Heritage367 and his Hall of Heroes!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Heritage367

Re: Heritage367 and his Hall of Heroes!

Post by Heritage367 »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 am Cute pics! Kristen Bell is just adorable as hell, and one of the funniest Disney Princesses to boot!

I'm digging the idea of Mr. Freeze's daughter growing up to be someone immediately thought of as a super-villain- gives her something to fight against.
Yeah, I really love this concept! The basic idea was bizarrely 'Tony Stark meets Anna of Arendelle', which sounds ludicrous, but actually worked out really well. The game was run I believe by Horsenhero, the idea being that all the PCs were the heroic children of DC bad guys. It was a great game, but the move from ATT to RA killed its momentum, which I think happened to a lot of games.

I redid her on another site as an astronaut who survived being hurtled into space from the ISS by mutating, but once she lost the 'angry heroic daughter of Mr. Freeze' angle, she lost a lot of characterization. I'd love to use her again sometime, perhaps as the daughter of another cold-based villain.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Heritage367 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 am Image

Name: Grisselda of Avalon
I might steal this now that my own used book store owner/private investigator and his catgirl sidekick have left Freedom City for other things ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Heritage367

Post by Heritage367 »

Name: Darlene Lampwick
Base of Operations: Eldritch City
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 112 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blonde
Power Level: 8
Hero Points: 1

ABILITIES
Strength 0
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 0
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Deception 6 (+10/+12)*
Expertise: Cooking 3 (+5)
Expertise: Dance 1 (+3/+5 when Performing)
Expertise: Law 8 (+10)
Expertise: Mystical Phenomena 3 (+5)
Expertise: Psychology 3 (+5)
Insight 3 (+5)
Investigation 8 (+10)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 6 (+10/+12)*
Ranged Combat: Guns 2 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Vehicles: Driving 3 (+5)

OFFENSE
Initiative +3
Light Pistol +5 (Ranged Damage 3, DC 18 Toughness)

DEFENSE
Dodge 8
Parry 8
Fortitude 6
Toughness 8/2
Will 10

ADVANTAGES
Attractive
Contacts
Connected
Defensive Roll 6
Equipment 4
Languages 1 (Spanish)
Luck 1
Skill Mastery 2 (Deception, Persuasion)
Taunt
Well-Informed

EQUIPMENT
Car (Mazda Miata) - 10 pts
Light pistol (S&W .38 Special Ladysmith) - 6 pts
Smartphone (Camera, GPS, Internet) - 4 pts

POWERS
Telepathy (23 pt Array) (Psychic)
• Insidious Subtle Mind Reading 8
• AP: Insidious Subtle Visual Perception Area Affliction 8 (Will Save) Entranced, Compelled, Controlled [Charm]
• AP: Insidious Subtle Visual Perception Area Affliction 8 (Will Save) Impaired, Stunned, Paralyzed [Fear]
• AP: Insidious Subtle Visual Perception Area Affliction 8 (Will Save) Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep [Sleep]
• AP: Subtle (x2) Dimensional Mental Communication 3 (Long Range)
• AP: Precise Concealment 10 (All Senses but Tactile, Limited to Lifeforms/Mental effect)

APPEARANCE
Despite her petite size, everything else about Darlene is big; her smile, her laugh, and her flashy/trashy taste in clothes. She favors leather and pleather jackets, revealing tops, tight pants and high heels, either pumps or ankle boots. She also never goes anywhere without an oversized purse and a pair of sunglasses, typically perched on top of her head. As comfortable as she is in these outrageous outfits, at least part of her appearance is an act; she knows people tend to underestimate a 'blonde bimbo'.

PERSONALITY
Very extraverted ever since she was small, Darlene has become a bit more reflective since recovering from her coma; sure, she can still turn on the charm and Southern sass when she wants to, and she's still a lot of fun at a bar or party, but now there's a somber undertone beneath her oversized persona. Dar has seen the darkness people are capable of, and her compassion for others burns as bright as her quest for justice.

When she's not fighting crime or the forces of darkness, Darlene enjoys cooking huge Southern-style meals for her friends and Latin dancing. She also loves to drive fast cars, and is fairly impressive behind the wheel.

BACKGROUND
A pint-sized Southern dynamo in three-inch heels, Darlene Lampwick was a party girl waitress until her big sister Louise, sick and tired of her devil-may-care lifestyle, encouraged her to try to make something of herself. So Dar enrolled in the paralegal program at Athens Technical College; after graduation, no one was more shocked than Darlene when she found out she was actually good at her new career. Things seemed to be looking up for the feisty young woman when she joined her sister in Eldritch City, where Lou helped her find a position at Raymond, Slade & Walcott, the prestigious law firm where she works.

But then three years ago, she was sexually harassed by Charles Raymond, a senior partner at the firm. When she complained, her concerns were dismissed; enraged, she did a little digging into his background, and came upon some very dirty secrets, things involving strange and dark forces that someone was willing to go to great lengths to keep hidden...

The driver was just supposed to scare her, not run her MINI off the road and into a river; she was trapped inside the flipped-over car as it slowly flooded with water, unable to get the doors open. Darlene ended up in an unresponsive coma for three years, during which she believes she was in touch with 'outer entities', faceless beings whom she claims taught her new ways of seeing the world. When she awoke, she found she had unusual mental abilities and a passion for justice, whatever the cost. She's also being reading a lot more (Dar might be one of the few people to wake up smarter from a traumatic head injury), especially about others like herself who have unusual 'gifts'.

Darlene has returned to her old job at RS&W, claiming to have no memory of the incidents that led up to her ‘accident'; for now, she continues to discretely dig into both Raymond and the firm he helped found, shining a light into the dark recesses.

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation: Justice. Darlene is sick and tired of seeing powerful people get away with murder, sometimes literally. She’s no killer, but her thirst for justice can take her down some fairly dark paths.

"I’m with the band.”: Even though her life has changed in so many ways, Darlene’s fashion sense has not; she still dresses like a groupie hanging around backstage at a Van Halen cover band concert, which is not always appropriate.

"I love you, too, Lou.": Darlene loves Louise but now worries that the dark forces might try to target her through her big sister. She might be right.

"I got a bit of a temper.": Sometimes Darlene has a hard time holding her tongue when she's upset.

“It's still a bit fuzzy.”: Darlene claims to have lost some memories due to her 'accident' to maintain her cover at the firm, but nothing could be farther from the truth; she remembers everything.

"You ain't stickin' me in no damn box!": Her harrowing experience has left Darlene with fairly acute claustrophobia; among other things, she will now only drive a convertible.

"They made him a what now?": During the time she was comatose, the man who put her there, Charles Raymond, has become a senator. And he is very unhappy to find out she's awake...

POWER POINTS
Abilities 32 + Powers 23 + Advantages 19 + Skills 21 + Defenses 25 = 120 Total
Last edited by Heritage367 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heritage367

Post by Heritage367 »

Submission for Spectrum's 'Dresden meets Batman' Eldritch City campaign. Noncombat skills are 3/power point per his house rules. This is like the fourth or fifth time I've recreated this character, and I think this is the best version I've made of her!

Edit: modified to represent current version
Last edited by Heritage367 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heritage367

Post by Heritage367 »

Davies wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 amI might steal this now that my own used book store owner/private investigator and his catgirl sidekick have left Freedom City for other things ...
Yeah, I love that pic; not sure who Photoshopped it, but the original image comes from her famous SNL rap from back in 2006, in which she was particularly feisty.