Warehouse W - Valiant: X-O Manowar, Ken and Randy

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Mei, Winston; Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I find Widowmaker very bizarre-looking and a bad example of "Fanservice", too. She got some attention for her shiny butt, and the way she CLEARLY orgasms when she dies, but it doesn't do anything for me. A pretty boring character to build, too. And her "Everyone sees in Infrared" power is so bizarre, and looks weird in M&M. I don't blame you for dropping it entirely.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Mei, Winston; Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 am Yeah, I find Widowmaker very bizarre-looking and a bad example of "Fanservice", too. She got some attention for her shiny butt, and the way she CLEARLY orgasms when she dies, but it doesn't do anything for me. A pretty boring character to build, too. And her "Everyone sees in Infrared" power is so bizarre, and looks weird in M&M. I don't blame you for dropping it entirely.
I think that being bad example of fanservice was the entire point of the character. They just pushed until the went way past the point of comfort :P

The Infrared effect is kind of all over the place, if you look at the Overwatch movies, Widowmaker uses the visor every time she need to shot something, but in game she only use it for her ultimate, it's clearly a case of gameplay/story segregation.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Hi guys,

Sorry for disappearing so abruptly, but my job caught up to me and I had to rush a couple of projects last week.

That and squeezing Doomfist into a playable PP/PL ratio is proving to be a major pain in the rear.

Woodclaw

#14 Overwatch - Doomfist

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Nesskain

"Humanity has always been tested. Conflict and war is the crucible through which we evolve. Every battle makes us stronger. Those who fall will be forgotten. Those who rise up? Their names will be remembered forever."

Doomfist
Akande Ogundimu

Power Level: 8; Power Points: 122; Hero Points: 2

STR: +5/+8 (20/26 with the Doomfist), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +4 (18), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: +3 (16)

Skills: Athletics 3 (+8/+11), Awareness 5 (+6/+10 [Dedication]), Interaction 3 (+6/+10 [intimidate]), Knowledge 4 (+7), Language 2 (Swahili 2, Yoruba 2; native: West African English 3), Profession (Terrorist, INT) 5 (+8), Survival 1 (+5), Technology 1 (+4)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Attack Focus 2 (melee), Benefit 1 (Member of Talon's Council), Dedication 1 (Survival of the Fittest), Distract, Dodge Focus 3, Fearsome Presence, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Critical 3 (unarmed), Improved Grab, Luck 1, Power Attack, Stunning Attack, Task Focus 1 (Intimidate)

[Crushing Pin, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Withstand Damage]

Powers:
Cybernetic Reconstruction (Super-Strength 1 [heavy load 800 lbs/1800lbs]; PF: Alternate Power 1, Bracing; 4pp)
  • AP: Leaping 1 (jumping distance x2)
Hand Cannon (Blast 5; PF. Scattershot; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal Only, Reduced Range 2; 7pp)
The Doomfist (Device 4 [hard to lose]; Drawback: Temporary Disability [no fine manipulation]; 11pp)

Devices

The Doomfist (15 pp of Effects)
  • Enhanced Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited [right arm only])
  • Enhanced Feats 7 (adds Crushing Pin, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Withstand Damage, Countering Punch, Groundstrike and Shockwave)
  • Force Field 4 (Extra: Impervious; Flaw: Ablative)
  • Rocket Booster (+2 ranks of Leaping [jumping distance x10])
  • The Best Defense ... (Boost 4 [Force Field Only]; Extra: Action 3 [reaction]; Flaw: Personal, Restorative, Source [melee attacks])
Combat: Attack +6 (+8 melee; Grapple: +14/+17); Defense +8 (+3 Flat-footed); Initiative +2

Saves: Toughness +4/+8 with force field (Impervious 4), Fortitude +6, Reflex +3, Will +5 (+9 Dedication)

Totals: Abilities 36 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 26 + Combat 22 + Saves 7 - Drawbacks 0 = 122

Complications
  • Enemy (Overwatch): Akande consider the entire Overwatch as a threat to his plans, he harbour a special hatred for Winston, who put in in jail.
  • Humanity First: Akande thinks of himself as a necessary evil, but with humanity's best interest at heart, he hates Omnics and any other form of intelligence with passion.
  • Motivation (survival of the fittest): Akande truly believes that the only way for humanity to improve is forcing conflict upon conflict until only the best survive.
  • Wanted (most dangerous man in the world): Reaper might have been the "face" of Talon for the last years, but Akande is usually considered the most dangerous member of the entire organization.
:arrow: The story of Doomfist is that of a legacy gone sour. Three men used the monicker so far, each far worst than his predecessor. Adhabu Ngumi - the original Doomfist, also know as "the Saviour" - was a hero of the Omnic Crisis, who almost single-handedly protected Nigeria from the rampaging Omnics. The second Akinjide Adeyemi - better know as "The Scourge of Numbani" - was a war profiteer, a mercenary and a member of the original Talon, who became infamous for razing Numbani time and again. He inducted his protégé, Akande Ogundimu, to the group without realizing that the young man would be his doom.

:arrow: Born into wealth, intelligent and charismatic, Akande Ogundimu was the heir apparent to his family fortune and prosthetic techology company. Probably to challenge himself, he grew enamored with martial arts, learning several traditional African styles and competin in tournaments all over the continent. In the aftermath of the Omnic Crisis he suffered multiple injuries and had to undergo a full body reconstruction. The new prosthetics made him stronger and faster, but also disqualified him from regular MMA competiions. He tried to put the same dedication he had into the family business, but failed. It was around this time that Akinjide Adeyemi offered him a position among Talon's mercenaries. Akande meteoric rise dind't bother his "mentor" until the rest of Talon supported him in taking down Akinjide.

:arrow: With the help of Talon, Akande started to push his grand vision, in his mind humanity needed conflict to evolve at an accelerated rate. Unfortunately he run into Overwatch. A strike team including Winston, Tracer and Genji took him down in Numbani, but this didn't stop him. Showing a terrifying level of dedication Akande escaped from a maximum security cell by punching his way out over the course of several years and quickly moved to dispatch those who betrayed him in the first place.

:arrow: What makes Doomfist incredibly hard is that he's an individualist in a game about teamwork. Going by the lore and his intro animation, Doomfist is supposed to be a team-level threat, the Doctor Doom of the Overwatch universe, but in game he's ... a bit less impressive, but still dangerous. His entire fighting style rely on chaining combos with his gauntlet and GTFO thanks to his force field. All in all I think the above representation works pretty good, but I'm tempted to scale him up to PL9-10.

:arrow: Jab observed how his name would probably be a joke in any comic-book setting. I have to respectfully disagree on the count that this guy is pretty much a case of Shredder naming. No matter how many jokes you can make on the subject, the character is too utterly terrifying. In many ways Akande reminds me of Tony Stark, just like ol' shellhead he was born into wealth and his life was like a series of victories achieved with little effort that pushed him to try more and more dangerous things.

:idea: A little note, for the purpose of this build I consider his gauntlet to be a unarmed attack.

Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Mei, Winston; Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist

Post by Woodclaw »

>Sigh< when it rains...

Two days ago I found some really big patches of mould in my bedroom, so I need to move all my stuff out, sanitize the place and get a fresh coat of paint. I don't know how long it will take (hopefully no more than a week), but it's going to put a roadblock on everything else.

On the upside the mould didn't damage any of my books.

Ken

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Mei, Winston; Blackwatch: McCree, Genji, Moira; Talon: Widowmaker, Doomfist

Post by Ken »

Sorry to hear about your problem. Glad the mould missed your books. Have fun, guy.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 pm >Sigh< when it rains...

Two days ago I found some really big patches of mould in my bedroom, so I need to move all my stuff out, sanitize the place and get a fresh coat of paint. I don't know how long it will take (hopefully no more than a week), but it's going to put a roadblock on everything else.

On the upside the mould didn't damage any of my books.
I've had to deal with simlar problems in the past, a week is a fair assessment of how long it takes to deal with (given work requirements and such on your time). Great news that your books weren't damaged.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sorry to hear about your flooding troubles, Woodclaw- for the second time in six years, I've had a upstairs neighbor whose careless baths have caused my own bathroom to flood from the ceiling on down. And a recent plumbing mishap caused a couple of comics to get wet, but nothing too damaging.

And I still say that Doomfist is too silly to take seriously, no matter how much they turn him into M. Bison :).
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

A builder's work is never done, the recent hints released by Blizzard seem to imply that the next hero for Overwatch will indeed be Brigitte Lindhorm.

Also it turns out that Torby's left arm is a a cybernetic bit, which means that I have to redesign it ... :(

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I think they pretty much HAD TO make Brigitte a Hero, given how people fell in love with that character design. She's so awesome :).
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 pm I think they pretty much HAD TO make Brigitte a Hero, given how people fell in love with that character design. She's so awesome :).
And here I can ear the sound of thousand Jabs going >SQUEEEE!!!!< :P

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 pm I think they pretty much HAD TO make Brigitte a Hero, given how people fell in love with that character design. She's so awesome :).
Only if they establish her correct age, so I don't have to guess :). I mean, I'm not normally into younger types, but Brigitte's physique makes me beg for her to at least be eighteen!
Woodclaw

#15 Overwatch - Sombra

Post by Woodclaw »

After 10 days of cleaning, fixing are repainting I'm finally back and I can finish my Talon set.

Picture by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau

"Who is Sombra? To the system? She's nobody. She doesn't exist."

Sombra
Olivia Colomar (but you won't find it in any database, or will you?)

Power Level: 8 (7 on defense); Power Points: 117; Hero Points: 3

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +6 (13), CON: +2 (14), INT: +4 (18), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +2 (14)

Skills: Athletics 3 (+4), Awareness 3 (+6), Interaction 3 (+5), Knowledge 4 (+8), Language 1 (English 2; native: Mexican Spanish 3), Profession (Hacker, INT) 6 (+10), Technology 2 (+6/+10 with Computers), Thievery 3 (+6), Vehicles 1 (+4)

Feats: Attack Focus 2 (ranged), Attack Specialization 1 (Machine Pistol), Benefit 1 (Enigma), Benefit 1 (organization ties, Los Muertos), Connected, Conspiracy Theorist, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Dodge Focus 5, Eidetic Memory, Endurance 1, Equipment 4, Improved Concealment, Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Online Research, Set-Up, Sneak Attack 1, Task Focus 1 (Computers) (+4), Well-Informed

Powers:
Spinal Cybernetic Grafts (Array 8; PF: Alternate Power 4; 20pp)
  • Base Power: Datalink 5 (5 miles; PF: Benefit 1 [can Feint using this power rank x2], Machine Control)
  • AP: EMP (Nullify 8 [all technological powers]; Extra: Area [burst, general], Penetrating, Selective Attack; Flaw: Distracting, Range 1 [Touch], Tiring)
  • AP: Hacking (Nullify 8 [all technological powers]; Extra: Effortless, Distracting)
  • AP: Thermo-Optic Camo (Concelament 4 [all visual senses]; PF: Close Range; Flaw: Passive)
  • AP: Translocator (Teleport 5 [500']; Flaw: Anchor [Locator Beacon], Short Range Only)
Equipment: Armored Coat (Protection 3 [Subtle]), Locator Beacon, Personal Holoprojector

Machine Pistol (+4 ballistic damage; Crit 20; 40'; Full Power, Lethal)

4ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +6 (+8 ranged, +10 Machine Pistol; Grapple: +7); Defense +8 (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +7

Saves: Toughness +3/+6 with armor (+1/+4 Flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +6, Will +5

Totals: Abilities 28 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Feats 30 + Powers 20 + Combat 18 + Saves 8 - Drawbacks 0 = 117

Complications
  • Addiction (knowledge is power): Sombra has big aspirations, she knows that whoever controls information control the world and none is better than her except...
  • Obsession (the Conspiracy): Sombra has found proof of world-spanning conspiracy that was behind the fall of Overwatch and the rise of Talon. she doesn't know their game, yet, but she want in.
    Secret (personal agenda): In addition to her already mercurial personality, Sombra has a personal agenda that doesn't align perfectly with her current patrons: Talon. This doesn't seem to bother Doomfist, for now, but sure as hell ticks Reaper off.
  • Wanted (but only just): Sombra is on the most wanted list of many international organizations, but very few know or realize that she's just one woman, not a gang like most people believe.
:arrow: Just one of many orphans left by the disastrous aftermath of the Omnic Crisis in Mexico, Olivia Colomar (if that is her real name) was left to her own devices by a collapsed infrastructure and an absent goverment. A true computer whiz she soon started using her gift to gain access to precious resources and information. She soon fell in with a local gang/militia, Los Muertos, and became their information broker in a guerrilla against the new Mexican goverment. Los Muertos were convinced that the reconstruction had benefited only the richest and most influential people, leaving most in dire need of help, a cause Olivia sympathized with.

:arrow: Soon information hunting became an addiction and she was so cocksure that she kept pushing the limits of her skills and targets. In the end it all backfire and she stumbled upon elements of a global conspiracy and it cost her dearly. She barely survived and she underwent (in her own words) an upgrade, which made her into a walking computer. The girl was no more and she made sure of it deleting all her data from the global network. Sometimes after that she got in touch with Talon and became one of their top agents -- although she consider helself a freelancer -- but kept pursuing her own agenda. The most recent example of these double loyalties was the assassination attempt against Katya Volskaya (the C.E.O. of Volskaya Industries, Russia foremost weapon manufacturer), Sombra made sure that the attempt failed just so that she could blackmail "the most powerful woman in Russia".

:arrow: In game terms Sombra is a very linear build, she operates as a high-end debuffer/controller with some really nifty extra. The only weird rule is her High-Tech Feint, in short is just the Moving Feint PF applied to Datalink, Sombra can take control of nearby technological devices to provide a distraction.

:arrow: Sombra has been a build I feared but actually turned out extremely easy, making me very wary of her. She's a bit of a one trick character, but in Overwatch's world it's the most effective one. In a world were technology is so widespread and pervasive she's more or less a goddess.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Woodclaw wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm
Only if they establish her correct age, so I don't have to guess :). I mean, I'm not normally into younger types, but Brigitte's physique makes me beg for her to at least be eighteen!
Rest easy, she's officially 28.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

YES ALL MY ART IS NOW LEGA- I mean, I appreciate this info. Thank you.