World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Hideous

Post by Davies »

Hideous

Up until mid-2001, Ron Jacobs was not hideous. Far from it, in fact. Everyone at his job at a warehouse in Bay City thought he should take some acting lessons or maybe do modeling. Ron just chuckled at such notions. The truth was that looking as good as he did took so much effort that he knew he could never manage to keep it up and learn lines, and he also knew that he didn't have enough patience to stand around and take a pose on command like a model would have to do. He was satisfied with the way things were, and the admiring and envious glances he got wherever he went.

Then Lady Blue ruined everything for him. She discovered that there were some interesting chemicals being stored in that particular warehouse, and she wanted to get her hands on some samples, in the process looking good by preventing them from being dumped near a low-rent housing project. She staged a raid on that warehouse, which attracted the attention of the New Champions. Ron Jacobs found himself in a super fight, and he wanted no part of this. So he hid in exactly the right spot to get the chemical dumped all over him when Lady Blue attempted to abscond with one of the barrels and Quantum blasted it open.

Enormous power filled Ron's body, and he was easily able to punch Lady Blue senseless when she descended to see what the chemicals had done to him. This was great! Maybe he could become a superhero, and he smiled broadly at the Champions in preparation for asking about joining the team. In the moment before he did, Seeker, looking appalled, said, "Crikey. The poor bugger's hideous." And Ron turned to look at a nearby mirror, which cracked when he looked at it. Yes, really it did.

Well, no, it really didn't, but good luck convincing him of that. The truth of the matter is, now that the burns have all healed, he's not that much more horrible looking than your typical 'heel' professional wrestler. But Hideous has it firmly fixed in his mind that he's a monstrosity, horrible in the sight of men, and that anyone who looked on his unmasked face would be appalled.

Ron fled the scene, wailing in horror. Ever since then he has lurked in the shadows of Bay City, sometimes exploding forth to attack things that he feels are too beautiful to be allowed to exist, like he once was. He's utterly bewildered by the way that Lady Blue keeps showing up when he does this. It's almost like she arranges for him to hear about such targets and then shows up to use him to make herself look good! (Actually, it's exactly like that.) While it's easy to feel sympathetic for him, such sympathies rarely last once someone actually meets him, for he's an extremely hammy menace to society, often making what he intends to be poignant remarks like "The world is not kind when you are no longer beautiful!" And that sort of thing.

Hideous -- PL 9

STR 12 | STA 12 | AGL 5 | DEX 4 | FGT 6 | INT -1 | AWE 0 | PRE -2
Powers: Fast (Leaping 3, Speed 2), Resilience (Impervious Toughness 8).
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Takedown.
Skills: Athletics 4 (+16), Expertise: Survival 6 (+5), Intimidation 12 (+10), Perception 4 (+4), Stealth 4 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +5, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 12).
Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12, Will 4.
Totals: Abilities 72 + Powers 13 + Advantages 6 + Skills 15 + Defenses 5 = 111 points.
Complications: Vengeance--Motivation. Hatred of Beauty.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: King Cobra, Black Mamba, Mongoose, Lady Blue, Hideous

Post by Davies »

Tomorrow: A Mark Williams illustrated character.
Ken

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: King Cobra, Black Mamba, Mongoose, Lady Blue, Hideous

Post by Ken »

So someone from Enemies I or Enemies II that didn't make it into Classic Enemies?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ken wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm So someone from Enemies I or Enemies II that didn't make it into Classic Enemies?
Mm-hm, because her 4E revision came in a product that came out before Classic Enemies.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Davies wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm So someone from Enemies I or Enemies II that didn't make it into Classic Enemies?
Mm-hm, because her 4E revision came in a product that came out before Classic Enemies.
Someone from Mind Games (402), then as Classic Enemies was 403.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Mindslayer

Post by Davies »

Mindslayer

In 2002, Stacy Turner was a typical Chicago teenager who often had a fair amount of trouble fitting in with her school friends. Just before her sixteenth birthday, she and her parents were contacted by representatives of a parapsychological institute, who claimed that the reasons she was having trouble were due to her latent psychic powers. Stacy's mom, who had recently discovered the concept of 'indigo children', was thrilled to have her suspicions about her child's specialness confirmed, and pushed her husband into agreeing to send their daughter away to be taught how to cultivate her specialness.

Stacy started to have apprehensions about the 'Institute' as soon as she arrived there, for it didn't make any sense that a special school would be located in what looked like an abandoned tenement on the outskirts of Washington DC. By the time she got to the room she was assigned and discovered that the windows were barred and the door locked from the outside, she was fairly sure that something was horribly wrong. Then the experiments started, and it was far too late to have apprehensions.

The institute was a cover for a certain cabal of psychic mages, who were bent on studying the brains of naturally existing psychics, the better to induce such powers in themselves. Stacy's latent capabilities were formidable enough that they attracted the interest of one of the leaders of the cabal, Grand Master Irene Bradford, who took personal charge of the torture of Stacy's mind and body, leaving the late stages of the training of her own daughter in the hands of others. This proved to be a distraction she shouldn't have indulged, when Solitaire turned against the cabal and made her escape.

Of course, rather than learn from her mistake, Bradford dealt with her loss of prestige by taking it out on Stacy. It was her intention now to use the cabal's knowledge of psychic powers to turn her victim into the perfect psychic assassin, who would hunt down the errant Solitaire and put an end to her rebellion. The potential of Stacy's mind was now focused and honed to that one purpose over the next year. And just as before, Bradford put so much effort into the sadistic experimentation that she overlooked certain possibilities.

For example, she never considered that what remained of Stacy's consciousness and personality might resist being annihilated in the service of Bradford's ambitions. Just as the last tiny spark of independent thought in Stacy's mind was about to be extinguished, that spark was able to seize control of the powers that the long process of torture had created, and use them against its tormentor, nearly crippling Bradford with the first psychic 'blow'. Awakening in a damaged laboratory, the girl's first instinct was to escape, and her powers allowed her to do so quite easily.

Most of her memories of life before the experiments were gone, by now. She wandered for some time, drifting into crime and prostitution -- usually using her powers to murder the clients when she got hold of their money. It wasn't until she saw a news report about the Champions of distant Bay City, with a special focus on their youngest member, that something stirred in her memory -- images of the tormentor showing her a picture of a woman and claiming that she should blame her for all her suffering. And then a terrible fury was born.

Ever since, Mindslayer has been one of the most persistent foes of Solitaire, and by extension the other Champions. While her hatred of Solitaire burns most brightly, her loathing of any female superhero has led her to attacks on Star Knight in San Diego, Princess in Emerald City and Minerva in Olympia, along with many others up and down the West Coast. Mindslayer is unaware that her activities are well known to the cabal, who are content to allow her to act as an uncontrolled asset against Solitaire, for now. But Irene Bradford has slowly healed from the damage that was done to her, and one day she will have her vengeance on both the girls who wrecked her ambitions ...

Mindslayer -- PL 12

STR 0 | STA 5 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 6 | INT 5 | AWE 5 | PRE 2
Powers: Clairvoyance (Remote Sensing 9 [visual and mental], AP: Sustained Protection 10, Subtle AND Flight 7, Subtle), Mindslaying (Array: Perception Range Damage 12, Resisted by Will, AP: Perception Range Cumulative Affliction 12 [Resisted by Will; Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep], AP: Mental Communication 3 AND Mind-Reading 12, Sensory Link, AP: Perception Range Damaging Move Object 11, Subtle 2), Mindshield (Impervious Will 12)
Advantages: Attractive, Fascinate (Persuasion), Fearless, Improved Initiative, Trance, Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Deception 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+13), Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion 8 (+10), Stealth 4 (+7)
Offense: Initiative +7, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 0), Mindreaving -- (Perception Range Damage 12, Resisted by Will), Mindnumbing -- (Perception Range Will 12).
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 10, Toughness 15/5, Will 14
Totals: Abilities 58 + Powers 91 + Advantages 6 + Skills 19 + Defense 24 = 198 points
Complications: Revenge--Motivation. Compulsions. Hatred (women).
Davies

Vibron

Post by Davies »

Vibron

In a world where the extraordinary is sometimes distressingly common, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that sometimes people claim to have paranormal advantages when they have nothing of the sort. Such was the case of David Lawson, who had a genuine gift for sonic engineering and a good chunk of musical talent as well. Unfortunately, to make himself stand out a little more, he was fond of claiming that he was a mutant whose synesthesia allowed him to "see sound". Whether this had anything to do with the tragedy is unknowable.

It's certainly not clear whether this claim was what tipped the decision to bring in an expert civilian consultant to the AEGIS Sonic Weapons Taskforce in his direction. Regardless, Lawson was happy to lend his talents to the study of exotic sonic phenomena like the late Maestro's musical weaponry or the despair devices of Miss Eyre, and he contributed a great deal to the agency's understanding of this technology. And then, less than a year into his work on the Taskforce, he was asked to examine a recently discovered "vibronic projector" recovered from a long-shuttered CIA operation. He'd just gotten the ancient device up and running when it exploded thanks to a booby trap that AEGIS' technicians had missed.

To everyone's amazement, including his own, Lawson was uninjured by the explosion. Doctors could find nothing wrong with him, but he was still hospitalized for the night. Lawson found it impossible to sleep, however, thanks to a tingly feeling in his left arm ... which gradually spread to the rest of his body. He discovered that he could exert tremendous force against objects with nothing more than a touch, that when he attempted to restrain himself from doing so he became a wraith-like image without substance. He was in a continuing vibrating state. He was a superhuman, now, for real.

And he would never be normal again. By the time he realized this, he had wrecked most of the hospital ward and AEGIS agents had been called in to try to bring him down. Of course, they failed, having no understanding of what he had become. None of the normals could possibly understand what it was like to lose everything in exchange for something strange and bewildering. It was all their fault anyway. And with this declaration, he launched himself out of the hospital at the speed of sound.

For the next five years, Vibron was a supervillain of note throughout North America, frequently returning to Freedom City as the place of his birth, but just as often terrorizing Bay City or Detroit or Chicago. He earned a reputation as one of the most brutal villains active, as he had no compunction about using his abilities against the normals that he despised (and envied) so much. He was captured, but never held for a long period of time before 2010, when he was transferred into the custody of Project Er.

The scientists there were able to extract the standing wave that had transformed into a being of vibration and thus restore him to normal. A lengthy course of therapy following that depowering apparently cured Lawson of his situational anti-social personality disorder, genuinely curing him of the alienation that he'd experienced. David Lawson left Project Er as one of its most dramatic successes.

He was then found dead three weeks later, in what was initially thought of as an overdose of drugs meant to give him superpowers again. The Raven took an interest in the case and proved that Lawson had actually been murdered by a family member of one of his victims who'd been outraged that he'd received a suspended sentence in exchange for becoming normal once again. "My husband doesn't get to be normal again, so why should he?" cried the murderer as he was taken into custody.

Vibron -- PL 10

STR 4 | STA 5 | AGL 5 | DEX 6 | FGT 5 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: Sonic Form (Damage 10; Flight 8; Immunity 10 [life support]; Insubstantial 3, Materializing), Sonic Shield (Sustained Impervious Protection 5)
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Attractive, Daze (Intimidation), Inventor, Power Attack, Startle
Skills: Close Attack: Vibratory Strike 5 (+10), Expertise: Music 6 (+8), Expertise: Science 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Intimidation 7 (+9), Technology 6 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +5, Unarmed +5 (Close Damage 4), Vibratory Strike +10 (Close Damage 10).
Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10/5, Will 6
Totals: Abilities 62 + Powers 61 + Advantages 6 + Skills 16 + Defenses 17 = 162 points
Complications: Rage--Motivation. Hatred (normals).
Davies

Frizbe

Post by Davies »

Frizbe

Paula O'Donnel was, in 1981, one of the legions of secretaries who worked nine to five, with frequent overtime, in New York's office buildings. The only thing that separated her from any other of those other secretaries was her participation in regular flying disc competitions held in Central Park, where she'd won quite a few tournaments. Yet this wasn't enough to answer a hunger burning inside of her, a hunger to do something more with her life, a hunger for notoriety.

Just where O'Donnel obtained the gravity-defying flying discs that were to become her trademark weapon and means of transportation remains something of a mystery. Nothing in her background suggests that she could have built them herself. While there were plenty of underworld armorers in New York, the devices were uniquely Frizbe's, not used by anyone else Surely, given the success that she enjoyed in her criminal endeavors, she would have had imitators who asked for similar weapons. Yet none of these appeared.

The technology of the discs was in its early days, apparently, as they emitted radiation that caused O'Donnel's skin (though oddly not her hair) to bleach until she resembled an albino member of her ethnicity, and developed an aversion to sunlight. She accepted these changes as a way of permanently separating herself from her civilian identity, and became a night-time burglar and raider. She naturally drew the attention of New York's defender, Crusader, and they clashed inconclusively many times, with Frizbe often participating in villain team-ups directed against Crusader.

In 1987, however, while Crusader was teaching a younger vigilante known as Sniper the ropes of the trade, Frizbe was killed in action -- supposedly accidentally, by Sniper. Crusader doubted the younger man's account of the situation, however, and severed their partnership. Four years later, Crusader himself would be murdered, by the former Sniper, now calling himself Crusade.

Frizbe's flying discs were sent to her only living family member, an older sister who'd married a man named Travers, who buried them in her attic and did her best to forget about them. Her only son, Miles, was another story -- he studied the devices incessantly, and figured out how to correct their leaking radiation. In the mid nineties, just out of college, he founded Bastion Technologies, and eventually marketed his aunt's weapons as micro-gravity generators. Years later, Miles' only daughter Aaliyah uses them as the costumed criminal Freestyle (see Rogues Gallery), unwittingly continuing her family's legacy.

Frizbe -- PL 9

STR 0 | STA 4 | AGL 6 | DEX 7 | FGT 10 | INT 1 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: Flying Discs (Ranged Damage 5, Variable Descriptor 2 [any technological]; Flight 5, Platform; Easily Removable)
Advantages: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Improved Aim, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ultimate Effort (Aim).
Skills: Acrobatics 12 (+18), Athletics 8 (+8), Expertise: Bureaucracy 6 (+7), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 8 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+10), Ranged Attack: Flying Disc 6 (+13), Sleight of Hand 4 (+12).
Offense: Initiative +6, Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 0), Flying Disc +13 (Ranged Damage 5)
Defense: Dodge 12, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/4, Will 7
Totals: Abilities 64 + Powers 10 + Advantages 8 + Skills 30 + Defenses 15 = 127 points
Complications: Fame--Motivation. Weakness (Sunlight).
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, the next characters to appear in Enemies are the first members of Project Sunburst, and with Fallout (see Threat Report) present on Earth-Prime, I think those guys are kind of superfluous. So next up, Sledge!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Just wanted to say I've been following this thread a bit, and want to keep up on it. Some of the quirky Champions guys are pretty fun (Frizbe? Really?)- I like how they wanted to include just a swack of complete Jobber Villains- they shouldn't all be winners.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 am Just wanted to say I've been following this thread a bit, and want to keep up on it. Some of the quirky Champions guys are pretty fun (Frizbe? Really?)- I like how they wanted to include just a swack of complete Jobber Villains- they shouldn't all be winners.
Thanks! And speaking of Jobbers ...
Davies

Sledge

Post by Davies »

Sledge

In 1987, Tom Jerome was in his last days as a second string linebacker for the NFL, thanks to allegations of drug abuse and petty larceny that had followed him from team to team. Finally, he was let go from the Atlanta Falcons, and found himself desperate, penniless and homeless. Specifically, he was desperate enough to sign up for a crazy experiment to create super-athletes, thinking that this was code for 'have drugs pumped into you' and hoping that he'd be able to steal some of the merchandise. In fact, it was code for 'get sold to the Labrynth for DNAscendant research', so he lost consciousness almost as soon as the ink dried on the contract.

When Jerome regained consciousness, he was inside some sort of tube. He felt much stronger, tougher ... and his craving for drugs was gone, too! Well, this was kind of awesome, so he tried to make a fist to pump it! And then he tried again. And again. Something was wrong -- he was able to move his body, at least a little, so why couldn't he make a fist out of his right hand? He looked down to see what the matter was, and stared in mute confusion at the stump of his right arm.

He kind of lost it, then. The tank in which he was imprisoned was no match for an outraged super who'd awakened before being psychologically reprogrammed to think that he had always had only one hand. He managed to escape from the Labrynth's facilties in Freedom City, mostly because it was decided that he wasn't worth pursuing and recapturing. With no further options remaining to him, Jerome attached a sledge hammer's head to his stump and began a career of infamy as ... yes, really ... "Sledge"!

Infamy is a strong word. Moderate nuisance might be closer to accurate. Actually, it's really a mild miracle that he survived the last bloody years of the Iron Age and the Terminus Invasion. But survive he did, even though he spent quite a few of those years surviving in prison. It was just after he was released from one such prison term in 2007 that he was contacted by someone who had an interest in his expertise. Jerome had to laugh. "What expertise?" he wanted to know.

"You've managed to survive in this business for twenty years," the man replied. "You must have something going for you. And I intend to put that something to use for my master. You may call him the Capoyabun."

Ten years later, at the age of fifty-seven, Sledge is one of the top enforcers in the Capoyabun's organization, tasked primarily with keeping an eye on Freedom's Don Tonnifanni and the operations of the organization in Freedom City. Most of his muscle has gone to flab, these days, but he's still a terrifying threat to any unfortunate normals who get in his way. And he's replaced the muscle with savvy and connections that make him a dangerous figure to cross.

He has ambitions, too. He suspects that the individual who hired him in the first place was the Capoyabun, but since that guy died in 2013 and the orders have kept coming, someone else has clearly taken the job. Which means that someone else yet again could take it from whoever holds it now. (He's quite wrong, incidentally, on all points. Some things just don't change.)

Sledge (1987- c. 1997) -- PL 8

STR 10 | STA 10 | AGL 5 | DEX 4 | FGT 4 | INT 0 | AWE 0 | PRE 2
Powers: Hammer Hand (Strength-based Damage 2, Removable), Long Strides (Speed 2).
Advantages: Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Takedown, Ultimate Effort (Toughness)
Skills: Athletics 6 (+16), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+6).
Offense: Initiative +5, Unarmed +4 (Close Damage 10), Hammer Hand +4 (Close Damage 12).
Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 11, Toughness 10, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 70 + Powers 4 + Advantages 5 + Skills 9 + Defenses 9 = 97 points
Complications: Greed--Motivation. Physical (only one hand). Temper.

Sledge (2017) -- PL 7

STR 7 | STA 7 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 5 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 2
Powers: Hammer Hand (Strength-based Damage 2, Removable).
Advantages: Assessment, Benefit 4 (Crime Lord, Wealth [millionaire]), Connected, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown, Well-Informed.
Skills: Athletics 8 (+15), Deception 9 (+11), Expertise: Streetwise 10 (+10), Insight 9 (+10), Intimidation 13 (+15), Perception 7 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +7, Unarmed +5 (Close Damage 7), Hammer Hand +5 (Close Damage 9).
Defense: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 7, Will 6.
Totals: Abilities 58 + Powers 2 + Advantages 12 + Skills 26 + Defenses 12 = 110 points
Complications: Power--Motivation. Physical (only one hand). Responsibility (the organization). Temper.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I love Sledge! He's such an old school concept and given the timing of the release of those original Enemies! volumes, I'd almost be willing to bet money that George R.R. Martin's rpg group adapted him for Superworld and he provided the inspiration for The Bludgeon from the Wild Card novels.
Davies

Blowtorch

Post by Davies »

Blowtorch

Who knows how or why someone becomes a pyromaniac? For as long as Perry Johnson can remember, he's been fascinated by fires. He used to spend time just watching small ones, then larger ones when that grew dull. Eventually, his need to watch larger and larger fires led him to become an arson investigator in Bay City, but that proved to be less fulfilling than he'd thought it would be -- most of those fires were out by the time he arrived on the scene, extinguished by those moon-faced assassins of joy in the fire department.

From that point, it was really only a matter of time before Johnson realized that the best way to ensure that he'd be able to watch sufficiently magnificent fires would be to start some himself. Once he was set on that goal, everything started to fall into place for him -- he obtained a modified World War II era flame thrower and modified it a bit further. He also picked up a flame-retardant suit of kevlar through the same black market connections. He was all set! That night was glorious as he burned down an entire building, exalting in the beauty of the flames. Sometimes he would speak poetry unto the raging plumes, sometimes sheerest nonsense or rock and roll lyrics. It didn't matter, he'd achieved the ultimate in flames!

And then the entire Champions team arrived on the scene and collectively hit him very very hard. Amazingly, he not only survived that, but the way that the tanks of his costume blew up when it happened. Perry Johnson was, despite his pyromania, found competent to stand trial and convicted of multiple charges of arson and attempted murder. He will not be eligible for parole until 2048. His weapons have been confiscated and disassembled.

Blowtorch -- PL 9

STR 2 | STA 2 | AGL 4 | DEX 4 | FGT 8 | INT 4 | AWE 3 | PRE 2
Powers: Armored Costume (Immunity 5 [fire damage]; Impervious Protection 4, Removable), Flamegun (Array: Ranged Damage 12, AP: Ranged Multiattack Damage 8, AP: Ranged Burst Area Damage 8, Removable)
Advantages: Defensive Roll, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Flamegun) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Trip.
Skills: Athletics 4 (+8), Deception 10 (+12), Insight 6 (+9), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+9), Ranged Attack: Flamegun 2 (+6), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 4 (+8)
Offense: Initiative +4, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 2), Flamegun +6 (Ranged Damage 12, Critical 18-20), Flamegun Pulses +6 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 8, Critical 18-20), Flamegun Burst -- (Ranged Burst Area Damage 8).
Defenses: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/4/2, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 58 + Powers 32 + Advantages 6 + Skills 21 + Defenses 12 = 129 points
Complications: Pyromania--Motivation. Vulnerable (physical attacks can cause flamegun's tanks to explode).

Blowtorch was the second lowest point total character in Enemies, with only an agent of GENOCIDE coming in lower. Adding in his unique disadvantage from Classic Enemies, I find it ridiculous that he'd survive more than one fight against a group of superheroes, even if he did have other villains fighting at his side. Hence the above biography.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:28 pm I love Sledge! He's such an old school concept and given the timing of the release of those original Enemies! volumes, I'd almost be willing to bet money that George R.R. Martin's rpg group adapted him for Superworld and he provided the inspiration for The Bludgeon from the Wild Card novels.
<reviews Wild Cards> ... quite plausible. Well, I'm a little glad that I managed to give him a slightly happier outcome until he actually tries to become "the new Capoyabun" and ends up in a landfill somewhere ...

Thanks!