World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:19 am

Davies wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:29 am
So they're going to be releasing Freedom City 3e in October, apparently. I think I'm gonna go sleep for a while ...
Well, I guess I'll be happy that they're finally going to put it out.
Arkrite wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:05 am
I don't know if I should be happy they finally listed an official release date... or upset that it seems to have taken them three years to release a book that was "Almost done" every time somebody talked about it. :~/
I'm in the second camp.

Gilliam

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Post by Gilliam » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 am

I'm looking forward to it and seeing what has changed in Freedom City from the 2E book.

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Don't get me wrong - i'm looking forward to FC 3E. I'm just frusterated by GR's taking so long to put it out and the stringing along act they've done about it while putting out other releases for the setting.

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm in the same boat.
I agree that Davies has the right idea. Let things come in their own time.

But I'm still frustrated. I've been waiting for this book for a long time and it seems like the support for the M&M stuff has dried up significantly since the new edition came out. They've been teasing this one for ages, then going on to focus on something else.

It's a small company, I get it, and they need to go where the money is, but the complete lack of communication, and years of dangling a carrot in front of our face has resulted in my rampant enthusiasm slowly wearing away to my current level of sullen cynicism.

Add in the "incident" and this is probably the last Green Ronin book I'll be buying.

But I am still holding out a level of optimism. Freedom City was, and still is, my favorite setting adn I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

And even more optimistically wait for Davies to fix it! ;~)

Davies

Post by Davies » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Wow, that vote of confidence isn't utterly terrifying. :lol: The only parts that I'm really concerned about the necessity of fixing are the reasons that Ultima Thule and Shamballah weren't in the Atlas ... and the rumors I've been hearing about Seven turning to the dark side at some point ... and whether I'm right about Jonathan Grant having been mayor and how that played out ... and what Captain Thunder's getting up to in his retirement ... and ... um ... I did have a point here. :oops:

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:54 pm

Arkrite wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:58 pm
But I'm still frustrated. I've been waiting for this book for a long time and it seems like the support for the M&M stuff has dried up significantly since the new edition came out. They've been teasing this one for ages, then going on to focus on something else.

It's a small company, I get it, and they need to go where the money is, but the complete lack of communication, and years of dangling a carrot in front of our face has resulted in my rampant enthusiasm slowly wearing away to my current level of sullen cynicism.

Add in the "incident" and this is probably the last Green Ronin book I'll be buying.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're in the same boat (no clue who's steering, but that's a whole other thing ;))
But I am still holding out a level of optimism. Freedom City was, and still is, my favorite setting adn I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

And even more optimistically wait for Davies to fix it! ;~)
Agree on both parts there.

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Davies wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 pm
Wow, that vote of confidence isn't utterly terrifying. :lol: The only parts that I'm really concerned about the necessity of fixing are the reasons that Ultima Thule and Shamballah weren't in the Atlas ... and the rumors I've been hearing about Seven turning to the dark side at some point ... and whether I'm right about Jonathan Grant having been mayor and how that played out ... and what Captain Thunder's getting up to in his retirement ... and ... um ... I did have a point here. :oops:
Which are twice the number of things I'm wondering about as I've been hearing the same things.....

Shock

Post by Shock » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Happy birthday Davies :D

Davies

Post by Davies » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Shock wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 pm
Happy birthday Davies :D
Thank you! :D

greycrusader

Post by greycrusader » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:41 am

Happy Birthday!