The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [On the Trail of the Pumpkin King]

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [The Matter of France]

Post by MacynSnow »

Yojimbo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:11 pm Ok "The Matter Of France" was an AWESOME adventure.Pure,Steam-Powered & Pulpy Goodness right there.I keep picturing my 'Jack The Hero' Expy Mr.Hero being involved in all this.I'd love to have played in this.Why don't you try a game of it here?
Thanks! It was a lot of fun to run, too. The showdown at Fort Vernon was a real blast. The part in Paris was almost anticlimactic afterward. We had a real Apocalypse Now vibe going at the table, which was exactly what I was looking for.

I really don't have the time to run an online game of any kind, I'm afraid.
Would you mind if i use it for a possible M&M game on here,then?
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [The Matter of France]

Post by MacynSnow »

Yojimbo wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:03 am
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:19 pm Would you mind if i use it for a possible M&M game on here,then?
I guess not, sure.
Thanks! I might not need to use it(depending on what responses i get for something i got planned), but it never hurts to ask first.... :D
Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [Jack Karroway, Pan]

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, nice Pan. I accidentally skimmed past the "Lost Boys" part and went to the "Split Shadow" thing, and was like "Oh hey, like Peter Pan", and then noticed where I missed reading :). Barrie himself said there "was a devil inside Peter", and he was deliberately made rather demonic. And you're right- that's a big part of the character, and you can even see it in some of the Disney stuff. It's probably why the most-used characters from the film are Hook & Tinker Bell, in fact (though Tink herself is actually willing to commit MURDER on an innocent girl! Out of mere jealousy!)- Peter's the protagonist, but he's no saint.

I like the idea of him scurrying about with some ne'er-do-well kids who are quickly replaced- does he wipe out the whole gang at once? Or do some slowly recognize what's going on? Some good story hooks there.
MacynSnow

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [Jack Karroway, Pan]

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:19 am haha, nice Pan. I accidentally skimmed past the "Lost Boys" part and went to the "Split Shadow" thing, and was like "Oh hey, like Peter Pan", and then noticed where I missed reading :). Barrie himself said there "was a devil inside Peter", and he was deliberately made rather demonic. And you're right- that's a big part of the character, and you can even see it in some of the Disney stuff. It's probably why the most-used characters from the film are Hook & Tinker Bell, in fact (though Tink herself is actually willing to commit MURDER on an innocent girl! Out of mere jealousy!)- Peter's the protagonist, but he's no saint.

I like the idea of him scurrying about with some ne'er-do-well kids who are quickly replaced- does he wipe out the whole gang at once? Or do some slowly recognize what's going on? Some good story hooks there.
I wholeheartedly agree with you Jab! Even when i was young,i think i recognized Pan wasn't the good guy AT ALL in that production(i blame reading too much Fantasy Novels for my book reports :D ),cause i honestly identified with Capt.Hook more.He&his crew(wording?) were Trapped in Neverland and all they wanted to do (originally) was leave,but Pan not only refused to help them,he CUT OFF A MAN'S HAND! After that fiasco,i couldn't blame Hook wanting to kill the little pest.

As for this Pan,i'm actually wanting to see a Good Guy Version of Captain Hook now.Would he've lost the hand to him this time or not,i wonder?.... ;)
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [Idris Awbrey, Archibald Knight]

Post by MacynSnow »

Eh,if this get's picked for the setting i'll just write-up my own Version of Hook.Maybe even as an Antagonist himself..... :evil:
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [Idris Awbrey, Archibald Knight]

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:42 am
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:21 am Eh,if this get's picked for the setting i'll just write-up my own Version of Hook.Maybe even as an Antagonist himself..... :evil:
Cool! I'm curious to see how that plays out. I'm not joining in because I fear I would be too much of a "that's not how it would happen" kind of guy, which would be a total dick move, but I'll watch from afar and see what happens. Good luck!
I don't mind having secondary opinions in my games(in fact,i perfer it!),as it not only keeps me from showing Favoratism(?) to NPCS(which has happened in a couple of Early tabletop groups i was in) it'll also keep me pure to the system&setting.

So pop down to my Intrest thread and pick a setting,the more the merrier!.... :D