scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Rosie!!

Post by scc »

Scoopshovel
PL 6

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Powers
Hydraulic Shovel Arm:
Removable (-1 points)
Strike 3 [Strength-based; Reach]
Alt: Lifting: Power-Lifting 2 [Limited (Left Arm Only)]
Alt: Shield: Enhanced Trait 2 [Enhanced Dodge & Parry]

Equipment
Construction Gear: Protection 2 [Hardhat, Heavy Duty Pants, Steel Toed Boots; Unreliable]
Heat Resistant Gloves: Immunity 5 [Heat; Limited 3(Hands Only); Quirk (Up to Heat Rank 6)]

Advantages
Equipment 1
Languages 1 [English, Base: Spanish]

Skills
Athletics 3 (+6), Deception (+2), Expertise: Jai Alai 5 (+8), Expertise: Mercenary 3 (+3), Intimidation 1 (+3), Persuasion (+2), Stealth (+1)

Offense
Initiative +1
Hydraulic Shovel Arm +6, Damage 6, Reach
Unarmed +6, Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 5 (6), Parry 6 (7)
Toughness 5, Fortitude 5, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 5 + Advantages 2 + Skills 6 + Defenses 8 = Total 57

Design Notes
This is Scoopshovel a member of the Demolition Team. Offensively he is PL 6 using his Hydraulic Shovel Arm. Defensively he is PL 6 due to Parry using his Hydraulic Shovel Arm and Toughness. He is a top Jai Alai player and works for Rosie on the side as part of the Demolition Team. When fighting Predator his hydraulic lines were cut on his arm and he was knocked out by his own scoopshovel. He seemingly died along with the rest of the Demolition Team against an OMAC.
Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Scoopshovel!!

Post by Jabroniville »

Sweet- more of these dinks.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Scoopshovel!!

Post by scc »

Steamroller
PL 8

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Equipment
Construction Gear: Protection 2 [Hardhat, Heavy Duty Pants, Steel Toed Boots; Unreliable]
Heat Resistant Gloves: Immunity 5 [Heat; Limited 3(Hands Only); Quirk (Up to Heat Rank 6)]
Steamroller
Size: Medium Strength: 4 Speed: 4 Defense: 10 Toughness: 9 Modifiers: Durable (Suffers damage like a character rather than normal equip) Powers: Armor (Immunity Slam Damage limited to half effect, Impervious 9), Slam (Damage 3 limited to slamming damage)

Advantages
Benefit 1 [No penalties while driving with one hand.]
Defensive Roll 1
Equipment 5 [Steamroller with Durable Modifier]
Equipment 1 [Construction Gear]

Skills
Athletics 2 (+5), Deception (+1), Expertise: Stunt Cyclist 6 (+6), Expertise: Mercenary 3 (+3),Intimidation 2 (+3), Stealth (+2), Vehicles: Limited to Land Based Vehicles 7 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +2
Steamroller Ramming +9, Damage 7
Unarmed +5, Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 5, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 0 + Advantages 13 + Skills 9 + Defenses 7 = Total 61

Design Notes
This is Steamroller a member of the Demolition Team. Offensively he is PL 8 when he rams opponents with the Steamroller. Defensively he is PL 5.5. According to Rosie he is a famous motorcycle stunt-rider. He was defeated by Predator along with the rest of the Demolition Team. He seemingly died along with the rest of the Demolition Team against an OMAC.

I had to read up a little bit for how to use vehicles in M&M. Steamroller's vehicle uses the Durable modifier from the Vehicle's Gadget Guide. It doubles the cost of the equipment advantage not the equipment itself. But costs end up the same either way. The vehicle really does not provide him any protection except for maybe when he rams something but that all depends on the situation. But reading up on that since he gets no cover or concealment but can make attacks himself with no penalty. So maybe it is a wash though I could see saving a point on the vehicle's cost. He uses his vehicle skill to ram opponents and other things with the Steamroller. He has the highest PL due to the Steamroller and he gave Predator the hardest time. Though I am not sure why Predator just didn't knock him off his vehicle. He also seems like the only member Demolition Team willing to kill.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Steamroller!!

Post by scc »

Hardhat
PL 6.5

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect -2, Awareness -1, Presence -1

Powers
Hardhat Harness:
Removable (-4 points)
Charge: Strike 2 [Strength-based; Penetrating 5; Limited (Charging & Slam Attacks Only)]
Enhanced Strength 3
Protection 3 [Impervious 7; Unreliable], Immunity 2 [Own Slam Damage]

Equipment

Advantages
All-out Attack
Equipment 1
Move-by Action

Skills
Athletics 2 (+5), Expertise: Boxing 4 (+2), Intimidation 4 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +0
Charge +5, Damage 8
Unarmed +5, Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 5
Toughness 8, Fortitude 5, Will 1

Power Points
Abilities 16 + Powers 16 + Advantages 3 + Skills 5 + Defenses 7 = Total 47

Complications
Disability: Hardhat has memory loss due to too many blows to the head when he was a boxer and sometimes has a hard time putting sentences together.

Design Notes
This is Hardhat a member of the Demolition Team. Offensively he is PL 6.5 when he charges. Defensively he is PL 6.5 due to Toughness and Parry. Hardhat is a former heavyweight contender in boxing and is still involved in the sport. He was defeated by Predator along with the rest of the Demolition Team. He seemingly died along with the rest of the Demolition Team against an OMAC.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Hardhat!!

Post by scc »

Jackhammer
PL 5.5

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Powers
Jackhammer:
Easily Removable (-4 points)
Damage 6 [Penetrating]

Equipment

Advantages
Equipment 1

Skills
Athletics (+3), Expertise: Oil Rig Wildcatter 6 (+6), Expertise: Mercenary 2 (+2), Intimidation 2 (+2), Stealth (+0)

Offense
Initiative +0
Jackhammer +5, Damage 6, Penetrating
Unarmed +5, Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 5
Toughness 5, Fortitude 5, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 8 + Advantages 1 + Skills 5 + Defenses 8 = Total 46

Design Notes
This is Jackhammer a member of the Demolition Team. Offensively he is PL 5.5 using his Jackhammer. Defensively he is PL 5 due to Parry and Toughness. Jackhammer is a oil wildcatter by trade and decided to be a mercenary after Superman apprehended his brother. He was defeated by Predator along with the rest of the team. He seemingly died along with the rest of the Demolition Team against an OMAC.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Jackhammer!!

Post by scc »

Well I finally got through that jobber team. Not sure why it took me so long. A fun team to throw at some low power level PCs.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Demolition Team's Jackhammer!!

Post by scc »

Brutale
PL 6.5

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Standard Equipment
Costume (Protection 1), Knives, Throwing Blades

Advantages
Defensive Roll 1, Equipment 2 [Costume, Knives], Improved Critical 1 [Knives], Improved Initiative 1, Languages 1 [English, Base: Spanish], Move-by Action, Quick Draw

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat: Knives 3 (+10), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise: Interrogation 6 (+6), Expertise: Mercenary 6 (+6), Expertise: Torture 7 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat: Throwing Blades & Knives 7 (+11), Stealth 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +6
Knives +10, Damage 2, Improved Critical (18-20)
Throwing Blades +11, Damage 1, Multiattack Improved Critical (19-20)
Unarmed +7, Damage 1

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 5, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 0 + Advantages 8 + Skills 24 + Defenses 15 = Total 81

Complications
Enemy: Nightwing
Fugitive: Brutale is a fugitive from Hasaragua and can face execution if sent back there.
Psychological Disorder: Masochist.

Design Notes
This is Brutale a Nightwing enemy. Offensively he is PL 6 using knives. Defensively he is PL 6.5 due to Dodge/Parry and Toughness. Guillerno Barrera served on the secret police as an interrogator for a Cuban-backed Marxist regime in the Central American country of Hasaragua. He gained a notorious reputation for his unusual use of surgical implements and blades when interrogating his victims. When the government fell he fled Hasaragua fearing the judgement to come for his horrible atrocities. He became a freelance mercenary when he came to the United States and called himself Brutale.
Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Brutale!!

Post by Jabroniville »

Nightwing seems like a very good source of Jobber Villains- the writers seemed to have their own little pocket in which to play, and that freedom led to the creation of a lot of newbies.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Brutale!!

Post by scc »

The Nightwing comics that introduced these characters were a lot of fun. I remember first seeing Brutale in the DC Universe RPG Gotham Sup. I thought he looked cool and perhaps he was a badass. But then I read the comic and found out he was just a jobber. That being said I wasn't disappointed.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Nice. PS: I've been re-reading the Speedball Revenge Squad builds- they're pretty funny. I think I'll just throw down a Template for my own builds of them, but refer people to these, since they're way more detailed, since you seen to have read the actual issues :).
scc

Post by scc »

No problem. I look at a lot of people's builds when I stat a character to see if they came up with something I might have missed. But these guys I only had the comics for the most part. Actually writeups.org had some info on them.
scc

Post by scc »

Stallion
PL 7

Abilities
Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Equipment
Big Knife: Strike 2 [Strength-based; Improved Critical]
Twin Nunchakus: Strike 2 [Strength-based; Disarming, Impressive, Split]

Advantages
All-out Attack
Defensive Roll 1
Equipment 2
Improved Grab
Ranged Attack 1
Takedown 1

Skills
Athletics 2 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+9), Deception (+1), Expertise: Bouncer 4 (+4), Expertise: Football 5 (+5), Expertise: Mercenary 4 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 2 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +1
Big Knife +8, Damage 6, Improved Critical
Twin Nunchakus +8, Damage 6, Disarming, Impressive, Split
Unarmed +9, Damage 4

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 8
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 1), Fortitude 6, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 0 + Advantages 7 + Skills 13 + Defenses 10 = Total 72

Complications
Disability: Stallion has bad knees due to his football career.
Enemy: Nightwing.
Motivation: Greed.

Design Notes
This is Stallion a Nightwing enemy. Offensively he is PL 7 using his big knife or twin nunchakus. Defensively he is PL 6.5 due to Parry and Toughness. Randy Hanrahan had to leave football when he suffered a severe anterior-cruciate ligament injury to both knees. He looked for a new career and eneded up working for the Penguin as a bouncer at the Iceberg Lounge. He used illegal steroids to bulk up. He also worked as a henchman for the Penguin and was known as the 'Repossessor of Defaulted Loans.' He eventually worked for Blockbuster and fought Nightwing on many occasions. He supposedly died when Chemo was dropped on Bludhaven.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by scc »

They have a character in the New 52 called Stallion who has the same name but all sites I go to have it as a different character. That character is gay and has super-strength. He is part of a group of jobber villains called the Run-Offs who are trying to reform. Could be a fun group to stat at some point. It is interesting what you find when you research a character.
Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, I never knew Nightwing was such a fountain of jobbers. I'd known they'd upgraded a few loser villains like Blockbuster into real threats, and built up characters like Lady Vic, but some of these dorks are GLORIOUS jobbers- like 1980s throwbacks. You didn't see a lot of guys like that in the late '90s.

But seriously- 'roided-up cowboy with nunchucks. Such a weird, distinctive loser.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Yeah the had some pretty good jobbers in the old Nightwing. Brutale, Stallion, Mouse and Squirrel, Double Dare, Nite-Wing...excellent selection of mooks for Dick to beat up on. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum