Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Star Wars, Exalted 2E

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Spectrum's Dusty Shelf- WoD20, Star Wars, Exalted 2E

Post by Spectrum »

A collection to put my builds. Sometimes they will be M&M, other times they will be for obscure systems that nobody's heard of :)

Amber
Character creation notes

Buff the Vampire Slayer, Revised
Monica "Raven" Wallace

Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition
"Jack"

Exalted
Five Manses
Brilliant Sapphire

Fantastic Empires
Wolven Majordomo

F.A.T.A.L.
brief and incomplete chargen walkthrough

Fates Worse Than Death
Anna

Mutants and Masterminds
Nenia
Professor Hermes Edmonson
Runt
Warpcore

Pathfinder
Sicia

Star Wars
Kaiya Asiedu

old World of Darkness

Changeling 20
Rose Maye
Unnamed Slaugh concept

Mage 20
Pauline Lucas

Vampire 20
Donald Washington

Werewolf 20
Hits Like Garbage Truck
Vasily Petrovich Dashkov
"John Doe", "The Sewer Monster", "Oh God, What is th... *crunch*"

Wraith
Last edited by Spectrum on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 am, edited 11 times in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Re: Spectrum's Dusty Shelf

Post by Spectrum »

System: Fates Worse Than Death
Level: starting

Anna
Gang: Animalist (Well)
Ideals: Crazy Daredevil, Dependable Friend, Knuckle Down
Worldviews: Distraction, Fate, Scared

Attributes
AGY 13
AWR 10
CHM 20
END 11
INL 10
SPD 10
STH 8
WIL 14

Resistances
BDY 4
BLD 4
INCY 4

Skills
Hold Breath (1) 18
Running (1) 14
Prowl (2) 21
Animal training (1) 24
Light sleep (1) 14
Seduction (2) 28+8
Pain resistance (1) 18
City knowledge (2) 18

Animal defense (2)
Animal survival (2) 22
Animal sensitivity (2) 18
Animal rage (1) 18
Animal sexuality (1) 24
Animal sympathy (2) 28

Advantages: childhood on the streets, physically attractive: major
Disadvantages: unemployed, animalist addiction, former concubine, gang probation, perv bait

COSTS: ATTRIB 16, SKILLS 2, ADS 11, DISADS -29, TOTAL 0

Combat: (d20 vs)
Init 28
Drop -13
Jump -8
Blinding strike -3
Slash -8
Vital strike (bladed) 0

Basic history: Rather than being cooped up in the VR world that her mother was addicted to, young Anna spend time outdoors, exploring The City and meeting people. Unfortunately, the beautiful young girl caught the attention of the wrong person and was kidnapped and sold to a wealthy Hunter. There, she was used as a toy for the Hunter's pack of hunting dogs and quickly learned to bond with them. One day, the pack didn't come home. Then another and another. Starving, Anna escaped back into The City. There, she has formed an probationary relationship with the Animalists gang and is desperately trying to prove herself. Unfortunately, she has traded one addiction for another, the enslavement of the Hunter and the unthinking simplicity of the lifestyle.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Runt - PL 10

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 10, Presence 7

Advantages
Attractive 2, Benefit, Status: Assistance dog, Benefit, Status: Temple dog, Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical 4: Unarmed, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Tracking

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+6), Deception 3 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+10), Persuasion 3 (+10)

Powers
Four legged: Movement 2 (Slithering, Sure-footed 1)
Hardy: Immunity 3 (Critical Hits, Environmental Condition: Cold)
Holy: Enhanced Trait 4 (Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Limited: Creatures of Darkness)
Rolling thunder: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Small ankylosaur: Growth 3 (+3 STR, +3 STA, +1 Intimidate, -3 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +3 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Solid (Saving Throw: Toughness; Impervious)
Temple Guardian: Senses 4 (Accurate: Hearing, Detect: Creature of Darkness 1, Ranged: Detect)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Complications
Disability: No Hands
Enemy: Creatures of Darkness
Motivation: Doing Good
Prejudice
Relationship: Wuff

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 92 + Powers 28 + Advantages 16 + Skills 5 (9 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Warpcore

Images from an issue of Legion of Super Heroes

1st panel: Soft pastels, colorful angels or fairies dancing, playing and loving in a field of dancing flames. It is Paradise, light and energy playing and being beautiful. In the center of the image, a man of warm colors gazing tenderly into the eyes of a woman of cooler colors. Love

2nd panel: Much darker colors, lots of blacks and reds. The angels attempt to run and hide. Thick heavy shadows stand firmly, the outlines of heavy rifles held in their hands. None of the angels are attempting to fight, only to escape. Further in the picture are the angels thrown into torturous looking cages. Terror

3rd panel: A space navy port, a legion of starships flying in every direction. Subdued auras dance across their hulls. A careful gaze will see the same colors of the angels in each aura. The heaviest looking ship has the color of the male.

4th panel: The heavy warship in the foreground, firing down upon a once beautiful planet, full of life, now shattering and breaking apart. Death.

5th panel: A hallway, a half dozen of the dark heavy shadows disintegrating, falling apart.

6th panel: A starport, a half dozen of the warships disintegrating from an attack by the heavy warship, the auras fleeing but unharmed.

7th panel: Much like the first panel, a field of flames, the angels now have their turned back to our protagonist, shunning.

8th panel: The Legion flying out to meet the heavy warship

9th panel: The Legion meeting with the protagonist

10th panel: That familiar aura now presented against a Science Police cruiser.

Warpcore - PL 12

Strength 0, Stamina 10, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Eidetic Memory, Evasion 2, Favored Environment: Space, Holding Back, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 10 (+10), Athletics 10 (+10), Expertise: Bridge officer 12 (+12), Insight 5 (+5), Investigation 10 (+10), Perception 10 (+10)

Powers
Energy Projection
. . Broad blast: Line Area Damage 12 (DC 27; Line Area 2: 5 feet wide by 60 feet long, DC 22)
. . Burst: Burst Area Damage 12 (DC 27; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, DC 22)
. . Enhance capability: Summon 12 (Controlled, Type (General): Machines; Limited: Available Subjects)
. . Machine Integration
. . . . Control machines: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Concentration, Cumulative; Limited: limited to technology, Limited: affects objects only)
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Technology +18 (+18), Vehicles +18 (+18), Advantages: Improved Critical 2, Skill Mastery, Skill Mastery)
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Close Combat +12 (+12))
. . . . Modulation: Comprehend 2 (Machines / Electronics)
. . Point Defense System: Deflect 12 (Increased Range: perception, Reflect)
. . Precise attack
. . . . Blast: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged, Precise)
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 11 (Traits: Ranged Combat +12 (+12), Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Critical, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover))
Language Absorption: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All; Limited: Requires Physical Contact)
Tamaran
. . Healing Rays: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds; Limited: Sunlight)
. . Immunity: Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep; Limited: Requires UV Radiation)
. . Phased: Movement 3 (Permeate 3: full speed, Advantages: Evasion 2, Uncanny Dodge)
. . Shining Skin: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
Thrust: Flight 15 (Speed: 64000 miles/hour, 120 miles/round)
. . FTL: Movement 3 (Alternate; Space Travel 3: other galaxies; Increased Mass 18, Portal)
. . Warp Portal: Teleport 7 (Alternate; 0.5 miles in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Change Direction, Change Velocity, Portal)
Wideband awareness: Senses 4 (Infravision, Radio, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)

Offense
Initiative +8
Blast: Damage 12, +0 (DC 27)
Broad blast: Line Area Damage 12 (DC 27)
Burst: Burst Area Damage 12 (DC 27)
Control machines: Concentration Cumulative Affliction 12, +0 (DC Will 22)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Flashbacks: The cruel deeds that his slavers did upon him and those that they forced him to do.
Hatred: The ****, those that would enslave
Motivation: Doing Good
Relationship: Shunned by his people for turning to violence he is no longer accepted among them.
Responsibility: Member of the Science Police

Languages
Rann

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 10, Toughness 12, Will 14

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 98 + Advantages 7 + Skills 19 (57 ranks) + Defenses 38 = 182

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Nenia - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 5, Awareness 10, Presence -1

Advantages
Benefit: Burglar, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Favored Foe: the Dead, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Quick Intimidation, Redirect, Skill Mastery: Athletics, Skill Mastery: Intimidation, Skill Mastery: Investigation, Speed of Thought, Startle, Takedown 2, Trance, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+6), Athletics 5 (+8), Expertise: Occult 1 (+6), Intimidation 11 (+10), Investigation 3 (+8), Sleight of Hand 8 (+8), Stealth 3 (+8), Treatment 1 (+6)

Powers
Chilling touch: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 24; Accurate 3: +6)
Ectoplasmic armor: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Sustained; Noticeable: images of death)
Fluid movement
. . Can't outrun death: Speed 4 ([0 active, 0/4 PP, 1/r], Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
. . Skeletal wings: Flight 4 ([0 active, 0/4 PP, 1/r], Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Wings)
. . Stuttered movement: Movement 2 ([0 active, 0/4 PP, 2/r], Slithering, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
Gravemists: Environment 1 (Cold, Impede Movement (2 ranks), Visibility (-5), Radius: 30 feet)
Howling winds: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Dodge +5 (+12), Parry +5 (+12); Sustained; Noticeable: Howling winds)
Judgement: Luck Control 1 (Force a Re-roll)
Necromantic Cantrips: Feature 1 (Variable Descriptor: close group - Minor necomantic magics)
Of Two Worlds
. . Death Sight: Senses 8 (Postcognition, Precognition; Limited: Visions of death and decay)
. . Sight beyond the Veil: Senses 0 (Dimensional: dimension - Shadowlands)
. . The Dead Speak to Me: Comprehend 1 (Spirits - Communicate; Narrow Type: Ghosts)
Reach across the Mists (Dimensional: dimension - Shadowlands)

Offense
Initiative +13
Chilling touch: Strength-based Damage 6, +11 (DC 24)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +0 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 18)

Complications
Disability: Permanent Deathsight: She sees as the Dead do, death, destruction and decay. Hard to see the world of the Living that way.
Disability: Shyness: Painfully shy in mundane identity. Only costumed does she have confidence.
Disability:: Dead Broke: Not like the clients can pay...
Enemy: the Hierarchy: The Shroud must be protected from the Living
Motivation: Mobbed: The Restless know of her and ask favors in the land of the Quick.
Phobia: Large Bodies of Water

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12/7, Parry 12/7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 48 + Advantages 25 + Skills 11 (33 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 155

Dead men tell no tales.
But.. they do if you’re listening. Trying really hard to listen.
I can’t get them to shut up.

Umm, hi. I'm Sandy Harrison.

I was always a little bit different. Weird, and not in a good way. Morbid. People say that their dead relatives gives them words of encouragement from beyond the grave. Most of them are lying, to themselves or to other people. My parents were worried when I said that my grandma talked to me. I learned the lie the other way, that I couldn’t talk to dead people. I also never told them about my well… my friends that weren’t imaginary.

School was lonely until I met Kelly. She understood me. I connected to her more than anyone else. It was so special. We were on the pier, hanging out, smiling and laughing. She asked me to do a Tarot reading for her. She wanted to see what her future lie in store for her. I laid out the cards for her and was dismayed what I saw. It wasn’t love in her future, it was death. Before I could tell her, a car drove out and some guys from school jumped out. One of them held me so that I couldn’t fight. The other laughed as he threw Kelly into the bay. He said that he wanted to see if witches could swim. I tried to fight them off, yelling that Kelly couldn’t swim… but neither could I. I watched her drown before me. With her last gasp she made me promise that I would get back at them.

It took a lot of work, a lot of training, but six months later I did. They would never hurt anyone, on this side, again. I turned away and Kelly said goodby as she walked into the light. She was gone, her purpose ended. Since then, I’ve become popular in the Shadowlands. Sometimes what they ask me to do is easy. Other times, it’s a lot harder. I’ve attracted some bad attention from that side too. Seems that the powers that be don’t like the Dead and the Quick keeping company. They’re after me, I know it’s just a matter of time before they bring me to their side.

Until then, I’m helping the Dead when I can. It doesn’t exactly pay the bills though.

Would you like fries with that?

Inspired by Raven's Story from Twisted Metal Black.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Roles: archaeologist and (supernatural) technician.

Professor Hermes Edmonson - PL 7

Strength 1, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 6, Awareness 7, Presence 0

Advantages
Artificer, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Occult, Speed of Thought, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 7 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+6), Expertise: Archaeology 6 (+12), Expertise: Occult 9 (+15), Investigation 4 (+10), Perception 1 (+8), Ranged Combat: Magic blast: Damage 7 7 (+7), Technology 1 (+7), Treatment 1 (+7)

Powers
Amulet of Health (Removable)
. . Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
. . Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
Bag of tricks: Variable 1 (Action 2: free; Quirk 3: limited to 2 ep or less)
Cantrips: Feature 1 (Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Minor magics)
Scrolls of the Ancients: Quickness 9 (Perform routine tasks in -9 time ranks; Limited to One Task: design process)
Smiting staff (Easily Removable)
. . Magic blast: Damage 7 (DC 22; Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - energy types)
. . Magic shield: Deflect 7 (Reflect)
Well read: Comprehend 4 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Spirits - Communicate; Broad Type: obscure languages)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 11)
Magic blast: Damage 7, +7 (DC 22)
Throw, +0 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 16)

Complications
Enemy: Nazi scum!
Enemy: Occult enemies
Obsession: Secrets of the Past
Prejudice: Those Fools!
Responsibility: Professor

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 30 + Advantages 8 + Skills 14 (42 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 105

Professor Edmonson comes from a Pulp inspired shard of reality. There he has gone on many adventures, oft with contradictory details, across the world into places that no civilized man would dare to go! When he has returned to his professor role at UCLA he is often met with derision. Such adventures could not possibly be true and how dare he waste his funding in such frivolous ways?! But he knows the Truth that many things are far more mysterious than they can imagine and suspects his colleagues of not taking their own jobs seriously enough. Now in a much more futuristic world, he has a whole new set of mysteries of the ancients to explore!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

"Jack"
System: D&D 5th ed

Race Half elf
Class Warlock- Archfey lvl 1
Background Entertainer
Alignment CG

Str 8 (-1) Dex 15 (+2) Con 10 (0) Int 12 (+1) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 17 (+3)

AC 13 Init +2 Speed 30 Hp 8

Abilities: Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, Fey Presence
Skills: acrobatics (+4), deception (+5), investigation (+3), performance (+5), sleight of hand (+4), stealth (+4)

Magic
save DC 13 attack +5

Cantrips: eldritch blast, prestidigitation
1st charm person

Equipment: 2x daggers, club, quarterstaff, disguise kit, 1 musical instrument, arcane focus, dungeoneer's pack, leather armor, crossbow (+20 bolts), 1 health potion

A character that I recently played in an official D&D game. I didn't have much time to actually *gasp* develop a character personality to go along with the obligatory mechanics. What I do have is a fun idea inspired by Changeling the Lost. "Jack" was a young man that went off to join a travelling circus, fascinated with the colorful and peculiar. However, he did not know just how peculiar it was, being a front for the Archfey to bring back pawns for their entertainment. Now, "Jack" has returned to the Prime Material plane as an envoy of his otherworldly masters.

Further levels: Mechanically, seeing the character spending a lot of choices on becoming a better sniper with eldritch blast, more range, more damage, etc.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woo! Spectrum builds! I'll have to post here just to get regular updates about this thread :).
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Yay! Lots of characters I've been building up. Time to get them done.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I'm going to have to get a copy of 5E eventually.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sicia
System: Pathfinder, PFS- Ultimate Equipment, Unchained, Advanced PG, Traits, Advanced Race
ID 272075-1
Unchained Monk (4 Winds archetype) Level 2
Human (Dual Talent)

Str 10 (0) Dex 18 (+4) Con 14 (+2) Int 10 (0) Wi 16 (+3) Cha 10 (0)
Hp 20 AC 17 (21*) Touch Flat Footed Init +6 Spd 30
Fort 5 Reflex 7 Will 3
BAB +2 CMB 5 CMD 16

Unarmed Combat (flurry) +6/+6 Crit x2 Dmg 1d6
Rope Dart +6/+6 Crit x 2, 1d4 range 20 traits: blocking, distracting

Acrobatics +9, Climb +4, Diplomacy +5, Escape Artist +8, Perception +7, Profession: Courtesan +7, Sense Motive +7, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8

Feats: Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrows, Elemental Fist, Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Finesse

Class abilities: Flurry of blows, Evasion

Traits: Reactionary, Calsistran Courtesan

Equipment: rope dart, masterwork backpack, monk's outfit, wand of mage armor*

Gold: 907
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Shock wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:38 am I'm going to have to get a copy of 5E eventually.
I would recommend it. It got me back into D&D again after 4E almost drove me off. I'm not as high on it at the moment, but I've played it a lot and I'm probably just bored. I've been playing a Monk for a couple of years and I'm just about at the dive into the dragon's mouth point so I can roll up something else. ;)

Nice to see you posting all this different stuff, Spectrum. Looking forward to more good stuff.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Despite collecting too much 3.x and now Pathfinder, I've never been a huge fan of D&D. Part of it is the whole concept of races, classes and levels- what do you mean I can't fully customize my character?! There is also some prejudices that I have against the concept. The system (and some generations are more difficult than others) seems to make ROLE playing a secondary thought to a glorified wargame. 5th in particular struck me as a tabletop MMORPG- I was already deeply dependent upon WoW at the time, did I really need more?

Playing in large organized games is also a bit of a culture shock. On one hand, they are even more heavily invested in mechanics over personalities (most of the time character names don't come up much less motivations). On the other, it's a way for me to have some much needed social interaction outside of work and family and a chance to let my nerd flag fly.
Shock

Post by Shock »

To be fair, this is what D&D evolved from

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Speaking of favorite game systems; Fantastic Empires stands out as one of my favorites. For many years, it was our group's homebrewed game of choice and is now somewhere in the process of being published. Mechanics at the core are pretty simple, 3d6+trait+skill against a difficulty. Traits range from 1-10 with anything above a 7 getting very expensive. Skills don't have a cap but become more expensive the higher they go. The setting is where it really glows though- picking from real world cultures at their most dramatic and placing them all on the same continent. Mayaztecan night elves, Romanesque necromancer wolfmen (Wolven), merchant prince quadruped catfolk (Myr'Shon), the list goes on. Lots of fun!

I've been playing around with this concept for a while. With the Wolven having so much exposure to the undead and necromancy- what about a butler/majordomo that handled the house's undead workforce for their master? Elegant, genteel and able to maintain the household zombies? The archetype, out of the box, is on the less powerful side- no sword swinging armored warrior here BUT there is a scary potential with experience as he shifts his management skills towards managing military units of the undead and casting a nasty black invocation of his own.

Archetype: Wolven Majordomo
System: Fantastic Empires

Race: Wolven
Magic: Partial (Necromancer)

Traits:
Strength 3, Dexterity 3, Stamina 6, Pips 30, Soak 0
Intelligence 6, Wits 5, Resolve 7, Pips 35, Soak 0
Presence 6, Grace 5, Spirit 4, Pips 29, Soak 0

Actions 2

Skills:
Arcane Lore 3, Specialty: Necromancy 3
Insight 3
Leadership 3, Speciality: Managing Household 2
Necromancy 5, Specialties: Create Undead 3, Control Undead 3
Mercantilism 3, Specialty: Household Finance 2
Language: Myr'Shon 2, Speciality: Business 2