The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [On the Trail of the Pumpkin King]

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: Atomic Rampage!

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Atomic Rampage!

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Yojimbo wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:14 am Kraken
One of the few living Lemurians left on Earth, the being known as Kraken has spent most of the last few thousand years in a state of suspended animation in a tomb at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. He was accidentally awakened by a battle near the end of WWII.

Kraken adapted slowly to the new world he discovered in the ocean and on the surface. He used his magic to sequester himself away and study humanity. Then he began to search out the legacy of Lemuria, focusing his initial search on the seven crown jewels of the fallen kingdom. He found only one, and absorbed it into himself, gaining great power to bolster his own mystic abilities. He seeks the other six crown jewels (and other lost Lemurian treasures) and is severely displeased that three of the royal artifacts are in the possession of modern humans. He has tried to take them on several occasions, but been rebuffed time and again. Should he find any of the other jewels, however, the balance of power could easily shift.
PL: 13
Abilities: STR: 14/38 (+14) DEX: 10 (-) CON: 14/26 (+8) INT: 20 (+5) WIS: 22 (+6) CHR: 10 (-)
Skills: Bluff 8
Concentration 12 (+18)
Intimidate 12 (+18)
Knowledge: Arcane Lore 12 (+17)
Knowledge: Earth Science 4 (+9)
Knowledge: Life Science 4 (+9)
Knowledge: Physical Science 4 (+9)
Medicine 4 (+10)
Notice 8 (+14)
Search 4 (+9)
Sense Motive 4 (+10)
Survival 8 (+14)
Swim 6
Feats: Ambidexterity
Artificer
Distract (Intimidate)
Environmental Adaptation [Underwater]
Favored Environment [Underwater]
Improvised Tools
Master Plan
Power Attack
Trance
Improved Grapple
Powers: Additional Limbs 3 [Improved Grapple]
Force Field 8 [Impervious]
Growth 12 [+24 STR, +12 CON, +3 size categories]
Immunity 4 [Aging, Cold, High Pressure, Drowning]
“Lemurian Wizardry” Transform 12 [Sea Creatures into Sea Monsters, Duration (Continuous)]
  • AP: Life Control 12
  • AP: Morph 6 [Broad Group (Humanoids), +30 Disguise]
  • AP: “Mystic Blast” Blast 12
  • AP: Shape Matter 12
  • AP: “Summon Artifacts” Create Object 12 [Movable, Progression Object Size 2]
Combat: Attack + 10 [Transform DC 22, Life Control DC 22, Blast DC 27, Unarmed DC 29], Defense +10, Init +0
Saves: Toughness +2/+8/16, Fortitude +12, Reflex +6, Will +14
Description: Although the last living Lemurian, Kraken has mutated over time, due to the influence of the jewel in his possession and the corruption of Lemurian magical practices. Too much magical manipulation has made his skin grow purplish and rubbery, his eyes have grown large and orange with octopus-like pupils, and his limbs have become weirdly flexible, almost but not quite like an octopus or squid. In addition, he possesses four elongated tentacles that project from his trunk. Kraken is tall and thin, clad in flowing robes and silver jewelry. The jewel in his chest, an amethyst the size of a fist, allows Kraken to grow to a height of forty feet and to sheathe himself in a field of protective, violet energy.

His own magical talents are formidable, and like most Lemurian magic focuses on the manipulation and mutation of life. He can, with a touch, transform any creature native to salt water in a huge, bipedal monster under his control. He can alter his own appearance, or make others weaken and sicken simply by focusing his will. With another spell Kraken can alter the fabric of solid matter, shaping inanimate objects as easily as he creates his monsters. One of his most formidable abilities is the power to summon ancient Lemurian structures out of thin air; statues, walls, carts, and the like, which he can also cause to move or even fly.

Under the Hood
Hey, a bad guy! The first of many, I promise. I spend the most energy coming up with villains, and antagonists definitely outnumber the protagonists in all of my settings. A good hero needs a rogue's gallery to help make their adventures compelling, after all.

Anyone else remember the Krakentua from the 2nd Edition D&D Monstrous Manual, Kara-Tur edition? A gargantua with the head of a kraken who was also a wizard - that's the basic idea here. Kraken is meant to be able to give any one of the Titans a hard time, even if he's not quite as big and strong as Titan, especially when he surrounds himself with Transformed sea life. Since the effect is Continuous, he could theoretically create as many monsters as he wants before assaulting the surface world (i.e., Hawaii), but with game balance and issue, there's probably only a few minion type creatures at his beck and call at any given time.

That makes four of the Lemurian crown jewels accounted for, which leaves three still floating around in the setting. As of this writing, I still haven't decided what I'm going to do about those. They will undoubtedly continue the elemental theme, bestowing powers derived from Air, Fire, and... Plants (maybe), as well as the growth and durability. Wherever they are, though, Kraken is going to be looking for them. And if he gets his tentacles on them, his power will only become scarier.
All I can say is...FHTHAGHN!
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Yojimbo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:17 am
Hoid wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 am All I can say is...FHTHAGHN!
The awful thing is that I wasn't consciously aping the Big C, and now that you've pointed it out I am thoroughly embarrassed I didn't see it myself!
Ah, don’t sweat it! I took the entire Cthulhu Mythos and turned them into invaders of the Forever Tree from the Beyond. Cthulhu is too awesome not to use!
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Hoid

Post by Hoid »

In my personal Forgotten Realms games, I have Cthulhu being the progenitor of the illithid and neothelid races.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »