Warehouse W - Valiant: X-O Manowar, Ken and Randy

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Mei, Winston; Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist

Post by Jabroniville »

Nice Sombra- I'm happy to see our powers more or less line up, though I used Affliction instead of Nullify, largely because I HATE Nullify, and I like the "sometimes you get a partial win" nature of Affliction :).

Regarding Brigitte... 28 seems rather high. I mean, I was legitimately concerned they'd reveal her to be sixteen or something- she has that "teenager hair" look, and despite her muscle mass (so... glorious...) she looks a fair bit younger. Maybe it's the fashion- the torn sleeves, heavy eyeshadow on wide, youthful eyes, etc.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Mei, Winston; Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:16 am Nice Sombra- I'm happy to see our powers more or less line up, though I used Affliction instead of Nullify, largely because I HATE Nullify, and I like the "sometimes you get a partial win" nature of Affliction :).
Unfortunately there's no Affliction in 2E :(
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:16 am Regarding Brigitte... 28 seems rather high. I mean, I was legitimately concerned they'd reveal her to be sixteen or something- she has that "teenager hair" look, and despite her muscle mass (so... glorious...) she looks a fair bit younger. Maybe it's the fashion- the torn sleeves, heavy eyeshadow on wide, youthful eyes, etc.
I think 28 is a fair assessment (my money was on 25-26).
Consider this, Ana is 60 and her daughter, Pharah, is 32. Tornbjorn is 57, so the age gap is nearly identical. The thing is that Brigitte is Torby's elderst, which means that he and his wife had most of their children when they were already over 35, which might not be all that weird if the life expectancy in the Overwatch universe is much higher.

For the records these are the official ages of all the characters.
  • Reinhardt: 61
  • Ana: 60
  • Torbjorn: 57
  • Roadhog, Moira: 48
  • Doomfist: 45
  • Mei: 40 (biologically 31 due to cryostasis)
  • Hanzo: 38
  • McCree, Mercy: 37
  • Genji: 35
  • Widowmaker: 33
  • Pharah: 32
  • Sombra, Bastion: 30
  • Winston: 29
  • Zarya, Symmetra: 28
  • Tracer, Lúcio: 26 (Tracer is a time anomaly)
  • Junkrat: 25 (this I didn't expect)
  • Brigitte: 23
  • Zenyatta: 20
  • D.Va: 19
  • Orisa: few months (core program age, the frame might be older)
  • Soldier 76, Reaper: Unknown (both are aging in a weird way due to genetic manipualtion)
:idea: Edit: fixed Brigitte's age according to the new source material.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist, Sombra

Post by Jabroniville »

Overwatch ages seem very odd in general- I'd have guessed Tracer for early 20s, Pharah & Mei for mid-20s, D.Va for 16-ish instead of 19, etc. Zarya & Brigitte being the same age feels a bit odd. Maybe it's the "anime eyes" making everyone look much younger. Or just the cyberpunk nature of the OW-verse keeping everyone looking younger than they really are (Mercy is of course the most notably example of this).
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist, Sombra

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am Overwatch ages seem very odd in general- I'd have guessed Tracer for early 20s, Pharah & Mei for mid-20s, D.Va for 16-ish instead of 19, etc. Zarya & Brigitte being the same age feels a bit odd. Maybe it's the "anime eyes" making everyone look much younger. Or just the cyberpunk nature of the OW-verse keeping everyone looking younger than they really are (Mercy is of course the most notably example of this).
I think a bit of both, but mostly it's the art style.

Woodclaw

#16 Overwatch: Bastion

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Ayya SAP

"Boop."

Bastion
SST Laboratories Siege Automaton E54

Power Level: 8 (see below); Power Points: 102; Hero Points: 2

STR: +6 (22), DEX: +1 (12), CON: - (-), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +4 (14), CHA: -2 (6)

Skills: Athletics 3 (+5), Awareness 3 (+5), Interaction 5 (+3/+7 toward animals), Survival - (+0/+4 toward animals), Technology 3 (+3)

Feats: Animal Empathy, Attack Focus 2 (ranged), Dodge Focus 3, Power Attack

[with Ganymede present: Improved Initiative, Second Chance (Mind Controls)]
[Recon Mode: Dodge Focus +2, Move-by Action]

Powers:
A Little Bird Told Me (Super-Senses 1 [Danger Sense, Auditory]; PF: Improved Initiative 1, Second Chance 1 [Mind Control]; Drawbacks: Power Loss 1 [without Ganymede]; 2pp)
Armored (Protection 4; Extra: Impervious [2 ranks only]; 6pp)
Massive (Growth 4 [Large size]; Extra: Construct; Flaw: Permanent; 12pp)
Robot (Immunity 30 [Fortitude Saves]; 30pp)

Reconfigure (Alternate Form 4; PF: Extra Form 2; Drawbacks: Power Switch 2 [Standard Action]; 20pp)
Base Form: Recon Mode wrote: Image
In Recon Mode Bastion Operates at PL7 on Attack and PL 8 on Defense
  • Enhanced Feats (Dodge Focus +2, Move-by Action)
  • Recon Armgun (Blast 6; PF: Alternate Power 1; Extra: Autofire; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal)
    • Self-Reapair (Healing 5; Extra: Total; Flaw: Self-Only)
Alternate Form: Sentry Mode wrote: Image
In Sentry Mode Bastion Operates at PL8 on Attack and as an immobile PL7 on Defense.
  • Modified Traits (Dodge Focus -2, Reflex Save -2)
  • Immovable 1
  • Reconfigured Armor (Protection +2)
  • Sentry Gatling (Blast 6; PF: Accurate 1 Alternate Power 1; Extra: Autofire 2; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal)
  • One-handed temporarily becomes No Hands
  • Gains the Temporary Disability (Immobile; -4)
Alternate Form: Tank Mode wrote: Image
In Tank Mode Mode Bastion operates at full PL8
  • Reconfigured Armor (Protection +2)
  • Threads (Supermovement 2 [Sure-footed 2])
  • Tank Cannon (Blast 8; PF: Alternate Power 1; Extra: Area [explosion, targeted]; Flaws: Unreliable [5 shots]; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal)
  • One-handed temporarily becomes No Hands
  • Gains the Temporary Disability (no jumping; -1)
Combat: Attack +6 (+8 ranged, +10 Sentry Gatling; Grapple: +17); Defense +10 [Recon]/+6 [Sentry]/+8 [Tank] (+3 Flat-footed); Initiative +1/+5 [with Ganymede]

Saves: Toughness +6/+8 [Sentry & Tank] (Impervious 4), Fortitude Immune, Reflex +2/+0 [Sentry], Will +5

Drawbacks:
  • Disability (One-handed [Common, Moderate]; -3pp)
  • Disability (Functionaly Mute [Very Common, Moderate]; -4pp)
  • Onvoluntary Transformation (reverts to Recon Mode when stunned [Uncommon, DC20]; -3pp)
Totals: Abilities -4 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 70 + Combat 26 + Saves 4 - Drawbacks 10 = 102

Complications
  • Motivation (Acceptance): After his rebooting Bastion has become a peaceful soul that only want to find a place to live a in peace.
  • Prejudice (Combat Omnic): During the Omnic Crisis the E54 series was the rank and file of the Omnic armies and for many people they're the face of the enemy.
  • Trauma (flashbacks): The reboot pretty much changed Bastion's core personality, but his original program is still dorman within the system and tend to resurface under certain circumstances.
:arrow: Before the Omnic Crisis the E54 Siege Automatons were created as sentry units for peace-keeping purpose, but once they were turned against humanity they become the face of the enemy. Extremely strong, proofed against small arms fire, capable of self-repairing on the field and utterly reletless, they were the rank and file of Omnic armies and the best militaries in the world crumbled against them. After the command infrastructure collapse, many E54 were destroyed or dismantled ... but not all.

:arrow: Bastion was part of the units sent to attack Stuttgart in Germany, but was heavily damaged and remained dormant in the forest of Eichenwald. Over a decade later, a small bird (later nicknamed Ganymede) started building a nest over the shell of the old warbot and reactivated it. Something went awry with Bastion's self-repair protocol and it found himself without a clear purpose, like newborn it started exoploring the surrounding. Unfortunately some residual elements were still present and Bastion experienced war allucinations that reverted him to full combat protocols. Lucky for it Ganymede was able to snap it out. Later Bastion crossed Germany and arrived in Sweden were it was spotted and hunted by a group of "concerned citizens" accompanied by Torbjörn Lindholm. It was a change of heart from the old combat engineer that allowed Bastion to live another day.

:arrow: Well, sure as hell Bastion was a handful, for such a simple concept it required me several attempts to get him right. The one unusual by about him is the Construct extra that I already used on Reinhardt: Bastion is Large-sized (something I went back and fort on), but rather than gaining +4 CON it gains +2 Impervious Toughness for a neat +0 modifier. I decided to use Alternate Form rather than Morph because Bastion doesn't have any real ability to blend in with the environment, except under very specific circumstances.

:arrow: From a character standpoint Bastion is pretty much the armed big brother of Pixar's Wall-E, this makes him at one time scary as hell and extremely cute, thanks to one of those "pre-uncanny valley" reflexes that makes us as a species like anything that apes the human but doesn't look human at all.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist, Sombra; Omnics: Bastion

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, Bastion's a pretty neat character- more than a little inspired by Wall-E and "cute robots" like that. And he was EASILY the most difficult of the entire cast for me to build. Which is annoying, because he was also the first one I tried to build :). I initially had Tank Mode as the base one since it cost the most, until you told me some of his powers were Tiring or Unreliable or something, which made him a heck of a lot easier.
Woodclaw

#17 Overwatch: Orisa

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Nathan L

"I will keep you safe. That is my primary function."

Orisa
OR-15

Power Level: 8; Power Points: 119; Hero Points: 2

STR: +6 (22), DEX: +0 (10), CON: - (-), INT: +1 (12), WIS: -1 (8), CHA: +2 (14)

Skills:Awareness 5 (+4), Interaction 2 (+4), Knowledge 2 (+3), Language 3 (6 ranks divided among Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and other Central African languages; Native: English 3), Profession (Law Enforcement, CHA) 2 (+4)

Feats: Attack Specialization 2 (Mounted Weapons), Dedication 1 (Protect adn Serve), Deep Ties1 (Efi), Dodge Focus 5, Interpose, Luck 1

[Withstand Damage]

Powers:
Armored (Protection 6; Extra: Impervious [2 ranks only]; 8pp)
Massive (Growth 4 [Large size]; Extra: Construct; Flaw: Permanent; 12pp)
Quadrupedal (Immovable 1; Extra: Unstoppable; 2pp)

Mounted Arsenal (Array 10; PF: Alternate Power 3; 23pp)
  • Base Power: Fusion Driver (Blast 7; Extra: Autofire; Drawbacks: Full Power)
  • AP: Halt! Graviton Charge (Snare 5; Extra: Area [burst, general], Knockback [reversed])
  • AP: Protective Barrier (Create Object 5; PF: Selective; Extra: Independent [ablative]; Flaw: Limited [half-dome only]; Drawbacks: Reduced Range 2)
  • AP: Supercharger (Boost 4 [single trait: attack]; PF: Slow Fade 1; Extra: Area [burst, general], Selective Attack; Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses])
Combat: Attack +5 (+9 mounted weapons; Grapple: +16); Defense +8 (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +0

Saves: Toughness +8 (Impervious 4/8 with Fortification), Fortitude Immune, Reflex +2, Will +3/+7 (Decication)

Drawbacks:
  • Disability (One-handed [Common, Moderate]; -3pp)
Totals: Abilities -2 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 80 + Combat 20 + Saves 6 - Drawbacks 3 = 119

Complications
  • Motivation (Duty): Orisa is programmed to be an ideal hero brave, loyal and ready to sacrifice herself for the good of the world
  • Naive and Accident-Prone: Orisa is, literally, a newborn, her programming is just a few months old and she just doesn't seem to realize her strength.
  • Prejudice (Combat Omnic): While Numbani is the one place on Earth were Omnics and humans coexist peacefully, Orisa is still a combat-ready warbot is a world that hates her.
  • Responsibility (Efi): It's no surprise that Efi more or less tried to build herself a surrogate mother in Orisa.
:arrow: Numbani. The City of Harmony. The only place on Earth were human and Omnics lives as equals. Founded in Nigeria thanks to the diplomatic efforts of U.N. under-secretary Gabrielle Adawe, this city has been an haven for all those who looked for a fresh start in the aftemath of the Omnic Crisis. Unfortunately even this paradise was threatened by the constant raids of Talon, under the leadership of Akinjide Adeyemi and, later, Akande Ogundimu (the 2nd and 3rd Doomfist). After Akande was apprehended the city has a bit of respite, but it was short lived. To protect the city from further attacks a think tank of local scientists took the blueprints for the OR-14 "Idina" combat robot, fielded during the Crisis against the German Crusaders. The new OR-15s didn't do very well, when Doomfist attacked the Numbani airport the robot were trashed and the project discarded.

:arrow: Efi Oladele a 11 years old girl genius saw the potential in the OR-15, she acquired parts from the destroyed robot thanks to a donation from the Adawe Foundation and built a single unit ... with a heart. She renamed the new Omnic, Orisa. What Efi aimed for was to create a hero with a motherly instinct to protect and help, rather than someone who would try that would chase after the badguys first.

:arrow: All in all, Orisa is a very simple build, but I had to cheat on her abilites a bit. The main culprit is her fortify power. I couldn't really found any good way to make it work in game, an Immunity to "movement effects" sound really hard to pull out, so I opted for the next best thing to simulate her tanky nature.

:arrow: I really like Orisa design, I think that it's one of the greatest achievements in the game, she looks in equal part cuddly (thanks to the rounded lines and the very expressive optic shutters) and imposing (the combination of the mask and sheer size). Unfortunately there's very little material to work with since she is literally a newborn.

Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist, Sombra; Omnics: Bastion, Orisa

Post by Woodclaw »

Also great fanart.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

D'aaaw. I never thought of it before, but yeah, they could have spent time together as kids. There is an age difference but maybe not too huge of one.

Any chance of seeing an Efi build or is that too meta?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:29 pm D'aaaw. I never thought of it before, but yeah, they could have spent time together as kids. There is an age difference but maybe not too huge of one.
Well, it seem that my informations were wrong, the new official document (this time straight from Bliz) set Brigitte's age at 23, not 28. So the age gap with Pharah is abouty 9 years.
Spectrum wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:29 pm Any chance of seeing an Efi build or is that too meta?
Well, Efi is mostly a single-stat NPC in my book. She doesn't seem to have much to her aside from genius level intellect, but I might give it a shot.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, Orisa has a really interesting design. This kind of huge, robotic Motherly Centaur thing, that looks both lovable and tough. Bastion is more inhumanly-cute like Wall-E, but Orisa is 100% unique.
Woodclaw

#18 Overwatch: Zenyatta

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Thomas Craddock

"Do I think? Does a submarine swim?"

Zenyatta
Tekhartha Zenyatta

Power Level: 7; Power Points: 120; Hero Points: 3

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +2 (14), CON: - (-), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +4 (18), CHA: +3 (16)

Skills: Athletics 3 (+4), Awareness 2 (+6/+10 [Dedication]), Interaction 3 (+6), Knowledge 3 (+5), Language 3 (English 2, 4 rank in various Asian languages and dialects; Native: Nepalese 3), Profession (Teacher, WIS) 4 (+8)

Feats: Assessment, Attack Specialization 1 (Orbs), Dedication (teaching and healing), Defensive Attack, Distract, Dodge Focus 5, Fascinate, Improved Block 1, Inspire 3, Luck 2, Weapon Bind, Zen Strike

[Instant Up]

Powers:
Floating (Super-Movement 2 [Air Walking]; PF: Instant Up; 5pp)
Force Field 4 (4pp)
Structural Integrity (Protection 2; 2pp)

Orbs (Array 6; PF: Alternate Power 4; 16pp)
  • Base Power: Orb of Destruction (Blast 6)
  • AP: Orbs Volley (Blast 6; Extra: Autofire 1; Flaw: Action 1 [full-round])
  • AP: Orb of Harmony (Healing 6; Extra: Range 1 [ranged]; Flaw: Limited to Others)
  • AP: Orb of Discord (Drain 6 [Toughness]; Extra: Range 1 [ranged])
  • AP: Transcendence (Morph 1 [Robotic Buddha]; PF: Metamorph; Drawbacks: One-Way Transformation)
Combat: Attack +6 (+8 Orbs; Grapple: +7); Defense +8 (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +2

Saves: Toughness +2/+6 with Force Field, Fortitude Immune, Reflex +4, Will +5/+9 (Dedication)

Totals: Abilities 14 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 57 + Combat 18 + Saves 3 - Drawbacks 0 = 120

Complications
  • Motivation (Enlightment): Zenyatta and his peers from the Shambali look for a way to prove that artificial intelligence does possess a soul as well.
  • Prejudice (Omnic): While he's just a basic worker model with very little modification, Zenyatta is still the target of hatred and mnistrust.
  • Responsibility (Genji, pupil): While Genji is now at peace with himself, Zenyatta still feel some for of obligation toward his old pupil.
  • Responsibility (legacy of Mondatta): Tekhartha Mondatta, the former leader of the Shambali was a powerful advocate of the coexistence between human and Omnics, after Widowmaker killed him Zenyatta tried to kept his teaching alive.
:arrow: After the Omnic Crisis a group of working robots experienced what they described as a form of spiritual awakening. It's unclear what caused it, but these Omnics abandoned their original programming and went ona pilgrimage to Nepal, where they founded a clandestine order of monk called the Shambali and a monastery. After many years of meditation and philosophical debate they came to the conclusion that, in spite of their artificial origin, they too had souls like human, just of a different nature. This revelation pushed the leader of the group, Tekhartha Mondatta, to work tirellessly to heal the fracture between Omnics and humans.

:arrow: Zenyatta distinguished himself among the ranks of the Shambali for his radical ideas. While most of brethen thought that the way to harmony was through dogmatic teaching, he thought that the interpersonal connection with humans was the way to harmony. To this end he walked his own path, seeking students and helping people along the way in the style of the wandering monks of old.

:arrow: In game terms Zenyatta is a pretty effective combo, his orbs provide a good variety of effects and general support, while also being a very effective mean of attack. I stated Zenyatta at PL7 to stress the fact that he's not built for combat and he really need to hit with that Drain Orb to get the damage going. The only big fail of this build is Transcendence, I just wasn't able to build Zenyatta to fit the 120pp limit without cheating a bit and using Metamorph. It's kind of okay, since that ultimate ability replace pretty much his entire powers set, but still...

:arrow: What makes Zenyatta really stand out as a character is that he's kind of a subversion of the usual Pinocchio Syndorme trope. He doesn't want to become human, he's content to be a robot and recognize that they are simply two different kind of life-form. This actually ties in to a number of sources, chief among them a good chunk of Isaac Asimov's Robots short stories (especially "The Segregationist" and the entire Susan Calvin's series), but revisited from a vaguely Buddhist perspective. One funny bit, I distincly remember that series of representation of a robotic Buddha appeared in the manga Gunnm: Last Order and it was stated that according to space age Buddhism, robots could achive enlightment as well as humans.

Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist, Sombra; Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta

Post by Jabroniville »

I do like Zenyatta's overall concept, though building him was a nuisance- the "Robot Who Wants To Be Human" thing is quite possibly one of the most tired tropes I can imagine. It's a real treat to basically see "Robots ARE Life" treated so much as a standard.
Woodclaw

#19 Overwatch: Pharah

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Jarold SNG

"I was afraid that someday I'd have to make this decision. Which is more important ... the man ... or the mission?"

Pharah
Captain Fareeha Amari (فريحة أماري)

Power Level: 7 (8 Airborne); Power Points: 118; Hero Points: 3

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +2 (14), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +2 (14)

Skills: Athletics 4 (+6), Awareness 3 (+6/+10 [Dedication]), Knowledge 4 (+5), Language 2 (Egyptian Arabic 2, One Northen Iroquian Dialect 2; Native: English 3), Profession (Military, INT) 6 (+7), Survival 3 (+6), Technology 3 (+4), Thievery 2 (+5)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Benefit 1 (dual citizenship), Benefit 1 (Helix Security Clearance), Dedication (Protect), Dodge Focus 3, Endurance 1, Equipment 5, Favored Environment 2 (Airborne), Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Rallying Cry, Teamwork 2, Uncanny Dodge 1 (visual)

Powers:
Raptora Mk 6 Armor (Device 7 [hard to lose]; Drawback: Conditonal Ownership [Helix Security Property]; 26pp)

Devices

Raptora Mk6 Armor (35pp of effects)
  • Armor Plates (Protection 4)
  • Concussion Rocket (Trip 6; Extras: PF: Alternate Power 1; Area [explosion, targeted], Knockback)
    • Barrage (Blast 8; Extra: Area [shapeable, targeted], Autorfire 1; Flaws: Distracting, Tiring, Unreliable [5 uses])
  • Sensors (Super-senses 7 [Extended 1 (visual & radar), Infravision, Radar])
  • Wingpack (Flight 3 [50 mph]; Drawback: Power Loss 1 [winged])
Equipment: Commlink, Military Undersuit (Protection 1 [subtle])
Arsenal (array)
  • Rocket Launcher (+8 explosive damage [4 rnaks of targeted explosion area]; crit 20; 80'; Full Power, Lethal)
  • Regulation Sidearm (+4 ballistic damage;crit 20; 40'; Full Power, Lethal)
  • Combat Knife (+1 piercing or slashing damage; crit 19; 20' [thrown]; Mighty)
2ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +6 (Grapple: +8); Defense +8 (+3 Flat-footed); Initiative +3

Saves: Toughness +2/+6 with armor, Fortitude +5, Reflex +4, Will +6 (+10 Dedication)

Totals: Abilities 26 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Feats 23 + Powers 26 + Combat 22 + Saves 7 - Drawbacks 0 = 118

Complications
  • Motivation (legacy of heroes): Not only Fareeha grew up among the ranks of Overwatch, both her parents comes from lines of soldiers, policemen and other civil servants.
  • Responsibility (Helix Security Officier): Fareeha is currently employed by the Helix Security, one of the most important private security contractors in ther world.
  • Responsibility (dad): Ever since her mother's disappearence Fareeha has grown very attached to her father.
:arrow: Being a hero is in Fareeha Amari's D.N.A., even before joining Overwatch her mother Ana was already one of the best soldiers in the world, her father -- Sam -- came from a long line of civil servants. Fareeha grew up surrounded by the members of the original Overwatch, her mother thought that it would be a good for her to have such shining examples next to her. She never considered that her daughter would wish to join them. After many arguments over her future, Fareeha left and joined the Egyptian Army, training to get a better chance of joining Overwatch. In spite of meteoric rise, the organization was disbanded before she had a real chance. To make things worst, her mother was declared K.I.A. and Fareeha decided to get a udjat tattoo in her memory.

:arrow: Later she joined the Helix Security, a private security company formerly a contractor of Overwatch for weapon development and prison security. It was during a search and destroy operation, when the God Program Anubis broke loose that Pharah finally got the meaning of the symbol she wore: protection didn't mean that someone would protect her, but she had dedicated herself to protect others.

:arrow: In game terms Pharah is extremely simple, yet effective. As the only "true" flyer in the game she is more or less a one-woman-airstrike. I decided to make her an environmental specialist since most iof the time when she lands the opposing team tend to gang-up on her. There's plenti of room in the build rectify that if needs be.

:arrow: All in all, I really love Pharah, her design is incredibly simple and it would be really boring if it wasn't for the helmet (and the wingpack) that remally make the armor. It's kind of weird to say, but I'm always kind of surprised by how much on the level she is. It's a massive plus for me, but in cast of oddballs and psychos, she manages to stay extremely cool and composed.

:arrow: Also any excuse to link this video is welcomed.

Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah

Post by Jabroniville »

Pharah really does have an amazing design - dark-skinned, athletic and given this great falcon-like silhouette. She's arguably the most "superhero" of the characters, too- she would be a great aerial "Iron Man" concept.