World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Geist! The Centurion Through The Ages! The Republic Alliance!

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:10 am Arg, I missed good stuff when my internet was broken...
I'm sorry to hear that.
Shock wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:10 amI like the combination Batman Beyond/Mystery of the Batwoman thing. Cool idea.

Muk'ra Thus is my favorite of the Star Wars homages. I've always been an Ackbar fan and that guy hits the right notes.
Thanks!
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Geist! The Centurion Through The Ages! The Republic Alliance!

Post by Davies »

Zagan

Zagan of Akadar's Get is the youngest of the nine fleet commanders under the direction of the Star-Khan, and the only one of them not to have served both Kinan Khan and his legendary mother. He is also quite convinced that he is the most miserable of those fleet commanders, and laments his fate daily and nightly. The awful old men are too stupid to regret their circumstances, but Zagan was chosen for his sagacity and cunning. He knows better, scant comfort though that is.

When he was given command of the fleet, a decade ago, things seemed so much brighter than they do now. He was joining the select circle of advisors for the greatest warrior and ruler in the cosmos. The Star-Khan confided in him that his appointment marked the first time that he had gone against his counsellors' advice and chosen a younger commander instead of another of his mother's commanders, and that it would fall to Zagan's generation of war leaders to correct the mistakes of previous decades and bring glory to the sons of Zultas. In light of this, the Khan granted his new liegeman the gift of a suit of armor which had been one of a series of prototypes developed in the construction of his own armor. Moved by this demonstration of faith, Zagan swore to follow the Star-Khan into a black hole if fate demanded it. (Of course, he had already sworn that oath, but the repetition was significant.)

But what has happened? When at last the opportunity to lead the fleets into battle against what was left of the Lor Republic, no battle was fought. The Star-Khan did ... something that caused those fleets to be unmolested as they arrived. And now he rules over a bizarre Stellar Imperium. None of this makes any sense to Zagan. They were supposed to slam up against the pitiful remnants of the Lor Navy, slaughter them to a man, pillage the planets and take their trophies and prisoners back to Zultas. Now those pitiful remnants are incorporated into the various fleets of the awful old men.

It's not that Zagan isn't grateful that the Star-Khan has minimized the amount of time Zagan needs to spend in conversation with the disgusting perverts and ... things ... of the former republic. But it's almost as though his master intends to actually rule these people, rather than punishing them for their presumptions and exterminating those who have offended against Zultas in the past. But that makes no sense, for the Star-Khan cares only for conquest, as a true Zultasian warrior should, not rulership. The only peace that they should be making is a wasteland.

Zagan consoles himself with the idea that the great leader must be planning a genuine campaign against some other foe -- the Grue, perhaps, or the Saeduun. So he waits for the day when the Star-Khan finally reveals his true intentions, sure that they will be magnficent in scope. But he's been waiting for years, now, and every day that passes without that revelation is one on which Zagan grows more sick at heart at the waste of his talents. He finds some entertainment in the reports of occasional atrocities that his men commit against the subjects of the Imperium in the sector his fleet commands, but it's a sad, pallid reflection of what should be happening, and he's unable to join in the fun.

As it happens, Zagan's sector is also the one where Senator Elaynu's cell of the Republic Alliance is active. Zagan is only dimly aware that there is such an organization, regarding it as yet another symptom of the problem that affects the Zultasian forces. If the extent of his malaise were to be discovered, and an operation undertaken to convince him that Kinan Khan has settled into a comfortable rule and no longer cares for conquest, he could become a weak link in the occupying forces. If it were to be discovered (or invented) that the Star-Khan has been lying to him since they first met, that he has never enjoyed the tyrant's trust, then he could become a problem that the Star-Khan would have to use up resources to deal with.

There are so many different possibilities. Assassinating him to end the atrocities is also an option, though whoever replaces him might be worse ...

Zagan - PL 11

Abilities: STR 10/4 | STA 4 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 12 | INT 1 | AWE 1 | PRE 1
Powers: Battlesuit (Subspace Communication 5, Subtle; Enhanced Strength 6; Immunity 10 [life support]; Impervious Protection 6; Senses 7 [darkvision, direction sense, distance sense, extended vision 2]; Array: Ranged Damage 8, AP: Linked Damage 8 and Weaken Toughness 8, Affects Objects Only; Removable).
Equipment: Valiant Riding Beast (Imperium Star Cruiser; see Gadget Guide, p. 121).
Advantages: Benefit (Commander of the Seventh Fleet), Equipment 19, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Takedown.
Skills: Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat: Disruptor Blade 2 (+14), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise: Military 8 (+9), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 8 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+6), Ranged Combat: Armor Blaster 2 (+5), Stealth 8 (+11), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +7, Unarmed +12 (Close Damage 10/4), Disruptor Blade +14 (Close Damage 8 and Weaken Toughness 8), Armor Blaster +14 (Ranged Damage 8).
Defense: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 9, Toughness 10/4, Will 7.
Totals: Abilities 58 + Powers 63 + Advantages 33 + Skills 33 + Defenses 20 = 207 points
Complication: Boredom--Motivation. Intolerance (Non-Zultasians). Loyal to the Star-Khan. Not Nearly As Smart As He Thinks He Is.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So......he's a more younger,depressed version of one of my Favorite Peter Cushing roles Grand Moff Tarkin?
Davies

Post by Davies »

More like a younger, depressed Captain Pellaeon, and one who doesn't have the sense to ask his boss why he's doing stuff and thus learn from him.

The other fleet commanders can be understood as follows: there are four true believers in the Star-Khan as the son of Khana (he views them with contempt because he sees himself as infinitely greater than his mother), one smiling traitor who has been planning to usurp the Star-Khan's throne since he first took it and never gotten close, one who's been thoroughly corrupted by Lor civilization and really hopes there won't be any more wars, one senile idiot supported by a slightly smarter version of Zangan who'll be promoted into the old man's boots in about a year, and one Grue infiltrator. The Star-Khan knows exactly who the Grue is.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Plus you know this Zagan guy and/or his potentially even worse successor is going his get his cut off via the Dread Space Pirate Bailesu’s laser sword.
Davies

Post by Davies »

When that happens, it will be a team effort. Anyway, while I do have a couple more ideas for Stellar Imperium villains, including one that will be absolutely no surprise to Girls und Panzer fans, I'm moving off that subject for now. Next Up: in honor of the one year anniversary of her first posting, the secret origin of Minerva.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, when I was posting Bumppo's stats, I had somehow managed to forget that Cholaxians get a species write-up in the back of Cosmic Handbook. So I'm editing his character sheet to bring him into line with that official description of his people.
Davies wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:01 pm [A Series of Growls And Whines That Cannot Be Transliterated Into the Roman Alphabet]/Bumppo

In what used to be the Lor Republic, and is now the Stellar Imperium, people have a certain stereotype of the Cholaxian species. They imagine that all of them live in great forests, swinging through trees, singing and dancing ancient songs and dances. And, to be fair, those places exist -- as large public parks where the Cholaxian people can go when they want to get back to nature. But for the most part, they live in cities much like those on other Lor planets -- maybe a little smaller -- with arcologies and businesses and academies, where one particular Cholaxian studied mechanical engineering and earned a degree equivalent to a doctorate in that field.

Unfortunately, when that particular Cholaxian developed what his people call "the big star yearning", he soon found out that his degree wasn't recognized by off-world employers. He also discovered that while translator technology is fairly common among the wealthy members of Lor society, it's much less common down among the lower classes where he found himself. His inability to speak the common Lor language marked him as a barbarian, even if he could understand what other people were saying quite well.

Fortunately, he managed to run into a few people who could -- sort of -- communicate in Cholaxian. Unfortunately, they weren't particularly interested in his brains, but his brawn. While he was nowhere nearly as developed as the most noteworthy members of his species -- practically dwarfish, in fact -- he still had more strength and endurance than any Lor, and found those put to use in manual labor. He wasn't thrilled about this, but a job was a job, and it put food in his mouth and a roof over his head.

The jobs he found were often unstable, and he was traded from business to business, from planet to planet. When the Republic collapsed, he and his then-employer -- the one who gave him the nickname that he uses to simplify things -- found themselves stranded on a nameless, numbered planet orbiting a backwater star. There they stayed until about a year and a half ago, when the events that led to him ending up doing work for the Republic Alliance transpired. He has no idea where his old employer got to, but that's not exactly a novel experience.

Bumppo isn't really sure what to make of the Alliance. They honestly don't seem any different from the Lor he's met up to this point, maybe a bit more high-minded -- or at least louder when they talk about their high-mindedness. Their leader seems just like the more slick politicians from back home, but on the other hand she brought him with them when it would have been just as easy to abandon him. On the other other hand, that could have been because she wanted the kid to approve.

He likes the kid. Out of everyone he's met, Hrolent was the first person to make a genuine go at pronouncing his real name. (Couldn't do it, of course, any more than Bumppo could pronounce his, but it's the though that counts.) He was also the first person to ask him where he'd learned to do all the repairs that he was doing, instead of just assuming that he'd been taught by his Lor employers. If there were more Lor like the kid, Bumppo suspects that this whole situation would never have come to pass. Well, that might not be fair, some of the kid's other friends are almost as good, though they've got a ways to go.

Well, this whole crazy Alliance has a way to go, as was demonstrated last month, when -- in order to curry favor with a Cholaxian-run crime syndicate -- they had him pretend to be in charge. He doubts Boss Karooga was actually fooled by this, but he was at least impressed enough to offer Bumppo a job. It was tempting to accept, but he decided to stick with the Alliance for the time being. Hopefully, Boss Karooga won't be too upset at having been turned down.

[A Series of Growls And Whines That Cannot Be Transliterated Into the Roman Alphabet]/Bumppo -- PL 8

Abilities: STR 9 | STA 9 | AGL 5 | DEX 3 | FGT 6 | INT 2 | AWE 3 | PRE 1
Powers: Fur (Immunity 1 [cold]), Large Size (Permanent Growth 4, Innate), Mighty Bounds (Leap 5), Senses (Senses 4 [acute tracking scent, low-light vision, ultra-hearing])
Equipment: Blaster rifle (Ranged Damage 8).
Advantages: Agile Feint, Equipment 4, Great Endurance, Improvised Tools, Language (Lorcan, Cholaxian is native), Power Attack.
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 4 (+10), Expertise: Engineering 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 8 (+11), Ranged Combat: Blaster Rifle 4 (+7), Stealth 6 (+11), Technology 12 (+14).
Offense: Initiative +5, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 9), Blaster Rifle +7 (Ranged Damage 8).
Defense: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 9, Will 6.
Totals: Abilities 60 + Powers 19 + Advantages 9 + Skills 28 + Defenses 10 = 126 points
Complications: Survival--Motivation. Bookish. Cannot Speak Other Languages, Only Understand. Huge Appetite.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Mistress Oblivion

Once, she was a hero. It was so long ago that the words we have for time are meaningless, for the era of Phos took place long before the universe of Earth-Prime emerged from the Cosmic Coil like a flower coming into bloom. Like all the Phosians, she was corrupted by what Omega showed her within the Doom Coil, and joined him in his war on reality. Yet what she saw was not quite what Omega had seen, though it would take her an eternity to come to grips with it.

Mistress Oblivion was the only other member of that first generation of heroes-become-monsters to endure into the present day, as all the others fell in battle or attempted to revolt against Omega and were crushed for their temerity. It wasn't that she was bothered by their fates, exactly, and yet every time it happened, every time a new hero was corrupted to become an Annihilist, her dissatisfaction grew slightly. She stood apart, and kept her own counsel.

And then it transpired. Omega and his forces invaded a newly discovered world, and, for the first time, were cast back. A minor setback, soon to be rectified, cried the propagandists, and yet Mistress Oblivion knew better. Here was the answer to the question she had not even realized she was asking. Rather than attack Omega, as too many of her fellows had failed to do, she simply left Nihilor behind, travelled to her private world-citadel, and announced that she would no longer follow Omega's orders.

Oh, how he raged. The punishment circuits that all the Annihilists bear date from this time. Yet, while Omega was fairly certain that he could destroy Mistress Oblivion, just as he had destroyed all the other Phosians who dared oppose him, he knew that the battle would consume resources that he would need for his war on the Centurion and the other heroes of Earth-Prime. Better, then, to wait until that score had been settled ... or rather to allow her to wait, and dread his coming.

Meanwhile, Mistress Oblivion's activities didn't include much in the way of dreading. Having taken with her the wrecked form of an Annihilist who had pledged themselves to her service long before, she dispatched her knight's essence to various points in time and space, quietly guiding the fates of various worlds towards her own concept of entropy -- rather than the shrieking destruction that Omega brings, a stillness and silence in which nonexistence steals upon people as though they are going to sleep. She patiently waited through two more failures by Omega to claim Earth-Prime, waiting until he was dealt serious wounds in a campaign against a different world.

Then, and only then, did she start the long process of bringing her Oblivion Knight to Earth-Prime, a process that reached its crescendo in June of 2016. She has complete confidence that her servant will transform that world into a more fitting capital for the powers of Entropy than Nihilor could ever be, and that she will be able to use that victory to persuade Omega's servants to follow her instead, punishment circuit or no punishment circuit. Nothing could possibly go wrong ...

... and yet she has made a terrible mistake. For one of Mistress Oblivion's great weaknesses, against which all her powers avail her not, is love. While many of the Oblivion Knights have felt lust or desire for their master, not until Amanthi Abesuriya have any of them felt genuine love for her. Who can say what will become of this?

Mistress Oblivion -- PL 18

Abilities: STR 18 | STA 16 | AGL 4 | DEX 4 | FGT 14 | INT 3 | AWE 5 | PRE 6
Powers: Armor (Comprehend Languages 2; Flight 10; Protection 6; Impervious Toughness 16; Removable), Eternal (Immunity 13 [aging, life support, own powers, sleep]), Oblivion Powers (Array: Cumulative Perception Area (Sight) Affliction 18 (Resisted by Will; Impaired and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Disabled, Incapacitated and Paralyzed), Extra Condition, AP: Ranged Damage 22, Secondary Effect, Split 6, AP: Linked Burst Area 2 Damage 12 and Burst Area 2 Weaken Toughness 12, Objects Only, AP: Extended Only Teleport 18, Portal, AP: Selective Burst Area Movement 1 [Dimensional Movement 1 ('stasis zone')] Attack 18), Six Arms (Extra Limbs 4), Walks Through Time (Movement 6 [dimensional travel 3, time travel 3]).
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Fearless, Power Attack, Takedown 2.
Skills: Deception 8 (+14), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 10 (+16), Perception 8 (+13), Ranged Combat: Oblivion Powers 10 (+14), Technology 8 (+11).
Offense: Initiative +4, Unarmed +18 (Close Damage 18), Body Modification +14 (Ranged Damage 22, Secondary Effect, Split 6), Terrifying Image -- (Perception Area Will 18), Dust to Dust -- (Burst Area 2 Damage 12 and Weaken Toughness 12, Objects Only), Stasis Shift -- (Burst Area Will 18).
Defenses: Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 16, Toughness 22, Will 16.
Totals: Abilities 140 + Powers 143 + Advantages 9 + Skills 26 + Defenses 21 = 339 points
Complications: Nihilist--Motivation. Enemy (Omega). Weakness (positive emotions, such as peace, hope, and [genuine] love).

With thanks to John Polojac, aka greycrusader.
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:08 am So......he's a more younger,depressed version of one of my Favorite Peter Cushing roles?
Kind of like David Tennant's second role in the series 4 episode of Doctor Who "Journey's End."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:07 pm
Kind of like David Tennant's second role in the series 4 episode of Doctor Who "Journey's End."
The Clone Doctor? Interesting. How so?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Davies wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 pm
A pet theory of mine. The clone Doctor was stated to be human... able to get old and have children. And there's no reason to think he and Rose wouldn't. We also know he has the Doctor's knowledge. So, my theory is that the clone Doctor actually took the name "Who", and over the next several decades worked on building his own time machine, with a police box shaped exterior because of the nostalgia. Then as old man, who looked like Peter Cushing, the clone doctor, as "Doctor Who" took his granddaughters and went and fought that universes Daleks.

Basically, he gets old, become Peter Cushing and that universes adventures make the 1960s films canon.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:07 pm
Davies wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 pm
A pet theory of mine. The clone Doctor was stated to be human... able to get old and have children. And there's no reason to think he and Rose wouldn't. We also know he has the Doctor's knowledge. So, my theory is that the clone Doctor actually took the name "Who", and over the next several decades worked on building his own time machine, with a police box shaped exterior because of the nostalgia. Then as old man, who looked like Peter Cushing, the clone doctor, as "Doctor Who" took his granddaughters and went and fought that universes Daleks.

Basically, he gets old, become Peter Cushing and that universes adventures make the 1960s films canon.
Heck, I fully suspect the other reason the Doctor left his counterpart in the other reality was because he and certainly the rest highly doubt that the Cybermen would be the only trouble popping up in that timeline.
Davies

Post by Davies »

An updated character. It's sequel time!
Dracula

The above is a reasonably good representation of what he really looks like. His shapechanging abilities allow him to look much younger when he pleases.

After one such earthquake in 1893, [Dracula] embarked on his first great war against the world. The full details of his travels to England have only recently come to light; suffice it to say that he failed to gain the foothold in the West that he sought, and yet retained many agents of his will even after he was forced to flee into the shadows. Such has been the consequence of every one of his campaigns since then -- he never wins, and yet he always ends up with a few advantages that he didn't have before. He keeps getting stronger.

And now, with so many of his old enemies fallen, and so many advantages within his grasp, he has begun a new war. He has traveled to the new center of the Western World -- New York -- and gathered up all the agents he has recruited over the years. He treats with other masterminds as he never has before. So far, only the Raven has learned of what haunts New York's nights, though he has begun to gather old allies and new against this threat. Perhaps it will be enough.

Or perhaps a new dark age, where monsters freely roam, will begin.
Gigantosaur

This is Dracula's ultimate goal. With the help of his servants, he can easily reduce thousands and even a few millions of people to terrified servitude, but he thinks bigger than that. His dream is a world like what he imagines his ancestor experienced, where people quake in fear of the unknown that lives right next door, let alone the terrors that live so far away that no one they know has ever seen them. A dark age, where monsters rule, where just beyond the borders of the known you will find it written ... here there be dragons.

He has chosen New York not only because it is the center of the world, but also because it is the headquarters of the United Nations and thus of UNISON, who are the administrators of Kaiju Island. With the powers of the Dream Demon, he will seize control of UNISON and have unfettered access to the island. With the Lemurian sorcery of Hus'aus-l'yi, bolstered by countless sacrifices taken by the Harvester, they will devise a means to control the monsters there and summon more of them, many, many more of them, from the world on the other side of the gateway. Cities will burn. Nations will fall. And through it all, the Prince of Darkness will observe from his position atop the crown of the mightiest kaiju of them all, the king of monsters mastered by the king of vampires.
So that didn't work. Whether the Harvester had been prevented by New York's dark heroes from accomplishing all the sacrifices the plan required, or perhaps Hus'aus-l'yi not understanding the spell as well as he claimed, Dracula was only able to gain control of a handful of kaiju within a short distance of their ritual site, and Gigantosaur was not one of them. Making matters worse, the invocation of the ancient Lemurian magic somehow attracted the attention of Ormor of Amphitrite, who lead a small army of Amphitritean soldiers to oppose whatever blasphemy was taking place. Once the situation was explained to them, the Amphitriteans reluctantly joined forces with the Raven and his allies, and battle was joined.

The deep one sorcerer Hus'aus-l'yi came under focused attack in the melee that followed, and was apparently killed by Ormor. All three of Dracula vampire brides also perished -- or at least, that's what Dracula believed happened. In fact, his precious Mina had been working on a spell of her own to break the link between herself and Dracula, using the raw magic raised by the ritual to supplement her own feeble skills. This accomplished, she assisted the heroes in taking down the other two brides, before escaping into the shadows. (Rumors since then have placed her in London once more, seeking to kidnap the vampire Lucy Westenra from her government keepers.)

The battle raged until the break of day, at which point Dracula was forced to reluctantly concede the field and faked his own destruction as he has so many times before. Yet it can be fairly said that the Raven and his allies have managed to achieve a victory over Dracula greater than any group of vampire hunters have ever managed, for this time he suffered losses of resources far greater than those he managed to retain. Furthermore, he had overextended himself, and now that all the sites believed to be his "castle" were under UNISON surveillance, he would find it more difficult to return to his homeland to rest and await a better day. His remaining agents mostly spend their efforts collecting the native soil he requires for his rest outside that lost homeland.

It is of course somewhat unsurprising that Dracula is a tad bit upset about all of this. Yet whenever the Devil closes a door, he opens a window. After taking up a temporary lair in Bay City, recruiting some new mortal pawns, he found himself approached by an individual who believed that they could be useful to one another. She calls herself Legendary Angel Herald Sisyphus, agent of the Lord of Bitter Laughter, and she has a plan. Dracula has every intention of betraying his new ally once he's gotten what he wants from the deal, and yet he's uncomfortably certain that Herald Sisyphus must know this, and does not care.

What their plan is, who else it will draw in, and why it requires them to operate out of Denver ... all remain to be seen.
Dracula -- PL 13

STR 7 | STA - | AGL 5 | DEX 5 | FGT 10 | INT 5 | AWE 4 | PRE 7
Powers: Blood Drain (Weaken Stamina 12 [Resisted by Fortitude], Grab-Based, Limited to Draining 1 rank per round), Blood Link (Mental Communication 3, Limited to anyone who drinks his blood; Mind-Reading 8, Sensory Link, Limited to anyone who drinks his blood), Shapechanging (Morph 4; AP: Concealment 5 [all visual and hearing] and Insubstantial 2), Sorcery (Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 13 [Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated], Dynamic, Insidious, Subtle, Variable Descriptor [Emotions], DAP: Summon Animals 2 (Bats, Rats, or Wolves), Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 6, DAP: Environment 10 (3 points of effect), Selective), Spider-Climb (Movement 1 [Clinging]), Undead Invulnerability (Immortality 6, Limited [not when staked or beheaded]; Immunity 30 [Fortitude effects]; Impervious Protection 12, Limited [not against holy weapons], Regeneration 10, Source [blood]).
Advantages: Benefit 4 (Wealth), Connected, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Critical (Blood Drain), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Leadership, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+14), Deception 12 (+19), Expertise: Magic 14 (+19), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 12 (+19), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 12 (+19), Stealth 8 (+13)
Offense: Initiative +9, Unarmed +14 (Close Damage 7), Blood Drain +14 (Close Weaken Stamina 12, Critical 19-20)
Defenses: Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 12, Will 13.
Totals: Abilities 76 + Powers 155 + Advantages 14 + Skills 37 + Defenses 22 = 297
Complications: Power--Motivation. Compulsion (Must be invited into any dwelling he does not own). Power Loss (All powers except Undead Invulnerability cannot be used in daylight hours.) Weakness (Can be held back by a holy symbol in the hands of a believer or by garlic).
Davies

Post by Davies »

Galendil Crest

As with many other things, the story begins with the Centurion. In 1949, he was abducted by aliens who used an exotic paralysis ray to render him helpless for the duration of their month-long flight to Zultas. There, he was to have his first meeting and conflict with the Zultasian Queen Khana, who sought to take him as her husband. (How she had learned of the Centurion's existence, given the lack of contact between Earth and Zultas up to this point, remains something of a mystery.) The fictional version of these events, presented in the Centurion's comic book, portrayed him as escaping from Zultas and flying back to Earth on his own power; it also revealed that Zultas was simply the native name for the planet Mars.

Of course, Zultas is not Mars, and the Centurion neither then nor ever possessed the power to fly faster than the speed of light. His escape was facilitated by a stolen Zultasian flying saucer, which he piloted back to the Sol system and Earth. But the Centurion was inexperienced at piloting such a vessel, and his journey led to his encounters with several mysteries in space before he finally achieved his goal. One such mystery was a giant space station floating in an interstellar void, empty of life. The Centurion's arrival awakened the place, however, and its robots took him prisoner and through him into a biological 'holding cell'. The Centurion was able to free himself and escape the station, resuming his journey towards Earth.

What he did not know, and indeed never learned, was that the 'holding cell' took samples of his cellular material and began analyzing it. The space station did not return to dormancy when he left. Instead, it became more and more active, combining the Centurion's mutated DNA with various other samples that had been acquired over the millennia, looking for the ideal match. At last, one was found, and the activities of the station shifted into a different mode, as a lifeform was created from that match within the station's birthing matrix.

It wouldn't be until the late 1970s that the new being created by the station emerged from the matrix, having been given a subliminal education while he was waiting to be born. And now, at last, he was ready ... for what? The station gave him no answers. It had been designed to create him, or something like him, but there did not seem to be any indication that its creators had intended him to do anything in particular. What then was the point of his existence? He did not know the answer, but it was clear that he would not find it here.

So he departed, to explore the universe which bore him. A travelling companion early in his journeys gave him the name Galendil Crest, named after the first humanoid life form in one world's mythology. Though that friend is long gone, Galendil has kept the name in their memory.

It is very likely that no other being, other than the Primals themselves, has seen as much of the Milky Way galaxy as Galendil has, for his journeys have taken him to parts of it never seen by any Star Knight, much less explorers of the Lor Republic. Everywhere, he has found innocents in need of help, and something within him has always driven him to assist them in any way he can. As it happens, the most common way that he has been able to help people is through the directed application of force, which he rather enjoys -- though afterwards he is always ashamed of himself, as though realizing that there were probably other ways he could have accomplished his ends that didn't require him to hurt anyone.

Quite recently, Galendil's long circuit of the galaxy brought him back to the station where he was born, which had been taken over by space pirates led by the Astral Queen. He drove them out, but found himself bothered by the Astral Queen's last transmission to him, asking him why he had done so when he had left this place long before and never looked back. This moved him to do something with the station's resources, and he decided to see if it was possible to create a sibling or child for himself from the birthing matrix. And in fact, it was, and so was born the creature he dubbed Petrea Stardance.

He was beginning to educate his sister/daughter in the proper use of her powers when his attunement to the cosmos alerted him that something was going terribly wrong on the planet Earth. Asking Petrea to remain on the station while he went to see what the matter was (and missing the mischief in her smile when she promised that she would) he departed for Earth. Hopefully, he will arrive in time to oppose the forces of Entropy that are becoming active there once more.

Galendil Crest -- PL 13

Abilities: STR 16/1 | STA 12 | AGL 6 | DEX 4 | FGT 10 | INT 6 | AWE 8 | PRE 6
Powers: Attuned to the Cosmos (Mental Communication 1; Comprehend Languages 4; Senses 7 [hyper-extended 3* cosmic awareness]), Born of the Stars (Immunity 12 [aging, life support, sleep]; Protection 2; Impervious Toughness 12), Cosmic Power (Array: Ranged Damage 15, AP: Enhanced Strength 15, AP: Enhanced Flight 15, AP: Senses 30 [hyper-extended 15* vision], AP: Restorative Healing 9, Persistent, Stabilize, AP: Close Burst Area 2 Nullify Entropy 10, Broad), Cosmic Traveler (Flight 10; Movement 3 [space-travel])
*Hyper-extended senses require 2 ranks per level and use the Long-Range Sensing rules from the Cosmic Handbook, p. 24.
Advantages: Agile Feint, Animal Empathy, Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Move-by Action.
Skills: Expertise: Science 8 (+14), Expertise: The Galaxy 15 (+21), Perception 10 (+18), Ranged Combat: Cosmic Power 7 (+11), Treatment 10 (+16).
Offense: Initiative +14, Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 16/1), Cosmic Blast +11 (Ranged Damage 15).
Defense: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 12, Toughness 14, Will 14.
Totals: Abilities 106 + Powers 110 + Advantages 9 + Skills 25 + Defenses 14 = 264 points
Complications: Doing Good--Motivation. Loves Battle, But Hates Himself For Doing So. Alien Appearance. Social Difficulties.