BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, that really pushes him from "Villain With Good Intentions" to "Absolute F*cking Monster" pretty much overnight- altering someone's entire mind and body against their will is a straight-up unforgivable action.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:28 amYeah, that really pushes him from "Villain With Good Intentions" to "Absolute F*cking Monster" pretty much overnight- altering someone's entire mind and body against their will is a straight-up unforgivable action.
Yeah, for all his claims of trying to free mankind of disease, pain, and death, Helregin is rather callous and amoral in how he goes about accomplishing it, and he engages in a lot of seriously bad stuff to keep his work going. Thunder Woman doesn't really quite understand this until what happens with Katrina, as before she saw him as sort of the "lesser of two evils" against Hera, especially after dealing with Adam Asklepiades. Adam is one of the first people to really warn Samantha about how evil Helregin is, but she ignores this due to Adam's seemingly irrational obsession with Helregin and the way her past dealings with Helregin don't seem to match up with what Adam described to her. Then the situation with Katrina happens and yeeeeeaaah...it gets bad.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Re-reading your art thread thanks to that post by drkrash had me give this thread another once over. It really is impressive the kind of superhero setting you've created for yourself, how fleshed out it is, and how fun a lot of the concepts, names and designs are.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Ares wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:22 am Re-reading your art thread thanks to that post by drkrash had me give this thread another once over. It really is impressive the kind of superhero setting you've created for yourself, how fleshed out it is, and how fun a lot of the concepts, names and designs are.
Thanks Ares, appreciate the kind words. As you or anyone who has visited the DA page will know, this isn't even a fraction of all that's going on with the ExMythos, and a lot has changed with it since I last posted here.

As I stated over at the art thread, I'm not sure I'll bring back this thread, at least not with MnM stats anyway. If I do decide to start posting again, I'm considering rebooting things with a new system. What that system will be is up in the air, but right now I'm hoping it'll be the one you're working on.

Anyway, if anyone's wondering what's happened since I last posted here, or just wants to follow the latest updates, my DeviantArt page is the place I main hang out at: https://www.deviantart.com/bsdigitalq

I also have a Discord where I will share things well in advance of public display, so if anyone is interested here's an invite: https://discord.gg/GJMcFMD

Again, thanks a bunch Ares. :)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

bsdigitalq wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:00 am Thanks Ares, appreciate the kind words. As you or anyone who has visited the DA page will know, this isn't even a fraction of all that's going on with the ExMythos, and a lot has changed with it since I last posted here.

As I stated over at the art thread, I'm not sure I'll bring back this thread, at least not with MnM stats anyway. If I do decide to start posting again, I'm considering rebooting things with a new system. What that system will be is up in the air, but right now I'm hoping it'll be the one you're working on.

Anyway, if anyone's wondering what's happened since I last posted here, or just wants to follow the latest updates, my DeviantArt page is the place I main hang out at: https://www.deviantart.com/bsdigitalq

I also have a Discord where I will share things well in advance of public display, so if anyone is interested here's an invite: https://discord.gg/GJMcFMD

Again, thanks a bunch Ares. :)
You're very welcome, but you clearly put in the time and the effort, so it's well deserved praise. And I'd be real pleased if my own RPG system (fingers crossed on a 2021 announcement) got used by you and others on here. Heck, if it proves sustainable, We might have to talk about an official ExMythos sourcebook. ;)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Ares wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:11 amHeck, if it proves sustainable, We might have to talk about an official ExMythos sourcebook. ;)
I quite like the sound of that. :D
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

BSDQ, I realize this is pretty officially a dead thread until you decide what system you want to move to, but I wanted to say again how much I appreciate it. I've read through the art thread a couple times, and today I just finished reading this. It's great stuff.

I told Jab I might start my own OC thread here using SCRPG for stats, but I don't have comic art for my characters. We use real people for models, which I've learned some people like and other people hate. My players and I tend to think of our game as a TV show as much as a comic series.

Anyway. Great work. I'll check out the DA page, though I find navigating that page to be a chore.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

drkrash wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:26 pm BSDQ, I realize this is pretty officially a dead thread until you decide what system you want to move to, but I wanted to say again how much I appreciate it. I've read through the art thread a couple times, and today I just finished reading this. It's great stuff.

I told Jab I might start my own OC thread here using SCRPG for stats, but I don't have comic art for my characters. We use real people for models, which I've learned some people like and other people hate. My players and I tend to think of our game as a TV show as much as a comic series.

Anyway. Great work. I'll check out the DA page, though I find navigating that page to be a chore.
Thanks so much dude. I'm always humbled and flattered to learn so many folks enjoy what I've shared, so I appreciate the kind words. :)

I recently uploaded everything to a new image hosting platform, since at least one reason I had for my dwindling interest in maintaining this and the art thread had to do with Photobucket's unfortunate change of business plan in 2017. So at the very least I think I'll be able to start a new art thread, just as soon as I determine my starting point.

Anyway, thanks again, and I hope the DA page isn't too hard for you. I know I usually have to use the search feature to navigate it, thanks to the myriad pieces of art and commissions that surround the FdH character pics. Course, it was a bit easier to navigate before the Eclipse update...

I've also taken to keeping some glossaries of characters in Google Drive. There's links somewhere in the DA page, though if interested I can PM them to you. Google Docs has been a HUGE boon for note taking and keeping things organized and straightened out.