Gamebook's builds (hs5ias new thread): Dinobots

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Gamebook

Re: Gamebook's builds (hs5ias new thread): Transformers

Post by Gamebook » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 pm
How do you handle Transformers, such as Megatron or Shockwave, whose alt-mode is a weapon that must be used by someone else?

The Shrinking to Scale and Morph seem straightforward, but how do you handle the damage/attack caps?
I don't, the Decepticon wielding Megatron just suddenly gets an enormous boost in attack PL :D . That's why Starscream was able to shoot out all those Autobots when they boarded the shuttle in the Transformers movie. In one story in the Marvel comic a human petty criminal finds a damaged Megatron who has lost his higher mental functions and uses him as a peerless supergun which turns him into an unstoppable bank robber and crime lord, a gigantic boost in PL if ever there was one. This may break the PL convention under the rules of M&M but remember that to do so you have to have possession of Megatron himself and you can't buy him in a shop or find him as loot in a treasure chest. Even if I was playing one of my Decepticons in a game I don't think I'd want to have my PL15 supreme commander around all the time :? , even in the unlikely event of any GM allowing it.

I'm not sure how he is portrayed elsewhere but in the Marvel comic Shockwave doesn't shrink when he transforms, he becomes a 35-foot long raygun that can fly.

catsi563

Post by catsi563 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:03 pm

that's how Shockwave's portrayed there as well, he is capable of shrinking to hand size but rarely does so.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Gamebook

Post by Gamebook » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Bitstream - PL 9

Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 8

Skills
Athletics 4 (+12), Perception 8 (+8)

Powers
Aerial Radar: Senses 6 (Accurate: Radio, Extended: Radio 3: x1k, Radio)
Growth: Growth 6 (+6 STR, +6 STA, +3 Intimidate, -6 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size rank, +6 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Homing Missiles: Damage 10 (DC 25; Extended Range 7, Homing 3: 3 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (5 uses))
Hyper-reactive Automatic Cannons: Damage 10 (DC 25; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Reaction 3: reaction)
Immunity: Immunity 8 (Aging, Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All))
Navigation: Senses 3 (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense)
Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [6 extra ranks])
Senses: Senses 2 (Extended: Sight 1: x10, Low-light Vision)
Transform
. . F-15 Eagle: Morph 1 (Linked; +20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form)
. . Flight: Flight 9 (Linked; Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round; Wings)
. . Skilled Flier: Enhanced Trait 10 (Linked; Traits: Dodge +2 (+5), Acrobatics +8 (+8), Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Move-by Action)

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Homing Missiles: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Hyper-reactive Automatic Cannons: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5/3, Parry 3, Fortitude 11, Toughness 11/10, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 148 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 194

Bitstream has a mental bypass system installed in him which links his autonomic mental systems directly to his firing reflexes. He will target and fire his cannons at anything moving in his field of vision. This lets him engage almost any number of targets, sweeping automatic fire across the battlefield with uncanny accuracy. The downside to this ability is that it is not discriminate, he shoots at anything, including inanimate moving objects and fellow Decepticons. Canny Autobots have gotten him to shoot his own side merely by sending something flashing by him (such as a thrown rock) that he automatically turns to target, bringing his allies into his field of vision and then automatically gunning them down too. Other Decepticons have to dive for cover while yelling at him to turn the damn system off before he kills them all. With a huge number of friendly fire incidents on his record he is not popular to be around in battle and tends to be left exposed as other Decepticons don't want to be within shooting range of what they regard as a mindless gun turret.

Hotlink - PL 9

Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages

Skills

Powers
Automatic Cannons: Damage 10 (DC 25; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Comm Network: Radio Area Communication Perception (Visual) Perception (One Sense) 3 (Area, Perception (One Sense): Hearing, Perception (Visual): Visual, Subtle: encrypted)
Growth: Growth 6 (+6 STR, +6 STA, +3 Intimidate, -6 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size rank, +6 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Homing Missiles: Damage 10 (DC 25; Extended Range 7, Homing 3: 3 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (5 uses))
Transform
. . Skilled Flier: Enhanced Trait 10 (Linked; Traits: Dodge +2 (+5), Acrobatics +8 (+8), Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Move-by Action)

Offense
Initiative +0
Automatic Cannons: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 143 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 189

Hotlink has a communications array built into him and acts as an air control system for his fellow Decepticon jets, relaying messages between them and the Decepticon commanders. When not engaged in military communications traffic he still constantly chatters on the comms network, usually about completely inane stuff. He relays the opinions of other Decepticons, plays snatches of music, videos of particularly amusing battlefield incidents or duels in the fighting arenas, pictures of Transformers doing funny things and any other media junk he can come up with. He is desperate for other Decepticons to view and make comments on all this annoying trivia, seeming to see it as an acknowledgement of his existence among the otherwise anonymous masses of the ranks of the Decepticon armies. The most frequent comment he receives though is to shut the hell up and get off the air. Having his endless garbage play at you while on patrol or just trying to relax often infuriates his fellow Decepticons. It's not as if they can block him either, at any moment he may relay an order from a Decepticon commander and heaven help you if you miss it. Despite the fact everyone hates him Hotlink persists in measuring his popularity by the amount of reactions he gets to his media rather than having any actual esteem from his fellow Decepticons.

Nacelle - PL 9

Advantages

Skills

Powers
Automatic Cannons: Damage 10 (DC 25; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Nacelle Construction: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Electricity)
Transform

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 128 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 174

Systems scrambling weapons are very common among the Transformers, with many warriors from both sides employing them. Nacelle has been built with an experimental technology to make him immune to this. Instead of his external shell forming his structural support with his internal systems directly attached to it (Transformers don't have a skeletal system like humans) he instead has a suspended internal shell to house his systems which is connected to his armored exterior by non-conductive struts. Any scrambling attacks just arc harmlessly over his inert external shell which is just solid armor plate without any systems to affect.

While a very useful feature to have this elaborate arrangement considerably increases the cost of his construction and reduces his internal space, precluding the fitting of any other special powers. A danger unique to him is that his internal shell could be knocked loose by damage to the connecting struts, causing him to rattle around inside himself. When this happens he cannot control his external shell as his hydraulic motivators cannot push against it and he is effectively paralyzed in part or all of his body. The serious downsides to his advantage have so far kept him as an experimental one-off. He does revel in being able to take hits from the much feared scrambler weapons with completely immunity though, which he has used to achieve surprise in battle on a number of occasions.

Sunstorm - PL 11

Strength 10, Stamina 7, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages

Skills
Athletics 4 (+14), Perception 8 (+8)

Powers
Solar Cannons: Damage 10+4 ([Stacking ranks: +4], DC 29; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Solar Fusion Nuclear Reactor
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 3 (Linked; +3 STR)
. . Enhanced Firepower: Damage 4 (Linked; DC 19; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Stacks with: Solar Cannons: Damage 10+4)
. . Protection: Protection 4 (Linked; +4 Toughness; Impervious)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 3 (Linked; Every 3.33 rounds)
. . Uncontrolled Radiation Emission: Burst Area Damage 8 (Linked; DC 23; Alternate Resistance: Fortitude, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Reaction 3: reaction; Permanent)
. . Unlimited Energy: Immunity 5 (Linked; Fatigue Effects)
Transform

Offense
Initiative +0
Enhanced Firepower: Damage 4, +8 (DC 19)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
Solar Cannons: Damage 10+4, +8 (DC 29)
Throw, +8 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 25)
Uncontrolled Radiation Emission: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC Fort 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5/3, Parry 3, Fortitude 10, Toughness 14/13, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 16 + Powers 218 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 260

Fuel supply is a perennial problem for Transformers. Even if strategic stockpiles are good Transformers, especially in battle, and even more so if they are flying as many Decepticons do, burn through their internal fuel tanks at quite a rate. The most common cause for the Autobots and Decepticons to break off a battle is not that they are losing but rather that one or both sides are running low on fuel and they have to withdraw before they start keeling over. Sunstorm was built with another attempt at a solution to this problem (an earlier one was Megatron's ability to tap into raw antimatter which in practice turned out to be far too dangerous to use), a miniaturized internal solar fusion reactor. Normally fusion reactors are vast affairs which form the principal power generation system for entire Transformer cities. The technology requires a certain minimum power output level to work at all which is actually far in excess of the energy requirements of all but the largest Transformers i.e. Citybots such as Metroplex. Fitting one into a conventional mid-sized Transformer means that Sunstorm generates vastly more energy than he can use. It does allow him to run his systems at full burn maximum all the time making him much stronger than a normal Transformer and giving him immense firepower. Unsurprisingly though there are massive drawbacks to this frankly crazy system. When his reactor is running he has to constantly vent out immense amounts of heat or he would quickly melt. This is highly dangerous to anything near him. Also constantly running his systems at maximum causes him to burn them out in super quick time so that he virtually has to be completely rebuilt after every operation. What he saves in fuel expenditure he more than makes up for in his consumption of spare parts.

Sunstorm does have a reduced size conventional fuel system to go along with his reactor so he can actually enter a Decepticon base and move among his fellow Decepticons without melting them and it down. Its feed capacity and storage is limited however due to the space taken up by the reactor systems so when the reactor is turned off he is actually weaker than a regular Decepticon jet. Sunstorm is a very powerful warrior in some ways but his huge cost to build and operate and hazardous nature mean that like many Decepticon prototypes which they hoped would let them win the war he is a failure and has been confined to a one-off experimental design. Sunstorm doesn't let his severe drawbacks impede his ego however, he believes he is the greatest Decepticon jet there is and revels in showing off his superior power in battle. His megalomaniacal delusions extend to him believing that he is divinely empowered, a god among lesser Transformers. On the rare occasions other Decepticons have to get near him they tend to ignore or humor him, it doesn't do to offend someone who can be as powerful as Sunstorm.
Last edited by Gamebook on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Gamebook wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:49 pm
I don't, the Decepticon wielding Megatron just suddenly gets an enormous boost in attack PL :D . That's why Starscream was able to shoot out all those Autobots when they boarded the shuttle in the Transformers movie. In one story in the Marvel comic a human petty criminal finds a damaged Megatron who has lost his higher mental functions and uses him as a peerless supergun which turns him into an unstoppable bank robber and crime lord, a gigantic boost in PL if ever there was one. This may break the PL convention under the rules of M&M but remember that to do so you have to have possession of Megatron himself and you can't buy him in a shop or find him as loot in a treasure chest. Even if I was playing one of my Decepticons in a game I don't think I'd want to have my PL15 supreme commander around all the time :? , even in the unlikely event of any GM allowing it.

I'm not sure how he is portrayed elsewhere but in the Marvel comic Shockwave doesn't shrink when he transforms, he becomes a 35-foot long raygun that can fly.
I was putting together notes at some point that I`ve accumulated over time on building Transformers, and one of the things I found while compiling them were various versions of attempts at TF RPGs. In one such, they actually suggested that the character wielding Megs or Shocks (or similar characters) rolled an attack roll and the weapon character also rolled. Not sure I feel about that unless the weapon character had a flaw on his blast power that required a third party to wield it.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Gamebook

Post by Gamebook » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Bladewind wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm
I was putting together notes at some point that I`ve accumulated over time on building Transformers, and one of the things I found while compiling them were various versions of attempts at TF RPGs. In one such, they actually suggested that the character wielding Megs or Shocks (or similar characters) rolled an attack roll and the weapon character also rolled. Not sure I feel about that unless the weapon character had a flaw on his blast power that required a third party to wield it.
In the Transformers Marvel comic story I mentioned earlier Megatron when in pistol mode aimed himself, twisting in the users hand to fire at targets. I'd just have Megatron use his attack roll with his damage power even when being wielded by another Transformer.

Commentators on the Transformers do note that Transformers having a human-sized pistol for an alt mode makes no sense whatsoever, either as a character or a toy. It seems to serve no practical purpose and creates scale problems. As far as I can see the reasoning behind the original design of the toy back before Transformers were a thing was that a somewhat realistic sized pistol is about the same mass as a robot toy for a child. I have no idea whether the first Megatron toy was meant to represent a giant robot when transformed or not.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:14 am

The biggest problem with the scale issue is that we've made it an issue. (And by "we" I mean fans in general.)

When the toys and cartoon were produced it simply didn't matter. Soundwave - a highly sophisticated communications device, transforming into a tape deck is ludicrous. Even on Cybertron, the idea of ejecting casette style minicons that transform is nonsensical within the mythos itself.

But the Transformers were not about making sense. They were about the rule of cool and selling toys. Mostly about selling toys.

So logic and scale were totally ignored in favor of what could be replicated as a toy. Ever since, fans and fanboys have tried to make sense of it.

To me, Optimus Prime and Megatron squaring off at equal size and then Megatron transforming into a gun that Optimus could wield is just plain awesome visually. And it`s something we can mostly accept in superhero mythos, so why can't some super advanced mechanoid lifeforms have size controlling powers too?

For me, the only place its important to quantify those abilities is in a game, and that only to provide balance to the other characters. I say, establish your size abilities at character creation - or when assigning new power points. Essentially, Soundwave and Megatron`s players remembered to spend points on size alteration. Shockwave`s didn't.

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:05 am

I’ve never really dove too deep into the “real” TF fandom, since they’re usually a bunch of obsessive whackos... In exactly the sort of way I’m an obsessive whacko for totally different topics. I’m not denigrating them, I just don’t have the mental capacity to add yet another category to my brain.

My understanding is that the original Megatron, original Soundwave, and pretty much every Transformer that turned into a “real sized” object (or at least a child-sized version of a real sized object) comes from the Microman toyline. The gimmick there was that the robot toys were supposed to be “actual size,” so Soundwave turned from a 4” tall Walkman into a 6” tall robot.

The other Transformers, like Optimus Prime, Starscream, and Wheeljack and most of the other Transformers with vehicle modes were from the Diaclone line. They weren’t meant to represent 1:1 scale objects, Truck-Mode Optimus was supposed to be a “real” truck that turned into a giant robot.

(Oddly enough, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and others like them were originally part of the Microman line. They’re supposed to be toy cars that turn into tiny robots. Not actual cars that turn into giant robots.)

Then they got imported to America, Marvel Comics came up with a way to mush them all into one continuity, and lazy low budget animation frequently caused them to have all kinds of “off-model” scaling glitches.

No one noticed (or cared) when we were seven years old, but now that we’re thirty-seven years old, we wrack our brains trying to figure it out.

I just assume they can Shrink and Grow, without worrying about the physics of it. Call it Pym Particles.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:25 am

Batgirl III wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:05 am
No one noticed (or cared) when we were seven years old, but now that we’re thirty-seven years old, we wrack our brains trying to figure it out.
Yep.
The biggest problem with the scale issue is that we've made it an issue.

Gamebook

Post by Gamebook » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Black Ice - PL 10

Advantages

Skills
Athletics 4 (+12), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 8 (+8)

Powers
Endothermic Reactor
. . Drain Heat: Burst Area Damage 4 (Linked; cold, DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 14, Reaction 3: reaction; Permanent)
. . Endothermic: Environment 2 (Linked; Cold (Extreme), Radius: 60 feet; Permanent)
. . Energy Leech: Immunity 1 (Linked; Starvation & Thirst)
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Linked; Space Travel 1: within solar system)
. . Supercooled: Immunity 10 (Linked; Common Descriptor: Cold)
Heat-Seeking Missiles: Damage 10 (heat, DC 25; Extended Range 7, Homing 3: 3 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (5 uses))
Immunity: Immunity 18 (Aging, Common Descriptor: Heat, Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All))
Transform
. . Freezing Jet Exhaust
. . . . Chill: Cone Area Damage 4 (Linked; DC 19; Alternate Resistance: Fortitude, Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 14, Reaction 3: reaction; Limited: to immediately behind when flying)
. . . . Freeze Ground: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Reaction 3: reaction; Instant Recovery, Limited: to immediately behind when flying, Limited Degree)

Offense
Initiative +0
Chill: Cone Area Damage 4 (DC Fort 19)
Drain Heat: Burst Area Damage 4 (DC 19)
Freeze Ground: Cone Area Affliction 10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Heat-Seeking Missiles: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 175 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 224

Transformers do not produce much waste heat when in robot mode as they convert their fuel directly into usable energy rather than having to rely on internal combustion to produce mechanical power and then electrical power like most human machines. They are little bothered by extremes of temperature. In the far deep reaches of space far from the warming light of a star though they do have to divert energy to internal heating to avoid their internal systems freezing, particularly their oil and lubricants. This increases their already high level of energy consumption and makes operating in deep space expensive in fuel. In addition being a hot metal body in a supercooled environment is dangerous, simple contact between a Transformers external shell and liquid methane for example can have an effect akin to water meeting a red hot surface.

The Endothermic Seekers have been specially configured to operate in deep space by being fitted with an endothermic reactor which absorbs every scrap of energy from the surrounding environment. This stretches out their fuel supply and allows them to operate at super low temperatures without freezing solid. Their actual internal temperature is Transformer normal but they feel freezing because no heat can escape from them, indeed it is avidly sucked in. The technology was devised by Shockwave for one of his megalomaniac plans to build a Decepticon base on the Saturnian moon of Titan, far out of reach of the Autobots. This project was abandoned halfway to completion when the Autobots got their spaceship the Ark operational again and Titan ceased to be a difficult place for them to get to.

The Endothermic Seekers can operate on Earth but have to run their endothermic reactors carefully to avoid them overloading and burning out. While they need almost no fuel to run on the technology has not been more widely used because of the very high cost associated with building and maintaining the reactors, and because fuel itself is actually cheap and plentiful on Earth now that both the Autobots and Decepticons have built Energon Converters to rapidly turn human fuels into an energy medium perfectly suited to Transformers. Running their reactors also causes a chronic chilling effect around them which is inconvenient on Earth as it can damage nearby materials and coats everything in ice. The Endothermic Seekers have thus been relegated mostly to operations around Earth's polar regions.

Black Ice propels himself in jet mode with endothermic gas diverted directly from his reactor. This near absolute zero gas is incredibly volatile at almost any temperature and its expansion as it warms drives him forward. It is dangerous to be touched by it and it leaves a trail of frozen air and moisture. He is expert at trailing this effect along the ground in low passes, damaging foes and also making the ground underfoot like an ice rink. Autobots slip and fall with a heavy crash or skid wildly out of control in their car modes. Black Ice finds these pratfalls endlessly amusing, doubly so when other Decepticons take advantage to gun the Autobots down as they flail helplessly.

Hailstorm - PL 10

Advantages

Skills

Powers
Emotionless: Immunity 5 (Interaction Skills; Limited - Half Effect)
Endothermic Reactor
. . Drain Heat: Burst Area Damage 4 (Linked; cold, DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 14, Reaction 3: reaction; Permanent)
. . Endothermic: Environment 2 (Linked; Cold (Extreme), Radius: 60 feet; Permanent)
Hail Cannons: Damage 10 (DC 25; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Hailstorm Missiles: Cylinder Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Alternate Resistance: Fortitude, Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, DC 20, Extended Range 7, Increased Range: ranged; Source: Dense atmospheric gases, Unreliable (5 uses))
Immunity: Immunity 18 (Aging, Common Descriptor: Heat, Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All))
Transform

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Hail Cannons: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Hailstorm Missiles: Cylinder Area Damage 10 (DC Fort 25)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 185 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 234

Hailstorm carries weapons which are loaded from his internal reactor. His hailstorm missiles literally freeze the atmosphere, causing it to rain down as great lumps of ice and liquidized gases. His hail cannons fire razor sharp shards of super-hard ice in jets of liquid nitrogen and oxygen. The cold that always surrounds the Endothermic Seekers seems to have gotten to his Transformer brain as he is almost completely emotionless. This may be because his thoughts process themselves too fast due to supercooling of his microchips making them hyper-efficient. Rather than making him quick-witted however this means that he doesn't have time to process his thoughts properly, they come and go before he can appreciate them and form an emotional reaction. Being emotionless has robbed him of most of his volition as the purpose of emotions is to tell an intelligent being what course of action to follow and motivate them to persist with it. He feels little fear and cannot be charmed or intimidated but unless he has someone to always tell him what to do he either does nothing or is endlessly distracted by whatever sensation he last experienced. In combat if left to himself he has a tendency to constantly switch targets, making him unable to line up a shot on any of them.

Icebreaker - PL 10

Advantages

Skills

Powers
Emotionless: Immunity 5 (Interaction Skills; Limited - Half Effect)
Endothermic Reactor
Ice Shattering Missiles
. . Ice explosion: Burst Area Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Extended Range 7, Increased Range: ranged; Source: Ice, Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Shatter the ice: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Extended Range 7, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree, Source: Ice, Unreliable (5 uses))
Icepick Cannons: Damage 10 (DC 25; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious [6 extra ranks])
Transform
. . Nosecone Ram: Strength-based Damage 4 (Linked; DC 27)
. . . . Icebreaker: Burrowing 8 (Alternate; Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Limited: to ice)

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Ice explosion: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Icepick Cannons: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Nosecone Ram: Strength-based Damage 4, +6 (DC 27)
Shatter the ice: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5/3, Parry 3, Fortitude 11, Toughness 13/12, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 196 + Advantages 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 245

Icebreaker is specially configured to be able to actually fly through solid ice. He can ram himself into a wall of ice in his jet mode and bore into and through it with his specially reinforced and chemically coated nosecone. He doesn't go very fast when he does this but he can do it rather than just smashing himself to pieces like any other Decepticon jet would. His design is based on that of Ramjet and he has that Transformers very robust construction, a necessity when propelling yourself into a hard solid using jet turbines. Like Ramjet he will also cheerfully ram other Autobots in his jet mode, knocking them off their feet or out of the sky. He also carries ice shattering missiles. They don't do anything to mechanical or organic targets but when they hit ice they set off a chemical and vibrational effect that causes a large area of ice to violently explode into great sharp chunks and slivers. This can severely injure anyone nearby and also destroys the ice. If anyone is standing on the ice they will suddenly be dropped into a pit or crevasse as it crumbles underneath them. His icepick cannons fire sharp spikes that can shatter ice but are also just as good for impaling Autobots.

Icebreaker is a particular enthusiast of the Decepticons as an air force. Given his abilities he almost never needs to transform and so spends nearly all his time in his alt mode. Even when not in combat he prefers to endlessly cruise the cold and leaden skies rather than land. When he is forced to land for essential maintenance he often does not even transform then, parking up in alt mode while being serviced and taking off by taxiing rather than just leaping into the air and transforming like most other Decepticon jets do.
Last edited by Gamebook on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:49 am

Really liking this set of Transformers. I'm also amused that my version of Witchcraft resembles yours quite a bit - other than the fact that mine doesn't neutralize the target's powers when she copies. That's a nice catch for the PCRD.

Gamebook

Post by Gamebook » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:32 am

Bladewind wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:49 am
Really liking this set of Transformers. I'm also amused that my version of Witchcraft resembles yours quite a bit - other than the fact that mine doesn't neutralize the target's powers when she copies. That's a nice catch for the PCRD.
Yeah, my build was based on the Transformers cartoon episode 'Heavy Metal War' where it exhibited all those advantages and drawbacks. I've made this a theme with the Decepticons, they're always trying out crazy new designs without much regard to practicality or safety.

Gamebook

Post by Gamebook » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Bombsight - PL 10

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 8, Tracking

Skills
Athletics 4 (+12), Perception 10 (+10)

Powers
Freefall Bombs: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Increased Range 2: perception; Custom: Vertical drop only, Unreliable (5 uses))
Senses: Senses 3 (Extended: Sight 2: x100, Low-light Vision)
Transform

Offense
Initiative +0
Freefall Bombs: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 129 + Advantages 9 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 177

Bombsight is a deep intrusion hunter-killer Decepticon jet. He makes long trips into Autobot rear areas to stalk and kill marked Autobots or drop bombs on vital installations. His visual acuity is unusually high, even for a Seeker, allowing him to track Autobots by such things as the distinctive pattern of their tire marks or the characteristic iridescence of oil dripped from a Transformer. He tends to fly very high and fast, at 60,000 ft or more, but can still drop a bomb to within an aiming point of a few yards at that distance thanks to advanced bomb sighting optics and control vanes on his bombs. His bombs aren't laser-guided, he despises such methods as cheating and suitable only for inept warriors who can't aim their own weapons. In any case Autobots can detect laser-guidance beams and they take evasive and retaliatory action if they perceive one. He instead pre-programs his bombs to hit the point where he anticipates an Autobot as being when they reach the ground, expertly leading the target. He loves seeing sudden explosions on the ground taking enemies by surprise and their panic as they scurry about trying to assess the nature of the threat and where it has come from. His optics are good enough to let him see the shocked expressions on the faces of Autobots even when at high altitude.

Psyclone - PL 9

Advantages

Skills
Athletics 4 (+12), Deception 4 (+4), Perception 8 (+8)

Powers
Clones: Summon 6 (Controlled, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2: 4 minions, Sacrifice; Source: Transformer parts)
Transform

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 162 + Advantages 8 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 210

Clone - PL 6

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 6

Powers
Automatic Cannons: Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Immunity: Immunity 7 (Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All))
Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks])
Transform
. . Flier: Enhanced Trait 5 (Linked; Traits: Acrobatics +4 (+4), Dodge +1 (+2), Advantages: Agile Feint, Move-by Action)
. . Flight: Flight 8 (Linked; Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)

Offense
Initiative +0
Automatic Cannons: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 21)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 2/1, Parry 1, Fortitude 6, Toughness 8, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 8 + Powers 72 + Advantages 6 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 90

Psyclone has the power to remotely take control of Transformer parts that are lying around (such as Transformers disabled in battle) and control them into assembling into new Transformers under his control. The resultant warriors are all reproductions of him as he uses his internal operating system to assemble and direct them. These clones are not true Transformers, just crude mock-ups really that can only hold together for a few minutes before the residual Energon in their systems is used up and they fall apart. Psyclone has to constantly transmit a signal to them to keep them going as they run off his mental processing power. If this signal is interrupted such as by dense matter, extreme distance or energy field interference they will collapse on the spot. He mostly uses these clones as distractions and shields as they are physically weak and have limited firepower. One good hit on them and they disintegrate.

Psyclone always comes into a battle with a squad of clones already surrounding him and generates replacements for lost ones out of the Transformers that are progressively disabled as the battle goes on. If he runs out of clones he tends to flee as he feels vulnerable without them. Back at the Decepticon base he uses his clones as personal servants, they keep him maintained and polished and bring him his Energon rations. They also do any physical work he would normally be obliged to perform, such as aiding in the construction of the latest Decepticon base. Psyclone is incredibly lazy because of his clones and strongly dislikes doing anything himself, which much of the time includes fighting.

Vampyre - PL 10

Advantages

Skills
Athletics 4 (+12), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 8 (+8)

Powers
Energon Draw-out
. . Ignited Energon: Burst Area Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Increased Range 2: perception; Limited: must be targeted on an active Transformer, Limited: must be hit by fire from incendiary cannons, Source: cloud of Energon)
. . Loss of Energon: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception; Resistible: Will)
Incendiary Blasters: Damage 8 (DC 23; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Secondary Effect)
Transform

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Ignited Energon: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Incendiary Blasters: Damage 8, +8 (DC 23)
Loss of Energon: Cumulative Affliction 10 (DC Fort/Will 20)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 160 + Advantages 8 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 208

Vampyre can transmit an override signal to other Transformers that affects their systems, making them perform emergency venting of their Energon supply. If they cannot resist the signal they can lose so much of their fuel supply that they are left nearly or completely incapacitated. In addition his incendiary blasters are specially configured to ignite Energon so that it explodes violently. Normally Energon has stabilizing additives in it which means that it will not convert to free energy even if exposed to high temperatures or shocks. This is a powerful ability but comes with limitations compared to conventional munitions. He must have an active Transformer as a target, and some Transformers can resist the signal thanks to good control of their internal systems. In addition he has to target and shoot the cloud of Energon to get it to go off, it doesn't spontaneously ignite. It's still a nasty ability but in practice isn't the instant kill attack that its designers hoped for.

Vampyre is a sinister character who plays up his vampiric nature. He likes to speak in an odd, exaggerated accent and sometimes partially hides his faceplate behind a wing while hissing menacingly. He has a strong attraction to female Transformers, especially innocent Autobots with a well-built upper chassis, and uses his power to disable them and take them prisoner. He lairs high up in the tower of an old, abandoned Decepticon base, home now only to dust and scurrying scraplets. There he keeps his beautiful captive while he slowly drains her of her Energon. He much prefers to refuel himself from the Energon he makes other Transformers vent out, sucking it down as it hisses from their fuel ports. A suitably heroic Autobot has to rescue the fair maiden before he drains them of fuel completely.

Gamebook

Post by Gamebook » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Boomerang - PL 10

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 8

Skills

Powers
Rocket Pods: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Extended Range 5, Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (5 uses))
Transform
. . Acrobatic Flier: Enhanced Trait 16 (Linked; Traits: Dodge +4 (+7), Acrobatics +12 (+12), Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Move-by Action)
. . Flight: Flight 8 (Linked; Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round; Wings)

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Rocket Pods: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7/3, Parry 3, Fortitude 11, Toughness 12/10, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 128 + Advantages 8 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 176

Boomerang was built in a Decepticon base in Australia and learned about Earth and humans from local media feeds. This has given him a distinct Australian accent which other Decepticons often mock him for. He was built with forward swept wings to increase his lower speed agility, but this has limited his maximum upper speed limit. He functions mainly in the close ground attack role, making repeated low-level runs which are normally very risky for Decepticon jets once the Autobots are alerted and ready for air-defense fire. Boomerang is very hard to hit and shoot down however due to his great agility. Autobots can expect him to return for a second air attack run in most clashes rather than just being hit-and-run like other Decepticon jets.

Harbinger - PL 9

Advantages

Skills

Powers
Transform
. . Unswept wing: Flight 9 (Linked; Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round; Wings)
. . . . Swept Wing
. . . . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -3 (Linked; Traits: Dodge -2 (+3), Acrobatics -4 (+4), Advantages: Improved Initiative)
. . . . . . Flight: Flight 10 (Linked; Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round; Wings)

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 119 + Advantages 8 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 167

Harbinger has another experimental wing design, the building of these jets saw Decepticon technicians trying out different configurations to see how they would perform in combat. He has variable sweep wings which he can use to make himself more aerodynamic at higher speeds, increasing his maximum upper speed. When he is flying at such high speeds however his sharply angled wings and sheer velocity mean that he loses most of his agility and can really only fly in a straight line. Autobots who can get a good sighting in on him can therefore actually hit him more easily at these times. The bulk and weight of the swing mechanism also precludes the fitment of any other special abilities to him. He was quite costly to build and requires specialist maintenance for an increase in speed that is thus of doubtful practical value in combat. He does hold the air-speed record for the Decepticon Seekers however, of which he is very proud. In battle he employs his immense speed to make a sudden approach which often surprises the Autobots.

Skyraider - PL 9

Advantages

Skills
Insight 4 (+4), Perception 8 (+8)

Powers
Rear-Angle Optics: Senses 3 (Extended: Sight 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Radius: Vision)
Transform

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 119 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 165

Skyraider is a comparatively cheap Decepticon Seeker built out of surplus spare parts and salvaged components from destroyed Decepticons. Lacking any special abilities he has a low status in the Decepticon army, warriors like him are treated as cannon fodder and in combat are sent in to distract the Autobots while more valuable warriors set up the real attack. Having seen a whole bunch of his fellow low-cost Seekers be blown to pieces in dangerous frontal attacks he is now highly paranoid, trusting no other Decepticons as he thinks they are all intent on expending him to cover themselves. In this of course he is entirely correct, they don't give a bent washer for his existence. He has fitted additional rearward facing optics salvaged from a Seeker wreck which allows him to see all round himself so he can spot if those meant to be following him in on an attack run are in fact peeling off to let him go in alone while they circle round to make flank and rear attacks while the Autobots are occupied with launching salvos of missiles at him. This chronic and well-justified suspicion extends to all his relations with his ostensible comrades, he never trusts anybody, convinced that they are all out to scam or betray him.
Last edited by Gamebook on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doc chaos

Post by Doc chaos » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Have you crossed over your Transformers builds with any of your other builds? Kind of like Secret Wars 2! Batgirl III 's Eldar vs a Autobot squad and a few Guardians of the Galaxy have been stuck in my head. Oh, yeah. Your Transformers builds are totally canon, as far as I'm concerned!
Have you heard of a Decepticon named Megadeath? He's from U.K.
Thanks for the builds.

Gamebook

Post by Gamebook » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Doc chaos wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Have you crossed over your Transformers builds with any of your other builds? Kind of like Secret Wars 2! Batgirl III 's Eldar vs a Autobot squad and a few Guardians of the Galaxy have been stuck in my head. Oh, yeah. Your Transformers builds are totally canon, as far as I'm concerned!
The F-for-feasant Transformer art builds don't cross over with the rest of my art builds. Given what superhero settings are like with their kitchen sink approach you could do so easily enough, but it would reduce the narrative dominance of the Transformers within the world setting. They'd be more of another faction rather than the central feature of the stories. The bios I am writing for the Transformers builds assume that there are no superheroes on Earth. They could easily meet up with any other characters in an alternate reality temporary crossover story though, Gen1 Transformers is a wild and woolly enough setting for that.

Canon is a nebulous concept with the Transformers franchise as it has so many. My builds can't be canon as they weren't published as part of the canon on which they are based, the Gen1 Marvel comic. Instead they form their own canon which I broadly match up to the Marvel comics canon, but with my own twists here and there. If you mean they fit in well with the official Gen1 canon then thanks, that's what I'm going for.
Have you heard of a Decepticon named Megadeath? He's from U.K.
Just looked him up and bloody hell he is so '90's Marvel UK. F-for-feasant probably won't do any art for a character like that as he seems to be entirely focused on 'eighties Gen1 style characters.