World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - The Sentinels (updated)! Meta-4! The Algernon Files

Post by Davies »

Thank you! Still engaged in that other project, which leaves me with no time to put together character builds and backgrounds, unfortunately.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Happy Birthday!
Davies

Post by Davies »

Author's Note: Had an idea that wouldn't let go. Inspired by Jab's thread, and by a campaign seed in Masks Unbound ...

Fujion

As with all popularity contests, any attempt to identify the most popular entertainer on Earth-Prime runs into the difficulty of finding a metric acceptable to all parties. In other words, it's doomed to failure. But it is quite possible that the man born Antony Campbell in Mississippi, a little more than thirty years ago, would be considered a leading candidate for that position. He suffers a bit for occasional comparisons to another dancer and singer, who died of scandal long before he died of medical malpractice, but Fujion simply smiles at such remarks, expressing only sincere admiration for that individual's artistic accomplishments and the hope that he can do just as well.

Those who've seen Fujion dance will swear that he can't be human, but some creature of purest rhythm brought to Earth. They're wrong, but right that he has something more than skill inspiring his moves. Fujion is probably the single most famous savant in the world, and is both a physical marvel and possessed of something beyond what is understood as perfect pitch. He probably could honestly claim to sing anything better than nearly anyone else, but generally just does his own stuff rather than that of other people.

In the course of his career, Fujion has met and even assisted many members of the Freedom League; even those who profess to dislike his music will admit that his willingness to lend his talents and money to charitable endeavors, in particular working to rescue and rehabilitate child soldiers, demonstrate a quality that's clearly heroic. He deals with being almost constantly in the public eye by being the icon almost constantly -- he doesn't walk, he dances; he doesn't speak, he sings. Very few people have ever seen him when he's not "on", and these universally respect his privacy by not discussing it. (One of them is Trouble, whom he taught to sing.)

Lately, Fujion's dreams have been troubled by a phrase of music that keeps recurring in them. It's not a pleasant sound, but the urge to incorporate it into his work is almost overpowering ...

Fujion -- PL7

Abilities: STR 1 | STA 3 | AGL 4 | DEX 3 | FGT 0 | INT 2 | AWE 3 | PRE 5
Powers: Dance Mastery (Enhanced Skills 6 [Acrobatics 6, Expertise: Dance 6]; Movement 1 [sure-footed]), Musician's Ear (Senses 2 [analytical hearing]).
Advantages: Assessment, Attractive, Benefit 4 (multimillionare), Connected, Daze (Deception), Defensive Disarm*, Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Fascinate (Expertise: Dance), Favored Environment (on stage), Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 2, Inspire 2, Instant Up, Languages 4, Redirect, Set-Up, Taunt, Weapon Bind.
Skills: Acrobatics 7/13 (+17), Athletics 7 (+8), Deception 6 (+11), Expertise: Dance 6/12 (+14), Expertise: Song (PRE) 8 (+13), Insight 8 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+11), Stealth 4 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +12, Unarmed +0 (Close Damage 1)**
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5, Will 8
Totals: Abilities 42 + Powers 10 + Advantages 30 + Skills 26 + Defenses 22 = 130
Complications: Spread Joy--Motivation. Always On. Fame. Pacifism.

* Make Disarm attack check with Parry bonus.
** Included for completeness; Fujion will not under any circumstances take an attack action.
Last edited by Davies on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, amazing. I recognized the outfit immediately, and then read the rest :).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm just waiting to hear how he disarmed a situation with a gang by showing off his dancing skills ;~)

Fun stuff Davies.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

It may just be a personal choice on your part, but I'm surprised he has neither Skill Mastery nor Ultimate Check to ensure that his dancing is always top-notch (or, at least, never bad).
Davies

Post by Davies »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:44 am It may just be a personal choice on your part, but I'm surprised he has neither Skill Mastery nor Ultimate Check to ensure that his dancing is always top-notch (or, at least, never bad).
Considered it, decided that I don't like the idea of pairing either of those with a 'flavor' skill like Expertise. When he wants to do well with Fascinate, it's a Hero Point situation.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Author's Note: Another idea that wouldn't let go, updating something from the first Ronin Army iteration of this thread.

Dolorosa

What she looks like most of the time

Her 'high dudgeon'

There was once a young girl who was unhappy with her world and age, which seemed so boring and mundane to her. So she eventually decided to form a club to seek out interesting phenomena, totally of her own volition and initiative of course. And while she never found any of the strange things that were, she was sure, hiding just out of sight, they had a lot of fun and so she was happy. And then one of the minor and unimportant members of the club decided to wreck everything by telling her that all the other members of the club were part of the strange and were deliberately hiding the truth from her. It made her a bit angry.

The next day, she woke up in a wonderful place, filled with strange people and things that acted like people, all being very nice to her as she walked among the crystal spires. They had many questions for her, and she answered them, and was pleased when they answered her questions as well. It was wonderful, but all wonders eventually start to pale after you've been exposed to them for long enough. So she asked when she would be allowed to go home.

And that was when they showed her the galaxy-sized singularity which had replaced her home world, and was slowly consuming the rest of her universe, and told her how it had come to be. "You have committed a crime beyond mortal comprehension," they told her. "And those which could be considered gods have washed their hands of you. No punishment we can imagine will suffice, and so we will not inflict any upon you. This world was created to be your cage. We hope you do not mind."

After a while, she found that she did, in fact, mind, and so she left.

A long time later, a woman who was no longer young, covered in more scar tissue than flesh, stepped through a portal that closed behind her, and let out a sigh as she absorbed the history of the new world where she stood. Another Earth where America had supported the British and the Soviets in their war with Germany, and so been somewhat ready when Japan attacked. It was so bewildering to consider that the circumstances she'd always taken for granted seemed to be somewhat unique in the cosmos. Well, it couldn't be helped.

Calling herself Dolores Asagiri -- or Heyva, among those more close to her -- she fell in with the a group of mutants, more deformed than empowered by their abilities, and lives in their Camarillo headquarters -- taking obscure amusement in the fact that it used to be a mental hospital -- protecting the other members to the best of her ability. She is correctly regarded by the group as the faction's 'big gun', and they regard the fact that she utterly refuses any role involving leadership to be very frustrating. But no one has been foolish enough to try and force one on her, and so things have stayed as they have.

In terms of her powers, Dolorosa can do pretty much anything. Her one real limitation is her imagination -- which is more imitative than anything else. When fighting alongside Princess and Ultramarine against a group of GENOCIDE troopers and their silly giant robots, for example, she copied what they were doing rather than inventing anything of her own. (On the other hand, that proved to be more than enough.) She did seem a bit startled when she met Princess, though, but it was probably just something to do with someone she's met before. She's met a lot of people before.

When not required to use her powers, she mostly spends her time alone, working in a garden. She was stated that she thinks the worlds would probably be a lot better off if everyone did that ...

Dolorosa -- PL 13

Abilities: STR 14/0 | STA 0 | AGL 2 | DEX 4 | FGT 9 | INT 7 | AWE 8 | PRE 7
Powers: Claws (Strength-based Damage 2, Removable), Force Blasts (Array: Ranged Damage 16, AP: Perception Range Move Object 10, Precise, Subtle), Moves Like Lightning, Strikes Like Thunder (Enhanced Strength 14; Flight 12; Impervious Protection 16), Undying Yet Slow to Heal (Enhanced Fortitude 8; Immortality 1; Immunity 3 [aging, disease, poison]), Whispers of the Worlds (Comprehend Languages 4; Enhanced Advantages 2 [Jack-of-all-Trades, Well-Informed]).
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 3, Jack-of-all-Trades, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Well-Informed.
Skills: Athletics 2 (+16), Deception 8 (+15), Expertise: Multiverse 12 (+19), Insight 10 (+18), Intimidation 12 (+19), Perception 8 (+16), Persuasion 8 (+15), Ranged Combat: Force Blasts 6 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +14; Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 14), Claws +9 (Close Damage 16), Force Blast +10 (Ranged Damage 16).
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 13/5, Toughness 16, Will 13
Totals: Abilities 74 + Powers 151 + Advantages 9 + Skills 33 + Defenses 17 = 284 points
Complications: Peace--Motivation. Not Terribly Peaceful. Tendency to Ignore Small Problems That Turn Into Big Ones. Fond of Chess Metaphors Involving the Night Sky and Stars. Perhaps Overly Specific. Enemies From Millions Upon Millions of Worlds.

Note: The abilities above represent the current 'setting' of a Variable Trait of near infinite rank; changing that setting requires increasing amounts of time depending on how much additional power is being added, on the order of a year per rank of Variable used. She cannot gain Regeneration or Healing that affects herself.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Billie Zane

Born in 2015, Billie was technically the youngest (and only biological) child of Rachel Baldwin and Frederik Zane; however, their older siblings Ada (constructed 2011, achieved sapience 2019) and Carla (born 2002, adopted 2018) didn't join the family until after her birth. Billie was born with many of Rachel's biological mutations (two hearts, no appendix, etc.) as well as other mutations that led their parents to decide to raise Billie as agender until Billie decided on their own gender identity. As an adult, however, Billie continued to identify as agender.

In adolescence, it became clear that Billie had also inherited Zane's psychic talents, and was given some training by Zane in the use of same. However, Zane was more involved in the training of several of his other proteges, leaving Billie to largely figure things out by themself (much as Zane himself had) and consequently developed those talents in very different directions. They never developed Zane's ability to network minds on a potentially global level, but mastered telekinesis to a much greater degree.

During Billie's late adolescence and early adulthood, they were frequently encouraged to adopt a superheroic identity and seek out membership in the Freedom League. By that point, however, Moon-Sun had already joined the group and Billie believed themself to be rather superfluous. Instead, they acted as a superheroic consultant on psychic powers and their mystic side, having learned quite a bit from their 'Uncle' Zalman. They moved to Emerald City in 2036, and frequently assisted the Sentinels, as well as having a number of encounters with Elly Psion, Zane's favored pupil.

After Zane's 2039 death, Billie briefly returned to Freedom City to help run SaneTech, but came to the conclusion that Carla and her husband were much better suited to the task than they ever could be. They went to work as an operative for their father's old enemy Savant (who was making a show of penitence) and engaged in a number of quiet adventures in the 2040s, most notably fighting Tyrannus alongside Toxic. Savant's own death in 2046 resulted in his company's dissolution, leaving Billie somewhat at loose ends.

The rise of the Authority in 2050 caught Billie off-guard. They escaped to Canada, engaged in a certain amount of spybusting, but eventually traveled to Europe when it became clear that the Authority wasn't going to collapse any time soon. In Europe, Billie served as one of the coordinators of an 'underground railroad' of mystics and psychics from occupied Britain, occasionally raiding into the country and clashing with Psyker Marines.

It seems likely that doing this was got them killed, though Billie has no clear memories of dying. One moment they were walking through the streets of Paris at night, the next they were suspended in a machine and discovering through telepathy that it was the 33rd century. This is just one of several things that have put them on edge, along with people making reference to powers that Billie doesn't possess as though they did. Billie's fate in the future remains unclear ...

Billie's personality is somewhat hard to get a read on, thanks to their tendency to adopt whatever persona will get them closer to their objective. By and large, they are a compassionate if somewhat reserved person who believes strongly in supporting the underdog, but sometimes fails to consider their own privilege in doing so. Questions about their gender identity will get one of several well-prepared snarky answers; in this, they very closely resemble their mother. Billie has also been known to get so wrapped up in contemplation that they forget their situation; in this, they very closely resemble their father.

Billie Zane -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 1 | STA 3 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 4 | INT 4 | AWE 6 | PRE 5
Powers:
Basic Psychokinesis:
Perception Range Move Object 3, Precise, Subtle - 11 points
Basic Telepathy: Mental Communication 1 - 4 points
Force Field: Sustained Impervious Protection 10 - 20 points
Mutations: Impervious Fortitude 9; Immunity 2 [critical hits] - 11 points
Psychic Powers: Array (45 points)
* Mind Probe: Cumulative Effortless Mind-Reading 11, Subtle - 45 points
* Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 14 [all senses], Standard Action, Dimensional [astral], Subtle - 1 point
* Mental Blast: Perception Range Damage 11, Will Resistance, Subtle - 1 point
* Paralyzer: Perception Range Cumulative Affliction 11 [Resisted by Will; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized], Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Subtle - 1 point
* Hallucinations: Illusions 11 [all senses], Resistable by Will - 1 point
* Megakinesis/Focused Totality of Psychic Powers: Enhanced Perception-Range Move Object 15 - 1 point
Shielded Mind: Impervious Will 11 - 11 points
Advantages: Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-Trades, Ultimate Effort (Will check), Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Deception 8 (+13), Expertise: Magic 4 (+8), Expertise: Science 6 (+10), Insight 12 (+18), Investigation 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+13), Stealth 6 (+9), Technology 8 (+12).
Offense: Initiative +7, Unarmed +4 (Close Damage 1), Mental Blast -- (Perception Damage 11, Resisted by Will), Paralyzer -- (Perception Affliction 11, Resisted by Will)
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 9, Fortitude 9, Toughnesss 13/3, Will 13
Totals: Abilities 60 + Powers 107 + Advantages 5 + Skills 29 + Defenses 23 = 224 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Family. Prejudice (agender).
Last edited by Davies on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Zane made it to 65? I'll bet he was surprised :D

Is that a total of Move Object 18? Doesn't Move Object affect PL?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Only id damaging or AOE as I recall beyond that feel free to move the earth and stars
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 pm Only id damaging or AOE as I recall beyond that feel free to move the earth and stars
Or if used to grab, trip, disarm, etc.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:09 pm Zane made it to 65? I'll bet he was surprised :D

Is that a total of Move Object 18? Doesn't Move Object affect PL?
Nope: "Move Object cannot inflict damage directly; you can’t “punch” or “crush” objects with it."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Yes it can if the damaging extra is applied which lets it ""act an as application of normal strength with damage equal to its rank, which includes damaging targets in grabs and making raged strike attacks.""
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Did Billy inherit Mom's scary smile?