scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Post by scc »

Last edited by scc on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 50 times in total.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Coming Soon!

Post by scc »

Fourth Edition D&D Builds

Basilisk
Behir Stormsteed
Calastryx
Carrion Crawler
Cave Fisher Spiker
Chwidencha
Crocodile God
Demon: Abyssal Scavenger
Demon: Bulezau
Demon, Blood
Demon: Hezrou
Demon: Jarrlak
Demon: Mahataa
Demon: Marilith
Demon: Mavawhan
Demon Ray
Demon: Rutterkin Foot Soldier
Demon: Seszrath
Demon: Shaadee
Demon Spawn Adept
Demon: Vrock
Demon: Wendigo Manhunter
Demon Lord: Kostchtchie
Demon Lord: Oublivae
Demon Lord: Zuggtmoy
Devil, Chain
Devil, Fimbrul
Devil, Hellwasp
Devil, Ice
Devil, Tar(Guard)
Dire Corby
Direhelm
Dracolich Doomlord
Dragon of Tyr
Dread Guardian
Ghoul
Ghoul Flesh Seeker
Giant, Frost Berserker
Girallon Marauder
Grick
Haraevor
Hurly-Burly Brothers
Hydra, Fen
Light of Amoth
Moth, Fear
Mummy, Scroll
Naga, Bone
Ooze, Bloodfire
Razortalon
Rot Harbinger
Scarecrow Guardian
Selephra the Bramble Queen
Skeletal Tomb Guardian
Skeleton, Bonewretch
Spider, Ambush
Tarrasque
Thoon Hulk
Umber Ravager
Valindra Shadowmantle
Vorkhesis, Master of Fate
Zombie, Black Reaver
Zombie, Skulk

D&D 3.5 Builds
Demodragon
Iggwilv
Kuo-Toa Leviathan
Necronaut
Scyllan
Shivhad
The Mother Worm

Pathfinder Builds

Deathweb
Girtablilu
Hippopotamus, Behemoth
Kyton
Mogaru
Retriever
Revenant
Scorpion, Giant
Slug, Giant
Skull Ripper
Snail, Flail
Tarrasque
Thkot Tal
Titan, Elysian

M&M 2nd Edition
Berlin Betty (Lockdown)
Blitz (Crooks)
Die Shocktruppen (The Algernon Files-The Fires of War)
Dr. Veronika Von Frankenstein (The Algernon Files-The Fires of War)
Valkyrie (Lockdown Gen-Pop)

HERO RPG

4th Edition

Black Claw
Dreadnought
Giganto

5th Edition

La Columbe Noir
Panzer
Professor Piscean
Ripper
Teleiosaurus
Viperia

6th Edition

Armadillo
Baron Nihil & The Storm Knights
Black Diamond
Bluejay
Bulldozer
Buzzsaw
Curse, The
Devastator
Durak
Galaxia
Glacier
Gravitar
Grond
Hammer
Istvatha V'Han
Mind Slayer
Monster, The
Ogre
Pantera
Piledriver
Red Dawn
Sargon
Scorpia
Terrayne
Tiger Lily
Last edited by scc on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Post by scc »

FOURTH EDITION D&D CONVERSION TO M&M THIRD EDITION

Most of these notes can work for 3.5 D&D as well. Looking at the measurements table everything falls into a wide range especially as the numbers increase. I noticed the chart follows the old Second Edition M&M chart as far as strength goes using the mandatory super-strength option. Since that chart is the same as the D&D chart it is good to look at. Every +5 ranks in strength in D&D doubles lifting strength and every rank in M&M 3rd Edition doubles lifting strength. So every rank in M&M covers like 5-6 ranks in D&D. So keeping that in mind I use that to figure out damage, skills, attack, initiative, etc. I use the chart below. Strength will be figured out differently. I hope it makes sense.

Rank Bonus/Rank
D&D/ M&M
1-3/ 1-3
4-5/ 4
6-7/ 5
8-9/ 6
10-12/ 7
13-16/ 8
17-19/ 9
20-23/ 10
24-26/ 11
27-30/ 12
31-33/ 13
34-37/ 14
38-40/ 15
41-44/ 16
45-47/ 17
48-51/ 18
52-54/ 19
55-58/ 20
59-61/ 21

So looking at someone like Spider-Man he would have 44-45 strength in D&D and a +17 bonus to damage. Looking at the chart that would convert to 9 in M&M. You could use this chart to convert either way. And like I mentioned I use this for more than just damage.

Defenses and Initiative

I use Hit Points and Armor Class to figure out the toughness save. First I subtract 10 plus the creatures dex or int modifier plus half it’s level to figure out it’s natural armor. Then I divide the HP but ten and round either up or down. Then I add the natural armor and HP/10 and then divide by two. For example:
The Light of Amoth in MM3 has an AC of 40. Subtract 10 plus it’s dexterity and half it’s level (+22) and you get a natural armor of 8. It has 341 HP divided by 10 equals 34. 34+8= 42 divided by 2 gives it a +21 bonus. Look above and that gives it 10 toughness.
For Fortitude and Will subtract 10 and look at the chart to figure out the bonus.
I use the Reflex save minus 10 to figure out Dodge.
I use dexterity plus half the creature’s level to figure out Parry. The Light of Amoth’s +22 bonus would give it 10 Parry.
Use the chart for Initiative as well. The Light of Amoth has +22 Initiative in D&D which converts to a +10 bonus in M&M.

Ability Scores

For ability scores I use the base bonus without the level bonus. Two abilities are figured out differently. For fighting I use the ability bonus for strength plus half level to determine base fighting skill. Of course if it is more than the parry defense I will lower it and just give the character the close attack advantage.
Strength is also figured out differently and I use the max lifting for the character in D&D to figure out where they land in the scale. Most creatures have 2-3 strength at least and usually max out at 8-9. Also quadrupeds will increase lifting by 25%.
Also the dexterity stat in D&D is used to figure out both agility and dexterity in M&M. Though I will lower agility in some case to get the initiative I want the character to have.

Skills and Advantages

Every creature has a bunch of skills equal to it’s ability modifier plus half it’s level. Plus a couple skills it is trained in. I only use the skills that appear in D&D. Though a few skills I will not use if the creature isn’t intelligent. Like any intellect skills or deception and persuasion. All creatures can use the intimidate skill however. Creatures also will have bonuses to certain fighting skills depending on there powers.
Most advantages that are used are close attack, range attack, improved initiative, and languages. I also use the toughness feat from second edition to show a creature’s innate toughness.

Powers

A lot of powers in D&D cause a target to change positions or shift. Now if I figure the power is purely physical then I won’t figure it into the power since basically you could call it knockback. However if that power is psychic in nature and is used to bring the character closer for example I will use it.
Affliction is a great power to use because powers in D&D cause the target to be stunned, proned, hindered, etc. In D&D for example a power which is +32 against fortitude(13 in M&M) and the character is immobilized. Most D&D afflictions will be limited to limited degrees plus limited to one condition in certain circumstances.
For damage I use the average and look at the chart above. So for instance a power does 4d10 + 20
would average 40 damage in D&D which would be 15 damage in M&M. Also I use the upgraded Damage rules in D&D for older monsters.
Some powers in D&D have no rank so I will make it equal to another similar ability or make it equal to the monster’s PL. All a judgement call here.
A lot of monsters have immunities. Some are even constructs. However these creatures I do not give immunity fortitude. The creatures in D&D do not have that or have it in limited degrees like high resistance to necrotic effects. Undead are not immune to necrotic effects. They have other immunities like sleep, poison and disease.
Resist in D&D is impervious in M&M. So resist 10 in D&D would allow a creature to resist 7 ranks of damage in M&M or 13 impervious. If you are using second edition M&M that would be 7 impervious.
Growth and shrinking do not do much in D&D besides increase or decrease reach and how much space you take up. However I do subtract or add bonuses to the D&D ability before figuring it out in M&M. For example the Light of Amoth is Large and would subtract -2 from defenses. So for dodge I would subtract 12 from it’s reflex which is 41. It would then have 29 and looking at the chart would have a 12 after figuring growth minuses in. Also would do the same for stealth and intimidation.
One power I do add to some monsters is additional limbs. I know in M&M that provides a bonus to grappling but I also think it can provide bonuses to other things like resisting tripping. Depends on what the additional limbs are.
Also a lot of powers have big limitations. Like only once per encounter which I count as a -2 limitation. Certain powers like impervious(fire only) would be a -3 limitation.
Some powers have limitations that can only be used if the monster has combat advantage. Monsters get combat advantage if the enemy is blind, dazed, helpless(defenseless), prone, restrained, stunned, and surprised. It also includes if the target is balancing, climbing, flanked, running at full speed(double move), or whatever other condition where a character can't pay full attention to defense.

Pathfinder Conversion and D&D 3.5 to M&M Third Edition

These notes can work for D&D 3.5 as well. Looking at the measurements table everything falls into a wide range especially as the numbers increase. I noticed the chart follows the old Second Edition M&M chart as far as strength goes using the mandatory super-strength option. Since that chart is the same as the D&D chart it is good to look at. Every +5 ranks in strength in D&D doubles lifting strength and every rank in M&M 3rd Edition doubles lifting strength. So every rank in M&M covers like 5-6 ranks in Pathfinder. So keeping that in mind I use that to figure out damage, skills, attack, initiative, etc. I use the chart below. Strength will be figured out differently.

Rank Bonus/Rank
Pathfinder/ M&M
1-3/ 1-3
4-5/ 4
6-7/ 5
8-9/ 6
10-12/ 7
13-16/ 8
17-19/ 9
20-23/ 10
24-26/ 11
27-30/ 12
31-33/ 13
34-37/ 14
38-40/ 15
41-44/ 16
45-47/ 17
48-51/ 18
52-54/ 19
55-58/ 20
59-61/ 21

Defenses and Initiative

I use Hit Points and Natural Armor to figure out the toughness save. I divide the HP by ten and round either up or down. Then I add the natural armor and HP/10 and then divide by two. Use that number to check the chart above. Both Hit Points and Natural Armor determine if you hurt somebody so I figured I would use the average of the two. Initially I thought about dividing by 7 since that is the number of strength increments in Pathfinder which is one rank in M&M. For example M&M rank 10 covers strength increments 50-57 in Pathfinder. But I went with ten for a nice round number. Recently I have been looking at the Pathfinder OGL and tried this formula on object strength. Mithral has a hardness of 15(I know hardness is like Damage Resistance but an alternate rule in Pathfinder used Armor and Natural Armor as DR and HP as vitality points) and 30 HP per inch. So 15 plus 30/10 equals 18/2 equals 9. Look at the chart and 9 gives you 6 toughness. If you double the thickness you get 15 plus 60/10 equals 21/2 equals 10 which is 7 toughness in M&M. I am no expert about Mithral in Pathfinder but the converted toughness is pretty good.
For Fortitude and Will subtract 10 and look at the chart to figure out the bonus. I will also average out Will and Fortitude with HP but only against damaging effects. Most creatures stay the same or within one point whether I subtract 10 and look at the chart or average it out with HP. I figured a creature like the Terrasque shouldn’t be easy to put down with a psychic blast.
I use the Reflex save minus 10 to figure out Dodge.
I use Base Fighting to figure out Parry.
Use the chart for Initiative as well.

Ability Scores

For ability scores I use the base bonus. Strength is figured out differently and I use the max lifting for what a character can lift off the ground which is double on the Heavy Lifting Scale. Giants and quadrupeds can lift more and this will add to the strength stat or be converted to power lifting depending on how much damage they do. The dexterity stat in D&D is used to figure out both agility and dexterity in M&M. Though I will lower agility in some case to get the initiative I want the character to have.

Skills and Advantages

Skills are pretty easy just check the total skill bonus with the chart. At times I will have a limited skill bonus like athletics-climbing only.
Most advantages that are used are close attack, range attack, improved initiative, and languages. I also use the toughness feat from second edition to show a creature’s innate toughness.

Powers

For damage I use the average and look at the chart above. So for instance a power does 4d10 + 20
would average 40-42 damage in D&D which would be 15 damage in M&M.
Resist in D&D is impervious in M&M. So resist 10 in D&D would allow a creature to resist 7 ranks of damage in M&M or 13 impervious. If you are using second edition M&M that would be 7 impervious.
One power I do add to some monsters is additional limbs. I know in M&M that provides a bonus to grappling but I also think it can provide bonuses to other things like resisting tripping. Depends on what the additional limbs are.A power a lot of magical creatures have is spell resistance. This is similar to power resistance in second edition. It is a reactive nullify power at personal range. I also put effortless on it since the character with spell resistance should be able to do it over and over without extra effort.
Also a lot of powers have big limitations. Like only once per encounter which I count as a -2 limitation. Once per day would be a -3 limitation. Certain powers like impervious(fire only) would also be a -3 limitation.

Misc

Pathfinder has CMB(Combat Maneuver Bonus) and CMD(Combat Maneuver Defense). M&M has no rules for this but it wouldn’t be hard to convert. CMB and CMD deal with special maneuvers like trip, grapple, disarm etc. Some creatures have bonuses versus certain maneuvers and I will treat these as a skill bonus limited versus that attack or whatever other trait might work. I will only do this if the bonus to CMD versus a certain attack is significant.

Comic Conversion Notes

I will try to make my Marvel conversions compatible with DC characters. Most characters in the DC books I have no problem with the stats and I will use them to gauge certain abilities. For instance I have no problem with Nightwing's Dodge and Parry and use that to figure out other characters who are good at avoiding attacks. I would consider Spider-Man better and daredevil equal for instance. I would consider Batman and Bane having the best Fortitude among normal humans. Characters will not always meet their caps though I will try but not force it. Trying to make them comic accurate from my point of view.

Skills
I like using expertise to distinguish some characters even though some would not be equal to other skills. I also use limited on skills like Vehicles depending on the individual.

Advantages
I use some feats from second edition and will probably add more as I figure which ones are compatible and not broken. These are what I use so far:
Tough- +1 to Toughness saves per rank.
Withstand damage- Reduce active defenses to increase Toughness.

HERO to M&M Conversion Notes:

TRAITS & SAVES
STR / 5 or amount of D6s for damage = STR (Note: Or you can just convert the amount of kg to pounds to determine Strength bonus)
DEX / 5 rounded down = AGL & DEX (Though these might be reduced due to lower or no skill ranks, see below)
CON / 5 = STA
INT / 5 rounded down = INT
Average of EGO & INT / 5 rounded down = AWE
PRE / 5 rounded down = PRE (Though this might be less depending on the character. A skill rank like intimidation might equal this. Characters like Grond & Ogre have high presence but I can’t see them being good at Deception or Persuasion especially since Intelligence is low.)

[FONT=&amp]Note: HERO stats other than for strength for rank 9-10 (7-8 = -1, 6-7= -2, 4-5 = -3, 3-4 = -4, 1-2 = -5) would be zero rank in M&M and 11-12 would be 1 rank. Everything else use above.[/FONT]

OCV = FGT
DCV = Dodge / Parry

Average PD & ED (If you have a big difference between the two you might just increase protection limited to physical or energy attacks). Then determine the amount of average damage it can withstand before causing Stun or Body damage. Average damage is 3.5 per D6. Once you have that number add 5 to it. (In M&M terms if you did 10 damage and the target had 10 TGH he would always take a bruised condition on an average roll (10) but if you added 5 no bruised damage).
Then determine the amount of average damage (3.5) it would take to reduce STUN to zero. Then determine the average between the two numbers you came up with.
Do the same for rPD & rED and the BODY stat. Once you get that number take the number you got from PD/ED & STUN & rPD/rED & BODY and get the average. This determines the TGH rank in M&M.
Now this isn’t perfect but once I get this number I might shift it a rank or two one way or the other.

Grond Example:
He has 40 PD & 30 ED. This averages out to 35. The amount of average damage (3.5) he can withstand is 10. Add five to that for 15.
He has 100 STUN. Divide by 3.5 and you get 28.57. Round up to 29. So you take the average of 29 and 15 and you get 22.
He also has 40 rPD & 30 rED which averages to 35. The number would be the same as above 15.
He has 30 BODY. Divide that by 3.5 and you get 8.57 rounded up to 9. Now take the average of 15 & 9 and you get 12.
Now take the average of 22 & 12 and you get 17. That would be Grond’s TGH rank.
After I get that number I will look at Damage ranks in that range and how much damage they would do in HERO. For instance Superman does 18 damage in melee. The average damage he would do is 63. It would take 5 punches to knock out Grond doing average damage. However Superman would have a really hard time killing Grond the way the HERO BODY damage is set up. You might want to shift the TGH one way or the other but I am content with this rank. This does not include his damage negation ranks which I will discuss under powers.

SPD – Determines movement rate
The average of REC, END, & STUN / 5 = Fortitude
[FONT=&amp]To get your Will save take the average of EGO / 5 and DMCV. Remember that number. Then take the average of STUN & BODY and when you get that number see how much average damage (3.5) it takes to reduce the number to zero. Then take the average of that number and DMCV. Now take the average of that number and the one you got from EGO and DMCV. That will be your Will save. Basically the one number is for how they resist mental control and the other is how much mental damage they can take since it comes off of STUN and sometimes BODY. [/FONT]

Grond Example:
He has a DMCV of 3 and EGO / 5 equals two. The average is 2.5. His STUN is 100 and BODY is 30. The average of those 2 numbers is 65. 65 / 3.5 equals 18.5. Now take that number and get the average with DMCV 3. You get 10.75. Now average that number and the one you got from EGO/DMCV. You get 6.62 round up to 7. That will be Grond’s Will save. Though I won’t be doing this you could use the one number for resisting mental control and the other for mental damage. Grond would be easy to control but can take a lot of mental damage before being knocked out.

ADVANTAGES
I haven’t really gone through these just deciding on them build by build. You will also see Close Attack if they have an OCV higher than DVC. They will also get ranks in Range Attack to equal OCV. See other Advantages someone might have under skills.

SKILLS
This was a tough one to figure out. I have the Algernon files for HERO 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Edition and M&M 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Edition. But the skill ranks are all over the place. Sometimes you see that the ranks are close, within 3-4 ranks. HERO is normally a higher number. Sometimes characters in the two systems wouldn’t have all the same skills. So for the most part I just compared the two benchmarks from the system and also some trends that I noticed in the Algernon files though by no means do I do an exhaustive study. For example the couple times I noticed a 15 skill in HERO it translated to a 12 rank in M&M. (Skill rank plus ability rank)

Skills
HERO M&M (Skill + Ability Rank [If ability rank is low use lower of two numbers])
6 1-2
8 3-4
9 5-6
10-15 Hero Rank -3
16 14
17 16
18+ Equals Hero Rank

Perception
HERO M&M (Skill + Ability Rank [If ability rank is low use lower of two numbers])
10 1-4
11-14 Hero Rank -5
15-16 Hero Rank -4
17-18 Hero Rank -3
19-20 Hero Rank -2
21+ Hero Rank -1

Skill List
HERO - M&M
Acrobatics – Acrobatics
Acting/Disguise/Persuasion – Deception (Use highest Hero skill rank)
Analyze – Assessment Advantage
Animal Handler – Animal Empathy Advantage
Autofire Skills – N/A (Perhaps a benefit that a character doesn’t take a penalty using weapons that give you a penalty)
Breakfall – Acrobatics (Or if you want a limited version only for tumbling)
Bribery – Perhaps Persuasion or an Expertise Skill based on Presence that gives other interaction skills a bonus when a success is rolled.
Bugging – Technology or an Expertise Skill.
Bureaucratics – Persuasion
Charm – Persuasion
Climbing – Athletics
Combat Driving – Vehicles
Combat Piloting – Vehicles
Combat Skill Levels – Built as an array under powers—example Hand to Hand Expert
Computer Programming – Expertise Computers
Concealment – Expertise Concealing Items (Which includes the ability to find them)
Contortionist – Sleight of Hand
Conversation – Investigation
Cramming – Beginner’s Luck
Criminology – Expertise Criminology
Cryptography – Expertise Cryptography
Deduction – Investigation
Defense Maneuver – NA
Demolitions - Technology or Expertise Demolitions
Electronics - Technology or Expertise Electronics
Fast Draw – Quick Draw Advantage
Forensic Medicine – Treatment or Expertise Forensic Medicine
Forgery – Expertise Forgery
Gambling – Expertise Gambling and you could use Deception to bluff or Sleight of Hand to cheat
High Society – Expertise High Society
Interrogation – Intimidation
Inventor – Inventor Advantage
Knowledge Skill – Expertise Skill
Language – Language Advantage
Lipreading – Perhaps a benefit Advantage with a required Perception check
Lockpicking – Technology
Martial Arts – Built as an array under the powers section
Mechanics – Technology or Expertise Mechanics
Mimicry – Deception Skill and perhaps the Benefit Advantage
Navigation – Expertise Navigation
Oratory – Expertise Oratory
Paramedics – Treatment
Penalty Skill Levels – Throwing Mastery & Benefits that offset range penalties
Persuasion – Persuasion & Deception
Power – Perhaps Expertise Power Set
Professional Skill – Expertise
Rapid Attack – Multiattack Extra
Riding – Expertise Riding
Science Skill – Expertise in related science skill
Security Systems – Technology
Shadowing – Stealth
Skill Levels – Will add these to each related Hero skill to determine M&M skill
Sleight of Hand – Sleight of Hand
Stealth – Stealth
Streetwise – Expertise Streetwise
Survival – Expertise Survival
Systems Operation – Technology
Tactics - Expertise Tactics
Teamwork – Teamwork Advantage
Tracking – Tracking Advantage
Trading – Persuasion
Transport Familiarity – Perhaps a Benefit depending on the campaign or Vehicles / Expertise Skill
Two-Weapon Fighting – Benefit Ambidexterity Advantage with perhaps the Multiattack Extra for the weapon
Ventriloquism – Perhaps Expertise Ventriloquism with a Benefit Advantage
Weapon Familiarity – Benefit depending on the campaign you are running...Note characters not familiar with weapons are at -3 with attack and dexterity will be adjusted to show this if needed. Though characters will still get skill ranks in throwing equal to OCV. I will not make any adjustments with close combat weapons.
Weaponsmith – Expertise on making and repairing certain weapons

POWERS
Amount of D6 determines M&M Rank. So 12d6 equals a Rank 12 effect. Killing Attacks are figured out differently. I usually double the D6 to determine M&M rank and perhaps put on the penetrating extra. If the killing attack already has armor piercing or something similar I will triple the D6 damage to figure out the M&M rank. Basically you are trying to make a killing attack equal in points to a non killing attack that has 3 times more dice. For instance a 1d6 killing attack is equal in damage class to a 3d6 non killing attack. So when converting over to M&M keep that in mind by doubling or tripling the effect, adding the penetrating extra, or perhaps the improved critical advantage.
The Resistant, Hardened, and Impenetrable Power Advantages I will use the Impervious extra. I will increase the rank of the extra if they have multiple power advantages. To figure out the impervious rank I figure out the max d6 damage an attack can do and still not cause any damage. For example a 5d6 attack in HERO could not cause any damage to someone with 30 rPD/rED. Someone with a 6d6 attack could possibly hurt someone with 30 ePD/rED. So that converts to impervious 9 meaning it ignores damage that is 5 ranks or below.
Damage Negation will just add ranks in impervious protection. So -3 damage classes would be impervious protection 3.

Final Notes
This is not a perfect system but I think it will get you in the ballpark. Like I mentioned once you figure out a stat just look at it and see if it feels right. Looking at books like the Algernon files which has stats for HERO & M&M the abilities are not consistent. Though the amount of d6 converting to effect ranks is. I will add more to this conversion list as I go.
Last edited by scc on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Post by scc »

Saving Spot
scc

Post by scc »

Saving Spot
scc

Post by scc »

Good time to start over. I plan on statting Jobbers. A favorite of many around here. I will be doing obvious jobbers. Though characters as powerful as Galactus and Eternity have jobbed. Actually you can say that about pretty much all the cosmic heavy hitters in Marvel. Pretty much everyone jobs to Squirrel Girl. But like I said I am doing obvious jobbers. Marvel has a ton of them. DC jobbers are harder to find but I am sure they exist. If anyone knows any obscure jobber, or not so obscure, let me know. But I will be doing something different. I will post some of the jobber's finest moments. Not the best jobber moments mind you since those would be easy to find. I am talking about the jobbers actually winning or at least having a fine moment. And perhaps something surprising. It should be fun. Get ready for JOBBERMANIA!!
Last edited by scc on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Post by scc »

Rhino is about to kick the imposter Rhino's A$$!!

WHAT!?!

Jobber vs Jobber (Took out the Wrecker with one charge)

By Odin's Beard! (Took out Thor by blindsiding him and his horn was made out of the Midgard Serpent's tooth)

Rhino
PL 10

Abilities
Strength 11 (10 without suit), Stamina 10, Agility 1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect -1, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Powers
The Man-Beast:
Gamma Irradiated Growth: Growth 2 [Permanent]
Powerhouse: Power-Lifting 2
Rhino Charge: Speed 4
Tough: Impervious Toughness 5

Rhino Hide:
Removable (-5 points)
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Ultimate Effort (Toughness), Withstand Damage]
Enhanced Strength 1 [Limited (To Gamma Irradiated Characters)]
Horn: Strike 2 [Strength-based; Limited (Charging & Slamming Attacks only); Improved Critical, Variable Desciptor (Bludgeoning & Piercing)]
Immunity 10 [Acid Descriptor, Cold, Heat, Pressure, Slam Attack Damage]
Protection 3 [Impervious 8]

Advantages
All-out Attack
Fast Grab
Improved Grab
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Trip
Languages 1 [English, Base: Russian]
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Startle
Takedown 2

Skills
Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8), Deception 2 (+1), Expertise: Criminal 3 (+2), Intimidation 11 (+11), Persuasion 1 (+0), Stealth (0)

Offense
Initiative +5
"Gore!! +6, Damage 13, Improved Critical, Variable (Bludgeoning & Piercing), Limited to Charges & Slams
Unarmed +8, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 7
Toughness 13 (10 without suit), Fortitude 12, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 37 + Advantages 11 + Skills 11 + Defenses 14 = Total 115

Complications
Disability: Rhino is nearsighted.
Enemy: Spider-Man, The Hulk, Rhino II, Abner Jenkins, and the Leader.
Guilt: Rhino blames himself and Spider-Man for the loss of his wife.
Motivation: Greed.
Power Loss: Rhino's suit does not protect his face and heroes have taken advantage of that.
Temper: Rhino can be easily angered and provoked.

Design Notes
This is the Rhino a Hulk and Spider-Man enemy. Offensively he is PL 9.5 using his Gore!attack. Defensively he is PL 10 due to Parry and Toughness. Aleksei Stysevich worked for the Russian Mafia. He was given his powers and suit by two Russian scientist. His armor has been improved by the Leader and Justin Hammer. He has fought many superheroes, and some supervillains, but mainly Spider-Man and the Hulk.

I love the Rhino. Something about him is just fun. He has fought a lot of people in the Marvel Universe which includes Silver Surfer, Cage, Doc Samson and Nova to name a few besides the obvious choices. Grant you he does lose otherwise he wouldn't be a jobber. However some characters respect his power. Doc Samson said he was as powerful as the Hulk and can turn on a dime. Rookie heroes fear him. He beat up Thunderstrike pretty good and knocked Nova into orbit with a punch. He is hard to hurt even without his costume. He has fought Hulk without his costume. Iron Man's Repulsor Rays hardly registered against his rhino hide. However characters have knocked him out by hitting him in the face bypassing his armor's protection. Captain America pointed that out before kicking him in the face. As far as his intellect goes Cage said he was not bright, but clever. Rhino described himself as simple but not stupid. However the Leader said that he had a dim mind and someone else said he had an IQ of a cabbage. So there you go. Rhino seemed a little smarter and level headed when he was in love. Like many characters his portrayals are different depending on the writer. He would be a tough out for many characters but like a good jobber he would lose in the end. But even so you gotta love him.
Last edited by scc on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
catsi563

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Rhino!!

Post by catsi563 »

yeah hes always been next to the lizard and scorpion one of my face villains for spidey. the villain whose so tough spidey cant just punch him out. he has to think and maneuver and even then its a battle for him.

plus the design is so classic
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Rhino!!

Post by scc »

Added another picture. So this is either forgotten about or he was really dumb before he got his powers.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Hey there, scc!

Nice Rhino.

Looking forward to seeing some jobbers!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The Rhino is always terrific- just a standard Big Dumb Guy... but he's the KING of Big Dumb Guys in comics! And the last decade of Spider-Man comics have actually done a great deal to amp him up, both as a danger (the fact that he is SO much stronger than Spider-Man that a straight-up fight won't work) and as a character (the whole "New Rhino" story arc where Aleksei falls in love and retires... but the new Rhino kills his wife, and he goes nuts and murders the guy while Spidey is DESPERATELY trying to stop him).
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

Hooray for Jobbermania, and the Rhino! I love the big dumb guys.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
scc

Post by scc »

I love them too, obviously. He is the King of Jobbers.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

You know, it would be fun to make that second Rhino pic more truthful for either a Marvel setting, or Mixed setting with him in it. Where he is actually intelligent, 3-4, but just plays dumb to manipulate those around him.
scc

Post by scc »

I know when I was looking at other people's builds of the Rhino ProdigyDuck made him smart and that he just uses being dumb as a ruse. He read a Spider-Man novel "The Darkest Hour". Not sure if that is where he got the idea.