scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The Spinner!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by scc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 am

That was a really fun run in Nightwing comics. Having a roided-up cowboy using nunchucks makes me realize why I love comics.

scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by scc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Rhino
PL 6

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6, Intellect -1, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Powers
Scarface Lackey:
Huge: Growth 1 [Permanent; Innate]
Ventriloquism: Communication 1 [Auditory], Enhanced Trait 4 [Deception; Limited (When using ventriloquism)]

Standard Equipment
Pistol

Advantages
Equipment 2
Improved Grab
Improved Hold
Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 1 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+7), Expertise: Henchman 3 (+2), Intimidation 7 (+6), Ranged Combat: Guns 3 (+4), Stealth 1 (0)

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +7, Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 6
Toughness 5, Fortitude 7, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 8 + Advantages 5 + Skills 8 + Defenses 8 = Total 55

Complications
Enemy: Batman
Loyalty: Rhino is very loyal to Scarface.

Design Notes
This is Rhino a Batman enemy. Offensively he is PL 6 unarmed. Defensively he is PL 5.5 due to Parry and Toughness. Rhino met Scarface in prison and was impressed with the puppet's boldness and cleverness. He has been a loyal henchmen ever since.

Interesting what you find out when you research a character. Rhino though pretty dumb was able to learn ventriloquism by reading a book. Grant you the first time it happened was by accident when a bunch of thugs were about to beat him up. He spoke through the Scarface dummy which was nearby and it distracted the thugs and inspired him. I did not realize that ventriloquism actually falls under the communication power. I was trying to figure out the best way to model it. Also Rhino is really huge in some books and just a big guy in others. I gave him some growth nonetheless. Nice to have a henchmen with something unique.

Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The other Rhino!!

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Huh- I had no idea Rhino came from the comics. I thought he was an Animated Series original.

scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The other Rhino!!

Post by scc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Spinner
PL 6

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 3, Intellect 5, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Powers
Spinner Armor:
Removable (-2 points)
Protection 7 [Impervious 5]
Strike 1 [Strength-based]

Equipment
Various gadgets that spin

Advantages
Equipment 4
Fascinate 1 [Deception]
Inventor

Skills
Athletics (+1), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+4), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Criminal 4 (+9), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Gadgets 5 (+6), Technology 6 (+11)

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +4, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4
Toughness 8, Fortitude 4, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 11 + Advantages 6 + Skills 17 + Defenses 11 = Total 77

Complications
Enemy: Batman.
Psychological Limitation: Building gadgets and committing crimes based on spinning items.

Design Notes
This is the Spinner a Batman enemy. Offensively he can be up to PL 6 using equipment or gadgets. Defensively he is PL 6 due to Dodge/Parry and Toughness. The Spinner went by the name Swami Ymar. He committed crimes with a small band of thugs centered around the theme of spinning objects. He also posed as a mystic who built a reputation of finding lost objects. But it was his lackeys who broke into homes and hid the valuable items. He planned to retire after amassing a small fortune and was going to frame 'Peanuts' Gibson for the crimes he committed as the Spinner. In his guise of Swami Ymar he helped the police and Batman to find the hideout. The Spinner rigged the place to explode but Batman figured that out in time and was able to save everyone at the windmill which was the Spinner's hideout. Batman then caught the real Spinner.

The Spinner uses a lot of one time gadgets which his equipment and inventor advantages would cover. He used a gun that shot spinning blades (Blast 4, multiattack), a stationary color glass-impregnated fan when it spins blinds opponents using sunlight (Affliction 8 affecting visuals plus dazed and stunned limited to requiring sunlight), a big spinning cone-shaped cannon on wheels that shoots a sticky substance (Snare 6), a giant spinning top ( an out of control vehicle that slams into anything in it's way), and a giant spinning fan with Batwoman attached to one of it's blades. Fun Silver Age character. He only appeared in one issue.

Ken

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The Spinner!!

Post by Ken » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:31 am

I thought there was more than one Spinner and that they played out of Detroit.
I've learned to live every day like I was dying; every night I stick a catheter in me and scream for morphine.

scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The Spinner!!

Post by scc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:10 am

I admit I had to look that reference up. Good one. ;)

Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 am

That's an old guy music reference, scc, don't be worried about missing that one. ;)

Love the Spinner, he is wonderfully crappy!

scc

Post by scc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 pm

I wish I could say different but I am a old guy as well. ;)

Ken

Post by Ken » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:41 am

I'll be 50 on my next birthday. My taste in music, however, will be 75.
I've learned to live every day like I was dying; every night I stick a catheter in me and scream for morphine.