scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Cheetah!!

Post by scc »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:12 pm one thing about Cheetah is that I thought she was WAY hotter than Diana in the Wonder Woman outfit in that episode where the Legion altered the past
I totally agree with you.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by scc »

Ares wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:39 am
Beleriphon wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:52 am
Ares wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:19 am I'll give Nightwing credit for trying to give Dick his own rogues gallery rather than just recycle Batman and Titans villains. And to be fair, a lot of them do exactly what they're intended to do: be entertaining one-off threats. Though making Blockbuster his Kingpin was kind of weird. Still, its a shame these guys don't recycled more for street level fights. And I don't know, there's something gloriously stupid awesome about Stallion, former football player turned karate cowboy mercenary villain.
In fairness, Batman does have some spectacularly stupid "villains" to deal with. My personal favourite of the lot is Kite-Man, because he's a joke and he knows it but he keeps trying because he can't do anything else. Also, spectacularly tragic character with the newest backstory. Like really, really sad stuff there.
What I love about Kite-Man is that he's an evil Charlie Brown. I'm not even joking. His real name is Charles "Chuck" Brown, he has incredibly bad luck, he flies kites, and he wears a helmet that makes his head look like a round sphere.
Grant you I never did much research on Kite-Man....yet. But I had no idea about this. It is so obvious once someone points it out.
HalloweenJack

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Cheetah!!

Post by HalloweenJack »

In any continuity I have anything to say about he's definitely a grown up Charlie Brown.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

While I'd play it that way, it would only be if all of the other Peanuts kids were evil too. Like , the Earth 1 Peanuts Gang is the Earth 3 versions of the actual Peanuts kids, who are off on some other Earth. That last Peanuts film really got to me. But I've always had a soft spot for Charlie Brown .
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

It was in Hawkman, vol. 2, #4, in 1986, when it was established that Kite-Man was Chuck Brown. It was after the Crisis, and I would guess that it was clear that the Batman editors had no intention of using Kite-Man anymore.

And at the end of the fight, Chuck and his kite were stuck in a tree.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
scc

Post by scc »

Solomon Grundy
PL 9.5

Abilities
Strength 11, Stamina NA, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Powers
Grundy Stronger Than Superfriends!!! :
Grundy Bigger Than You!!!: Growth 2 [Permanent; Innate]
Grundy Tougher Than You!!!: Protection 9 [Impervious 5]
Grundy Unstoppable!!!: Immunity 30 [Fortitude]
Grundy Will Return!!!: Immortality 1

Advantages
All-out Attack
Improved Grab
Power Attack

Skills
Athletics (+11), Expertise: Slaughter Swamp Lore 6 (+6), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception (+0), Ranged Combat: Throwing 4 (+4), Stealth 4 (+2)

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +8, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 7
Toughness 11, Fortitude NA, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 51 + Advantages 3 + Skills 11 + Defenses 12 = Total 99

Complications
Enemy: The Superfriends.
Rage: Grundy smash Superfriends!!
Supervillain: Like all of the LOD members he is motivated by greed, vengeance, world domination and basically just being evil. And perhaps getting a decent pair of pants.

Design Notes
This is Solomon Grundy from the Legion of Doom. Offensively he is PL 9.5 unarmed. Defensively he is PL 9 due to Toughness and Parry. Grundy's origin is not clearly defined in the Superfriend's universe. Just a man who died a long time ago and his body was disposed of in Slaughter Swamp and was somehow revived.

When I was a kid watching The Superfriends I didn't know anything about Solomon Grundy. For some reason I thought he was an evil oil tycoon who got powers. It must have been the accent. That being said I still loved him for some reason. I always wanted to see Grundy smash and go on a rampage but sadly we never got that on the Superfriends' show. I know his power level might seem low but he never did anything that impressive besides throwing a huge boulder and grabbing Superman who had a concerned look on his face but not for long. He is definitely smarter than your typical Solomon Grundy but thankfully he still talks in third person.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Grundy!!

Post by scc »

Giganta
PL 12

Abilities
Strength 14 (60 ft), Stamina 14 (60 ft), Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
Giantess:
Fifty Feet of Evil!: Growth 12 [Continuous (On One Rank)], Enhanced Advantages 5 [Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle; Limited (Only when using Growth)], Power-Lifting 2 [Limited (When using Growth Power)], Damage 12 [Area (Burst); Limited(When 60 feet or taller); Quirk (Damage equals current strength value up to Rank 12)]
Even More Evil!: Growth 6 [Limited (Ranks do not increase Damage or Stamina) ]

Advantages
Fast Grab
Improved Grab
Improved Hold
Power Attack
Startle

Skills
Athletics 4 (+18 at 60 ft), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise: Ride 2 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 3 (+11 at 60 ft), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat: Lasso 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Thrown 2 (+5), Stealth 3 (-9 at 60 ft)

Offense
Initiative +2
Fifty Feet of Evil!, Damage 12, Area Burst (30 ft)
Unarmed +8, Damage 14

Defense
Dodge 2 (60 ft), Parry 2 (60 ft)
Toughness 14 (60 ft), Fortitude 16 (60 ft), Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 47 + Advantages 5 + Skills 12 + Defenses 14 = Total 114

Complications
Enemy: The Superfriends. Especially Apache Chief.
Supervillain: Like all of the LOD members she is motivated by greed, vengeance, world domination and basically just being evil.

Design Notes
This is Giganta from the Legion of Doom. Offensively she is PL 12 using area attacks. Defensively she is PL 10.5 due to Will and Fortitude when she is 60 feet high. When she was young riding through the woods on horseback she noticed a young Apache Chief and the Chief of his tribe using some sort of powder that caused Apache Chief to grow to gigantic size. She pushed over a precarious boulder to kill the old Chief. Apache Chief stops the boulder. She then uses a lasso to snag the bag with powder from the old Chief. He warns her that her thoughts are evil and that they will become more evil if she uses the powder. She ignores him and pours it on her head. She grows to the size of Apache Chief and says "Now your fifty feet of good is matched by my fifty feet of evil!"

I was always sad Giganta didn't get more to do in The Challenge of the Superfriends. She wasn't the hottest giantess (outfit is great but voice not so much) but a giantess nonetheless. It is hard to know how gigantic Giganta can get. I know Apache Chief can get ridiculously big because one time he got bigger than a planet in the Superfriend's cartoon before this one. She always seems to use one rank of growth and is really strong even at this size, throwing a bunch of logs at the Superfriends. I named her one power 'Fifty Feet of Evil' since that is what she said when she first got her powers.
Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Post by Jabroniville »

I approve of characters like Giganta. I know this will shock anyone familiar with me to hear that, but it's true :).
Ken

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Legion of Doom Giganta!!

Post by Ken »

This version of Giganta has completely eclipsed the original version of the villain: a female gorilla with a human body.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

which is interesting because one of the hottest versions of Giganta is from JLU where she is exactly that.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
scc

Post by scc »

The JLU version is definitely the hottest one. Interestingly enough the Superfriend's comic which is based off the TV show they discuss how she was transformed from an ape to an amazon. Which is not her origin in the Superfriend's TV show. So go figure.
Ken

Post by Ken »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:19 pm which is interesting because one of the hottest versions of Giganta is from JLU where she is exactly that.
But still with the powers from the Superfriends.... Which is odd too.

Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I always liked Giganta, especially as a Wonder Woman foe, despite her many different origins. She was the first female I knew in the comics to grow to, er, Giganta (ic) height!

Another fun fact: I believe that the original, when she transformed from ape into human, was a blonde, not a redhead. :o
scc

Post by scc »

That is correct about the hair color. Another interesting change.
scc

Post by scc »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone at this site. I have been away for awhile. Plan on getting back to statting for the New year.