scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom!!

Post by scc »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:26 am Braniac: All I want is a decent pair of pants.

Solomon Grundy: Solomon Grundy Want pants too!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that! It will never get old. Maybe that should be a complication for them both. Motivation: Looking for a decent pair of pants. ;)
catsi563

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom!!

Post by catsi563 »

scc wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:29 am
catsi563 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:26 am Braniac: All I want is a decent pair of pants.

Solomon Grundy: Solomon Grundy Want pants too!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that! It will never get old. Maybe that should be a complication for them both. Motivation: Looking for a decent pair of pants. ;)
had a friend of mine in a game I was running basically murder the lot of us with that line.

new player comes in with brand new tech genius, tech genius offers to upgrade everyone with neat tech. so Christmas list of tech is laid out for him. finally gets to my friends Bird alien martial artist whose perfectly stated answer is "All I want is a decent pair of pants."

que group dying of laughter for the next 5 minutes :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

"It's taken some time, but I've finally found them, the worst of the worst."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hey, nice! Looking forward to these :). Most of what I know of this show comes from SeanBaby's reviews of snark.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Yay! Looking forward to it! So many fun villains in that group.

And... I loved collection the Secret Society of Super Villains comics back in the day.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
scc

Post by scc »

Cheetah
PL 9

Abilities
Strength 4, Stamina 3, Agility 6, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Powers
Claws:
Strike 2 [Strength-based; Penetrating 6; Improved Critical]

Advantages
Agile Feint
All-out Attack
Benefit 3 [Wealth (Millionaire)]
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll 3
Equipment 4
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Move-by Action
Ranged Attack 2

Skills
Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 8 (+12), Close Combat: Claws 2 (+12), Deception 8 (+11), Expertise: Socialite 7 (+8), Expertise: Criminal 5 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 3 (+6), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+3), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 4 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +10
Claws +12, Damage 6, Improved Critical (19 - 20), Penetrating
Unarmed +10, Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 3), Fortitude 6, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 66 + Powers 9 + Advantages 19 + Skills 26 + Defenses 15 = Total 135

Complications
Enemy: The Superfriends. Especially Wonder Woman.
Jealous: Cheetah is jealous of anyone more famous than herself.
Supervillain: Like all of the LOD members she is motivated by greed, vengeance, world domination and basically just being evil.

Design Notes
This is Cheetah from the Legion of Doom. Offensively she is PL 9 using her claws. Defensively she is PL 9 due to Toughness and Dodge/Parry. Priscilla Rich was a beautiful and wealthy socialite jealous of anyone more famous than herself. According to the Superfan section of the Superfriends comic she is sort of a Jekyll and Hyde character. When she saw people paying more attention to Wonder Woman than herself her evil nature took over. She took a cheetah-skin rug and made a costume of it. Then she launched her criminal career.

Like all of the members of the LOD her Power Level is hard to pin down. Her claws are sharp and durable enough to scratch metal. She is very athletic and nimble and had a real close race with Wonder Woman to the top of a volcano. She easily bested all of the amazons besides Wonder Woman when she went into the past and posed as an amazon to eventually beat Wonder Woman for the competition to see who would go to man's world. She had to cheat to beat Wonder Woman however. She definitely seems stronger than her frame would suggest and threw a huge metal globe at Wonder Woman easily. I left her equipment slot open since she used various things such as a communicator or a hidden wrist device that sprayed some sort of gas that stunned a normal size Apache Chief. She is voiced by Marlene Aragon who also did the voice of Synergy on the Jem cartoon. Though I didn't plan it but once I finished her she ended up at exactly 135 points. How absolutely purrfect!
Ares
Site Admin

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 pm Yeah the had some pretty good jobbers in the old Nightwing. Brutale, Stallion, Mouse and Squirrel, Double Dare, Nite-Wing...excellent selection of mooks for Dick to beat up on. 8-)
I'll give Nightwing credit for trying to give Dick his own rogues gallery rather than just recycle Batman and Titans villains. And to be fair, a lot of them do exactly what they're intended to do: be entertaining one-off threats. Though making Blockbuster his Kingpin was kind of weird. Still, its a shame these guys don't recycled more for street level fights. And I don't know, there's something gloriously stupid awesome about Stallion, former football player turned karate cowboy mercenary villain.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Beleriphon

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by Beleriphon »

Ares wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:19 am I'll give Nightwing credit for trying to give Dick his own rogues gallery rather than just recycle Batman and Titans villains. And to be fair, a lot of them do exactly what they're intended to do: be entertaining one-off threats. Though making Blockbuster his Kingpin was kind of weird. Still, its a shame these guys don't recycled more for street level fights. And I don't know, there's something gloriously stupid awesome about Stallion, former football player turned karate cowboy mercenary villain.
In fairness, Batman does have some spectacularly stupid "villains" to deal with. My personal favourite of the lot is Kite-Man, because he's a joke and he knows it but he keeps trying because he can't do anything else. Also, spectacularly tragic character with the newest backstory. Like really, really sad stuff there.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Beleriphon wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:52 am
Ares wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:19 am I'll give Nightwing credit for trying to give Dick his own rogues gallery rather than just recycle Batman and Titans villains. And to be fair, a lot of them do exactly what they're intended to do: be entertaining one-off threats. Though making Blockbuster his Kingpin was kind of weird. Still, its a shame these guys don't recycled more for street level fights. And I don't know, there's something gloriously stupid awesome about Stallion, former football player turned karate cowboy mercenary villain.
In fairness, Batman does have some spectacularly stupid "villains" to deal with. My personal favourite of the lot is Kite-Man, because he's a joke and he knows it but he keeps trying because he can't do anything else. Also, spectacularly tragic character with the newest backstory. Like really, really sad stuff there.
What I love about Kite-Man is that he's an evil Charlie Brown. I'm not even joking. His real name is Charles "Chuck" Brown, he has incredibly bad luck, he flies kites, and he wears a helmet that makes his head look like a round sphere.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Beleriphon

Post by Beleriphon »

Ares wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:39 amWhat I love about Kite-Man is that he's an evil Charlie Brown. I'm not even joking. His real name is Charles "Chuck" Brown, he has incredibly bad luck, he flies kites, and he wears a helmet that makes his head look like a round sphere.
I know, I just feel bad for the guy, especially when we learn why he just yells "Kit-Man, Hell Yeah!" all of the time.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Beleriphon wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:17 pm
Ares wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:39 amWhat I love about Kite-Man is that he's an evil Charlie Brown. I'm not even joking. His real name is Charles "Chuck" Brown, he has incredibly bad luck, he flies kites, and he wears a helmet that makes his head look like a round sphere.
I know, I just feel bad for the guy, especially when we learn why he just yells "Kit-Man, Hell Yeah!" all of the time.
Yeah. Whys everybody always picking on him? :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 pm
See, I'd probably go too far and give Kite-Man an entire team of rogues based on the Peanuts gang. Make one of them the Music Meister and who is really good with piano. Make one of them have a force field projector that creates a shapable blue energy field he calls his security blanket. That sort of thing.

HalloweenJack

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Cheetah!!

Post by HalloweenJack »

one thing about Cheetah is that I thought she was WAY hotter than Diana in the Wonder Woman outfit in that episode where the Legion altered the past
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ares wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:49 pm
catsi563 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 pm

See, I'd probably go too far and give Kite-Man an entire team of rogues based on the Peanuts gang. Make one of them the Music Meister and who is really good with piano. Make one of them have a force field projector that creates a shapable blue energy field he calls his security blanket. That sort of thing.
Hehe Probably should have clarified the joke earlier :lol: :lol:

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Cheetah!!

Post by Ares »

Yeah, that's what I get for not following the link.