scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The other Rhino!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by scc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 am

That was a really fun run in Nightwing comics. Having a roided-up cowboy using nunchucks makes me realize why I love comics.

scc

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - Stallion!!

Post by scc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Rhino
PL 6

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6, Intellect -1, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Powers
Scarface Lackey:
Huge: Growth 1 [Permanent; Innate]
Ventriloquism: Communication 1 [Auditory], Enhanced Trait 4 [Deception; Limited (When using ventriloquism)]

Standard Equipment
Pistol

Advantages
Equipment 2
Improved Grab
Improved Hold
Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 1 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+7), Expertise: Henchman 3 (+2), Intimidation 7 (+6), Ranged Combat: Guns 3 (+4), Stealth 1 (0)

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +7, Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 6
Toughness 5, Fortitude 7, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 8 + Advantages 5 + Skills 8 + Defenses 8 = Total 55

Complications
Enemy: Batman
Loyalty: Rhino is very loyal to Scarface.

Design Notes
This is Rhino a Batman enemy. Offensively he is PL 6 unarmed. Defensively he is PL 5.5 due to Parry and Toughness. Rhino met Scarface in prison and was impressed with the puppet's boldness and cleverness. He has been a loyal henchmen ever since.

Interesting what you find out when you research a character. Rhino though pretty dumb was able to learn ventriloquism by reading a book. Grant you the first time it happened was by accident when a bunch of thugs were about to beat him up. He spoke through the Scarface dummy which was nearby and it distracted the thugs and inspired him. I did not realize that ventriloquism actually falls under the communication power. I was trying to figure out the best way to model it. Also Rhino is really huge in some books and just a big guy in others. I gave him some growth nonetheless. Nice to have a henchmen with something unique.

Jabroniville

Re: scc's 3rd Edition Thread of the Goofy, Bad, and Obscure: Jobbermania - The other Rhino!!

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Huh- I had no idea Rhino came from the comics. I thought he was an Animated Series original.