World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Splotch! Card Seeker Wakaba! The Sentinels (updated)!

Post by Davies »

It's actually more Werewolf: The Apocalypse than : The Forsaken, I never quite got into the Forsaken for some reason.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Splotch! Card Seeker Wakaba! The Sentinels (updated)!

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:37 am It's actually more Werewolf: The Apocalypse than : The Forsaken, I never quite got into the Forsaken for some reason.
I think it's more the location than anything that tends to throw people off.Not many folks like Boulder,Colorado...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Not feeling it today. I'll try to have Vortex and the two newer Sentinels done tomorrow.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Vortex

If you'd asked Vortex if he thought that he'd ever be one of the senior members of the Sentinels, looked to by others for leadership, he'd have laughed at you. And yet somehow that's happened. Princess frequently puts him in charge of whichever sub-team of the group she's not leading personally, and while that's mostly because he's their best escape ticket if things turn hairy, it's not only because of that. He's also developed the instincts to know when to punch that escape ticket, and when not to do so as well.

If nothing else, he demonstrates his qualities as a crimefighter by the scope of his enemies. While he still needs help from the rest of the team when Professor Zed shows up, he was able to single-handedly overcome Cerebrus Rex the last time they fought -- though that was with a lot of luck, and a good deal of carelessness on the dinosaur's part. Upon defeating him, Vortex returned Cerebrus Rex to his own timeline and had a short adventure there, assisting a nation of Simians in the process.

These adventures on other worlds are becoming a thing for him. Vortex has learned he's visited as many parallel worlds and strange dimensions in the few years he's been active as the Atom Family has in their entire decades-long history, with his accounts comprising roughly a third of the entries in the Freedom League's Multiversal Database. The fact that he's one of the few superheroes with dimensional travel powers has often resulted in him being contacted by other heroes and used as a dimensional traveling courier, something he's not all that thrilled about, but endures nonetheless.

By now, the fact that he got his start as a burglar has been all but forgotten by most people. It hasn't been forgotten by the law, however, and so Vortex found himself 'volunteered' to assist in the creation of a version of Freedom City's notorious Project Freedom in Emerald City, giving advice and guidance to paroled supercriminals, and sometimes leading them in clean-up duties. Honestly, he's ridiculously ill-suited to this sort of thing, and would love to push it off onto someone else, but nobody on the team seems appropriate, now that Victor has left.

Vortex -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 0 | STA 3 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 2 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 1
Powers: Cosmic Awareness (Senses 8 [acute hyper-extended 3 dimensional awareness]), Quick Change (Feature [quick change]), Shunting Field (Linked Enhanced Dodge 11 and Enhanced Parry 11 and Sustained Protection 3), Summoning Vortices (Array: Ranged Damage 14, Variable Descriptor [any environmental], AP: Cone Area Damage 11, Variable Descriptor [any environment], AP: Linked Close Range Cone Area Move Object 7, Limited Direction (away from source) and Sustained Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 7 [Resisted by Fortitude; Hindered, Prone], Instant Recovery, Limited Degree), Travel Vortices (Array: Accurate Teleport 11, Change Direction, Increased Mass 2, AP: Accurate Extended Only Teleport 11, Change Direction, Increased Mass 2, AP: Accurate Portal Teleport 11, Change Direction, Distracting, Tiring, AP: Movement 3 [dimensional travel (any)], Increased Mass 2), Vortex Platform (Array: Flight 3, Platform, AP: Indirect 3 on Strength Damage).
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Evasion, Luck 4, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Redirect, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (Dodge checks).
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Deception 8 (+8), Expertise: Musician 2 (+4), Expertise: Student 2 (+4), Expertise: The Multiverse 4 (+6), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+6), Stealth 6 (+9)
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 0, Indirect 3), Projection Vortex +8 (Ranged Damage 14), Wide-Angel Vortex -- (Cone Area Damage 11).
Defense: Dodge 16/5, Parry 14/3, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/3, Will 8.
Totals: Abilities 34 + Powers 108 + Advantages 14 + Skills 20 + Defense 14 = 190 points
Complications: Thrills--Motivation. Enemy (Professor Zed, Cerebrus Rex). Responsibility (Project Freedom). Secret Identity.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Justicar

Before the Silver Storm, Cody Reese was employed in the ECPD forensics lab. An excellent crime scene analyst, he was shy, introverted and just a bit too impressed with his own intelligence. He was also becoming increasingly frustrated at the way that his analysis of crime scenes and discovery of airtight evidence kept being used to pressure criminals into accepting plea deals rather than for convictions, not to mention the way that he was accused of being naive when he complained about the subject.

The Silver Storm turned his body into that of a muscleman and gave him the ability to make people fear him with a thought. It also affected his brain, but not enough to make him run wild like other victims of the incident did. Instead, he began spending his nights as the Justicar, a gunslinging vigilante with a gothic motif, and pursued those criminals whom he believed had escaped their punishment. His activities soon attracted the attention of the Rook, who prevented him from killing any of his targets during his first few months of activities, though the Justicar always escaped capture.

In September of 2012, however, the Justicar was one of several stormers placed under the direct control of Tellax for an assault on the Sentinels and MarsTech. Horrified at having been forced to attack the innocent and fellow crimefighters (as he saw the Sentinels) he surrendered to the authorities as soon as the control was lifted, and went to jail. The Rook continued to take an interest in his case, and persuaded the police to place the Justicar in his own custody.

Forced in the most direct way possible to realize that even "good" people could do "bad" things, Cody Reese's black and white worldview was badly damaged. It received further shocks as the Rook revealed to him that at least one of the people he'd tried to murder because of the way they'd "gotten away with it" had had all that "airtight evidence" against them because they'd been framed, and rather effectively, by one of the numerous secret agencies and conspiracies active in Emerald City. "'No-nonsense' solutions like yours ignore the fact that the world is full of nonsense!" the Rook told him.

Despite that, the Rook was also unable to deny that the Justicar had been a very effective operator, and that he could become a genuinely useful ally in the Sentinels' activities. He took Cody under his wing, outfitted him with AEGIS-issued blasters (theoretically less lethal weapons than the Desert Eagles he'd been using up until this point) and gave him some personal training. Following the example of Vortex, the Justicar became a probationary member of the Sentinels early in 2014, and has remained with the team ever since. He also left the ECPD forensics lab and went to work for a private forensic firm.

The Justicar was tempted to quit after the dispute that led to the Rook leaving, as he agreed with his friend and mentor completely, but the Rook urged him to remain and continue to stand for what they both believed in. The entire sordid affair is bringing his old tendencies to the fore, though, and it's very possible that he's going to do something he regrets before too long. His relationship with Kim Kamada is providing a lot of stress relief, however.

Justicar -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 8 | STA 4 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 9 | | INT 2 | AWE 4 | PRE 3
Powers: Aura of Fear (Selective Cone Area Affliction 9 [Resisted by Will; Impaired, Immobile, Incapacitated]).
Equipment: Bulletproof Vest (Protection 4), Urban Camoflage, Smartphone, Gas Mask, Handcuffs, Two Blaster Pistols (Ranged Damage 5), Multitool, Night Vision Goggles, Toolkit, Justi-car (Size: L, Strength: 5, Speed: 6 (ground), Defense: 8, Toughness: 8, Features: Alarm 3, Commlink, Toolkit).
Advantages: Close Attack 3, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Roll, Equipment 8, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown, Well-Informed.
Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 2 (+10), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise: Criminology 6 (+8), Insight 2 (+6), Intimidation 7 (+10), Investigation 10 (+12), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat: Guns 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 6 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+6).
Offense: Initiative +7, Unarmed +12 (Close Damage 8), Blaster Pistol +12 (Ranged Damage 5), Aura of Fear -- (Cone Area Will 9).
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 7, Toughness 10/8/4, Will 8.
Totals: Abilities 70 + Powers 27 + Advantages 26 + Skills 33 + Defenses 13 = 169 points
Complications: Justice--Motivation. Reputation (dangerous ex-vigilante). Unreasonable.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Tenfold

Eddie DeCamp was yet another perfectly normal soul -- a university freshman studying music at ECU -- who was transformed by the Silver Storm. He became roughly ten times stronger, faster, tougher and (maybe) smarter than the average human. Now, while that's not all that impressive in a world where there are people who are much stronger, faster, tougher or smarter than even that, his combination of abilities -- and the fact that their acquisition didn't drive him into a frenzy -- marked him out as a bit more than the norm.

Naturally, given these talents, Eddie's desire was to make sure everyone knew how great he was. To his credit, he did understand the distinction between notoriety and fame, and wanted to become famous as a hero, not a villain. He'd only gotten as far as designing a costume when his mind was taken over by the Commander and he was used to attack Redshift Energies. He recovered after a day, but the fact that the first footage of him was going to be of his criminal enterprises was a serious blow to his plans for an action figure deal.

Eddie had an image problem. On the other hand, stormers in general had an image problem. Come to think of it, those who fought stormers had an image problem they didn't even know about yet. He waited until things had settled down from the whole alien robot trying to transform the world business, and then approached the Sentinels about joining. They politely turned him down, and he smiled and told them that he'd wait until they changed their minds. The very next day the first "Sentinels call stormers a menace to society" headline was on the news.

The debate over how (and if) the team should answer the criticism that they were too harsh on stormers lasted almost a full year. All the while, Tenfold kept right on fighting crime, showing up at the oddest times to help individual members of the Sentinels whenever there were a lot of media attention on them, wearing an Allegria-designed costume and looking good for the cameras. Finally, it was decided to offer him membership on the team, which was -- of course -- announced at a press conference.

Ever since, Tenfold has been working away to raise the Sentinels' media profile as well as his own. Sometimes these clever little schemes have had unexpected dividends, such as the time that he invited Bay City's Champions up to Emerald City so that the two teams could work together, with him busily sabotaging the Champions. His underhanded efforts came to naught, but the other members of the two teams formed a good working relationship, and nobody else realized what he was up to. (Or at least didn't say anything.) Other times, such as when the team almost found out what it looks like when Princess loses her temper after she found out that the rumors about her and Tenfold having wild sex in Cabo came from none other than the man himself, have come close to seeing him kicked out of the group.

Currently, Tenfold's efforts to keep the team's absence from Earth from the public has ensured that his most recent errors of judgement are being overlooked. It's something of a shame that he's so focused on fame, really, because he's also surprisingly loyal. Whenever the 'Sentinels Scramble!' call goes out, he's always one of the first to arrive, and never sends his apologies because he's got something else going on. On the other hand, it's been noted that his life is kind of empty other than his drive for fame and membership in the Sentinels, so he really doesn't have anything else going on.

Tenfold -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 5/1 | STA 6/2 | AGL 5/1 | DEX 6/2 | FGT 8/4 | INT 5/1 | AWE 5/1 | PRE 6/2
Powers: Strength of Ten (Enhanced Strength 4; Leaping 4), Tenfold Endurance (Enhanced Advantages 3 [Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance]; Enhanced Stamina 4; Impervious Fortitude 6), Tenfold Mind (Enhanced Advantages 5 [Beginner’s Luck, Eidetic Memory, Improvised Weapon, Jack-of-all-trades, Throwing Mastery]; Enhanced Awareness 4; Enhanced Intellect 4; Enhanced Presence 4; Impervious Will 8), Tenfold Senses (Senses 4 [acute olfactory, low-light Vision, tracking, ultra-hearing]), Ten Times As Fast (Enhanced Advantages 7 [Evasion, Improved Initiative 4, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge]; Enhanced Agility 4; Enhanced Dexterity 4; Enhanced Fighting 4; Quickness 4; Speed 4).
Advantages: Attractive, Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 4, Improvised Weapon, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown, Teamwork, Throwing Mastery, Uncanny Dodge.
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 4 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+12), Deception 4 (+10), Expertise: Music 3 (+8), Insight 4 (+9), Intimidation 4 (+10), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+10), Ranged Combat: Throwing 4 (+10), Sleight of Hand 2 (+8), Stealth 4 (+9), Vehicles 3 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +21, Unarmed +14 (Close Damage 5).
Defense: Dodge 12/8, Parry 12/8, Fortitude 10/6, Toughness 8/6/4/2, Will 10/6.
Totals: Abilities 28 + Powers 109 + Advantages 10 + Skills 25 + Defenses 20 = 192 points
Complications: Fame--Motivation. Fear (losing powers).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Love Justicar(as you've no dought heard,i have a heavy like for anything that has a Noir type of feel),but i personally think Tenfold used Bad PR to force his way onto the team("The timing of events are way too close to be coincidence." as my PC The Ghost would comment).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:49 am wearing an Allegria-designed costume and looking good for the cameras.
Say what you will. Man has taste.

Now if only people could more easily use his abilities for good rather than ego. ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:19 am Love Justicar(as you've no dought heard,i have a heavy like for anything that has a Noir type of feel),but i personally think Tenfold used Bad PR to force his way onto the team("The timing of events are way too close to be coincidence." as my PC The Ghost would comment).
Yes, there's no real question about it. On t'other hand, he raised a valid point in the process.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:19 am
Davies wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:49 am wearing an Allegria-designed costume and looking good for the cameras.
Say what you will. Man has taste.

Yep.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 am
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:19 am Love Justicar(as you've no dought heard,i have a heavy like for anything that has a Noir type of feel),but i personally think Tenfold used Bad PR to force his way onto the team("The timing of events are way too close to be coincidence." as my PC The Ghost would comment).
Yes, there's no real question about it. On t'other hand, he raised a valid point in the process.
True he did,but i'd lay real money on him STARTING the Bad PR for the Sentinels in the first place just to force them to take him...
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:05 am
Davies wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 am
True he did,but i'd lay real money on him STARTING the Bad PR for the Sentinels in the first place just to force them to take him...
I think his greatest fear is being set back to to his pre-Stormer life as a university student AND that he might've been far happier than he is now had he stayed that way.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voltron64 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 am I think his greatest fear is being set back to to his pre-Stormer life as a university student AND that he might've been far happier than he is now had he stayed that way.
Probably not -- he was never that good of a musician.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Firepower

On the one hand, Nathan Collins feels like he has come a long way since the day he first arrived in Freedom City to attend Claremont Academy. After all, he was part of the Precursor Stones quest! And yet he still feels like he's easily overlooked. It's almost like some writer somewhere had introduced him as a member of his current team and then had absolutely no idea what to do with him afterwards ...

Actually, it's exactly like that. Cripes this guy is boring.

Firepower -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 0 | STA 2 | AGL 4 | DEX 5 | FGT 6 | INT 2 | AWE 1 | PRE 1
Powers: Fire Generation (Array: Ranged Damage 13, AP: Ranged Burst Area Damage 8, AP: Perception Area Cumulative Affliction 8 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware], Limited to Visual Senses, AP: Ranged Selective Shapeable Area 2 Damage 5, Concentration Duration), Flame Aura (Selective Reaction Damage 6), Firey Flight (Array: Flight 7, AP: Burrowing 11), Force Field (Sustained Impervious Protection 9), Temperature Resistant (Immunity 10 [fire effects]).
Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Taunt.
Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Deception 8 (+9), Expertise: Science 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat: Fire Generation 4 (+9), Vehicles 4 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +8, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 0, Reaction Damage 6), Fire Blast +9 (Ranged Damage 13), Fireball -- (Ranged Burst Area Damage 8), Fire Flare -- (Perception Area Affliction 8, Resisted by Dodge).
Defense: Dodge 11, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 11/2, Will 8.
Totals: Abilities 42 + Powers 97 + Skills 20 + Advantages 5 + Defenses 17 = 181 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Power Loss (water or lack of oxygen for Fire Generation and Firey Flight). Secret Identity.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Now i don't think Nate's THAT bad(For a PC proxy)....