BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
bsdigitalq

Helregin

Post by bsdigitalq »

HELREGIN (???)
PL 12 (375), PL 14 w/Skills & Fort/Will Saves (375)
STRENGTH
10/3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 12 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 12 (+17)
Expertise: Biology 12 (+24)
Expertise: Business 4 (+16)
Expertise: Current Events 4 (+16)
Expertise: Engineering 8 (+20)
Expertise: History 6 (+18)
Expertise: Science 10 (+22)
Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+16)
Insight 8 (+13)
Intimidation 10 (+15)
Investigation 3 (+15)
Perception 8 (+13)
Persuasion 8 (+13)
Ranged Combat: Hazard Suit 2 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 10 (+22)
Treatment 8 (+20)
Vehicles 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit: Cipher 4, Close Attack, Daze (Deception), Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 11, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Intimidation), Favored Foe: Gods and Cosmic Beings, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 3 (English, German, Greek, Latin, Russian), Last Stand, Leadership, Luck 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Skill Mastery 5 (Deception, Expertise: Biology, Expertise: Science, Intimidation, Technology), Startle, Taunt, Ultimate Effort: Biology, Ultimate Effort: Deception, Ultimate Effort: Science, Ultimate Effort: Technology, Ultimate Effort: Will, Well-informed

Powers:
“Immortality Serum”
Enhanced Trait 8 (Fortitude +6; Diehard, Eidetic Memory) [8]
Immortality 16 [32]
Immunity 8 (Aging, Disease, Fatigue Effects, Poison) [8]
Regeneration 10 (Extra: Regrowth) [11]

“Hazard Suit” (Removable) [96]
“Armor” Protection 5 (Extra: Impervious) [10]
Enhanced Strength 7 [14]
Force Field 7 (Extras: Impervious 12, Withstand Damage) [20]
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]
“Sensors” Senses 11 (Accurate, Analytical Biological Sense, Analytical Chemical Sense, Danger Sense, Extended Vision, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 3, Radio) [11]

“Magic Energy Siphon” Weaken Magical Powers and Traits 10 (Resisted by Will) (Extras: Broad, Concentration, Increased Range, Simultaneous) (50) – (55)
  • AE: “Bio-Disruptor” Affliction 12 (Dazed, Stunned, Paralyzed, Resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Concentration, Cumulative, Increased Range, Split) (49)
  • AE: “Hand Blasters” Blast 13 (Extras: Penetrating 6, Split) (33)
  • AE: “Rapid Fire Blasts” Blast 9 (Extras: Accurate, Multiattack) (28)
  • AE: “Energy Beam” Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 15x30 ft. Line +2) (30)
  • AE: “Shock Field” Affliction 12 (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated, Resisted by Fortitude) (Extra: Reaction) (48)

Equipment:

“Helregin's Laboratory” (Huge, Toughness 14, Communications, Computer, Concealed 3, Defense System, Garage, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 3, Workshop) [5]

“Various Equipment, Vehicles, Weapons, Minions, and Gear” 30 [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Bio-Disruptor +10 (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Blaster +10 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Rapid Fire +12 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Beam (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Shock Field +8 (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Siphon +10 (+10 Effect, DC 20)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +5 (+10 w/Suit, +17 w/Force Field), Fortitude +12, Will +16

Complications:

Enemy (Adam Asklepiades)- The enigmatic scarred man has some form of past history with Helregin and a deep, seething hatred of him. Adam
relentlessly seeks Helregin out, intent on forcing some form of final confrontation with his old associate.

Enemy (Hera)- Ever since their first team up ended with Helregin stealing Hera's divine power and humiliated her in the process, Hera has been hellbent on revenge against him.

Enemies (Tarot Members)- Helregin has made many enemies in the Tarot simply by being a member of the secretive council of megavillains, but the subsequent humiliation of those villains who bet against him during the wager to defeat Thunder Woman has only earned him even more enmity.

Identity- Helregin keeps his true identity a closely guarded secret, for reasons he won't reveal.

Motivation (Conquer Death and Suffering)- Ever since he witnessed the torturous death of his mother to tuberculosis as a young boy, Helregin has vowed to find a way to bring a permanent end to death and suffering in humanity. That he often causes great suffering in his research will, in his eyes, be counterbalanced by all the lives spared by his accomplishments.

Motivation (Power)- While not a particularly power-hungry individual, Helregin does appreciate the pursuit of it as a means to an end. In his case, it's to insure he has the resources and freedom to pursue his goals and plans without interference or material limitation.

Relationship (Ranke)- While initially she was little more than a test subject with usefulness to Helregin, over time the transformed Katrina Becker has grown into a loyal confidant and lieutenant to him, the closest thing he has had to a friend and companion for decades. It may be even possible that Helregin loves her.

Relationship (Thunder Woman)- The dynamic between Thunder Woman and one of her most prominent and frequent adversaries is certainly an odd one. Initially just a very tough and difficult opponent with no other meaningful aspect to his rivalry with her beyond his cunning and
intimidating persona, Helregin jumped up in the ranks of Thunder Woman's rogues gallery when he took one of her best friends and turned her into the entity Ranke, in the process learning Thunder Woman's identity. This added a personal edge to their conflicts, but Helregin has also been an occasional ally to Thunder Woman at some of her lowest points, and has a great deal of respect for her, even if he won't admit it. He even helped her break out of Ultramax after giving her the information she would need to maintain her innocence and stop the joint plans of Apotheos and Miranda Iryn to attack Olympus.

Responsibility (Will of Thesiger)- One of the few friends Helregin has ever had was the early 20th Century mad scientist Dr. Thesiger, one of the founders and leaders of the Black Council, the very first supervillain team and frequent adversaries of Algernon Xidorn's Fraternity of Philosophic Gentlemen. When Thesiger passed away, Helregin was one of the few to mourn his passing. Now, he is in possession of Thesiger's will and final wishes...and is determined to accomplish his long dead friend's posthumous requests.

Responsibility (Business)- To pursue his goals, Helregin needs a laboratory and resources to help it run. These things do not come free, and so Helregin offers his services to criminals, supervillains, and whoever else is willing to hire him.

Responsibility (Ego)- Helregin calls himself the "God of Science." Safe to stay he's a very humble person.

Rivalry (Technomancer)- Helregin is not the only game in town when it comes to supplying the gangs and villains with weapons and enhancements, and Helregin has to frequently compete with the Technomancer for business,

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 124--62 / Advantages: 56 / Powers: 155 / Defenses: 16 (375)

Out of all of her most significant enemies and rivalries, for Thunder Woman two stand above the rest: Hera, the mad goddess responsible for her creation and the creation of most of Samantha's rogues gallery, and Helregin, the self-proclaimed "God of Science."

Helregin is a criminal supergenius, a master of biology and technology with a career that has been active long before he ever encountered Thunder Woman. He has stated that his ultimate goal is to extend life and end suffering, the same suffering he claims his mother experienced when he was but a child. He believes that the key to unlocking the riddle of life and death lies within the thunderbolt, and it has been his life's mission to unlock its secrets. But until he does, he has lent his considerable skills and knowledge in the service of others over the past century, including even Stalin, but it is most recent efforts in Newport that drew him into conflict with Thunder Woman, when he was hired by Alexsei Mikkailov to provide the Newport Bratva with a way to stop the heroine's interference in their activities. The initial battles were impersonal, but as he learned more about her Helregin has become convinced that Thunder Woman contains the secret of the thunderbolt he has been obsessed with. At the same time, his kidnapping of Samantha's best friend Katrina Becker and turning her into his own personal lieutenant in the form of Ranke added a personal edge to their rivalry. Thunder Woman won't stop until she can get Helregin to restore her best friend, and Helregin won't stop until he has taken the divine power from her body so he can study it and fulfill his lifelong ambition.
Jabroniville

Re: Dominus

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:39 am DOMINUS
Okay- FINALLY getting around to reading this. I had it open on my phone when I was at work, but then went home and forgot about it, because it already read "read". Then I had to go to sleep when I realized my mistake, and then I had to go to work as soon as I woke up, and I couldn't formulate a reply there.

His skills cry out "Space Conqueror", obviously. Huge Intimidation score. Advantages are pretty well-rounded.

The statline cries out "Darkseid", though at PL 13, he's only a fairly solid upgrade over Thunder Woman, rather than a destroyer of worlds. It's interesting that he's doing +17 damage at times, which means his accuracy is quite low- more of a brute than an accurate fighter.

"Racist Space Lord" is a solid thing, and his race's diminishment reminds me of Invincible and the Viltrumites. His relationship with Apextra reminds me of Avatar and Azula.

Do The Shale pop up in any TW stories?

General Dulak strikes me as an interesting character- an arch-villain of sorts, but with his sights set on the main bad guy.

My only issue is the name "Dominus", which comes off as pretty typical. But I struggle with that, too- all of my Space Conqueror Names are stuff like "Tyrannus" or "Star-Master" or something like that :).
Jabroniville

Re: Helregin

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:14 am Image

HELREGIN (???)
Okay, I see from the statline that he's a Super-Genius Omni-Scientist. With more Streetwise & Deception than is ever normal on those types, so he stands out.

I like that he's more of a low-level Powersuit guy instead of a straight-up Death Machine- the lower power setting makes him stand out a bit.

The backstory reminds me of how much Thunder Woman seems to struggle for someone so powerful- you don't see a lot of people that mighty who lose so many fights, or need help so often. I'd forgotten about this guy, so I was surprised to see him being so important to her Rogues (top two, in fact). I kind of like the quasi "Doctor Doom With Humanity's Fate at Heart" nature of his being, as it makes him more than a mustache-twirler.
bsdigitalq

Re: Dominus

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 amThe statline cries out "Darkseid", though at PL 13, he's only a fairly solid upgrade over Thunder Woman, rather than a destroyer of worlds. It's interesting that he's doing +17 damage at times, which means his accuracy is quite low- more of a brute than an accurate fighter.
That's all his ranged attacks though. In melee, he's the better fighter, being both more accurate and damaging, plus had loads more combat advantages than she does. While he's no "destroyer of worlds" type, he's probably one of her toughest opponents this side of The Harbinger, and absolutely someone who would require a boat load of hero points for TW to take down.
Do The Shale pop up in any TW stories?
Mainly in stuff based around Dominus. Technically, the Shale and Pallen are the same race.
General Dulak strikes me as an interesting character- an arch-villain of sorts, but with his sights set on the main bad guy.
Oh yeah, he'll be interesting to work on once I get around to doing the minions of Dominus. Heck, he's essentially the face of Dominus' forces before TW ever becomes aware of Dominus, and so is her initial opponent in those events before Dominus decides to introduce himself.
My only issue is the name "Dominus", which comes off as pretty typical. But I struggle with that, too- all of my Space Conqueror Names are stuff like "Tyrannus" or "Star-Master" or something like that :).
I chose Dominus because, while it is a fairly on-the-nose name, it's also surprisingly underutilized- the only character I can recall who used that name was a forgettable Superman villain from the late 90's/early 00's.
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 pmOkay, I see from the statline that he's a Super-Genius Omni-Scientist. With more Streetwise & Deception than is ever normal on those types, so he stands out.
Which is what makes him a particularly nefarious opponent. He's a lot like Xanatos in a way, even though he doesn't go for the super-complicated plots like Xanatos does and is more "cranky and intimidating" than "smooth and suave".
I like that he's more of a low-level Powersuit guy instead of a straight-up Death Machine- the lower power setting makes him stand out a bit.
Just an example of how his threat lies not in combat, but in his planning.
I'd forgotten about this guy, so I was surprised to see him being so important to her Rogues (top two, in fact).
Helregin is essentially TW's Green Goblin, in that he's this sort of guy who doesn't interact too often with her greater rogues gallery (although he does have links to Hera and Alexsei Mikhailov), but is a constant, recurring menace for her with a personal edge due to taking someone important away from her. Part of the reason I put him in the top two alongside Hera is because I have loads of story ideas involving him, moreso than any other TW villain besides Hera.
I kind of like the quasi "Doctor Doom With Humanity's Fate at Heart" nature of his being, as it makes him more than a mustache-twirler.
All part of the "villain is the hero of his own story" thinking. And while he does some truly despicable things, he balances that out by being this quasi-humanitarian type whose mission can be regarded as very noble and little more than an extreme version of what many doctors and medical researchers already do. Yet another reason why I weigh him as being more significant than most of the rest of TW's rogues.
bsdigitalq

Hera

Post by bsdigitalq »

HERA (ON EARTH)
PL 12 (345)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 3
DEXTERITY 4 FIGHTING 8
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 8 (+13)
Expertise: History 4 (+9)
Expertise: Magic 12 (+17)
Expertise: Queen of the Gods 10 (+15)
Insight 4 (+9),
Intimidation 6 (+11)
Investigation 5 (+10)
Perception 5 (+10),
Persuasion 4 (+9)
Ranged Combat: Magical Powers 2 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Artificer, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Status 6: Queen of the Gods, Daze (Deception), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Persuasion), Great Endurance, Improved Smash, Jack-of-all-trades, Last Stand, Luck, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Queen of the Gods, Startle, Taunt, Trance, Well-informed

Powers:
Comprehend 4 (Languages- Read All, Speak All, Understand All, You're Understood) [8]
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]
Immunity 12 (Aging, Disease, Heat, Cold, Vacuum, Fatigue Effects, Poison, Starvation & Thirst) [12]
Immunity 3 (Pressure, Suffocation) (Flaw: Limited- Half Effect) [2]
Impervious Toughness 11 [11]
Leaping 2 (30 ft) [2]
Power-Lifting 3 (800 tons) [3]
Regeneration 4 (Extra: Regrowth) [5]
Shapeshift 4 [32]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

“Retained Magical Powers”
“Animate Objects” Summon 5 (Extras: Horde, Increased Range 2, Multiple Minions 3: 8 minions) (Flaw: Limited to Available Objects) (50) – [78]
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 11 (Extras: Accurate, Multiattack, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (36)
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 14 (Extras: Penetrating 8, Split, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (39)
  • Dynamic AE: Deflect 13 (Extras: Redirection, Reflect) (39)
  • Dynamic AE: Flight +5 (2000 mph) (Extra: Stacks with Flight 5) (10)
  • Dynamic AE: Force Field 5 (Extra: Impervious) (10)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion 12 (Affects Vision & Hearing) (Extra: Area) (48)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Reading 14 (Extra: Subtle) (Flaw: Reduced Range 2) (8)
  • Dynamic AE: “Psychokinesis” Move Object 12 (3200 tons) (Extras: Increased Mass 5, Increased Range) (41)
  • Dynamic AE: Remote Sensing 12 (Visual & Auditory; 16 miles) (36)
  • Dynamic AE: Shapeshift +6 (Extra: Stacks with Shapeshift 4) (48)
  • Dynamic AE: Snare 12 (Extras: Accurate, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (39)
  • AE: Concealment 10 (All Visual Senses) (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30 ft. Burst) (40)
  • AE: Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 60 ft. Cone, Penetrating 6, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (32)
  • AE: Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 5x30 ft. Line, Penetrating 6, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (32)
  • AE: Mind Control 10 (Area- 30 ft. Burst, Selective, Subtle) (41)
  • AE: “Repelling Burst” Move Object 12 (100 tons) (Extras: Area- 30 ft. Burst, Damaging) (Flaws: Limited Direction: Away, Reduced Range) (24)
  • AE: Teleport 10 (4 miles carrying 50 lbs) (Extras: Accurate, Extended: 1000 miles) (40)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Blast 11 +12 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Blast 14 +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Area Attacks (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Mind Control (+10 Effect, DC 20)
Mind Reading +8 (+14 Effect, DC 24)
Snare +12 (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +11 (+16 w/Force Field or Shapeshift), Fortitude +11, Will +11

Complications:

Enemy (Tiamat)- Originally a part of Hera's planned "Heratheon" plot to overthrow the Olympian Dodekatheon, the entity known in Greek Mythology as Echidna but also called Tiamat was used by Hera as a scapegoat after her plans were unraveled by the intervention of Samantha West. Ever since, Tiamat has been hellbent on revenge against Hera for this betrayal.

Hatred (Helregin)- In an early plot against Thunder Woman, Hera attempted to manipulate and use Helregin as a pawn while pretending to partner up with him. He wasn't fooled, and played along with her scheme until she was ready to throw him under the bus...at which point he pulled his own betrayal, stole her divine powers, and promptly humiliated her. Hera very much desires to get back at Helregin for this stunt.

Hatred (Herakles)- Hera's eternal hatred of the demigod born of Zeus' infidelity continues, and is boosted by Herakles' alliance with Thunder Woman, along with Herakles embracing his name as a "take that" to her, since Hera was inadvertently responsible for some of his divine strength.

Hatred (Thunder Woman)- Hera reserves a special kind of enmity for Samantha West, as it was her unexpected arrival in Olympus that kickstarted the series of events that lead to the unraveling of Hera's coup. Hera has attempted many times to achieve some sort of revenge again Samantha, and every failure has only made her redouble her efforts. Now, any scheme Hera comes up with for achieving her ultimate goals incorporates some form of revenge against Thunder Woman.

Hatred (Zeus)- Paradoxically, as Zeus has gotten better and mellowed over the thousands of years that Olympus has been separated from Earth, Hera has gotten worse. She is extremely bitter and spiteful over his past infidelities and has exaggerated them in her memory, while rejecting every attempt by Zeus to reconcile. This attitude stretches Zeus' newfound patience to its limits.

Limitation (Dimensional Travel)- Traveling between dimensions, even neighboring ones, is an extremely difficult task, and very few entities are capable of doing so under their own power. In order to traverse between Earth and Olympus, Hera must have access to one of the few dimensional tunnels that still links the two dimensions.

Motivation (Olympic Resurgence)- Hera's ultimate goal is to bring Olympus and Earth back into dimensional alignment, merge both realities together, and then rule over the universe at the head of her own pantheon, bringing any and all races to heel, kneeling before her and acknowledging Hera's beauty, power, and wisdom.

Motivation (Retaining Power)- Because of the dimensional separation from Olympus (see Power Loss), Hera is far weaker on Earth than she is in Olympus, and she only has a limited amount of innate power to draw upon to power her spells. When her plans don't involve attacking Thunder Woman or some other hated enemy, Hera is looking for some form of temporary or permanent solution to her predicament. This is one of the reasons why she resorts to proxies and manipulation to attack Thunder Woman most of the time.

Motivation (Revenge)- Hera bears a grudge against a lot of different individuals and deities for slights both real and imagined. She intends on exacting vengeance on every single one of them.

Power Loss (Other Dimensions)- Gods and cosmic, primordial beings frequently derive most of their power from a source within their native dimension, or often the dimension itself. As if traveling between dimensions wasn't already challenging enough, entities making the trip run the risk of weakening or even flat out losing their connection to their source of power, and so enter a new dimension far weaker than before. Hera is subject to this effect, and must be careful about how much of her personal power she expends on Earth. This is why she wants to merge Earth and Olympus together, as it would allow her access to her full might and possibly then some. However, as the Age of Aquarius continues and Earth comes back into alignment with Olympus and other Aetheric dimensions, her power on Earth will increase.

Relationship (Hephaestsus)- Out of all the Olympian deities, one of the few that Hera still retains a semi-positive relationship with is Hephaestus. Hephaestus is extremely loyal to Hera, especially due to her promising him Aphrodite's eternal love (whether she likes it or not) and a chance for Hephaestus to get back at Ares. As for Hera herself, she find Hephaestus more useful than anything else, not something she loves. And yet, deep down in her heart, she may actually feel something like motherly love for him, even though she will never admit to or acknowledge it.

Reputation (Bad to the Bone)- Hera's always been a bit petty and vindictive, but before that was par for the course with most Olympians. Now, over the millennia of time separating the alignment of Olympus with Earth, Hera has only grown worse.

Reputation (Condescending)- Hera considers all other beings and races inferior to her, true or not. Th entire point of creating her own pantheon and taking over Earth is so she can lord her superiority over all living beings. She even treats the other Olympian deities with contempt, and never truly regards someone or something as being on her level, though she may feign it from time to time. This attitude means she frequently underestimates her opponents, as there are few entities that she is truly afraid of or knows are far greater than her. It has repeatedly bit her in the butt, such as with Thunder Woman and Helregin.

Responsibility (Ego/Vanity)- Hera's condescension of all other beings lies within her enormously inflated ego, and her entire master plan essentially exists to validate her personal delusion about her beauty, grandeur, and superiority. There is no other being she truly regards as an equal, though she is not so stupid as to think there are none that could pose a threat to her plans. This is a major reason for why she hates Thunder Woman and Helregin so much, and her revenge is a way for her to re-validate her own ego and perception of superiority.

Responsibility (Queen of the Gods)- Spiteful and condescending though she may be, Hera is still the Queen of the Gods (for now).

Total: Abilities: 106 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 31 / Powers: 165 / Defenses: 11 (345)
HERA, FULL POWER
PL 17 (647)
STRENGTH
18 STAMINA 18 AGILITY 3
DEXTERITY 4 FIGHTING 8
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
Deception 10 (+16)
Expertise: History 8 (+14)
Expertise: Magic 12 (+18)
Expertise: Queen of the Gods 10 (+16)
Insight 6 (+12)
Intimidation 10 (+16)
Investigation 6 (+12)
Perception 6 (+12)
Persuasion 6 (+12)
Ranged Combat: Divine Power 3 (+7)
Stealth 5 (+8)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Artificer, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5: Queen of the Gods, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Deception), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Jack-of-all-trades, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Ritualist, Startle, Taunt, Trance, Well-informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Higher Aetheric Entity”
"Universal Translation" Comprehend 4 (Languages- Read All, Speak All, Understand All, You're Understood) [8]
Feature 1 (May spend 2 hero points to double area effects) [1]
Flight 15 (64000 mph) [30]
Immortality 16 (1 minute) [32]
Immunity 17 (Aging, Fatigue Effects, Life Support, Sleep) [17]
Immunity 2 (Proximity to Stars, Black Holes, and Rifts) [2]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Limited- Half Effect) [10]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]
Power-Lifting 7 (800,000 tons) [7]
Quickness 10 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Tasks) [5]
Senses 6 (Acute, Analytical, Counters Illusion, Ranged Detect Magic) [6]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [4]

“Divine Magical Might”
Force Field 6 (Impervious 24) [30]
“Shape Shifting” Variable 10 (Increased Action, Increased Duration) [90]

“Divine Power”
Variable 20 (140) – [161]
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 22 (Extras: Extended Range 8, Indirect, Penetrating 18, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magic) (73)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 120 ft. Burst +3, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magic) (70)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 17 (Extras: Area- 5x250 ft. Line +4, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magic) (87)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion 14 (Affects All Sense Types) (70)
  • Dynamic AE: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal) (Extra: Subtle 2) (22)
  • Dynamic AE: “Telepathy” Mental Communication 5 (Extra: Area) linked to Mind Reading 16 (Extra: Effortless) (73)
  • AE: “Mental Manipulation” Affliction 16 (Dazed, Compelled, Transformed, Resisted by Will) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range 2) (64)
  • AE: Healing 15 (Extras: Increased Range, Resurrection) (60)
  • AE: Mind Control 16 (Extra: Increased Range 2) (64)
  • AE: Mind Control 16 (Extra: Area- 60 ft. Burst +2) (64)
  • AE: Nullify Magical Effects 15 (Extras: Broad, Increased Range, Simultaneous) (60)
  • AE: “Psychokinesis” Move Object 17 (25 million tons) (Extras: Increased Mass 13, Increased Range) (64)
  • AE: Remote Sensing 25 (Visual & Auditory; 125,000 miles) (Extra: Subtle) (76)
  • AE: Teleport 17 (500 miles carrying 6 tons) (Extras: Accurate, Extended: 125,000 miles, Increased Mass 8) (76)
  • AE: Transform 12 (12,000 tons; Anything to Anything) (Extras: Extended Range 3, Increased Duration, Increased Mass 13, Increased Range) (100)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Afflictions (+16 Effect, DC 26)
Blast 22 +10 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Area Attacks (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Nullify (+15 Effect, DC 25)
Transform +10 (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +18 (+24 w/Force Field or Shapeshift), Fortitude +20, Will +14

Total: Abilities: 138 / Skills: 82--41 / Advantages: 31 / Powers: 418 / Defenses: 19 (647)
Hera is the wife of Zeus and Queen of the Dodekatheon. While time has tempered some of the more extreme traits of the Hellenistic deities, in Hera's case it's only amplified them. And when Samantha arrived at just the right time to completely undo Hera's plan to overthrow and replace the Dodekatheon with her own "Heratheon" and then return to Earth to bring it to heel, she declared the hapless human enemy number one. The subsequent onslaught of attacks and schemes by Hera is what caused Samantha to become Thunder Woman in the first place, and the mad goddess is also responsible for multiple members of Thunder Woman's rogues gallery. Even Apotheos, Helregin, Miranda Iryn, and Nemo Oudeis' presence as some of TW's greatest enemies are all indirect consequences of various actions by Hera. What's worse is that the only reason Hera resorts to the schemes and minions she uses is because of the potential response against her by the rest of the Dodekatheon, as well as her own weakness while on Earth; should she become unrestrained and find a way to achieve the full scale of her personal power on Earth, her divine might would render her one of the greatest threats Earth has ever seen.
Last edited by bsdigitalq on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Hera

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:13 pm Image

HERA (ON EARTH)
PL 12 (345)

First off- that design? homina homina homina

VERY nice, and really declares just which goddess she is (but only if you're a mythology buff, like me).
STRENGTH[/b] 12 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 3
DEXTERITY 4 FIGHTING 8
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5
Impressive statline, too. High Mental Stats are a must for a mega-mega-villain, but those guy PHYSICAL stats are quite frightening, too. Most people make Hera a largely non-combatant compared to her husband, so this is quite impressive.

The Powers are quite basic, but high, to start with, but it's that MAGIC that's really an eye-opener. Blasting, Deflecting, Illusions, Mental Stuff- she's basically Evil Doctor Strange merged with Evil Mega-Woman, stats-wise.

I notice the "Repelling Burst" showing up a handful of times- is that a basic thing a lot of your upper-tiers can pull off? I only notice it because it's a power I've never used, but perhaps should- a very "Magneto/Doom" kind of thing- "AWAY, LACKEYS!"

Her full Power Level is incredible- she's the equivalent of how I stat out Marvel's Highfathers!

The cost of your baddies continues to astonish. They're REALLY mighty, with a huge breadth of capabilities. No wonder you say they're so tough to build :)!

Her character is fun, as always. Someone who gets so routinely humiliated and defeated in the myths is perfect for a "Mega-Villain" upgrade, though she's often shown to be even more villainous in fiction, owing to her biggest claim to fame being trying to murder Herakles all the time. The frequent humiliations kind of "justify" her attitude, and make her a really fun character to play with. She actually outstrips the rest of the Greek Pantheon as a villain in many ways, though Ares & Hades usually end up taking that role in modern stories.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 am Her character is fun, as always. Someone who gets so routinely humiliated and defeated in the myths is perfect for a "Mega-Villain" upgrade, though she's often shown to be even more villainous in fiction, owing to her biggest claim to fame being trying to murder Herakles all the time. The frequent humiliations kind of "justify" her attitude, and make her a really fun character to play with. She actually outstrips the rest of the Greek Pantheon as a villain in many ways, though Ares & Hades usually end up taking that role in modern stories.
Nice stuff, BSDQ.

I agree about Hera, Jab. Marvel made her the main villain in the Incredible Herc for a while, and she got some decent run in Wonder Woman, too, but I like this version better where she is really GODLIKE and shows why someone like Zeus would pick her for his eternal mate. She's powerful enough that he should be a little scared, like all us of husbands are a bit scared of our wives. :shock: ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:03 amFirst off- that design? homina homina homina
lol! What's funny is that I didn't even really conceive or intentionally go for her being "sexy," but I can see where folks may like her. I could see some pinup artists getting inspired and taking to her.
VERY nice, and really declares just which goddess she is (but only if you're a mythology buff, like me).
Yeah, I always felt like most depictions of Hera tend to be a bit...generic. Like, most other Greek goddesses get defining visual cues, while Hera becomes the "generic" goddess. The one exception, and the one that inspired this take on her, is the one from the Azzarello Wonder Woman run.
Impressive statline, too. High Mental Stats are a must for a mega-mega-villain, but those guy PHYSICAL stats are quite frightening, too. Most people make Hera a largely non-combatant compared to her husband, so this is quite impressive.
Yeah, I didn't want her to fall into the same trap as Loki, where Thor beats him with brute strength most of the time. No glass cannon, this lady.
I notice the "Repelling Burst" showing up a handful of times- is that a basic thing a lot of your upper-tiers can pull off? I only notice it because it's a power I've never used, but perhaps should- a very "Magneto/Doom" kind of thing- "AWAY, LACKEYS!"
I've just noticed that a lot of "burst" style attacks tend to seem like a mixture of a move object effect, blasting away everything in a given radius, while also damaging everything in the wake. The "Repelling Burst" is my way of modeling that sort of effect, as Burst Area Damage doesn't quite cut it for me.
Her full Power Level is incredible- she's the equivalent of how I stat out Marvel's Highfathers!
Wait til you see the major big boys of the Greek and Slavic pantheons. ;)
Her character is fun, as always. Someone who gets so routinely humiliated and defeated in the myths is perfect for a "Mega-Villain" upgrade, though she's often shown to be even more villainous in fiction, owing to her biggest claim to fame being trying to murder Herakles all the time. The frequent humiliations kind of "justify" her attitude, and make her a really fun character to play with. She actually outstrips the rest of the Greek Pantheon as a villain in many ways, though Ares & Hades usually end up taking that role in modern stories.
Bingo. I based a lot of her character here on Cersi Lannister from "Game of Thrones," to the point where if there was ever an animated TW series, I'd have Lena Headey provide the voice for her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoCh-POMNIg
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:33 amNice stuff, BSDQ.
Thanks dude! :D
I agree about Hera, Jab. Marvel made her the main villain in the Incredible Herc for a while, and she got some decent run in Wonder Woman, too, but I like this version better where she is really GODLIKE and shows why someone like Zeus would pick her for his eternal mate. She's powerful enough that he should be a little scared, like all us of husbands are a bit scared of our wives. :shock: ;)
Thanks again dude. Yeah, most versions tend to sell her short, so because of that and the fact that she's TW's primary nemesis, she had to be pretty damn powerful and scary. But it's balanced out by a variety of story and plot complications, so she doesn't simply overwhelm TW and make her victories lack credibility.
Jabroniville

Re: BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I could see some Azzarello vibe to this Hera, as they both use the "Peacock" motif, owing to one of her sacred animals.

While she isn't quite the sexpot of an "Aphrodite" or something, it's a cleavage-baring belly-shirt that also shows off her legs. She's an attractive lady wearing a skimpy uniform :).

I didn't pick up the Cersei thing until you mentioned it, but yeah, that's kind of it. Even just watching the first season, I found her the most interesting character- much more so than "Generic Ingenue Daenerys" and "Blank-Faced, Mopey Jon Snow", or even "Terrible Insight Check Boromir". There's this kind of... beautiful terror to a self-assured woman with a combination of power and horrible self-esteem.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat extra drawings there, too. While not as Fanservicey as some of the other characters, Hera's pretty hot- Evil Bitch Queen characters are way in my wheelhouse :).
bsdigitalq

The Infernal Empress

Post by bsdigitalq »

THE INFERNAL EMPRESS (AVATAR)
PL 20 (706)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 20 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 9 AWARENESS 9 PRESENCE 7

Skills:
Deception 12 (+19)
Expertise: Infernal Realms 15 (+24)
Expertise: Magic 5 (+14)
Expertise: Primordial Lore 10 (+19)
Insight 8 (+17)
Intimidation 12 (+19)
Investigation 6 (+15)
Perception 6 (+15)
Persuasion 10 (+17)
Technology 4 (+13)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Artificer, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Status 8: Avatar of the Infernal Empress, Daze (Deception), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fascinate (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4: Power of the Empress, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Instant Up, Jack-of-all-trades, Last Stand, Leadership, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 11, Redirect, Ritualist, Set-up, Startle, Takedown, Trance, Well-informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Aspects of the Empress”
Concealment 10 (All Senses) (Flaw: Limited to non-magical/cosmic senses) [10]
Immortality 16 (1 minute) (Flaw: Limited- Not if killed by Magical/Cosmic Means) [16]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal) (Extra: Subtle 2) [22]
Power-Lifting 5 (800,000 tons) [5]

“Variable Size and Form”
Morph 3 (Broad group- Animals & Humanoids) [15]
Shapeshift 5 [40]

“Universal Force”
Comprehend 4 (Languages- Read All, Speak All, Understand All, You're Understood) [8]
Flight 15 (64000 mph) [30]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Flaw: Limited- Half Effect) [10]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Space) [2]
Movement 6 (Dimensional 3, Space Travel 3) (Extra: Instantaneous) [18]
Senses 6 (Acute, Analytical, Counters Illusion, Ranged Detect Energy/Magic) [6]
Senses 9 (Analytical, Extended Vision 8) [9]

“Power of the Empress”
Variable 22 (154) – [194]
  • Dynamic AE: “Transform Subject” Affliction 20 (Dazed, Stunned, Physically Transformed; Resisted by Will) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range 2, Precise, Subtle 2, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (85)
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 20 (Extras: Increased Range, Penetrating 10, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (72)
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 24 (Extras: Extended Range 6, Penetrating 15, Variable Descriptor 2:- Any Magical) (71)
  • Dynamic AE: “Conjure” Create 20 (Extras: Increased Duration, Increased Range, Innate, Precise, Subtle)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 20 (Extras: Area- 120 ft. Burst +3, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magic) (82)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 20 (Extras: Area- 250 ft. Cone +3, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magic) (82)
  • Dynamic AE: Damage 20 (Extras: Area- 5x120 ft. Line +3, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magic) (82)
  • Dynamic AE: Force Field 8 (Extra: Impervious 20) (28)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion 16 (Affects All Sense Types) (Extras: Area- 125000 cft., Selective) (112)
  • Dynamic AE: “Telepathy” Mental Communication 5 (Extra: Area) linked to Mind Reading 18 (Extra: Effortless) (79)
  • Dynamic AE: “Mental Manipulation” Affliction 18 (Dazed, Compelled, Mind Transformed, Resisted by Will) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range 2) (72)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 18 (Extra: Increased Range 2) (72)
  • Dynamic AE: “Psychokinesis” Move Object 20 (50 million tons) (Extras: Increased Mass 11, Increased Range) (71)
  • Dynamic AE: Nullify Magical/Energy/Cosmic Effects 20 (Extras: Broad, Increased Range, Simultaneous) (80)
  • Dynamic AE: Remote Sensing 25 (Visual & Auditory; 125,000 miles) (Extras: Simultaneous, Subtle 2) (102)
  • Dynamic AE: Shapeshift +7 (Extra: Stacks with Shapeshift 5) (56)
  • Dynamic AE: Teleport 20 (4000 miles carrying 25,000 tons) (Extras: Accurate, Attack+self, Extended: 1 million miles, Increased Mass 20, Subtle 2) (123)
  • Dynamic AE: Transform 18 (100 tons; Anything to Anything) (Extras: Increased Duration, Increased Range 2) (144)
  • AE: Summon 12 (Extras: Heroic, Horde, Multiple Minions 2- 4, Broad Type- Demons and Infernal Creatures) (132)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Transform Subject/Nullify/Move Object (+20 Effect, DC 30)
Area Afflictions (+18 Effect, DC 28)
Area Attacks (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Blast 24, +16 (+24 Damage, DC 39)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +20 (+28 w/Force Field or Shapeshift), Fortitude Immune, Will +16

Total: Abilities: 166 / Skills: 88--44 / Advantages: 55 / Powers: 423 / Defenses: 18 (706)

--------------------------------

THE INFERNAL EMPRESS (FULL ASPECT)
PL 35 (4747)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 25 AWARENESS 12 PRESENCE 10

Skills:
Deception 12 (+22)
Expertise: Infernal Realms 15 (+40)
Expertise: Magic 5 (+30)
Expertise: Primordial Lore 10 (+35)
Insight 10 (+22)
Intimidation 12 (+32)
Investigation 10 (+35)
Perception 12 (+24)
Persuasion 10 (+20)
Technology 8 (+33)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Artificer, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Status 20: Ruler of the Infernal Realms, Daze (Deception), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fascinate (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4: Power of the Empress, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Instant Up, Jack-of-all-trades, Last Stand, Leadership, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 11, Redirect, Ritualist, Set-up, Startle, Takedown, Trance, Well-informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Primordial Entity”
Immortality 16 (1 minute) [32]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Flaw: Limited- Half Effect) [10]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal) (Extra: Subtle 2) [22]
Power-Lifting 16 (1.6 billion tons) [16]
Protection 15 (Extra: Impervious 30) [45]
Regeneration 20 (Extra: Regrowth) [21]

“Variable Size and Form”
Elongation 5 [5]
Growth 20 (+20 STR, +20 Toughness +20 mass, +10 Intimidate, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -20 Stealth) (Extra: Innate) [41]
Increased Mass 10 [10]
Morph 4 (Any Form) [20]
Shapeshift 5 [40]

“Primordial Force”
Flight 20 (2 million mph) (40) – [41]
  • AE: Speed 20 (2 million mph) (20)
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation 2- Infernal Realms, Space) [4]
Movement 6 (Dimensional 3, Space Travel 3) (Extra: Instantaneous) [18]
Quickness 20 [20]
Remote Sensing 30 (Visual & Auditory; 4 million miles) (Extra: Simultaneous) (Flaw: Limited to within the Infernal Realms) [120]
Senses 6 (Acute, Analytical, Counters Illusion, Ranged Detect Energy/Magic) [6]
Senses 13 (Analytical, Extended Vision 8, Microscopic Vision 4) [13]

“Complete Control of the Infernal Realms” Transform 35 (2 trillion tons; Anything to Anything) (Extras: Increased Duration, Increased Mass 21, Increased Range 2) (Flaw: Limited to within the Infernal Realms) [266]

“Primordial Power”
Damage 35 (Extras: Area- 2 trillion x 4 trillion mile Line +102, Penetrating 20, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (3,627) – [3,671]
  • Dynamic AE: “Remove Powers” Affliction 35 (Powers, Impaired, Powers Disabled, Transformed to Powerless, Resisted by Fortitude) (Extra: Increased Range 2) (105)
  • Dynamic AE: “All Reaching Blast” Damage 35 (Extras: Increased Range 2, Indirect, Penetrating 20, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (128)
  • Dynamic AE: Blast 54 (Extras: Extended Range 20, Indirect 4, Penetrating 20, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (154)
  • Dynamic AE: “Annihilation” Damage 35 (Extras: Increased Range 2, Incurable, Penetrating 35) linked to Weaken All Stats 35 (Extras: Broad, Increased Range 2, Incurable, Progressive, Simultaneous) (387)
  • Dynamic AE: Mental Communication 5 (Extra: Area, Cosmic, Subtle 2, Selective) (32)
  • Dynamic AE: Concealment 10 (All Senses) (Extras: Affects Others, Increased Range 2) (50)
  • Dynamic AE: Force Field 20 (Extras: Affects Others Only, Impervious 35) (55)
  • Dynamic AE: Force Field 20 (Extras: Affects Others, Impervious 35, Increased Range 2) (135)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion 30 (Affects All Sense Types) (150)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 35 (Extra: Increased Range 2) (140)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 25 (Extras: Area- 4 trillion mile Burst +51, Selective) (1350)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Reading 30 (Extra: Effortless, Sensory Link, Subtle 2) (122)
  • Dynamic AE: “Sense Minds” Senses 22 (Ranged Detect Minds, Extended 20) (20)
  • AE: “Brainwashing” Affliction 30 (Dazed, Compelled, Transformed, Resisted by Will) (Extras: Increased Range 2, Progressive) (150)
  • AE: “Drain Energy” Affliction 35 (Impaired, Disabled, Powerlesss; Resisted by Will) (Extra: Increased Range 2) (Flaw: Limited to energy powers) (70)
  • AE: “Warp Others” Affliction 30 (Dazed, Stunned, Transformed, Resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Duration 2, Increased Range 2) (180)
  • AE: “Warp Perception” Affliction 30 (Dazed/Vulnerable, Stunned/Defenseless, Incapacitated, Resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Area- 4 trillion mile Burst +51, Extra Condition, Selective) (1620)
  • AE: “Conjure” Create 50 (Extras: Increased Duration, Increased Mass 20, Increased Range, Innate, Movable, Precise, Subtle) (273)
  • AE: Damage 35 (Extras: Area- 4 trillion mile Burst +51, Penetrating 20, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (1,842)
  • AE: Damage 35 (Extras: Area- 4 trillion mile Cone +50, Penetrating 20, Variable Descriptor 2- Any Magical) (1807)
  • AE: “Resurrection” Healing 20 (Extras: Area- 60 ft. Burst +2, Energizing, Increased Range 2, Restorative, Resurrection, Selective) (200)
  • AE: “Dimensional Banishment” Movement 30 (Dimensional 2- From the Infernal Realms 2, Space Travel 3) (Extras: Attack: Increased Mass 30- 25 million tons, Increased Range 2) (150)
  • AE: “Psychokinesis” Move Object 35 (2 trillion tons) (Extras: Increased Mass 15, Increased Range) (120)
  • AE: Nullify Existence 35 (Extras: Broad, Increased Range, Simultaneous) (140)
  • AE: Nullify Magic/Energy/Cosmic Powers 35 (Extras: Broad, Increased Range, Simultaneous) (140)
  • AE: Nullify Magic/Energy/Cosmic Powers 54 (Extras: Broad, Extended Range 16, Increased Duration, Simultaneous) (232)
  • AE: “Energy Sense” Senses 26 (Acute, Analytical, Ranged Detect Energy, Extended 20, Tracking 2) (26)
  • AE: “Sense Life” Senses 24 (Ranged Detect Life, Extended 20, Tracking 2) (24)
  • AE: Teleport 20 (4000 miles carrying 25 billion tons) (Extras: Accurate, Easy, Extended: 1 million miles, Increased Mass 40) (140)
  • AE: Teleport 20 (4000 miles carrying 25,000 tons) (Extras: Attack, Extended: 1 million miles, Increased Mass 20, Increased Range 2) (120)
  • AE: “Capable of Nearly Any Effect” Variable 250 (Extra: Action 2) (2250)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Area Attacks (+35 Damage, DC 50)
Area Afflictions 1 (+30 Effect, DC 40)
Area Afflictions 2 (+35 Effect, DC 45)
Area Mind Control (+25 Effect, DC 35)
Teleport Attack (+20 Effect, DC 30)
Blast/Nullify +16 (+54 Damage/Effect, DC 69/64)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +35 (up to +58 w/Force Field and/or Shapeshift), Fortitude Immune, Will +30

Total: Abilities: 120 / Skills: 104--52 / Advantages: 67 / Powers: 4459 / Defenses: 49 (4747)

-------------------------

Complications:

Enemies (The Overseers)- The Overseers of Reality espouse that all of existence belongs to no entity or collective, and that any living being has a duty to tend to the growth and formation of realities and universes. The Infernal Empress' single-handed dominance of a full third of all existence really rubs them the wrong way, and they would like to find some way of deposing her. The only thing that keeps them from doing so is that outright attacking her would severely weaken their ranks, enough that the various manifestations of the Great Malignity would run unchecked and overtake everything.

Enemies/Rivals (The Aetheric Realms/Pantheons)- When things die, the metaphysical remains usually travel either to the Infernal Realms or the Aetheric Realms (the realities where gods and pantheons reside). Thus, the Empress is constantly struggling against the Aetheric Realms and the council of Skyfathers that have formed to oppose her influence.

Enemy (Oudeis)- The living primordial personification of annihilation and nothingness has a special hatred for the Empress, owing to her participation in helping the Overseers weaken the entity before it could become a threat to reality. When it is able to achieve enough of its former strength, it would like to begins it's erasure of all reality at the heart of the Infernal Realms.

Honor- The Infernal Empress will stay faithful to the terms of any agreement made- just be careful of how those terms are phrased and structured. It doesn't help that she is the ultimate Rules Lawyer, although her Avatars are a bit easier to outmaneuver in this regard than the full Empress herself.

Identity- The Infernal Empress, or at least her Avatars, tend to present themselves as some sort of hybrid female demonic trickster analogous to numerous such figures in folklore and mythology. The reality is that the Empress is really some sort of pseudo-Lovecraftian eldritch abomination that exists beyond concepts like gender identity, but she has an image to keep up, so she does her best to conceal this reality as much as possible.

Interest (Thunder Woman)- The Empress, or one of her Avatars anyway, has taken a great deal of interest in Thunder Woman. While her constant hounding of Samantha and bargain making with her and her friends and enemies may seem malicious, the Empress has much greater plans for Thunder Woman, and thinks that this one singular, insignificant speck among the universes might be integral to her overall goals. That Thunder Woman manages to repeatedly thwart her schemes and reject her bargains just drives the Empress nuts, but also makes her that much more interested in Samantha.

Motivation (Dominion Over Everything)- The ultimate goal of the Empress is to secure total control over all of reality, which she currently does by absorbing realities into the Infernal Realms via various Faustian bargains and Machiavellian schemes involving whatever cosmic powers exist in a given universe. One aspect of this is her near monopoly on the afterlife, and she is constantly looking for some way of securing this monopoly against the rival Aetheric Realms.

Motivation (Survival)- While her goal is to take over everything, the source of that goal boils down to a quest for survival on the Empress' part. There are many, many primordial entities that either specifically want her to fall (the Overseers, the Pantheons) or seek to destroy or corrupt all of existence (the Tarnished Ones, Oudeis). Neither of these is an option to her, and everything she does is to ensure that she can eliminate or deflect such threats to her existence and well being.

Relationship (Hades)- As one of the thousands of archdemon lords and cthonic entities that make up the bulk of the Infernal Empress' "managerial staff," Hades is duty bound to serve the Infernal Empress. But he is also loyal to his brother Zeus and fellow Greek deities. The Empress knows this, and likes to play with this dynamic and watch Hades squirm. However, when there is no such conundrum, Hades is one of the Empress' best servants, and she greatly rewards him for it in all sorts of ways, including giving him power commensurate with Zeus.

Relationship (Malphas)- One of the Empress' more minor servitors from the infernal reality Gehenna, Malphas is an ambitious demon lord looking to rise through the ranks. He is doing so by enacting a secret scheme on Earth, hoping that his success will earn him favor with her. He has been partly successful, attracting a bit of curiosity from the Empress' Avatar on Earth. She wants to see how far his plans go, and whether he can pull it off. Even if he doesn't succeed, she may just promote him anyway given his sheer ambition and cleverness.

Relationship (Zeus)- The less said, the better. Though there has been a recent wrinkle, as in order for Herakles to come and help Thunder Woman against the Neohydra, Zeus had to strike a bargain with the Empress to bring him back from death. Though she agreed, she did so only on condition that he be stripped of most of his divine power, and for a particular favor that only Zeus and her are aware of. So far, that condition has not been met, but Zeus' invocation of the bargain or fulfillment could complicate any possible future confrontations.

Weakness ("Purity")- The Infernal Empress (as well as most Primordials) is vulnerable to a force best described as "True" Purity. Not holiness or the stuff traditionally considered anathema to demons and the like, but rather a kind of neutral, alien, annihilative sort of force. It is one of the few things that could flat out kill her.

---------------------------------------------

The Infernal Empress is a hugely powerful primordial entity that often takes the form of a demonic woman. She is one of the oldest beings in all reality and controls the literal center of all existence: the Infernal Realms, a group of realities that encompass all possible hellish, dark, and cthonic realms. As such, she often embodies the elements commonly associated with demons, tricksters, and underworld rulers. Ever since Zeus made a pact with the Empress to resurrect Herakles in order to assist Thunder Woman against the Neohydra and Hera's schemes, she has involved herself more and more frequently with the heroine, tempting Samantha with promises and bargains. Despite this she is not strictly malicious in her dealings with Thunder Woman. In fact, the Infernal Empress seems to be playing at some larger game with Thunder Woman, one that may have consequences that reverberate throughout reality. Whatever it may be, Samantha is weary of her constant struggle to resist the Empress' newest offer or undoing the result of some other bargain made with another person.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Very, VERY nice. An interesting sort of Devil analog, and more interesting than most. I like how there's a lot of mystery behind her motives, and the explanation for how your cosmos works- that's something my 'verse lacks utterly. Her PL is off the chain- greater than any of my builds save The Living Tribunal.

You left off Concealment (Vision) (Flaws: Limited to Nipples), by the way.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:47 amHer PL is off the chain- greater than any of my builds save The Living Tribunal.
Yeah, your builds were useful in me determining her power level, and it just seemed like, as the ruler of a THIRD of all reality, that the Empress would be quite a bit higher than most of the Marvel cosmics. Plus, with me making my gods a few levels higher than the comic versions, she kind of needed to be pretty high up anyway in order to make her superiority over them more credible.
You left off Concealment (Vision) (Flaws: Limited to Nipples), by the way.
lol, yeah, even my original FdH version of her Claw Bustier doesn't quite cover enough to hide those, not unless those nips are super tiny. And then Gilbert made the situation even worse in his illustration. :lol:
bsdigitalq

Miranda Iryn

Post by bsdigitalq »

MIRANDA IRYN
PL 12 (155)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY2
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 8 PRESENCE 8

Skills:
Close Combat: Cane 4 (+6)
Deception 10 (+18)
Expertise: Business 12 (+20)
Expertise: Criminal Underworld 10 (+18)
Expertise: Current Events 8 (+16)
Insight 8 (+16)
Intimidation 8 (+16)
Perception 8 (+16)
Persuasion 12 (+20)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5: Resources, Benefit, Status 5: Matriarch of the Iryn Clan, Benefit, Wealth 5 (Billionare), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fascinate (Persuasion), Fearless, Improved Critical: Cane, Inspire, Leadership, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Skill Mastery 4 (Deception, Expertise: Business, Intimidation, Persuasion), Taunt, Ultimate Effort: Will, Well-informed

Equipment:
“Cane” Strength-based Damage 1
“Protective Undershirt” Protection 2 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Cane +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +3, Fortitude +8, Will +16

Complications:

Enemy (The Public Eye)- If there is one person that Miranda can conceive of as enemy number one, it is the elusive and enigmatic "information vigilante" known as the Public Eye and his (or her?) legion of copycat followers. Because of the Public Eye's absolute obsession with uncovering the truth and putting it out there for all to see, he represents the greatest potential threat to Miranda's power, and often the only way she can hold him off is by distracting him with an even more tempting secret.

Motivation (Immortality & Eternal Youth)- Miranda literally has all the money she could ever want, as is as powerful as any human could ever be without becoming a dictator of the world. But she is now an old woman, and her halcyon days of youth and beauty are far behind her now. She longs nostalgically for those times, and seeks some way of regaining her youth and living forever.

Motivation (Revenge)- For all of her power, Miranda is not above her own pettiness. Part of her reasoning for so obsessively going after Thunder Woman, besides making sure the heroine couldn't possibly be in a position to thwart her plans with Apotheos and the United States government to invade Olympus, is just simple revenge: for all the trouble she made for Derek Duvall, and for rejecting Miranda's initial offer to join her and then thwarting Miranda's attempts to manipulate and strongarm Thunder Woman into serving her regardless. That Thunder Woman was so successful at resisting her frustrated Miranda like few other things have.

Relationship (Apotheos)- Miranda is a recent associate of the immortal Lord Conrad Solomon. Solomon has promised her the immortality and youth she craves, while offering her the chance to become a goddess in the new pantheon he seeks to create. Possibly even Queen of the Gods.

Relationship (Armitage Family)- The storied family of industrialists known as the Armitage Family have been linked to Miranda for a while now. Miranda and Robert Armitage used to be a couple, and she maintains an acquaintance with Robert's son, Richard.

Relationship (Derek Duvall)- Miranda has known Derek for a long time, even before one of her companies absorbed Duvall Shippng and turned it into Consumer Advanced Merchantile. She considers him a fool who was once a a very smart, savvy businessman, but is now growing impatient with his bungling of both legitimate business operations and the relationship with Alexsei Mikhailov's Newport Bratva. Duvall's dealings with Thunder Woman are likely to be the last straw for her.

Relationship (Jessica Sinclair)- Miranda's personal secretary and confidant is one of the few people she is close to and would consider a friend. This bond is so close that Jessica can practically read Miranda's mind and know exactly what she wants and needs. And because of Miranda's age and health, Jessica is the one who does all of the footwork for her employer. For this, Miranda is eternally grateful, and she has a substantial reward for Jessica in her will, should Miranda ever perish.

Relationship (Martin Clay)- Derek Duvall's right hand man and young ambitious executive has really impressed Miranda. It's likely that when she gets rid of Derek that she will hand the reigns of CAM over to him.

Relationship (Men of Power Around the World)- Miranda's network of contacts is astounding, and she makes sure to keep as many powerful individuals tied to her as possible. Some notable figures she is familiar with are Senator Darren Lane, Canadian businessman Robert Vane, Scandinavian corporate kingpin Dominik Kaiser, Arabian Prince Tasnim al-Barr, and Russian power players Andre Beregov and Vladimir Drakon. She's even managed to worm her influence into CENTRI, all the way up to its leader, Jack Warren, although Jack would like to take down the illegal extraordinary mercenaries tied to Miranda's interests via Enhanced Tactical Solutions before he retires.

Responsibility (Iryn Clan Fortune)- Miranda is currently the matriarch of the Iryn Clan. All of its collective resources, holdings, and individual members and their safety and well being are in her hands, and must be protected even from other family members.

Responsibility (Old)- Miranda is positively ancient, and while the kind of doctors and medicine she has access to at her level has allowed her to extend her lifespan considerably while maintaining the appearance of being far younger than she actually is, she is still pretty friggin' old, and there is only so much that can be done for her nowadays. It's bad enough that Miranda cannot actually handle to stress of personally overseeing many of the plans she has laid out, and must rely on Jessica Sinclair to do the footwork for her. However, as always she has turned a weakness into a strength, by making her actual appearances so rare that when she *does* choose to personally appear for something it's regarded as a big friggin' deal, with many a brick shat.

Rivalry/Enemies (The Immaculate Court)- One of Miranda's greatest threats is the secret society of extraordinary businessmen and wealthy elites that call themselves the Immaculate Court. The members of the Court would like nothing more than to co-opt the vast resources of the Iryn fortune for their own purposes. Evangeline Xavier, "The Mistress" of the Court, in particular would like to see Miranda fall.

Rivalry/Enemies (Other Megarich Families)- As the richest woman in the world and leader of one of the richest families, Miranda must be on guard to protect her interests from those of rival groups like the Rothschilds and Rockefellers.

Secret (Criminal Connections)- Miranda has many, many ties to a variety of deep black criminal organizations in the underworld and megavillains. While these arrangements have been beneficial to her she must keep them a secret at all costs, lest her rivals and enemies see a vulnerability in the vaunted Iryn armor.

Secret (Manipulator of Nations)- Miranda's power lies party in the vast network of connections she has made in a wide variety of sectors. She has managed to successfully make entire nations, multinational megacorporations, and wealthy and powerful men subservient to her will, all without any but a handful of individuals noticing.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 80--40 / Advantages: 39 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 16 (155)

Miranda Iryn is the matriarch of the Iyrn Clan, a family of businessmen, bankers, and investors whose wealth goes back centuries. Miranda alone is the single wealthiest woman in the entire globe, with more money to her name than dozens of even well off nations combined. She can start and end wars on a whim, and change the tide of politics and discourse as it suits her. She may not have the powers of an extraordinary, but when you are as wealthy and well connected as she is, you don't need any.

Initially her arrival in Newport is to specifically clean up Derek Duvall's horrible handling of Consumer Advanced Merchantile after the reveal by Thunder Woman and Interceptor of Duvall's complicity in a massive conspiracy to produce and sell enhanced cyborg soldiers on the black market. But as the scandal fades away thanks to Miranda's total media control it became clear she was after something more, as she instigates a campaign to completely discredit and villainize Thunder Woman and her allies, a campaign that occurs at the same time as Samantha is separately targeted by Nemo Oudeis, the Children of Ares, and Interguard, the combined weight of these events causing Samantha to give up the mantle of Thunder Woman and willingly allow herself to be sent to Ultramax. But Miranda is not done with Thunder Woman yet, and it seems that she is in partnership with a secret organization to attack not just Thunder Woman, but Olympus and the Dodekatheon itself!
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Your setting is pretty interesting in giving large scale politico-economical players more attention than many others supers settings I've seen over the years. It is neat because it is the kind of threat a typical superhero really can't do that much about. Invulnerability and optic blasts are poor counters to a phone call destabilizing a country's economy and leading to civil war...