BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Monster Woman

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:33 am Image
A... muscular woman I'm NOT attracted to?!? What monstrosity is THIS?!!!?

Hm- high-end stats, dumb girl- basically "Chick Hulk" is my immediate impression. PL 11 is a good "standard" for a supervillain opposing TW.

Most of her is "Typical Brick", so I like that Shapeshifting that's in there. It makes her a bit different, and that's coming from someone who's filled his universe with Standard Powerhouses.

I remember her backstory from your art thread on DA, and I liked it. I recognized it because of the "Invidia" name (Latin: "jealousy"), and the fact that her backstory is RIDICULOUSLY sympathetic- she's entirely the victim of having an evil bitch for a relative, and herself did nothing wrong (aside from creating biological horrors, I guess). The fact that we can't be sure where Ira ends and Monster Woman begins is also very interesting. I'm digging this character more than most of your villains through this unique personal touches, and her sympathetic backstory.
bsdigitalq

Re: Monster Woman

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:40 amANOTHER evil business douchebag? Man, are there ANY good corporate executives in your universe, or are you just aiming for realism instead of escapism :)?
Actually, there are a few good corporate executive types. There's the various Armitage's, who're about the closest my setting has to a Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne-type of character, there's Algernon Xidorn and his smorgasbord of organizations under his control, and then there's the Obermann Brothers and their enterprise SATRN. Those're the ones that come to mind.
When did he & Samantha date? Before her current off-and-on boyfriend?
Timeline hasn't been set down entirely yet, but they started dating shortly before the events that created Interceptor. I don't believe Samantha and David have started officially dating yet at that point, but are aware of their attraction enough that they are unofficially a couple. Samantha going out with Martin is a huge strain on their relationship, as Martin essentially epitomizes everything David is not, and appeals to some of Samantha's personal attractions. Part of what ends up breaking them apart (besides, y'know, nearly killing Martin in battle at the climax of the CAM Conspiracy Arc) is Samantha's realization that she didn't actually love Martin, she just loved all the stuff attached to him, whereas she was attracted to David in spite of the fact that David lacks many of Samantha's turn ons.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:50 amI remember her backstory from your art thread on DA, and I liked it. I recognized it because of the "Invidia" name (Latin: "jealousy"), and the fact that her backstory is RIDICULOUSLY sympathetic- she's entirely the victim of having an evil bitch for a relative, and herself did nothing wrong (aside from creating biological horrors, I guess). The fact that we can't be sure where Ira ends and Monster Woman begins is also very interesting. I'm digging this character more than most of your villains through this unique personal touches, and her sympathetic backstory.
Yeah, that last part is going to be quite interesting as it plays out. I can easily see it progressing to the point where all distinction between the two ends completely, and Monster Woman is simply an aspect of Ira's shapeshifting ability instead of an explicit alternate form. It'll also be interesting to see her play off of Thunder Woman's rogues, as I could see some interesting interactions happen between her and some of them (particularly as part of "Legion's Elite").
Jabroniville

Re: BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat! So what are Samantha's turn-ons, as pertains to guys like Martin? Just the overall "power" thing? Wealth? Status? Or does she just like black guys :)?
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:33 am Neat! So what are Samantha's turn-ons, as pertains to guys like Martin? Just the overall "power" thing? Wealth? Status? Or does she just like black guys :)?
A lot of what attracted Samantha to Martin was this idea that he was this rich, handsome, smart, and charismatic man, someone completely out of her league, who was nonetheless interested in her. Now, Samantha's attractive, but I'm trying to emphasize that at best her beauty is a much more average, girl next door type. She only becomes an amazonian bombshell as Thunder Woman, who is Samantha's personal ideal vision of herself. The problem with her attraction to Martin is that Samantha realizes that it is completely superficial; she isn't attracted to Martin specifically, but rather the idea of him. He fulfills a fantasy in her mind, this almost Disney-esque style longing for a handsome prince to sweep her off her feet and carry her away to some magical kingdom. The actual reality is much less interesting, and by getting into a relationship with him, it ends up nullifying the fantasy.
bsdigitalq

The Neohydra (plus Baby Neohydra)

Post by bsdigitalq »

NEO-HYDRA
PL 14 (290)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 20 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 14 (+22)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 16 (-6)

Advantages:

All-out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical: Unarmed, Improved Critical: Venomous Spray, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Neohydra Physiology”
Immunity 7 (Aging, Cold, Disease, Drowning, Heat, Poison, Pressure) [7]
Regeneration 10 (Extra: Regrowth) [11]
Senses 4 (Acute Extended Scent, Extended Low-light Vision) [4]

“Giant friggin’ Monster”
Growth 16 (+16 STR & STA, +16 mass, +8 Intimidate, -8 Dodge/Parry, -16 Stealth) (Extra: Innate) (Flaw: Permanent) [33]
Growth 4 (+2 Intimidate, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) (Extra: Innate) (Flaws: Limited to increased size only, Permanent) [3]
Impervious Toughness 20 [20]
Reach 24 (120 ft) [24]

“Multiple Tails”
Extra Limbs 12 [12]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]

“Venomous Spray” Weaken Strength 18 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude) (Extras: Feature- Weakens Stamina after Strength reaches 0, Increased Range, Insidious, Progressive) (Flaw: Quirk- Delayed Action) (73) – [80]
  • AE: “Explosive Fireball” Blast 14 (Extras: Area- 30 ft Burst, Extended Range 3) (45)
  • AE: “Fire Breath” Blast 18 (Extras: Extended Range 4, Penetrating 10) (50)
  • AE: “Fire Stream” Damage 14 (Extra: Area- 5x60 ft Line +2) (42)
  • AE: “Fire Wave” Damage 14 (Extra: Area- 120 ft Cone +2) (42)
  • AE: “Giant-size Smash” Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60 ft Burst +2) (42)
  • AE: “Tail Lashing” Multiattack on Strength 16 Unarmed Attack (16)
  • AE: “Tail Smash” Damage 14 (Extra: Area- 125 cft Shapeable +3) (56)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Area Attacks (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Fire Breath +8 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Venomous Spray +8 (+18 Effect, DC 28)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +20, Fortitude +20, Will +8

Complications:

Disabled (Animal)- The Neohydra cannot speak to humans, and cannot easily manipulate objects with it's giant limbs, though the tails are a bit more dexterous than a typical giant monster's limbs.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 200 / Defenses: 33 (290)
BABY NEO-HYDRA
PL 12 (200)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 15 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+12)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat: Fire Breath 2 (+10)
Stealth 4 (+0)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Last Stand, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Takedown, Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Neohydra Physiology”
Immunity 7 (Aging, Cold, Disease, Drowning, Heat, Poison, Pressure) [7]
Regeneration 8 (Extra: Regrowth) [9]
Senses 2 (Acute Scent, Low-light Vision) [2]

“Monstrous Size”
Growth 4 (+4 STR & STA, +4 mass, +2 Intimidate, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) (Extra: Innate) (Flaw: Permanent) [9]
Impervious Toughness 15 [15]
Power-Lifting 3 (6000 tons) [3]

“Multiple Tails”
Extra Limbs 8 [8]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]

“Fire Breath” Blast 14 (Extra: Penetrating 7) (35) – [37]
  • AE: “Fire Wave” Damage 12 (Extra: Area- 60 ft Cone) (24)
  • AE: “Tail Lashing” Multiattack & Reach 7 on Strength Damage (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Fire Wave (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Fire Breath +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +15, Fortitude +15, Will +8

Complications:

Disabled (Animal)- The Baby Neohydra cannot speak to humans.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 96 / Defenses: 18 (200)
The Neohydra is Hera's ultimate weapon against Thunder Woman. After the failure of numerous schemes and other, lesser minions, she combined the flesh of the Hydra and the legendary titan Typhon together in order to produce a creature so huge, so strong, so terrible, that there was no way Thunder Woman could stop it. And indeed, it very nearly killed Samantha, requiring special assistance from Hermes and Herakles to defeat it. However, though it failed in its initial goal, Hera was able to retrieve a sample of the beast's corpse and resurrect it. However, due to the way it was originally defeated, this new Neohydra's growth cycle is much slower, and currently it is still functionally a "baby." Nonetheless, it remains handy to Hera as a physical powerhouse.

However, the truth is that the Neohydra is just a prelude to her true ultimate weapon: the "Telikoteras," a creature she is still in the process of creating, a monstrosity to surpass even Typhon and destroy the entire Olympian Pantheon.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The Neohydra has a BITCHING design, and one that really shows off your skill with that damn program I find too labor-intensive to use right (I swear it's just faster for me to draw the character on paper, lol). The four arms, the mass of tentacles, all the spikes... he's crazy vicious-looking, and a worthy kaiju.

Nice builds, with a lot of the typical "Giant" elements, because really there's not too many varied ways to do Giants.

This is like the twelfth thing that nearly killed TW before she got bailed out- her Win/Loss Record must SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK in the early days! When did she start getting better? Is there a general timeline for certain things?
A lot of what attracted Samantha to Martin was this idea that he was this rich, handsome, smart, and charismatic man, someone completely out of her league, who was nonetheless interested in her. Now, Samantha's attractive, but I'm trying to emphasize that at best her beauty is a much more average, girl next door type. She only becomes an amazonian bombshell as Thunder Woman, who is Samantha's personal ideal vision of herself. The problem with her attraction to Martin is that Samantha realizes that it is completely superficial; she isn't attracted to Martin specifically, but rather the idea of him. He fulfills a fantasy in her mind, this almost Disney-esque style longing for a handsome prince to sweep her off her feet and carry her away to some magical kingdom. The actual reality is much less interesting, and by getting into a relationship with him, it ends up nullifying the fantasy.
Interesting concept- "Fantasy not living up to reality" and such. It actually speaks a bit to Martin's personality that he'd go after a "girl next door" instead of the kind of women a man like him COULD get, which adds another interesting wrinkle.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:58 am The Neohydra has a BITCHING design, and one that really shows off your skill with that damn program I find too labor-intensive to use right (I swear it's just faster for me to draw the character on paper, lol). The four arms, the mass of tentacles, all the spikes... he's crazy vicious-looking, and a worthy kaiju.
Being a huge kaiju fan since a little kid does have it's perks as far as inspiration goes. Shame I can't channel that into something more outside of Neohydra here. As I said on FB, I'm generally pretty terrible at original kaiju concepts or homages due to the inherent limitations of the genre in my eyes.
This is like the twelfth thing that nearly killed TW before she got bailed out- her Win/Loss Record must SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK in the early days! When did she start getting better? Is there a general timeline for certain things?
I have a veeeeeeeeeeeeery general notion of the sequence of events for TW, but it is a very vague, amorphous thing right now, with little in the way of "fixed points in time." When I develop a harder timeline for TW, that should be a sign of how close I am to doing something a bit more serious and ambitious with her.

As for her win/loss record, well, I based her on Spider-Man, so pretty much every single "first fight" should be a defeat or struggle outside of her jobbers. However, I have a feeling I may be underselling her, and that she will probably come off as a better fighter in the actual stories than the way I am portraying her here in these builds and bios. Probably an unconscious reaction to all the other superhero creators out there who really push just how awesome and badass their characters are.
Interesting concept- "Fantasy not living up to reality" and such. It actually speaks a bit to Martin's personality that he'd go after a "girl next door" instead of the kind of women a man like him COULD get, which adds another interesting wrinkle.
Indeed. I'm looking forward to developing Martin a bit more. Which is what he needs, what with not being a superpowered character with a dynamic look. But sometimes I really enjoy figuring out the facets and angles of these characters more than how powerful they are or whatever.
bsdigitalq

Nosophoros

Post by bsdigitalq »

The final inspiration

NOSOPHOROS (Primary Host Body)
PL 14 (420)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Insight 8 (+11)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 8 (+11)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
“Nosophoros Primary Host Abilities”
Elongation 2 (30 feet) (Flaw: Limited to Nosophoros worms in body) [1]
“Nosophoros Worm Defenses” Enhanced Trait 13 (Defensive Roll 5; Dodge +4, Parry +4) [13]
Movement 4 (Slithering, Sure-footed, Wall-crawling 2) [8]
“Nosophoros Worm Screen” Impervious Toughness 16 (Extra: Sustained) [16]
“Nosophoros Worms as Appendages” Extra Limbs 12 (Extra: Sustained) [12]
Regeneration 8 (Extra: Regrowth) [9]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]

“Nosophoros Hive Mind”
Mental Communication 3 (Extra: Perception- Visual 3) (Flaw: Limited to possessed hosts) [15]
“Alien Mind” Immunity 30 (Will Effects) (Flaw: Limited to half-effect) [15]
Variable 2 (Flaw: Limited to skills and advantages of possessed hosts) [12]

“Nosophoros Worm Horde”
“Nosophoros Infection” Affliction 18 (Dazed & Entranced, Stunned & Compelled, Transformed to Infected Host & Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Contagious, Dynamic, Extra Condition, Increased Duration 3, Progressive) (144) – [173]
  • Dynamic AE: “Swarm of Worms” Create 14 (15000 cft) (Extras: Extended Range, Innate, Movable, Tether) (45)
  • Dynamic AE: “Rapidly Multiplying Worms” Create 14 (15000 cft) (Extras: Extended Range, Impervious, Increased Duration, Indirect 3, Innate, Movable, Stationary) (76)
  • Dynamic AE: “Swirling Worms” Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Area- 120 ft Burst +3) (4)
  • Dynamic AE: “Thrashing Worms” Strength-based Damage 1 (Extras: Accurate, Multiattack, Reach 8- 40 ft) (11)
  • Dynamic AE: “Worm Spears” Strength-based Damage 1 (Extras: Accurate, Penetrating 7, Reach 6- 30 ft, Split) (16)
  • Dynamic AE: “Worm Stream” Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Area- 5x120 ft Line +3) (4)
  • Dynamic AE: “Worm Flood” Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Area- 8000 cft. Shapeable +9) (10)
  • Dynamic AE: “Powerful Worms as Arms” Move Object 17 (25,000 tons) (Extras: Tether, Damaging, Extended Range 3, Increased Mass 3, Multiattack) (75)
  • Dynamic AE: “Entangling Worms” Affliction 17 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Extra Condition, Increased Range, Indirect 3, Multiattack) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (54)
  • Dynamic AE: “Entangling Worms 2” Affliction 17 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Tether, Extra Condition, Increased Range, Multiattack) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (52)
  • Dynamic AE: “Entangling Worms 3” Affliction 14 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Area- 30 ft Burst, Extra Condition, Increased Range, Indirect 3) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (45)
  • Dynamic AE: “Entangling Worms 4” Affliction 14 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Area- 60 ft Cone, Tether, Extra Condition) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: “Entangling Worms 5” Affliction 14 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Area- 1000 cft Shapeable +6, Extra Condition, Indirect 3) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (115)
  • AE: “Summon Nosophoros Worm Swarms” Summon 10 (Extras: Controlled, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2- 4) (81)
  • AE: “Summon Giant Nosophoros Worms” Summon 12 (Extras: Active, Controlled, Heroic, Horde, Mental Link, Multiple Minions 2- 4, Sacrifice) (134)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Infection +10 (+18 Effect, DC 28)
Area Attacks (+14 Effect/Damage, DC 24/29)
Ranged Damage +12 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Ranged Snares +11 (+17 Effect, DC 27)
Moving Worms +11 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +11 (+16 w/Worm Defenses), Fortitude +16, Will +10

Complications:

Enemy (Kharyon Horde)- Nosophoros appears to be in a kind of cosmic struggle with an opposite number species, the ravenous Kharyon Horde. The Kharyon may have even originated as a reaction to the existence of the Nosophoros Worm's plague.

Motivation (Assimilation)- The Nosophoros Worm, whether it be in its natural mindless, animalistic state, or as a hive-mind collective after successfully infecting a Primary Host, seeks to assimilate all life into itself, until everything is an extension of the Worm.

Weakness (Primary Host)- By itself, the Nosophoros Worm is weak and easily dealt with. It does not become truly dangerous and world-threatening until it gains a Primary Host, giving it intelligence and sapience, as well as the ability to construct the hives necessary to breed even more worms. The key to stopping Nosophoros from infecting everything is to destroy the Primary Host or cut off its connection to rest of the hive, whether by disrupting it's means of communication with the hive or simply physically sending it far away from the rest of the hive (dimensional transportation or carrying the host a far enough distance away, for example). Of course, then the rub becomes finding the new Primary Host, or preventing the worms from creating a new one.

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 27 / Powers: 278 / Defenses: 19 (420)
BASIC NOSOPHOROS INFECTOR WORM
PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH
-5 STAMINA -4 AGILITY -2,
FIGHTING -2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -4

Skills:
Athletics 7 (+2)
Close Combat: Infect Host 7 (+5)
Expertise: Survival 10 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages:

Improved Initiative, Seize Initiative

Powers:
“Infector Physiology”
Movement 2 (Slithering, Wall-crawling) [4]
Shrinking 16 (-4 STR, -8 Intimidate, +8 Dodge/Parry, +16 Stealth, -2 speed) (Extra: Innate) (Flaw: Permanent) [33]
Speed 1 (1 mph) [1]
“Thermal Vision” Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]
“Motion Sense” Senses 4 (Accurate, Acute, Ranged Touch) [4]

“Infect Host” Affliction 15 (Dazed & Entranced, Stunned & Compelled, Transformed to Infected Host & Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude) (Contagious, Extra Condition, Increased Duration 3. Progressive) (120) – [121]
  • AE: “Post-Infection Reproduction” Duplication 10 (Extras: Active, Horde, Multiple Minions 4- 16) Limited- Requires Nosophoros Prime Host and Nosophoros Hives to multiply) (110)
Offense:
Unarmed -2 (-5 Damage, DC 10)
Infect Host +5 (+15 Effect, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness -4, Fortitude +0, Will +0

Total: Abilities: -34 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 164 / Defenses: 4 (150)
SUPER NOSOPHOROS WORM
PL 9 (75)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Close Combat: Grab 2 (+9)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 6 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Powers:
“Sheer Size”
Growth: Growth 4 (+4 STR & STA, +4 mass, +2 Intimidate, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) (Extra: Innate) (Flaw: Permanent) [9]
Elongation 1 (30 ft) [1]
Protection 2 [2]

“Serpentine Movement”
Burrowing 8 (16 mph) [8]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

“Hive Mind Link” Senses 1 (Communication Link- Nosophoros Hive Mind) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude +9, Will +6

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 16 (75)
NOSOPHOROS WORM SWARM
PL 10 (140)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10)
Perception 3 (+3)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Precise Attack 2 (Close, Concealment & Cover), Prone Fighting

Powers:
“Writhing Mass of Worms”
Elongation 2 (30 ft) [2]
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Immunity 40 (Piercing Damage, Bludgeoning Damage) (Flaw: Limited- Half Effect) [20]
Insubstantial 1 (Extras: Innate, Precise, Selective) [8]
Movement 3 (Slithering, Sure-footed, Wall-crawling) [6]
Regeneration 6 [6]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
“Lashing Worms” Multiattack on Strength Damage [9]
“Engulf Area” AE off Strength; Area- 60 cft Shapeable +2 on Strength Damage (16)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 10 (140)
GIANT NOSOPHOROS WORM
PL 12 (110)
STRENGTH
16 STAMINA 16 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 4 (-8)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Power Attack

Powers:
“Huge Size”
Growth 16 (+16 STR & STA, +16 mass, +8 Intimidate, -8 Dodge/Parry, -16 Stealth) (Extra: Innate) (Flaw: Permanent) [33]
Elongation 1 (250 ft) [1]
Impervious Toughness 16 [16]
“Strength Effects”
  • AE: “Giant-size Smash” Damage 8 (Extra: Area- 30 ft Burst) [1]
  • AE: “Shockwave” Affliction 10 (Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude) (Extras: Area- 30 ft Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to targets on the ground, Limited Degree) [1]
“Serpentine Movement”
Burrowing 7 (8 mph) [7]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Giant-size Smash (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Shockwave (+10 Effect, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +16, Fortitude +18, Will +6

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 72 / Defenses: 20 (110)
Nosophoros is a cosmic horror, a highly virulent and rapidly reproducing worm-like extraterrestrial parasitic hive. It hitched a ride on a space probe launched by SATRN (Scientific And Technological Research Network), the advanced private network of advanced civilian laboratories founded by the legendary Obermann Brothers, where it attacked and possessed a hapless SATRN scientist inspecting the probe after it returned to Earth. The hive requires a sapient host in order to achieve true cognizance and intelligence, and once it achieved that it began to rapidly consume and populate the Newport SATRN Space Center. It took the combined might of the Newport Defenders to stop it, and even then they could not be certain that they had completely eliminated all traces of it, or the host. Sure enough, Nosophoros, as it has taken to calling itself, has repeatedly emerged to spread itself and consume all of Earth on multiple occasions. Each and every confrontation has been an immense challenge for Thunder Woman, even with the aide of some of the greatest heroes on Earth. Few villains in Thunder Woman's rogues gallery embody as much of an apocalyptic and existential threat as Nosophoros does.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

yeah, stuff like this is always gross and memorable. Typically not a major thing in comics, as there's rarely a "central guy" that draws a lot of attention. My personal favorite "thing" like this was the Hate Plague in Transformers, but this one is totally Body-Horror and would stick with the fans a long time.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:19 pm yeah, stuff like this is always gross and memorable. Typically not a major thing in comics, as there's rarely a "central guy" that draws a lot of attention. My personal favorite "thing" like this was the Hate Plague in Transformers, but this one is totally Body-Horror and would stick with the fans a long time.
Oh yeah, Nosophoros here is pretty much my homage to a lot of horror stuff that I like- Apocalyptic Horror like Prince of Darkness, Quatermass & The Pit, and The Thing, Lovecraftian/Cosmic Horror, Body Horror, video game/anime monstrosities like in Resident Evil, and many, many others. Nosophoros is in many ways the "Holy S*#@!" villain of TW's rogues galleries, and any time it appears again is supposed to be a huge freakin' deal, as really no other recurring opponent poses quite as huge a threat as this thing. I think the only other villains who would have a similar "Holy S*#@!" quotient would be if the Harbinger or Dominus were to suddenly come back, given their much more limited and scant appearances.
bsdigitalq

Ranke

Post by bsdigitalq »

RANKE (Katrina Becker)
PL 13 (330), up to PL 15 (330) when mimicking
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+15)
Deception 6 (+7)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+6)
Stealth 6 (+10)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Chokehold, Diehard, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Favored Foe- Thunder Woman, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Close- Concealment & Cover), Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 8, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

Powers:
“Symbiotic Biosheath with Tentacle Arms”
Extra Limbs 8 (8 extra limbs) [8]
Protection 4 [4]
Regeneration 5 (Extra: Regrowth) (Flaw: Quirk- Regrowth limited to tentacle arms) [5]
“Enhanced Climbing” Movement 5 (Sure-footed 2, Swinging, Wall-crawling 2) [10]
Power-Lifting 3 (400 tons) [3]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]

“Tentacle Combat”
Enhanced Fighting 5 (Flaw: Limited to tentacle arms) [5]
Enhanced Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited to tentacles arms) [6]
Enhanced Trait 7 (Dodge +7) [7]
“Tentacle Strikes” Strength Effect (Extras: Penetrating 11, Reach 8- 40 ft, Split 3) (22) – [25]
  • AE: “Swirling Tentacles” Strength Effect (Extra: Area- 30 ft Burst) (11)
  • AE: “Tentacle Slam” Strength Effect (Extra: Area: 5x30 ft Line) (11)
  • AE: “Multi-Tentacle Lashing” Strength Effect (Extras: Multiattack, Reach 8- 40 ft) (19)
“Power Draining & Mimicry”
Affliction 14 (Fatigued & Powers Impaired, Exhausted & Powers Disabled, Incapacitated & Transformed to Powerless; Resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition) (Flaw: Grab-based) linked to Variable 15 (Flaw: Limited to mimicking touched subjects) linked to Mind Reading 9 (Flaws: Grab-based, Reduced Range 2) linked to Weaken Stamina 8 (Resisted by Fortitude) (Flaw: Grab-based) [125]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Power Draining +11 (+8/+9/+14 Effects, DC 18/19/24)
Initiative +12

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +9, Fortitude +11, Will +8

Complications:

Flashbacks- Katrina has occasional relapses from her Ranke persona. This is what gives Samantha hope that she can be turned back.

Motivation (Serving Helregin)- Ranke is completely devoted to Helregin and does whatever he wants.

Prejudice (Appearance)- Ranke is obviously not a normal person and would require a considerable amount of work in order to go anywhere in public without drawing attention.

Relationship (Helregin)- Before the transformation, Katrina considered Helregin to be a bit of a creep, at least based on Samantha's accounts of their various battles. After the transformation, Katrina as Ranke is a loyal Girl Friday to Helregin. She is an extra pair of eyes and numerous arms, she is a muse for him that he often bounces ideas off of, someone who he can confide all of his secrets and personal wishes, fears, and regrets to, and most obviously of all, someone who can fight for him, an ultimate bodyguard who can weaken any opponent while also taking their powers and discovering all their secrets.

Relationship (Samantha West/Thunder Woman)- Katrina was Samantha's best friend ever since their college days, and that friendship continued right up until her transformation into Ranke. This is why Samantha took Katrina's transformation into Ranke so personal. Helregin may not have technically killed Katrina, but the transformation so utterly altered Katrina that he may as well have done so.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 40 / Powers: 202 / Defenses: 11 (330)

Ranke is Katrina Becker. She used to be one of Samantha's closest friends, and Katrina was an instrumental part of helping her through the early days of Samantha's career as Thunder Woman. Unfortunately, she was among a number of people kidnapped by Helregin and taken to his laboratory as "test subjects" for his latest creation: a power draining and mimicking symbiote. The symbiote consumed or was incompatible with all of the people Helregin subjected to it, except Katrina, who bonded with it at the molecular level for complete and total synthesis. The process, helped along by Helregin, also completely changed her memory and personality, although she still retains trace memories of her friendship with Samantha. This event, and Helregin's subsequent discovery of Thunder Woman's true identity, formed a turning point in the rivalry between the two and helped cement Helregin as one of Thunder Woman's greatest enemies. Ranke now serves as Helregin's personal muscle and confidant, and he seldom goes anywhere without her at his side.
Davies

Re: Ranke

Post by Davies »

bsdigitalq wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:02 am Image

... I think I might have to steal this one.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
bsdigitalq

Re: Ranke

Post by bsdigitalq »

Davies wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:28 am... I think I might have to steal this one.
Just make sure to acknowledge the source. ;)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I like the idea behind Ranke. Very strong superhero "I know you're in there!" kind of stuff. Interesting how much stronger she is than the boss. I'm glad there's no sexual aspect to the duo- that'd be a bit TOO gross. Of course, this douche may count this as his most morally-awful act- something that makes him truly unforgivable.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:20 amInteresting how much stronger she is than the boss.
Yeah, she's kinda like Rogue in that she's dangerous enough as is as a kind of psuedo-Doc Ock, but then you add that Power Mimicry ability and suddenly she becomes a nightmare if she latches onto enough heroes and copies their powers. Actually, she's even worse than guys like Rogue or Parasite, because neither of them have 30-40 ft tentacles!
I'm glad there's no sexual aspect to the duo- that'd be a bit TOO gross.
Ew, no. Too much.
Of course, this douche may count this as his most morally-awful act- something that makes him truly unforgivable.
The whole "Katrina Becker becomes Ranke" incident is essentially TW's "Death of Gwen Stacy" moment, and just like how that situation catapulted the Green Goblin, it does a similar thing for Helregin and truly cements him as one of TW's major adversaries instead of being merely a very frequent adversary on Hera's off-days.