The Star Corps

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
StarGuard

Re: The Star Corps

Post by StarGuard »

DARKSTAR
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1 LP: 2 (Toughness)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics (+10), Close Combat (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Mythology] 5 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 1 (+9), Insight 1 (+9), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 5 (+6), Perception 1 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Lasso] 10 (+10), Stealth 1 (+9), [Technology (+1/+9)]**

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment [Insight], Benefit ( Ambassador of Themiscrya), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Languages (1) (Ancient Greek, Base: English), Luck 2 (Toughness*), Power Attack

POWERS:
Amazonian Physique: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Accurate & Extended]), Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison); 6 pts
Fortitude of Gaea: Protection 2, Enhanced Advantages 3 (Diehard, Great Endurance, Luck 2 [Toughness*]); 5 pts
Hera, Give me Strength!: Enhanced Strength 2 (100 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change into Darkstar from Luna Long and vice versa); 1 pt
Speed of Hermes: 14 pt Array; 15 pts
Wind Riding: Flight 7 (250 mph, 1/2 mile/1); 14 pts
Fleet of Foot): Speed 7 (250 mph, 1/2 mile/1), Swimming 7 (60mph, 900 feet/1); 1 pt

Shield of Aegis: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Enhanced Defenses: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Defensive Attack, Improved Defense) (Flaw: Sustained); 10 pts
Master Thief: Enhanced Skills 4 (Technology 8 ranks**, Flaw: Limited to security checks); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+10 with Shield) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 with Shield) [DC18/20]
Toughness +10*, Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity; Luna Long (Luna obviously a connection to Diana but also a nickname for Lois)
Prejudice : Though Luna was born in America, Darkstar is of Themiscrya and bears the ill-will of those still angry with Diana.
Relationships: Protege of the Amazonian Nubia.
Responsibility: She has accepted the duties as Ambassador of Themiscrya, and to protect the world, mainly from Olympian/Mythological threats.
Rivalry: Cassie Sandsmark aka Wonder Girl of the Titans.
Secret: Luna unknowingly is filled with false memories and there is a secret relationship from her past.

Abilities 82 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 39 + Defenses 4 = 145 / 150

Build Comments:
Again I must thank Thor for his formatting, which I love, and using his WW PC build as a starting point for making a PL 10 Darkstar. Intended as an homage to the many convoluted versions of her mother. When Terry died the Amazon’s adopted (aka took into custody his daughter (Luna Long) and raised her from the age of 9 when her powers began to manifest. I need to dig into her immersion into the Injustice Universe tomorrow. A simple balanced strength/skill hand to hand combatant with bracers and shield ... because that pic is rocking. I’ll assume she’s just turned 18 and emancipated herself from the Amazons much to their chagrin.

This was initial going to be a Prime Earth Cassandra Wonder Girl but with a version of her already on the Titans I needed to find an alternative. This one feels like it might work nicely with the right in universe tie in. I still have a dozen points to assign and I hope to use those to reflect anything I “discover” about the character as I try to fit her into this interesting DC universe.

Luna's current memory timeline.
18 years ago: Born in North America of Donna Troy and Terry Long.
12 years ago: Donna killed by a rogue robot Superman.
- Terry killed in a car accident. Luna survives unharmed.
6 years ago: Artemis and Nubia "rescued" her from the streets.
Currently: New Gotham News (NGN) aired video of a battle of a young woman wearing black/silver clad bodysuit and a blue-silver scaled young man battling the nefarious Aqualad along the docks of Gotham Bay last week. The battle badly damaged one of the fishery warehouses and ended with Aqualad being pursued back into the ocean by the the young man the media has dubbed Tempest. The video ends with the dark star clad young woman flying northward.

Important Memories:
Two years ago the Alternate Earth Wonder Woman fought her counterpart to stop the Amazons from invading Metropolis and convinced them to switch sides. Her speech forced Luna to remember her life before Themiscrya, as the Amazons pledged their loyalty, Luna pledged to live up this Wonder Woman's ideas of justice. In her heart she knew she had to return to the world of her parents, and began making her plans to "escape" the island that had been her home the past four years. Nubia become a worthy successor of the fallen Diana and pledged to atone the sins which Diana made her fellow Themysciran to commit. Luna became her protege, never guessing the young woman's plans to leave the island as soon as an opportunity arose.

[As it turns out, some of the Amazonian soldiers such as Artemis and Antiope are still loyal to Diana and Superman’s Regime. Working with Black Adam, Damian and Kara, to free Diana and take her powers and equipment back from Nubia, and escape with her loyal army and Kara.]

An imprisoned sister of Themyscira, Wonder Woman remains in Tartarus after the fall of the Regime. Still an ardent believer of Superman and his rule, Wonder Woman awaits her opportunity to strike back against Batman.
“When Batman tore down the Regime, man's world called me a tyrant. My Amazon sisters disowned me. Then Brainiac showed Earth what a tyrant truly looks like. The people begged for deliverance -- and I gave them Brainiac's head. Once again, it falls upon the Regime to restore peace and order. Batman and the traitors who followed him will be punished. Even Kara Zor-El. Then I will return to Themyscira -- and deal with my sisters. If they do not heed my commands, they will bow to force. So says Diana, Princess of the Amazons, slayer of Brainiac!”

Psychology: Due to her background on the streets and kidnapping by the Amazons is reserved around strangers. Once she has an understanding of their goals and motives she is quick to open up, trusting and developing strong feelings of loyalty. Just as quickly she can become a fierce antagonist if confronted by those of an ill-heart wishing harm to those who cannot defend themselves, even using lethal force as a last resort if necessary.

Luna holds no ill will toward Diana, knowing she is the dark side of the embodiment of the Amazon coin, Nubia the other. In her dreams she sometimes sees Diana and Superman fighting alongside Batman and the Justice League. Others have suggested they are inspired by the appearance of the (AE) that helped Batman bring down the Regime, never telling them she has had these dreams since the day Metropolis died a nuclear death.

Last Word: I've purposefully left points on the board because I want to build a Lasso of Truth for Darkstar but just don't have the points to spare (18 pts for PL 10 Move Object/Affliction). So ... unless there's 13 wasted points I don't see (yeah theres some trimming possible) you cn tell where any PP would be headed.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Darkstar; Brian Thomas
PL: 11 (135 pts) - OPL: 11; DPL: 11; HP: 1; LP: 1
PP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2/14, STAMINA 2/14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+2/+14), Close Combat (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Engineering] 8 (+14), Expertise [Military] 1 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat 3 (+5), Stealth 2 (+5), Technology 9 (+14), Vehicles 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES; All-out Attack, Connected, Contacts, Equipment 1, Fast Grab, Improved Critical 2, Improved Grab, Leadership, Luck 2, Power Attack, Teamwork, Well-informed.

POWERS:
Density/Matter Manipulation: 24 pt Array; 28 pts
Dimensional Jump: Teleport 5
(Accurate, 900 feet, Extended 30 miles in 2 move actions, 800lbs); 24 pts
Density Increase: Growth
[Density] 12 (+12 Str, +12 End, +12 mass ranks, +0 size ranks, -3 speed ranks, Feature: Mass ranks do not damage environment; 2 pts
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4
; 1 pt
Invisibility: All Visual Senses
; 1 pt
Environmental Suit: Immunity 7 [Environmental Conditions (all) and Suffocation (all), Removable (-1)]; 7 pts

EQUIPMENT: 5 pts
Custom Built Visor: Binoculars, Cell Phone (smartphone), Commlink, Flash Goggles

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed DC17; Density Increase DC29 (Critical 18-20)]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+14 with Density Increase), Fortitude +2 (+14 with Density Increase), Will +8

COMPLICATIONS: WIP
Power Limitation: Shifting Density/Matter Manipulation abilities cost a free action.
Brotherhood: Brian has strong bonds to military, law-enforcement and first responder teams.

Abilities 54 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 35 + Defenses 11 = 129 / 135

Background and Build Comments: WIP
Five years ago Commander Brian Thomas was serving on the USS Daedalus, a nuclear submarine stationed out of the Fort Brewer Naval Base in Emerald City. The Daedalus was a prototype stealth submarine that implemented a new alien energy source. During test trials the vessel was boarded by Power Corp. Something went wrong during the heist and the containment shields were breached. CDR Thomas was trapped on the Engineering Deck with three other men as the crew of the Daedalus was ordered to abandon ship.
Last edited by StarGuard on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Hm. I’d almost think that Darkstar was some kind of group that shared the name what with two characters using the name... :P
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

:mrgreen:
Funny story that. Back in the very dawn of the 80’s, Villains and Vigilantes was my first superhero game. Coincidentally my longest running online game was a campaign called Megalopolis. Great GM great players great setting .... then life happened. You know, divorce, cancer, same old same old.

Darkstar was my character in that game and though I felt he grew into almost a game device he was one of the best characters I’ve ever played. So then we’re back to coincidences. The top character is my take on a legacy for Donna Troy (you know I love Aquaman and Wonder Woman :)) who was a Dark Star and the character above is my own creation rebuilt using MM rules. He’s now as powerful a teleporter but the array allows him to have a stealth mode (thanks to the build idea from the Legionnaire game build of Kid Q :))

Hopefully I can find a game to play this Darkstar in. Trying to decide to put the last 5 points into an HQ that he’s starting his business from, just popping points into Wealth or looking at a way to enhance his Teleport range/carrying capacity.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

y'know, and the Darkstars were a rival galactic police force to the GLC. :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document