Warehouse W - Valiant: X-O Manowar, Ken and Randy

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:24 am Pharah really does have an amazing design - dark-skinned, athletic and given this great falcon-like silhouette. She's arguably the most "superhero" of the characters, too- she would be a great aerial "Iron Man" concept.
Do you want to ear something even crazier about the Amari family?

According to the official material Pharah is 32, and Winston recalled Overwatch after about 8 years of undercover. Before that there were about to decades of peace after the Omnic Crisis, which lasted for several years. This means that Pharah was conceived during the Crisis and Ana was probably pregnant during some of the fights :o
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Woodclaw

#20 Overwatch - Zarya

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Neeskain

"Back to Russia. Back to the front. After that, I do not know."

Zarya
Sergeant Alexandra Zaryanova (Александра Зарянова)

Power Level: 8 (at maximum power); Power Points: 120; Hero Points: 3

STR: +5 (20), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +4 (18), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: +2 (14)

Skills: Athletics 3 (+8), Awareness 4 (+5), Knowledge 2 (+4), Language 1 (English 2; Native: Russian 3), Profession (Int) (Military) 4 (+6), Survival 3 (+7), Vehicles 3 (+5)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Benefit 1 (Military Security Clearance), Benefit 1 (organizational ties: Volskaya Industries), Crushing Pin, Diehard, Dodge Focus 1, Endurance 1, Environmental Adaptation 1 (artic), Equipment 3, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Luck 2, Teamwork 1, Ultimate Strength, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Power-lifter (Super-strength 1; heavy load: 800')
Particle Barrier Generator (Device 5 [hard to lose]; Drawback: Conditional Ownership 2 [army equipment]; 18pp)
Particle Cannon (Device 4 [easy to lose]; PF: Restricted 1 [requires super-strength or an emplacement]; Drawback: Conditional Ownership 2 [army equipment]; 11pp)

Devices

Particle Barrier Generator (25 pp of Effects)
  • Linked: Force Field 6 (Extra: Affect Others, Range 1 [ranged]; Flaws: Ablative, Limited [ranged attacks only])
  • Linked: Boost 6 (all Particle Cannons firing modes, one at time; Extra: Action 3 [Reaction]; Flaw: Personal; Limited [can only boost up to the Force field level or the Damage bonus, whichever is lower])
Particle Cannon (20 pp of Effects)
  • Particle Stream (Damage 6; PF: Alternate Power 2; Extra: Area [line, targeted], Duration [Concentration]; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal)
  • Particle Grenade (Blast 6; Extra: Area [Explosion, targeted]; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal)
  • Graviton Surge (Paralyze 8; Extra: Alternate Save [Reflex], Area [explosion, general], Range 1 [ranged], Flaw. Limited to Slow, Tiring, unreliable [5 uses]; Drawbacks: Full Power)

Equipment: Commlink, Military Armor (Protection 4; Immunity 2 [Environmental Heat & Cold; Half-effect])
Arsenal (array)
  • Regulation Sidearm (+4 ballistic damage; crit 20; 40'; Lethal, Full Power)
  • Armored Gloves (+1 bludgeon damage; crit 20; Mighty)
2ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +6 (grapple +12); Defense +6 (+3 Flat-footed); Initiative +2

Saves: Toughness +4/+8 with armor/+10 with Force Field, Fortitude +6, Reflex +3, Will +5

Totals: Abilities 26 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Feats 35 + Powers 12 + Combat 28 + Saves 7 - Drawbacks 0 = 120

Complications
  • Fame (strongest woman in the world/hero of Russia): even before joining the army, Zarya was a famous olypic level athlete.
  • Hatred (Omnics): Although recent events have challenged her preconceptions, Zarya has gorwn up hating the Omnics.
  • Motivation (patriotism): Zarya's conviction to her country is at a crazy high level.
  • Secret (the turth about Katya Volskaya): During her recent hunt for Sombra, Zarya discovered the truth about Katya Volskaya. The most powerful woman in Russia actually got her technology from the Omnics, but for the sake of the motheland Zarya decided not tio divulge the information.
:arrow: Born during the Omnics Crisis in a small community not far from the Siberian Front, Alexandra Zaryanova grew up surrounded by the devastation of the war. Even after the army shut down the Suberian Omnium (an automated Omnics factory) the region was in ruin little Zarya swore to do her best to help her people recover. She went into weightlifting and was identified as potential olympic promise, shattering many long-standing records during training. At the eve of her first Olympic the Siberian Omnium reactivated, plunging her hometown back into the war. Zarya quitted the Olympics and rushed back home to enlist with the Russian Defense Force. She was deployed on the Krasnoyarsk front and brought the war back to the Omnics.

:arrow: Thanks to her spectacular combat record and her fame as an athlete, Zarya quickly became the poster girl of the Russian Army. During combat, she ripped a particle cannon from a vehicle chassis, which became her signature weapon. After Talon tried to assinate Katya Volskaya, and Sombra started to blackmail her, the C.E.O. enlisted Zarya to hunt down the hacker, pairing her with a Omnics hacker called Lynx Seventeen. The unlikely team tracked down Sombra at Dorado, Mexico, and a firefight followed. When Zarya was about to knock her out, Sombra spilled the secret of Katya Volskaya and activated a bomb to cover her escape. Much to her surprise, Zarya saved Lynx. Later, she went back to Russia, confronted Volskaya and then it was back to the front.

:arrow: Zarya is one of those characters that really suffer from the limits of PL. While she's technically undercapped, her Particle Cannon is a perfect mion swatter weapon that can dish out substantial damage with a bit of boost and her lays the problem ... as usual. To compensate I added a few more pieces of military gear that allows Zarya to operate as a PL7 tank/grappler if needs be. BTW, the Particle Cannon is a device only by virtue of the interaction with the Force Field, otherwise it's a pretty standard piece of military equipment.

:arrow: In terms of design Zarya is kind of all over the place for me, I like the concept, I like the character design, but the execution ... I think my friend Olga said it better (although she was pretty much trolling herself ;) ).

Last edited by Woodclaw on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah, Zarya

Post by Jabroniville »

ZARYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Yeah, she's a pain to build. The "taken from military hardware" says "Equipment", but all the myriad powers say "Device". That it has that "Does more damage the more hits you take" thing makes it both a nuisance to stat, a nuisance to play, and DANGEROUS to play. You actually have to take hits to reach your damage caps!

As far as design goes, it's fantastic, if a bit stereotypical. The fact that she has PINK HAIR and NAIL POLISH despite her uber-butch design is wonderful- contrasting perfectly with those tattoos and her armor. The only part of the design I don't really care for are the GIANT, over-sized boots- it makes her silhouette look weird, and diminishes the impact of her gloriously-muscular physique.

You neglected "Relationship (Jabroniville)" in her Complications, BTW.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah, Zarya

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 pm Yeah, she's a pain to build. The "taken from military hardware" says "Equipment", but all the myriad powers say "Device". That it has that "Does more damage the more hits you take" thing makes it both a nuisance to stat, a nuisance to play, and DANGEROUS to play. You actually have to take hits to reach your damage caps!
I often call it the Rogue paradox: i.e. characters that are clearly meant to go over the PL-caps by doing something risky, but can't.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 pm As far as design goes, it's fantastic, if a bit stereotypical. The fact that she has PINK HAIR and NAIL POLISH despite her uber-butch design is wonderful- contrasting perfectly with those tattoos and her armor. The only part of the design I don't really care for are the GIANT, over-sized boots- it makes her silhouette look weird, and diminishes the impact of her gloriously-muscular physique.
The boots makes sense to me, the heavy look fits the general theme of Zarya and they are close enough in design to futuristic snow-boots to make sense on a character that is supposed to fight on the Siberian front.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 pm You neglected "Relationship (Jabroniville)" in her Complications, BTW.
Sorry, I got a call from one Maxine Hunkel, who said that she want to have a chat with you.

Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

It's nice to see some enduring love for M&M 2E.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:53 am It's nice to see some enduring love for M&M 2E.
Thanks, but to be fair Yojimbo posts a lot of 2e builds as well,many muchmore creative than mine.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 am Thanks, but to be fair Yojimbo posts a lot of 2e builds as well,many muchmore creative than mine.
I'm turning red over here!
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Okay Brigitte was officially released today, so I'm gonna start collecting material for the build.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:07 pm Okay Brigitte was officially released today, so I'm gonna start collecting material for the build.
Brigitte!!! So cute!!

Of course, they stuck one of the best character designs I've ever seen in a video game in the World's Most Generic Video Game Armor, but still.
Woodclaw

#21 Overwatch - Brigitte Lindholm

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Dashiana

"In stories, the heroes get the honor and glory. But their gleaming armor, their mighty weapons, the people who built them were heroes in their own right."

Brigitte Lindholm

Power Level: 8; Power Points: 120; Hero Points: 3

STR: +3 (16), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +2 (14), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +2/+5 (14/20)

Skills: Athletics 3 (+6), Awareness 3 (+5), Interaction 4 (+6), Knowledge 2 (+5), Language 2 (English 3, German 1; native: Swedish 3), Profession (engineer, INT) 5 (+8), Technology 5 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 2, Attack Specialization 1 (Rocket Flail), Combat Driver 2, Dodge Focus 2, Equipment 2, Improvised Tools, Inspire 2/4, Inventor, Luck 2, Power Attack, Salvage, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack 1, Teamwork 1, Weapon Bind

[Dedicated Dodge, Improved Block, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip]

Powers:
Master Builder (Quickness 3 [task speed x10]: Flaw: One Task [jury rigging]; 1pp)
Repair Pack (Device 3 [easy to lose]; 9pp)
Rocket Flail (Device 3 [easy to lose]; 9pp)
Squire Armor (Device 6 [hard to lose]; 24pp)

Devices

Reapair Pack (15pp of effects)
  • Linked: Healing 6 (Extra: Restoration, Range 1 [ranged]; Flaw: Limited to Others, Limited [restore only Toughness])
  • Linked: Protection 6 (Extra: Affect Others [only], Range 1 [ranged]; Flaw: Ablative, Action 1)
Rocket Flail (15 pp of Effects)
  • Strike 3 (PF: Extended Reach 2, Improved Disarm 1, Improved Trip, Knockback 3, Mighty, Split Attack 1 [2 targets])
Squire Armor (30 pp of Effects)
  • Armor Plating (Protection 5)
  • Barrier Shield (Shield 4; PF: Dedicated Dodge, Improved Block 1)
  • Rally Banner (Enhanced Traits [Charism +6, Inspire +2]; Flaw: Limited 3 [Charisma only increase the number of Inspire targets])
Equipment: Medkit, Toolkit, Truck (5ep shared vehicle)

4ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +6 (+8 melee, +10 with Rocket Flail; Grapple: +11); Defense +5/+9 with shield (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +2

Saves: Toughness +2/+7 with armor, Fortitude +5, Reflex +3, Will +6

Totals: Abilities 28 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Feats 21 + Powers 31 + Combat 18 + Saves 8 - Drawbacks 0 = 120

Complications
  • Big Eater: Brigitte has a metabolism like a blast furnace, between being naturally gluttunous and training with Reinhardt she burns tons of calories per day.
  • Motivation (Legacy of Heroes): Like Pharah, Brigitte strive to live up to the example of her predecessors.
  • Reputation (her father's daughter): In his heyday, Torbjörn Lindholm was a rather infamous weapon designer and some of that reputation rubbed off to Brigitte.
  • Responsibility (Squire to Reinhardt): A long time ago Brigitte decided to follow her godfather, Wilhelm Reinhardt, in his adventures, hoping to keeping him alive.
:arrow: Born at the height of the Overwatch generation, Brigitte is the youngest daughter of Torbjörn and Ingrid Lindholm, the only one of her many siblings that showed the same degree of technical aptitude as her father. She grew up in Torby's workshop and pretty mcuh everyone expected her to follow in her father's footsteps, although she seemed more keen on building armor and medical devices, rather than weapons. Her plans changed due to the influence of her godfather, Wilhelm Reinhardt. Wehn she was young he told him many stories about knights and chivalry and when he became a "knight errant" she joined him as his squire.

:arrow: When Winston recalled the team, Brigitte tried to talk Reinhardt out of it, reminding him how he was forced into retirement. When her arguments didn't even budge the old Crusader's sense of honor and responsibility, Brigitte decided to do the next best thing: build her own armor and join him in battle.

:arrow: I had make a lot of concessions to this build since Brigitte's main in-game ability is hard to replicate: she does an area heal while bashing people with her flail :shock: To compensate I made her Repair Pack much more effective than it is in game and merge many of her attacks together. Brigitte is highly dependent on her armor to hit PL-caps, but she's a stupidly efficient platoon sergeant build, she might not lead the charge, but she's the one that keeps the team going.

:arrow: One more note on the armor pack, the basic logic of it is that Brigitte can't re-use it before the ablative armor on one target expires.

:arrow: After trying her in game, Brigitte is literally a D&D cleric put into a cyberpunk setting, she heals, she bless, she smack people in the face with a mace and is a ton of fun to play. While Ana is still my favored concept as a support, Brigitte is the one I'm enjoying playing the most.

Woodclaw

#22 Overwatch - D.Va

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Yin Yuming

"Nerf this!"

D.Va
Honorary Lieutenant J.G. Hana Song (송하나)

Power Level: 8; Power Points: 116; Hero Points: 3

STR: +0/+7 (10/24), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +1 (12), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +3 (16)

Skills: Athletics 4 (+4), Awareness 8 (+8), Interaction 3 (+6), Knowledge 2 (+4/+8 [pop culture]), Language 1 (Netspeech English 2; native: Korean 3), Performance 2 (+5), Profession (celebrity, CHA) 4 (+7), Survival 2 (+3), Technology 2 (+4/+8 [computer & software]), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Feats: Attack Focus 2 (ranged), Benefit 1 (Fame), Benefit 1 (Mobile Exoforce security clearance), Dodge Focus 2/5, Equipment 4, Improved Initiative 1, Luck 2, Task Focus 1 (Technology, computer & software), Task Focus 1 (Knoledge, Pop Culture)

Powers:
Mobile Exoforce Combat Mech (Device 15 [hard to lose]; PF: Restriced 1 [high level reflexs]; Drawbacks: concitional Ownership 2 [military equipment], Key [wristcom beacon], Temporary Disability 2 [no bonus strength to grasping hands]; 56pp)

Devices

Picture by Antoine Collognon
Mobile Exoforce Combat Mech (75pp of Effects)
  • Armor Plating (Protection 4; Extra Impervious [2 ranks])
  • Boosters (Leaping 5)
  • Combat Matrix (Enhanced Traits [Attack +2, Dodge focus +3])
  • Enhanced Strength 6
  • Frame (Growth 4 [Large size]; Extra: Construct [-4 CON, +2 Impervious Protection], Flaw: Permanent)
  • On-Board Equipment (webcam, computer and mini-fridge)
  • Sensors (Super-Senses 11 [Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense, Analytical (all visual), Ultravision, Radar, Extended 1 (radar)])
  • Weapon systems (Array 10; PF: Accurate 1, Alternate Power 3)
    • Base Power: Fusion Cannons (Damage 7; Extra: Autofire 1, Area [line, targeted]; Drawbacks: Lethal Only, Full Power)
    • AP: Micro Missiles (Damage 7; Extra: Area [shapeable, general], Range 1 [ranged]; Drawbacks: Lethal Only, Full Power)
    • AP: Defense Matrix (Shield 2; PF: Progression 1 [area]; Extra: Affect Others, Area [cone, general])
    • AP: Self-Destruct (Damage 8; Extra: Area [explosion, general], Penetrating; Flaw: Side-Effect 2 [mech destroyed], Tiring; Drawbacks: Lethal Only, Full Power)
Equipment: Smartphone (Cellphone + Camera), Wristcom Beacon (commlink), M.E.K.A. pilot suit (Protection 2 [subtle])

Light gun (+4 ballistic damage; crit 20; 40'; Autofire 1, Full Power, Lethal)

4ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +3/+5 (+5/+7 ranged, +9 Mech Weapons; Grapple: +3/+17); Defense +5/+9 with mech and defense matrix (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +2

Saves: Toughness +3/+7 with mech (Impervious 4), Fortitude +3, Reflex +5, Will +4

Drawbacks:
  • Involuntary Transformation (uncommon, irresistible [if the mech is too damaged, D.Va will be forced to eject])
  • Normal Identity (summoning a new mech requires 1 minute)
Totals: Abilities 18 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Feats 15 + Powers 56 + Combat 14 + Saves 8 - Drawbacks 9 = 117

Complications
  • Fame (living the dream): Evne before becoming the Korean Army poster-girl, Hana was a famed pro-gamer and Starcraft champion. Now she lives a crazy double life as a celebrity idol and soldier.
  • Life isn't a game: Hana seem to take everything that happens around her like a giant videogame, especially combat.
  • Responsibility (to the Mobile Exforce): Hana is an active member of the M.E.K.A. and this put a big stop to many of her other interests.
  • Responsibility (fans & sponsors): In spite of the protests of her superior officiers, Hana keep streaming her combat operations and accept sponsorships. The financial support she provides to M.E.K.A. is the only reason she's allowed to do so.
  • Temper (Over-competitive): Since her pro-gaming days Hana has been known to mercilessly crush her opponents.
:arrow: For about the decade after the end of the Omnic Crisis, the Korean peninsula enjoyed peace like most of the world, but it didn't last. A gigantic Omnic construct -- still unnamed to these days -- emerged from the East China Sea and left a trail of destruction. What looked like a random attack become just the first a series of incurstions that cause incredible damage across the country, The military developed a new remote controlled combat droid -- nicknamed M.E.K.A. (Mechanized Exo-force of the Korean Army) -- to protect the urban areas from the monster, but the first field test revealed a crippling flaw. The Omnic was learning from each encounter adapting its tactics and capabilities, until it learned how to disrupt the remote control network. This forced to redesign the M.E.K.A. into a piloted unit, but its highly complex system and quick response time made it more difficolt to pilot than a fighter jet.

:arrow: The army started scouting for potential candidates and find some among top level pro-gamers, whose reflexes were already hyped up. Hana Song -- better known as D.Va -- was already at the top of her game, when the goverment drafted her. She left the spotlight (and a potential career as a movie starlet) to join the army, seeing it as the ultimate challenge of her gaming skills. While, she's commited to her mission, she still behave like a gamer.

:arrow: Rule-wise, D.Va is a solid character, but boring as hell. Her mech has a good number of features and abilities, but the only one that looks and play interesting is the Defense Matrix, everything else is just as it looks. I decided to stat the mech as a Device because of the 1 minute delay I put on the summoning. On her own D.Va is still a solid PL4/5 fighter, but surving 10 rounds before the new unit arrives it's no joke.

:arrow: D.Va irks me. A lot. It's one of those things that changed over time, when I was younger I liked the idea of the teenager piloting a giant robot, nowadays ... I still like it, but with some reservation. There are two thing that I can't stand: one is netspeech, I've been a student of foreign languages and literatures so you can imagine how much I dislike people butchering a language; the second is the feeling that D.Va is meant to be one of those bunny ear lawyers that are allowed anything because they're so good at one thing. I know it's a time tested trope, since the days of Sherlock Holmes at the very least, but for some reason D.Va pushes it to a really uncomfortable area for me.

:arrow: BTW, her rank is a complete conjecture on my part, but since most militaries only allow officiers to become pilto it seemed appropriate.

Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah, Zarya, Brigitte

Post by Jabroniville »

Brigitte has one of the greatest designs ever... in her civilian form. A super-cute, yet very built, young woman with cool hair and a great outfit. But in the game, she's just... Generic Power Armor Lass. Part of the Halo generation of "Everyone In Space Armor". Really boring. And she looks like she's gonna be annoying to do whenever *I* get around to building her. All those Devices and varying powers... yikes.

D.Va is interesting conceptually, but I'm not sure what her actual behavior is like- has she had a comic or Movie devoted to her just yet? I do find it amusing (in a "how can they POSSIBLY think this is a good idea?" kind of way) that an ENTIRE NATION has now treated The Last Starfighter as a Proof Of Concept- gamers as warriors?

Her design is really stand-out, though- she's probably the easiest person in the game aside from Zarya to pick out in a crowd, even without the full costume. Okay, mainly because of her age, size and those cheek-triangles, but still. D.Va fanart is probably the easiest to pick out compared to any Overwarch character, no matter the style of the artist.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah, Zarya, Brigitte

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:54 am Brigitte has one of the greatest designs ever... in her civilian form. A super-cute, yet very built, young woman with cool hair and a great outfit. But in the game, she's just... Generic Power Armor Lass. Part of the Halo generation of "Everyone In Space Armor". Really boring. And she looks like she's gonna be annoying to do whenever *I* get around to building her. All those Devices and varying powers... yikes.
To be honest I rather like the armor design, while some bits are very plain, it also has some little details that are meant to suggest both Reinhardt and Torby. The shield, the backpack and the front surcoat-like flat give her a bit of unique silhouette. I agree that the rest of the armor is rather plain, but I think the designers wanted to avoid overloading her with details.
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:54 amD.Va is interesting conceptually, but I'm not sure what her actual behavior is like- has she had a comic or Movie devoted to her just yet? I do find it amusing (in a "how can they POSSIBLY think this is a good idea?" kind of way) that an ENTIRE NATION has now treated The Last Starfighter as a Proof Of Concept- gamers as warriors?

Her design is really stand-out, though- she's probably the easiest person in the game aside from Zarya to pick out in a crowd, even without the full costume. Okay, mainly because of her age, size and those cheek-triangles, but still. D.Va fanart is probably the easiest to pick out compared to any Overwarch character, no matter the style of the artist.
Nope, so far D.Va was never the subject of much extra material, which makes me suspect that they're still trying to find a good way to use her.

In general I can get behind the idea of using gaming as first test for pilots, but there's just no way in hell that they would trust a high tech war machine like that to a 19 years old with barely one year of military training.

danelsan

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah, Zarya, Brigitte, D.Va

Post by danelsan »

Hehe. D.Va just might be the least believable character in the whole cast (which includes an intelligent gorilla and a robot zen monk, so that is quite the achievement!). So many absurd things with her...

A gaming champion's (at RTS, not even shooters or an actual mech game) skills somehow translating to complex war machinery with barely any training.

A 19 years old, who behaves younger and treats life as a game, being allowed to pilot said machine in actual war.

She must be making hundreds of millions in sponsorship if the government is allowing her to do something as stupid as streaming her combat missions. ("So, kids, If you liked me reducing that purple sniper girl to bloody chunks with the gatling guns in my MEKA, don't forget to like and subscribe")

I also wonder if it is common in the korean military to name things by acronyms based on English words.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Omnics: Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta; New Generation: Pharah, Zarya, Brigitte, D.Va

Post by Woodclaw »

danelsan wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:30 pm Hehe. D.Va just might be the least believable character in the whole cast (which includes an intelligent gorilla and a robot zen monk, so that is quite the achievement!). So many absurd things with her...

A gaming champion's (at RTS, not even shooters or an actual mech game) skills somehow translating to complex war machinery with barely any training.

A 19 years old, who behaves younger and treats life as a game, being allowed to pilot said machine in actual war.

She must be making hundreds of millions in sponsorship if the government is allowing her to do something as stupid as streaming her combat missions. ("So, kids, If you liked me reducing that purple sniper girl to bloody chunks with the gatling guns in my MEKA, don't forget to like and subscribe")

I also wonder if it is common in the korean military to name things by acronyms based on English words.
An argument could be make that with the level of micro-management required by some RTS (especially at pro-level) it trains the pilot to keep multiple situations under control even with a minimal H.U.D.
Given that, everything else is pretty much on point, but ... I think that a lot of details are missing. The source material imply that D.Va actually volunteered for the M.E.K.A. both out of patriotism and because she was looking for a challenge, which imply that she's either dumber or much more mature than she looks.

Anyway ever since the aforementioned The Last Starfighter and Wargames there has been a number of products based on the idea of videogames being a gateway into something much more complex and much deadlier. The entire Ender's Game series is based on that premise.

Eck even i used it as the stariting point for a Mekton Z campaign.