Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Diglett! Voltorb! Magneton! Oni! Electabuzz!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville
Posts: 9049
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Nalfeshnee

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Image

Boy, this "ProdigyDuck" guy is really good! We should totally invite him here to check out our stuff :)!

NALFESHNEE
Role:
Powerhouses
PL 10 (200)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Demon) 7 (+12)
Insight 4 (+9)
Intimidation 6 (+12)
Stealth 5 (+5, -1 Size))

Advantages:
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Takedown

Powers:
"Demonic Physiology"
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
"Telepathy" Communication (Mental) 1 [4]
Comprehend 3 (Understand, Speak & Read Languages) [6]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2]
Features 1: All Attacks Have "Evil" Descriptor [1]

Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]

Flight 4 (30 mph) [8]
Senses 6 (Magical Awareness- Acute, Ranged 2, Vision Penetrates Concealment 2) [6]
Strength Damage +1 [1]
Mind Control 10 (40) -- [42]
  • AE: "Soul Blight" Blast 10 (Extras: Perception-Ranged, Will Damage) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) (30)
  • AE: Mind-Reading 9 (18)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Mind Control -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Illusion, DC 20)
Soul Blight -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Will Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10, Fortitude +11, Will +8

Complications:
Vulnerable (Holy Attacks)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 89 / Defenses: 17 (200)

-As huge as Glabrezu, these boar-like Demons have dangerous mental powers, and specialize in magic in a way most lesser Demons do not.

Jab's Notes: These guys sound kind of goofy, but CR 16 and over a dozen magical powers makes for a frightening opponent. I figure them for "Mind Control" types in Castellia, but with deadly physical prowess, too. At full-on PL 10 (in a world where "Epic Level" is PL 12), even one is deadly. Never mind that Mental Powers are somewhat rare in this universe.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9049
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Marilith

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:07 am

ImageImage

MARILITH
Role:
Sexy Lady Demon
PL 11 (188)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 10 (+13)
Expertise (Demon) 8 (+12)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+12)
Insight 7 (+11)
Intimidation 6 (+9)
Stealth 5 (+5, -1 Size)

Advantages:
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Takedown 2

Powers:
"Demonic Physiology"
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
"Telepathy" Communication (Mental) 1 [4]
Comprehend 3 (Understand, Speak & Read Languages) [6]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2]
Features 1: All Attacks Have "Evil" Descriptor [1]

Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Senses 6 (Magical Awareness- Acute, Ranged 2, Vision Penetrates Concealment 2) [6]

"Six Arms"
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 6) [6]

"Multiple Swords" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Reach) (Extras: Multiattack 3) (10 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Swords +12 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +10

Complications:
Vulnerable (Holy Attacks)

Total: Abilities: 85 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 17 (188)

-Mariliths are among the most brilliant and cunning of demonkind, and are typically held in status only behing the mighty Balors. They are most-often seen as great lieutenants for Demon Lords. They are snake-like from the waist down, and appear as lovely women with multiple arms from the waist up. Almost all Mariliths are greatly skilled in Magic of some kind, though the exact type varies from being to being, as they are quite diverse in personality and style of combat.

Jab's Notes: Mariliths are CR 16, and among the highest-level of Demons. I made them more of the "High-Accuracy" speedsters, hitting a high PL through that more than their raw power, though they are definitely quite tough.

User avatar
KorokoMystia
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Succubus! Erinyes! Vrock! Cornugon!)

Post by KorokoMystia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:00 pm

I got a couple more suggestions, particularly for the pokemon: Ho-oh and Lugia, to complete the legendary bird set, and perhaps the “God of Pokemon” itself, Arceus. For demons/devils, maybe the Nabassu? That death-stealing/killing glare is nasty, and in the Baldur’s Gate games one of the possible Wild Surge effects causes one to be gated in.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9049
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Succubus! Erinyes! Vrock! Cornugon!)

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am

I can take a look at them. Good to see you back posting! I was worried when you hadn't responded to the Primal Rage builds, but was happy to see you were still active signing in and stuff :).

User avatar
KorokoMystia
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Succubus! Erinyes! Vrock! Cornugon!)

Post by KorokoMystia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am
I can take a look at them. Good to see you back posting! I was worried when you hadn't responded to the Primal Rage builds, but was happy to see you were still active signing in and stuff :).
Yeah, I don't always actively post, but I usually check out the boards every day! And I just thought of a few more Pokemon: Darkrai, Rayquaza (I wasn't sure if you'd statted that one, to go with Groudon and Kyogre), and maybe Deoxys, who is FROM SPACE, is DNA-themed, and has a few diferent forms like an Attack Form, Speed Form, Defense Form, ect.. Also Castform, who changes forms depending on the weather.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9049
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Pit Fiend

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am

ImageImage

PIT FIEND
Role:
Sorta-Balor
PL 11 (203)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 8 (+11)
Expertise (Demon) 8 (+12)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+12)
Insight 5 (+9)
Intimidation 8 (+14 Size)
Stealth 5 (+9, -5 Size)

Advantages:
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Demonic Physiology"
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
"Telepathy" Communication (Mental) 1 [4]
Comprehend 3 (Understand, Speak & Read Languages) [6]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2]
Features 1: All Attacks Have "Evil" Descriptor [1]

Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
Senses 4 (Magical Awareness- Acute, Ranged 2) [4]
Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [9]

"Whip of Fire" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (20) -- [23]
  • AE: Fire Blast 10 (20)
  • AE: "Fire Burst" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (20)
  • AE: "Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 7) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Claws & Teeth +12 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Fire Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Area Fire Attacks +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +10, Fortitude +12, Will +10

Complications:
Vulnerable (Holy Attacks)

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 69 / Defenses: 20 (203)

-Pit Fiends are very similar to the mightier Balors, but are generally less intelligent and more aggressive beasts- meant to truly punish those who've offended their masters. Pit Fiends are also often seen commanding armies themselves! The sight of a Pit Fiend will send anyone "in the know" into fits- their size and power are frightening enough, but the arrival of one on the mortal plane can only mean one of their MASTERS is angry!

Jab's Notes: Pit Fiends fill a very "Balor"-like role among Demons, but they're only around the level of Mariliths, and two CR behind Balors. But they're the same height, wield fire, and have horns & bat wings. It's very weird.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Succubus! Erinyes! Vrock! Cornugon!)

Post by MacynSnow » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 am

There's m'boys! When i GM DnD (which is most of the time,unfortunately.... :?)i like bringing-up at least one of these bad boys,usually about halfway through the Campaign.... :twisted:

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Pit Fiend

Post by kenmadragon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am
PIT FIEND
Role:
Sorta-Balor

-Pit Fiends are very similar to the mightier Balors, but are generally less intelligent and more aggressive beasts- meant to truly punish those who've offended their masters. Pit Fiends are also often seen commanding armies themselves! The sight of a Pit Fiend will send anyone "in the know" into fits- their size and power are frightening enough, but the arrival of one on the mortal plane can only mean one of their MASTERS is angry!

Jab's Notes: Pit Fiends fill a very "Balor"-like role among Demons, but they're only around the level of Mariliths, and two CR behind Balors. But they're the same height, wield fire, and have horns & bat wings. It's very weird.
I think you've got it backwards if you're using the standard D&D. Balors and less intelligent and more aggressive when compared to Pit Fiends. Granted, they're both nasty to fight, but Pit Fiends are typically able to beat Balors in single-combat, and are much better at planning out fights and tactics.

Hell, in 5th Edition, the Balor is CR 19, and the Pit Fiend is CR 20, despite the fact that the Balor is a size category larger than the Pit Fiend, thus a tad faster, the Pit Fiend is the far more capable fighter and more adept spellcaster. The Balor can lead a horde, but a Pit Fiend leads armies.


Jabroniville
Posts: 9049
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Pit Fiend

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:49 pm

kenmadragon wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm
Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am
PIT FIEND
Role:
Sorta-Balor

-Pit Fiends are very similar to the mightier Balors, but are generally less intelligent and more aggressive beasts- meant to truly punish those who've offended their masters. Pit Fiends are also often seen commanding armies themselves! The sight of a Pit Fiend will send anyone "in the know" into fits- their size and power are frightening enough, but the arrival of one on the mortal plane can only mean one of their MASTERS is angry!

Jab's Notes: Pit Fiends fill a very "Balor"-like role among Demons, but they're only around the level of Mariliths, and two CR behind Balors. But they're the same height, wield fire, and have horns & bat wings. It's very weird.
I think you've got it backwards if you're using the standard D&D. Balors and less intelligent and more aggressive when compared to Pit Fiends. Granted, they're both nasty to fight, but Pit Fiends are typically able to beat Balors in single-combat, and are much better at planning out fights and tactics.

Hell, in 5th Edition, the Balor is CR 19, and the Pit Fiend is CR 20, despite the fact that the Balor is a size category larger than the Pit Fiend, thus a tad faster, the Pit Fiend is the far more capable fighter and more adept spellcaster. The Balor can lead a horde, but a Pit Fiend leads armies.
Then 3rd Edition D&D is the one that changed things. Their Balor is INT 20 and CR 18, while the Pit Fiend is INT 20 and CR 16. So the Balor isn't actually smarter, but it is overall more dangerous.

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: Pit Fiend

Post by Woodclaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:49 pm
kenmadragon wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm
Jabroniville wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am
PIT FIEND
Role:
Sorta-Balor

-Pit Fiends are very similar to the mightier Balors, but are generally less intelligent and more aggressive beasts- meant to truly punish those who've offended their masters. Pit Fiends are also often seen commanding armies themselves! The sight of a Pit Fiend will send anyone "in the know" into fits- their size and power are frightening enough, but the arrival of one on the mortal plane can only mean one of their MASTERS is angry!

Jab's Notes: Pit Fiends fill a very "Balor"-like role among Demons, but they're only around the level of Mariliths, and two CR behind Balors. But they're the same height, wield fire, and have horns & bat wings. It's very weird.
I think you've got it backwards if you're using the standard D&D. Balors and less intelligent and more aggressive when compared to Pit Fiends. Granted, they're both nasty to fight, but Pit Fiends are typically able to beat Balors in single-combat, and are much better at planning out fights and tactics.

Hell, in 5th Edition, the Balor is CR 19, and the Pit Fiend is CR 20, despite the fact that the Balor is a size category larger than the Pit Fiend, thus a tad faster, the Pit Fiend is the far more capable fighter and more adept spellcaster. The Balor can lead a horde, but a Pit Fiend leads armies.
Then 3rd Edition D&D is the one that changed things. Their Balor is INT 20 and CR 18, while the Pit Fiend is INT 20 and CR 16. So the Balor isn't actually smarter, but it is overall more dangerous.
I think that's the only instance of it.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

kenmadragon
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Pit Fiend

Post by kenmadragon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 pm
Jabroniville wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:49 pm
kenmadragon wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm


I think you've got it backwards if you're using the standard D&D. Balors and less intelligent and more aggressive when compared to Pit Fiends. Granted, they're both nasty to fight, but Pit Fiends are typically able to beat Balors in single-combat, and are much better at planning out fights and tactics.

Hell, in 5th Edition, the Balor is CR 19, and the Pit Fiend is CR 20, despite the fact that the Balor is a size category larger than the Pit Fiend, thus a tad faster, the Pit Fiend is the far more capable fighter and more adept spellcaster. The Balor can lead a horde, but a Pit Fiend leads armies.
Then 3rd Edition D&D is the one that changed things. Their Balor is INT 20 and CR 18, while the Pit Fiend is INT 20 and CR 16. So the Balor isn't actually smarter, but it is overall more dangerous.
I think that's the only instance of it.
That makes sense. My introduction to D&D was with 3.5, wherein both Pit Fiends and Balors were both CR 20, and they were roughly the same danger level. Only, Balors were a more physical threat, while Pit Fiends were more tricksy and tactical threats.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9049
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Nalfeshnee! Marilith! Pit Fiend!)

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Hm, so they changed it with their mid-edition update? Weird- that explains why I thought Balors were CR 20 until I opened my Monster Manual (from a used bookstore).

Ken
Posts: 1931
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, IL, Earth-Two

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Nalfeshnee! Marilith! Pit Fiend!)

Post by Ken » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 pm

CR?
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 721
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Nalfeshnee! Marilith! Pit Fiend!)

Post by L-Space » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Every time I see the name Glabrezu and I think about the story of the dread Gazebo! :lol:
Ken wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 pm
CR?
Challenge Rating.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Post Reply