Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Sudowoodo! Sunflora! Donphan!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Shock

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Heroes! Legendary Beasts! Cubone!)

Post by Shock »

In video games especially, you always multiclass your rogue ;}
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Shock wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:35 pm In video games especially, you always multiclass your rogue ;}
Done that once, it was boring as hell, never did it again ;) :P
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Shock

Post by Shock »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:49 am
Shock wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:35 pm In video games especially, you always multiclass your rogue ;}
Oh man. If you think playing a mage/rogue is boring, I don't know how to help you ;}
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm
Oh man. If you think playing a mage/rogue is boring, I don't know how to help you ;}
Problem was that I already had to mages in the party, so adding a third with just a bit of rogue in it didn't add anything to the game. In fact I felt it detracted a lot because the rogue/mage felt like a second stringer to the two pure mages. I think that the big point here is matter of how one approach challenges: I tend to sneak around a lot and talk before even firing a shot, so for me having a good rogue is a must. In general my feeling is that this is classic pitfall of stealth in non-stealth games, it's boring as hell because it pace at a completely different speed. A stealth game is very much a game of reasoning and logic, it's all about making the waiting engaging, whereas other games are all about minimizing the wait.

Jabroniville

Krom

Post by Jabroniville »

KROM (Centaurian Lancer)
Role:
The Traitor
Family Crests: None
PL 7 (108)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+11)
Expertise (Soldier/General) 7 (+9)
Expertise (Politics) 3 (+5)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+9)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Stealth 3 (+3 Size)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Elric's General), Daze (Intimidation), Close Attack, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 4, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Crossbow), Improved Critical (Lance) 2, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision) [2]
"Horse's Lower Body" Features 1: +2 to Resist Trip Attempts [1]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

"Fire Lance" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [13]
Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (21 points)

Equipment:
"Lance" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach 2, Penetrating 2) (Inaccurate) (6) -- (8)
  • AE: "Javelins" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Ranged 6) (Diminished Range -1) (5)
  • AE: "Short Sword" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
"Full Plate Armour" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)
"Shield" Enhanced Dodge 2 & Parry 1 (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Short Sword +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fire Lance +7 Area (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Lance +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Javelins +9 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (+7 Shield, DC 17), Parry +6 (+7 Shield, DC 17), Toughness +5 (+7 Plate Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Reputation (Traitor)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 27 / Powers: 26 / Defenses: 9 (108)

-Krom is a Centaurian Lancer who betrayed Frankia to their rivals, and was instrumental in the military defeat of the other Lancers. When confronted about this, he revealed his lost faith in the Frankian rulership. Megara made him a sworn enemy, and though she defeated him, she spared his life in order to see him stand trial. Ultimately, he sacrificed his life when Frankia released him and other prisoners in order to give them a fighting chance against a Zombie Horde that had sprung up mysteriously.

Jab's Notes: I actually had this guy built YEARS ago, but apparently never posted him! I never wrote down a backstory either, so I had to base it off of his "Traitor" reputation. I'm fairly certain I based him off of Ernest, the Centaur Knight of mercenary reputation in "Shining Force".
Ken

Post by Ken »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm
She's a mage now, too, besides being a power thief and a flying bric... Oh wait. Wrong thread of Jab's....
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Mergeron

Post by Jabroniville »

MERGERON
Role:
Scrapper, Gruff Teammate
Family Crests: None
PL 9 (116)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+4)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Close Combat (Swords) 1 (+11)
Expertise (Soldier) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Gladiator) 8 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 11 (+10)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 3, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Follow-Up Strike, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Sword) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) [2]
"Subterranean Features" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

Equipment:
Any Combination of:
"Gladius" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Penetrating 4) (7)
"Light Armour" Protection 1, Impervious 3 (4)
"Arm Bands" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 1 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Gladius +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (+11 Shield, DC 10-21), Parry +10 (+11 Bands, DC 20-21), Toughness +5 (+7 Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 31 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 16 (116)

-Mergeron came to join The Light Brigade by virtue of sheer chance: Some of the Brigadiers were partaking in "The Games" in an Eastern land, and came across a mighty Dwarven Gladiator with a staggering win/loss record. The record was impressive alone, but it was the Dwarf's current battle that surprised the heroes. Mergeron the Gladiator was forced up against a mighty, burrowing Onyx Worm! Though he suffered tremendous damage in the battle, Mergeron was victorious, having pushes his Gladius (a Gladiator's short-sword) through the beast's eye, killing it. Though their requests for him to join their team was denied (he was, after all, a mere slave), an ensuing conflict (the heroes were caught between a renegade army of fleeing Slaves, a green Fire Dragon, and the local militia) saw the arena burn to the ground, and many Gladiators break free. Seeing a chance at a new life, and excitement beyond merely "the next battle", the tired old warrior joined the heroes- finally, the chance to fight for something.

-Mergeron is gruff and humourless, like many Dwarves, but has the wisdom of an old warrior. He was enslaved decades ago, after his wandering Band was captured by the local Humans, and he's been a Gladiator ever since. When all his friends and allies died, Mergeron closed himself off from others- no sense in making friends in the gladatorial game. Long since giving up hope for anything but an honorable death in the arena, Mergeron finally came out of his shell when he saw a cause worth fighting for- the saving of the world.

Jab's Notes: Sort of the "Team Wolverine", he's a character I played in a two-game D&D campaign way back in College. Your standard Gruff Dwarf, he's a lifelong Gladiator and ex-slave, and is generally a "Damage Per Second" type of fighter.
Jabroniville

Golduck

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

GOLDUCK
Role:
Psychic Powerhouses
PL 8 (58)- Minion Rank 2, Sidekick Rank 3
Normal Version:
PL 5-6
STRENGTH -2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 10 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended Scent, Low-Light & Extended Vision) [3]
Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [3]
"Semi-Aquatic" Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
"Flappy Attack" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Small Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (3 feet) [9]
(-1 Strength, +2 Defenses, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

"Psychic Pulse" Damage 8 (Extras: Will-Based, 30ft. Burst) (24) -- [28]
  • AE: "Psychic Blast" Blast 6 (Extras: Will-Based, Perception-Ranged) (24)
  • AE: "Psychokinesis" Move Object 5 (10)
  • AE: "Water Gun" Blast 5 (Feats: Accurate 3) (13)
  • AE: "Confuse Ray" Affliction 6 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Transformed to Confused State) (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Psychic Blast -- (+6 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Psychic Pulse +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Water Gun +6 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Birds cannot speak to humans, nor use their wings & beaks to easily manipulate objects.
Vulnerable (Darkness-Based Moves)

Total: Abilities: -8 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 8 (58)

Era: Modern Day
Range: Oceanic coasts
Stereotypes: Stupid and ill-mannered (young); proud and dangerous (adult)
Colouring: Yellow, brown, gold, blue.
Size: Up to 3 feet tall.
Encounter Groups: Small packs of 1-30.
Diet: Small sealife, fish.
Tactics: Flee, or lash out with psionic powers.

-Much-disdained by those unfortunate enough to harrass them, the Golducks are powerful psionic creatures that can be quite lethal, despite their largely harmless appearance. They are peaceful and harmless, feeding on small shrimp and invertebrates, unless provoked. Their golden-hued young are known for suffering from agonizing headaches, which can only be lessened by powerful psychic "outbursts" that can leave dozens of people unconscious if they're in the wrong proximity- though rarely lethal (unless you were swimming nearby), this is considered quite annoying. Golducks themselves are generally blue and quite noble, while their young are infamous for their dumbfounded expressions and behavior.

Jab's Notes: Psyduck is a duck/platypus-like Pokemon most famous for its appearance in the anime series, in which it was a weird doofus Pokemon of Misty's, frequently giving out a confused "PSYYYY--???" and using overwhelming psychic power to wipe out entire rooms full of adversaries. Despite its psionic nature, it was a Water-Type Pokemon with a good number of Psychic-based moves. Golduck rarely appears in the TV series at all, owing to its less-humorous appearance.
L-Space

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Legendary Beasts! Cubone! Psyduck!)

Post by L-Space »

Good old psyduck. I don't really know why I'm so fond of him. He's not particularly cute, doesn't have a remarkable design, and was annoying on the show, but for some reason I love the little bastard and make a point of catching one in each game. *shrugs* Who knows.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Princess Isabella

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

PRINCESS ISABELLA (Human/Elf Blue Mage)
Role:
The Brat, Miss High-and-Mighty
Family Crests: Unicorn & Pegasus
PL 9 (174), PL 10 (174) to Undead & Daemons
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Athletics 4 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Deception 1 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+11)
Expertise (Royalty) 5 (+8)
Insight 3 (+7)
Perception 2 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Ranged Combat (Magic) 5 (+9)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Treatment 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Artificer, Attractive, Daze (Persuasion), Defensive Attack, Equipment, Improved Critical (Magical Bolts), Inspire, Leadership, Power Attack, Ritualist, Taunt, Teamwork, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Half-Elf Physiology"
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

"Magical Might"
"White Magic"
"Shield of Good" Force Field 5 [5]
"Lay on Hands" Healing 10 (Feats: Persistent, Stabilize) (Extras: Energizing 5, Restorative 5) (32) -- [49]
  • AE: "Healing Beam" Healing 10 (Extras: Ranged) (30)
  • AE: "Healing Burst" Healing 8 (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2, Selective +1/2) (Diminished Range -2) (30)
  • AE: "Turn Undead" Blast 11 (Feats: Penetrating 4) (Flaws: Limited to Undead & Daemons) Linked to Weaken Toughness 9 (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited) (25)
  • AE: "Turn Undead II" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Limited to Undead & Daemons) Linked to Weaken Toughness 9 (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited) (20)
  • AE: "Detect Evil" Senses 3 (Evil Awareness- Ranged & Acute) (3)
    "Blue Magic"
  • AE: "Water Bolt" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (18)
  • AE: "Water Wave" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (18)
  • AE: "Wind Storm" Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (27)
  • AE: "Weather Alteration" Environment 3 (120 feet) (Hamper Movement, Cold 2, Visibility) (Extras: Selective) (12)
  • AE: "Cold Wave" Blast 9 (Extras: Fortitude Damage) (27)
  • AE: "Freeze Blast" Blast 9 (Feats: Split, Penetrating 4) (23)
  • AE: "Freeze Blast II" Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (27)
  • AE: "Ice Wave" Snare 9 (Feats: Reversible) (28)
  • AE: "Icicle Storm" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (24)
  • AE: "Chill Wind" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Disabled & Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (18)
  • AE: "Chill Wind II" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Disabled & Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (18)
  • AE: "Ice Objects" Create 9 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (28)
"Ice Bridge" Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Platform) [3]

"Summon Ice Elementals" Summon 4 (Extras: Active, Controlled, Variable- Any Ice Elemental) (Flaws: Limited Uses) [16]

Equipment:
"Pearl Staff"

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Blasts +9 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Area Effects +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Blue Area Effects +9 (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +1 (+6 Shield), Fortitude +4, Will +9

Complications:
Power Loss (Magic)- Isabella must be able to gesture and speak to cast spells. He also requires a Ruby Staff to cast spells without being forced to roll on the Miscast Table if he gets a "1".
Weakness (The Miscast Table)- Like all Mages, if Isellia rolls a 1 for any spell, and she is not carrying a focus object, she will have to roll on the Miscast Table.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 75 / Defenses: 19 (174)

-The moody, contentious, and adventurous daughter of the King of Marsellia, Isabella is the result of a short-lived marriage between the King and a High Elf princess, meant to entreaty Marsellia to the High Elven kingdoms. Tragically for both young lovers, the treaty was not long for the world, and aggressions over trade routes again broke out, and the new Queen was taken back against her will by the High Elf Samurai, leaving a young Isabella motherless. Though she wanted for nothing as far as possessions, games or playmates went, Isabella never fully got over the loss of her mother, becoming an arrogant young woman who detested most authority (especially Elven authority), and became obsessed with the Magical might so known to the Elves.

-The Princess gained power famously quickly, and her bossiness grew. Her father, seeing much of his beloved wife in the young girl's eyes, gave the Princess everything she wanted, much to the chagrin of the Knights charged with protecting her.

Jab's Notes: SPOILERS-- Isabella's mother is an Elf alright- but a Dark Elf named Ak'shazzera, merely presenting herself as a High Elf and using careful manipulation to turn the Elf & Marsellian lands to war. Part of her plan involved marriages and daughters to multiple Kings throughout the land, and many of these will come to threaten the heroes. When she pulls the "*I* am your mother!" bit, who knows what will happen? Isabella is an idea I always get a kick out of- a bratty, lordly woman who criticizes everyone and gets into trouble. I scaled back the brattiness a bit, because some games go WAY too far (Serra in the "Fire Emblem" series always ticked me off- she's bratty like a five-year old- Isabella is bratty like an 18-year old daddy's girl). She also represents another kind of Mage- the double-dipping type with two different schools of attack. I always hated HAVING to take weak-ass Healers in RPGs, as they could never really do any damage- thus I made sure the "Cleric", instead of being a melee fighter, was also another Magic Damage-dealer. She takes a bit from Anri, the King's Daughter in "Shining Force", though in that case, the King was killed, and she was an ultra-serious Princess out for vengeance.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 21, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Re: Princess Isabella

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:32 am Jab's Notes: SPOILERS-- Isabella's mother is an Elf alright- but a Dark Elf named Ak'shazzera, merely presenting herself as a High Elf and using careful manipulation to turn the Elf & Marsellian lands to war. Part of her plan involved marriages and daughters to multiple Kings throughout the land, and many of these will come to threaten the heroes. When she pulls the "*I* am your mother!" bit, who knows what will happen? Isabella is an idea I always get a kick out of- a bratty, lordly woman who criticizes everyone and gets into trouble. I scaled back the brattiness a bit, because some games go WAY too far (Serra in the "Fire Emblem" series always ticked me off- she's bratty like a five-year old- Isabella is bratty like an 18-year old daddy's girl). She also represents another kind of Mage- the double-dipping type with two different schools of attack. I always hated HAVING to take weak-ass Healers in RPGs, as they could never really do any damage- thus I made sure the "Cleric", instead of being a melee fighter, was also another Magic Damage-dealer. She takes a bit from Anri, the King's Daughter in "Shining Force", though in that case, the King was killed, and she was an ultra-serious Princess out for vengeance.
Yea that was always the problem with White Mages (D&D clerics at least get good armor and weapons), and I always wondered why they didn't get some sort of 'Holy Fire/Burning Light' type of attacks for them.
Formerly luketheduke86
Woodclaw

Re: Princess Isabella

Post by Woodclaw »

L-Space wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:41 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:32 am Jab's Notes: SPOILERS-- Isabella's mother is an Elf alright- but a Dark Elf named Ak'shazzera, merely presenting herself as a High Elf and using careful manipulation to turn the Elf & Marsellian lands to war. Part of her plan involved marriages and daughters to multiple Kings throughout the land, and many of these will come to threaten the heroes. When she pulls the "*I* am your mother!" bit, who knows what will happen? Isabella is an idea I always get a kick out of- a bratty, lordly woman who criticizes everyone and gets into trouble. I scaled back the brattiness a bit, because some games go WAY too far (Serra in the "Fire Emblem" series always ticked me off- she's bratty like a five-year old- Isabella is bratty like an 18-year old daddy's girl). She also represents another kind of Mage- the double-dipping type with two different schools of attack. I always hated HAVING to take weak-ass Healers in RPGs, as they could never really do any damage- thus I made sure the "Cleric", instead of being a melee fighter, was also another Magic Damage-dealer. She takes a bit from Anri, the King's Daughter in "Shining Force", though in that case, the King was killed, and she was an ultra-serious Princess out for vengeance.
Yea that was always the problem with White Mages (D&D clerics at least get good armor and weapons), and I always wondered why they didn't get some sort of 'Holy Fire/Burning Light' type of attacks for them.
Sometimes in D&D the problem is quite the opposite and you have clerics that are pretty much as good as a fighter and a damage wizard combined, plus they can heal.

Jabroniville

Vernahl

Post by Jabroniville »

VERNAHL (Male Merman Ranger)
Role:
Aquatic Ally
PL 7 (136), PL 8 (136) to Animals & Devil Rays
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+10)
Expertise (Aquatic Ranger) 9 (+10)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 7 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Aquatic Weapons) 2 (+8)
Stealth 5 (+9)
Treatment 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (Weapon & Armour), Evasion 2, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Trident) 2, Improved Defense, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Sidekick 12 (Swordfish), Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]

"Aquatic Creatures"
Swimming 4 (8 mph) [4]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Cold, Pressure) [3]

"Elite Ranger" Senses 2 (Tracking 2) [2]

"Ranger's Favoured Enemy" (All Have Flaws: Limited to Aquatic Animals & Devil Rays)
Enhanced Advantages 4: Favoured Foe 2 (Animals, Devil Mantas), Ranged Attack 2 [3]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [2]
Enhanced Dodge 2 [1]

"Returning Trident" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
Strength-Damage +4 (Extras: Ranged 6) (Diminished Range -1) (9) -- (10 points)
  • AE: "Melee Trident" Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Reach) (5)
Equipment:
"Barnaclemail Armour" Protection 2 (2)
"Net" Snare 5 (Flaws: 3 Nets- Must Get Them Back to Use Again) (Diminished Range -2) (8)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Trident +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Returning Trident +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+5 Armour), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Seas)- Underwater creatures have a responsibility to protect their portion of the sea from invaders and usurpers.
Enemy (The Devil Mantas)- Vernahl specifically hunts the Devil Mantas, the scourge that enslaved his home village and killed many members of his family.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 32 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 13 (136)

SWORDFISH (Xiphias gladius)
Role:
Giant Sword-Wielder, Sport-Fishing Prey
PL 7 (60)- Minion Rank 5, Sidekick Rank 12
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Sea Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 3 (+10)
Close Combat (Bill) 3 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 7 (+5 Size)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+4 Size)

Advantages:
Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Bill)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended & Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

"Sea Creature"
Swimming 5 (30 mph) [5]
Immunity 1 (Drowning) [1]

"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

"Swordfish Bill" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +3 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Swordfish Bill +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Swordfish cannot speak to humans, nor use their fins to easily manipulate objects.
Disabled- Fish require water to survive, and will die quickly if left out of it.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 8 (60)

Jab's Notes: Here's a side character created as an example of how to make a Player Character out of a Mercreature. Of course he's expensive as hell thanks to the Sidekick rules (having a Sidekick that's the same PL as you is pretty pricey, and for good reason- D&D strongly underrated most of it's Real Animals, and forces Rangers to take weaker animals for the most part).
Jabroniville

Gigarus

Post by Jabroniville »

GIGARUS (Male Minotaur General)
Role:
The Dragon (to Kaiser Elric)
Group Affiliations: Gallea
PL 10 (148)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Expertise (General) 11 (+12)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 10 (+11, +12 Size)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+3 Size)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 3 (Rank- General), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Axe) 3, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Inspire, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown 2, Tracking, Ultimate General Skill

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
Enhanced Strength 1 (Flaws: Limited to Striking) [1]
"Gore!" Strength-Damage +2 (Flaws: Limited to While Charging) [1]
"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

"Axe of the Minotaurs" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [14]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach, Penetrating 5) (Extras: 9 Ranks Each- Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2, Selective +1/2) (18)
"Batter Down the Ramparts!" Weaken Toughness 8 (Flaws: Limited to Buildings) (4)
-- (22 points)

"Minotaur Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 3) (5)
Immunity 5 (Arrows) (5)
-- (10 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Horns +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Axe +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8 (+10 Armour), Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Gallean Power)- Gigarus is loyal to Kaiser Elric, and shares his desire to see Gallean control fall over the continent.
Rivalry (Cygor)- Gigarus is rivals with Cygor, a younger, up-and-coming Minotaur. Cygor schemes against his superior officer.
Relationship (Family)- Gigarus has a mate and three "calves". It is for them, and in their honour, that he fights.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 31 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 18 (148)

-Gigarus is the mightiest of all the world's Minotaurs, and the General of the Gallean Army, answering only to Kaiser Elric himself. The son of Minotaur Island's best General, Gigarus was always destined for greatness, but few believed he would get so far. Taking part in the mandatory military service of all Minotaurs in the Gallean Army, Gigarus excelled, and took to fighting like a fish to water. He rapidly rose through the ranks, and he eventually became the best General. Finally, when he single-handedly slew an Adult Fire Dragon that had scoured his entire warband, his legend was sealed. Kaiser Elric asked for a private meeting, and pushed Gigarus to the Human ranks of the Gallean army, making him a General there.

-This appointment proved unpopular to many (Humans, mostly), but Gigarus refused to heed them. Eventually, his skills allowed him to become the Grand General of Gallea itself- the only non-Human to ever be appointed to that position. Gigarus is noble and dutiful, but also brusque and humorless, a creature of little patience for the immature or inexperienced. He is devoted to the strength of the military, and acts as a father to his men, Human and Minotaur alike. Tactics come naturally to him, and he is the greatest Gallean fighter as well- he leads from the front, using his powerful Axe of the Minotaurs to strike down scores of men by himself. Though he has his enemies, everyone respects his wisdom and power.

Jab's Notes: Gigarus is the formative concept I had when I created the Castellian Minotaurs, several years ago when I was flipping through D&D books at a local "Chapters". Basically this huge black bull carrying around armour and a gigantic Axe, he is the classic case of the "Loyal Enemy General" who opposes the heroes, but a mutual respect lies between them, and he acts with honour and integrity rather than trickery and murder. Most tactical RPGs I've played have at least ONE guy like that- they fight on the battlefield and don't play any games. At PL 10, he's a step beyond most any of the heroes, which makes any victory all the more impressive. His Axe does a TON of damage by Fantasy standards, and excels as a Siege Weapon- he can tear down the greatest buildings with a Weaken Toughness effect.
Jabroniville

Kaiser Elric

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

KAISER ELRIC (Human King of Gallea)
Role:
The Big Bad (of sorts)
Family Crests: Red Dragon & Triceratops
PL 11 (236), PL 12 (236) Defenses
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Athletics 4 (+11) -- Flaws: Limited to Riding
Close Combat (Axes) 1 (+12)
Expertise (Knight) 8 (+12)
Expertise (Ruler) 11 (+15)
Insight 8 (+12)
Intimidation 5 (+10)
Perception 5 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit 5 (King of Gallea), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment, Improved Critical (Axe) 2, Improved Smash, Inspire, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Ultimate Knight Skill, Ultimate Ruler Skill, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Yearly Potion Intake" Immunity 1 (Poison) [1]

"Eight Great Weapons- The Armour of Gallea" (Flaws: Removable) [56]
Enhanced Strength 2 (2)
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 1 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Movement) (1)
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 11) (16)
Immunity 6 (Fire Damage, Heat) (6)
"Aura of Terror" Affliction 8 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Area- Visual Perception, Selective, Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited to Fear) (40)
Enhanced Advantages 5: Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative, Last Stand, Ultimate Toughness Check, Withstand Damage (5)
-- (70 points)

"Helm of Mental Power" (Flaws: Removable) [12]
Immunity 10 (Mental Powers) (10)
Enhanced Will Save 5 (5)
-- (15 points)

"Shield of Eternities" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [23]
Deflect 12 (Extras: Reflection, Redirection) (36)
"Shield" Enhanced Dodge & Parry 1 (2)
-- (38 points)

"Axe of the Red Dragon" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [12]
"Flame of the Dragon 1" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (18) -- (20 points)
  • AE: "Flame of the Dragon 2" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (18)
  • AE: Strength-Damage +5 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Penetrating 8, Variable- Fire & Damage) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Armour +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Axe +12 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (+12 Shield, DC 21-22), Parry +11 (+12 Shield, DC 20-21), Toughness +4 (+9 Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +10 (+15 Helm)

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 104/ Defenses: 18 (236)

-Kaiser Elric is the latest in a long line of Gallean rulers, but he may be the greatest of them all- the nation was once split into 35 separate States, each with their own customs, and ruled by their own Baron-King. Elric is responsible for merging all of them together, utilizing military strength, alliances, and political maneuvering. A famous military commander (and locator of talent, he would insist- he maintains an excellent circle of leaders of various stripes- Gigarus the Minotaur leads his armies, while Dark Egen controls the Gallean Mages, and General Tarkus marshalls the Masked Knights), Elric is responsible for the current surge in Gallean might. Gallean territory has expanded in recent years, covering the once-Marsellian territory between the two great nations, as well as active campaigns that took back some land from the Undead Armies, and it threatens to push further North into the Grimmsvell at the same time. A great military commander, but also a leader, Elric knows that strong leadership is necessary for a nation to survive, and he insists upon combining all Humans on Castellia under his banner- a reflection of the old Empires that fell into disarray. He holds no true hatred for Marsellia or even other Races- it's a matter of pragmatism. Great evil exists in the world, and a strong, unified Human force is the best way to combat it.

-To gain power, Elric has no doubt had to do some vicious things. He knows that the Mages of Gallea are often dark, twisted beings aligned with dark forces, and he knows that his armies may pillage and destroy innocent villages. But this is the cost of leadership and conquest- he sheds no tears, but he still mourns unnecessary violence. His armies have made alliances with the Fire Giant Slavers (in response to Marsellians meeting with Frost Giant emisaries), Orcs and even some allied Undead, while also hiring on great Mercenary forces- the cost being paid for by looting and pillaging.

Jab's Notes: Elric represents sort of a conqueror like Alexander or Genghis Khan- a great guy to work for, but his armies do some nasty stuff if you're on the wrong side. He isn't out-and-out EVIL, but he'll ally with just about anything to get what he wants, and he knows plenty of bad things go on amongst his Generals and the Baron-Kings. He's also a lethal combatant, using one of the Eight Legendary Weapons

Gallea has many small nations contained within it, often created along the divisions of old tribal lands before modern recording. Each of these regions is ruled over by a Baron-King, all subserviant to the Kaiser, Elric. In total, these nations number 35. Only four are especially large or powerful compared to the others- the rest maintain more minor power and smaller populations. Five are city-states.

These Kingdoms include:
Tutonia- Many blonde-haired people, particularly the upper class of Nobles and the Royal Family. Their king wears a small Van Dyke-style goatee, and wields long, thin axes in pairs. The Royals and Knights wear all white.
Beldara- A small city-state, with an intensely-loyal core guard of Knights. The Kingdom is tiny by comparison to other Gallean nations, but it is well-defended by a mountainous peak- making it an impenetrable fortress. The army maintains a few squadrons of aerial fighters atop Pterosaurs, Hippogriffs, and whatever other flying creature they can muster, as well as some high-tech cannons, ballistae, and other ranged weaponry.

Rellania- An introverted, xenophobic region with deep superstitions and a history of magic. Some of Gallea's most-powerful Mages come from this region, but few are overly trusted. Rumours abound of their Royals collaborating with (or actually being) Demons. These people are of a different racial stock than most Galleans, being dark haired, and of darker complexion.

The Samarland- The Knights of this region originated the Rhino Riders, a cavalry unit of Knights based around riding large Rhinoceros species into battle. Though quite rare in the region by the onrushing of civilization, the Rhino Riders selectively bred the remainder into a strong, hardy breed capable of taking riders. Though frequently savage and unrefined beasts, these Rhinos are much less vicious than their wild cousins.

Minotaur Island- The only full city devoted to the Minotaur on the main continent, Minotaur Island is in the middle of the Lake of Praxias, at the heart of the Gallean Kingdom. It was given to the Minotaur as a gift following their assistance of the Galleans in the Nine Years War against Marsellia three centuries ago. It exists as a semi-modern city of low technological advancement, but modern culture. It is ruled by a Sire Council of powerful or wise warriors, and as a whole, they lend their forces to Gallea. All male Minotaur are inducted into the Minotaur Guard, the shock infantry of the Gallean Empire, for a period of six years, after which they may be discharged.

Denellia- The Northeastern-most region, closest to Nordic & Frost Giant lands.

Andalasia- A Northern nation on the coast, this is the centre of the Gallean Navy, where their ships are built, and their sailors are trained.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.