Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Donphan! Celebi! Misdreavus!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (World-Building)

Post by Spectrum »

Dinosaur crested knights is beyond awesome! Do they also do it with the lizard type not-a-pokemon?

I played around with doing WoW builds for a while and tried to represent the mounts. They're quite a bit more limited in the game. For the most part, you can only run or fly rather than interact with things in that system. I ended up exploring the idea of using running/flying with lots of limitations on it.

If you are looking for pictures of 'real world' pokemon, let me know. I was collecting them for a while.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thanks! Yeah, they ride pretty much anything tough. Now that you mention it, I should toss some heavy Pokemon into the mix- who'd fit?

My Gallean OC is an ax-wielding Triceratops Rider.

Feel free to share some realistic Pokémon - I gathered a solid array last time I did this, but there's probably even more over the past six years.

And while this is mostly re-posts, I think I'll throw in some new beasts as well- anyone have some Pokémon, D&D monsters, or animals from other fiction they'd like to see? Last time a guy requested Mankey/Primeape, and I actually got a pretty good backstory to them :).
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Somebody (don't remember who...) never made a neogi and umber hulk partnership.

Also, was it you that had the plant? earth elemental? giant that adopts local communities?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Luchador knights riding DINOSAURS!

Jab, I love you.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Skaramine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:17 am Luchador knights riding DINOSAURS!

Jab, I love you.
Also just realized that I could do a set of Masked Knights that ride Onix from Pokemon :).
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:44 pm Thanks! Yeah, they ride pretty much anything tough. Now that you mention it, I should toss some heavy Pokemon into the mix- who'd fit?

My Gallean OC is an ax-wielding Triceratops Rider.

Feel free to share some realistic Pokémon - I gathered a solid array last time I did this, but there's probably even more over the past six years.

And while this is mostly re-posts, I think I'll throw in some new beasts as well- anyone have some Pokémon, D&D monsters, or animals from other fiction they'd like to see? Last time a guy requested Mankey/Primeape, and I actually got a pretty good backstory to them :).
I'd like to see the good old Wolf-In-Sheep's-Clothing:

Also, some generic Mage builds to use as mooks and templates would be nice. As for Pokemon..hm. Ditto, perhaps, though that'd basically be a slime/ooze with a very powerful Mimic/Morph effect. (In game, when Ditto transforms into the opposing pokemon, it copies the moves, stats, and appearance. It works on even Legendaries!) And Hawlucha, because it's a freaking luchador bird. Image
I'd also like to see some more varied Undead builds, too, like mummies, wights, ect. Perhaps Werewolves too.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

OK, I'll take a look into that stuff (especially the WISC)! I didn't realize I'd skipped out on so much Undead last time!
Jabroniville

Dire Bear

Post by Jabroniville »

No "mere" bear stands before you- this creature resembles a Grizzly or Kodiak Bear in proportions and colour, but the animal is clearly twice the height of a full-grown man when on all fours, and it's length rivals that of an Elephant. You face an Apex Predator capable of fitting your entire torso into it's jaws.

DIRE BEAR (Arctodus dirus)
Role:
Giant Arctic Apex Predator, Nightmare Fuel
PL 10 (98)- Minion Rank 7, Sidekick Rank 20
Normal Version:
PL 8-9
STRENGTH 8 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 14 (+15 Size)
Perception 6 (+7)
Stealth 7 (+1 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Extraodinary Effort, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 4 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking) [4]
"Natural Weapons- Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Arctic Predator"
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Arctic) [2]

"Natural Size" Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
Strength-Damage +2 [2]
Impervious Toughness 5 [5]
Protection 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Natural Weapons +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +9

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Bears cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Responsibility (Cubs)- If you mess with a Mother Bear's cubs, you WILL die. Don't even try it.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 18 (98)

-Dire Bears are an apex predator of the Grimmsvell (the Northern regions of the world)- almost no creature would ever attempt to hunt one, and only the most foolhardy or strong Frost Giants would dare take one as a trophy. They are rare in number, as their sheer size makes finding a meat supply difficult at times, and typically only one is found for a hundred miles around- male territories overlap with several female ones.

Jab's Notes: Dire Bears are absolutely titanic creatures, and would be the Apex Predator anywhere unless there were Dragons or something flying around. They're almost the token "Best Animal" in D&D (the stereotypical Druid Powergamer takes this form and "Cast While Shapeshifted"), with only a Spinosaurus or something being bettter. They're PL 10 beasts, and the size of Elephants or Mammoths. They'd need a huge amount of meat to survive, so they'd be thankfully very, very rare.

Era: Fantasty Worlds
Range: Temperate & Arctic Regions
Colouring: Brown, Black, other
Size: Up to 18 feet long (5,000 lbs. plus)
Encounter Groups: Solitary
Diet: Plants, large mammals, humans
Tactics: Lashing out with paws & teeth, using incredible force.
Jabroniville

Dwarves

Post by Jabroniville »

You see a small group of creatures- all shorter than a grown man by a head, but almost as wide- their scraggly beards cover their torso, they talk with a strange brogue, and they smell of ale. In short- the stereotypical Dwarf.

DWARVES
Typical Adult Height: 4'6"-5'2"
Birth Rate: 1-2 infants every 15 months
Lifespan: 0-12 (Child), 13-18 (Young Adult), 19-80 (Adult), 81-350 (Elder)
Nicknames: Stunties, Shorties
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries, size, less body hair and much more delicate features.
Skin Tones: Pink, brown, gray
Hair: Almost any naturally recurring colour (blonde, brown, black, red, gray, white)
Racial Mounts: None (occasionally ponies or horses above ground)
Racial Weapons: Axes, Hammers, Swords
Religion: Any

Allies: Humans

PL Variants:
PL 0: Commoner
PL 1-3: Weaker Specimens
PL 4: Common Dwarf
PL 5: Ironskin, Elites
PL 6: Slayer, Elites
PL 7+: Important Characters

-Dwarves are the short, wide, gruff individuals famous for making their homes beneath the ground- living in massive cave and hall structures, carved out millennia ago, often in ancient cities even the Dwarves have no recollection of building. Long-lived and often lacking in charisma, Dwarves are often mistakenly believed to be a race entirely made up of hard-drinking, humorless warriors who never want to leave their Hall. It is said that they worship gold and newfangled gunpowder technology above all else, and don't like to share or communicate with others. This is partially true, but many Dwarven Questers are known for rogueish habits, wanderlust ways, and even making friends with their famously-different allies, the Elves.

-Dwarves are seen less frequently than other sentient races by way of their hidden homes, but they frequently encounter the brutal Orcs or lethal Dark Elves underground, and as such, these three races have a profound enmity, spoken of in their folklore, religions, and modern-day campaigns against each other. To Humans, Dwarves have always been somewhat genial, but mistrusting as a whole (as Human Thieves make frequent attempts at Dwarven gold), considering them the best of "All the other races", of whom they usually dislike. Being so isolated from others gives Dwarves little opportunity to learn Magical gifts, but there have been several notable Dwarf Wizards nonetheless.

-Dwarf-lands fall directly underneath Human lands in most cases, especially under Gallea & Frankia. Orc and Elf lands also border with their cavernous kingdoms, leading to conflict, especially in gold & ore-rich deposits (Most wars involving the Dwarves involve pure land-grabbing). They are not entirely underground, either- many mountainous regions feature above-ground Dwarven villages, and many large cities of Humankind also feature Dwarven miniature-towns within them. Dwarven craftworking is so famed that most races do not refuse Dwarven presence in their midst.

Jab's Notes: I'm not really a big fan of Dwarves. I get SOME of the appeal (a race of burly tough guys who like ale and honor), but the whole race just seems so dreadfully dull, full of stereotypes, and every Dwarf in every form of fantasy turns out the same for some reason (TV Tropes makes a note of this with "Our Dwarves Are All The Same", riffing on their "Our ______ Are Different" tropes that show how every fantasy Vampire, Zombie, Orc, etc., differs from other companies'. I was even debating including them in my "Official" World, as I had no real use for the race. But I figure they make up a good "Token Good Race" for the Underworld, so I threw 'em in. Plus, two members of The Light Brigade were supposed to be Dwarves- an old Gladiator and a sarcastic Old Soldier-type who DIDN'T HAVE A BEARD.
Jabroniville

Dwarf Fighters

Post by Jabroniville »

COMMON CLAN DWARF
Role:
Implacable Mooks
PL 4 (45)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+5)
Expertise (Building) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Dwarf) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 4, Favoured Foe (Orcs or Dark Elves), Fearless, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) [2]
"Subterranean Features" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

Equipment:
Any Combination of:
"Great Axe" Strike +3, Improved Critical, Penetrating 4 (8)
"Hammer" Strike +2 (2)
"Crossbow" Blast 4, Improved Critical, Penetrating 4, Flaws: Distracting (9)
"Heavy Armour" Protection 2, Impervious 1 (3)
"Shield" Enhanced Dodge 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hammer & Axe +3 (+4-5 Damage, DC 19-20)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (+3 Shield, DC 12-13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +3 (+5 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 6 (45)

-Dwarves are so martial a race that nearly every capable male is a skilled warrior. Possessing well-made, fiercly sharp axes and hammers (and sometimes swords!), the Dwarves of the Clans are sturdy, tough and extremely hard to kill. There is also a famous trend towards courage upon most of the race, as even the rank and file minions will often hold to the last man, going down fighting.

Jab's Notes: Just really tough, bad-ass Mooks, on the same level as most other low-level races. Dwarves are among the few races with inherent Withstand Damage, giving them much higher toughness if they play defensively.

IRONSKIN DWARF
Role:
Elite Mooks, Tanks
PL 5 (56)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Building) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Dwarf) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 7 (+6)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 4, Close Attack, Favoured Foe (Orcs or Dark Elves), Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon), Fearless, Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) [2]
"Subterranean Features" Super-Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

Equipment:
Any Combination of:
"Great Axe" Strike +3, Improved Critical, Penetrating 4 (8)
"Hammer" Strike +2 (2)
"Crossbow" Blast 4, Improved Critical, Penetrating 4, Flaws: Distracting (9)
"Heavy Armour" Protection 3, Impervious 7 (10)
"Shield" Enhanced Dodge 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Hammer & Axe +4 (+5-6 Damage, DC 20-21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (+3 Shield, DC 12-13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +4 (+7 Armour), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 7 (56)

-The Dwarves of Iron are the well-trained elites of the Clans, wearing the finest armour on all of Jab'allah, and being even more skilled than their allies. Everything that holds true for a Clan Dwarf holds doubly-so for the Iron Dwarves, who can take the harshest fire possible and still keep on fighting.

Jab's Notes: These guys are a play on Warhammer's "Ironbreakers", an armoured Dwarf regiment. I figure they're a cooler, better fit than the "Hammerers", who were just standard elites with Hammers. These guys can wield either axes or hammers, though.
Shock

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Humans, Dire Bear, Dwarves)

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 am In short- the stereotypical Dwarf.
I don't know whether to applaud you or boo and hiss
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Just curious, no great End feat for the Dwarves? Dwarves are almost always shown to be sturdy capable of carrying great burdens for long periods of time with out slowing that sort of thing.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Oh sweet, I loved your Fantasy builds before! For me I liked the Dwarves as the unappreciated "frontline" fighters that were constantly holding back hordes of creatures from beyond the mountains and underearth.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:44 pm Thanks! Yeah, they ride pretty much anything tough. Now that you mention it, I should toss some heavy Pokemon into the mix- who'd fit?
There's a couple ones that'd be kind of cool. Rhyhorn, Tauros, or Arcanine (who wouldn't want to ride a 6 foot tall firebreathing liondog?).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:44 pmAnd while this is mostly re-posts, I think I'll throw in some new beasts as well- anyone have some Pokémon, D&D monsters, or animals from other fiction they'd like to see? Last time a guy requested Mankey/Primeape, and I actually got a pretty good backstory to them :).
Some personal favorites of mine are Volcarona (fire moth with a cool look), Magmar, Nidoking/queen, and Gengar.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:55 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 am In short- the stereotypical Dwarf.
I don't know whether to applaud you or boo and hiss
hah! That was totally an accident :)!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm Just curious, no great End feat for the Dwarves? Dwarves are almost always shown to be sturdy capable of carrying great burdens for long periods of time with out slowing that sort of thing.
Hm- I'd never known that to be a Dwarven trait. Hell, Gimli whines about the opposite issue in LOTR.