Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Sudowoodo! Sunflora! Donphan!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Rhydon

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

RHYDON
Role:
Horned Charger, Rocky Rhino
PL 10 (120)- Minion Rank 6, Sidekick Rank 18
Normal Version:
PL 8
STRENGTH 8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Close Combat (Horn) 3 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 11 (+11 Size)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Improved Critical (Horn) 2, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Last Stand (Ignore All Damage For 1 Round With HP Spent), Power Attack, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Acute & Extended Scent) [2]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Arctic) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
"Natural Weapons- Horn" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) (Extras: Penetrating 8) [10]

"Natural Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (15 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
Strength-Damage +3 [3]
"Thick Layer of Skin" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 9) [12]

"Stone-Shaping" Transform (Stone to Stone) 3 (Extras: Continuous) [9]
"Tremorsense" Senses 2 (Ranged Touch- Extended) [2]

"Rock Throw" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 4) (20) -- [22]
  • AE: "Earthquake" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Opponents) Linked to Affliction 8 (Athletics; Dazed/Stunned) (Extras: Burst Area) (Grounded Opponents, Limited Degree) (11)
  • AE: "Earth Control" Move Object 10 (Flaws: Limited to Earth & Stone) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Horn +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Rock Toss +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Earthquake +8 Area (+8 Damage & Affliction, DC 23 & 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +11 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Elasmotheriums cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.
Rivalry (Other Males)- Like moost hoofed animals, Elasmotheriums must compete with other males for mating rights.
Weakness (Poor Vision)- Elasmotheriums have poor eyesight, and often miss things unless directly in front of them, and close by. This makes them easy to startle or sneak up on.
Temper- Elasmotheriums are notoriously ornery, though generally timid. Most are prone to sudden charges, however most are "bluffs".

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 73 / Defenses: 17 (120)

Era: Fantasy Realms
Range: Mountainous regions.
Colouring: Stone-gray.
Size: Up to 12 feet long (1-6 tons)
Encounter Groups: Large groups (1-22)
Diet: Berries, roots, minerals.
Tactics: Charge at first sight of potential danger.

-The Rhydons, held sacred by the Stone Giants, are Elasmotheres that have been mutated by close proximity to magical powers and the Stone Giants' own stone-shaping magic. The creatures now possess powerful earth-shaping abilities like the Stone Giants themselves. Rhydons are considered wild animals, but have attained some level of domesticity, typically not wandering far from Giant enclaves, and being easily kept within certain boundaries. They rarely attack their Giant allies, but are known to be as ornery as any rhinoceros, frequently charging and bluff-charing anything else that comes close.

Jab's Notes: Despite being quickly forgotten by the Pokemon series (it has almost no major appearances; Brock, the Rock Trainer, has different Pokemon), Rhydon was actually the very first Pokemon created- early manga drawings consist of one following around the hero on his journeys. I find them quite cool, but the proximity of Onix and the Geodude/Graveler/Golem line makes them pretty redundant, as you really only need one of those guys. The double-weakness to Grass & Water-based attacks don't help. This renders them one of the more underrated Pokemon, even though they added a "Rhyperior" evolution later on.

-Instead of going with a human-sized rhino, I just slapped some Earth Control onto an Elasmotherium- one of my favorite animals. I figure that combo- an elephant-sized rhinoceros with a giga-horn, and EARTH POWERS, will be a terrifying one, and it helps give some character to the otherwise-forgettable Stone Giants.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Re: Rhydon

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:41 pm Jab's Notes: Despite being quickly forgotten by the Pokemon series (it has almost no major appearances; Brock, the Rock Trainer, has different Pokemon), Rhydon was actually the very first Pokemon created- early manga drawings consist of one following around the hero on his journeys. I find them quite cool, but the proximity of Onix and the Geodude/Graveler/Golem line makes them pretty redundant, as you really only need one of those guys. The double-weakness to Grass & Water-based attacks don't help. This renders them one of the more underrated Pokemon, even though they added a "Rhyperior" evolution later on.

-Instead of going with a human-sized rhino, I just slapped some Earth Control onto an Elasmotherium- one of my favorite animals. I figure that combo- an elephant-sized rhinoceros with a giga-horn, and EARTH POWERS, will be a terrifying one, and it helps give some character to the otherwise-forgettable Stone Giants.
Rhydon's were never a favorite of mine, but I always thought they were still neat. You're idea of them is very cool and makes them kind of terrifying lol.
Formerly luketheduke86
scc

Re: Hill Giants (Civilized)

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:23 am ImageImageImage

[/i]
I am liking this fantasy universe. If my character needed to have an epic death I want it to be by snu snu.
scc

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Man-Scorpions! Eeveelutions! Ogres!)

Post by scc »

Also what is this Archie book you speak of. I need to know....for research purposes. ;)
scc

Post by scc »

Here is a picture from The Slayer's Guide to Giants. This is a Sea Giantess. They look for new husbands on passing vessels and lure them into the water. And they can't change size so that is interesting. Maybe you need them in your campaign....or life. ;)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 pm Also what is this Archie book you speak of. I need to know....for research purposes. ;)
Haha, you asked the same thing last time I posted these:
Great stuff here Jab. So what issue in Archie comics did they have the barbarian parody? Just curious. :wink:
My response:
Hah, wouldja believe I actually list all the notable Archie stories I've found in my Digests, specifically so I don't forget where they are? It's rather hard to remember the "good stories" when you have 200 Digests that don't list the stories on the cover.

Here's what my list says:
Jughead's Double Digest #48- Jughead in a coma as the gang panics (it's over quickly). Giant women in Archie the Barbarian.

So yes, I am in fact a giant pervert who writes down where the sexy lady stories go :). Course, said ladies weren't scantily clad (this being Archie the Barbarian, the men were baring more skin), but it's Dan DeCarlo drawing ten-foot tall women.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:07 am Image

Here is a picture from The Slayer's Guide to Giants. This is a Sea Giantess. They look for new husbands on passing vessels and lure them into the water. And they can't change size so that is interesting. Maybe you need them in your campaign....or life. ;)
And where might I BUY this book, exactly? For... research purposes, of course.
Jabroniville

Geode Men

Post by Jabroniville »

GEODE MEN
Role:
Golems
PL 5 (60)- Minion Rank 4, Sidekick Rank 12
Normal Version:
PL 2-4
STRENGTH -1 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+3)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Horn), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action

Powers:
"Natural Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

"Rock Toss" Blast 4 (Feats: Accurate 2) [10]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 5 [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Rock Toss +4 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +5, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Geode Men cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -8 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 7 (60)

GEODE MEN (Large Golem Form)
Role:
Powerhouse, Golems
PL 8 (109)- Minion Rank 8, Sidekick Rank 22
Normal Version:
PL 5-6
STRENGTH 6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Horn), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack

Powers:
"Rock Toss" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 4) [20]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 10 [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Rock Toss +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude --, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Golems cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 60 / Defenses: 10 (109)

Era: Fantasy Realms
Range: Mountainous regions.
Colouring: Slate-grey.
Size: Up to 7 feet tall (30-900 lbs.)
Encounter Groups: Solitary
Diet: None.
Tactics: Rock Toss from afar, then body-ram.

-The peculiar Geode Men are not natural-born creatures- they are actual, literal stone given life; the ultimate creations of the Stone Giants. Their Stone-Shapers slowly perfected a skill that allowed them to create golem-like creatures with animal intelligence. Initially, these are small forms- rocks with eyes and humanoid arms. Slowly, over time, the Shapers add more and more material to the "Geode Men" (named for their resemblance to geodes), eventually creating larger, human-sized creatures. Ultimately, they become large, turtle-like creatures. Great religious significance is given to the creation of these creatures, with Shapers becoming highly-renowned for their individualized Geode Men- especially high levels of skill or unique colorations and mutations (such as four arms) are highly prized. The creatures cannot breed, but possess a certain intelligence most golems lack.

Jab's Notes: Brock's less-iconic Pokemon, Geodude is a quirky-looking sort, and gives us one of the first Three-Tier Pokemon of the first generation, as you can catch them pretty quickly, and eventually turn them into the large Golems. It's actually pretty neat how they gradually build up, as Geodude is weak-looking and kinda silly, Graveler looks like a fighter, and Golem is quite big and "finished" looking. Their status as early-ish, regular Pokemon makes them ideal "Jobbers" or Background Pokemon, having tons of appearances, but few important ones.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I never really liked how Golem looked, at least compared to it's pre-evolutions. Geodude and Graveler both look like rocks come to life and seem like they'd fit in with a rock environment. Golem has a rounded rock body, but then all of sudden also has a reptilian head and limbs. It always bugged me as a kid :lol:.
Formerly luketheduke86
scc

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:01 am
scc wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 pm Also what is this Archie book you speak of. I need to know....for research purposes. ;)
Haha, you asked the same thing last time I posted these:
Great stuff here Jab. So what issue in Archie comics did they have the barbarian parody? Just curious. :wink:
My response:
Hah, wouldja believe I actually list all the notable Archie stories I've found in my Digests, specifically so I don't forget where they are? It's rather hard to remember the "good stories" when you have 200 Digests that don't list the stories on the cover.

Here's what my list says:
Jughead's Double Digest #48- Jughead in a coma as the gang panics (it's over quickly). Giant women in Archie the Barbarian.

So yes, I am in fact a giant pervert who writes down where the sexy lady stories go :). Course, said ladies weren't scantily clad (this being Archie the Barbarian, the men were baring more skin), but it's Dan DeCarlo drawing ten-foot tall women.
That is funny. I actually didn't remember that until you brought it up. I am getting old. And the Slayer's Guide to Giants did have a couple pics of giantesses.
Jabroniville

Trolls

Post by Jabroniville »

TROLL
Creature Type: Humanoid, Troll
Typical Adult Height: 7'5"-11'
Birth Rate: 1-4 infants twice a year
Lifespan: 0-10 (Child), 11-15 (Young Adult), 16-Ageless (Adult)
Nicknames: Baby Giant
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries & smaller size, more delicate features.
Skin Tones: Various shades of many colours- Green is most common, but gray, blue, orange, pink, red and yellow are all known
Hair: Usually none (orange or brown have been seen)
Racial Mounts & Animals: None
Racial Weapons: Pieces of trees or debris
Religion: None

Allies: Greenskins, Giants

Encounter Groups:
Solo (1)
Gang (2-6)
Band (7-13 plus 0-2 Elites, 0-10 Slaves, 0-15 Orcs)

PL Variants:
PL 4-5: Weaker Specimens
PL 6: Common Troll
PL 7: Rock or River Troll, Elite Troll
PL 8+: Elite Rock or River Troll, Marsh Troll, Important Characters

-Trolls are not true Giants, nor are they true Greenskins, yet they often get mixed in together with the various other creatures. They appear to have no Gods, nor a standard origin story- they just are what they are. This confounds scholars and historians, though few believe this race has an origin based in decency. Very, very stupid as a general rule, Trolls are prone to animalistic bouts of viciousness, and are known to be hateful and evil as well. There are a few debates as to whether or not Trolls can be "civilized", but exceptions are exceedingly rare.

-Trolls are as tall as Ogres or Hill Giants, but generally less thick- their bodies are often very thin or lumpy, with odd portions of muscle tone (such as large forearms, or a well-built chest, compared to the rest of the body). Their faces vary greatly, with some featuring huge maws of short teeth, while others have smaller mouths and prodigious, beak-like noses. Skin colour varies through nearly the entire spectrum, though most Trolls are blue or green (which often links them to Greenskins in many people's minds). Very few Trolls are exactly alike, even those who are closely related.

-Trolls have many unique powers to go along with the traits of large creatures (large strength, weight, high running speeds, unarmed reach, etc.). They are not known to age, and are immune to all poisons and disease. This is due to a regenerative system that allows them to heal from nearly any kind of punishment. Victims of Troll attacks attest to an enemy that can regrow hacked-off limbs, replace severed digestive tracts, and even return from decapitation. Only Magic or Fire are known to completely prevent Trollish Regeneration, though large amounts of damage will often do the trick.

-Trolls can live in nearly any territory- their unique digestive tracts allow them to eat things like rock or refuse, though most prefer to eat living beings. Trolls in these regions can often differ greatly from the norm- Rock Trolls are bulky and often appear to be made out of stone, and River Trolls have webbed digits and gigantic crests.

Jab's Notes: I'm not a HUGE fan of Trolls in general, though they're an effective "near-suicidal monster" race to throw up against people. The "Regeneration" aspect is a good case of "+1"-ing something- making a creature slightly more of a threat than before with one notable trait. I actually have a friend who played a Troll Mage in one of those e-mail RPGs that were all the rage a decade ago, and it inspired me to create a Troll Necromancer character.
Jabroniville

Trolls (Common)

Post by Jabroniville »

COMMON TROLL
Role:
Giant Mook
PL 6 (70)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+3)
Intimidation 10 (+8, +9 Size)
Perception 4 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Rocks) 2 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+2 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment (Club), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown Attack

Powers:
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
"Troll Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Extended Scent 2, Acute Scent, Tracking- Scent) [5]

"Trollish Reach" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Reach) [1]
"Trollish Speed" Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
"Trollish Digestion" Features 1: Can Eat Anything [1]

"Trollish Regeneration"
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
Regeneration 5 (Feats: Regrowth, Diehard) [7]

Equipment:
"Big Honkin' Club" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Restricted- Size) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Big Honkin' Club +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +1

Complications:
Power Loss (Regeneration)- Attacks based upon Magic or Fire will nullify the Troll's famous regenerative capabilities.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 9 (70)

Jab's Notes: Trolls are about as strong as Ogre Bulls despite often being much thinner, and they possess a degree of Immunities and Regenerative powers that make them much more dangerous as a rule. I use Regeneration 5- it's VERY cheap in 3e, but the game's really forgiving healing system kinda reduces the need. For a game system that requires you to actually kill things, you'd probably have to make up your own rules (or copy 2e's).
Shock

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Ogres! Hill & Stone Giants! Geodude! Trolls!)

Post by Shock »

I always liked the idea that trolls reproduce when pieces of themselves get hacked off. The troll grows a new hand and the hand grows a new troll.
Jabroniville

Trolls (Other Versions)

Post by Jabroniville »

ROCK TROLL
Role:
Giant Mook
PL 7 (85)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Perception 4 (+2)
Stealth 4 (+2 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment (Club), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
"Troll Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Extended Scent 2, Acute Scent, Tracking- Scent) [5]

"Mountain Creature"
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Mountains) [2]
"Thick Skin" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 7) [8]
Immunity 10 (Magical Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Enhanced Skills 4: Stealth 4 (+6) (Flaws: Limited to Rocky Environments) [1]

"Trollish Regeneration"

Equipment:
"Big Honkin' Club" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Restricted- Size) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Big Honkin' Club +5 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +8 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +1

Complications:
Power Loss (Regeneration)- Attacks based upon Fire will nullify the Troll's famous regenerative capabilities.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 9 (85)

-Rock Trolls are heavy-set, strong Trolls that are somehow partially-Immune to the effects of Magic. This makes them a Mage's worst nightmare- many Mage Hunters use Rock Trolls as paid mercenaries.

Jab's Notes: My Rock Trolls are sorta like Warhammer's, being a little bit different than the baseline. They're bigger and tougher, and get a full PL higher, though they're defensively still pretty easy to hit.

RIVER TROLL
Role:
Giant Mook
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Perception 4 (+2)
Stealth 4 (+2 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment (Club), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:

"Aquatic Creature"
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]
Enhanced Skills 4: Stealth 4 (+6) (Flaws: Limited to Water Environments) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]

"Trollish Regeneration"

Equipment:
"Big Honkin' Club" Strength-Damage +1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Big Honkin' Club +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +1

Complications:
Power Loss (Regeneration)- Attacks based upon Magic or Fire will nullify the Troll's famous regenerative capabilities.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 9 (79)

-River Trolls are an Aquatic subspecies, known for many of the same habits as Common Trolls, though they are quite a bit stronger in many cases.

MARSH TROLL
Role:
Giant Mook
PL 8 (81)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Perception 4 (+2)
Stealth 4 (+1 Size, +5 Water)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment (Club), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

"Trollish Reach" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 2) [3]
"Trollish Speed" Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Aquatic Creature"
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]
Enhanced Skills 4: Stealth 4 (+5) (Flaws: Limited to Water Environments) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]

"Trollish Regeneration"
Regeneration 7 (Feats: Regrowth, Diehard) [9]

"Troll Vomit" Damage 7 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 7, Secondary Effect 5) (Flaws: Limited to 5/day) [14]

Equipment:
"Big Honkin' Club" Strength-Damage +1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Big Honkin' Club +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Troll Vomit +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 10 (81)

-Marsh Trolls are the largest variety of Trolls, and look by far the most reptilian. Ten feet tall, hideous and covered in scales, these green creatures overwhelm their foes with disgusting acidic vomit and giant clubs. They are primarily solitary creatures, each one having a group of swamps, marshes or bogs to which they call home. More powerful Marsh Trolls have larger areas, while others find themselves working for Bog Dragons.

Jab's Notes: I kind of modified the Warhammer River Troll here, and combined it with Ch'od (heh heh... chode...) from Marvel's Starjammers and the Pathfinder "Marsh Giant", creating a ten-foot tall super-Troll. As tall as a Hill Giant, but much fatter, they're PL 8 like the other mid-tier Giants, and quite nasty.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ettins

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

ETTIN
Creature Type: Monstrous Humanoid, Giant
Typical Adult Height: 10'-13'
Birth Rate: 1-2 infants once every year
Lifespan: 0-9 (Child), 10-20 (Young Adult), 21-40 (Adult), 41-80 (Elder)
Nicknames: Giant Orc
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries & size, little else.
Skin Tones: Grey or brown in varying shades
Hair: Mottled, patchy and short, all over the body
Racial Mounts & Animals: None
Racial Weapons: Large clubs (usually chunks of tree or building materials)
Religion: Orc Gods

Allies: Orcs, Goblins, Bugbears, Minotaurs, Hill Giants, Fire Giants

Encounter Groups:
Solo (1)
Gang (2-5 plus 0-1 Elite)
Band (5-10 plus 0-2 Elites, 0-10 Allies, 0-10 Slaves, 0-1 Monster)

PL Variants:
PL 5-6: Weaker Specimens
PL 7: Common Ettin
PL 8-9: Elites
PL 10+: Important Characters

-Ettins are large hybrids of Orcs and Giants, created in a fit of pique by the Orc & Ogre Gods to create a "hybrid" that effectively combined the best attributes of both races. Unfortunately, the experiment was a failure, creating a horde of stupid, two-headed creatures that failed to live up to expectations. The Orc/Ogre Alliance failed to hold together (the Gods went back to warring, as usual), and so the Ettins fell into disorganized chaos. This suits them just fine, however- they are a solitary and violent race, often focusing on gaining riches, food or ownership of things in general. Despite lacking a true "origin race", Ettins frequently ally with Orcs or Giants as mercenaries. Ettins are the only recurring sentient Human-shaped race on Castellia that has two heads.

Jab's Notes: I really liked Ettins, actually. They and Athaches were interesting "less-major Giants" in the "Monster Manual" books, because they didn't seem like organized races, but they were believable threats to mid-tier fighters nontheless- sort of a "Lesser Hill Giant" or something. I prefer worlds with lots and lots of Giants, and the weird quirks like "two heads" really make them stand out- it's the sign of the designers actually caring about something when they pop up with a unique idea like this.

ETTIN
Role:
Large Brute
PL 7 (67)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+7, +9 Size)
Perception 4 (+2, +8 Two Heads)
Stealth 4 (+4, +2 Size)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Club), Improved Critical (Club), Languages 1 (Human, Orc, Giant), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
"Giant Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Giant's Size" Reach 1 [1]
"Giant Stride" Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
"Wall of Mass" Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]

"Pair of Heads"
Enhanced Skill 6: Perception 6 [3]
Enhanced Advantages: Second Chance 2 (Mind Control, Illusion) [2]

Equipment:
"Huge-Ass War Clubs" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split, Penetrating 4) (7)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+7 Damage, DC 21)
War Club +5 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +3

Complications:
Quirk (Non-Understandable)- Speaking a pigdin of Orc, Human & Giant languages, Ettins are rather difficult for others to comprehend. Most races have a 25-50% chance of undestanding an Ettin's remarks, and so the creature mostly talks to itself.

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 15 (67)

-The Common Ettin is just as powerful and vicious as a Hill Giant, but more boorish and stupid.