World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Arkrite

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The TV Doctor, Ellen Sanders (Freedom League Hotline)

Post by Arkrite »

Heh, nice.
Now to watch the confusion on new the faces of the heroes as they go from the Freedom League infirmary to a local hospital and find Nurse Joy is already there ;~)
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Pugilist, Nurse Mariah Joy

Post by Davies »

Quickly resolved when she says, "Oh, that's right, you probably know my cousin Grizelda! No, wait ... is it Samantha who works for the Freedom League? No, it's Agnetha. Wait, no, she's working for the Baymen. It's Drusilla, right? It's not. Oh dear."

Well, sorta resolved.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I... I'm almost afraid to ask.

Is there an Officer Jenny?

Officer Jennies?

(Officers Jenny?)
Davies

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 12:05 am I... I'm almost afraid to ask.

Is there an Officer Jenny?

Officer Jennies?

(Officers Jenny?)
(I believe the second of these would be grammatically correct.) For my purposes, no. For Earth-Prime canon, you'd have to ask Lucien Soulban.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Oh, well. Still a clever idea for an NPC group! I'm enjoying this thread.

Although now I'm thinking about a Nurse Joy that's an actual superhero.
Davies

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 12:36 am Although now I'm thinking about a Nurse Joy that's an actual superhero.
Now that you mention it, so am I.

Tomorrow: Dr. Anastasia Joy of Ashkari, Inc.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Awww, yeah.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

My bet is that, if they exist at all, Officer Jenny would be a Japanese gynoid created to assist in police efforts, and made to look like a pretty lady to help keep the civilian population at ease when encountering it.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Dr. Anastasia Joy

Okay, take this image:

... then add a face plate. No, in dramatic defiance of comic book law, this character's battlesuit does not have a Breast Plate.

Born in Tanzania to an earlier generation Joy who worked as a nurse for a missionary group, Anastasia spent the first six years of her life there. Even though she returned to America soon after, her memories were still filled with the beauty of the land and the smiles of the people, and she was determined to return someday. All her efforts during her education were bent in that direction, and so she became one of the first of her generation to become a doctor.

By that point, it was the fashion for Joys to find work with a group that supported superheroic endeavors. When Anastasia discovered the existence of Ashkari, Inc. (see Atlas of Earth-Prime: Sub-Saharan Africa) in the land where she was born, it seemed like fate was smiling on her. She promptly made inquiries and learned that the group could always accept more trained medical help, then submitted her CV and was promptly hired.

For a few months, everything was fine. She treated the injuries that the Ashkari occasionally endured in the course of their efforts to do some good in the world, and sometimes accompanied them into the field when they were dealing with medical emergencies. The work was completely fulfilling. And then everything changed forever when the suit was discovered, and brought back to the company's compound.

The suit remains an enigma. The best guess is that it's of extraterrestrial origin. (It may be related to the crashed spaceship now known as the Refuge (see Atlas of Earth-Prime: West Africa) and, before its current modifications, it bore some resemblance to the suit employed by the American hero True Believer.) It was designed for a humanoid wearer, and is reasonably user-friendly.

Anastasia discovered that part when agents of SHADOW attacked the base soon after the suit was discovered. She happened to be in the lab at this time, and listened in horror to the sounds of her patients being attacked by an overwhelmingly large force. She honestly can't remember the thought process that led to her putting on the suit to try and help, but the support she was able to give turned the tide. While the suit may have more dangerous weapons, she focused on the non-lethal ones as well as its remarkable medical capabilities.

Ever since then, she's been a somewhat reluctant field operative for Ashkari Inc. While actual battle still terrifies her, she's willing to do whatever it takes to keep her friends and the innocent safe.

Dr. Anastasia Joy -- PL 8 (135 points)

STR 6/0 | STA 1 | AGL 2 | DEX 2 | FGT 6/0 | INT 2 | AWE 4 | PRE 2
Powers: Body Armor (Impervious Protection 7, Immunity 2 [disease, poison], Enhanced Defenses 6 [Fortitude 6]), Combat Computer (Enhanced Fighting 6, Enhanced Defenses 4 [Dodge 4])*, Injector Launchers (Ranged Healing 8, Accurate 3, Persistent, Stabilize, AP: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 [Fortitude; Impaired, Stunned, Incapacitated])*, Psychic Link (Mental Communication 4, Limited to Family Members, Unreliable), Strength Augmentation (Enhanced Strength 6, Leaping 2 [AP:Tunneling 2])*, Sensors (Senses 4 [low-light vision, infrared vision, radio, tracking])*
* Removable.
Advantages: Assessment, Connected, Great Endurance, Improvised Tools, Languages 3, Skill Mastery (Treatment), Well-Informed
Skills: Expertise: Doctor 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+4), Investigation 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+4), Technology 4 (+6), Treatment 10 (+12)
Offense: Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 6), Ranged +8 (Ranged Fortitude 8)
Defense: Dodge 8/4, Parry 8/2, Fortitude 8/2, Toughness 8/1, Will 4
Totals: Abilities 26 + Powers 77 + Advantages 9 + Skills 18 + Defense 5 = 135
Complications: Motivation -- Doing Good. Poorly Understood Technology
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 4:42 am My bet is that, if they exist at all, Officer Jenny would be a Japanese gynoid created to assist in police efforts, and made to look like a pretty lady to help keep the civilian population at ease when encountering it.
Hmmmm!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Another member of the rare medical heroes.
Even more rare when I try to think of those with actual healing powers.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I was actually reluctant to give her unmodified Healing until I 'discovered' that her suit was alien technology (IOW, magic.) Genuine healing, in my imagination, should always take lots of time or rare resources.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, I have a hunch -- just a hunch -- that Freedom City 3E is going to be released tomorrow, and if that happens I'm going to be too busy to post. If that doesn't happen, then this thread will be taking a trip to Japan!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:15 pmGenuine healing, in my imagination, should always take lots of time or rare resources.
The ability to heal any wound does tend to ruin dramatic moments, likely why there aren't a whole lot of healing heroes flying around.
Ironically I don't see it very much in games either, but that seems to be more due to players almost never going for it as opposed to GM intervention.
Davies wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 am Okay, I have a hunch -- just a hunch -- that Freedom City 3E is going to be released tomorrow, and if that happens I'm going to be too busy to post. If that doesn't happen, then this thread will be taking a trip to Japan!
Well, fingers crossed. I've been waiting for it since they first mentioned there was a 3rd Edition.
And waiting.
*sigh* reoccurring joke with Green Ronin these days seems to be that things (almost everything) are "on the way" with no timeline in sight. Like I said, fingers crossed.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Well, so much for that hunch.

Agents of the League Of Lethal Independents

It has not escaped the attention of the Japanese government that many of the groups of non-governmental actors who have had a hand in saving Japan over the years have been composed of teenagers. The average age of the members of the Kaze Gundan was around 16; that of the Mahoushoujodan was even younger. Clearly, the young people who will inherit the world of the future have a special reason to fight in its defense. Since this appears to be the case, it naturally occurred to a clever bureaucrat in Ichigaya (a slang term for the Ministry of Defense, based on its location) that it would be an excellent idea to ensure that such young people are available to the state, and that their training should probably begin fairly early.

Naturally, all such clever ideas attract a multitude of would-be fathers, resulting in the fairly large army of child soldiers available to the Japanese government being largely composed of children who are ... expendable. The unrecognized illegitimate children of the wealthy and connected, others who might have fallen through the cracks if not 'saved' by the organization, children of broken homes and broken dreams. They are, one and all, given training in the military and martial arts. The organization, sometimes referred to as the Shin Kaze Gundan (despite having no connection to the original) is pleased to report that one hundred per cent of its personnel measure up to exacting standards.

Because those who do not measure up are no longer personnel. Or living.

A squad of these operatives, usually composed of four or five children, has two adult supervisors. One is a veteran of Ichigaya's black ops division, charged with keeping the children's combat skills up to standards and leading them in the field. The other is a teacher, charged with their mundane education. Understandably, the latter position sees a great deal of turnover as very few mundane educators can stand up to the stress of teaching children whose odds of seeing tomorrow are often not very high.

One such squad consisted of the near-legendary operative Major Kawashima Kei (pictured here during a rare moment of peace) and four middle school-aged girls under the care of a novice teacher named Sakaki Kouichi. Despite Kouichi's rough start, he proved to be an excellent teacher for the girls and was able to come to as much of an understanding of the violent world which was their home as anyone could possibly be expected to do. So everything was fine.

And then it wasn't. Kawashima found something out. Just what, she still hasn't revealed to her charges. But whatever it was meant that she couldn't be trusted as their leader anymore. Which would have been all right if one of the girls hadn't had a profoundly personal loyalty to to Kawashima, and if the rest of the girls hadn't followed along in their companion's wake. Between the four of them and with the assistance of Kouichi, they were able to rescue Kawashima from imprisonment and escape into the night, though Kouichi took several bullets in the process -- at which point his students were somewhat surprised to discover that he's some sort of cyborg, as a little thing like that was just an inconvenience.

Since then, there have been whispers in Japan's underworld. Whispers of a group of 'mercenaries' who take jobs despite the inability of their clients to pay, if they think the job is worth doing. Whispers that they support themselves by stealing from their targets. Whispers that some of the worst of the violent hoodlums disturbing Japan's orderly society got beaten by a bunch of kids.

If you can find them, perhaps you too can hire the Agents of the LOLI.

Sakaki Kouichi - PL6
Usually only takes to the field in extreme emergencies, because his power is much greater than his training. Instead, he focuses on maintaining the kids' mundane education, even under these circumstances.

STR 9 | STA - | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 3 | INT 3 | AWE 1 | PRE 3
Powers: Armored (Protection 9, Impervious 8), Unliving (Immunity to Fortitude Effects), Swiftness (Speed 6)
Advantages: Agile Feint, Eidetic Memory, Interpose
Skills: Expertise: Teacher 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+7), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+7), Technology 5 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+5)
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 9)
Defense: Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude -, Toughness 9, Will 6
Abilities 40 + Powers 53 + Advantages 3 + Skills 15 + Defense 5 = Total 116
Complications: Loyalty to Students--Motivation. Heavy. Hunted by Law Enforcement.

Nazuka Miumi - PL 5
The group's fixer, who usually deals with the clients. And with the people who are maintaining the group's investments, and with the underworld merchants who supply them with gear, and ... ahhhhh.

STR 0 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 1 | FGT 3 | INT 1 | AWE 1 | PRE 3
Equipment: Body Armor (Protection 2), Assault Rifle (Ranged Multiattack Damage 5), Heavy Pistol (Ranged Damage 4).
Advantages: Assessment, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll, Distract (Bluff), Equipment 6, Luck 2.
Skills: Athletics 4 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+5), Deception 7 (+10), Expertise: Soldier 4 (+5), Expertise: Streetwise 5 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+5), Insight 5 (+6), Investigation 7 (+8), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+5), Stealth 6 (+7).
Offense: Initiative +1, Pistol +5 (Ranged, Damage 4), Rifle +5 (Ranged, Multiattack Damage 5), Unarmed +5 (Close, Damage 0).
Defenses: Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/3/1, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 22 + Powers 0 + Advantages 13 + Skills 28 + Defenses 14 = Total 77 points.
Complications: Mercenary--Motivation. Minor. Hunted by Law Enforcement.

Wakamoto Ayame - PL 5
Team sniper and queen of bad attitude. She's just doing this because she has nowhere else to go, got it, not that she likes any of her teammates. Jerks.

STR 0 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 1 | FGT 3 | INT 1 | AWE 1 | PRE 0
Equipment: Body Armor (Protection 2), Sniper Rifle (Ranged Damage 5, Improved Critical), Heavy Pistol (Ranged Damage 4). Advantages: All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Equipment 6, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (rifle) 2, Improved Smash, Precise Attack 2, Teamwork.
Skills: Athletics 4 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+5), Expertise: Soldier 4 (+4), Intimidation 6 (+6), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception 6 (+6), Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+5), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment 2 (+3).
Offense: Initiative +1, Pistol +5 (Ranged, Damage 4), Rifle +5 (Ranged Damage 5, Critical 18-20), Unarmed +5 (Close, Damage 0).
Defenses: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 3/1, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 16 + Powers 0 + Advantages 14 + Skills 18 + Defenses 19 = Total 67 points.
Complications: Loyalty to Unit--Motivation. Minor. Hunted by Law Enforcement.

Tanezaki Nodoka - PL 5
The team's infiltration expert. She claims to be a ninja. Except when she claims not to be a ninja, and is making even more dramatic claims for her talents for disguise. Has a fairly blatant crush on Kouichi.

STR 0 | STA 1 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 5 | INT 3 | AWE 2 | PRE 3
Equipment:
Body Armor (Protection 2), Light Pistol with Silencer (Ranged Damage 3, Subtle), Knife (Close Damage 1, Improved Critical)
Advantages: Equipment 6, Evasion, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Task Focus (Disguise).
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+11), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Attack: Knife 4 (+9), Deception 6 (+9) Expertise: Soldier 4 (+4), Intimidation 2 (+2), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+7), Sleight of Hand 8 (+11), Stealth 8 (+11), Technology 6 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +3, Pistol +7 (Ranged, Damage 3), Unarmed +5 (Close, Damage 0), Knife +9 (Close, Damage 1, Critical 19-20).
Defenses: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 3/1, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 40 + Powers 0 + Advantages 12 + Skills 31 + Defenses 13 = Total 94 points.
Complications: Loyalty to Kouichi--Motivation. Minor. Hunted by Law Enforcement.

Uchida Rio - PL 5
The hard-charging, pistol-packing team shooter and wheelman. Is completely and utterly in love with Kei, and doesn't care who knows it. Has only a vague sense of self-preservation.

STR 1 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 1 | FGT 5 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 1
Equipment: Body Armor (Protection 4), Assault Rifle (Ranged Multiattack Damage 5), Heavy Pistol (Ranged Damage 4).
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Equipment 6, Evasion 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack 1 (cover), Quick Draw.
Skills: Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+7), Expertise: Soldier 4 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+9), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+5), Vehicles 8 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +5, Pistol +5 (Ranged, Damage 3), Rifle +5 (Ranged, Multiattack Damage 5), Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 1). Defenses: Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/1, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 22 + Powers 0 + Advantages 20 + Skills 17 + Defenses 14 = Total 73 points.
Complications: Loyalty to Kei--Motivation. Minor. Hunted by Law Enforcement.

Kawashima Kei - PL 7
A legend in her last days. She's not too thrilled that Kouichi is still in the team, as she'd prefer it if it was girl only, but so it goes. At least he's not anatomically correct. She's checked.

STR 3 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 1 | FGT 5 | INT 1 | AWE 2 | PRE 3
Equipment: Body Armor (Protection 2), Assault Rifle (Ranged Multiattack Damage 5), Heavy Pistol (Ranged Damage 4), Sword (Close Damage 3, Improved Critical).
Advantages: Assessment, Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll, Equipment 12, Evasion, Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (sword), Improved Initiative, Inspire, Leadership, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Teamwork.
Skills: Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+6), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Soldier 8 (+8), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Guns 8 (+9), Stealth 6 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+5).
Offense: Initiative +5, Pistol +9 (Ranged, Damage 3), Rifle +9 (Ranged, Multiattack Damage 5), Unarmed +9 (Close, Damage 3), Sword +8 (Close, Damage 6, Critical 19-20).
Defenses: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5/3/1, Will 8.
Totals: Abilities 22 + Powers 0 + Advantages 26 + Skills 31 + Defenses 23 = Total 102 points.
Complications: Justice--Motivation. Secret. Physical Illness.
Last edited by Davies on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.