scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Leaper Logan!!

Post by KorokoMystia »

Man, these guys are glorious.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Leaper Logan!!

Post by scc »

Yes. Yes they are.
scc

Post by scc »

The Ghost of Springdale High
PL 5

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Equipment
Ghost Outfit: Protection 1 [Subtle]
Rope-Firing Mechanism: Movement 1 [Swinging]

Advantages
Chokehold
Defensive Roll 1
Equipment 1

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+7), Deception 2 (+3), Expertise: Cat Burglar 5 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+3), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +7, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 5, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 0 + Advantages 3 + Skills 14 + Defenses 10 = Total 59

Complications
Enemy: Speedball
Reputation: Notorious Cat Burglar, well at least by Springdale standards.

Design Notes
This is The Ghost of Springdale High a Speedball enemy. Offensively he is PL 4.5 unarmed. Defensively he is PL 5 due to Dodge/Parry and Toughness. Frank Caskey was by Otto Clase to find a strongbox at Springdale High that contained vital information after the bones of a muder victim, Alex Bow, were discovered in the school wall. He had a run in with Speedball at the school but escaped not completing his mission. All the noise made the cleaning staff think the school was haunted by the recently discovered murder victim. Caskey went back eventually to finish the job and found the strongbox at the school. He ran into Speedball again and when trying to escape the hero damaged his rope's feed line and he got tangled up. The Springdale police arrived on the scene and arrested him. He turned over the box so he wouldn't be suspected of the recent murder. Though he never gave himself the name he was known as the Ghost of Springdale High after that.
Last edited by scc on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The Ghost of Springdale High!!

Post by scc »

Be afraid. be very afraid.

The Bug-Eyed Voice
PL 5

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Powers
Bug-Eyed Mask:
Removable (-1 points)
Creepy Voice: Enhanced Trait 3 [Intimidation Skill; Feature(Disguises characters real voice), Startle]
Peripheral Vision: Senses 2 [Visual]
Protection 1 [Limited(Head only)]

Standard Equipment
Light Pistol

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2
Equipment 2 [Light Pistol, Paintball Guns]

Skills
Athletics 3 (+4), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise 2 (+4), Expertise 4 (+6), Expertise: Insurance Investigator 5 (+7), Expertise: Thief 4 (+6), Intimidation 1 (+2), Investigation 1 (+3), Perception 3 (+4), Ranged Combat: Pistols 4 (+6), Stealth 5 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +1
Pistol +6, Damage 3
Unarmed +2, Damage 1

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5
Toughness 4 (5 Headshots, Def Roll 2), Fortitude 4, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 6 + Advantages 4 + Skills 18 + Defenses 10 = Total 62

Complications
Greed: The Bug-Eyed Voice is a thief and is looking to accumulate enough wealth to retire early.
Enemy: Speedball.
Reputation: Initially a local media sensation but even his former mad scientist employer called all his lackeys including The Bug-Eyed Voice lame.

Design Notes
This is The Bug-Eyed Voice a Speedball villian. Offensively he is PL 4.5 using handguns. Defensively he is PL 5 due to his Toughness and Dodge/Parry. He was a former insurance investigator. He used his inside knowledge to commit robberies. He wore a mask to hide his true identity. It also disguised his voice and made it creepy startling those he robbed. He was also part of the Speedball Revenge Squad, a team of jobbers who worked for Clyde Bodtchik, a mad scientist. Speedball easily beat this group of villians. He showed up later at a event promoting the New Warrior's TV series. Squirrel Girl was there and saw him. She had a crush on Speedball and attacked and beat The Bug-Eyed Voice. No shame in that though it happened to Thanos and Dr. Doom too. He only brought paint guns and was charged with a misdemeanor though they mainly took him into custody to protect him from Squirrel Girl.
Last edited by scc on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The Bug-Eyed Voice!!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Wow. These guys suck. Awesome work! 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The Bug-Eyed Voice!!

Post by scc »

The future is so bright I got to wear shades.

Finally a comic book supervillain who has a motivation that makes sense ;)

Two-Legged Rat
PL 5

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Standard Equipment
Rifle, Machine Pistol

Advantages
Defensive Roll 1
Equipment 4

Skills
Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+6), Deception 1 (+1), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception 3 (+4), Ranged Combat: Guns 5 (+6), Stealth 5 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +1
Machine Pistol +6, Damage 3, Multiattack
Rifle +6, Damage 4
Unarmed +6, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 6
Toughness 3 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 5, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 0 + Advantages 5 + Skills 10 + Defenses 9 = Total 48

Complications
Hatred: Cats!!
Obsession: Killing cats.

Design Notes
This is the Two-Legged Rat a Speedball enemy. Offensively he is PL 5 using a rifle. Defensively he is PL 4.5 due to Toughness and Parry. The 'Cat-Killer' of Springdale enjoyed killing cats. He ran into Speedball in the park and kicked him away and escaped. Later he went to the park again to kill cats and he saw an Officer approaching the cat to help it. He thought about killing the cat lover as well. The Two-Legged Rat was startled by Speedball's cat them Speedball himself who was chasing his cat. His rifle went off and nearly killed the Officer who returned fire. The Two-Legged Rat feared for his life and left his mask and gun behind. He later joined the Speedball Revenge Squad.
Last edited by scc on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Two-Legged Rat!!

Post by scc »

Harlequin Hit Man
PL 5

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 3, Fighting 3, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Standard Equipment
Light Pistol, Silencer

Advantages
Benefit 1 [+5 Circumstance Modifier for the couple to mimic the Harlequin Hitman Persona]
Defensive Roll 1
Equipment 2
Improved Aim
Improved Critical 1 [Pistols]

Skills
Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+4), Expertise: Hitman 5 (+6), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation 3 (+4), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat: Pistols 4 (+7), Stealth 5 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +1
Light Pistol with Silencer +7, Damage 3, Improved Critical (19-20), Subtle
Unarmed +3, Damage 1

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5
Toughness 3 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 4, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 0 + Advantages 6 + Skills 15 + Defenses 11 = Total 58

Complications

Design Notes
This is the Harlequin Hit Man a Speedball enemy. Offensively he is PL 5 using pistols. Defensively he is PL 4. Herb and Sheila Hollister pose as the same person working as hitmen. They use to live in Springdale and were friends with Speedball's parents. They were hired by Nathan Boder to take care of a bunch of blackmailers that had evidence that could incriminate their employer. The Harlequin Hit Man would force a blackmailer to give a name of someone who would know something incriminating about Noder. A clerk at the County Courthouse was afraid he would be next and set up a meeting with Justin Baldwin a district attorney to tell him everything. The Hit Man showed up and knocked out Baldwin. Speedball shows up in time to save his father but the clerk was shot. After taking out one Hit Man he was attacked by another whom he also defeated. Both were taken to jail. One of them was eventually a part of the Speedball Revenge Squad.

The Harlequin Hit Man is probably the most proficient of the Speedball Revenge Squad. They did not look that deadly or imposing outside of the costume. I would reduce Sheila's Strength and Stamina by one.
Last edited by scc on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Harlequin Hit Man!!

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, these guys are just AMAZINGLY bad. From what I hear, the Speedball run was considered quite terrible for its time (Mark Gruenwald bluntly says that "Speedballs was hated when he came out, but now he's a New Warrior!" in his defense of terrible characters, and how you could re-make them), but you'd think it'd be more famous with these dopes in it.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Harlequin Hit Man!!

Post by scc »

Sticker
PL 6.5

Abilities
Strength 1(4), Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Powers
Sticker Armor:
Removable (-14 points)
Enhanced Strength 3
Magno Fluid Suffocation: Affliction 8 [Resisted by Fort (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated); Progressive; Dynamic]
Dyn: Magno Fluid Snare: Affliction 8 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength (Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile); Cumulative, Extra Condition; Limited Degree]
Protection 4
Sticky Aura: Affliction 6 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength (Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile); Cumulative, Extra Condition, Reaction (When touched), Sustained; Distracting, Limited Degree; Activation (Move), Reduced Dodge & Parry], Protection 2 [Impervious 5; Partial Limit (Impervious vs Physical Attacks only), Sustained; Activation (Move)]
Quirk -2 (Loses control of Magno Fluid without helmet)

Skills
Athletics (+4), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise: Science 4 (+6), Insight (+1), Intimidation 3 (+3), Perception 2 (+3), Technology 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +0
Magno Fluid Snare +5, Damage 8, Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength (Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile), Cumulative, Dynamic
Magno Fluid Suffocation +5, Damage 8, Resisted by Fort (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Progressive, Dynamic
Unarmed +5, Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 4 (3), Parry 5 (4)
Toughness 6 (8), Fortitude 4, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 58 + Advantages 0 + Skills 8 + Defenses 8 = Total 100

Complications
Obsession: Stealing other people's ideas and inventions to get money and power.

Design Notes
This is the Sticker a Speedball enemy. Offensively he is PL 6.5 using his Magno Fluid. Defensively he is PL 6 due to his Sticky Aura and Parry. Foxworth became the man known as Sticker. With the aid of Garson, a former employee of Dr. Haven who was the creator of the Magno Fluid, they stole the papers for the magnetic glue. Unfortunately for Dr. Haven he caught the theives in the act and Foxworth who was wearin the Sticker suit killed him. Robbie Baldwin (Speedball) was sent to deliver some papers to Dr. Haven. Garson met Speedball at the door and told him Dr. Haven was in the basement. Garson then grabbed the papers and pushed Speedball down the stairs. Speedball was able to escape thanks to his newfound powers. He found Dr Haven's dead body and tracked down the Sticker to an old button factory. Inside he found Garson dead covered in Magno Fluid. Speedball confronted the Sticker and had a hard time with the villain since he was stuck to him. He twisted off the Sticker's helmet and Foxworth no longer had control of the Magno Fluid and got suffocated by it. Somehow he survived and joined the Speedball Revenge Squad.

The Sticker controls the Magno Fluid mentally using the helmet. Once removed he loses all control. Instead of a complication I made it a quirk since anyone using the suit would have to deal with that. The suit seems to give the wearer enhanced strength since he was able to hold Dr. Haven over his head with one arm. I made the Magno Fuid powers dynamic since the Sticker could focus on suffocating you or ensnaring you or a combination of both. His sticky aura increases his protection but I figured it would slow him down too thus the reduction in Dodge & Parry. He is probably the toughest opponent Speedball faced and would have lost if he didn't find Sticker's weakness.
Last edited by scc on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
scc

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 pm Man, these guys are just AMAZINGLY bad. From what I hear, the Speedball run was considered quite terrible for its time (Mark Gruenwald bluntly says that "Speedballs was hated when he came out, but now he's a New Warrior!" in his defense of terrible characters, and how you could re-make them), but you'd think it'd be more famous with these dopes in it.
I didn't collect it at the time it came out. I wouldn't have liked it then. Not saying it is good now. But I like these villains for some reason. They are so terrible that they are good. :lol:
Davies

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Sticker!!

Post by Davies »

Y'know, reading the Harlequin Hitman's profile made me wonder whether there was any indication which of the original two Harlequin Hitmen was a member of the Speedball Revenge Squad ... and if there wasn't, then whether or not this was actually a third Harlequin Hitman who'd never actually fought Speedball before! ("But then why join the Revenge Squad?" "I dunno, I guess I'm just a joiner.") I could go places with this idea ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Sticker!!

Post by scc »

Reading online people think it is Herb. The man who hired all of these villains orchestrated a breakout from Springdale prison. All the members of the Speedball Revenge Squad are male. Not sure if they kept females at that prison too. But I do like your idea.
Davies

Post by Davies »

That's even better! ("But then why join the Revenge Squad?" "Dude -- they broke me out of jail and threw this costume my way. What was I supposed to say, 'you got the wrong guy, I'd like a bullet in the head, please'? Mom didn't raise no dummies, kid!")
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
scc

Post by scc »

Rosie
PL 6

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Powers
Rivet Machinegun:
Easily Removable (-6 points)
Hot Rivets: Blast 5 [Multiattack; Variable (Blunt & Heat)]

Equipment
Construction Gear: Protection 2 [Hardhat, Heavy Duty Pants, Steel Toed Boots; Unreliable]
Heat Resistant Gloves: Immunity 5 [Heat; Limited 3(Hands Only); Quirk (Up to Heat Rank 6)]

Advantages
Equipment 1
Improved Disarm

Skills
Athletics 1 (+4), Deception (+1), Expertise: Bar Owner 4 (+5), Expertise: Mechanic 5 (+6), Expertise: Mercenary 5 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat: Rivet Machinegun 5 (+7), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +1
Rivet Machinegun +7, Damage 5, Variable (Blunt & Heat)
Unarmed +6, Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Toughness 5, Fortitude 5, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 13 + Advantages 2 + Skills 13 + Defenses 11 = Total 73

Complications
Addiction: Rosie chain-smokes cigarillos.

Design Notes
This is Rosie of the Demolition Team. Offensively she is PL 6 thanks to her Hot Rivet Gun. Defensively she is PL 5.5 thanks to Dodge/Parry and Toughness. Rosie is the leader of the Demolition Team a group of mercenaries. She runs a bar in New Orleans which serves as a contact point for the team. The weapons for the team were provided by the Monitor. The team seemed to be killed by an OMAC.
Last edited by scc on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Rosie!!

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow- DC tends not to bring the jobbers as hard as Marvel, but well done.