Warehouse W - Valiant: X-O Manowar, Ken and Randy

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Skaramine

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch Junkers: Roadhog, Junkrat; Energy Controllers: Nightfall

Post by Skaramine »

A Couple of random comments.

For Overwatch dudes, there's one or two cool looking guys - MacReady, Doomfist, Harambe... Er... Winston.

As for the Darkforce, I liked it as Marvel's counterpart to Green Lantern constructs. Plus, now with the theories of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, I think folks like Darkstar and Blackout are due for a return, and Cloak a little upgrade in power.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch New Generation: Hanzo, Lúcio, Symmetra; Junkers: Roadhog, Junkrat

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:48 am Back in 2009, our friend Scots Dragon (Narsil back then) created a pretty good set of "elemental controllers" builds, which was one of my favorites from the ATT. With his permission, I decided to revamp that concept and -- eventually -- use it as a test bench for some new ideas.
Wait, was that the one that had "Ready to play" mentioned in every build, and had each character with their own particular element, like Vibration Control and all the other obscure ones contained in Ultimate Power? I loved that bit!
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch New Generation: Hanzo, Lúcio, Symmetra; Junkers: Roadhog, Junkrat

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:26 am
Woodclaw wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:48 am Back in 2009, our friend Scots Dragon (Narsil back then) created a pretty good set of "elemental controllers" builds, which was one of my favorites from the ATT. With his permission, I decided to revamp that concept and -- eventually -- use it as a test bench for some new ideas.
Wait, was that the one that had "Ready to play" mentioned in every build, and had each character with their own particular element, like Vibration Control and all the other obscure ones contained in Ultimate Power? I loved that bit!
Yeah, that's the one. The characters are going to be mostly originals of mine, but the spirit of the set is that one.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Woodclaw

#29 Ready to Play Energy Controllers: Thermite

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Craig Payne

"Hell is from here to eternity."

Thermite

Power Level: 10; Power Points: 150; Hero Points: 1

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +2 (14), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +0 (10)

Skills:

Feats: Accurate Attack, Attack Specialization 1 (Pyrokinesis), Benefit 1 (organizational ties: Military), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 5, Endurance 1, Fearsome Presence 5, Imprioved Initiative 1, Improved Sunder, Task Focus 1 (Demolitions), Teamwork 2

Powers:
Living Flame (Immunity 13 [heat effects, disease, poison, starvation & thirst]; 13pp)
White Phosphorous Halo (Linked: Energy Aura + Environmental Control + Protection; 21pp)
  • Linked: Energy Aura 4 (Fire; PF: Controllable 1 [Concentration]; Flaw: Permament; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal)
  • Linked: Environmental Control 2 (bright light & heat; PF: Controllable 1 [Concentration]; Flaw: Permament;)
  • Linked: Protection 4 (PF: Controllable 1 [Concentration]; Flaw: Limited [physical attacks])

Pyrokinesis (Array 12; PF: Alternate Power 5; 29pp)
  • Base Power: Flamethrower (Damage 12; Extra: Area [line, targeted]; Drawback: Lethal)
  • AP: Buring Bright (Dazzle 10 [visual]; Extra: Area [perception]; Flaw: Range 1 [touch])
  • AP: Fireball (Blast 8; Extra: Area [explosion, targeted]; Drawback: Lethal)
  • AP: Flame Wall (Blast 6; PF: Progression 3 [area x10]; Extra: Area [shapeable, general], Duration 1 [concentration]; Flaw: Distracting; Drawback: Lethal)
  • AP: Thermal Lance (Damage 8; PF: Extended Reach 4; Extra: Penetrating; Drawback: Lethal)
  • AP: Pyro Flight (Flight + Damage)
    • Linked: Flight 5 (250 mph)
    • Linked: Damage 5 (Extra: Action 1 [move], Area [trail, general]; Drawback: Lethal)
Combat: Attack +6 (+8 Pyrokinesis; Grapple: +8); Defense +10 (+3 Flat-footed); Initiative +6

Saves: Toughness +4/+8 vs physical (+2/+6 Flat-footed), Fortitude +6, Reflex +5, Will +6

Drawbacks:
  • Involuntary Transformation (in a oxigen free environment [uncommon, irresistible]; -4pp)
Totals: Abilities 18 + Skills 16 (24 ranks) + Feats 22 + Powers 65 + Combat 22 + Saves 11 - Drawbacks 4 = 150

Suggested Complications
  • Reputation (living weapon of mass destruction): Themite entire body is a mass of burning white phosphorous.
  • Responsibility (army reservist): A E.O.D. grunt turned metahuman, Thermite is still on the military force reserve.

:arrow: Fire controllers are probably the most classic among elemental controllers, but it's pretty damn rare for anyone to show how inherently destructive they are, so I decided to go all out and instead of "base fire" I went for one of the most dangerous substances in the world: white phosporous.

:arrow: Thermite is permanently on fire (no puns please), but she can power, but this requires her an effort pretty much equal to a concentration power. The Controllable power feat was an idea of Mr.Kenson published on the old ATT forum.

:arrow: Opposite to the classic archetype of the genre (and to save some points) Thermite can't flight and blast at the same time, she must go for a Firestorm style flight where pretty much use her flathrower power as a mean of propulsion.

Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch Junkers: Roadhog, Junkrat; Energy Controllers: Nightfall

Post by Woodclaw »

Skaramine wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:14 am As for the Darkforce, I liked it as Marvel's counterpart to Green Lantern constructs. Plus, now with the theories of Dark Matter and Dark Energy, I think folks like Darkstar and Blackout are due for a return, and Cloak a little upgrade in power.
Thanks.

I admit I never considered this potential implication ... it's still iffy in some ways, but it works.

Skaramine

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch Junkers: Roadhog, Junkrat; Energy Controllers: Nightfall, Thermite

Post by Skaramine »

I will admit, the Darkforce made Heroes Unlimited 's Darkness Control disappointing.
Just call me Doug.
Woodclaw

#30 Ready to Play Energy Controllers: Stratocaster

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by M. Victoria Robado

"Through the dark age
And into the storm"

Stratocaster

Power Level: 8; Power Points: 120; Hero Points: 2

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +2 (14), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +3 (16)

Skills: Athletics 3 (+4), Deception 1 (+4), Expertise (Charisma, Musician) 5 (+8), Insight 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+6), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 4 (+6/+10 stage equipment), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Feats: Attack Specialization 2 (Electrical Control), Beginner's Luck, Benefit 1 (fame), Benefit 1 (Feel the Music [feint with Expertise-Musician]), Connected, Dodge Focus 1, Fascinate (Expertise - Musician), Improved Initiative 1, Leadership, Luck 1, Mechanical Genius (stage equipment), Move-by Action, Set-Up, Teamwork 2

Powers:

Electrical Control (Array 8; PF: Alternate Power 4, Indirect 2 [any electrical device within range]; Drawback: Focus 2 [bass guitar]; 21pp)
  • Base Power: Shocking Solo (Blast 8)
  • AP: Lighting Strike Twice (Damage 5; PF: Mighty, Stunning Attack; Extra: Secondary Effect)
  • AP: Mosh Pit (Stun 5; Extra: Area [burst, general])
  • AP: Thunderstorm (Damage 8; Extra: Area [cone, general])
Electric Shield (Linked: Force Field + Shield; Drawback: Focus 2 [bass guitar]; 8pp)
  • Linked: Shield 4 (PF: Dedicated Dodge)
  • Linked: Force Field 6 (Extra: Impervious [8 ranks]; Flaw: Limited [impervious only against electricity]; Drawback: Partial [hemisphere])
Fell the Lighting (Super-senses 5 [Detect Electricity (mental, Accurate, Acute, Extended 1)]; PF: Alternate Power 1, Truth Sense; 7pp)
  • AP: Living Radio (Communication 6 [radio, 20 miles])
Ride the Lighting (Flight 5; Flaw: Platform; Drawback: Focus 2 [bass guitar]; 3pp)

Equipment: Bass Guitar, Goggles, Multi-tool
The Bolt (pick-up truck) (Size: Huge; STR: 35; TOU +9; Speed 4 [100 MPH]; Features: Alarm 1, Navigation System, Off-Road Movement; 10pp)

2ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +4 (+8 Electrical Control; Grapple: +5); Defense +8/+4 without shield (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +7

Saves: Toughness +2/+8 with shield, Fortitude +4, Reflex +5, Will +6

Totals: Abilities 26 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 39 + Combat 14 + Saves 8 - Drawbacks 0 = 120

Suggested Complications
  • Fame: Stratocaster is a pretty well know bass player and occasional solo singer in the underground heavy metal scene.
  • Responsibility (the band): Playing in band and being a superhero are both time consuming.

:arrow: A comparatively low level electrical controller, all of Stratocaster's powers (except super-senses) are channeled through a bass guitar. How this works more or less up to the player, but I love the idea of her charging into battle swinging a supecharged bass like an axe.

:arrow: The force field use an old combo of mine, being a partial hemisphere that cover only half the character, but acts as a shield at the same time. I used the same contrction on my old builds of Zatanna and Doctor Fate.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Energy Controllers: Nightfall, Thermite, Thunderbolt

Post by Woodclaw »

BTw, I know that Thunderbolt's name is as generic as humaly possible, if anyone has a good suggestion I'd glad to change it.

greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Thrash Thunder or Metalstorm.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:28 pm Thrash Thunder or Metalstorm.
Metalstorm is going into the pool.

L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Woodclaw wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm BTw, I know that Thunderbolt's name is as generic as humaly possible, if anyone has a good suggestion I'd glad to change it.
Thunderstruck or Stratocaster.
Formerly luketheduke86
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

L-Space wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:24 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm BTw, I know that Thunderbolt's name is as generic as humaly possible, if anyone has a good suggestion I'd glad to change it.
Thunderstruck or Stratocaster.
Stratocaster might be very close to winning.

Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Stratocaster!
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Great Stormer fanart for that last one :).
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:50 am Great Stormer fanart for that last one :).
Actually that's supposed to be Aja.