Powers Experiment

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
adran

Powers Experiment

Post by adran »

So, I've got a neat little concept for a Hero that I may or may not use.... or maybe an NPC villain if nothing else. They're going to be a controller of something, though I'm having trouble deciding on what. It's likely to be either a particle or gas type of thing, but I'm looking for some inspiration from the community. Here's a PDF copy of the powers in question (no other details have been filled out yet)

Mystery Hero

Gimme your ideas based on what I've given him for abilities as to what kind of thing he's actually controlling (tweaks to make it fit if you have a good idea are also welcome, as long as the base is the same).

EDIT: So, it LOOKS like I may have gotten my understanding of Deflect wrong, so here's an alternate version in case I have (I've got a post asking about it, so hopefully I can get confirmation later).

Cloud Area Deflect 8: Cloud Area 2, Secondary Effect, Selective (in theory, this now lasts 3 turns in the area I use it, either allowing for 3 "shields", or 3 turns of protection where it is set up turn 1, then the remaining 2 turns are spent on other actions while the deflect remains up).
Jabroniville

Re: Powers Experiment

Post by Jabroniville »

Huh- that's an interesting power concept- so this weird cloud that protects whole groups? A similar concept would be like a Force Field Aura or something.
adran

Post by adran »

Like i said in the post, I'm not sure WHAT the descriptors would actually be. The PDF has the full list of his powers (the one I put in the post is just because when I made the PDF, the original deflect broke the rules by using a Sustained duration). Mostly I'm looking for feedback on wtf it actually is XD

A Force Field aura is kind of interesting though, and it could work, though I'd have to upgrade him from gaseous to energy.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Seems a swarm of nanites would fit that general set of powers and abilities. It'd give the cloud based form, and all of the other effects like create, deflect, flight, sustained protection, etc. would be the use of the nanites being used for various different pre-programmed purposes.

Being able to transform into or control other small particulate objects could be substituted.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

It could be a cloud of Cosmic Energy, or even a martial artist's Chi power- the kind of thing that can absorb and redirect energy, which works like Deflect would. Hard Light would work, as well- it justifies his Concealment Attack, his Create, and his Shapeable Damage thing, since it's basically "Green Lantern Lite" at this point.
adran

Post by adran »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:56 am It could be a cloud of Cosmic Energy, or even a martial artist's Chi power- the kind of thing that can absorb and redirect energy, which works like Deflect would. Hard Light would work, as well- it justifies his Concealment Attack, his Create, and his Shapeable Damage thing, since it's basically "Green Lantern Lite" at this point.
The Concealment Attack is just part of the Alternate Form package by default. I don't fully get what it would do, since my understanding of Concealment is it makes it so you aren't detected, and Attack makes it so you can apply to an enemy....

I'm getting the feeling that the Gaseous form doesn't fit as well as Energy would though, so I am considering changing it unless I come up with something that fits.