Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Sudowoodo! Sunflora! Donphan!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Chouatl! Chuul! Celestials!)

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:51 am I have a relatively stupid question but am I missing the Spell like abilities and or magic that the solars and other celestials are supposed to have? all I see in the builds are ginormous nasty fighters who can admittedly fly and D gate. But im not seeing what id expect in Angelic abilities or powers.
I mentioned it a bit on this page, but I DESPISE typing all that down, and I hate that they’re uniform, so I made it so each can be unique. I leave out those spells for Celestials, Couatl, Slaad, Demons and everything else.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:22 am
catsi563 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:51 am I have a relatively stupid question but am I missing the Spell like abilities and or magic that the solars and other celestials are supposed to have? all I see in the builds are ginormous nasty fighters who can admittedly fly and D gate. But im not seeing what id expect in Angelic abilities or powers.
I mentioned it a bit on this page, but I DESPISE typing all that down, and I hate that they’re uniform, so I made it so each can be unique. I leave out those spells for Celestials, Couatl, Slaad, Demons and everything else.
I'm with you on that. Some of those spell like abilities are too much of a pain to mimic and typing out 10 AE's for everyone of them is just more pain. Prodigy Duck did most of them on his fantasy builds, though, so if you're looking to reference them, he has them. When I get around to the celestials, I might do a couple but not every one of them the Monster Manual shows.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh yeah- Prodigy's thread was a HUGE inspiration to mine- I think I followed his D&D conversions more closely than anything else on the entire Think Tank- I was bummed he didn't just completely replicate the whole thing elsewhere :). Looking at his massively powerful creatures, with 20+ Alt-Effects, was an eye-opener. Now THAT is putting the work into it!

The only time I ever tried the equivalent was this Cetaceal Agathon: http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 049#p29049
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ELEMENTAL PLANE OF FIGHTING:
-One of the most unusual Elemental Planes, the Plane of Fighting is known for one thing, and one thing only- mass combat. Beings who spend time there are filled with an overwhelming desire to engage in physical combat with anyone nearby, eventually developing a permanent psychosis around it. This would normally cause the Plane to have a decelerating population, but the very energy that turns everyone violent also imbues everyone with limitless regenerative powers- nobody dies violently on this plane, unless completely disintegrated.

-Creatures who spend significant time on the Plane eventually lose their minds entirely- they are obsessed only with The Fight. They soon forget how to speak, drop all of their weapons to allow for more efficient unarmed combat, and more. The bodies of travellers eventually shift as well- often developing outsized limbs, hunched appearances (so they always appear in a "Fighter's Stance"), and more. Humanoids typically transform into the Hitmon-type creatures, usually turning brown in the process. Reptilians turn into Machokes. Most other creatures alter in similar ways.

-For these reasons, the Plane of Fighting is rarely explored, and sane people avoid it- anyone who spends more than a week there is usually permanently changed, and getting this altered costs a pretty penny. Nobody rules this plane, as there are no rules aside from "Fight the person next to you". Its population is usually derived from either accidental travellers, or those who sought out greater competition- these fight-obsessed types have paid the ultimate price... or won the ultimate prize.

Jab's Notes: I came up with the Elemental Plane of Fighting a long time ago, to justify the "Fighting Pokemon". It seemed the best possible, and most absurd, way to justify all of these untintelligent, humanoid martial artists running around.
Jabroniville

Hitmonchan, lee & top

Post by Jabroniville »

HITMON
Role:
Obsessive Fighter, Unintelligent Warrior
PL 6 (51)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 3 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+5)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers:
Immunity 5 (Interaction Skills) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 11 (51)

Varieties:
PUNCHING TYPE- PL 6 (56): "Comet Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Split), "Keen Eye" Immunity 2 (Accuracy-Diminishing Powers) [5]
-These Hitmons grow very large fists, red with power and the ability to blast through concrete.

KICKING TYPE- PL 6 (56): "Mega Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Reach), "Limber" Immunity 2 (Paralysis) [5]
-These Hitmons develop extremely long, extendible legs.

SPINNING TYPE- PL 6 (55): Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9), Evasion, Dodge +2 [4]
-This, more rarely-seen type is known to spin on its head, lashing out with great speed.

-Humanoids who have spent time in the Elemental Plane of Fighting undergo a tremendous physical change, soon losing the ability to speak entirely. They have become Hitmons- mouthless beings, constantly stuck in fighting poses. Some are more focused on punches (their hands slowly form into permanently-clenched, large fists), while others focus on kicks (developing longer legs). Some melee fighters consider these to be a beautiful "personification of battle", but only the most obsessive would ever attempt to actually become them.

Jab's Notes: Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan are two of the more random Pokemon in the game, lacking much imagination or even any Evolutions- they're just kinda there to add more Fighting Types to a game lacking in them. They were only used in background fights in the TV show, and this is back during the "Original 151" era, where EVERYONE got episodes of focus! You only received one or the other in the game- a champion at the Fighting Dojo in Cerulean City gave you a choice. As this was a city in which the Gym Leader's Pokemon were at Level 38, these Level 20 guys were WAY under-powered by the time you finally got them! I'd imagine most players stuck with the Machop Evolutions.

-The second game introduced a Pre-Evolution that was related to both of them, Tyrogue. If his Attack grows higher than Defense, he evolves into a Hitmonchan at Level 20. If the opposite, he becomes a Hitmonlee. If the two stats are the same, Tyrogue becomes a Hitmontop- a new, third option that spins on his head and resembles a dreadlocked Capoeira fighter. This one failed to take off in the series, either, giving us an odd FOUR POKEMON devoted to one thing that barely ever shows up in the supporting media.

-Hitmonchan is called "Ebiwalar" in Japan, after a World Champion boxer of theirs. In the West, he's named for Jackie Chan. Hitmonlee/Sawamular is named for Tadashi Sawumar, a notable kickboxer, in Japan, and Bruce Lee in the West. Hitmontop is named for the spinning top, while his Japanese name, "Kaporer", is obviously derived from the martial art upon which his style is based.
Jabroniville

Machamp

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

MACHAMP
Role:
PL 7 (62)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers:
Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Extended & Acute Scent) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 10 (62)

MACHOP- PL 6 (54): ST -2, STA -2 [-8]
-Machops are smaller, and usually descended from Skinks or Kobolds, or immature Lizardmen.

MACHAMP- PL 7 (62): [0]
-This is the typical type.

FOUR-ARMED MACHAMP- PL 8 (75): FIGHTING +2, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Extra Limbs 2, Muliattack Strenght-Damage 6 [13]
-Shokan, already obsessed with martial strength, develop into four-armed Machamps, who are usually much more powerful than their kin.

-The Machamp are what happens when Reptilian humanoids enter the Elemental Plane of Fighting. Retaining some of their innate characteristics, they nonetheless drop in intelligence, becoming unspeaking, barely sentient creatures, obsessed with physical combat. Though any reptilian tends to turn into one of these creatures, those altered from Shokan develop four arms, making them even more lethal. These creatures are prized fighters, and if they end up on Castellia, are usually captured by those who either use them for animal battles, or as gladatorial warriors against sentient beings. Their single-minded devotion to beating others senseless makes them very popular creatures to watch.

Jab's Notes: The Machop/Machoke/Machamp line is probably the iconic "Fighting Type" Pokemon, owing to its three-tiered evolutionary chain, the only one for that type in the original game. It also helps that it's a very powerful creature that you can get fairly early in the game, meaning that most players developed an early attachment to the creatures, and trained them up to an elite level. They were rarely a major feature in the cartoon, though Team Rocket leader Giovanni had one. Machamp and its lineage resemble wrestlers, being muscular creatures with championship belts.
Jabroniville

Poliwhirl

Post by Jabroniville »

POLIWHIRL
Role:
PL 7 (84)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers:
Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Extended & Acute Scent) [3]

"Aquatic Physiology"
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Aquatic) [2]
Swimming 3 [3]
"Water Gun" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate 3) [15]

"Damp" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Source- Water) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Water Gun +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 10 (84)

-Slaad that descend into the Elemental Plane of Fighting become Poliwhirls- spiral-shaped symbols appear on their stomachs, they turn blue (sometimes red or green), and they gain the trademark obsession with brawling. Unlike most creatures from that Plane, they are semi-aquatic, and develop water-based attacks in addition to unarmed combat skills.

Jab's Notes: Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath is one of the lesser-seen Water Types of the Original 151, even though Misty caught one that eventually evolved into the later-introduced Politoed. I was surprised to find this out, and research reveals that this was 111 episodes into the series when it first appeared, and over ONE-HUNDRED LATER when it hits its final evolution, which to me indicates that it wasn't a major factor. Apparently it was the final "First Generation" Pokemon ever captured, and was typified by a lack of confidence (as a Poliwag, it was exceptionally clumsy on land, too). It disappeared from the series with Misty (who would always be replaced with the new "Girl Design" character). Most of the time in the series, Poliwhirls and Poliwraths were used as eye-catching backgrounders and "filler" for certain fights.

-They're really not that inventive, more or less being a filler- a bipedal blue thing with "40s cartoon character" gloves, eyes and a big spiral-shaped symbol on its stomach. Despite that, Poliwhirl's distinctive appearance has put it on various Poke-symbols, like on the cover of TIME Magazine or on Tokyo's Pokemon Center. It also received a FOURTH stage- a frog-like Politoed that appeared in the second generation of games. Politoed isn't Water/Fighting like Poliwrath was- it's pure Water, but actually has a few Psychic-Type moves. I find the "Shiny" version much cooler-looking, with blue and pink as the colors instead of green & yellow.

-The spiral pattern on the belly of these guys is supposed to invoke the Glass Frog, who has transparent skin, allowing observers to see their internal organs. Naturally, the beginning as an armless, long-tailed "Poliwag" is meant to represent the metamorphosis of a tadpole into a toad or frog. Poliwhirl is one I decided long ago would be from the Plane of Fighting, since I had no real other ideas for the things. It's basically a Machamp with a Water Gun.
Jabroniville

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Hitmonlee/chan! Machamp! Poliwhirl!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And that does it for the Fighting-Type Pokemon I'd yet to stat! So they don't have the most in-depth Origin Story or Ecology- I was trying something, and was running out of unique stuff :). I'll slowly add more Pokemon over the next while- the remainder are as follows:

1) Magneton-Magnemite
2) Voltorb-Electrode
3) Electabuzz
4) Jynx
5) Mr. Mime
6) Pinsir
7) Aerodactyl
8) Kabuto-Kabutops
9) Omanyte-Omastar
10) Slowpoke-Slowbro
11) Snorlax
12) Butterfree-Metapod-Caterpie
13) Pidgey-Pidgeotto-Pidgeot
14) Venomoth-Venonat
15) Diglett-Dugtrio
16) Poliwog-Poliwhirl-Poliwrath
17) Ekans-Arbok
18) Cloyster-Shellder
19) Meowth-Persian
20) Seaking-Goldeen
21) Tentacool-Tentacruel
22) Lapras
23) Seel-Dewgong
24) Krabby-Kingler
25) Porygon
26) Jigglypuff-Wigglytuff
27) Kangaskhan
28) Chansey
Spectrum

Re: Poliwhirl

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:44 am -The spiral pattern on the belly of these guys is supposed to invoke the Glass Frog, who has transparent skin, allowing observers to see their internal organs. Naturally, the beginning as an armless, long-tailed "Poliwag" is meant to represent the metamorphosis of a tadpole into a toad or frog. Poliwhirl is one I decided long ago would be from the Plane of Fighting, since I had no real other ideas for the things. It's basically a Machamp with a Water Gun.[/i]

We have two common types of lizard around here. The adorable brave little dragons, anoles.. that puff out that red throat and try to look all fierce (and have some minor color change ability)

and the common house gecko, ugly f-ers with their creepy transparent bodies that show off their ewwww internal organs

We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh good! A comment on this thread, again! I was concerned that my Poke-builds were drawing literally nothing, and that my big plan on capping off this thread with them would be wasted effort, lol.
Levander

Post by Levander »

I love your idea of introducing Pokemon in a general fantasy setting and tying them to the elemental (or "elemental") planes. Gotta copy it sometime. :P
Jabroniville

Giant Racing Birds

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImageImage

GIANT RACING BIRDS
Role:
Giant Birds, Racing Creatures
PL 6 (61)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 10 (+12)
Close Combat (Beaky Bite) 2 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Evasion, Improved Initiative

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Extended Scent, Low-Light & Extended Vision) [3]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
"Wind Storm" Move Object 5 (Flaws: Limited to Away) [5]
"Big Pecks" Immunity 2 (Defense-Lowering Afflictions) [2]
"Keen Eye" Immunity 2 (Accuracy-Lowering Afflictions) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Birds cannot speak to humans, nor use their wings & beaks to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 13 (61)

-A common and popular sport among Elves in various communities is the racing of large birds, typically those magically altered from their original, smaller incarnations into larger, faster forms. Much fame and respect is given to those who manage to create the fastest, most capable of these creatures, especially if the origins are especially humble. Both High Elves and Wood Elves are known to engage in this sport, often using pigeons, crows, cardinals, robins or bluebirds as the progenitors, raising up several generations to create the best combination of traits. Agility, speed and hardiness are favored traits.

-Only rarely are these creatures used for fighting- Giant Eagles are much more capable warriors. However, the birds make excellent chariot-fliers- many archers will sit in small chariots behind one or two of these, using them as highly-mobile archery platforms.

Jab's Notes: The "Pidgey" line is a famous one in Pokemon history, as Ash caught one as his primary Flying Pokemon in the very early days of the show. It soon became one of his main Pokemon, and a constant sight in the show, albeit lacking the personality of Pikachu or the "Starter" Trio. It eventually left the group not long after evolving into a Pidgeot. The Pokemon series as a whole would add a new "Pidgeotto"-like creature in every generation, though only rarely would they be three-tier Evolutionary lines like this one was. To be honest, these are nearly always useful creatures, as "Fly" is a necessary power in the games, and this is usually one of the first creatures that can get it- most games typically include two different bird-type Flying Pokemon for these purposes, though one is often more evil-looking (like the infamous Spearow of the first generation of games).

-Pidgey and co. are generally drawn as various birds, not resembling pigeons. Pidgey resembles a sparrow, while Pidgeotto & Pidgeot are larger Birds of Prey. The second generation used Noctowl as Ash's main one (a Shiny/alternate-colored version- one of the only ones to be owned by a main character), and the third used Swellow. There is also Unfezant (a gamebird-like one), Staraptor (a bird of prey with an impressive crest) and Talonflame. They are almost all Normal/Flying Type bird Pokemon, though Talonflame's three Evolutionary stages are all unusually Fire-Types, too.

-I kind of didn't know what to do with the "Pidgey" line in Castellia, owing to the fact that Castellia already has a ton of Flying Mounts, Giant Eagles, and other things in the same niche. So ultimately I just figured these things would just be low-tier "Racing Birds", less capable on offense (where they're only PL 3). The variability of them allows for creatures of various types, depending on which Generation of Pokemon you're using- Staraptor, Unfezant and others would work just fine with the same rule-set. If you wanted, you could just upgrade them further in damage capability.
Jabroniville

Aerodactyl

Post by Jabroniville »

AERODACTYL
Role:
Huge-Ass Flying Animal
PL 8 (73)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Aerobatics 2 (+3)
Intimidation 10 (+8 Size)
Perception 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Move-By Action, Power Attack

Powers:
"Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Powerful Wings & Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 3) [4]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Geokinetic Creatures"
Protection 2 [2]
"Rock Throw" Blast 7 (Feats: Accurate 3) (Flaws: Source- Rocks) (10) -- [11]
  • AE: Move Object 6 (Flaws: Limited to Earth) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+7 Damage, DC 21)
Wings & Teeth +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Rock Throw +7 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +9, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Cold Climates)- The Age of Reptiles was a much hotter time period than our own. Creatures from that era will be more susceptible to Cold and Ice-based attacks.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 9 (73)

-The enormous Aerodactyls are magically-modified creatures similar to the large Pterosaurs frequently found around Castellia. They possess rock-like skin, and have attained minor geokinetic power- odd for flying creatures. It is thought that proximity to geological extremes and magical ley lines has shifted these creatures. Aerodactyls would ordinarily highly-prized flying mounts, but are so hard to train, and so extremely dangerous, that few have ever made a continuous attempt. Typically, a would-be trainer will suffer all sorts of calamity- bitings, avalanches, and more- that they will swiftly give up or the creature will make an escape. Aerodactyls are very uncommon, and usually only group together for the laying of eggs, at which point the parents separate.

Jab's Notes: Aerodactyl is fairly unique in Pokemon- a first-generation creature that has NEVER received an extra evolutionary state! There's only a tiny handful of cases of this in the game. It's also the extremely rare Rock/Flying Dual-Type, which is practically unheard of (given how both are complete opposites)- only Aerodactyl, Minior and Archeops have this combination. The creature is also very cool-looking, and comes from the same "Fossil-Finding" stage that produces either Kabuto or Omanyte- two forgotten Pokemon that never really mattered- unlike those two, you don't have to pick- you always get an Aerodactyl. I recall it being thought of as a serious powerhouse (Rock-Types were disadvantaged in the first game owing to a peculiar Dual-Typing with Ground, making them horribly vulnerable to a huge number of very common attacks- being Rock/Flying negates some of that).

-Aerodactyl has actually brought its name to actual paleontology- the Aerodactylus genus is named for it. It received a Mega Evolution during a later generation of the Pokemon games as well.
Jabroniville

Digletts

Post by Jabroniville »

DIGLETT
Role:
Horde Animal, Geokinetic Rodent
PL 6 (37)
STRENGTH
-5 STAMINA 0 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING -2 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 10 (+5)
Close Combat (Bite) 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Earth) 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Close Attack 5

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Fun Size" Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (6 inches) [25]
(-3 Strength, +6 Defenses, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

"Geokinetic"
Burrowing 8 [8]
Immunity 6 (Electrical Damage, Sandstorms) [6]

Move Object 1 (Flaws: Limited to Earth) [1]
Move Object +5 (Flaws: Limited to Earth, Source- Other Digletts) (3) -- [5]
  • AE: "Rock Toss" Blast 5 (Flaws: Source- Other Digletts) (Quirk: Requires Solid Earth -2) (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +3 (-5 Damage, DC 5)
Bite +5 (-5 Damage, DC 5)
Rock Toss +6 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Will +2

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Digletts cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -24 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 1 (37)

-Digletts are powerful geokinetic moles that live in small clusters of individuals- a solitary Diglett is not very powerful, but their strength grows the more of them are present, meaning that a larger colony can be quite devastating when acting in concert. They appear in clusters so frequently, and massed so closely together, that some suspect that groups may share a single body, but this is untrue. Their powers come from proximity to Stone Giants, Elementals and other creatures- as small creatures are prone to rapid procreation, rapid evolutionary processes will occur next to magical entities, and the natural capability they have with earth and stone only makes this more pronounced. Though wild, the creatures can occasionally be tamed enough to direct towards burrowing through earth in specific areas, making building and demolition much easier prospects.

-Though groups of Digletts present a dangerous adversary, they are only marginally stronger and more durable than most rodents, meaning that hit and run tactics, or sheer stealth, is required in dangerous situations.

Jab's Notes: Another great "Filler" Pokemon, Diglett cleverly becomes a trio once it evolves. A pretty simple-looking creature (just a brown tube with eyes and a nose), it's about the plainest Pokemon ever, but is suitable for adding to the ranks of the earliest game, and the Dugtrio (just three Digletts) is a cute concept. They evolve early (Level 26) and only have a few powers- the hallmark of an "Early Pokemon". They appear frequently in the cartoon, much like other quality "background" Pokemon (Nidorans, Raticates, etc.), especially since they actually occupy a "niche"- they can be trained to work on construction and the like. One signature episode actually featured them in this context, along with some Dugtrio. The game set in Alola adds things like goofy haircuts (1970s hair in the Dugtrio's case), as well as mixing in the "Steel" type with the Ground-type.
Spectrum

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Pidgeot & Co.! Aerodactyl! Diglett!)

Post by Spectrum »

I'm confused.. what do you mean Diglett isn't the heads of three oiled up muscle guys?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.