Builds from Accounting (Infinity War - Updates, Captain Marvel)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SHIELD Analyst 44

Re: Builds from Accounting (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cyborg)

Post by SHIELD Analyst 44 »

Definite praise for the excellent layout of the PDFs listed in the very first post, well-done Bill. I haven't yet looked at the builds themselves, but immediately felt the need to acknowledge such positive effort.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cyborg)

Post by Bill from Accounting »

SHIELD Analyst 44 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 pm Definite praise for the excellent layout of the PDFs listed in the very first post, well-done Bill. I haven't yet looked at the builds themselves, but immediately felt the need to acknowledge such positive effort.
Thank you very much!

Black Panther has now been added. I couldn't decide on capping him at PL 11 or 12, so I did a build for each. In addition, I'll be going back to update older builds, starting with the DC Trinity. An overview of the changes:

- Superman: Dropped ranks in Awareness and Presence to make points for Power-Lifting and Advantages.
- Wonder Woman: Dropped ranks in Flight, shifted Defenses into the Amazonian Shield, and gave the Bracelets ranks in Deflect.
- Batman: Dropped ranks in Presence to make points for Intimidation, Investigation, and Stealth. Updated the Thermite so it more closely matches the plastic explosive listed in the handbook.

More updates and builds to come!
Jabroniville

Re: Builds from Accounting (Cyborg, DC Trinity Updates, Black Panther)

Post by Jabroniville »

Black Panther is so weird, because if you read the Don McGregor stuff (the "Iconic", post-'60s Panther), he's a PL 9 if he's LUCKY. But ever since the 1990s, he's been upgraded and upgraded until he's absolutely on the "Cap" tier.

Not that I DISAGREE, mind you- why WOULDN'T the top guy of the world's most high-tech nation be PL 11-12? But it's kind of a weird disconnect from the "Gritty comics where two guys with guns and tear gas are a deadly threat" to modern-day "he can whup a high-end agent of Thanos".
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (DC Trinity Updates, Black Panther, Shazam)

I liked it better when this next guy was called Captain Marvel, but... Shazam has been added.

Considered capping him at PL 12, since with PL 14 and the points available he starts edging out Superman which I didn't like. But I figured someone might get some use out of it, so PL 10, 12, and 14 are included.
Ken

Re: Builds from Accounting (DC Trinity Updates, Black Panther, Shazam)

Post by Ken »

Actually, his powers look more like Captain Marvel (except for the Lightning Blast) even if you used the craptacular "Za -Sham" visual design.

Shazam is an old, dead, Canaanite who looks like Christopher Lee's version of Saruman.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Road to Infinity War - Guardians of the Galaxy)

Hey everyone, I've got some bad news. It turns out that I am actually NOT a good accountant, and so our build department had to file for bankruptcy. Fortunately, we got bought out by Disney, but I am now contractually obligated to produce builds for characters featured in the MCU. So get ready to ooga your chakas as we start with the Guardians of the Galaxy: Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora, and Drax have all been added.

Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Spider-Man have all received small tweaks. On the list to get builds are War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Falcon, Winter Soldier, and Ant Man.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Road to Infinity War - Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier)

I may be sick of winter, but I still like the newest addition. Winter Solider has been added.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Road to Infinity War - GotG, Winter Soldier, Vision, Falcon)

Falcon and Vision have been added! I'm not super happy with Falcon right now, and may take another run at him in the next couple of days. Any thoughts about where I might be able to trim fat or bring him closer to caps are appreciated.
Jabroniville

Re: Builds from Accounting (Road to Infinity War - GotG, Winter Soldier, Vision, Falcon)

Post by Jabroniville »

Hm, with Falcon, I'd probably boost his accuracy and drop hitting power. I never shave down characters anymore, so unfortunately I can't help much on the "shrinking things down" way.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Road to Infinity War - Winter Soldier, Vision, Falcon, War Machine)

Updated Falcon like I thought I would. Changed his Falcon Talons to Equipment to open up points in more important areas, like his Avian Telepathy and making Redwing a proper Sidekick.

Also, War Machine added.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Builds from Accounting (Road to Infinity War - Winter Soldier, Vision, Falcon, War Machine)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Good stuff, Bill. I'm glad to see the Accounting Department is continuing to show its value. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Road to Infinity War - War Machine, Giant-Man, Nick Fury)

Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to your PC builds!

Ant-Man (Hank Pym) has been added; I may do Scott Lang sometime soon. Also, Nick Fury, complete with his own Helicarrier.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Infinity War - Giant-Man, Nick Fury, Mantis)

It's been a while since my last build, but it was worth the wait; this new character kicks names and takes ass. Mantis has been added. My current to-do is

Update: Black Panther, Black Widow, Wasp, Hawkeye, Doctor Strange

New: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Followed by moving on to more DC builds.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Builds from Accounting (Infinity War - Giant-Man, Nick Fury, Mantis)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Nice stuff, Bill. Infinity War certainly gets one in the Marvel mood for sure.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Infinity War - Updates, Captain Marvel)

Black Panther, Black Widow, and Doctor Strange all got some build tweaks. Captain Marvel added!