Pathfinder Iconics to M&M3E

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Pathfinder Iconics to M&M3E

Post by Davies »

This is an experiment, vaguely inspired by Jabroniville's Castellia. I don't know if I'll end up converting all 39 iconics or not. We shall see.

House rules:

Defensive Roll adds +2 to Toughness at 1st rank, +1 per rank thereafter.

Fearless is treated as Immunity 2 (fear effects), Limited to Half Effect.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Valeros

Post by Davies »

Valeros

Valeros was born on a quiet farm, and grew up dreaming of adventure and exploration. Though this longing only increased as he grew older, so did the responsibilities of agricultural life. Finally, just a month before a marriage of convenience to a local farmer’s daughter could lock him into place, Valeros came to the realization that the door to a life of adventure was closing for good. Seized by a desperate need for a larger life than tending to cattle and corn, Valeros quietly packed up his few possessions and left in the middle of the night.

In the years since, Valeros has come a long way from the wide-eyed young man who sought only the joy of exploration (and maybe a pretty girl or three). Life on the road is much harder than the bards’ tales suggest, and the adult Valeros has the scars to prove it. Discovering himself to be a deft hand with a sword, Valeros quickly fell in with the mercenary crowd, learning the dirtier, grittier facts of warfare. After acting as hired muscle for dozens of different employers, Valeros finally realized that it was time to go into business for himself as an adventurer.

While admittedly not the best at following orders, Valeros is an extremely talented two-blade fighter, easily earning his keep in any group through the tenacity and absolute fearlessness -- some might say thoughtlessness -- with which he flings himself into combat. Despite his reputation as a bruiser and scoff law, Valeros has picked up a fair bit of education during his travels, and can even read (something his “respectable” parents never learned to do). Valeros takes an easy-come, easy-go approach to life, wealth, and relationships.

Though a fan of fine weapons and creature comforts, Valeros is never without a tankard on his belt (after all, you never know when someone might offer you a drink). This vessel also symbolizes Valeros’s devotion to Cayden Cailean, the god of bravery, ale, freedom, and wine -- all things Valeros loves with great passion.

Valeros -- PL 8

STR 3 | STA 2 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 7 | INT 1 | AWE 0 | PRE 0
Powers: Tough (Protection 1, Subtle)
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Ranged Damage 3, AP: Strength-based Damage 3, Affects Insubstantial, Improved Critical, AP: Strength-based Damage 2, Improved Critical), Breastplate (Protection 4, Quirk [-2 penalty to Athletics checks]), Cloak of Resistance (Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Fortitude 1, Enhanced Will 1), Potions (Array: Growth 2, AP: Healing 2, AP: Healing 2, Restorative Only, AP: Weaken Toughness 4).
Advantages: Benefit (Two-Weapon Fighting*), Equipment 5, Fearless, Language (Taldane, Varisian), Ranged Attack 3.
* Acts as Split Attack with any Strength-Based Damage attack.
Skills: Athletics 7 (+8), Expertise: Dungeoneering 7 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 3), Enchanted Sword +7 (Close Damage 6, Affects Insubstantial, Crit 19-20), Mace +7 (Close Damage 5), Bow +7 (Ranged Damage 3).
Defense: Dodge 5, Parry 7, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/3 (, Will 3.
Totals: Abilities 40 + Powers 2 + Advantages 11 + Skills 7 + Defenses 7 = 67 points
Complications: Doing Good--Motivation. Love of Creature Comforts. Thrillseeker.
Davies

Merisiel

Post by Davies »

Merisiel

The elves have a name for elven children unfortunate enough to be born and raised in human society -- the Forlorn. Merisiel is one of these, born in the Varisian city of Magnimar to elven parents who were either unable or unwilling to raise a child on their own. Merisiel’s parents left her in the care of the city’s temple to Calistria. The priests raised her as a ward of the temple, but she had little patience for teachers and prayer. Eventually, she left and spent many years on the streets of Magnimar, earning a living as a freelance thief. When her growing reputation as a pincher became inconvenient, she decided to seek out new settlements to explore and enjoy.

Merisiel became a master at stowing away on ships, talking her way out of trouble, and finding her way in new societies. She’s called dozens of cities home, leaving one for another when her companions have outgrown her or she’s outlived them. Life has been hard for Merisiel, made more so by the fact that she’s always found it difficult to master skills that come easily to her companions. Faced often with situations where a quick tongue or stealth won’t suffice to keep her out of trouble, Merisiel has taken to carrying a dozen knives. When things go wrong with her carefully laid plans (as they almost always seem to do), the knives come out. To date, Merisiel hasn’t met a problem that can’t, in one way or another, be solved with a blade.

Merisiel’s life experiences have taught her to enjoy things to their fullest as they occur—it’s impossible to tell when the good times might end. She’s open and expressive, always on the move and working on her latest batch of plots to make easy money. In the end, it comes down to being faster than everyone else -- either on her feet or with her beloved blades. She wouldn’t have it any other way.

Merisiel -- PL 8

STR 2 | STA 1 | AGL 4 | DEX 7 | FGT 5 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 0
Powers: Elfblood (Immunity 12 [enchantment effects [limited to half effect], sleep effects]), Elfsight (Senses 1 [low light vision]), Sneak Attack (Strength-based Damage 2, Limited to vulnerable targets).
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Strength-based Damage 3, Affect Insubtantial, Improved Critical, AP: Ranged Multiattack Damage 1), Cloak of Resistance (Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Fortitude 1, Enhanced Will 1), Potions (Array: Visual Concealment 4, Passive, AP: Enhanced Advantage2 [Improved Critical 2], Variable, AP: Healing 2, AP: Leaping 4, AP: Weaken Toughness 4, AP: Snare 1), Studded Leather Armor (Protection 2).
Advantages: Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Languages (Elven, Taldane), Trapfinding 2*, Uncanny Dodge.
* Grants +2 circumstance bonus to Perception checks to find traps and uses Dexterity for Technology checks.
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+11), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Combat: Rapier 3 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 7 (+7), Perception 9 (+10), Sleight of Hand 4 (+11), Technology 6 (+13).
Offense: Initiative +8, Unarmed +5 (Close Damage 2), Rapier +8 (Close Damage 5, Affects Insubstantial, Crit 19-20), Thrown Dagger +7 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 1).
Defense: Parry 5, Dodge 9, Fortitude 4, Toughness 5/3/1, Will 3.
Totals: Abilities 40 + Powers 9 + Advantages 11 + Skills 25 + Defense 7 = 92 points
Complications: Thrills--Motivation. Relationship (Kyra).
Last edited by Davies on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Re: Pathfinder Iconics to M&M3E

Post by L-Space »

Davies wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:30 am This is an experiment, vaguely inspired by Jabroniville's Castellia. I don't know if I'll end up converting all 39 iconics or not. We shall see.
Huh cool. I always dug the art for the Pathfinder Iconics, but never realized they had given them backstories. Builds look really cool, you and Jab are making me want to try a M&M Fantasy campaign :D.
Formerly luketheduke86
Davies

Post by Davies »

L-Space wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:59 pm Huh cool. I always dug the art for the Pathfinder Iconics, but never realized they had given them backstories.
You can read them all here. I'm also drawing a bit on the portrayal of some of them in the comics, naturally enough. :)
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Swear to god, I would love a heavily story-driven fighting game starring this guys.

Be it full 3D like Soul Calibur or a 2-&-1/2-D one ala Netherrealm Studios.
Davies

Seoni

Post by Davies »

Seoni

A member of the wanderers known as Varisians, Seoni wears the magical markings of her culture in the elaborate tattoos that crisscross her body. She was a caravan master’s daughter who spent much of her youth traveling. One night, while her family camped at the edge of the mysterious Lurkwood, young Seoni wandered out of sight of her people’s cooking fires. There she found a great white tree, its ancient roots twisted around a ring of runecarved stone. As she investigated, the tree’s bark fell away, revealing elaborate symbols and images that related a brief tale -- that of her own short life. Seoni fled, but returned with her kin soon after to find nothing more than a normal old tree and a strange rock.

Seoni’s runic tattoos play a large role in her identity. Coming from a people where tattoo magic maintains a strong following, hers are both a manifestation of her power and a tool to aid in her castings. The sheer number adorning her skin, as well as the similar patterns woven into her clothes, are a mark of status among her tribe.

Despite being a consummate adventurer, Seoni is an enigma to her compatriots. Quietly neutral on most matters, bound by codes and mandates that she rarely feels compelled to explain, the sorceress keeps her emotions tightly bottled. Extremely detail oriented, Seoni is a careful and meticulous planner who frequently becomes frustrated by the improvised plans of her more impulsive companions.

Seoni -- PL 6

STR 0 | STA 1 | AGL 2 | DEX 4 | FGT 2 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 4
Powers: Cantrips (Environment 1 [light]; Ranged Damage 2, Limited to Undead; Ranged Affliction 5 [Resisted by Fortitude; Visually Impaired], Limited Degree 2, Limited to One Sense; Senses 1 [mystic awareness]; Weaken Toughness 4), Familiar (Summon 1* and Enhanced Skill 2 [Perception 2]), Sorcery (Array: Ranged Damage 6, AP: Cone Area Damage 6, AP: Ranged Multiattack Damage 4, AP: Protection 4, Ranged Affects Others)
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Damage 2, Split Attack; AP: Ranged Multiattack Damage 1), Potion (Healing 2), Ring and Amulet (Protection 2, Subtle), Scroll (Visual Concealment 4, Passive)
Advantages: Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Fearless, Languages (Taldane, Varisian).
Skills: Athletics 3 (+3), Deception 7 (+11), Expertise: Magic 7 (+7), Expertise: Planar 7 (+7), Insight 4 (+5), Perception 2 (+3).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +2 (Close Damage 0), Quarterstaff +2 (Close Damage 2), Daggers +4 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 1), Scorching Ray +4 (Ranged Damage 6), Burning Hands -- (Cone Area Damage 6), Magic Missiles (Ranged Multiattack Damage 4)
Defense: Dodge 3, Parry 2, Fortitude 2, Toughness 7/3/1, Will 5
Totals: Abilities 28 + Powers 26 + Advantages 7 + Skills 14 + Defense 6 = 81 points
Complications: Seeks Advanture--Motivation. Mysterious and Enigmatic.

* Her familiar is a blue-tailed skink named Dragon that merges with her tattoos while he's not summoned; use stats for a rat (Gamemaster's Guide, p. 135).

Conversion Notes: I seriously considered buffing her magic array so that her Burning Hands was a rank 8 area damage effect and she was the same PL as the other two, but ... EDIT: I finally decided that since Seoni's Burning Hands in the original system does about the same average damage as Valeros' sword, it should be a rank 6 effect, and proceeded from there.)
Last edited by Davies on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Davies wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:19 pm You can read them all here. I'm also drawing a bit on the portrayal of some of them in the comics, naturally enough. :)
Thanks, I'll have to check those out!
Formerly luketheduke86
Davies

Post by Davies »

Kyra

The priests of Sarenrae lead double lives. Known to her faithful as the Dawnflower, the Healing Flame, and the Everlight, she teaches temperance and patience in all things. Compassion and peace are her greatest virtues, and if enemies of the faith can be redeemed, they should be. Yet there are those who have no interest in redemption, who glory in slaughter and death. From the remorseless evil of the undead and fiends to the cruelties born in the hearts of mortals, Sarenrae's doctrines preach swift justice delivered by the scimitar's edge. To this end, she expects her faithful to be skilled at swordplay, both as a form of martial arts promoting centering of mind and body, and so that when they do enter battle, their foes do not suffer any longer than necessary.

Her priests are often categorized into these two camps—those who favor redemption as a method to defeat the enemy, and those who favor the blade. Kyra is certainly one of the latter. Born in a small farming town to loving parents, Kyra grew up in the shadow of one of the Dawnflower's shrines. She was taken at a young age with the beauty of the shrine's stained glass, and the grace of the three priestesses who practiced swordplay on the nearby hill each dawn as they offered their morning prayers. When bandits attacked her small town, Kyra watched as the priestesses did their best to reason with them—and when that came to naught, to end them before they could do more damage. Unfortunately, the bandits were too strong, and the village burned. Kyra was one of the few survivors, and on the smoking ruins of the shrine she swore her life and sword arm to Sarenrae, swore to protect those who could not protect themselves and to not spare the blade when the time for redemption passes.

Possessed of a fierce will and pride in her faith and skills with the scimitar, Kyra has traveled far since her trial by fire. She lost her family and home that fateful day, yet where another might be consumed by anger and a thirst for revenge, Kyra has found peace in the Everlight, and in the belief that, if she can prevent even one death at evil hands, her own losses will not have been in vain.

Kyra -- PL 8

STR 2 | STA 1 | AGL 0 | DEX 3 | FGT 5 | INT 0 | AWE 4 | PRE 2
Powers: Channel Positive Energy (Burst Area Damage 4, Limited to Undead, AP: Burst Area Healing 1; Easily Removable), Clerical Spells (Variable 3, WeaK*, Limited to Magic).
* 4 points per rank rather than 5 points per rank.
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Strength-based Damage 3, Affects Insubstantial, Improved Critical, AP: Ranged Damage 1), Breastplate (Protection 4, Quirk [-3 to Athletics Checks]), Cloak of Resistance (Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Fortitude 1, Enhanced Will 1), Potions (Array: Enhanced Presence 2, AP: Sustained Impervious Protection 2), Scrolls (Array: Healing 2, Restorative Only, AP: Comprehend Languages 1).
Advantages: Defensive Roll, Equipment 5, Faith Healer*, Languages (Kelish, Taldane).
* Uses Awareness to make treatment checks.
Skills: Close Attack: Scimitar 1 (+6), Persuasion 7 (+9), Expertise: Religion 7 (+7), Treatment 7 (+11)
Offense: Initiative +0, Unarmed +5 (Close Damage 2), Scimitar +6 (Close Damage 5, Affects Insubstantial, Crit 19-20), Sling +3 (Ranged Damage 1).
Defense: Dodge 3, Parry 5, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7/3/1, Will 9
Totals: Abilities 34 + Powers 20 + Advantages 8 + Skills 11 + Defenses 9 = 84 points
Complications: Religious Devotion--Motivation. Relationship (Merisiel). Spell Preparation.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ezren

Born to a successful spice merchant in one of Absalom’s more affluent districts, Ezren lived a pleasantly safe childhood. He enjoyed the comforts of a well-to-do family, lived in a neighborhood relatively safe from crime, and seemed poised for a life of mediocrity.

That changed when his father was taken away and charged with heresy by the church of Abadar. Though his father escaped excommunication, the damage had been done -- his father’s business fell to pieces. Convinced his father was innocent, Ezren spent his adult life trying to repair his father’s reputation. When Ezren finally uncovered irrefutable proof of his father’s guilt and realized he’d wasted his life on a lie, he turned his evidence over to the church and said goodbye to his home, his family, and his former life.

At his advanced age, Ezren knows he’s missed his adulthood, yet looks forward to discovering the world. His dissatisfaction with family, religion, and government left him precious little to trust but his own intellect -- in fighting for his father’s redemption, he had become a gifted researcher, scholar, and intellectual. He hoped to join one of several prestigious schools of wizardry. Yet time and time again, he was turned away due to his age. So Ezren was forced to strike out on his own once again.

Over the next decade, Ezren studied where he could, picking up tricks of the wizard’s trade here and there. The combination of arcane study mixed with his worldly experiences has given him an edge over young wizards fresh out of apprenticeship.

Ezren -- PL 6

STR 0 | STA 2 | AGL 2 | DEX 4 | FGT 2 | INT 4 | AWE 1 | PRE 0
Powers: Hand of the Apprentice (Ranged Damage 2), Wizardly Spells (Variable 3, Weak*, Limited to Magic)
* 4 points per rank rather than 5 per rank.
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Ranged Damage 3, AP: Strength-based Damage 2), Cloak of Resistance (Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Fortitude 1, Enhanced Will 1), Potions (Array: Healing 2, AP: Flight 2, AP: Enhanced Features 2 [Accurate, Affects Insubstantial], Affects Self and Others), Ring of Protection (Protection 1).
Advantages: Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Languages 3 (Abyssal, Draconic, Giant, Goblin, Infernal, Keleshite, Osiriani, Taldane, Terran)
Skills: Expertise: Appraiser 7 (+11), Expertise: History 7 (+11), Expertise: Magic 7 (+11), Expertise: Nature 7 (+11), Expertise: Planes 7 (+11), Ranged Attack: Hand of the Apprentice 5 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +2 (Close Damage 0), Cane +2 (Close Damage 2), Crossbow +4 (Ranged Damage 3), Hand of the Apprentice +9 (Ranged Damage 2).
Defense: Dodge 4, Parry 2, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5, Will 6.
Totals: Abilities 30 + Powers 19 + Advantages 8 + Skills 15 + Defenses 8 = 80 points
Complications: Pursuit of Knowledge--Motivation. Atheist. Spell Preparation.
Davies

Harsk

Post by Davies »

Harsk

Harsk is an uncommon dwarf. He enjoys the wide skies of the open plains more than claustrophobic tunnels, prefers the taste of tea to alcohol, and handles his battles at range rather than in melee. As a young dwarf, he eschewed the company of his fellows, finding that few things made him happier than crouching in a tree stand with his bow, listening to the wind through the forest leaves and waiting for prey to wander by.

That all changed 20 years ago when his elder brother, a captain named Sigur, led a dwarven war band from Janderhoff against a small party of raiding giants. Out of affection, Sigur offered his less-experienced sibling the chance to come and prove himself as chief scout and second-in-command. Calm and peaceful by nature, Harsk turned him down, failing to see the honor his brother was doing him until several days after the company had departed. Traveling light and fast, Harsk caught up with his brother quickly -- but not quickly enough. Misjudging the size and skill of the raiding party, Sigur had led his band into an ambush, where it was slaughtered to the last dwarf.

With his brother’s blood still fresh on his hands, Harsk went mad with rage. That night, he stalked through the giants’ camp like a vengeful wraith, slaughtering giant after giant with his crossbow before melting back into the forest, only to reappear elsewhere and take another victim. When the last giant was left gurgling in the dust, Harsk took up his brother’s axe and slipped off into the trees, vowing to forever be the voice of justice in the wild places, to keep balance and prevent the sacrifices of noble warriors like his brother.

Harsk, like many of his kind, speaks little and has little time for niceties, but there ends most of his connection to dwarven society. Since he was a child, he’s been inclined to keep his own company, and he prefers to spend his time outdoors, communing with nature, though he occasionally travels alongside others whose goals match his own. Uninterested in the beer and ale so strongly associated with dwarves in the minds of human society, Harsk instead drinks pot after pot of strong tea to keep his senses sharp. While he never lets his brother’s axe out of his sight, he wields it only as a last resort, knowing his true skills lie in the hunt and striking from darkness.

Harsk -- PL 8

STR 2 | STA 3 | AGL 3 | DEX 7 | FGT 6 | INT 0 | AWE 2 | PRE -1
Powers: Dwarfblood (Immunity 21 [magical effects, poison], Limited to Half Effect), Dwarfsight (Senses 2 [Darkvision]), Ranger Spells (Variable 2, Weak*, Limited to Magic)
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Ranged Damage 4, Affects Insubtantial, AP: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical, Weapon Break), Cloak of Resistance (Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Fortitude 1, Enhanced Will 1), Potions (Array: Healing 2, AP: Movement 1 [trackless movement], Affects Self and Others), Studded Leather (Protection 2),
Advantages: Animal Empathy, Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Favored Environment (Mountains), Favored Foe (Giants), Favored Foe (Goblinoids), Great Endurance, Languages (Dwarven, Taldane), Tracking.
Skills: Close Combat: Battleaxe 1 (+7), Expertise: Survival 9 (+9), Perception 9 (+11), Persuasion 4 (+3), Ranged Combat: Crossbow 1 (+8), Stealth 7 (+10), Treatment 9 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 2), Battleaxe +7 (Close Damage 5), Heavy Crossbow +8 (Ranged Damage 4, Affects Insubstantial).
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 9, Toughness 7/5/3, Will 4
Totals: Abilities 44 + Powers 23 + Advantages 12 + Skills 20 + Defenses 10 = 109 points
Complications: Justice--Motivation. Spell Preparation. Temper.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Lini

Lini always had a way with wild creatures. More than once, her enclave was threatened by some great bear or razor-clawed cat, yet each time she soothed the beast and sent it on its way. Lini's success at calming animals came to an end one day when a snow leopard bound out of the trees and pinned her to the ground before she could react. Her friends scattered, leaving Lini alone to face the beast. Although fascinated by the cat's power and speed, and appreciative of its beauty, Lini trembled under its massive paw and tears leaked from her eyes. She knew she faced her doom, and she found it cruelly ironic how death came to claim her.

A voice spoke from out of Lini's sight, speaking of how her friends had abandoned her despite all the times that she had saved them. Lini appealed to the voice for help, but it told her that the help she needed was right in front of her. Lini looked at the snow leopard, deep into its eyes. She saw neither hunger or malice. Still struggling just to breathe, Lini stared into the great cat's eyes and asked, "Will you help me?"

Inexplicably, the snow leopard lifted its paw from Lini's chest. With the delicateness of a mother tending to her cubs, the great cat licked gently at Lini's face, whisking away her tears. Lini threw her arms around the leopard's neck. "You are my friend, aren't you? I will call you Droogami. That is what we call good friends."

In the years since her departure from the Lands of the Linnorm Kings, Lini has collected more than a dozen sticks -- one from each forest she has visited. These sticks are a roadmap of her experiences, and each holds a wealth of memories for the gnome druid.

Lini -- PL 8

STR -2 | STA 3 | AGL 1 | DEX 4 | FGT 1 | INT 1 | AWE 3 | PRE 3
Powers: Druid Magic (Variable 3, Weak*, Limited to Magic), Druidstep (Movement 1 [trackless movement]), Gnomeblood (Immunity 10 [fey effects], Limited to Half Effect), Gnomesight (Senses 1 [low-light vision]), Small (Shrinking 4, Permanent, Innate), Wildshape (Morph 3 [animals], Unreliable 2 [1 use per day]).
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Ranged Damage 1, AP: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical), Cloak of Resistance (Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Fortitude 1, Enhanced Will 1), Leather Armor (Protection 1), Ring of Protection (Protection 1), Scrolls (Array: Protection 3, Affects Others and Self, AP: Enhanced Awareness 2, Affects Others and Self, AP: Movement 2 (wall-crawling), Affects Others and Self)
Advantages: Animal Empathy, Equipment 4, Faith Healing*, Favored Enemy (Goblinoids), Favored Enemy (Reptilian Humanoids), Languages 2 (Druidic, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan, Taldane), Sidekick 10
* Use Awareness for Treatment checks.
Skills: Expertise: Jeweler 2 (+3), Expertise: Magic 7 (+8), Expertise: Nature 10 (+11), Expertise: Survival 10 (+11), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 4 (+7), Treatment 8 (+11).
Offense: Initiative +1, Unarmed +1 (Close Damage -2), Sickle +1 (Close Damage -1), Sling +4 (Ranged Damage 1).
Defense: Dodge 5, Parry 3, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/5/4/3, Will 8
Totals: Abilities 30 + Powers 41 + Advantages 20 + Skills 25 + Defenses 9 = 125 points
Complications: Love of Nature--Motivation. Outsider. Spell Preparation.

Droogani uses the stats of a Lion (M&M p. 218)
Last edited by Davies on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Amiri

Post by Davies »

Amiri

Amiri never fit into the expected gender roles of her tribe, refusing to be the docile, domestic sort of woman that the Six Bear tribe valued. Instead, she insisted on competing with the male warriors of her tribe, and constantly one-upped them. If another hunter brought back a caribou to feed the tribe, she brought back two. If the man considered the best warrior among them killed four orcs in a raid, she killed six.

Though many were secretly impressed by her prowess, other tribes mocked the Six Bears, and the village elders knew that tradition could not be dishonored in such a manner without grave consequences. Amiri had to die. When the tribe attempted to send her on a suicide mission, however, Amiri refused to fall. Instead, she returned with an enormous trophy: a frost giant’s sword. Her former comrades’ laughter -- how could she possibly expect to wield such a huge blade -- and the admission that she’d been sent out to die was too much for Amiri. Rage overtook her, and in that blind bloodlust she found a strength she’d never known she possessed. When the red mists cleared, the dead members of her hunting party surrounded her.

While she was unrepentant for the deaths of the men who preferred to betray her rather than admit her skill, Amiri still knew that kin-killing was a crime she could never live down. She abandoned her people to the cold steppes and tundra and headed south toward more civilized lands, enjoying the heady rush of finally being free of blind tradition. Since then, she has taken to traveling only with those adventurers and mercenary companies who show her proper respect. She values her oversized sword (even though she can only truly wield it properly when her blood rage takes her), but never speaks of the circumstances that forced her to flee her homeland. Some things are better left unsaid.

Amiri -- PL 8

STR 4 | STA 2 | AGL 2 | DEX 6 | FGT 8 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 0
Powers: Rage (Enhanced Stamina 2; Enhanced Strength 2; Enhanced Will 2; Reduced Dodge 2; Reduced Fighting 2; Quirk [becomes fatigued after rage ends), Swift-footed (Speed 2).
Equipment: Amulet (Protection 1), Arsenal (Array: Ranged Damage 3, AP: Strength-based Damage 5, Affects Insubstantial, Inaccurate), Hide Armor (Protection 3, Quirk [-2 to Athletics checks]), Potions (Array: Healing 2, AP: Weaken Toughness 4).
Advantages: Equipment 4, Fearless, Power Attack, Takedown
Skills: Athletics 7 (+9), Expertise: Survival 7 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 7 (+8).
Offense: Initiatve +2, Unarmed +8/+6 (Close Damage 4/6), Giant's Sword +6/+4 (Close Damage 9/11), Longbow +6 (Ranged Damage 3).
Defense: Dodge 3/1, Parry 8/6, Fortitude 6/8, Toughness 6/3/2 (8/5/4), Will 2/4
Totals: Abilities 46 + Powers 5 + Advantages 6 + Skills 14 + Defenses 6 = 77 points
Complications: Adventuring--Motivation. Outcast. Temper.
Davies

Seelah

Post by Davies »

Seelah

Seelah faced numerous tragedies in her young life. The loss of her home brought her family to the city of Solku in Katapesh, and there she lost her family to gnoll raids. At 14, she was orphaned and poor on the streets of a strange town, doing what she had to in order to survive -- stealing, mugging, conning travelers, even attempting to make her way as a young mercenary. Eventually, a band of Iomedaean paladins came to Solku to help defend it against the gnoll hordes. Immediately enamored with the shining steel of the foreign defenders, Seelah stole one of their helmets, a great helm emblazoned with the image of a golden bird.

During the Battle of Red Hail, Seelah realized that one of the bravest knights, a woman named Acemi, fought the battle without her helm. While holding Solku’s gates, the knight took a mortal wound to the skull, winning the day but dying of her wound that evening.

Wracked with guilt, Seelah approached Acemi’s body as her companions prepared her pyre. They watched silently as Seelah placed the stolen helm over the dead woman’s head, and then climbed onto the pyre beside her. The paladins had known from the start that Seelah stole the helm, but Acemi had forbidden them from collecting it, hoping the helm would win the desperate orphan coin enough for a few meals. That night, the knights of Iomedae took Seelah in. Although she has come to terms with Acemi’s death, Seelah still regrets the theft that brought her into Iomedae’s arms. As the years passed, Seelah’s guilt has transformed into a powerful love and faith in her goddess.

The young paladin wears her hair in Acemi’s style and trains relentlessly in the use of the longsword. In so doing, she hopes to carry on the good work that Acemi might have done had she not fallen. It’s the least Seelah feels she can do to make up for the death she caused.

Seelah -- PL 9

STR 3 | STA 2 | AGL 0 | DEX 4 | FGT 7 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 3
Powers: Channel Positive Energy (Burst Area Damage 4, Limited to Undead, AP: Burst Area Healing 1; Easily Removable), Divine Courage (Immunity 2 [fear effects]; Selective Burst Area Sustained Immunity 2 [fear effects], Affects Others, Limited to Half Effect), Divine Health (Immunity 1 [diseases]), Divine Senses (Sense 2 [ranged evil awareness]), Lay on Hands (Healing 1, AP: Strength-based Damage 4, Limited to the Undead, Quirk [does not stack with weapon Damage effect]), Paladin Spells (Variable 2, Weak*, Limited to Magic)
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Ranged Damage 3, AP: Strength-based Damage 3, Affects Insubstantial), Plate Armor (Protection 5, Quirk [-5 to Athletics checks]), Shield (Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 3).
Advantages: Equipment 4, Languages (Osiriani, Taldane), Power Attack
Skills: Close Combat: Longsword 1 (+8), Expertise: Religion 7 (+7), Expertise: Survival 2 (+2), Insight 7 (+1), Persuasion 7 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +0, Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 3, Damage 7 vs the undead), Longsword +8 (Close Damage 6), Composite Bow +4 (Ranged Damage 3).
Defense: Dodge 7/4, Parry 10/7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 7/2, Will 8
Totals: Abilities 40 + Powers 25 + Advantages 6 + Skills 12 + Defense 18 = 101 points
Complications: Uphold Law and the Good--Motivation. Religious Devotion. Spell Preparation.
Davies

Lem

Post by Davies »

Lem

Although Lem was raised in the lap of luxury, his childhood was anything but comfortable. He had the unfortunate luck to be born into slavery, to a mother indentured to one of Cheliax's countless noble families. Lem was sold a half dozen times to different nobles before he reached the age of two.

Growing up a slave in the devil-haunted empire of Cheliax exposed Lem to a shocking range of decadence and debauchery. He learned from a young age how to say what his superiors wanted to hear, and as he grew older, these skills often secured him less onerous jobs. While his kin toiled in basement washrooms or tended hellhound stables, Lem was taught to play the flute so he could entertain at family gatherings.

Yet Lem was not blind to the discomfort of his brothers and sisters, and when he learned that a dozen of his kin were to be sacrificed to a devil as an offering to seal a new trade contract, Lem knew the time to act had come. Taking advantage of his increased mobility in the manor, it was a relatively simple trick to light a few fires in secret corners and then ensure that all of his halfling kin were safe in the slave's quarters. The manor burnt quickly, but Lem was shocked to see his kin rush back to the manor in a hopeless attempt to aid in extinguishing the flames. As the place burnt to the ground, and the halflings bemoaned their fate and the loss of their shelter, Lem slipped away into the night, bitter and distraught over this unexpected turn of events.

Lem left Cheliax by stowing away on a merchant vessel and never looked back. He rarely speaks of his childhood today, but one can see its effects in his high disdain for law and order, and his intolerance for cruelty. Always quick to side with the underdog, Lem has learned that his most powerful traits are his optimism and sense of humor—virtues that almost make up for his small stature and impulsive nature. Lem's reasons for traveling with his current companions vary upon the day and his mood, but he certainly values their strengths—and the never-ending supply of comedy material their antics provide him.

Lem -- PL 7

STR -1 | STA 2 | AGL 2 | DEX 5 | FGT 6 | INT 2 | AWE 0 | PRE 4
Powers: Bardic Performance (Array: Burst Area Nullify Language Effects 6, AP: Burst Area Nullify Illusion Effects 6, AP: Luck Control 4), Bardic Magic (Array: Visual Concealment 4, AP: Enhanced Fighting 2, Affects Others at Perception Range, AP: Healing 4), Small (Shrinking 4, Permanent, Innate).
Equipment: Arsenal (Array: Strength-based Damage 3, Affects Insubstantial, Improved Critical, AP: Ranged Damage 1), Cloak of Resistance (Enhanced Dodge 1, Enhanced Fortitude 1, Enhanced Will 1), Scrolls (Array: Burst Area Auditory Concealement 2, AP: Comprehend 3 [Languages]), Studded Leather Armor (Protection 2)
Advantages: Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Fascinate (Expertise: Performance), Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 2 (Elven, Halfling, Taldane)
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+9), Athletics 6 (+5), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise: Magic 8 (+10), Expertise: Nobility 8 (+10), Expertise: Performance 7 (+11), Insight 7 (+7), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion 7 (+11), Stealth 9 (+11).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage -1), Short Sword +6 (Close Damage 3), Sling +5 (Ranged Damage 1)
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 6/4/2, Will 6
Totals: Abilities 42 + Powers 33 + Advantages 9 + Skills 35 + Defenses 12 = 131 points
Complications: Stand Up For the Underdog--Motivation. Hunted (escaped slave).