Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Star Wars, Exalted 2E

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, FATAL, AMBER Diceless

Post by Spectrum »

System: Werewolf 20 Changing Breeds

"John Doe", "The Sewer Monster", "Oh God, What is th... *crunch*"
Breed: Suchid
Auspice: Noonday Sun, Unshading
Varna: Karna (Saltwater Crocodile)

Gnosis 8, Willpower 5, Rage 6

Str 5/9/8 (Steely Grip), Dex 2/1/1, Sta 4/10/7 (Unbreakable)
Cha 1, App 2/0, Man 3/1/1
Int 2, Per 3, Wits 3

Archid Aspects: Behemoth x2, Constricting Coils, Fiery Pearl, Longteeth, Long neck, Predator's Roar, Wings
Massive albino flying serpent, a burning orb between its yellow eyes, a mawful of tearing fangs, scaled wings twitching in the wind

Talents: Alertness 3, Athletics 3, Brawl 4 (Wrestling), Intimidation 4 (Physical), Streetwise 1
Skills: Firearms 1, Larceny 2, Stealth 4 (Urban), Survival 3
Knowledges: --

BGs: Allies 1, Contacts 2, Resources 2

Gifts: Razor Claws, Fangs of Judgement

Merits: --

Flaws: Strict carnivore, Overconfident, Hatred: "Vampires", Mark of the Predator

Notes:
1. One of my oldest unused antagonists, easily 20 years old. In the large Vampire LARP I was involved in, one of the prestories was that the entire clan of Nosferatu (antitribu) were gone- completely, not a trace. When it came to my turn to run the game, I tried to answer the question. In my version, one of the warren was fond of collecting odd crocodiles for their spawning pit. This time, they got more than they expected; a preChange mokole which then proceeded to do the monster movie thing ripping the entire warren apart. Nom.

2. Expanding the story, the monster has been hired on the goon squad of a young and overconfident Giovanni to hunt 'vampires'. Yeah, not the smartest of ideas. How long can you hold the tiger by the tail?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

System: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Revised

Monica "Raven" Wallace
Life 34 Drama 10

Str 2, Dex 2, Con 4, Int 4, Per 4, Will 6

Skills: Crime 3, Doctor 2, Getting Medieval 3, Influence 2, Knowledge 5, Kung fu 2, Languages 5, Notice 2, Occultism 7, Science 3

Qualities: Age 3, Occult Investigator, Photographic Memory, Sorcery 1, The Sight

Drawbacks: Impaired Sight (Glasses), Emotional Problems: Insecure, Misfit, Obligation: MInimal, Recurring Nightmares, Secret 3, Teenager

"Look! I just Know things. Things that I don't want to know. They just come to me. I have these nightmares, these voices in my head, telling me things. I don't know who they are but they're aren't from.. now. No, it doesn't make any sense. I'm not crazy! But they're telling me that something bad is coming and that I'm going to need people around me to help. So can you, can you pull your head out of your meaningless drama to help? I'm sure that you think that this is important, but it really isn't. If we don't do something, it will mean even less."
Spectrum

Re: Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Post by Spectrum »

System: Star Wars WEG

Name: Kaiya Aseidu
Race: Human
Force Sensitive: Yes Tradition: Uncontrolled amateur

DEX 3 KNO 4 MEC 2 PER 4 STR 2 TECH 2
Control 1: Concentration

Skills: (+2 from Disads)
Bargain 1, Bureaucracy 1, Business 1, Command 1, Law Enforcement 1, Persuasion 1, Streetwise 1, Value 1, Willpower 1

Ads (-2): Extraordinary Memory (-1), Noble Birth (-1)
Disads (+4): Argumentative (+1), Extremely Competitive (+1), Skeleton: Force Sensitive (+2)

The Aseidu family, is one of the most wealthy for the local system. Jago, the current patriarch, has been successful but conservative in his dealings more focused on preservation than growth. It was easier that way in the shadow of the Empire. There are seven daughters and no sons. Most of the daughters have been successful enough to marry well or be of minor nuisance. In short, the six oldest are 'useless'. The mother died in the birth of Kaiya. She was not like her older sisters, focused not on the frivolities of youth, but rather watching her father and learning of the ways of business and in the ways in which he failed. Soon, she tried to make business suggestions to her father- not that he would listen. In her early teenage years, she started to become aware of things that normal people didn't notice; the whispers of minds, predictions of things to soon come, the ability to focus on a task and become startling effective. She did not have a name for it but she knew that she needed to keep it hidden, a secret card to play in her own dealings. It would not suit her purposes to be tangled up with the Empire's attentions. Still, she was brave in her dealings, discovering new markets on both sides of the law. She is also far too aware that she is a large fish in a small pond and seeks the pleasure of the hunt elsewhere. Will she find it with this motley crew?
Spectrum

Re: Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Buffy, Star Wars

Post by Spectrum »

Flipping through the dusty bookshelf; I found a new contender for most mechanically inclined RPG.

Enforcers, A Super-Powered Science Fiction Role Playing game, November 1987, 21st Century Games.

~112 total pages
~2 pages: background material
~17 pages: back of book reference tables
~5 pages: character sheet calculation program, written on an Atari 1040ST for use with VIP Professional Spreadsheet- "There is no warranty, expressed or implied, on this listing- be careful!"

Always be cautious around games with numerical headings and subheadings so that you can make sure that you're discussing the same rules.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:13 pm AMBER Diceless Role-Playing, Phage Press 1991

So, a confession first, I have attempted to read the Amber novel series, many years ago, and didn't successfully get very far into it. I don't recall way, just that I didn't get very far with it. On the other hand, I picked up the main book and the first supplement for the RPG. At the time, there was a lot of talk about it, being one of the earlier (gaming) mainstream attempts at a diceless roleplaying game. In some ways, it's a really cool game and was very innovative for the market at the time, shifting the stories towards being far more open than what could be told at the time. Wow, playing god level characters was really cool too... gods that could walk across multiple worlds!

And so it went onto the dusty bookshelf.

Has anyone ever actually played the game? What did they think? Were the odd bits fun or were they a pain?
I never have, but I've known people who have played it.
Ken wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:28 am Eric The first person I became friends with at college. Very die-hard gamer, particularly D&D. Also, I worked with him for 15 years, after my boss (circa '94) asked me if I knew any other programmers who needed work. Eric did. Big part of the gaming group until about 2003. Was besties with Neil from mid 1990s until about 2010, when he disappeared out East. Can hold a grudge like no one's business. And being in a relationship makes him paranoid.

Kurt Honestly, Kurt only gamed with our group twice. And both were memorable at moments, but generally was unrmarkable. What is remarkable is that it was only twice. You see Kurt's ties to the group are as follows:
a) he used to do LARP games with Jim (back when Jim did LARP) in the city
b) he played in the same Amber group as Eric in a little town on the IL-WI border
c) he took some of the same community college courses, and became friends, with Tim
d) he took some of the same community college courses, and became friends, with Jenn [and may have been in the Jenn's Collection of Would Be Suitors]
But, back in the mid-late 1990s, Kurt, for a long time, didn't know that Jenn, Jim, Eric, and Tim were all gaming together. Nor that they knew each other through the children (Matt and me) of his high school speech teacher.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Debris "Devon Reid" - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit, Status: Internet Famous, Burglar, Connected, Contacts, Cool: Deception, Cool: Persuasion, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike 2, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Expertise: Causes), Favored Environment: Crowds, Favored Foe: Activists, Follow Up Strik, Improved Critical 3: Offensive Defensive, Improved Critical 4: Thrust: Damage 10, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck (Recover) 5, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Untapped Potential, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Well-informed

Skills
Deception 10 (+10), Expertise: Causes 9 (+9), Insight 7 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+7), Investigation 8 (+8), Perception 10 (+10), Persuasion 10 (+10), Sleight of Hand 5 (+5)

Powers
Above it all: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Reach Out: Senses 7 (Danger Sense: Touch, Extended: Touch 1: x10, Penetrates Concealment: Touch, Ranged: Touch)
TK Effects
. . Finesse: Perception Area Move Object 10 (25 tons, Advantages: Chokehold, Improved Hold; Perception Area: DC 20 - Reach Out, Insidious, Precise, Selective, Subtle: subtle; Reduced Range: close)
. . Offensive Defense: Deflect 12 (Advantages: Improved Critical 3, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break; Accurate 5: +10, Reflect, Subtle: subtle)
. . Thrust: Damage 10 (DC 25, Advantages: Accurate Attack, Follow Up Strik, Improved Critical 4, Power Attack, Takedown 2; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Range: ranged)
TK Shield: Enhanced Trait 17 (Traits: Dodge +5 (+12), Parry +5 (+12), Toughness +5 (+8), Advantages: Defensive Strike 2; Sustained; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +0
Finesse: Perception Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Thrust: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Accident: Broken Eggs: Doesn't really care what he puts in harms way.
Fame: Echo Chamber
Hatred: Causes: What am I supposed to hate today? Oh yeah, that thing.
Motivation: Attention: It's all about the attention and (nubile young) perks that come with it.
Secret: Abuser: People Want to be used and abused- just don't let the world know about it.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12/7, Parry 12/7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/3, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 68 + Advantages 23 + Skills 22 (66 ranks) + Defenses 31 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

The seamier side of activism. Devon really doesn't care for anything other than himself and the image he portrays. Source of powers is from a high energy project that would have gone safely enough if he hadn't disrupted things trying to show how unsafe it really was.
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Wow, having a problem with coming up with good personality concepts lately. I blame it entirely on being part of an organized play situation where there was nothing more than a collection of mechanical stats for way too long.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I really liked the pics for your mokolé. Offsets the simple stats from WoD.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thanks guys!
Spectrum

Re: Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Star Wars, 5 Exalted Manses

Post by Spectrum »

5 Exalted (2e) Manses

A project that I've been playing off and on with for years. Some are more developed than others, all are open to comments and suggestions.

Generous Grotto (Water 1)
Weaknesses: None
Powers: Comfort Zone, Well-Flavored Aspect
A beautiful undersea palace, perfect for lazily floating and enjoying life, great for the young dragonblooded looking to get away from it all. Those chosen by the owner can stay safely for as long as desired, physically Shaped so that they can breath the warm waters. Small schools of colorful fish flutter by, easily caught for a casual snack. A dim blue light radiates from pearls, enough for easy reading but also not too harsh. Relaxation is the key here.
Notes: Not much to say here, nice summer home for the obscenely privileged.

Arena of the Amazing Artists (Fire 2)
Weaknesses: Maintenance 3- weekly performances
Powers: Central Control, Glorious Halo, Sweet Whispers, Subtle Breath
Comprised of several tiers of sloped seats and covered with a domed ceiling, allowing from huge spectaculars to smaller intimate settings, depending upon performance needs. The Arena has long been known as a place for cultural shows, far ranging from being flooded and used for displays of naval artistry to smaller bawdy comedies. Events are held at least once per week but often far more often, being negligent in this causes the special effects to degrade, which in turn causes attendance to drop. The director can call upon graphical, auditory and environmental effects to set the right mood and to enhance the experience.
Note: The Colosseum or the Globe if they had advanced special effects and climate control. People can easily see through the experience but well.. what would be the fun in that? 1960s or 1980s could work depending on overall theme of the game.

Civilian Habitation Colony 13 (Earth 3)
Weaknesses: Maintenance 2- social experiments and taboos
Powers: Immutable, Magical conveniences, Network Node, Provider
As the Great Contagion burned across the land, millions died and the land itself fell back to Chaos. In a grasp of greed, a series of colonies were created and spaces were sold to those desperate to escape for their lives and those are their loved ones. Some of these shelters were truly built as safe holds for the future; others were social experiments, testing the limits of humanity; still more failed, the Great Contagion already inside before being sealed. For centuries, they have floated, bobbing, through potential, occasionally washing up on the shores of Creation.
Note: A long time ago, I was playing with the idea of mixing in Earthdawn kaers, dragonblooded and mountainfolk coming back to Creation. More recently, did a deep dive into Fallout videos, fascinated by the sadism of Vault-Tech. To play with themes, Blast from the Past and/or City of Embers work well. Should probably thematically be a lower level (and thus more common) manse, but the combination of provider and immutable drives it to a 3.

Garden of Heavenly Secrets (Sidereal 4, appears as Wood)
Weaknesses: Maintenance 4, Fragility 1
Powers: Bound servitor force, Geomantic subtlety, Provider, Puzzle manse, Subtle breath
The Garden is a playground for the debauched and jaded to enjoy themselves. It is most definitely not a training ground for a secretive society, for no such organization exists. The hosts and groundskeepers are there for the pleasure of the guests, not to learn secrets from intoxicated slips of the tongue, thought they can be found anywhere and at any time. It is only through the guests enjoying themselves to excess that they are unable to find clear paths through the gardens. Pleasures of the senses and the mind can be found most everywhere, many more potent than can be found elsewhere. From time to time, the inexperienced and foolish may have the occasional accident, some survive to learn the lesson, others.. do not. It is most certainly not the blame of the humble staff that do caution of excess.
Note: Yeah, I love the White Veil style. I've played around with this one for a while, just could never get the mechanics to work out. Making poisons and disease more dangerous without making them too dangerous is tricky. I like the idea of tying in the Virtues to resistance checks or to figuring out the puzzle, but that hurts Lunars and favors Fair folk too much. The Alnwick Garden in Northumberland is also an inspiration.

Instrument of Divine Manufacturing (Solar 5, First Age Version)
Weaknesses: Habitability 1, Maintenance 4
Powers: Bound servant force, Factory cathedral, Integrated utility artifacts (Hand of the Great Maker, PSV), Living, Regeneration
In the First Age, artifacts were commonplace, easily made and readily available. The Instrument was part of that golden era, easily creating many potent toys for its Twilight master. No task was to great, no schema too debauched, only the thrill of creation, the game of playing a god, was the motivation. The greatest challenge was in choosing which opportunity to take next.

The Forge (Solar 3, Second Age Version)
Weaknesses: Habitability 2, Hearth -1
Powers: Bound Servant Force, Living, Regeneration, Workshop Manse
Hidden deep in the Southern wilds works the greatest living daiklave forger (dragonblooded). Each one is a work of art, as near to perfection as can be found. They are highly sought after and held as family treasures. Yet, he knows that no matter how devoted he is to his craft, that his workplace is but a faint glimmer of what it once was. No matter the hardship of working in the blazing bonfire, the constant stinging vapors, the constant blaze of his elemental assistants, he is not worthy of being the true master of this place. He is but a safekeeper, until that time comes and his heart may truly see the potential of one worthy of this place.

Note: A two for one here, I really like the idea of a personal goal in a campaign to restore this place to its former glory and the horrible danger that represents. Of course, master katana crafters were an inspiration, but it really originated with Piandao from Avatar.

If you got this far, thank you! I'd love to hear what people think.
Spectrum

Re: Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Star Wars, 5 Exalted Manses

Post by Spectrum »

Brilliant Sapphire, Chosen of Serenity
The Disney Princess! Okay, okay, maybe more like Bell(e)dandy!

Original by Nardack, recolour by MicMicMickis

Motivation: *breaks into a musical number while the villagers look at her oddly, the word job can be heard frequently with longing*

Str 2, Dex 3, Sta 2
Cha 4, Man 3, App 4
Per 3, Int 4, Wits 2

Resistance (F) 3 , Ride (F) 3, Survival 2,
Dodge (C) 1, Linguistics (C) 2, Performance (C) 4, Socialize (C) 4
Archery (F) 2, Presence 4
Investigation (F) 3, Lore 3, Occult 2, Stealth 1
Awareness 2, Bureaucracy 2, Integrity 3, Martial Arts 2, Medicine 2

BGs: Acquaintances- a stall manager and friends 2, Ally- Mountain folk 1, Ally- 'Tramp' Lunar 1, Artifact- short power bow 2, Backing- Gold 1, Celestial Manse 1, Connections- Bureau of Humanity 1, Connections- 100 Kingdoms 2, Connections- Outlaws 1, Familiar- a small fluffy dog 2, Familiar- an above it all cat 2, Salary 1

Virtues: Compassion 5, Conviction 3, Temperance 2, Valor 2
Willpower 8, Essence 2 (Personal 12, Peripheral 27)

Colleges: Ewer 2, Pillar 2, Ship's Wheel 1, Treasure Trove 1, Rising Smoke 1

Charms:
Optimistic Security Practice- opponents w/ Essence below her Compassion (5) need to spend Willpower to attack
Ordained Bridle of Mercy- cast a lasso to find a short term animal companion
Breaking the Wild Mortal- cast a lasso to find a short term human companion
Adopting the Untamed Face- can communicate with a single animal
First Performance Excellency- Yes, you can sing. We all know it. Stop. Please stop. Can buy more dice
Second Socialize Excellency- Can buy successes
Heart-Brightening Presentation Style- pay a surcharge to use any Excellency with social abilities
Perfection of Life- Can perform to bless them with the feeling that they are where they should be.
Song of Spirit Persuasion- sing to make friends with spirits
Generalized Ammunition Technique- can turn anything into an arrow, like roses
Auspicious Prospects for Serenity- tell whom fate wishes to have joy, and how to achieve it
Compassion Essence Replenishment- act compassionate to regain fuel

Overall, a fun little attempt to make a Disney princess style Sidereal.
Last edited by Spectrum on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Star Wars, Exalted 2E

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat! Are all of those powers things from the actual Exalted game? Love the "Talk to Animals" power, though a TRUE Disney Princess can talk to NUMEROUS ones :).
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

For her 7 dots of in Colleges, you probably want to prioritize the constellation of the Ewer, since that governs destinies of "romantic pursuit, partnership based in affection and love of dreams", has correlations to, among other things: love, righteousness, idealism, dreams and fantasies, and the trappings include bearing flowers, being blissfully happy and in love with love and wearing their finest clothing to see their beloved (hello, elaborate princess dress).

The resplendent destinies of the Ewer can also be pretty Disney Princess-y: Sweet Flirtation Smile to be adorable, Snappy Banter Approach to be sassy. Frenzied Courtship Dodge allows for "living only for love while troubles get in the way of our marriage". Deactivate it when you are ready to get married/resume your duties as kung-fu wizard-bureaucrat of heaven.

Aside from the Ewer, other choice might depend on how you want it to go. The Ship's Wheel might fuel her "I want more" drives, or bless her chosen Prince to accomplish some arduous task. A Bookish princess like Bella might prefer the Treasure Trove.

The Pillar is also relevant due to the ties to royalty, ruling justly, friendship, family and so on. As a descending destiny, you can create your very own wicked stepmother XD

The Rising Smoke might seem a strange choice considering it is an Endings college, but the whole "end of transforming journeys" might be useful for the role of young, naive princess who learns some transformative lesson on her journey to marrying her prince (or princess. Or Gender-changing non-hostile-but-weird demon. This is Exalted, after all)

For a general Disney Princess, and since the rest of her sheet is not min-maxed at all, maybe something like: Ewer 3, Pillar 2, Ship's Wheel 2
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thank you danelsan! Your explanation made a ton of sense and further inspired more character development. I have ideas for a 'Tramp' Lunar exalted and a Mountainfolk Worker (dwarf) that I'm working on. Thank you again!
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:28 am Neat! Are all of those powers things from the actual Exalted game? Love the "Talk to Animals" power, though a TRUE Disney Princess can talk to NUMEROUS ones :).
True, very true. However, as far as I can see, there aren't any Charms that allow for that. There are several different kinds of Exalted, each with their own little protected thematic niche. I'll see what I can do to include that in the "Tramp" character.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Catching up!

I've been giving a lot of thought about running a original World of Darkness game lately. I think that it would be a lot of fun. On the other hand, been dealing with never ending medical drama. Wonderful players might be cool with me dropping out for long periods of time but I'm not okay with it.

I have a few builds that I've been working around with for the setting:

I keep playing around with trying to take Neotropolis characters and move them over to oWoD since the setting was inspired by Mage and Changeling.

Vampire:
The Prince would be an elder Toreador with a fascination with architecture and urban design. She doesn't sing or paint she creates buildings and cities. Been playing with a female daVinci vibe there. Alternatively, she's a Brujah focused on the tired New Carthage concept.

Nosferatu Primogen- closer to a secondary/alternate underPrince that rarely comes above ground. Has taken in all of the 'uglies' that forwhatever reason would be walking Masquerade breaches if they were above ground, including some exotics.

A Nosferatu software designer that has created a dating app/social media platform that is popular amongst the Ventrue (that have to be particular in their feeding habits) for keeping track of potential food sources.

A Nosferatu shock rocker. If bands like Lordi, Slipknot, Buckethead, etc can develop reputations for never appearing outside their costumes, why can't a Nosferatu? Yeah, of course he's an ugly son of a bitch, that's just his onstage persona. Riiiiiiiight.

Marco Rodriquez- bad dude that went to prison for many years but made the changes to himself to live a better life. He gets old, tries to reconnect with the grown up daughter he never knew, get an above board job, deal with his parole officer BUT gets sucked into the vampire world due to his previous positive impact on his prison mates and lessons in controlling anger.

Werewolf:
Too many undeveloped ideas running around that none have really surfaced. I would like to explore the wronged spouse of our previously discussed Prince at some point.

Mage
Akashic- I've been really tempted to build a character based on my awesome RL Physical Trainer/Therapist that has been so helpful this last year. Creepy much?

Wraith- I've been waiting for them to release the 20th anniversary edition and have been sorely disappointed now that it's out. I'd have to refer to a lot of my old books to make things work.

****** (Giovanni)- a hidden agent on the dead side of things for the family of vampire Necromancers. Old concept that I've bounced around since my vLARP days.