Builds from Accounting (Infinity War - Updates, Captain Marvel)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Marvel Trinity, Spider-Man, Flash)

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Would the extra Ranged on Strength and the flaw No Damage, for a net +0 modifier, be free then? I imagine it would have to cost at least one point.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 2:24 am Would the extra Ranged on Strength and the flaw No Damage, for a net +0 modifier, be free then? I imagine it would have to cost at least one point.
I think it'd cost half-points (so 14 ranks for 7 points or whatever). Though we're into a bit of a weird territory by making any base Ability Ranged, so I could be wrong. But I'd think half-points would be fair if you couldn't use it at range.
Bill from Accounting

I was trying to avoid anything that wasn't RAW for these PCs, but would something like Strength-based Move Object be acceptable? So a character with Strength-based Move Object 0 could use their base Strength at range, but unlike normal Move Object, the character can't use the effect if they are restrained and is reduce by effects that weaken Strength. And since the power rank is 0, it would cost 0 points?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 3:47 am I was trying to avoid anything that wasn't RAW for these PCs, but would something like Strength-based Move Object be acceptable? So a character with Strength-based Move Object 0 could use their base Strength at range, but unlike normal Move Object, the character can't use the effect if they are restrained and is reduce by effects that weaken Strength. And since the power rank is 0, it would cost 0 points?
Technically, you're not supposed to have a 0 rank power. The RAW states the least has to be 1 pt per 3 ranks. I didn't like the Move Object at first either, but after some minor testing with it, it really does feel fairly accurate to how her lasso work is portrayed. But if you're looking for a cheaper option, the ranged on Strength is probably the best way to go.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Flash, Updates, Green Lantern)

TO: Echoes of the Multiverse
SUBJECT: Update Log 1
DATE: 5/13/17

Wonder Woman: Magic Lasso reworked; Move Object replaced with Increased Range on Strength and some advantages at the higher Power Levels. Truth Affliction changed to Grab-based. An extra rank of Power-Lifting has been added across all Power Levels to put her lifting strength closer to the likes of Thor and Superman. Invisible Jet vehicle added to all Power Levels.
Spider-Man: Web Tether has been reworked for the same reason the Magic Lasso was. Move Object replaced with Increased Range on Strength and some advantages.
Captain America: Strength at PL 12 dropped from 6 to 5. An extra rank of Close Attack and Ranged Attack were added to put his attack caps back at PL 12. Added a rank of Athletics, putting it at the +12 it was before, and Expertise: Tactics.
Green Lantern: Has been added!
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter)

And so with the addition of Aquaman and Martian Manhunter, the original Justice League is complete!
Skaramine

Re: Builds from Accounting (Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter)

Post by Skaramine »

Loving your PL10 J'onn.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Wasp)

Thank you very much.

Moving on now to the original Avengers. Decided to start small.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Builds from Accounting (Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Wasp)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

The Wasp! Always glad to see the Best Avenger get some attention. The only thing I can think of for critique is that her Deception doesn't look high enough to make much use of Redirect and Set-Up. Other than that, great build!

Oh and there are other characters too, I guess. Nobody really cares about Superman and Batman, though, am I right?
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Justice League, Wasp, Hulk)

TO: Echoes of the Multiverse
SUBJECT: Update Log 2
DATE: 5/28/17

Green Lantern: Movable added to the Create effect of Hal's Force Bubble, and the Create rank was reduced to stay at the same points.
Thor: Groundstrike has been reworked to make better use of the points available, and to match the Shockwave power in the Strength Power Profile.
Superman: Super Breath's ranks have been increased at Power Levels 12 and 14 to meet the caps.
Wasp: Deception has been increased a small amount at both Power Levels. Strength gained from Mass Compaction reduced to +2, and Wasp Sting increased to Damage 7 at Power Level 10.
Hulk: Has been added!
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Wasp, Hulk, Nightwing)

So after taking a long break from builds, I was going to do Ant-Man first. Then I switched to Black Panther. And finally I settled on Nightwing, who has now been added.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Hulk, Nightwing, Doctor Strange)

Another long break. Good thing the doctor is in.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Builds from Accounting (Hulk, Nightwing, Doctor Strange)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Happens to the best of the us. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Doctor Strange, Black Widow, Hawkeye)

Just in time for the Justice League movie, we've got... more Avengers! Black Widow and Hawkeye added.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cyborg)

Cyborg added. I'm considering adding a PL 8 version for use in a more teen-hero level game, but for now I'll stick with a standard PL 10 and a PL 12 so that he can hang with all the other PL 12 League members.