Hoid's Blue Rose True20 builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Hoid

Hoid's Blue Rose True20 builds

Post by Hoid »

I am the brand-spanking new owner of a copy of the True20 Blue Rose core rulebook. Everything about this game enchants me. As a gay guy, finding such a LGBT-friendly RPG is like finding buried treasure in your own backyard. (The only other RPG this gay-friendly is Exalted, by White Wolf/Onyx Path.)

So, to celebrate this awesome find, I'm going to use this thread to create True20 Blue Rose NPCs and monsters!
Shock

Re: Hoid's Blue Rose True20 builds

Post by Shock »

Can I ask what makes an RPG gay friendly? I swear I'm not trying to start trouble, I just don't know what in an RPG ruleset would make a difference so I'd like to get your perspective.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

An RPG is, in my mind, 'gay-friendly' when not only is homophobia nonexistent in-setting but is treated as absolutely normal in all respects, even showing up in the gameline's mythology, setting and characters.

The mythology of Aldea has two male deities as lovers, and a piece of fiction early in the corebook is basically about a mother telling her children a story of those deities. One of the listeners, her son, then heads to a local festival with his boyfriend.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

And it's not rules system, but setting. Blue Rose as a setting can use any game system and still be gay-friendly, as it's the world of Aldea, itself I'm referring to.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Ah, setting. yes that makes more sense. Probably should have figured that out myself. Thanks
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Alrighty, then...

As I'm learning True20, these first builds are going to be riddled with errors. As a result, constructive criticism is definitely wanted and needed.

My idea for this thread is this: I'll stat up 10 1st-level characters, then level them up, 1 level at a time, until I hit 20th-level. So, if you're expecting a horde of characters, you're going to be disappointed. This thread is more an experiment on my part to learn True20 in all its intricacies.

I only have the corebook, and neither do I have any 'settingless' True20 books. So, keep this in mind.
Hoid

Table of Contents:

Post by Hoid »

Table of Contents:
1st character placeholder. I'm thinking of starting things off with a human warrior.
2nd character placeholder. Here will be another human warrior.
3rd character placeholder. Here will be yet another human warrior.
4th character placeholder. Here will be a human expert. I'm thinking a spirit dancer.
5th character placeholder. Here will be a human adept.
6th character placeholder. Here will be another human adept.
7th character placeholder. This one'll be a sea-folk of some sort.
8th character placeholder. This one'll be a vata of some sort.
9th character placeholder. This one'll be a rhydan of some sort. Maybe a rhy-horse?
10th character placeholder. This one'll be a rhydan of some sort. Maybe a rhy-cat?

Right now, a lot is still up in the air, but this is my rough outline of a plan.