The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [On the Trail of the Pumpkin King]

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Cosmic Beings; Celestial Dragon, Xous Potestates]

Post by Yojimbo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Xous Potestates
The creature known as Xous Potestates physically resembles a human being, but he is not remotely human. Ten thousand years ago, Xous Potestates was placed in hypersleep and left to slumber, programmed to be awakened in only a few centuries. But the machinery malfunctioned and Xous slumbered long after he should have. He outlived his civilization, but his body, however well protected in the hypersleep chamber, still withered and broke down over the millennia. The ancient machines were restarted accidentally by a Covenant expedition. The machines, damaged by the passage of time, worked to awaken its charges. Xous was the only one able to be revived, and the medical machines had to borrow material from the Covenant explorers to put him back together.

Xous came back to himself completely disoriented, in a new body, surrounded by the ruins of his world and invaders from beyond the stars. He reacted violently. When the wreckage settled, he was once again the last thing alive on the planet, and more than a little mad. But he had a starship – the vehicle the Covenant expedition used to come to his world – and a burning desire to continue revenging himself against these invaders. He garbed himself in the ancient armor of his people, modified for his new shape, and took to the stars. He is recruiting an army and a fleet to attack the Covenant and wipe out this scourge called humanity.
PL: 15
Abilities: STR: 44 (+17) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 44 (+17) INT: 26 (+8) WIS: 22 (+6) CHR: 18 (+4)
Skills: Computers 8 (+16)
Concentration 4 (+10)
Diplomacy 4 (+8)
Intimidate 8 (+12)
Knowledge: Physical Science 4 (+12)
Knowledge: Tactics 4 (+12)
Knowledge: Technology 8 (+16)
Navigate 4 (+12)
Notice 8 (+14)
Pilot 4 (+8)
Sense Motive 4 (+10)
Feats: All-Out Attack
Diehard
Improved Critical 2 [Strike]
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Sunder
Last Stand
Move-By Action
Power Attack
Trance
Powers: Gravity Control 15 [STR: 75, Force: 409.6 tons, Damaging; Environmental Adaptation (High Grav), Environmental Adaptation (Low Grav)]
  • AP: Deflect 15 [All Ranged Attacks]
  • AP: Time Control 6 [+24 Initiative, Quickness 6, Speed 6 (500 mph, 440 ft./rnd)]
  • AP: Time Stop 7 [Radius 35 ft., Slow]
Device 9 “Mantle of the Seraphan” [Hard to Lose; Only He Can Use]
Flight 8 [2500 mph, 22000 ft./rnd]
Immunity 11 [Critical Hits, Life Support]
Impervious Toughness 10
Super-Senses 8 [Infravision, Radar, X-Ray Vision]

Device 7 “Staff of the Seraphan” [Easy to Lose; Only He Can Use]
Blast 15 [Incurable, Increase Range 1 (3750 ft.), Split Attack 1]
  • AP: (Strength Bonus) Strike 10 [Autofire 1, Penetrating]
  • AP: Nullify 15 [All Powers, Range (Touch)]
Combat: Attack +12 [Blast DC 30, Gravity Control DC 30, Nullify DC 25, Time Stop DC 17, Unarmed DC 32], Defense +12, Init +8/+32
Saves: Toughness +17, Fortitude +18, Reflex +8, Will +12
Description: Xous Potestates stands nearly seven feet tall, roughly humanoid in shape, with deep purple skin, crystalline eyes, and ropy growths that line his chest and limbs. He is immensely strong and durable, legacy of his alien nature, although not as powerful as he once was in his original shape. The humanoid form limits him to some extent, although Xous still possesses his native mastery of the fundamental force of gravity. He can increase or decrease gravity in his immediate area, allowing him to lift enormous weights or crush objects from afar. He can also manipulate gravity fields to protect himself from attacks, or create such extreme gravity that even time can slow down.

Xous garbs himself in a suit of modified battle armor, decorated with the iconography of angelic beings from his native mythology. The suit protects him from environmental extremes, including the void of space, and is further reinforced with grav tech to provide protection and flight capabilities. A sensor package increases his access to the visual spectrum.

Xous carries a five foot long staff of black metal with a head that bleeds magenta energy. The staff can unleash a devastating blast of burning energy or be used as a close combat weapon, which Xous wields with blinding efficiency. The energy from the staff can also shut down another being’s extranormal abilities if Xous can connect with the being physically.

Under the Hood
In my earliest conception, and surviving in the file name for the image, I had this guy pegged as some kind of admiral. This was based largely off the ships in the background behind him. But as I bounced that idea around in my head, he started to look too much like Mars. So I went a different way with him, starting him out as an alien, but now he's trapped in a humanoid body that he hates and he's out to destroy the Covenant. Someone who can control one of the fundamental forces of the universe stands a good chance of succeeding, especially considering how much Covenant technology itself depends on manipulating gravity.

Jabroniville

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Cosmic Beings; Celestial Dragon, Xous Potestates]

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Very cool idea- I love how she's sort-of under the control of the AI, and fears she's losing herself to it. The art is pretty kick-ass, but obviously nothing you could put in anything but CGI :). And yeah... the Japanese love their carp. Such a basic fish to others, but there's carp all over the place in their folklore.

Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Cosmic Beings; Celestial Dragon, Xous Potestates]

Post by Yojimbo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 pm
Very cool idea- I love how she's sort-of under the control of the AI, and fears she's losing herself to it. The art is pretty kick-ass, but obviously nothing you could put in anything but CGI :). And yeah... the Japanese love their carp. Such a basic fish to others, but there's carp all over the place in their folklore.
Thanks. Not every character gets a good hook, but I try.

I like carp myself, as fish go. Its just, one of the advantages of basing characters on pieces of art, is that some things get suggested that I would never think to do on my own.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Zinj Phaeton, Keisa Komori]

Post by Yojimbo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:47 am

Zenith
Astrographical
Region: Inner Core Worlds
Sun: Vane
Orbital position: 3
Moons: 1; Apex
Rotation Period: 28 solar hours
Orbital Period: 370 local days

Physical
Class: Terrestrial
Atmosphere: Oxygen mix, breathable
Climate: Arctic to Tropical
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Mountains, temperate regions, tropical regions, arctic regions, oceans
Surface Water: 70%

Societal
Government: Corporate
Population: 7 billion
Major Cities: Zenith City, Apex City, Knox, Midas, Switzerland
Major Imports: Any
Major Exports: Any
Affiliation: Covenant

Zenith is a water world, largely covered in oceans, with several large continents covered in a wide range of topography. In the Covenant Roll of Worlds, Zenith is categorized as a commerce world, and business is its primary business. Banks, mercantile groups, financial institutions, corporate headquarters, and billions of other merchants make their home on Zenith. It also attracts all manner of criminals, including con-men, bank-robbers, burglars, and gangsters of all stripes. It is a world of great natural beauty, and yet the public consciousness conceives of Zenith as a world of chrome and glass, great sweeping cities filled with electronic lights, fast-moving vehicles, and throngs of people.

Under the Hood
I have a few worlds within the Covenant that I have focused on. Zenith is one of them. It's basically a cyberpunk dystopia, full of crime and capitalism run amuck. Avaricious corporations and avaricious criminal organizations, and innocents caught between them.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:53 am

The Zäger Guild
On Zenith, everything can be had for the right price. And everything is privatized, including the police force. In Zenith City, the planet’s largest and most populated metropolis, the most successful group of crime-fighters is the Zäger Guild. Made up of cybernetic agents with boosted abilities, weapons, and capabilities, the Guild hunts criminals across the city.

Zinj Phaeton
Zinj Phaeton is the Zäger Guild’s most decorated agent. He has a reputation for always getting his target, dead or alive. Dedicated, professional, and always on the job, Zinj isn’t known for his sense of humor, but he’s the guy you want at your side when an assassin android is loose in the city. Zinj was born into the slums of Zenith City, and carved out a name for himself in the biker gangs that rule the underside. After a stint in a juvenile prison ward, Zinj returned home to find his mother murdered, his father crippled, and his brother strung out on drugs. The gang hadn’t protected them while he was inside, like they were supposed to, and an angry Zinj, guided by the cop who put him away in the first place, decided to swing in the opposite direction. He became an officer of the law, empowered to deal with criminals and wrong-doers, and all he had to do was give up his humanity. Still, his cybernetic transformation and enrollment in the Zäger Guild was enough for Zinj to get his remaining family out of the slums. Since then he has worked tirelessly to put away other dangerous criminals, and to look out for innocents caught in difficult situations.
PL: 12
Abilities: STR: 10 (-) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 16 (+3) WIS: 16 (+3) CHR: 14 (+2)
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Computers 16 (+19)
Drive 8 (+12)
Intimidate 4 (+6)
Investigate 8 (+11)
Knowledge: Civics 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Cyberculture 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Streetwise 4 (+7)
Notice 4 (+7)
Search 4 (+7)
Sense Motive 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Feats: Accurate Attack
Defensive Attack
Evasion 2
Improved Critical 2 [Blast]
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Ranged Disarm
Power Attack
Veteran Fighter
Powers: Datalink 3 [Range: 1000 ft, Cyberspace, Machine Control]

“Hard Light Projections” Deflect 12 [All Ranged Attacks, Reflection]
  • AP: Blast 12 [Penetrating, Ricochet 3, Homing 2, Split Attack 2]
  • AP: Strike 12 [Penetrating, Autofire, Split Attack 2]
“Cyber-Armor” Protection 10

“Hard Light Cycle” Summon 2 [Medium Size, Strength 35, Toughness 10, Speed 6 [500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd, Wall Run, Water Run; Features: Computer, Navigation System 3, Nitro Injectors, Off Road Movement, Smokescreen]

Combat: Attack +12 [Unarmed +0, Blast +12, Strike +12], Defense +12, Init +8
Saves: Toughness +12, Fortitude +6, Reflex +10, Will +7
Description: Tall and long-limbed, Zinj has the grace of a dancer and the athleticism of a gymnast. Having undergone cybernetic enhancement and transformation, Zinj looks only vaguely human. He is now a figure of black steel edged in blue light, organic edges and technological power. Zinj’s cybernetic enhancements allow him to remotely connect with and control machines, even to descending into the hyperstylized cyberspace of Zenith. He can generate disks of hard light, which spin in a swirl of blue before him and deflect any incoming attacks. He can repurpose the hard light disks into thrown weapons, powerful enough to shear through inoson, or close combat weapons with spinning edges that can cut through nearly anything. Zinj also has access to a hard-light vehicle, a cycle, which is fast enough to drive across liquid or vertical surfaces. In the steel canyons and endless highways of Zenith City, the cycle is often Zinj’s greatest tool.

Under the Hood
Zinj was one of the earliest characters I created for the Covenant. He was originally part of that first crew of "Around the Galaxy" guys, but as I started to find more Tronified and Tron-adjacent art, I started filling out his homeworld with more heroes and villains. I've always liked the Tron aesthetic, while not being much of a fan of either film, and I thought going with that look would help make this cyberpunk dystopia more distinctive than, say, Cyberpunk or Shadowrun or what have you. I mean, there's a lot of Blade Runner in Zenith's DNA too, but its mostly Tron.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:02 am

Keisa Komori
The Zäger Guild is a long and well established organization which has served the people of Zenith for generations. While the Guild primarily operates in Zenith City, it also has jurisdiction across the planet through a complicated arrangement of permits, alliances, and associations. The person who currently oversees the day to day operations of the Guild is Keisa Komori, chief executive officer of the guild.

Keisa started as a street operative for the Guild and over the years worked her way up to her current position, through a combination of promotions for excellent service, old-fashioned politicking, and the good fortune to be in the right place at the right time. She has maintained her position for a decade, through ups and downs, setbacks and gains. Her competence, no-nonsense attitude, and ability to maintain the loyalty of her people have ensured that the Board of Directors has kept her in charge, although they haven’t always been happy about it.

Keisa is a “lead from the front” type, who is not afraid to leap into action when necessary. In fact, in many ways she prefers it. But she also knows that she is the person best qualified to run the Zäger Guild, not only to keep it running, but meeting and exceeding the expectations of the Guild’s clients.
PL: 11
Abilities: STR: 18 (+4) DEX: 24 (+7) CON: 18 (+4) INT: 26 (+8) WIS: 24 (+7) CHR: 24 (+7)
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+15)
Bluff 8 (+15)
Computers 12 (+20)
Craft: Chemical 4 (+12)
Craft: Electrical 4 (+12)
Craft: Mechanical 4 (+12)
Diplomacy 8 (+15)
Disable Device 8 (+16)
Drive 8 (+15)
Intimidate 12 (+19)
Investigate 16 (+24)
Knowledge: Business 12 (+20)
Knowledge: Police Sciences 12 (+20)
Knowledge: Streetwise 12 (+20)
Knowledge: Technology 8 (+16)
Medicine 4 (+11)
Notice 12 (+19)
Pilot 8 (+15)
Sense Motive 12 (+19)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+15)
Stealth 12 (+19)
Feats: Assessment
Connected
Contacts
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 4
Distract [Intimidate]
Evasion 2
Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Initiative 1
Improvised Tools
Instant Up
Inventor
Jack-of-All-Trades
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Precise Shot 1
Quick Draw 1
Redirect
Seize Initiative
Set-Up
Startle
Takedown Attack 2
Uncanny Dodge 2 [Hearing]
Well-Informed
Equipment 25 [Commlink, Flashlight, Grapnel, Handcuffs, HQ: Zäger Guild Headquarters, Mini-Tracer, Parachute, Rebreather, Vehicle: Grav Car, Zäger Tool Kit, Gravity Pistol]
Powers: Datalink 3 [Mental, Cyberspace]
Leaping 1 [Running Jump: 28 ft., Standing Jump: 14 ft., High Jump: 7 ft.]
Speed 2 [25 mph, 220 ft./rnd]

“Grapnel” Super-Movement 2 [Swinging, Wall-Crawling 1]

“Zäger Tool Kit”
“Tether” Snare 8
  • AP: “Cutting Torch” Corrosion 3
  • AP: “Energy Disks” Blast 4 [Autofire 1, Mighty 4]
  • AP: “Explosive Disks” Blast 5 [Burst Area]
  • AP: “Flash Disks” Dazzle 8 [Visual]
  • AP: “Gas Disks” Sleep 4 [Cloud Area]
  • AP: “Shock Gloves” Strike 4 [Mighty]
  • AP: “Smoke Disks” Obscure 5 [Visual]
  • AP: “Stun Disks” Stun 5 [Ranged]
Combat: Attack +14 [Energy Disks DC 23, Explosive Disks DC 20, Flash Disks DC 18, Gas Disks DC 14, Gravity Pistol DC 15, Shock Gloves DC 23, Stun Disks DC 15, Tether DC 18, Unarmed DC 19], Defense +14, Init +11
Saves: Toughness +4/+8, Fortitude +9, Reflex +14, Will +13
Description: A slim, athletic woman in her early middle years, Keisa looks decades younger than her true age thanks to gene therapy and mild cybernetic enhancements. She is pale, with brown almond shaped eyes and carefully coiffed straight black hair. Dermal implants that boost her natural agility and reaction time appear like geometric, black tattoos that wind up and down her limbs and across her upper chest. Her other enhancements boost her intelligence and senses, while her physicality is the result of a rigorous exercise regimen. She is an expert hand to hand combatant and is also well versed in a variety of weapons, maintaining a collection of armaments that includes a gravity pistol worn on her left hip, a variety of thrown disks, and shock gloves to boost her striking power. She wears a black uniform edged in red, even when sitting behind her desk. Keisa is not humorless, but certainly projects that impression, saving her very dry and cutting sense of humor for only her closest friends.
Zäger Guild Headquarters
A towering, gleaming skyscraper in the heart of Zenith City houses the guild headquarters. Neon letters emblazoned across it declare it to be the home of the most respected and decorated security firm in the city, if not the planet. Guild headquarters not only houses the facilities for the organization and its agents, but also has offices for support personnel, equipment, laboratories, holding cells, and other amenities.
Toughness: +15
Size: Colossal
Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Holding Cells, Interrogation Chamber, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 3, Think-Tank, Workshop

Grav Car
Keisa’s personal vehicle is a top-of-the-line grav car with a few alterations and improvements designed and implemented by her.
STR: 40 (+15) Toughness: +10 Defense: -2, Size: Huge
Features: Alarm 3, Caltrops, Ejector Seats, Hidden Compartments 1, Navigation System 2, Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smokescreen
Powers: Blast 8 [Improved Range (200 ft. incr)]
Flight 6 [500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd]
Impervious Toughness 10
Speed 5 [500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd]

Under the Hood
The Zäger Guild is the main team of heroes-slash-cops on the planet. Big damn heroes, every one (well, most of them), and they need a total badass to be the chief ramrod of the joint. Keisa is that total badass. She runs the organization from behind her desk, but she's not afraid or reluctant to get her knuckles bloody either.

The Guild likely includes a couple hundred operatives, although thousands would probably be more realistic, and that they're a bit like the Pinkerton Detective Agency. I'm just going to describe a handful of them, though.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Gib Bueskyttr, Corvus Drac]

Post by Yojimbo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:55 am

Gib Bueskyttr
Born outside of Apex City, working the farmlands that keep the topsiders and downsiders fed. At first chance, Gib joined the Covenant marines and shipped off to foreign worlds, to meet new people and kill them. He served three tours, earned his sergeant stripes, and made a name for himself as an unshakeable, thoroughly professional soldier. Then came Zobna, a jungle world, populated by alien savages and gigantic monsters, and a mysterious energy source that the Covenant wanted. The marines went in to protect the science squads doing the mining. Not many made it out alive. Those that did, made it because of Gib Bueskyttr. When they were cut off, surrounded, and low on supplies, he kept them alive and slogging, and though he lost most of them, he emerged from the jungle with ten scientists and four marines. Gib mustered out after Zobna, and returned to Zenith.

But he found the quiet mediocrity of the farmlands unbearable. Gib took a train to Zenith City and never looked back. He signed on with the Zäger Guild. They accepted him primarily on his military record, but his superiors were not so quietly skeptical, given that he had no cybernetic enhancements or extranormal abilities. Despite the lack, or perhaps because of it, Gib has proceeded to become one of the most decorated agents of the Guild.
Abilities: STR: 18 (+4) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 20 (+5) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 22 (+6) CHR: 16 (+3)
Climb 8 (+12)
Drive 8 (+12)
Gather Information 8 (+11)
Intimidate 8 (+11)
Investigate 8 (+10)
Knowledge: Civics 4 (+6)
Knowledge: Streetwise 8 (+10)
Navigate 8 (+10)
Notice 4 (+10)
Pilot 4 (+8)
Ride 4 (+8)
Search 4 (+6)
Sense Motive 4 (+10)
Stealth 12 (+16)
Survival 8 (+16)
Swim 4 (+8)
Cat’s Feet
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 4
Defensive Strike
Direction Sense
Improved Aim
Improved Block 2
Improved Critical 1 [Strike (Autofire)]
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Ranged Disarm
Move-By Action
Power Attack
Precise Shot 2
Precise Strike
Quick Draw 1
Swift 1
Takedown Attack 2
Tiger Leap
Track
Equipment 4 [Commlink, Handcuffs, Armored Jumpsuit; Grav Bike (Motorcycle w/Super-Movement 2: Wall-Crawling/Full Speed)]
Powers: “Energy Disk” Device 7 [Easy to Lose]
Blast 12 [Homing 1, Precise, Ricochet 3, Split Attack 1]
  • AP: Blast 10 [Line Area (5x250 ft. line)]
  • AP: Strike 8 [Autofire 1, Mighty]
  • AP: Strike 8 [Burst Area, Selective, Mighty]
  • AP: Strike 8 [Penetrating, Mighty]
Combat: Attack +12 [Blast DC 27, Blast DC 25, Strike DC 27, Unarmed DC 19], Defense +12, Init +8
Saves: Toughness +5/+12, Fortitude +10, Reflex +10, Will +11
Description: Gib is in his late twenties, in excellent shape, with a runner’s build and compact musculature. He has short dark hair and green eyes. He wears black leathers edged in green, and uses an old fashioned energy disk as his primary weapon. Gib has trained himself to be an expert with it, and he is deadly accurate with his chosen weapon. He can use it as a ranged weapon or a melee weapon, throwing it in a straight line to cut through numerous foes, spin it around him to hit a wide spread of enemies, bounce it off walls to make impossible shots, and do a number of other tricks. He gets around on a standard issue grav cycle, and relies on his gut and his training to get himself through any scrapes. Gib takes pride in being a sort of urban savage, and doesn’t keep much faith in technological devices or machinery.

Under the Hood
While most of the denizens of Zenith are cyborgs of one kind or another, I wanted one badass normal. Gib is basically the planet's Hawkeye or Green Arrow; a regular human being who is extraordinarily gifted with his chosen weapon. All those alternate powers are not programmed into his energy disk, they are entirely due to Gib's training and skill. I maybe should have made it a piece of equipment because of that, but I reasoned that he has trained so much with that particular disk that he probably wouldn't have the same range of abilities with just any other. The balance would be off, or something.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Gib Bueskyttr, Corvus Drac]

Post by Yojimbo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:01 am

Corvus Drac
Planetary celebrity and athlete, Corvus Drac earned a number of awards as a young man competing in the Zenith Games as a gymnast, runner, and pilot. With his notoriety at an apex, he submitted to cybernetic conversion. It ended his ability to compete as a natural, but it gave him the opportunity to become a Guild member. At heart a thrillseeker and action junkie, Drac had grown bored of the life of a professional athlete and decided to become a lawbringer. Initially, after joining the Zäger Guild he made a big splash, made some high-profile collars, caught the attention of the media and the adulation of the masses.

But he was never a very dedicated cop, and his cybernetics cost a considerable sum, and the cyberpsychosis that came with it struck the former athlete pretty hard. His new mechanical limbs made him more powerful than ever, but he also felt unnatural and altered, and regretted making such a bold decision only months into his active duty. Drac was vulnerable, and when the Syndicate approached him, he succumbed to their overtures very quickly. He’s now on the take, in the service of the very criminals he was hired to hunt, and he acts as their eyes and ears within the Guild.

Outwardly he retains the façade of effectiveness and heroism, but inside he is slowly falling apart. Ostensibly he is trying to put money away to pay off the debt accrued by his cybernetic conversion, as well as to pay for cloning himself a new body, but he’s so addicted to the playboy lifestyle that he generally overspends and is making little to no headway on his goals. Meanwhile, the Syndicate is not exactly eager to lose their best mole.
PL: 10
Abilities: STR: 16/22 (+3/+6) DEX: 18/24 (+4/+7) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 18 (+4) WIS: 16 (+3) CHR: 18 (+4)
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+15)
Bluff 8 (+12)
Computers 12 (+16)
Drive 4 (+11)
Intimidate 8 (+12)
Investigate 8 (+12)
Knowledge: Civics 8 (+12)
Knowledge: Streetwise 8 (+12)
Knowledge: Technology 8 (+12)
Medicine 4 (+7)
Notice 8 (+11)
Pilot 8 (+11)
Sense Motive 8 (+11)
Stealth 8 (+15)
Feats: Defensive Roll 1
Improved Disarm 2
Improved Initiative 2
Instant Up
Move-By Action
Power Attack
Quick Draw
Seize Initiative
Takedown Attack 2
Taunt
Well-Informed
Equipment 5 [Camera, Commlink, First Aid Kit, Handcuffs, Investigator’s Kit; Grav Bike (Motorcycle w/Super-Movement 2: Wall-Crawling/Full Speed)]
Powers: “Cybernetic Conversion” Container, Passive 9
“Armor” Protection 4 [Impervious]
“Cloak” Concealment 4 [All Visual Senses, Blending]

“Cybernetic Senses” Super-Senses 8 [Extended Hearing 2, Extended Vision 2, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Radio]
Enhanced DEX 6
Enhanced STR 6

“Grapple Line” Super-Movement 1 [Swinging]

“Jet Boots” Leaping 4 [Running Jump: 400 ft., Standing Jump: 200 ft., High Jump: 100 ft.]

“Grav Grip” Super-Movement 1 [Wall-Crawling 1 (Half Speed)]

“Self-Contained Systems” Immunity 5 [Heat, Cold, Pressure, Radiation; Drowning]

“Multi-Disc Array” Device 6 [Easy to Lose]
“Explosive Disc” Blast 8 [Burst Area (40 ft), Improved Range (200 ft. incr)]
  • AP: “Multifire Disc” Blast 6 [Autofire 1, Improved Range (150 ft)]
  • AP: “EMP Disc” Nullify 8 [Electronics; Burst Area (40 ft), Improved Range (200 ft. incr)]
  • AP: “Flash Disc” Dazzle 8 [Visual, Improved Range (200 ft. incr)]
  • AP: “Neural Burn Disc” Stun 8 [Ranged, Improved Range (200 ft. incr)]
  • AP: “Razor Disc” Blast 8 [Penetrating, Improved Range (200 ft. incr)]
Combat: Attack +12 [Blast DC 23, Blast DC 21, Nullify DC 18, Dazzle DC 18, Stun DC 18, Blast DC 23, Unarmed DC 21], Defense +12, Init +15
Saves: Toughness +3/+8, Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +8
Description:
Broad shouldered, brutally handsome, with electric blue eyes and always perfectly coifed hair, Drac has genetically perfect looks – although worry lines, stress, and the effects of a hard life are beginning to take their toll. From the neck down his body is primarily machine, with only a few organs retained within his cybernetic shell, a device of hard black plates and bright blue lighting. His cyborg body is stronger, faster, and more durable than his flesh and bone one, and he’s also equipped with a grapple line in his left forearm, enhanced senses, and the ability to make jet assisted leaps. His hands and feet are equipped with grav tech that allows him to cling to walls, and his body is hardened against most environmental extremes. A self-contained oxygen supply will keep his organs functioning even when submerged. He keeps an arsenal of disc weapons on hand, each one laced with nanomachines which allow them to be programmed for particular uses with just a touch. The discs can be programmed to explode, emit a quick burst of burning light that blinds and disorients, emit a short electromagnetic burst that can scramble unshielded electronics, generate a spinning blade that can cut through virtually anything, or a neural scrambler than can affect a target’s brain synapses, freezing them in place for short periods. When pressed for time, Drac just throws a couple dozen discs without bothering to program them, and driven by his cybernetic strength, they can strike with considerable impact.

Under the Hood
In contrast to Gib, Corvus Drac is all gimmick, no substance. He's got trick-arrows (or disks, as it were), a ton of cybernetic upgrades, and he's also a total douchebag. He's a supercop who is on the take, dirty as they come, but flashy and charismatic enough that no one really suspects him. He is extremely capable in combat and in investigation, as well, which makes him a considerable threat to his colleagues.

Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Nobe Zydras]

Post by Yojimbo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:52 am

Nobe Zydras
Nobe Zydras is one of the most decorated officers in the Zäger Guild. He sold himself to the company for cybernetic conversion straight out of university, primarily as a means to cover his debt. Nobe proved resilient and bounced back from the surgery very quickly, and almost literally hit the ground running.

Nobe finds it difficult to slow down or shut off. He is always on the move or working a half dozen cases at once. Partly this is due to the nature of his implants, partly this is due to a natural inclination to be a workaholic, and partly this is due to a growing sense of regret for trading most of his body away when he was still a young man.

But that drive keeps Nobe on the ground, running down leads, investigating crimes, and collaring crooks. He has one of the most impressive arrest records in the Guild. He’s also putting away most of his paycheck so he can retire early and rebuild his natural body.
Abilities: STR: 22 (+6) DEX: 22 (+6) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 16 (+3) CHR: 14 (+2)
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+10)
Computers 12 (+14)
Diplomacy 4 (+6)
Disable Device 8 (+10)
Drive 4 (+10)
Gather Information 8 (+10)
Investigate 8 (+10)
Knowledge: Streetwise 4 (+6)
Knowledge: Technology 4 (+6)
Notice 8 (+11)
Pilot 4 (+10)
Search 8 (+10)
Sense Motive 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+10)
Connected
Contacts
Defensive Attack
Defensive Strike
Defensive Throw
Elusive Target
Evasion 2
Improved Block 2
Improved Critical [Strike 4]
Improved Throw
Instant Up
Monkey Climber
Power Attack
Takedown Attack 1
Unbalancing Strike
Well-Informed
Equipment 4 [Commlink, Handcuffs, Multi-Tool; Energy Disk]
Powers: “Energy Disk” Blast 8
  • AP: Strike 4 [Mighty]
“Cyber-Armor” Protection 8 [Impervious]

“Bionic Speed” Super-Speed 10 [Rapid Attack, Rapid Fire, Running Punch, Wall Run, Water Run]
Quickness 10 [2500x speed]
Speed 10 [10000 mph, 88000 ft./rnd]

Combat: Attack +12 [Blast DC 23, Strike DC 25, Unarmed DC 21], Defense +12, Init +6/+46
Saves: Toughness +10, Fortitude +6, Reflex +10, Will +8
Description: Nobe Zydras is a tall, long-limbed man in his early middle years. He has dark skin and pale eyes and he’s completely hairless, an odd side-effect of his cybernetic conversion. His arms, legs, and spine are completely artificial, as is part of his brain, while his vitals are protected by layers of cyber armor. Nobe’s strength and agility are boosted to peak human levels, but beyond that his cyborg body is built for speed. He can break the sound barrier just by running, and he’s fast enough to run up vertical surfaces or across liquids. His reaction time is instantaneous, and he can complete tedious tasks (like filing paperwork) in seconds. He carries a standard energy disk for weaponry, which can be used in close combat or thrown at range, as it is programmed to return to his hands.

Under the Hood
I struggled with this guy for a while. The two images, clearly of the same scene, were too evocative and cool looking to ignore, but sometimes I would just stare at them and try to come up with a hook beyond "cyber-cop," of whom I already had a decent number. Eventually I decided that the second image illustrated a speedster pretty well, and by that time I had already built the Arkos sisters (coming next), so the upper levels of cybernetic enhancement had become suitably high end, justifying a cyborg with Quicksilver-like running speed. Still, his background is pretty bare bones. I think Drac and Gib got the better backgrounds of the Guild, leaving poor Nobe as being pretty dull in contrast.

Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Nobe Zydras]

Post by Yojimbo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:55 am

There was an odd number of Guild agents, so I'm only posting one today. The Arkos sisters are next, and since there are two of them I'll be back to the two characters a day thing next time. Not that I've been posting daily, but I've been busy lately. Also, while I can hear you breathing, there's not a lot of chatter here - which is okay, I think my first post acknowledged this would be the case - but I don't feel obligated to keep a set schedule.

Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Thamaxtra Ki, Ursula Arkos]

Post by Yojimbo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:55 am

Thamaxtra Ki
The Arkos family is one of the wealthiest families on Zenith, which means they are one of the wealthiest families in the Covenant. The patriarch of the family, Altiss Arkos, is a cruel, harsh, and unforgiving man who controls the Arkos fortune with an iron fist. But he always doted on his two daughters, Thamaxtra and Ursula.

Both the girls were wild and carefree, spending money casually and without much regard. Thamaxtra, the oldest, married one of her father’s business partners, Ustiv Ki, a man cut very much from the same cloth as his idol, Altiss Arkos. It was not a happy marriage, but Thamaxtra and Ustiv were beginning to make a go of it, and there was talk of producing an heir. The two were accompanying a family cruise through the Hyades Sea when the ship was hijacked by the Black Hands Gang, and the passengers kidnapped and held for ransom. Rather than give in to demands, Altiss sent a crack squad of counterterrorist commandoes in to rescue his family. It did not go well. Most of the family was killed in the crossfire, or when the hijackers made good on their threats, or through the incompetence of the commandoes. Altiss’ wife, Thamaxtra’s husband, Ursula’s boyfriend, and various aunts, uncles, cousins, and hangers-on died in the conflagration. Thamaxtra herself suffered grievous burns over 90% of her body, and Ursula was similarly crippled. The sisters barely survived.

Altiss, in his anger and grief, spent a planet’s fortune on rebuilding his daughters. Two years of successive operations repaired and replaced lost organs, bone, and flesh. Another year of therapy was spent acclimating to their rebuilt bodies and the excessive abilities that Altiss had paid to be built into them. Both Thamaxtra and her sister had been transformed into powerful posthumans, two of the highest functioning and most expensively maintained cyborgs in the entire Covenant.

Both Thamaxtra and Ursula were changed by their experience. Thamaxtra, spoiled rich girl, better at parties and gambling than relationships or discipline, mourned the loss of her husband, and the deaths of her family and friends. She had to work through a great deal of hatred and resentment for her father, and find a reason to accept the changes in her body and to continue living. Eventually she decided to become a crime fighter, to use her amazing enhancements in the service of the people of Zenith, to ensure that no one else would have to suffer a tragedy like hers.

Thamaxtra has become distant and estranged from her father and Zenith society. She now associates with police guilds, criminals, tech heads, and the downtrodden. She still spends excessive amounts of money, but no longer for her own pleasure, rather to support food kitchens, drug rehabilitation centers, homeless shelters, and philanthropic endeavors for the victims of violent crime. In her spare time, she takes to the skies and the streets, saving lives and punishing the guilty. She still hasn’t found peace, but maybe someday she will.
Abilities: STR: 14/34 (+2/+12) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 14/34 (+2/+12) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 10/26 (-/+8) CHR: 18 (+4)
Skills: Bluff 4 (+8)
Diplomacy 4 (+8)
Gamble 4 (+12)
Intimidate 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Civics 4 (+6)
Knowledge: Popular Culture 8 (+10)
Knowledge: Technology 8 (+10)
Notice 4 (+12)
Sense Motive 4 (+12)
Attractive 1
Benefit: Important Family [Arkos Family]
Benefit: Wealth 10
Improved Initiative 1
Interpose
Power Attack
Powers: “Boosted Reflexes” Container (Passive) 9
Enhanced Reflex 5
Flight 15 [500,000 mph, 4,400,000 ft./rnd; Dynamic]
  • DAP: Quickness 15 [routine tasks 100,000x speed]
  • AP: Space Travel 1 [1x light speed]
  • AP: Speed 15 [500,000 mph, 4,400,000 ft./rnd]
“Computer Mind” Container (Passive) 4
Enhanced Feats 4 [Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-All-Trades]
Enhanced Wisdom 16

“Cybernetic Body” Container (Passive) 9
Enhanced STR 20
Super-Strength 10 [Heavy Load: 1.4k tons; Bracing, Countering Punch, Groundstrike, Shockwave]

“Cybernetic Endurance”
Enhanced CON 20
Enhanced Feats 2 [Endurance 1, Rapid Healing]
Immunity 11 [Life Support, Critical Hits]
Impervious Toughness 12

“Cyborg Mind” Container (Passive) 5
Enhanced Attack 5
Enhanced Will 5
Impervious Will 10

Combat: Attack +7/+12 [Unarmed DC 27], Defense +12, Init +6
Saves: Toughness +12, Fortitude +14, Reflex +6/+11, Will +10/+15
Drawbacks: Normal Identity: Key Activation [Uncommon, Major]
Description: Thamaxtra is a beautiful woman in her late twenties with long brown hair, warm brown eyes, and a stunning smile. She looks fully human despite her cybernetics, another benefit of being one of the wealthiest people in the galaxy. But when she speaks the command word (a code that she changes regularly), her human façade vanishes and her enhancements become obvious and active. Her skin, hair, and eyes turn electric blue, edged with black metal plates and circuitry. She is superhumanly strong, durable, and fast when her powers are triggered, gaining enhanced fighting ability, resistance to mental attacks, and computerized reflexes and speed. With her organics safely encased, she is no longer affected by environmental extremes and can exist unharmed even in the void of outer space. The grav drive in her abdomen also activates, giving her the ability to fly at supersonic speeds, or even match the speed of spaceships moving within a star system. While her senses are not enhanced, her cybernetic brain does catalogue everything around her, and the processing speed of her internal computers grants her extraordinary awareness and insight into her surroundings.

Under the Hood
Flying brick as bionic hero. Cybernetics are obviously rather advanced in the Covenant, allowing human beings to basically approach Kryptonian levels of power. The Arkos sisters are pretty much the apex of technological achievement for this universe, which is more a measure of their family's wealth than anything else. The Machine Worlds have champions who surpass these two women, but there aren't many within Covenant space who can boast their level of power just from cybernetics.

Thamaxtra is deliberately a very superhero-y kind of character, existing in a world that is basically capitalism run wild, where even the police are privately funded. She is entirely altruistic (in part because she can afford to be) but at the same time fundamentally broken. Altruism is her way to process her trauma.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Thamaxtra Ki, Ursula Arkos]

Post by Yojimbo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:06 am

Ursula Arkos
Between the Arkos girls, Ursula was always the wildest, which is saying a lot. While they were both party girls, drug users, and gamblers, Ursula always took it to too far, to the extreme. Being an Arkos, however, she never really had to pay the price herself. Her friends, flunkies, and hangers-on always ended up with the short end of the stick instead. Even when she acquired an addiction to a rare kthunian drug, Ursula was able to afford the expensive cleansing program that flushed her system and repaired the cellular damage. She came out of it without a physical or psychological dependency on the drug.

Ursula believed herself untouchable. But then she fell in with some underworld figures who were rougher than she was used to, the Black Hands. She got in deep, and wasn’t able to easily extricate herself. Blackmailed, fearing that her father would cut off her trust fund, she gave in to their demands. Ursula gave them the itinerary for the cruise ship that she and her family were taking through the Hyades Sea. She even facilitated their boarding of the ship, by arranging for a mechanical malfunction in the engine.

What happened next staggered her. Her family was wiped out, her boyfriend killed. The ship destroyed. Herself crippled. But her father rebuilt her, pouring money and technology into reconstructing both his daughters. It took two years of operations and the finest cybertechnicians and doctors in the galaxy, but at last Ursula and Thamaxtra returned to life. Healthier, stronger, more capable than ever before.

The trauma of the attack, the threat of cyberpsychosis, and the crushing guilt for her own involvement in the tragedy, finally broke Ursula. She went a little mad. She tracked down every member of the Black Hand Gang she could find and tore them apart, limb from limb. A power vacuum in the underworld formed, and Ursula decided to fill it. With her sister Thamaxtra setting herself up as some kind of paladin or paragon, Ursula has decided to follow the opposite path. Consumed by self-loathing and self-destruction, she is deliberately setting herself on a path that will lead her to direct conflict with her sister. In so doing, she will invite the punishment that she believes she deserves.
Abilities: STR: 14/34 (+2/+12) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 14/34 (+2/+12) INT: 16 (+3) WIS: 10/26 (-/+8) CHR: 16 (+3)
Bluff 12 (+15)
Computers 16 (+19)
Intimidate 8 (+11)
Knowledge: Behavioral Science 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Business 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Streetwise 8 (+11)
Notice 4 (+12)
Sense Motive 4 (+12)
Agonizing Strike
Attractive 1
Benefit: Important Family [Arkos Family]
Benefit: Wealth 10
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Trick
Power Attack
Redirect
Taunt
Powers: “Boosted Reflexes” Container (Passive) 9
Enhanced Reflex 5
Flight 15 [500,000 mph, 4,400,000 ft./rnd; Dynamic]
  • DAP: Quickness 15 [routine tasks 100,000x speed]
  • AP: Space Travel 1 [1x light speed]
  • AP: Speed 15 [500,000 mph, 4,400,000 ft./rnd]
“Computer Mind” Container (Passive) 4
Enhanced Feats 4 [Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Eidetic Memory, Jack-of-All-Trades]
Enhanced Wisdom 16

“Cybernetic Body” Container (Passive) 9
Enhanced STR 20
Super-Strength 10 [Heavy Load: 1.4k tons; Bracing, Countering Punch, Groundstrike, Shockwave]

“Cybernetic Endurance”
Enhanced CON 20
Enhanced Feats 2 [Endurance 1, Rapid Healing]
Immunity 11 [Life Support, Critical Hits]
Impervious Toughness 12

“Cyborg Mind” Container (Passive) 5
Enhanced Attack 5
Enhanced Will 5
Impervious Will 10

Combat: Attack +7/+12 [Unarmed DC 27], Defense +12, Init +8
Saves: Toughness +12, Fortitude +13, Reflex +7/+12, Will +8/+13
Drawbacks: Normal Identity: Key Activation [Uncommon, Major]
Description: A pretty, thin, attractive blonde woman with short, stylishly cut hair and normally vacuous blue eyes, always wearing the latest and most expensive fashions. She looks fully human despite her cybernetics, another benefit of being one of the wealthiest people in the galaxy. But when she speaks the command word (a code that she changes regularly), her human façade vanishes and her enhancements become obvious and active. Her skin, hair, and eyes turn a glowing violet, edged with black metal plates and circuitry. She is superhumanly strong, durable, and fast when her powers are triggered, gaining enhanced fighting ability, resistance to mental attacks, and computerized reflexes and speed. With her organics safely encased, she is no longer affected by environmental extremes and can exist unharmed even in the void of outer space. The grav drive in her abdomen also activates, giving her the ability to fly at supersonic speeds, or even match the speed of spaceships moving within a star system. While her senses are not enhanced, her cybernetic brain does catalogue everything around her, and the processing speed of her internal computers grants her extraordinary awareness and insight into her surroundings.

Under the Hood
An identical build to her sister, but with very different motivations. Ursula is just as broken as her sister, but she is further driven by guilt. She's gone further than Thamaxtra could in an attempt to find peace, but she's on a path that can only lead to ruin.

As with all the other characters in Covenant, the art came first. I had to think of a way to link the two of these characters together since they were conceived as a pair. I gave them the same powers, but I figured I'd go with the "evil twin" for the second one. Although, Ursula is probably more like one of those ultraviolent anti-hero duplicates from 90s comics than a true evil twin. Still, it wouldn't take much for Ursula to go complete super-villain.

The two of them represent a kind of wild card faction on Zenith. Most of the characters are criminals of one kind or another, with just a few law enforcement officers delineated. But Thamaxtra and Ursula exist outside that traditional cops & robbers dynamic, meaning they have the potential to tip the scales in a given direction.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Zetel Talari, Taxilbican Kemfurset]

Post by Yojimbo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:58 am

The Syndicate

Zetel Talari
One of the most feared beings on the planet, Zetel Talari is the chief enforcer for the Syndicate, the organized criminal family that controls most of the underworld on Zenith. Talari was a downsider raised in the slums, whose unusual size and strength gave her a slight edge among the rest of the urchins. This brought her to the attention of the underground fighting circuit, and she was taken in by a trainer, who brutalized her while also training her to become a vicious killer. From the age of sixteen, she carved her way through the fighting circuit, leaving a string of cripples and corpses in her wake, until she was snatched up the Syndicate at the age of 21. Outfitted with a fearsome suit and weapon, she became an even more accomplished killer. There are few who can stand before her, and she remains fanatically loyal to her masters in the Syndicate, as they were the first beings to ever treat her with a shred of respect or dignity.

Smart, capable, and brutal, Teleri rose through the Syndicate’s ranks until she achieved the status of chief enforcer. A whirlwind of death, there are few who can oppose her, and even fewer who wish to try. Most police guilds have a standing protocol to flee if she ever appears on the scene.
PL: 14
Abilities: STR: 18/30 (+4/+10) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 16/26 (+3/+8) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 16 (+3)
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+10)
Bluff 8 (+11)
Computers 16 (+18)
Diplomacy 4 (+7)
Intimidate 12 (+15)
Notice 4 (+6)
Stealth 12 (+14)
Feats: Agonizing Strike
All-Out Attack
Crippling Blow
Dedication: The Syndicate
Defensive Strike
Elusive Target
Fearsome Presence 5
Finishing Blow
Follow-Up Strike
Improved Initiative 1
Move-By Action
Passing Attack
Power Attack
Precise Strike
Quick Draw 1
Sweeping Strike
Powers: “Cyborg” Container, Passive 5
Enhanced CON 10
Enhanced STR 12
Speed 3 [50 mph, 440 ft/rnd]

“Quantum Scythe” Device 7 [Easy to Lose; Only She Can Use It]
Strike 14 [Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Reach 1, Variable Descriptor (Technological); Penetrating]
  • AP: “Scything Blast” Blast 11 [Cone Area]
  • AP: “Quantum Cutter” Corrosion 10 [Extended Reach 1]
“Reaper Suit” Device 5 [Hard to Lose]
“Armor” Protection 6 [Impervious]
“Cyberspace Access” Datalink 3 [Radio (1000 ft.), Cyberspace]
“Kinetic Boots” Leaping 3 [Running Jump: 200 ft., Standing Jump: 100 ft., High Jump: 50 ft.]
“Sealed Systems” Immunity 6 [Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (Drowning)]

Combat: Attack +14 [Blast DC 26, Corrosion DC 20/25, Strike DC 29, Unarmed DC 25], Defense +12, Init +6
Saves: Toughness +8/14, Fortitude +12, Reflex +8, Will +10
Description: Tall, well-muscled, and covered in scars and tattoos, Zetel Talari looks like a living weapon. She keeps her black hair short, shaved close to her skull, and her cybernetic enhancements, forced on her as a youth in the fighting circuit, are primarily subdermal and physical in nature. She likes black leather, and always has a weapon or two close at hand. Talari moves like a big cat, with a predatory gleam in her dark eyes that never softens. She is rarely seen in person, however, preferring to don the mantle of her station, a formfitting power suit all in black, with violet edging and lighting. It is equipped with a hood and cloak, which largely hide her masked features, and provides her with complete environmental protection, body armor, a link to Zenith’s cybernet, and the ability to make boosted jumps across great distances. Her primary weapon is a long handled scythe, genetically coded to function only for her, equipped with a monomolecular edge and enhanced with nanomachines that can adapt its cutting surface for a variety of effects. The nanites can also be used to burn through solids with a swipe. With a flick of a button and a sweeping motion with the scythe, Talari can unleash a wave of cutting energy that widens its effect the further away it gets.

Under the Hood
So, the Syndicate. Basically the flipside of Zenith's world government, an underworld organization that really runs things. And to keep order, they need their enforcers, champions, and agents. Telari is one of their best, a human shark. All she does is eat and kill. And she's very good at killing.

When I was doing the Hypernauts, I mentioned that I wasn't doing the Fearsome Five, but that Zenith would have someone who approximated the Persuader. And this is her. She's basically designed to be able to give one of the flying bricks in the setting a hard time. The gang from the Guild would have a hard time dealing with her.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Zetel Talari, Taxilbican Kemfurset]

Post by Yojimbo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:07 am

Taxilbican Kemfürset
Taxilbican used to be with the Black Hand, but when that organization fell apart under the onslaught of Ursula Arkos, he went further underground and tried to hide. But he had always been a sadistic, twisted and brutal man and he couldn’t stay in hiding very long. He surfaced in the employ of the Syndicate, finding employment as one of their enforcers. It is work that serves Taxilbican well. He likes breaking legs, snapping spines, and torture of all kinds. The Syndicate gives him license to satisfy his dark impulses and appetites, and they also pay him handsomely to do it.
Abilities: STR: 22 (+6) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 16 (+3)
Climb 4 (+10)
Computers 12 (+14)
Disable Device 12 (+14)
Drive 4 (+8)
Escape Artist 4 (+11)
Gather Information 4 (+7)
Intimidate 8 (+11)
Knowledge: Art 4 (+6)
Knowledge: 8 (+10)
Notice 4 (+6)
Pilot 4 (+8)
Stealth 8 (+12)
Attack Flurry 1 [Strike]
Defensive Strike
Follow-Up Strike
Improved Concealment
Improved Initiative 2
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Equipment 4 [Energy Disk]
Powers: “Cybernetic Conversion” Container, Passive 12
“Bionic Limbs” Elongation 3 [25 ft., range incre 30 ft., +3 Escape & Grapple]
“Bionic Speed” Speed 6 [500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd.]
“Cyber Armor” Protection 9
“Cyber Claws” Strike 6 [Penetrating, Affects Insubstantial 2, Incurable, Mighty]
“Dampening Field” Darkness Control 10 [Partial, Limited (Electric Lights)]
“Grav Boots” Super-Movement 8 [Perfect Balance, Sure-Footed 4, Wall-Crawling 2, Water Walking]
“Implanted Eyes” Super-Senses 4 [Darkvision, Infravision, Low-light Vision]

“Nano Doc” Regeneration 18 [Diehard, Recovery Bonus +3, Bruised 3, Disabled 3, Injured 3, Staggered 3, Unconscious 3]

“Energy Disk” Blast 8 [Accurate, Homing 1, Ricochet 2]

Combat: Attack +12 [Blast +14 DC 23, Strike DC 27, Unarmed DC 21], Defense +12, Init +12
Saves: Toughness +12, Fortitude +7, Reflex +8, Will +9
Description: Taxilbican Kemfürset is a heavily modified cybernetic being, looking more artificial than human at this point. He finds biologic needs to be a distraction and has worked to minimize their effect on him. All of his limbs and most of his trunk have been replaced by bionics, as well as his eyes and a substantial amount of his organs. His body is a matte black in color edged with a sickly, neon green, and he usually masks his features under a hood and cloak. His limbs can extend out to a range of about 25 ft, or propel him at sub-sonic speeds. Grav tech built into his feet allows him to run along walls or across water, and keeps him upright even in difficult terrain. His artificial eyes can adjust to any level of light or even pick up body heat, and he does love to watch that fade as his victims die. He can generate a dampening field that shuts down electrical lights in a wide area, allowing him to move all but invisibly as he hunts. Nano machines filling his bloodstream can rebuild any part of him that takes damage, including the artificial parts.

While Taxilbican carries the standard Zenith sidearm, the energy disk, he prefers the up-close and personal satisfaction that comes from using the bionic claws implanted in his hands. Carving up his victims is the most pleasurable part of his job.

Under the Hood
Basically, a monster. He's got a mix of abilities that make him a stealthy hunter, like a cross between Batman and Wolverine. There's not much left to him that's human.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: The Covenant [Zenith; Ridder Aypara, Tarmak Mergenci]

Post by Yojimbo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 am

Ridder Aypara
A high-ranking lieutenant in the Syndicate, Aypara is a scientist, a psionic, and a sadist. Ridder was born into the Syndicate, and grew up with the criminal lifestyle. His father, a gifted scientist in his own right, used experimental drugs on his only son, designed to unlock and augment the boy’s natural psionic potential. The drugs worked only too well, and Ridder developed a powerful telekinetic talent. He first unleashed these abilities on his father, in revenge for the abuse he suffered as a boy.

Rather than angering the Syndicate, the criminal overlords recognized Ridder’s potential. They looked after him, supplied him with money and property, allowed him to explore and refine his gifts. Ridder responded well to the attention, and grew into his role as an enforcer and thug rather quickly. His skills and abilities served him well, and he rose through the ranks quickly.

Ridder inherited his father’s lab, and tinkers with designer drugs which the Syndicate peddles to wealthy clients. Beyond that, his formidable abilities make him a powerful asset to the Syndicate, and he is trusted and well regarded by those in power. How little they understand him.
Abilities: STR: 14 (+2) DEX: 16 (+3) CON: 18 (+4) INT: 18 (+4) WIS: 18 (+4) CHR: 14 (+2)
Skills: Bluff 12 (+14)
Concentration 8 (+12)
Craft: Chemical 4 (+8)
Diplomacy 4 (+6)
Drive 4 (+7)
Intimidate 8 (+10)
Knowledge: Behavioral Science 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Life Science 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Physical Science 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Technology 4 (+8)
Notice 4 (+8)
Pilot 4 (+7)
Sense Motive 4 (+8)
Stealth 8 (+11)
Feats: Defensive Roll 2
Distract [Bluff]
Distract [Intimidate]
Fascinate [Bluff]
Low Profile 3
Quick Change 1
Equipment 6 [Moon Armor (Protection 6, Impervious); Stealth Attack Helicopter]
Powers: “Molecular Rearrangement” Telekinesis 11 [STR 55, Damaging, Perception, Precise, Area (Perception)]
  • AP: “Mass Hypnosis” Mind Control 11 [Cone Area, Reversible]
  • AP: “Telelocation” Teleport 11 [1100 ft./2 million miles; Progression: Mass 3, Attack (Reflex), Range 2 (Perception)]
  • AP: “Transformation” Snare 11 [Reversible, Alternate Save (Fortitude), Range 1 (Perception)]
  • AP: “Translocation” Teleport 11 [Easy, Progression: Mass 1, Accurate]
  • AP: “Transmutation” Transform 8 [Solids into Solids; Duration 1 (Continuous), Range 1 (Perception)]

Combat:
Attack +10 [Mind Control DC 21, Telekinesis DC 26, Teleport DC 21, Snare DC 21, Transform DC 18, Unarmed DC 17], Defense +10, Init +3
Saves: Toughness +4/+12, Fortitude +8, Reflex +10, Will +12
Description: Thin and spare, pale with short dark hair and a neatly trimmed mustache, Ridder Aypara is physically unremarkable. He has a magnetic personality, and enormous blue eyes that miss little and command attention. He dresses well, and usually has a variety of chemicals (mostly illegal) on hands at all times. The Aypara family crest is a crescent of Zenith’s moon, Apex, and he usually wears the image on his person in one form or another. When called upon to act directly in Syndicate business, Ridder usually dresses himself in a suit of black armor, edged in white, with the crescent Apex emblazoned across the chest plate. A white hooded cloak completes the outfit, which he believes looks dramatic and menacing as it swirls around his body. A powerful telekinetic, Ridder can rearrange molecules for a variety of effects. He can simply move or damage matter with his mind, teleport himself across vast distances, or rearrange an opponent’s molecules and hurl them across space. He can alter perceptions, making even crowds of people believe what he wants them to believe, or alter the composition of most solids. Most of these he can do at will, with no more than a glance.

Under the Hood
Aypara is there to mix things up a bit with some high-end psychic abilities, rather than just resorting to cybernetic threat. I'm not all that thrilled with the Moon Knight image, especially how it doubles for some reason, but I think it gets the point across.