World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias! Hero High Revised!

Post by Davies »

Changeling

The least and yet perhaps most noticeable of the changes that Changeling has been through since her arrival on Earth-Prime is that she has learned the meaning of sarcasm. She doesn't use it herself, but she can understand that sometimes people say things that they do not mean literally without intending to make other people laugh. When she is uncertain, she will ask for clarification about the issue, but that is happening less and less often as time passes. She is very grateful to that Savant person who sat her down and explained the concept, and is sure that he must not be nearly as bad of a person as Mr. Zane suggested to her.

Onto other matters. She has also acquired familiarity with the concept of heartbreak at a closer range than she would probably wish for herself. First, she experienced the death of Deucalion, in the process gaining a deeper and more profound understanding of the nature of the Terminus than any native of Earth-Prime has ever known. Consequently, in the wake of that and the disbanding of her Next-Gen team, she spent a number of months being repeatedly and forcefully interviewed by AEGIS' Counter-Terminus Task Force, before Mr. Zane persuaded them to let her go and contact her later if they needed further information.

That makes two times Mr. Zane has saved her, and she now deeply desires to save him a few times. Unfortunately, he won't let her save him from the most serious threat to his safety and well-being, and in any event she no longer dislikes Rachel Baldwin as much as she once did. But she will admit to being unhappy that such a person is enjoying romance when, following her release, Elite informed her that they could never be together as long as the Murder League pursued him, as it clearly was.

Following a rather loud discussion on the ideas that she was not a helpless infant and neither wished for nor needed such 'protection' even if she had been rendered powerless by Murder League technology in the past, she and Elite discovered a mutual desire to spend some time apart. A great distance apart, as it happens. She has relocated to Bay City's Oakland district, where she has joined forces with members of the Champions on several occasions and even been offered membership in their team. She has declined, however, preferring to act as a quiet helper in her community -- an investigator where needed, but just as often a babysitter.

Sometimes, she worries about the changes she's been through. She wonders if she really wants to eventually bring what she's learned back to her people, whether it would really enhance the collective or whether it would hurt them as much as she has sometimes been hurt. But such concerns are for another day, far away. That journey will come in its own time.

On the other hand, she has lately considered making a trip back to Freedom City in light of recent developments there. And, let's not kid ourselves, even if the third Raven would certainly never put her at risk by contacting her for assistance, if she learned of his problems some other way -- such as from a certain cambion -- she would go to his side in a second. That's what love can do.

Changeling -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 1 | STA 6 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 8 | INT 3 | AWE 3 | PRE 3
Powers: Shapeshifting (Morph 3 [humanoids]; Variable 8), Shielded Mind (Impervious Will 12), Telepathy (Mental Communication 4; Comprehend 2 [speak and understand languages]; Array: Cumulative Mind-Reading 8, AP: Remote Sensing 8 (All Senses), Limited to Subjects of Mental Communication, Sense Dependent).
Advantages: Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Set-Up, Teamwork, Well-Informed.
Skills: Deception 8 (+11), Expertise: Popular Culture 4 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Investigation 8 (+11), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 1 or by Variable power).
Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6, Will 12.
Totals: Abilities 60 + Powers 134 + Advantages 4 + Skills 21 + Defense 20 = 239 points
Complications: Doing Good--Motivation. Secret (alien). Relationships (Mr. Zane, the Raven).

Typical Battleform: Enhanced Advantage 3 (Improved Initiative 2, Power Attack); Enhanced Strength 11; Flight 4, Wings; Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 6.

Her theme song, incidentally, is this.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Arkrite

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias! Hero High Revised!

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 am Changeling
Love the picture. The odd smile really kind of fits.
Can't place the actress though I'd swear I've seen her before.

Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 am She is very grateful to that Savant person who sat her down and explained the concept, and is sure that he must not be nearly as bad of a person as Mr. Zane suggested to her.
Poor innocent soul, she knows not the unadulterated evil she deals with.
Sorry, did I say unadulterated? I meant infuriating ;~)

Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 amConsequently, in the wake of that and the disbanding of her Next-Gen team, she spent a number of months being repeatedly and forcefully interviewed by AEGIS' Counter-Terminus Task Force, before Mr. Zane persuaded them to let her go and contact her later if they needed further information.
At this point I realized that this is told from Changling's perspective.
And considering that in spite of her intelligence and experience she tends to assume the best of almost everybody she meets... Well, just think it might not have been as nice and tidy as she implied.

Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 am Her theme song, incidentally, is this.[/i]
And in an unusual note I'd just started digging through my music for the first time in weeks and was listening to this just before the build appeared. Weird. :lol:
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm
Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 am Changeling
Love the picture. The odd smile really kind of fits.
Can't place the actress though I'd swear I've seen her before.
That's Samara Weaving in her most noteworthy recent role, as the titular character in the Netflix movie The Babysitter. It rocks. She rocks.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Dauntless and Relentless

They should have been very happy. They were rescued from their world as it tore itself to pieces, traveled together with friends through many other worlds, and finally came to a safe place -- well, as safe as any place was likely to be -- where they could have normal lives.

The problem, though, with being raised in a death camp and then becoming a guerilla from a young age, is that you never have any real conception of what a normal life is. Quite apart from their obvious physical differences -- noteworthy even in Freedom City, if not usually occasioning fear and hatred -- the traumas of Samuel and Samantha Capote's lives to this point made it hard for them to find places where they could fit in. Counselling could have begun to heal some of the wounds, but neither of them was willing to entrust themselves to authority figures who offered it.

Their respective unrequited loves were both disasters. Samantha was at least fortunate that Nereid immediately let her down gently as soon as she realized that there was another Alterniteen with romantic designs on her, and they became good friends before Nereid left the Academy. Samuel was less fortunate, as his crush on Seven caused serious trouble for the young mage during the conclusion of her war with Lucius Cabot, and he received a close-up demonstration of what exactly 'subtle and quick to anger' might mean.

And so, disappointed in the safety of Earth-Prime, they kept working with Navigatrix to explore and rescue the children of other parallel worlds, less out of a hope that they'd find someplace better than because they wanted to save others as they'd been saved, and for friendship, perhaps. Their journeys took them to countless worlds, some similar to those that they'd already known, many unlike anything that they'd ever imagined. They buried themselves in their work.

Then they found the world that changed everything. Another world where mutants had been treated as animals by a non-mutant population, until birthrates rose and mutants outnumbered their masters, beginning a war. Even some of the names were the same as they'd been in the history the Capotes had lived through, though there were no counterparts for themselves there. But this was a world where the struggle for freedom had yet to reach the point where the Dever Virus was unleashed.

There was really only one thing that Dauntless and Relentless could do, and they were supported by the other Alterniteens as they'd always supported them in the past. They contacted the leaders of the mutant insurgency and revealed what was going to happen, helping them to find where the virus was being created and preventing it from being made ... then helping the insurgency to make peace with more moderate human factions and bring the war to an end so that the decimation would never happen.

They'd saved a world just like their own, and they should have been very happy.

But they'd forgot that wars are fought by at least two sides, and that a peace which can satisfy many will not satisfy those who want only the peace of the grave for all those who oppose them. And so Relentless was murdered by a fellow mutant, and though Dauntless managed to capture her killer, he knew that his struggle was only beginning. That struggle would likely consume his life, in one way or another. Regardless, it was the end of his travels with the Alterniteens as well.

They left Samuel with a way of contacting Navigatrix if he ever needed their help. He hasn't in the years since, even though there are signs that his new world has been annexed by the crosstime mercantile empire of the world known as Prime ...

Dauntless -- PL 9

Abilities: STR 10 | STA 9 | AGL 0 | DEX 1 | FGT 8 | INT 0 | AWE 0 | PRE 0
Powers: Alloy Body (Enhanced Strength 2, Limited to Lifting; Growth 3, Density Increase, Permanent, Innate; Immunity 20 [cold damage, heat damage]; Impervious Toughness 9), Mighty Legs (Leaping 2).
Advantages: Endurance, Improved Hold, Interpose, Power Attack, Takedown Attack.
Skills: Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+4), Insight 4 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+8), Investigation 4 (+4), Perception 6 (+6), Stealth 4 (+4).
Offense: Initiative +0, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 10).
Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 8, Fortitude 13, Toughness 9, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 44 + Powers 40 + Advantages 5 + Skills 15 + Defenses 15 = 119 points
Complications: Acceptance--Motivation. Unrequited Love. Friendship (Navigatrix).

Relentless -- PL 9

Abilities: STR 6 | STA 6 | AGL 4 | DEX 3 | FGT 6 | INT 1 | AWE 2 | PRE 0
Powers: Flurry of Blows (Multi-Attack on Strength Damage), Super-Speed (Enhanced Dodge 6; Enhanced Parry 6; Enhanced Advantages 6 (Improved Initiative 6); Movement 1 [water-walking], Limited to when moving; Quickness 6; Speed 8).
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Endurance, Improved Initiative 6, Set-Up, Takedown Attack, Teamwork.
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+12), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+4), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+4), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +28, Unarmed +12 (Close Multiattack Damage 6).
Defense: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 9, Toughness 6, Will 6.
Totals: Abilities 56 + Powers 39 + Advantages 5 + Skills 23 + Defenses 9 = 132 points.
Complications: Acceptance--Motivation. Unrequited Love. Friendship (Navigatrix).
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm
Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 amConsequently, in the wake of that and the disbanding of her Next-Gen team, she spent a number of months being repeatedly and forcefully interviewed by AEGIS' Counter-Terminus Task Force, before Mr. Zane persuaded them to let her go and contact her later if they needed further information.
At this point I realized that this is told from Changling's perspective.
And considering that in spite of her intelligence and experience she tends to assume the best of almost everybody she meets... Well, just think it might not have been as nice and tidy as she implied.
And yes, the Counter-Grue Task Force (which is basically a wholly-owned and -operated subsidiary of Majestic-20) also wanted a piece of her. Possibly several pieces.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Magni

Magni Thorson, sole survivor of his world's Ragnarok, was quite happy to settle on Earth-Prime. He found it not that different from the Midgard he'd known, even if its heroes were more colorful than those he'd known before. His world had been one of Norse-flavored urban fantasy, of heavy metal skalds, rune-carving wizards and gunslinging einherjar. If the costumes were strange to him, the battles were not, and this world was much to his liking, as were many of the people he met there. Most notably, of course, Thetis of Atlantis, the beautiful Nereid.

Their relationship was not an easy one, for though both he and she realized their attraction for each other soon enough, there was another in her heart, the somber paragon Caias Ward. For his own part, Ward made it clear to Thetis that he thought of her only as a dear friend, yet her heart was still broken when he was lost in space on the Next-Gen's graduation mission. She told Magni that she hoped that they could be together, but her responsibilities would always bind her to Atlantis, where his would take him on voyages to other worlds.

Unsatisfied with this, Magni embarked on a quest to show that he could be a champion of this world, and a fit partner for Thetis. He did many heroic deeds, particularly in Scandinavia, notably fighting against the forces of Shadow there. Unfortunately, in the process he attracted the attention of Ragnarok, Overshadow's chief enforcer and estranged son, and they fought a terrific battle. Magni had grown in might, but he was still no match for the Son of the Slain, and he was left bloody and crushed in the snow outside Uppsala, contemptuously discarded as not even worth a finishing blow. With the last of his strength, Magni spoke a quiet prayer to his father, and passed out to the sound of wings.

When he awoke, he was being tended by elf-maidens, and soon a great, red-bearded man with a chip of stone in his forehead entered the room. "So, you're the boy who was that ... other Thor's son," said Thor. "Be welcome in Bilskirnir." Magni's prayer had served as a summoning that called the attention of the gods of Asgard, and a Valkyrie had been dispatched to bring him to their realm. Of course, there was a price to be paid for such aid -- he was now to be treated as one of the Aesir, and not able to travel to Midgard unless someone summoned him.

It took him some time to get used to this very different version of the Realm Eternal, where Balder yet lived and Loki, hated Loki, was sometimes welcomed among the Aesir. The fact that there was a different Magni here didn't help matters. Yet in time, he came to view it as a home, and was happy to be given work in protecting it. He has some occasional qualms about the tasks that the All-Father -- who is definitely not the friendly grandfather he remembers, but a cold and calculating ruler -- sends him on, but he has found ways to accomplish them without violating his conscience thus far.

Some of those tasks have taken him to the Netherworld, and out of all those who knew Seven, he has the clearest picture of her struggles. He's keeping a watchful eye on her, and tries to help her when he can. Mostly, though, he does his work in hopes that his fame will reach the ears of those on Midgard who still hearken to the tales of the Aesir will learn of his heroics, and call him back from time to time. And perhaps that they'll reach the ears of one he's loved and now truly lost ...

Magni Thorson -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 9 | STA 9 | AGL 1 | DEX 3 | FGT 9 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 2
Powers: Half-God (Immunity 4 [aging, cold, disease, heat]; Sustained Immunity 2 [suffocation]; Impervious Protection 4), Power Lifting (Enhanced Strength 2, Limited to lifting), Surtur And Ymir (Strength-based Damage 2, Aura, Variable [environmental]; Array: Environment 8 [extreme cold], Dynamic, DAP: Environment 8 [extreme heat], DAP: Environment 8 [impede movement 2], DAP: Environment 8 [visibility 2], DAP: Ranged Damage 8; Removable), Worldwalker Talisman (Movement 2 [dimensional movement (mystical dimensions)]; Removable)
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Fearless, Improved Hold, Language 2 (Danish, Norwegian, Old Norse, Swedish), Power Attack, Ultimate Effort (Strength checks).
Skills: Athletics 4 (+13), Expertise: Magic 4 (+4), Expertise: Riding 6 (+7) Expertise: Survival 6 (+6), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Attack: Lightning 5 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +1, Unarmed +11 (Close Damage 9), Hammer Strike +11 (Close Damage 11), Lightning +8 (Ranged Damage 8).
Defense: Dodge 7, Parry 9, Fortitude 13, Toughness 13, Will 7.
Totals: Abilities 70 + Powers 40 + Advantages 8 + Skills 20 + Defense 15 = 154 points.
Complications: Recognition--Motivation. Subject to the Ban. Temper. Relationship (Nereid).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 pm Dauntless and Relentless
Davies wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:27 pm Magni
Wow, looks like the Alternateens haven't had an easy go of it. Considering their pasts I can't say I'm terribly surprised.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 am
Davies wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 pm Dauntless and Relentless
Davies wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:27 pm Magni
Wow, looks like the Alternateens haven't had an easy go of it. Considering their pasts I can't say I'm terribly surprised.
Well, two KIA, one resurrected, is better than some teams of X-Men have managed. <shrugs>
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:23 am Well, two KIA, one resurrected, is better than some teams of X-Men have managed. <shrugs>
Or almost any superhero team not made up of classic original members.
If you wind up fan favorite you're fine. If not? Oi!
Davies

Post by Davies »

Whoop-Ant

There was a time when Whoop-Ant was having the time of his life. He was on the Next-Gen, he was on the Alterniteens, he was on the honor roll and he was on Andrea Atom's enemies list for dating her younger daughter. Every day was awesome. And if you looked in on him now, you might think that absolutely nothing had changed ... and you'd be sort of right. But that's part of the problem.

Things started to go a little bit astray just a little bit before he graduated, when a routine medical exam noted the absence of certain changes in his body. Several more detailed examinations later, it soon became clear that he had stopped aging around the age of sixteen. Whoop-Ant responded to this development with unfeigned enthusiasm, since he'd never seen the appeal of growing up. The fact that this meant Vickie had to break up with him, since she couldn't be dating someone who was stuck as a teen-ager when she was in her early twenties, was less than spectacular.

But hey, you gotta learn to roll with the punches, right? And anyway, he was ready to boogie as a member of the Freedom League while still serving with the Alterniteens, and hey, it even made sense for him to be part of the latter group forever, what with him being an eternal teen-ager and all. Unfortunately, neither Captain Thunder nor Navigatrix saw things that way. They both wanted him to make a commitment to one of the groups -- having someone who might be on a mission in some other dimension when they needed him didn't work for the Freedom League, and having someone who might be in outer space when they needed him didn't work for the Alterniteens.

Forced to make a choice like that, Whoop-Ant chose neither. Besides, he could probably accomplish more and have more fun times down on Freedom's streets, right? Well, he managed to do quite a bit of crime interruption and prevention, and played lots of pranks on the criminal fraternity. But in the Grant years, he often saw the guys he pranked and thwarted get out on the street because it was his word against theirs as to what had been happening. Ultimately, he ended up just not bothering to show up to testify. Too much of a hassle.

He worked a bit with the Freedom Knights, but even they found him unreliable; they had no way of getting in touch with Whoop-Ant when they needed him, as he'd go through disposable cell phones on what seemed like a daily basis. It was almost like he only wanted any contacts he had with people to be on his own terms, and no one else's. Actually, it was exactly like that.

When not out patrolling the street, Anthony Andrews lives in a rented room in Riverside, paid for with the monthly interest from a trust fund set up by Navigatrix to take care of her children on Earth-Prime. He makes no attempt to maintain any civilian life, or any relationships outside of the superheroic community. The fact that people view him as a flake says more about their overly serious selves than it does about him.

Whoop-Ant -- PL 9

Abilities: STR 8/0 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 2 | FGT 4 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: Shrinking (Shrinking 16 [+8 Dodge, +8 Parry, +16 Stealth], Normal Strength; Enhanced Strength 8, Quirk [one rank per 2 ranks of Shrinking active]), Unaging (Immunity 1 [aging]), Wind-riding (Flight 4).
Advantages: Assessment, Defensive Roll 4, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork.
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+10), Deception 9 (+11), Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+8), Expertise: Superheroes 5 (+7), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 4 (+6), Stealth 2 (+3/+19).
Offense: Initiative +10, Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 8/0).
Defense: Dodge 12/4, Parry 12/4, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/1, Will 8.
Totals: Abilities 28 + Powers 72 + Advantages 11 + Skills 23 + Defense 14 = 148 points.
Complications: Thrills--Motivation. Prankster. Reputation (flake).
Davies

Post by Davies »

Desert Wasp

From the Atlas of Earth-Prime
The most public Saudi superhuman is also the most infamous, as he is both a criminal and willing exile from his homeland. Zaid Rahman was a troubled teen who had several brushes with the religious police even before his powers manifested. His family was grateful of the opportunity for Zaid to attend the Claremont Academy in the United States, and Zaid was grateful to escape, since life abroad finally allowed him to accept his growing awareness of his homosexuality. Once out of Saudi Arabia, Zaid adopted the code-name “Desert Wasp” and graduated Claremont with honors, making fast friends and, eventually, coming out and applying for asylum in the United States.

Zaid has remained a devout Muslim (in his view). Coupled with his sexuality and nationality, he has been a target for bigots on numerous fronts, including the sinister spirit known as Knightfire. He lives and operates out of Detroit in the United States, but his high-speed flight allows Desert Wasp to visit many places in the world. He has been accused of using his super-sonic flight to secretly aid other LGBT people in escaping persecution in the Middle East but, to date, no proof has arisen.
The accusations are totally true, and could conceivably cause a great deal of trouble for the Freedom League, who are officially unaware of what their Detroit representative is up to. If it comes to a choice between his membership in the League and what he views as his mission in life, there's no real question what he'll do.

Desert Wasp -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 2 | STA 4 | AGL 4 | DEX 5 | FGT 4 | INT 1 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: Energy Pulses (Ranged Damage 10), Force Field (Sustained Impervious Protection 8), Hyper-Speed (Flight 10; Quickness 8),
Advantages: Agile Feint, Evasion, Improved Aim, Instant-Up, Languages 2 (English, Farsi, French, Turkish [Arabic is native]), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 4.
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 9 (+11), Deception 4 (+6), Perception 5 (+7), Stealth 8 (+12), Technology 6 (+7).
Offense: Initiative +4, Unarmed +4 (Close Damage 2), Energy Pulses +9 (Ranged Damage 10).
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 12/4, Will 7.
Totals: Abilities 48 + Powers 64 + Advantages 11 + Skills 20 + Defenses 17 = 160 points
Complications: Justice--Motivation. Prejudice (homosexual and Muslim).
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Davies wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm There aren't enough Janet Van Dyne expies. I like this one.
Well, maybe Ant-Man and the Wasp will change that. Thanks!
I always liked the Janet Van Dyne Wasp, and enjoyed her "Giant-Woman" role in Marvel Adventures even more (really miss that particular alternate take on the Marvel U). So here you seemed to have segued her into the role Hank Pym played in the late, lamented Avengers Academy title. What prompted her retirement, in-universe, btw?

Her entry also raises another point, namely what major expies/analogues is Prime-Earth missing? Keeping in mind there are several "composite" characters of course (Daedalus combines elements of comic-book Herakles with Iron Man, for example).

All my best.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I honestly don't know that they have a Deadpool / Madcap / Ambush Bug kind of crazy metafictional hero or villain. I think they also lack the ever-popular circus/entertainer-themed Job Squad.
Davies

Post by Davies »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 am I always liked the Janet Van Dyne Wasp, and enjoyed her "Giant-Woman" role in Marvel Adventures even more (really miss that particular alternate take on the Marvel U). So here you seemed to have segued her into the role Hank Pym played in the late, lamented Avengers Academy title. What prompted her retirement, in-universe, btw?
She turned thirty. ;) More seriously, she'd never had a secret identity, and so if she continued to operate as a superhero she'd be drawing undue attention to what's supposed to be a secret school for superheroes. If it ever comes down to it, she'll choose helping people as a superhero over keeping the secret, though.
greycrusader wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 amHer entry also raises another point, namely what major expies/analogues is Prime-Earth missing? Keeping in mind there are several "composite" characters of course (Daedalus combines elements of comic-book Herakles with Iron Man, for example).
FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:37 am I honestly don't know that they have a Deadpool / Madcap / Ambush Bug kind of crazy metafictional hero or villain. I think they also lack the ever-popular circus/entertainer-themed Job Squad.
Mainstream Earth-Prime doesn't have a metafictional villain, but I've got Foxbat for that! And since I have a group of fashion villains in the Commander's backstory (the ones who tried to take Berlin after they took Manhattan), I might be able to something more with them.

I think there's one that they are missing, but I'm not sure if I can explain this well -- it's a character inspired by Magneto's role as 'the mightiest of his kind'. I think it might be possible to come up with a very powerful stormer, possibly one with the natural ability to take control of the Silver Storm's nanites or even create new stormers.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 am Her entry also raises another point, namely what major expies/analogues is Prime-Earth missing? Keeping in mind there are several "composite" characters of course (Daedalus combines elements of comic-book Herakles with Iron Man, for example).
One of the things I liked about the Freedom League when it was first published was that the team combined a ton of archetypes into individuals. Daedalus is Wonder Woman and Iron Man and the Engineer, for example. Dr. Metropolis is as much Vision or Red Tornado as he is Jack Hawskmoor. The Authority were still big at the time and they got thrown into the mix, which I thought was cool.