The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [On the Trail of the Pumpkin King]

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: Los Dorados [The Maksimov Family]

Post by Yojimbo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:13 am

Ninja
The Akiyama clan and the Oshiro clan have been intertwined for generations. When Shiro Hideyoshi came to Lose Dorados to take over the Yakuza operations in the city, he brought with him a cadre of Akiyama ninja. These shadow warriors have proved his greatest asset and not so secret weapon, a highly trained group of spies and killers that Shiro is not afraid to unleash upon anyone who displeases him. The original five ninja have expanded over the years, as more Akiyama members have immigrated to the US and set up shop in Los Dorados.
PL: 7
Abilities: STR: 12 (+1) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 12 (+1) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 10 (-)
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Climb 4 (+5)
Computers 4 (+5)
Concentration 8 (+10)
Craft: Mechanical 4 (+5)
Disable Device 8 (+9)
Disguise 4
Drive 4 (+8)
Escape Artist 8 (+12)
Gather Information 4
Handle Animal 4
Intimidate 8
Knowledge: Current Events 4 (+5)
Knowledge: Streetwise 4 (+5)
Knowledge: Tactics 4 (+5)
Medicine 4 (+6)
Notice 8 (+10)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 12 (+16)
Swim 4 (+5)
Feats: Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 3
Improved Block 2
Improved Disarm 1
Improved Sunder
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Skill Mastery [Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Stealth]
Startle
Track
Trance
Equipment 13 [Cell Phone, Multi-Tool, Vehicle: Motorcycle; Bow, Chain, Nunchaku, Shuriken, Sniper Rifle, Submachine Gun, Sword, Undercover Shirt]
Combat: Attack +5 [Bow DC 19, Chain DC 18, Nunchaku DC 18, Shuriken DC 17, Sniper Rifle DC 20, Submachine Gun DC 19, Sword DC 19, Unarmed DC 16], Defense +5, Init +4
Saves: Toughness +2/+7, Fortitude +5, Reflex +8, Will +6
Description: The Akiyama ninja are a diverse lot, boasting members who are both men and women (as opposed to the mostly chauvinistic Yakuza). They are all Japanese, and some few of them have become naturalized US citizens since first arriving. In excellent shape, practiced at subterfuge and misdirection, the Akiyama mostly disdain the traditional “black pajamas” for clothes and disguises that allow them to easily blend in to the general population of Los Dorados. They are trained in the ancient ways of hand to hand combat and stealthy murder via bow, blade, poison, or chain, but they have adapted to the modern era and make use of sniper rifles and submachine guns as well. Quiet, calm, cool, and murderous, the ninja are the elite of the Yakuza forces in Los Dorados.

Under the Hood
What's a superhero vigilante crime setting without guys in black outfits waving swords around? Nothing, I sez! Ninjas and vigilantes go together like peanut butter and chocolate. So, even considering the Law of Inverse Ninjas, as well as the fact that these guys are technically Mooks, I'd recommend not making them Mooks. Let the heroes mow through Toughs and other low-PL threats, but let the ninjas actually provide some kind of challenge. Let them be elite if faceless antagonists who require a little more effort to deal with. I know, Wolverine and Daredevil tend to mow through these guys, but the Hand are a joke. Ninjas are much more effective (even scary!) if they don't go down with one punch.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: Los Dorados [Yakuza]

Post by Yojimbo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Cyber-Ninja
The elite of the elite are those among the Akiyama who have undergone cybernetic conversion, enhancing their physical abilities to become something more (and less) than human. Muscle and bone are replaced with ceramics and steel, boosting strength and reaction time, while other enhancements provide the ninja with low-grade superhuman abilities. There are only four cyber-ninja in Los Dorados at any given time, and although they are the deadliest and most accomplished shadow warriors in the city, they rarely see action. The investment they represent, in training and technology, means that Shiro cannot afford to lose a single one. He tends to deploy them only when success is guaranteed.

The individuals who make up the Yakuza’s cyber-team frequently rotate between the US and Japan, rarely staying in one location longer than six months. Los Dorados is intended as a training ground for the agents, and Shiro’s reluctance to make use of them is beginning to annoy the higher-ups in the Oshiro clan.
PL: 9
Abilities: STR: 12/24 (+1/+7) DEX: 18/24 (+4/+7) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 12 (+1) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 10 (-)
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+15)
Climb 4 (+11)
Computers 12 (+13)
Concentration 8 (+10)
Craft: Mechanical 4 (+5)
Disable Device 8 (+9)
Disguise 4
Drive 4 (+11)
Escape Artist 8 (+15)
Gather Information 4
Handle Animal 4
Intimidate 8
Knowledge: Current Events 4 (+5)
Knowledge: Streetwise 4 (+5)
Knowledge: Tactics 4 (+5)
Medicine 4 (+6)
Notice 8 (+10)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+11)
Stealth 12 (+19)
Swim 4 (+11)
Feats: Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 3
Improved Block 2
Improved Disarm 1
Improved Sunder
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Skill Mastery [Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Stealth]
Startle
Track
Trance
Equipment 3 [Cell Phone, Multi-Tool, Vehicle: Compact Car]
Powers: Blast 8
  • AP: Strike 3 [Mighty]
Datalink 4 [Radio, 1 mile]
Enhanced DEX 6
Enhanced STR 12
Immunity 7 [Critical Hits, Environmental Conditions (All)]
Protection 5 [Impervious]
Super-Senses 4 [Darkvision, Low-light Vision, Ultra-Hearing]
Combat: Attack +8 [Blast DC 23, Strike DC 25 (19-20), Unarmed DC 22], Defense +8, Init +7
Saves: Toughness +7/+10, Fortitude +8, Reflex +11, Will +6
Description: The cyber-ninja are Japanese men and women of exceptional athletic ability, further enhanced by artificial means. They always dress head to toe, even on the hottest days of the year, in an effort to obscure their obvious mechanical body parts. On the whole, the cyber-ninja are gifted with boosted strength and agility, while sub-dermal armor plates protect vital parts of their anatomy from attack, making them at least bullet-proof. Their hardy frames and enhanced bodies ignore temperature and other environmental extremes. Artificial eyes, usually hidden behind sunglasses, allow them to see perfectly in the dark or in partial light. Enhanced hearing allows them to pick up tones that normal humans cannot hear, while they also possess internal wi-fi that allows the computers in their brains (which co-ordinate their artificial systems) to link to any computer network within a mile of their present location. Their left forearm conceals a high powered laser which can be used to deadly effect, while the right forearm houses a retractable razor sharp blade. They are accompanied wherever they go with a slight scent of ozone, a side effect of their internal power systems.

Under the Hood
Where there are ninja, bionic ninja cannot be far behind, at least in a superhero setting. These guys are still faceless goons, but even if one is inclined to make the regular ninjas mooks, the cyber-ninjas should definitely not be. They are rare enough due to the amount of yen that goes into building one, and also the elite of the elite, that one cyber-ninja should be able to hold his or her own against a superhero for more than a few rounds.

These guys are mostly just to give the Yakuza the requisite edge in the setting to justify the Skull's treatment of them. They have a much better deal than the Tongs and the Mafiya, and it's pretty much because they have access to the cybernetic assassins - and a direct line to a much larger organization back in Japan. Two things!

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Mr. Shiro
Shiro Hideyoshi is an ambitious oyabun from Japan who campaigned hard to take over the American operation. He was granted it eventually, based entirely upon his elaborate plans and promises of huge profits. So far, the former has delivered on the latter and he remains in power. One misstep could cost him, however, and so he plays a very careful game. He and Hector Diaz see eye to eye on many things, which is why the Yakuza remains in a position of power within the Los Dorados underworld. Shiro doesn’t mind being subservient to Diaz – he would expect the opposite if Diaz ever had the temerity to expand his operations into Japan – and the Yakuza make such a tidy profit that even after kicking back the nominal amount the Skulls demand as tithe, Shiro has become a very rich man.
PL: 6
Abilities: STR: 14 (+2) DEX: 16 (+3) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 18 (+4) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 18 (+4)
Skills: Bluff 4 (+8)
Climb 4 (+6)
Computers 8 (+12)
Concentration 4 (+6)
Diplomacy 8 (+12)
Drive 4 (+7)
Gather Information 4 (+8)
Intimidate 4 (+8)
Investigate 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Art 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Current Events 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Popular Culture 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Tactics 4 (+8)
Knowledge: Technology 4 (+8)
Notice 4 (+6)
Search 4 (+8)
Sense Motive 4 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+7)
Survival 4 (+6)
Swim 4 (+6)
Feats: Attractive 1
Connected
Contacts
Diehard
Eidetic Memory
Evasion 1
Fascinate [Diplomacy]
Improved Disarm 1
Luck 2
Uncanny Dodge 1 [Hearing]
Well-Informed
Equipment 6 [Cell Phone, Mini-Tracer, Vehicle: Yacht; Custom Machine Pistol (Masterwork Weapon, Suppressor), Knife, Tactical Vest]
Combat:
Attack +6 [Custom Machine Pistol +7 DC 18, Knife DC 18, Unarmed DC 17], Defense +6, Init +3
Saves: Toughness +2/+6, Fortitude +7, Reflex +8, Will +7
Description: A wiry Japanese man of medium height, Shiro is devastatingly handsome, with a charming smile and a twinkle in his dark eyes. He has an easy, effortless charisma and a natural leadership ability. People just sort of trust him, and women in particularly find him irresistible. Shiro is a snappy dresser, always in impeccably clean and pressed whites, down to his shoes and tie. He’s a perfect social chameleon and speaks English without a trace of an accent. He rules his criminal organization from the deck of his luxury yacht or the golf course. He keeps a custom modified submachine gun the size of a pistol with him at all times, but considers his cell phone his most invaluable tool and weapon. He rarely goes anywhere without at least one of the cyber-ninja at his side.

Under the Hood
Shiro is a low-level skill monkey and master planner. Not much in a straight-up fight, but he avoids those like the plague anyway. He is dangerous because of who he knows, not because of what he can do. And hey, at least he's a young guy instead of an evil grandfather.

Despite maintaining their headquarters in Los Dorados, the Yakuza doesn't confine its operations to that city. That's another reason why the Skull deals with them differently than the other gangs. The Yakuza have operations all along the West Coast, mostly gambling and prostitution, some drugs and arms dealing, but Mr. Shiro is getting into the lucrative assassination business, which has the potential to become an international concern. Good for and adventure with a little change of scenery.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 am

The Zoo Crew
A criminal quartet, the Zoo Crew is made up of former gang members who happened to be visiting the Los Dorados Zoo when the Genesys Bomb went off. All four found themselves reacting to the effects of the bomb, bonding with nearby animals and taking on their characteristics, although exaggerated well beyond natural limits. After a short period of adjustment, the four of them left their original gang and founded their own group, believing that their superhuman abilities give them the edge to deal with the both the Skull and the law.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:12 am

Elephant, Dante Rawls
Rawls was killing time at the city zoo on the afternoon that the Genesys Bomb was triggered. Seven years in the Skulls, with experience breaking legs and boosting cars, he was still nothing more than a small time hood in the big city. Rawls had ambitions beyond his station, but no means to make them a reality. Then the energy wave hit and Rawls was turned inside out and rebuilt, becoming massive and incredibly strong and terribly deformed. There were three other gang members at the zoo that day, also transformed into animal shapes, and in the aftermath of the whole mess Rawls looked them up and convinced them to join his crew. A new crew, under his leadership, using their powers to make a name for themselves in Los Dorados and carve out some of their own territory, free of the Skull or other gangs.
PL: 10
Abilities: STR: 18/34 (+4/+12) DEX: 12 (+1) CON: 14/34 (+2/+12) INT: 10 (-) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 8 (-1)
Skills: Craft: Mechanical 8
Drive 4 (+5)
Intimidate 8 (+9)
Knowledge: Streetwise 4
Notice 4 (+6)
Feats: All-Out Attack
Crushing Pin
Diehard
Improved Grab
Improved Pin
Improved Sunder
Improved Trip
Power Attack
Powers: “Elephant Health” Enhanced CON 20
“Elephant Size” Growth 4 [Permanent]
“Elephant Strength” Enhanced STR 16
Super-Strength 4 [Heavy Load 44.8 tons; Groundstrike, Thunderclap]
“Thick Hide” Impervious Toughness 10
“Trunk” Additional Limbs 1 [Improved Grapple]
“Tusks” Strength Bonus Strike 12 [Penetrating]
Combat: Attack +8 [Unarmed DC 27], Defense +8, Init +1
Saves: Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Reflex +6, Will +7
Description: Dante Rawls was a thin, short, unassuming African American man with a fondness for backwards baseball caps, easy money, and fast cars. The Genesys Bomb turned him into a humanoid elephant. He now stands nine feet tall and almost as broad, with powerful thickly muscled limbs and a dense, hairless gray hide that repels attacks. He is superhumanly strong and durable, much more so than even a real elephant, and he can lift almost fifty tons with extreme effort. His head is completely elephantine, with large broad ears, small brown eyes, an enormous and flexible trunk that functions as a third hand, and two short, sharp tusks erupting from his mouth. Now calling himself just Elephant, Dante thinks he’s the toughest guy on the block and he’s ready to crush some heads and throw some cars around to prove it.

Under the Hood
So none of these guys actually have animal-accurate powers. Their abilities are far and beyond the capabilities of any living creature. Elephants are tough and strong, but not a single one is going to lift forty tons over its head. Still, their abilities are thematically linked to specific animals and their physical shapes have changed to reflect that.

I may have mentioned thinking of building an Elephant Man for Atomic Rampage! but I think I got that out of my system with this guy.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:20 am

Hippo, Jose Delgado
Nobody ever plans on a life of crime. Jose Delgado always wanted to be a musician, although he never had money for lessons. He had rhymes, though, and sometimes that is enough. Of course, one also needs genuine talent or failing that, discipline and drive, which Jose did not have. He fell in with the Skulls because it was easier than actually working at something. On that fateful day when the Genesys bomb went off, Jose was moping around the zoo shoving food in his mouth and laughing at the hippopotamuses. The energy transformed him into the exact thing he was mocking. In the aftermath he tried to kill himself, but he was a failure at even that. Dante Rawls came looking for him shortly thereafter, however, and convinced Jose to join his new gang. It’s better than nothing, Jose figures.
Abilities: STR: 18/30 (+4/+10) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 14/30 (+2/+10) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 12 (+1) CHR: 14 (+2)
Skills: Bluff 8 (+9)
Gather Information 4 (+5)
Knowledge: Current Events 8 (+9)
Knowledge: Streetwise 8 (+9)
Notice 4 (+6)
Sense Motive 4 (+6)
Feats: Defensive Strike
Diehard
Elusive Target
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Sunder
Power Attack
Powers: Enhanced CON 16
Enhanced STR 12
Growth 4 [Permanent]
Immunity 6 [All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation (Water), Limited (Half Effect)]
Leaping 2 [Running Jump: 100 ft., Standing Jump: 50 ft., High Jump: 25 ft.]
Matter Eater 6
Super-Strength 4 [Heavy Load 25.6 tons, Super-Breath]
Swimming 3 [10 mph, 88 ft./rnd]
Combat: Attack +10 [Unarmed DC 25], Defense +10, Init +6
Saves: Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Reflex +6, Will +10
Description: Jose Delgado was a nearly two hundred pounds overweight before his transformation, and often the butt of jokes among his friends and gangbangers for his appetite and his build. He wanted to be known as “Heavy J” and become a famous hip hop star, but instead his friends just called him Fat Bastard and pushed him around. Now he’s even bigger and heavier, but far more impressive. A humanoid hippopotamus, Jose has dark purple hairless skin, thick and resistant to damage, a tiny head with dull eyes and ears that constantly flick around his hairless skull, and a huge mouth with tusk-like teeth. He is incredibly strong, with stout lungs that allow him to hold his breath for long periods or expel a gust of air that can knock people off their feet, able to life a garbage truck over his head. He has discovered through a combination of boredom and hunger that his hippo-shaped maw is capable of biting through virtually any substance, and that furthermore he can digest just about anything as well.

Under the Hood
The first time I visited the DC Zoo I happened into the big mammal building at feeding time. Watching the hippopotamus open his mouth as food was tossed into it filled me with atavistic terror. All I could think of was a college professor telling the story of a friend and colleague of his working in Africa, who liked to play golf. He knocked a ball into a river, and when he went down to retrieve it, a hippo bit him in half. Looking at the beast in the zoo, I could believe that story wholeheartedly.

So, what I'm saying is, once I had the elephant guy, I knew I had to make a hippo guy.
Last edited by Yojimbo on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Los Dorados [Zoo Crew]

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:28 am

Haha- awesome. It's like an animal version of The Wrecking Crew :).

And yes- Hippos are horrifying. Enormous, dangerous, angry monsters.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:28 am
Haha- awesome. It's like an animal version of The Wrecking Crew :).
Yes, basically. More ambition than sense, more power than ambition. But still pretty dangerous.

Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head: Los Dorados [Zoo Crew]

Post by Yojimbo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:06 am

Zebra, Tyesha Johnson
Tyesha was less of a gangster and more gangster adjacent on the day she visited the zoo with her sister’s squalling brats in tow. Her own boyfriend was in a small gang, and they had a minor altercation with Dante Rawls on that fateful day. When the chaos started, Tyesha lost track of her nieces and nephews and her boyfriend ditched her, especially when she collapsed and the stripes exploded across her body. The pain was intense. Tyesha started running, as if she could escape the pain, and she didn’t look up until she was blocks away. When her mind cleared, she rushed back to the zoo to find the children, but they had been trampled by the crowd. Tyesha kind of lost it then, suffering a complete psychotic break. She hunted down her boyfriend and snapped his neck like a twig. Rawls found her soon after and it didn’t take much effort on his part to convince Tyesha to join his little venture.
Abilities: STR: 18 (+4) DEX: 16 (+3) CON: 18 (+4) INT: 12 (+1) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 14 (+2)
Skills: Bluff 8 (+10)
Drive 4 (+7)
Gather Information 4 (+6)
Intimidate 8 (+10)
Knowledge: Art 4 (+5)
Knowledge: Streetwise 8 (+9)
Notice 4 (+6)
Stealth 12 (+15)
Feats: Accurate Attack
Connected
Contacts
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Improved Initiative 2
Low Profile 2
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Precise Shot 2
Equipment 14 [Cell Phone, Night Vision Goggles, Undercover Vest, Vehicle: Combat Motorcycle; Arsenal]
Powers: Concealment 4 [All Visual Senses; Blending]
Leaping 1 [Running Jump: 28 ft., Standing Jump: 14 ft., High Jump: 7 ft.]
“Parkour” Super-Movement 2 [Training; Sure-Footed 1, Wall-Crawling 1]

Arsenal: “Sub-machine Gun” Blast 8 [Autofire 1]
  • AP: “Hunting Rifle” Blast 8 [Improved Critical 2, Penetrating 5, Improved Range 1]
  • AP: “Punching Daggers” Strike 4 [Mighty, Split Attack, Autofire 1]
Combat: Attack +12 [Unarmed DC 19, Blast DC 23, Strike DC 23], Defense +12, Init +11
Saves: Toughness +4/+8, Fortitude +6, Reflex +8, Will +6
Description: Tyesha was a petite, quick-tempered African American woman before the change. Now she is a seven foot tall Amazon. Her skin is bone white but covered in a pattern of black stripes. Her eyes are a flat black as well. She has taken to shaving her hair into a Mohawk and wearing black and white athletic gear. Her new physiology is stronger and tougher and she can leap incredible distances. She can also blend into her surroundings, becoming virtually undetectable by any means if she concentrates and holds still. A former gymnast and runner, Tyesha had taken up parkour as a hobby, but she’s even better at it now with her increased strength and leaping ability. She is the only member of the Zoo Crew to carry weapons, as her powers are not offensive in nature. She has a hunting rifle and some punching daggers, but her favorite is a submachine gun that she stole off the body of Skull leader that she killed. Tyesha also stole a modified motorcycle, which allows her to get around quickly. She likes speed and hates to slow down.
Combat Motorcycle
A heavy road hog with slight modifications, including a set of auto cannons mounted on the front wheel, Zebra has repainted it white with black stripes to match her.
STR: 20 (+5), Toughness: +10, Defense: +0, Size: Medium
Features: Jumping Jacks, Off Road Movement
Powers: Speed 5 [250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd]
“Gun Pods” Blast 8 [Autofire]

Under the Hood
Zebra stripes don't actually work real well unless there's a lot of zebras around. Then they confuse predators and make them wonder where an individual begins and ends and lose track of their prey. So one zebra needs a bit of an edge - so Zebra gets the power to blend into her environment, like some kind of cartoon chameleon or something. Not much of an offensive power, really, which is why Zebra is the only member of the Crew to carry firearms. The Concealment and the hunting rifle make her an effective sniper.

Tyesha is meant to be a person who got a superhero origin but then went the other way instead. She was vain and self-centered before her world turned upside down and she only got worse when it happened. She didn't find some deep reservoir of heroism, she abandoned the children in her charge, and she went full psycho as a result. She's actually more likely to attack with the intent to kill than the other members of the crew. She's probably suicidal to some degree, too. There's a whole Deadshot angle to be explored here.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 am

Giraffe, Rufus Martinez
Martinez was already an accomplished second-story man and cat burglar before that day at the zoo. Not the smartest or the cleverest, but gifted with an enormous patience and an impressive diligence that all but guaranteed success at job after job. He liked the thrill of outwitting homeowners, police, security forces, and technology. The money he was making was almost beside the point.

He was at the zoo with his then girlfriend, enjoying the afternoon, when the bomb went off and his world changed forever. Transformed now into this spotted, rubbery shape, Martinez only avoided abject despair by concentrating less on what he had lost (his girl, his humanity, his anonymity) and more on what he had gained (phenomenal abilities that make him the best thief the world has ever seen). When Rawls tracked him down, Martinez was initially dismissive of the other mutant and his plans. Only after he had rebuffed Rawls did Martinez realize the opportunities that teaming up with Rawls and the other mutates would allow him.

Now Martinez uses his experience to guide Rawls and the others into doing what he wants, while trying to make Elephant think that they’re his ideas alone.
Abilities: STR: 20 (+5) DEX: 20 (+5) CON: 20 (+5) INT: 10 (-) WIS: 10 (-) CHR: 10 (-)
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Computers 15
Disable Device 15
Drive 2 (+7)
Notice 4
Stealth 8 (+13)
Ambidexterity
Damaging Escape
Evasion 2
Grappling Block
Improved Grab
Improved Grapple
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Pin
Instant Up
Monkey Climber
Power Attack
Prone Fighting
Powers: Elasticity 8
  • AP: Insubstantial 1 [Fluid]
  • AP: Super-Movement 4 [Slithering, Slow Fall, Sure-Footed 1, Swinging]
“Ossicones” Strike 5 [Mighty]
“Rubber Body” Protection 5
Snare 10 [Constricting, Engulf]
Combat: Attack +10 [Unarmed DC 20, Strike DC 25, Snare DC 20], Defense +10, Init +9
Saves: Toughness +10, Fortitude +9, Reflex +9, Will +6
Description: Rufus Martinez was a wiry, unassuming Latin man with curly black hair and a charming smile. Since the Genesys bomb transformed him, he has become a humanoid giraffe. Long limbed, extraordinarily tall, with a foot long neck at rest and a long face, he is covered in short tan fur with dark orange spots. A mane of black hair extends from the top of his scalp all the way down his neck, and four horn-like knobby projections crown his head. Unlike an actual giraffe, however, Martinez can elongate his limbs, stretching his body parts in any direction out to a maximum distance of about a thousand feet. He can fill any space as if her were a liquid, and even flow under doors or through pipes to infiltrate locations. Giraffe’s rubbery body is resistant to damage, stronger than a normal human, and capable of maneuvering much more nimbly. He can wrap himself around targets, tightening and squeezing to knock them out, or use the hard ossicones on his crown offensively, swinging his head around like a wrecking ball. He prefers to avoid violence when possible, sneaking off or running away at the first sign of danger.

Under the Hood
I had the idea for a giraffe-themed stretchy guy a long time ago. He was going to be a traveling tinker type in the Extras setting, and I may still decide to do some variation on the idea. In the meantime, here's this guy. His powers are even further afield than the others, as far as actual animal abilities (or "creature powers," if you're a Kratt fan) go, but I think it's a natural way to go with a giraffe guy.

So if the Zoo Crew is like the Wrecking Crew, then Giraffe is the Thunderball. He'd be way better off without the other three, but for some reason he still hangs around these freaks and weirdos. Possibly it's because Rufus tells himself that he can manipulate them all and kind of run the gang without looking like he's running the gang, but there's probably a healthy dose of "misery loves company" going on as well. The other three are rude, crude, and psychotic, but they're also the only other three people in the world who understand what Rufus is going through physically and emotionally.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 am

All you need to complete your set now is a Lyon,a Tygr, and a Barre....oh my! :D

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 am

I have a bear, a panther, and a scorpion coming.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 am

The Horde
The largest criminal organization in Northern Mexico, headquartered in Juarez City, the Horde is beginning to expand into southern California. Led by the disfigured and vengeance minded El Charro, the Horde has infiltrated Skull Gang territory primarily, sparking a gang war that will threaten to encompass the city.

The operation has been in the making over the course of several years and for the sole purpose of El Charro deriving satisfaction from Hector Diaz for his trespasses. El Charro has hired metahumans from across Mexico to bolster the ranks of his Horde in order to neutralize the Skull’s coterie of powered agents. El Charro doesn’t care too much about collateral damage at this point, nor in incurring the interest and attention of U.S. authorities. He will have blood.

Under the Hood
So... once you've got a Skeletor and a He-Man, you need a Hordak, right?

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 am

Horde Gangsters
Primarily made of up thugs and street criminals from Northern Mexico and southwestern Texas, the Horde is also making inroads in converting local Los Doradians into the gang. They smuggle guns, drugs, and illegal immigrants into California at the moment, while eyeing the larger criminal enterprises of the Skull Gang and working to appropriate those markets.
PL: 6
Abilities: STR: 14 (+2) DEX: 10 (-) CON: 14 (+2) INT: 10 (-) WIS: 10 (-) CHR: 10 (-)
Skills: Drive 4
Intimidate 4
Knowledge: Streetwise 4
Pilot 4
Stealth 4
Feats: Power Attack
Quick Draw 1
Teamwork 1
Equipment 13 [Cell Phone, Vehicle: Motorcycle, Vehicle: SUV; Assault Rifle, Chain, Heavy Pistol, Light Submachine Gun, Machete]
Combat: Attack +6 [Assault Rifle DC 20, Chain DC 19, Heavy Pistol DC 19, Light Submachine Gun DC 18, Machete DC 20, Unarmed DC 17], Defense +6, Init +0
Saves: Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Reflex +3, Will +3
Description: Little more than an undisciplined rabble, the Horde supplies their street soldiers with a plethora of lethal instruments: assault rifles, submachine guns, and pistols. Some also elect to carry around machetes or lengths of chain. They mostly get around on motorcycles, dressing in black leathers inscribed with the red bat symbol of the Horde, but also make use of SUVs for transporting cargo. They are violent, brutal, and ready for war.

Under the Hood
Foot soldiers and mooks. Every other serious gang has them, so why not give the Horde some?

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 am

La Panthera
El Charro found La Panthera in the Yucatan, a young girl using her talents to provide for her small family through hunting. He recognized the potential in her and her abilities and paid for her schooling while also moving her family to Mexico City, where they could have more opportunities and live in a nice house instead of a hut in the jungle. Eternally grateful and eternally loyal to El Charro, La Panthera quickly rose through the ranks of the Horde. Her years as a hunter prepared her for a life of violence.

She was raised to think of Hector Diaz as little more than a devil that must be exterminated and leapt at the chance to personally lead the Horde’s expansion into Los Dorados. She wants to make El Charro proud of her by giving him the city on a silver platter.
Abilities: STR: 18 (+4) DEX: 18/26 (+4/+8) CON: 18/26 (+4/+8) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 16 (+3) CHR: 16 (+3)
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+12)
Climb 4 (+8)
Disguise +18
Knowledge: Martial Arts 4 (+6)
Knowledge: Streetwise 8 (+10)
Knowledge: Tactics 4 (+6)
Notice 8 (+11)
Search 4 (+6)
Sense Motive 4 (+7)
Stealth 8 (+16)
Survival 4 (+7)
Blind-Fight
Cat’s Feet
Damaging Escape
Defensive Strike
Elusive Target
Evasion 2
Grappling Finesse
Improved Block 1
Improved Critical 2 [Strike]
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Precise Strike
Takedown Attack 2
Uncanny Dodge 2 [Hearing]
Powers: Enhanced CON 8
Enhanced DEX 8
Leaping 3 [Running Jump: 140 ft, Standing Jump: 70 ft., High Jump: 35 ft.]
Morph 3 [Single Appearance; Metamorph]
Speed 3 [50 mph, 440 ft./rnd]
Strike 4 [Mighty (Training)]
Super-Senses 1 [Low-light Vision]
Combat: Attack +12 [Strike DC 23 (Crit 18-20)], Defense +12, Init +16
Saves: Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Reflex +8, Will +7
Description: La Panthera is a tall, athletic woman of clear Mayan ancestry with long purple hair and eyes. She is stronger, faster, and tougher than she looks, capable of reaching a running speed of around 50 mph or jumping half a football field in a single bound. She hits hard and fast and can punch through steel with her bare hands. La Panthera's most stunning power is transforming into an enormous purple cat.
Panther Spirit Form
PL:
Abilities: STR: 26 (+8) DEX: 26 (+8) CON: 30 (+10) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 14 (+2)
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+12)
Intimidate 4 (+10)
Notice 12 (+14)
Survival 8 (+10)
Feats: All-Out Attack
Eyes in the Back of the Head
Improved Critical 2 [Strike]
Improved Initiative 2
Move-By Action
Power Attack
Takedown Attack 2
Powers: Growth 8 [Innate, Permanent]
Morph 3 [Single Appearance; Metamorph]
Regeneration 20 [Bruised 3 (1/round/no rest), Disabled 6 (1/round), Injured 4 (1/round), Staggered 4 (1/round), Unconscious 3 (1/round)]
Speed 4 [100 mph, 440 ft./rnd]
  • AP: Leaping 4 [Running Jump: 450 ft, Standing Jump: 225 ft., High Jump: 112 ft.]
Strike 4 [Mighty]
Super-Senses 7 [Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, Scent]
Combat: Attack +8 [Strike DC 27 (Crit 18-20), Unarmed DC 23], Defense +8, Init +16
Saves: Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Reflex +8, Will +6
Drawbacks & Complications: Mute (Very Common, Moderate), No Hands (Common, Moderate)
Description: La Panthera’s Panther Spirit Form appears as a huge, heavily muscled panther with violet fur and black markings. She looks like a panther of exceptional size, except that her edges occasionally blur, or curls of violet smoke seem to peel off of her form, or her edges become hazy and indistinct. This is because she isn’t actually taking the form of a panther, but rather encasing her human form in a panther shape formed out of psychic material – ectoplasm, for lack of a better term – although the end result is much the same as if she became a real panther. Her spirit form is stronger and more durable than a normal cat, and can leap prodigious distances or race at speeds that more closely resemble cheetah speed than a panther’s pace. She is equipped with retractable claws and sharp teeth, either of which can tear a car or granite block to shreds. Her senses of smell and sight are more advanced. Because the panther form is spirit rather than flesh, it can quickly repair itself when damaged, the ectoplasm reforming in moments to rebuild the panther’s form.

Under the Hood
I actually am not all that familiar with She-Ra. A cursory examination online informed me that one of Hordak's right hand minions was some kind of purple haired panther lady. I had stats for someone with big cat powers - originally named Tiger, and tied in to the dojo from Eagle's origin - so I decided to take those and use them for my panther woman.

I love Metamorph. Two characters for the price of one, and a great way to do a lycanthropic character (therianthrope in this case, technically). La Panthera doesn't actually change her shape, but the effect is functionally the same as if she did.

She's fairly powerful and versatile, but this "invasion" of Los Dorados is her first real assignment and there exists a huge potential for failure. Not only does she have to out think and out fight Hector Diaz, a guy who already punked her boss, but she's going to have to deal with the Fox and his allies. Oh, and the cops and the feds, too. But she is pretty confidant she can pull it off. She can use the heroes to help take down Skull and vice versa. She's planning on dividing and conquering. Of course, there's more than two factions in Los Dorados, and no plan ever survives contact with the enemy, does it?