Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MisterB

M1 Universe :: Dr. Stacks and the Power Scales

Post by MisterB »

Dr. Mathew Stack (PL 8 /170pp)
Identity: Public, Profession: Meta Human Scientist, Power Classification: I3, Marital Status: Married, Place of Birth: Seattle, Washington, Family: Jonathan Stack (father, deceased), Glenda Stack (Mother, deceased), Jenna Stack (Wife), Tammy Stack (Daughter); Age: 45, Height: 5'8", Weight: 175 lbs, Eyes: Black, Hair: Salt & Pepper

Abilities [48pp]: Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 10, Awareness 8, Presence 2

Defenses [8pp]: Dodge 4/0, Parry 6/2, Fortitude 3, Willpower 13, Toughness 12/0

Offenses: Initiative +0, Unarmed +2 (dc 15), Paralyzer Gun +6 (dc 20 affliction)

Skills [32pp]: Deception 8 (10), Expertise: Biology 8 (18), Expertise: Genetics 8 (18), Insight 2 (10), Investigation 8 (+16), Perception 10 (18), Persuasion 8 (10), Technology 8 (18), Treatment 4 (14)

Advantages [23pp]: Benefit (Head of the MHRA, Security Clearance), Benefit (Wealth 3), Contacts, Equipment 8, Inventor, Languages 1 (English, Spanish), Luck 2, Ranged Combat 4, Skill Mastery: Expertise (Genetics), Well - Informed

Powers [59pp]:
Meta Human Genius: Quickness 6 (Mental Tasks Only) · 3pp
Bio Scanner (Removable, -4) · 6pp
· Senses 8 (Detect Weaknesses [Analytical, Extended, Radius], Detect Powers [Analytical, Acute, Extended, Radius])
· Enhanced Advantages: Assessment, Eidetic Memory
Paralyzer Gun (Removable, -6) · 24pp
· Affliction 10 (Ranged, Extra Condition; Dazed/Hindered-Stunned/Immobile-Paralyzed)
Shield Generator (Removable, -6) · 26pp
· Forcefield: Protection 12 (Sustained, Impervious) + Active Defenses +4

Equipment [34ep]: Cell Phone, HQ: Stately Manor, Laptop Computer, PDA, Vehicle: Armored Car

Complication:
Motivation: Responsibility. Mathew’s motivation is the responsibility to use his Meta Intelligence for the betterment of man kind.
Fame: Mathew is in the spotlight quite a bit, seeing he is the premier expert on Meta Human abilities and physiology.
Relationship: Mathew loves his wife dearly.

Builder's Notes:
Mathew Stack is the head of MHRA (The Meta human Research Agency), which is based in Seattle Washington. He is perhaps the most important person in Meta Human Culture, and with the Government. Since he is who the government, goes to about Meta Human problems. It was Mathew Stack himself who began to nail down the origins of the Meta Human, which is due to a genetic anomaly which he calls the "Quantum" Strand. His current project is to come up with a way of nullifying this genetic anomaly, which has proven perhaps too much for him at the moment. But also makes him a target of any meta human powered villain out there, and any paranoid/conspiracy theorist heroes.

This character changed alot in 3E, no minions feat or the Gadget power even though i could have simulated them. I chose not to take the Minion Advantage, because it appears it does not work the way it used to. THere is no progression for the number of minions within the Advantage. So you have to purcahse each minion seperately. Over all, as i have always said. Simpler is better. And i was actually able to beef up the character a little in the conversion. I had actually considered taking him up 2 more power levels, and i still might. We will just have to see.
Millennium Verse Power Categories
In the Millennium Verse, governments and scientists categories metahumans on a scale of 1-7, with a corresponding Letter Code before the Class. . This scale is called the Stack Method, named after the scientist who helped first categorize the metahuman standard back in 1997. Mathew Stack, is perhaps the most intelligent man on the planet. Being a meta human himself, his intellect goes towards genetic and metahuman potential.

The Power Scale
Class 1 “Meta Babies”
The Lowest rung of the ladder. These meta-human are indistinguishable from normal humans. And barely have any gifts or powers worth noting. But can be a danger to the average citizen. (PL 3-4)

Class 2 “Gifted”
Those Meta Humans rated a Class 7 are considered low powered, but a nuisance by anyone’s standards. Their powers start to make them a danger to society. At this point Class 7 Metahumans, can usually be a danger for most skilled humans. (PL 5-6)

Class 3 “Superior”
These meta humans have potential, and powers worth something. Those metahumans who are class 6, are considered your low powered average. But are a danger to trained military forces. Class 6 Metahumans make up the majority of the super humans found. (PL 7-8)

Class 4 “Meta Class”
These Meta Humans are your average “super humans”, their powers make them something to fear. And are a danger to other super humans. (PL 9-10)

Class 5 “Alpha Class”
These Meta Humans are well above average, at this point there is little normal technology can do against them. They are so powerful by this point, heavy military has a hard time putting one down. These super heroes can start extending their powers beyond the planet earth. (PL 11-12)

Class 6 “Omega Class”
These Meta Humans are top notch super heroes, and pose a danger to most world powers. At this point there is little that earthly powers can do (save nuclear ordinances), not without some serious meta human back up. These meta‘s are extremely powerful, and what most might consider “almost“ cosmic in power. (PL 13-15)

Class 7 “Zeta Class”
These meta humans classify as the cosmic beings we are used to seeing in comic books, Thor, magneto, etc. They have world shattering powers that can threaten the planet itself, and beyond. These beings can stretch their powers to other places, and alternate dimensions. (PL 16+)

Power Codes:
Type P: “Power house” The P Code represents meta humans with strong physical capabilities, such as super strength and high levels of invulnerability.

Type E: "Energy Manipulator" The E Code represents meta humans with strong energy capabilities.

Type S: "Transmuter" The S Code represents meta humans who can manipulate/transmute matter.

Type T: “Psionic” The T code represents meta humans with strong mental capabilities, such as telekinesis and telepathy.

Type I: "Inventor" The I code represents meta's with enhanced intelligence or other mental faculties, which allow them to create super science devices.

Type M: “Mysterious” The M Code represents meta humans with esoteric capabilities such as Magic, or Luck Manipulation. That are harder to categorize.

Type Z: "Shifter" The Z Code can manipulate their physical form, or the physical forms of others. A combination of a P and S code Metahuman.

Type F: “Flunky” Derogatory Term. Those meta humans with otherwise “miscellaneous” abilities that have no real application of “Force” , get an “F”. Often called “Flunky” , they fail at being a meta human.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Marvel Conversions :: Ghost Rider

Post by MisterB »

GHOST RIDER- PL 11
Identity: Johnny Blaze (secret)
Concept: Spirit of Vengeance
Profession: Former Stunt Biker

Abilities
Strength 7, Stamina 7, Agility 2, Dexterity 6, Fighting 9, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 5, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Vehicles, Startle, Tracking, Weapon Bind

Skills
Athletics 5 (+12), Expertise: Arcane 5 (+6), Insight 10 (+13), Perception 7 (+10), Technology 3 (+4), Vehicles 10 (+16)

Powers
Empower Bike
. . Movement: Movement 4 (Removable, Wall-crawling 2: full speed, Water Walking 2)
. . Speed: Speed 6 (Removable, Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Spirit of Vengeance
. . Detect the Guilty: Senses 4 (Acute: Detect Evil, Detect: Evil 1, Extended: Detect Evil 1: x10, Radius: Detect Evil)
. . Durable Vengeance: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious [7 extra ranks])
. . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 1 (Fluid)
. . Magic Resistance: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Magic; Limited: to spells that effect the soul)
. . Power-lifting: Power-lifting 3 (+3 STR for lifting)
. . Spirit: Immunity 12 (Aging, Damage Effect: Fire, Enviromental Conditions (All), Poison)
Weapons of Vengeance
. . Chain Shuriken: Damage 13 (Easily Removable, DC 28; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Dimensional Gateway: Movement 2 (Dimensional: Mystical 2: group, 50 lbs.; Custom 2: Portal)
. . Hellfire Blast: Blast 13 (Easily Removable, DC 28; Alternate Resistance: Will)
. . Hellfire Chain
. . . . Hellfire Chain: Elongation 4 (Easily Removable, Elongation: 120 feet)
. . . . Hellfire Chain: Strength-based Damage 6 (Easily Removable, bludgeoning, fire, DC 28; Penetrating 13, Secondary Effect)
. . Hellfire Generation: Create 15 (Volume: 32000 cft., DC 25; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Impervious; Proportional)
. . Penance Stare: Perception Area Affliction 11 (1st degree: Dazed, Fatigued, 2nd degree: Stunned, Exhausted, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Asleep, Resisted by: Will, DC 21; Perception Area, Extra Condition)
Supernatural Foe: Enhanced Trait 6 (Advantages: Close Attack 3, Ranged Attack 3; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Against supernatural foes; Limited: against supernatural foes)

Equipment
Chain [Damage: Strength-based Damage 2, DC 24; Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.], Motorcycle, Shotgun

Offense
Initiative +2
Chain Shuriken: Damage 13, +6/+9 (DC 28)
Damage: Strength-based Damage 2, +9/+12 (DC 24)
Grab, +9/+12 (DC Spec 17)
Hellfire Blast: Blast 13, +6/+9 (DC Will 28)
Hellfire Chain: Strength-based Damage 6, +9/+12 (DC 28)
Penance Stare: Perception Area Affliction 11 (DC Will 21)
Shotgun, +6/+12 (DC 20 )
Throw, +6/+12 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +9/+12 (DC 22)

*The 2nd number is when facing supernatural foes.

Complications
Enemy: Ghost Rider has foiled the plans of Mephisto, many times before.
Fame: Johnny Blaze is a famous Motorcycle stunt man.
Identity: Johnny Blaze transforms into Ghost Rider, when ever he is in the presence of great evil. He is just a normal person otherwise.
Motivation: Justice: Ghost rider is compelled to seek vengeance for those who have been harmed by evil, especially those of a supernatural kind.
Secret: Identity.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 9, Toughness 13, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 74 + Powers 104 + Advantages 16 + Skills 14 (40 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 227

Builders Notes:
I have been wanting to revisit my Ghost Rider build for a while, And redo some of his powers. Mostly his ability to empower his chain and bike. I think I got this modeled a bit better now. I went with PL 11 for now, though I might make him PL 12. Will just have to see. He is one hell of a combat monsters, and many of his powers are removable since they use equipment as focuses. The Penance stare, is a mixture of pain & paralysis, though it has many applications (as i found on the superpower wiki). I'm really liking the changes I've been making. They seem more reasonable these days, cause I have a tendancy to over power things.
Last edited by MisterB on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: The Best of 3rd Edition (MnM)

Post by MisterB »

"Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!" (Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are upon you!) — Dwarvish battlecry

Gimli - PL 6

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit, Status: Royal Blood, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Equipment 2, Favored Foe: Orcs, Improved Smash, Languages 1, Luck, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Startle, Takedown

Skills
Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat (Axe) 2 (+6), Expertise: Places of Dwarves 2 (+3), Expertise: Stone Masonry 5 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+6)

Powers
Axe Mastery: Improved Critical: Feature 2 (Variable Descriptor: close group - All Axes)
Dwarf Physiology
• Dwarven Hardiness: Immunity 2 (Disease, Heat)
• Dwarven Stubbornness: Immunity 5 (Social; Flaw: Half Effect)
• Firestarting: Feature. Can start a fire in any condition.
Elven Cloak (Removable)
. . Concealment: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight; Blending)

Equipment
Battleaxe, Chain Corselet [Protection: Protection 3, +3 Toughness]

Offense
Initiative +0
Battleaxe, +6 (DC 21)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +5 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 18)

Complications
Hatred: Orcs. : Dwarves hate Orcs, and take any opportunity to return the favor.
Motivation: Doing Good: Gimli does have a good heart, and goes along with the quest from his desire to defeat evil.
Quirk: Stubborn.: Dwarves really are stubborn, and when the player decides he will not be budged by the rest of his group he gains a hero point.

Languages
Dwarf, Westron

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 12 + Advantages 13 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 79
Last edited by MisterB on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: The Best of 3rd Edition (MnM)

Post by MisterB »

Damn been going over my lotr stuff from 3e, definitely some of my best work
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: The best random builds in the Multiverse! (M&M3e)

Post by MisterB »

I cleaned up the front page, wth a nice index since i had access to a computer. And added a little BBC coding to some of the profiles, and some nice art for some of the builds. I was wondering if someone had a copy of some of my old art , perhaps of Lace from the Sewer Rats?
MisterB

Lotr New Hobbit templates

Post by MisterB »

Hobbits were between three to four feet tall, the average height being 3 feet 6 inches, with short legs, slightly pointed ears and furry feet with leathery soles, resulting in most never wearing shoes. Early in their recorded history, Hobbits were divided in three kinds with different customs and temperament. The Stoors grew facial hair and had an affinity for water, boats and swimming and wore boots; the Fallohides were fair, tall and slim, an adventurous people, friendlier and more open to outsiders. Finally, the Harfoots were the most numerous and instituted the living in burrows. In later days the Harfoot traits became the "norm".

Hobbits had a life span somewhat longer than Men of non-Númenórean descent, averaging between 90 and 100 years. The time at which a young hobbit "came of age" was 33. The two oldest-living recorded hobbits (except Gollum) were The Old Took (who reached the age of 130) and Bilbo Baggins (who surpassed him at 131).

Throughout their history Hobbits had showed unparelleled skill, courage and also endurance and resistance in times of danger and terror. During their Wandering Days Hobbits demostrated an easiness to adapt to the environments they visited and adopted the customs and languages of the peoples they were in contact with. In the Shire, they had settled with a closed and comfort-loving lifestyle; they were fond of an unadventurous bucolic life of farming, eating, smoking pipe-weed, socializing and talking about genealogies. Hobbits also liked to drink ale in inns, and ate at least six meals a day when they could get them. Every Highday and after noon, Hobbits celebrated a small holiday with evening feasts. 

However, their hidden potentials resurfaced in difficult times; in the Long Winter, Gandalf admired their uncomplaining courage and pity one for another, thanks to which they survived. Another example of Hobbitish hardiness and resistant nature, was Gollum, who despite using the One Ring for years, did not transform into a Wraithunder the Ring's evil power (unlike the nine Mannish Kings). These surprising Hobbit traits also were tested and proven during the Quest of Erebor and, most notably, the War of the Ring.

Stoors (17 pp)
They were heavier and broader in build than the other Hobbits, and had large hands and feet. Among the Hobbits, the Stoors most resembled Men and were most friendly to them. Stoors were the only Hobbits who normally grew facial hair.

A habit which set them apart from the Harfoots who lived in the mountain foothills, and the Fallohides who lived in forests far to the north, was that Stoors preferred flat lands and riversides. Only Stoors used boats, fished, and could swim. They also wore boots in muddy weather.

Stoorish characteristics and appearance remained among the Hobbits of the Eastfarthing, Buckland (such as the Brandybucks) and the Bree-hobbits.

The Stoors also had their own dialect of Hobbitish, owing to the fact that they spent some time in Dunland and adopted many strange words and names which they took to the Shire, and retained even until the late Third Age.

Ability Modifiers: +1 Agility or Endurance
Skill Selections: Athletics 2, Piloting (boats) 2, Cooking 2, Stealth 2
Powers:
· Shrinking 4 (Innate; -1 str, +2 Act. Defense, +4 stealth, -2 Intimidate)
· Hobbit Resilience (enhanced trait 2).

Fallohides(17 pp)
In appearance, Fallohides were taller and slimmer of build than the other Hobbits, with some growing to four feet or more in height. Both their skin and their hair tended to be fair, and no Fallohide ever grew a beard.

While the other two branches of hobbit-kind were pastoral and rustic in nature, the Fallohides retained a hunting tradition, and so were naturally bolder and more inquisitive than their relatives, but less gifted in the arts of farming and agriculture.

As Fallohidish culture was much more open to outside influence than that of the Stoors or Harfoots, they were friendlier with the other races of Middle-earth than their cousins, especially with the Elves. Perhaps because of this, they were skilled in both song and speech, and were lovers of trees and of woodlands.

Ability Modifiers: +1 Awareness or Presence
Skill Selections: Cooking 2, Expertise (song or speech) 2, Stealth 2, Survival 2
Powers

Harfoots(17 pp)
They were shorter and smaller than the other breeds, browner of skin, had no beards, and did not wear any footwear. They lived in holes they called smials, a habit which they long preserved.

The Harfoots liked highlands and hillsides, and were accustomed to living underground longer. They were also on very friendly terms with the Dwarves, who travelled through the High Pass on the Great Road.

Ability Modifiers: +1 Dexterity or Agility
Skill Selections: Cooking 2, Expertise: Specific craft 2, Stealth 2, Perception 2
Powers:

Hobbit Resilience grants hobbits a +2 to Fortitude or Willpower defense rolls.  
I decided before I go any further I would redo the racial templates for the races of middle Earth. I'm delving more into the lore, and making them true to the source material. I hope you enjoy! I'm still working on the Hobbit Resilience however, and might include a half immunuty to corruption. Not sure. In the case of frodo we must remember the witch king stabbed frodo, because frodo would not give the ring even under evil influence. It's my belief it's the shard of the morgul blade that would have made it possible for him to succumb and become a wrauth himself.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: New Lotr Racial Templates! (M&M3e) Dwarves

Post by MisterB »

Unlike Elves and Men, the Dwarves are not counted among the Children of Ilúvatar. Their creator was Mahal, known as Aulë the Smith. Aulë created the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves, from whom all other Dwarves are descended, deep beneath an unknown mountain somewhere in Middle-earth. However, Aulë did not have the divine power to grant independent life to any creation, and the dwarves were bound to his will. Ilúvatar came and reprimanded Aulë, who confessed his desire to create more living things, but in repentance lifted his hammer to destroy the dwarves. Even as the blow was about to land, the dwarves cowered and begged for mercy, as Ilúvatar had taken pity and given true life to the creations of his child, including them in His plan for Arda. However, Ilúvatar did not wish them to wake before the Elves, whom he intended to be the first-born. Ilúvatar granted the Dwarves life, and therefore they are known as the Adopted Children of Ilúvatar, but he bade Aulë lay them to sleep in their chamber deep beneath the mountain, and they were to awake after the Awakening of the Elves.

The Seven Fathers awoke in their places in pairs with their wives, though Durin I had awoken alone. The seven different groups of Dwarf-folk originated in the locations where the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves first awoke.

The seven clans of the Dwarves were:
Longbeards, Durin's Folk, originally from Gundabad.
Firebeards and Broadbeams, originally from Mt. Dolmed.
Ironfists and Stiffbeards, originated in the East.
Blacklocks and Stonefoots, originated in the East.
Durin settled in the caves above Kheled-zâram which later became the greatest of Dwarf realms, Khazad-dûm. Therefore the halls of the Longbeards were not located near the halls of another Dwarf-kingdom.

There was also an eighth group of Dwarves that was not a separate member from these seven kindreds, but composed of exiles from each: the Petty-dwarves, who were hunted like animals to the point of extinction by the Elves in the First Age.

Nature
They were 4.5 - 5 feet (1.35 - 1.52 m) tall and their more distinctive characteristic was their beard which they have from the beginning of their lives, male and females alike; and which they shave only in shame.

As creations of Aulë, they were attracted to the substances of Arda and crafts. They mined and worked precious metals throughout the mountains of Middle-earth, but had a tendency toward gold lust, and committed their share of rash and greedy acts. Among these was the dispute over the Nauglamír, which led to the slaying of Elu Thingol and stirred up the initial suspicion between Elves and Dwarves to open hatred.

Dwarves generally lived far from the sea and avoided getting on boats, as they disliked the sound of the ocean and were afraid of it.

Hardiness
The Dwarves were created by Aulë to be strong, resistant to fire and the evils of Morgoth. They were hardier than any other race, secretive, stubborn, and steadfast in enmity or loyalty.

Despite their short stature, they were known for their strength and endurance in battle, as well as their fury, particularly when avenging their fallen kin, and for being some of the greatest warriors in all of Middle-earth. They fought valiantly in many wars and battles over the Ages holding axes.

Sickness was almost unknown to the Dwarves, as they were immune to human diseases.

They were generally less corruptible than Men. When Sauron attempted to enslave the Free Folk of Middle-earth using the Rings of Power, the Elves completely resisted his power (indeed, his hand had never sullied the Three Rings), while the Nine Rings utterly corrupted the Men who bore them into the Ringwraiths. In contrast, the Dwarves were sturdy and resistant enough that Sauron was not able to dominate them using the Seven Rings. At most, the Seven Rings sowed strife among the Dwarves and filled their wearers with an insatiable greed for gold, but they did not turn them into wraiths subservient to the Dark Lord, and he considered his plan to have failed. Sauron was furious at the Dwarves' resistance, spurring his drive to recapture the Seven Rings from them.

Another example was Gimli, who, while Saruman used the power in his voice and the Rohirrim were spell-bound by his magic, Gimli was unmoved and commented that Saruman's words cannot be trusted, causing Saruman to be angered enough to lose his charm.

Lifespan
The lifespan of Dwarves was varied depending on their ancestry. The Longbeards were particularly long-lived, but by the Third Age their lifespan was diminished and they lived, on average, 250 years. Until they were around 30 years of age, Dwarves were considered too young for heavy labor or war (hence the slaying of Azog by Dain Ironfoot at age 32 was a great feat). By the age of 40, Dwarves were hardened into the appearance that they would keep for most of their lives. Between the approximate ages of 40 and 240, most Dwarves were equally hale and able to work and fight with vigor. They took on the appearance of age only about ten years before their death, wrinkling and greying rapidly, but never going bald. Occasionally they would live up to 300 years of age, and Dwalin reached the rare lifespan of 340 years (comparable to a Middle Man living to 100).

Although Dwarves did not suffer from diseases, corpulence could affect them. In prosperous circumstances, many grew fat by the age of 200 and became physically inept.

Dwarf Template (15pp)
Ability Modifiers: +1 to Endurance and Fighting
Defenses: +2 to willpower
Skills: Expertise (specific craft) 2, Perception 2
Advantages: Skill Mastery (expertise: specific craft)
Powers
Dwarven Hardiness: Immunity 2 (Disease, Heat)
Dwarven Stubbornness: Immunity 5 (Social; Flaw: Half Effect)
Firestarting: Feature. Can start a fire in any condition.
Complications:
· Small Size. Dwarves are smaller in size, but their girth compensates this. There are no complex game mechanics, since the benefits and drawbacks, do not constitute a Shrinking power. This equates to a 25' movement rate and a +1 to dodge defense DC's.
Woodclaw

Re: Mister B's :: New Lotr Racial Templates! (M&M3e)

Post by Woodclaw »

I always found the origin of the Middle Earth dwarves a bit puzzling, they seem to fit a rather unique niche in the entire mythology of Arda. In a way they are similar to orcs, because they were not part of the original song of the Valar and so they're not true children of Iluvatar, yet they were a labour of love, instead of spite, making them a rather positive force in the creation. The simple fact that they can create things of beauty, an ability that all the byproducts of Morgoth lacks, indicates that they possess at least a measure of the grace of Iluvatar, although they can't glimpse the Immortal Lands (like the elves) nor the true grace of the Creator (like humans)... Gimli being the only possible exception.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Good to see your builds again !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:51 am I always found the origin of the Middle Earth dwarves a bit puzzling, they seem to fit a rather unique niche in the entire mythology of Arda. In a way they are similar to orcs, because they were not part of the original song of the Valar and so they're not true children of Iluvatar, yet they were a labour of love, instead of spite, making them a rather positive force in the creation. The simple fact that they can create things of beauty, an ability that all the byproducts of Morgoth lacks, indicates that they possess at least a measure of the grace of Iluvatar, although they can't glimpse the Immortal Lands (like the elves) nor the true grace of the Creator (like humans)... Gimli being the only possible exception.
I think the dwarf history is very cool.
Bladewind wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 pm Good to see your builds again !
Thanks bladewind!

And gimli is updated. His old build need a slight change. Some of his stats were colored by the movies where he was more of a joke, then considered a serious threat which he was. So many of his defenses were maxed to his benefit. As were some of his ability scores.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:09 am
Woodclaw wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:51 am I always found the origin of the Middle Earth dwarves a bit puzzling, they seem to fit a rather unique niche in the entire mythology of Arda. In a way they are similar to orcs, because they were not part of the original song of the Valar and so they're not true children of Iluvatar, yet they were a labour of love, instead of spite, making them a rather positive force in the creation. The simple fact that they can create things of beauty, an ability that all the byproducts of Morgoth lacks, indicates that they possess at least a measure of the grace of Iluvatar, although they can't glimpse the Immortal Lands (like the elves) nor the true grace of the Creator (like humans)... Gimli being the only possible exception.
I think the dwarf history is very cool.
Well, it gave us this tearjerker here.

MisterB

Post by MisterB »

That book is one of my favorite adaptions, I love the art. At first I thought about using the art from it for some of my builds
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:37 pm That book is one of my favorite adaptions, I love the art. At first I thought about using the art from it for some of my builds
The one thing that surprised me is that the guy who adapted the text was Chuck Dixon of Punisher fame.

MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Very cool
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

The elven race for middle Earth, kind of confusing I'm not sure if there are, 3,4, or 5 elf types still around xD