Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MisterB

Skyrim 5e: Class and Background modifiers

Post by MisterB »

Step 2. Choose your class and modify your ability scores

Character Class
Barbarian +2 strength and Constitution
Bard +2 Dexterity and charisma
Cleric +2 wisdom and charisma
Druid +2 intelligence and wisdom
Fighter +2 strength and Constitution
Monk +2 strength, wisdom, and Dexterity
Paladin +2 wisdom, strength and charisma
Ranger +2 strength, Dexterity and wisdom
Rogue +2 Dexterity and intelligence
Sorcerer +2 Constitution and charisma
Warlock +2 wisdom and charisma
Wizard +2 intelligence and wisdom

Step 3. Choose you background and modify your ability scores
Character Background
Acolyte +2 Wisdom and intelligence
Charlatan +2 Dexterity and charisma
Criminal +2 Dexterity (or strength) and charisma
Entertainer +2 Dexterity and charisma
Folk Hero +2 Constitution and wisdom
Guild Artisan +2 intelligence and wisdom ( or charisma)
Hermit +2 Constitution and wisdom
Noble +2 intelligence and charisma
Outlander +2 Strength and wisdom
Sage +2 intelligence and wisdom
Sailor +2 strength and wisdom
Soldier +2 strength and Constitution (or charisma)
Urchin +2 Constitution and Dexterity
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Some FH&W

Post by MisterB »

Step 4. Determine Birthsign
A player can choose either the normal benefit of a birthsign, or choose the star-crossed version which has a drawback for taking that benefit. The effects of a Birthsign rates about as useful as starting with a free Feat for your character.

The Warrior Signs
The Warrior
Normal
Star-crossed

The Lady
Normal
Star-crossed

The Steed
Normal
Star-crossed

The Lord
Normal
Star-crossed

The Mage Signs
The Mage
Normal
Star-crossed

The Apprentice
Normal
Star-crossed

The Atronach
Normal
Star-crossed

The Ritual
Normal
Star-crossed

The Thief Signs
The Rogue
Normal
Star-crossed

The Shadow
Normal
Star-crossed

The Tower
Normal
Star-crossed

The Lover
Normal
Star-crossed
MisterB

M1 Universe

Post by MisterB »

Phaedra (Pl 15/225pp)
Real Name: Sarah Donovan, Origin: Meta Human, Profession: Astronomer for the Goddard Institute (Costumed adventurer), Marital Status: Single (not looking), Place of Birth: Fort Pierce, Florida, Place of Residence: New York City, NY, Family: Jason Donovan (father, 51), Donna Donovan (mother, 50), Greg Donovan (27), Age: 29, Height: 5’8 (6’3 as Phaedra), Weight: 132 (167), Eyes: Green (violet), Hair: Blonde (White)

Abilities [90pp]:
Strength 13, Stamina 12, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Defenses [19pp]:
Dodge +8, Fortitude +12, Parry +10, Toughness +15, Will +15

Offenses: I
initiative +8/+0, Unarmed +14 (dc28), Cosmic Blast +14 (dc 30), Cosmic String +14 (dc 25)

Skills [18pp]:
Acrobatics 5 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+12), Expertise: Astronomy 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Cosmic Control 10 (+12), Technology 2 (+6)

Advantages [12pp]:
All out Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit 3 (Security clearance, Wealthy 2), Close Combat 2, Power Attack, Range Combat 2

Powers [86pp]:
Hyper Flight: Flight 7 + Movement (Space Travel 1)
- AE: Quickness 7 + Speed 7 + Improved Initiative 2
Impervious: Impervious Toughness 12 + Protect 3
Space Worthy: Immunity 15 (life support, gravity)
Cosmic Awareness: Super Senses 5 [Dark Vision (extended), Cosmic Awareness (radius, extended)]
Cosmic Energy Control [30 pt Array, +4 AE’s ]
Base: Cosmic Blast 15 (Blast)
· AE: Cosmic String 10 (Blast , Penetrating)
· AE: Gravity Blanket 15(Move Object [Extras: Area (burst), Selective; Flaws: Range (touch, -1), limited (to and from the ground)])
· AE: Gravitic Beam 15(Move Object [Extra: Perception, Flaws: Limited (Only to or away from her)])
· AE: Enhanced Hyper Flight [Flight 7 + Movement (Space travel) 2]

Complications:
· Identity: Two Forms. Phaedra and Sarah are different people , well at least physically. And Sarah has none of the powers of her Alter Ego.
· Fame: As Phaedra she is an American Icon in my Millennium Verse.
· Secret: Phaedra’s secret identity is , Sarah Donovan.
· Responsibility: Sarah has a responsibility to not only NASA, but the U.S. Government. Since they fund her lifestyle. She works in their Stargazer program.
· Motivation: Doing Good. Sarah loves to do good when ever she can.

Background:
Meet Phaedra aka Sarah Donovan , this is a character idea of mine from way back. A shy antisocial astronomer , who dreamed and peered up at the stars. Seeking something more than a boring humdrum life. The daughter of Naval Recruiter, and Elementary school teacher. She showed an immediate interest in the Night sky.

What Sarah didn’t know was that she was a meta-human, and that day dreaming finally culminated in her ability to travel to the stars. She's become one of the most popular hero's in her time, because of her work with NASA and the Government. She has full security clearance, and an alternate identity to keep her cover a complete secret. It helps that Sarah can change her appearance, when she turns into Phaedra.

Phaedra has the power cosmic, and she can do quite a lot with it. Including manipulating things from a distance. With her powers she has the ability to visit other galaxies given time, and can even use extra effort to visit alternate dimensions & realities. Which she has done by complete accident and sent her on a wild adventure of her own. As a member of the Stargazer project, she works closely with other scientists trying to prove the existance of other planets. Which is where she comes into the picture, sometimes working closely with another Meta Human who goes by the name Stargazer.

Builder’s Notes:
Wow, it took me a while to get things where I wanted them. And a lot of things ended up getting dropped from this build. There were certain aspects of the character which I had wished would have stayed the same. But certain things didn’t exist in the game anymore, so I was left to try and figure out to either replace them with a different mechanic, or just remove it entirely from the build. Since Phaedra is a big leaguer I decided to put her up on the same scales as some of the other DC people. This also makes my first Official DC character conversion, because I wanted to see how she would look in the DCU. I liked how simplified space travel, strength, & morph became, it made things a lot easier. The big thing that changed were the Defense scores, and I had to down grade quite a few things. As you can see Phaedra is more useful in space adventures. As I made up my new 3E thread, I decided to revisit this build. And just made things a lot more simpler. And used the Identity complication instead of creating a Empowered form. And decided to lower a few things here and there, to make her stand out a bit more. Since she was my first build, I’ve learned a lot so far.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MisterB

Freedom Universe: Sewer Rats

Post by MisterB »

Lace (PL 9/135pp)
Real Name: Rhonda Black, Origin: Magical Endowment, and Training, Profession: Exotic Dancer/ Minor Pick pocket, Residence: Gotham City, Family: None to speak of, Age: 20, Height: 5’8”, Weight: 140 lbs, Eyes: Blue, Hair: Black

Abilities [28pp]: Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Defenses [12pp]: Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 4, Willpower 10, Toughness 10/1

Offensives: Initiative +3, Unarmed +4 (dc 15), Eldritch Bolt +9 (dc 25), Mystic Binding +9 (dc 20 affliction), Nullify +8 (dc 20)

Skills [25pp]: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Close Combat: Magic 4 (+7), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Arcane 6 (+7), Expertise: Dancing 5 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Magic 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 7 (+10), Stealth 7 (+10)

Feats [7pp]: Attractive, Close Combat 2, Contacts, Fascinate (Deception), Ritualist, Taunt

Powers [61pp]:
Magical Awareness: Senses (Magical Awareness [radius]) · 2pp
Magical Costume (removable, -6 ) · 24pp
· Glamour: Enhanced Feat (Attractive), Feature: Quick Change 2
· Forcefield: Protection 9 (Impervious, Sustained)
· Poison Resistance: Immunity 1 (Poison)
· Mind Shield: Enhanced Willpower 4
· Mystic Flight: Flight 2
Magical Powers (30pp. array) · 35pp
· BE: Eldritch Bolt: Damage 10 (ranged, alternate save [will], penetrating)
· AE: Mystic Passage: Teleport 7 (Portal, Mass Progression 2)
· AE: Mystic Bindings: Ranged Affliction 10 (hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobilized ; Extra Condition, Limited Degree)
· AE: Clairvoyance: Remote Sensing 9 (visual, No Conduit, Subtle 2)
· AE: Seal it with a kiss: Nullify 10 (Broad [Meta Human], Sustained, close ranged)
· AE: Demon Bat Summoning *: Summon 7 (Heroic, Multiple Minions 1)

Complications:
· Motivation: Thrills. Rhonda loves the thrill of using her powers, for good or ill.
· Powerloss. Rhonda cannot cast her spells if she is bound or gagged.
· Addiction: Drugs. Despite Rhonda’s efforts she is still addicted to drugs, and has to do her very best to stay off of it. But you never know when she might relapse.
· Secret: Identity. Like every superhero , Rhonda hides her identity behind a costume & mask.
· Reputation: Vigilante. Rhonda along with all the other members of the Sewer Rats are considered vigilantes.

Background:
Rhonda was Tech-Rat's first recruit, he saved her life from a gang rape. And she was grateful to the man so she joined the group. He has tried to help her curl her drug addiction, but he hasn't had much luck. Its going to take some willpower on her own to kick her habit. She grew up on the streets, and by the age of fourteen she ran away from an abusive foster home. So she hooked up with the wrong crowd, and started turning tricks to survive. She has moved on though, and has upgraded to an exotic dancer and part time thief. Her magical abilities and nullifying powers, make her an interesting choice. And her flirtatious manner, makes her a liability from time to time. In fact she will flirt with the most handsome man/or woman of a hero team (yes she‘s bi). She knows that DJ has a crush on her, and she is more than willing to wrap him around her finger, for her own aims. It’s hard for her to truly trust someone in the process, and its taken her this long to learn to trust and be trusted among her own Team Mates.

Builder’s Notes:
A long time ago, I had whipped up this character for Freedom City. And Kryptons girl, thought this character would make an interesting character for a Gotham City campaign. So here she is. I was able to get her back down to a Power Level 9 , where I thought she fit the best. Over all she makes a very formidable character on her own, however she is mostly support for the rest of the team. Using her magic, to help turn the field of battle to their benefit. Generally her default costume is very similar to that of the Selene, The Black Queen from marvel. Though Lace is just as likely to use any form of lingerie, thigh high boots, and a flowing black cloak. But she makes sure her face is covered by an intricate black lace mask. Her best tactic is to snare her opponents, then make them powerless when she uses her Nullifying Kiss on them.
The Demon Bats:
Demon Bat - PL 7

Strength 5, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect -2, Awareness 3, Presence -2

Skills
Perception 5 (+8), Stealth 8 (+11)

Powers
Auditory Blind Slight: Senses 1 (Radius: Auditory)
Aura of Fear: Perception Area Affliction 7 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Compelled, Resisted by: Will, DC 17; Perception Area; Limited Degree)
Bat Wings: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Wings)
Demonic Hide: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
Immunity: Immunity 18 (Aging, Damage Effect: Acid, Damage Effect: Electricity, Damage Effect: Fire, Disease, Environmental Condition: Cold)
Shadow Blending: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight; Blending, Limited: Shadows/Darkness)
Talons: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 22)

Offense
Initiative +3
Aura of Fear: Perception Area Affliction 7 (DC Will 17)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 15)
Talons: Strength-based Damage 2, +5 (DC 22)
Throw, +5 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 20)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 7, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 40 + Powers 37 + Advantages 0 + Skills 7 (13 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 92
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MisterB

MSHRPG Monsoon

Post by MisterB »

Monsoon - PL 12
Real Name: Bryan Storm (though originally it was Brian Roth, yeah this is me in marvel xD)
Identity: Public
Origin: Mutation
Profession: Musician
Affliations: None; But has been affiliated with the X-Men in the past.
Base of Operations: Spokane, WA
Eyes: Blues (though they glow like lightning, when using his powers), Hair: Dark Brown

Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 5

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 6

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+9), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise (PRE): Performer 8 (+13), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+12)

Powers
Immunity to Weather: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Weather)
Lighting Field: Force Field 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious [10 extra ranks])
Quick Change into Costume: Feature 1
Weather Control
• Blinding Arc (sight): Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
• Gale Force Winds: Move Object 12 (100 tons; Increased Range: perception; Limited Direction: away)
• Heat Wave: Affliction 14 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Increased Range: ranged)
• Lightning Bolt: Blast 14 (DC 29; Indirect 4: any point, any direction)
• Monsoon: Environment 8 (Cold, Impede Movement (1 rank), Visibility (-2), Radius: 0.5 miles; Selective)
• Thunder Clap (hearing): Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
Weather Lord
• No matter the weather conditions, you remain dry, your hair and clothing never mussed by the wind.: Feature 1
• The weather dramatically reflects your emotions, giving you a circumstance bonus for appropriate interaction skill checks (like Intimidation).: Feature 1
• You can cause individual clouds in the sky to move, or even break up, by focusing your attention on them.: Feature 1
Weather Proof: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Weather)
Weather Sense: Senses 5 (Acute: Weather Awareness, Awareness: Weather (Mental), Extended: Weather Awareness 2: x100, Radius: Weather Awareness)
Wind Rider: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)

Offense
Initiative +4
Blinding Arc (sight): Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Gale Force Winds: Move Object 12 (DC 22)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Heat Wave: Affliction 14, +10 (DC Fort 24)
Lightning Bolt: Blast 14, +10 (DC 29)
Throw, +10 (DC 23)
Thunder Clap (hearing): Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 20)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Complications
Fame: Bryan aka Monsoon is a public figure, and has no secret identity. So trying to have a normal life, is pretty much out of the question for him. And of course this attracts all the wrong attention, especially by villains.
Motivation: Recognition: At first Bryan did it for the thrills, now its all for the recognition and fame that comes with being a Musician and a Super Hero.
Quirk: Bryan does suffer from depression, and this can have an adverse effect on the weather around him if he is not conscious about it. Extreme moods can cause the weather to change dramatically if he means it to or not.
Relationship: Bryan is married to a Tracy Storm, and she is important to him. As well as the rest of his family, even if he has lost touch with them because of his busy schedule.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 8, Fortitude 11, Toughness 14, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 76 + Powers 94 + Advantages 13 + Skills 12 (35 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 212

Background:
Bryan Storm grew up in Tucson, Arizona as a young child. Growing up in a middle class family, and living what some would call a comfortable if dull life. As a teenager he got into role playing games, this is when his first powers began to develop. During a monsoon storm, which Bryan always loves to be out in. He was struck by lightning, but was surprised when he stood there feeling a tingling sensation coursing through his body. His clothes were worse for wear, but he was unharmed. After that he became very sensitive to the weather environment. And found out not only could he control the weather, he could fly. His mastery with weather control is very extensive, as can be seen. It was at this time, he secretly took on the name of monsoon. And began to use his powers to fight crime. During his senior year in high school, not only was he in choir in school but had his own band. He was spotted by a scout, and his life changed for ever. He was noticed, and his dream of being a rock star became true. He signed up with a record deal, and began to make his first album. During a concert, and an attempt on his life his identity as monsoon was made public when he had to use his powers to save everyone. Sure now his life is really hectic, but his popularity grew even more. He has been a performer ever since.

Builders Notes:
Bryan is one of my own namesake characters, originally from my years of MSHRPG. I’ve made plenty of versions of him before, and this one is no exception. I thought it would be easier to take the Element Controller Template, and modify that till I got it the way his 2E build is. The image for the character is also one of my own creations.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Freedom Universe

Post by MisterB »

The Omega Kid (PL 10/150pp)
Real Name: Joshua Dunlow, Identity: Secret, Place of Birth: Spokane, Washington, Family: Thomas Underwood Sr. (Grand father). Thomas Underwood Jr. (father). Olivia Dunlow (mother); Age: 17, Height: 5’10”, Weight: 190 lbs, Eyes: Hazel, Hair: Dirty Blonde

Abilities [32pp]: Strength 8/3, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Defenses [18pp]: Toughness 12/3, Dodge 7, Fortitude 7, Parry 8, Will 6, Initiative 2

Offenses: Unarmed +8 (dc 18), Omega Blast +8 (dc 27), Nullify Kinetic Motion +8 (dc 18 affliction)

Skills [9pp]: Athletics 3 (13/10), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (4), Expertise: Mechanics 4 (5), Perception 3 (5), Ranged Combat: Omega Blast Array 2 (4), Technology 3 (4), Vehicles 3 (5)

Advantages [11pp]: All out Attack, Close Attack 4, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers [79pp]:
Omega Blast 12 (Damage [Ranged, Penetrating]) = 38
· AE: Affliction 8 (Nullify Kinetic Motion [Hindered, Immobile]; Alternate Resistance [Dodge], Ranged, Sustained, Limited Degree [1 less])
· AE: Move Object 8 (Perception, Sustained, Limited [repulsion])

The Omega Field (Alternate Form) = 41pp
· Enhanced Trait: Strength 5
· Penetrating Strength 8
· Protection 9 (sustained, impervious)
· Impervious Toughness 3
· Flight 8 (500 mph)

Complications:
· Motivation: Joshua’s motivation for being a hero, is for the Recognition and Attention that comes from fighting crime. JD is still a kid, so he pretty much has the enthusiasm that goes with it.
· Secret: Joshua Dunlow, over course keeps a secret identity. To protect his family and friends.
· Quirk: Likes music and always takes the opportunity to practice, and live in the lime light.
· Relationship: Josh has a girl friend, which causes problems of its own. Jessica chase is his high school sweet heart, who has more brains, and perhaps a nerd in her own way. But boy is she hot!
· Responsibility: Josh has a part time job as a mechanic at his dad’s car station.

Background:
Joshua was born in 1997, the son of a mechanic, and grand son of a notable Mystery man named Sure Shot. So Joshua inherited his Meta Human abilities from his grand father, who fought in world war II. He recently gained his powers after foot ball practice , his grand father knew the day might come when JD would gain powers. So took him under his wing to teach him how to be a hero. Even supplying him with a costume, with his grand father knowing his secret, he found a great way of keeping his parents from finding out about his extra-curricular activities.

Costume:
Omega wears a blue and white body suit, with matching boots, a jacket, and aviation glasses to cover his face. A belt hangs loosely around his waist.

Builders Notes:
I am definitely having a hard time trying to fit my characters into the 3E, and even a concept as simple as my own name sake is still difficult to pull off. Combat skills and offenses are still very difficult to work out right.
MisterB

Lost Sol (Sci-fi setting)

Post by MisterB »

Abigail Ind, Network Communicator (PL 5/75pp)
“Welcome to the Network, I am your eyes and ears to the Galaxy”
Name: Abigail Ind, Profession: Network Communicator, Birth Place: Irestas 5, Breed: Psi-com Communicator, Age: 19, Height: 5’8”, Weight: 140 lbs, Eyes: Black, Hair: Black

ABILITIES [20pp]:
Strength -1, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 2
Fighting 0, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 0

DEFENSES [8pp]:
Dodge 2, Parry 2, Fortitude 2, Willpower 8, Toughness 1

OFFENSIVE:
Initiative +0
Unarmed +0 (dc 14)
Stunner +2 (Dc 15 affliction)

SKILLS [11pp]:
Expertise: Communications 6 (9), Insight 4 (9), Investigation 3 (6), Persuasion 4 (4), Technology 5 (8)

ADVANTAGES [6pp]:
Eidetic Memory, Equipment 2, Skill Mastery (Expertise: Communications), Trance, Well Informed.

POWERS [30pp]:
Natural Communicator (5pp)
Abigail is a latent , but limited telepath. All she could do is broadcast her thoughts. This made her a perfect candidate for the Communicator Program.
· Communication 1 [Area]

Communicator Breeding Program (25pp)
A communicator is engineered in their breeding program, to understand all languages with a built in language translator chip. Their neural processing is also increased so they can handle vast amounts of information. They may also directly tie into the Network, so they can communicate with other Communicators, and most importantly their Communication power is enhanced so it will work on a galactic scale.
· Comprehend 2 [Speak/Understand all Languages]
· Quickness 8 [Flaws: Mental tasks only]
· Feature: Can communicate with other Communicators tied into the Network.
· Enhanced Trait [Communication +4 (Flaws: While tied into the Network)]

Equipment [10ep]:
Personal Stunner (same as Taser)

COMPLICATIONS:
· Motivation (Acceptance): Abigail is a very responsible person, and takes her job very seriously. However she feels detached from the real world, because of her job.
· Powerloss: Abigail cannot use her breeding program abilities outside of her Network Pod.
· Quirk: Abigail is a compulsive Neat Freak. She has to clean, and everything needs to be in its place.

BUILDER’s NOTES:
When man began to explore the stars, communication was difficult at best. There were constant delays, as one transmission was sent. Then another long wait, for a transmission to be received. Psionic Talent also began to emerge in a select few , and with the birth of Tachyon transmitters they were able to combine the two into a communications system that would link the Universe. Now the Network has become the soul source of communication, ranging from personal calls, to the television programs you watch at night. Each Tachyon relay station is situated in a particular star system, and is thus linked to the Entire network. Which is held together by a bank of sensory pods, which allow the Telepaths to join with the growing communications hub.

Meet Abigail Ind, born with the ability to Communicate. Transmit thoughts over a distance. By the time she was six, she was breed and trained to be a communicator. So when she reached eighteen she would be a productive member of Galactic society. Abigail spends 10 hour shifts inside a Network pod, and when she isn’t doing her job, she spends her time at home. Usually bored. It takes her a while to wind down after being linked into the Network, since her mind is still trying to process information. She is also somewhat of a recluse, and doesn’t have many people skills.

Here is a 3E version of one of my characters for Lost Sol. Overall its a vast improvement.
Last edited by MisterB on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MisterB

Lord of the Rings :: Aragorn

Post by MisterB »

Aragorn - PL 7
"I am Aragorn son of Arathorn and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur
Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or
thwart me? Choose swiftly!"
The Two Towers: "The Riders of Rohan," p. 36

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 5

Advantages
Animal Empathy, Benefit, Status: Chief of the Dunadan, Benefit, Status: Heir of Gondor, Benefit: Elf Friend, Close Attack 2, Courage, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 3, Favored Foe: Orcs, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 3: The Blade that was broken: Strength-based Damage 4, Languages 4, Leadership, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 4 (+9), Expertise: Herbs & Plants 4 (+7), Expertise: Rangers 4 (+7), Expertise: Survival 8 (+11), Insight 4 (+9), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 2 (+7), Stealth 5 (+8), Treatment 5 (+8)

Powers
Anduril Flame of the West (Easily Removable)
. . The Blade that was broken: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 22, Advantages: Improved Critical 3; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Penetrating* (Full, 5 ranks))
Elven Cloak (Removable)
. . Concealment: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight; Blending)
One of the Dunedain
. . Grace of Numenor: Feature 1
. . Men of the West: Feature 1
Rune Inscribed Sword Scabbard (Removable)
. . Feature 2: Improved Critical Advantaged, and Incurable Extra (Variable (to any sword sheathed)

Equipment
Bow, Elf Stone Brooch 1, Knife, Leather Armor, Sword, The Ring of Barahir 1

Offense
Initiative +3
Bow, +7 (DC 21)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 13)
Knife, +7 (DC 19)
Sword, +7 (DC 21)
The Blade that was broken: Strength-based Damage 4, +7 (DC 22)
Throw, +7 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 18)

Complications
Enemy: Aragorn is actively sought out by the Servants of the Shadow, so he cannot fulfill his legacy.
Honor: Doing what is right and Just, never taking advantage of a foe in combat. Always shoe mercy.
Motivation: At first Aragorn’s Motivation is “Doing Good”, but this changes to “Responsibility” by the time he leaves Rivendel after the Council Meeting.
Quirk: Aragorn’s Quirk before the Council Meeting, is a fear of his own Responsibility to be King. Any time after this, the Quirk disappears.
Relationship: Arwen is the most important person in his life, she inspires him and gives him the strength to keep on going during those times he looses hope.
Responsibility: Aragorn is a ranger, and it is his duty to fight the Servants of the Shadow; For all the Free People of Middle Earth.

Languages
Adunaic, Black Speech, Elvish, Orcish, Rohirim, Westron

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/3, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 18 + Advantages 24 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 136

Builders Notes:
Elven Cloak: Aragorn doesn’t have this cloak till after the fellowship leaves Lothlorien.
Rune Inscribed Scabbard: Don’t include this unless the company has left lothlorien, this is the gift that Galadriel gives him.
The elf stone brooch, is a beryl stone placed in a brooch. It allows elves to recognize him as a friend.
The ring of barahir.In the books Aragorn gives this to Arwen when they are in Rivendel, as an engagement ring. So if you play him after the Council Meeting he wont have this. This ring would also identify him to anyone that he was the Heir of Gondor. This ring adds or grants 1 rank of the Majestic Advantage.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: The Best of 3rd Edition (MnM)

Post by MisterB »

Gandalf the Grey - PL 8
"Saruman," Gandalf said, standing away from him, "only one hand at a time can wield the One,
and you know that well, so do not trouble to say we!"

Strength 0, Stamina 3, Agility 1, Dexterity 3, Fighting 3, Intellect 5, Awareness 7, Presence 2

Advantages
Artificer, Benefit, Status: Wizard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Glamdring Blade: Strength-based Damage 3, Inspire 2, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 3, Leadership, Luck, Luck 2, Ritualist, Sidekick: Shadowfax 15, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Speed of Thought, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 2 (+2), Expertise: Fireworks 4 (+9), Expertise: History 5 (+10), Expertise: Magic 8 (+13), Insight 6 (+13), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+13), Persuasion 4 (+6), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8), Treatment 2 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+5)

Powers
Glamdring "Foe hammer" (Easily Removable)
. . Detect Orcs: Senses 3 (Detect: Orcs 1, Extended: Detect Orcs 1: x10, Radius: Detect Orcs; Noticeable: Glows)
. . Glamdring Blade: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 18, Advantages: Improved Critical; Accurate: +2, Penetrating 8, Secondary Effect; Quirk 2: Secondary Effect Only applies to Orcs)
Magic of the Maiar
. . Ball of Fire: Burst Area Blast 4 (DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Secondary Effect)
. . Dazzling Display: Environment 9 (Light, Visibility (-2), Radius: 1 mile)
. . Healing: Healing 6 (Restorative)
. . LIght of the Valar (Fear): Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Cylinder Area: 30 feet cylinder, Concentration, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: supernatural creatures, Limited Degree)
. . Lightning: Blast 7 (DC 22; Indirect 3: any point in fixed direction or fixed point in any direction)
. . Sunder: Weaken 6 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Affects Objects Only, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Unseen Passage
. . . . Concealment: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Limited: Only while Moving)
. . . . Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
. . Valar's Burning Light: Blast 9 (DC 24; Penetrating 9; Limited: Supernatural Creatures)
. . Valiant Defense: Force Field 7 (+7 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks])
Magical Awareness: Senses 4 (Acute: Detect Magic, Detect: magic (mental) 1, Extended: Detect Magic 1: x10, Radius: Detect Magic)
Narya "Ring of Fire" (Removable)
. . Boost: Broad Simultaneous Weaken 4 (Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Broad: Magical array, Simultaneous)
. . Hope: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Inspire 2)
. . Preservation: Immunity 6 (Aging, Damage Effect: Fire; Limited - Half Effect)
One of the Maiar
. . Does not age: Immunity 1 (Aging)
. . Grace of the Valar: Immunity 3 (Disease, Environmental Condition: Cold, Environmental Condition: Heat, Advantages: Fearless, Great Endurance, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck 2; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Majestic: Feature 2
Wizards Staff (Easily Removable)
. . Glowing Light: Environment 1 (Light, Light (Bright), Radius: 30 feet)
. . Staff Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 17; Accurate: +2, Penetrating 6)

Equipment
Cloak 0, Pipe 0, Tobacco 0

Offense
Initiative +5
Ball of Fire: Burst Area Blast 4 (DC 19)
Boost: Broad Simultaneous Weaken 4, +3 (DC Will 14)
Glamdring Blade: Strength-based Damage 3, +5 (DC 18)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 10)
LIght of the Valar (Fear): Concentration Cylinder Area Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Lightning: Blast 7, +3 (DC 22)
Staff Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +5 (DC 17)
Sunder: Weaken 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +3 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 15)
Valar's Burning Light: Blast 9, +3 (DC 24)

Complications
Enemy: Gandalf is an Enemy of all Supernatural minions of Sauron.
Fame: Gandalf is known by many names in different lands. This Fame is not always a good thing though.
Honor: Gandalf does not believe in killing, if he can help it. Everyone deserves a second chance. Such as the compassion that he shows Gollum, or any of his friends when things look grim. He will show Mercy, and take no unfair advantage in combat.
Motivation: Doing Good: Gandalf does good because he is compelled to, all Maiar help all good people of Middle Earth to the best of their ability. Defending the weak, and foiling the plans of Sauron or his minions.
Motivation: Responsibility: It is the Responsibility of all Maiar to help educate others, give advice and wisdom when available.

Languages
Black Speech, Dwarf, Elf: Sindarin, Elf:Quenya, Westron

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 6, Toughness 3, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 72 + Advantages 26 + Skills 18 (53 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 176

Builders Notes:
Well I took on the challenge of converting Gandalf, and that was a tall order indeed. I had to do a lot of wrangling and wriggling with every aspect I could find to get him just right. There is nothing you could do to simulate all of what Gandalf is capable of. But I have done my best.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MisterB

DND Conversion

Post by MisterB »

Jeneya, Psi Dancer (PL 6/90pp)
“As graceful as the wind, but as deadly as the Storm.”

Race: Human, Profession: Fisherman/Psi Dancer, Age: 20, Height: 5'8", Weight: 128 lbs, Eyes: Violet, Hair: Black

Abilities [32pp]: Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 1

Defenses [17pp]: Dodge 4 (+8), Parry 6 (+8), Fortitude 3 (+4), Toughness +4/+1 flat, Willpower 4 (+8)

Initiative +4

Offenses: Unarmed +2 (dc 15), Psi Blade +6 (dc 21), Psi Bolt +8 (dc 19)

Skills [19pp]: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+4), Close combat: Psi Blade 4 (+6), Expertise: Seamstress 2 (4), Expertise: Fishing 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Psi Bolt 6 (+8)

Feats [8pp]: Agile Feint, All out Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Improved Defense, Trance, Uncanny Dodge (psychic)

Powers [14pp]:
Psi Blade (Damage 6, Alternate Save: Will; 12 pp array)
· AE: Psi Bolt 4 (Damage , Ranged, Alternate Save: Will)

Psi Dancer (leaping 1)

Complications:
· Motivation: Doing Good. Jeneya has a desire to use her gifts, to help others. Since she has grown up in humble backgrounds, she knows what it is like to be treated as the underdog. She enjoys doing good things.
· Relationship: Family. Jeneya did return back to her family after her training, and reconnected her ties with them. And did take the skills which they taught her to heart. Her mother and father, are very important to her.
· Quirk: Always in Motion. Jeneya is a decent dancer for someone who has had little training in it, she will twirl around or perform some graceful feat to express herself whether she realizes it or not. She always has to be in some kind of motion, and can never stand still.

Background:
Jeneya came from humble beginners, and grew up in a small village just outside a major town near the coast. She began to learn her mothers trade as a seamstress, and a fisherman just like her father. Her psychic prowess became evident as she turned 11, and began to develop it. Even without instruction she learned to channel her will into a graceful display of agility and prowess. Once she turned 16 she began her life as an adventurer, despite the protests of her parents. But her goal is to find others like her, who she might be able to train from and expand her abilities. Once she had made it to civilization she began to explore the world around her, and found that there was an order of Psionicists just like herself, known as the Order of the Mind. Finding her way to the Monastery where they lived, she was immediately taken under the wing of Master Tamis. Who taught her to expand on the natural talents she had already taught herself. It had been a long , strenuous road for our Psi Dancer, but she proved to all those in the order she had what it took to be a Psionicist. Four years had past before she had mastered her gifts, and was allowed to enter the world once more as a Psi-Dancer and an Adventurer.

Builders Notes:
There are pictures that just inspire a person , that make a concept leap out at you. This is one of those pictures. So I created Jeneya, a Psi dancer. A psionicist who has focused their psychic powers into a defensive fighting style with a powerful offensive ability. But she definitely has potential as far as I am concerned, and really interesting even though i have never been very fond of Psionics in a fantasy setting.

Builders Notes Part 2:
Well I got a request by Xarathos to put Jeneya into 3E, and I was really disappointed at the way this build came out. I had instinctively dropped several scores, to make up for the changes in the system. I trimmed skills, condensed Feats as much as possible. And I Was still over cost. Suffice to say, this really annoyed me. I wanted a playable character at PL 6, just like I could do in 2E. So I dropped more skills, and advantages, till I had what I thought was a character still in line, with the vision I had. The major differences, is more of her Psi Dancer training is where it should be instead of as a container under powers. This I hope will be the start of a long run of 3E variations of Fantasy based characters, which will fill my established worlds. Mainly Karmyth, and Magnor. Or maybe i'll just make a new world to house this new stuff into.
MisterB

Lord of the Rings :: Frodo

Post by MisterB »

"taller than some and fairer than most, [with] a cleft in his chin: perky chap with a bright eye."

Frodo Baggins - PL 5

Abilities
Strength -1, Stamina 1, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 3

Advantages
Benefit: Elf Friend, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Improved Critical 2: Beleriand Blade: Strength-based Damage 1+2, Innate Physiology, Languages 1, Luck

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 2 (+1), Close Combat: Sting 2 (+2), Expertise: History 2 (+4), Expertise: Riddles 2 (+4), Insight 2 (+3), Perception 3 (+4), Sleight of Hand 2 (+4), Stealth 4 (+10)

Powers
Elven Cloak (Removable)
. . Concealment: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight; Blending)
Hobbit (Advantages: Innate Physiology)
. . Hafling: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size category; Permanent)
. . Hobbit Resilience: Feature 2
Mithril Shirt (Removable)
. . Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious [7 extra ranks])
Phial of Galadriel (Easily Removable)
. . Painful Light (attack/fear): Perception Area Affliction 5 (1st degree: Impaired, Entranced, 2nd degree: Disabled, Compelled, Resisted by: Will, DC 15; Perception Area, Extra Condition, Reaction 3: reaction; Limited: Only afflicts Evil that dwells in darkness, Limited: Only fear, Limited Degree)
. . . . Defeat Magic: Nullify 7 (Alternate; Counters: Evil Magics, DC 17; Broad)
. . The Light of Earendil: Environment 1 (Light, Radius: 30 feet)
Sting (Easily Removable)
. . Beleriand Blade: Strength-based Damage 1+2 ([Stacking ranks: +2], DC 17, Advantages: Improved Critical 2)
. . Goblin Bane: Damage 2 (DC 17; Penetrating 8, Stacks with: Beleriand Blade: Strength-based Damage 1+2; Limited: Only with Goblins)
. . Sense Orcs: Senses 3 (Detect: Orcs 1, Extended: Detect Orcs 1: x10, Radius: Detect Orcs; Noticeable: Glows Blue, Permanent)

Equipment
Pack 0, Pipe & Pipeweed 0, Walking Stick 1

Offense
Initiative +2
Beleriand Blade: Strength-based Damage 1+2, +0 (DC 17)
Defeat Magic: Nullify 7, +2 (DC Will 17)
Goblin Bane: Damage 2, +0 (DC 17)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 9)
Painful Light (attack/fear): Perception Area Affliction 5 (DC Will 15)
Throw, +2 (DC 14)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 14)

Complications
Enemy: Frodo is being hunted by the ring wraiths through the first part of the Fellowship.
Honor: Frodo believes in a fair fight, and that everyone deserves a second chance. This is brought home to him, in the end. But his heart is always in the right place.
Motivation: Responsibility: Frodo is driven by a desire to good, but more so because of the responsibility that he feels he must bear. Being able to resist the powers of the ring better than the others, he feels he has no choice if he wants to protect the shire.

Languages
Elf, Westron

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 2, Fortitude 3, Toughness 5/4, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 42 + Advantages 5 + Skills 7 (21 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 83

Builders Notes:
I did some serious scrutiny as to the power levels of the main protagonist of our story. Frodo. Looking back over things, PL 7 seemed a bit much, for a young hobbit. So I really crunched with the numbers trying to decide and looking over scores, to make sure I got everything just right or at least , what i "hoped" felt right. Please as always give me some opinions. I am still working on the properties of the Phial .
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Thu May 03, 2012 10:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MisterB

Design Diary :: Fantasy & Campaign Power Levels

Post by MisterB »

Fantasy using 3E
Welcome to my first lesson in using 3E for Fantasy! Let’s get down to basics shall we? First let’s discuss Power Level, and what it means to me (You will note this has a very simular format to W&W, which i will try and stay within its framework and guidelines). The type of campaign you want to simulate can be broken up into a very short range of Power Levels, namely PL 4 to PL 10. Each Power level, limits how powerful a players abilities, and skills can be when compared to the default system. One thing I wanted to stress was the playability of the power levels, while keeping it fun , and not breaking the system it was intended for.

Adventurous (PL 4-5)
These folks are still pretty much your average person, who has the will and drive to do what is necessary in the face of Adversity. Characters of this level are more of a challenge, because the threat of death is very much real.

Heroic (PL 6-7)
Characters of this Type are still very much normal, but they tend to be the peak of the human range. They stand out against the others, as truly being exceptional. Death is still a threat, but not so much now. As they can rely on their skills to keep them going.

Superior (PL 8-9)
Characters of this type are the cream of the crop, they are exceptional people who can do extraordinary things. They can take down dragons, defeat powerful demons and the like.

Epic (PL 10+)
Characters of this type are above human limitations, demi gods, and other greater supernatural creatures can fall under this category. They are truly might beings. Even though Epic's limit is 8, there is no true limit to this as long as the GM feels its reasonable for the character.

Campaign level
Sometimes you may want to play in a more dangerous , or dynamic setting. At the current level of the game we are assume a standard Magical setting, that is semi-realistic way . Which gives the player his standard 15 power points per Power level. However if you wanted something more realistic, and lets say a world where magic is less prevalent you may wish to limit characters to 10-12 power points per power level. However in such worlds where magic is extremely common, and is considered High Fantasy where even the lowliest person may have special abilities. You might want to have anywhere from 18-20 power points per level.

As always though a GM is within his rights to slow down the progression of the campaigns power level, you may find that 15 pp’s per upgrade in the campaigns power level to quick. Slowing it down to 20 pp’s might seem much more realistic. As it stands the way the game is set now, a player can go up in as soon as 5 - 8 adventures, by slowing it down this could change to 7 to 10 adventures. Depending on how generous a GM you are.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Lord of the Rings :: Durin's Bane

Post by MisterB »

For of the Maiar many were drawn to his (Melkor's) splendor in the days of his greatness, and remained in that allegiance down into his darkness; and others he corrupted afterwards to his service with lies and treacherous gifts. Dreadful among these spirits were the Valarauker, the scourges of fire that in Middle-earth were called the Balrogs, demons of terror.

And in Utumno he gathered his demons about him, those spirits who first adhered to him in the days of his splendor, and became most like him in his corruption: their hearts were of fire, but they were cloaked in darkness, and terror went before them; they had whips of flame. Balrogs they were named in Middle-earth in later days.

Balrog - PL 10

Abilities
Strength 6, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 6, Fighting 8, Intellect 4, Awareness 6, Presence 5

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Languages 2, Power Attack, Ritualist, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

Skills
Athletics 6 (+12), Expertise: History 5 (+9), Expertise: Magic 10 (+14), Intimidation 8 (+15), Perception 6 (+12)

Powers
Demon
• Great Size: Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 STA, +2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size category; Permanent)
• Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
• Of Flame & Shadow: Immunity 13 (Aging, Damage Effect: Fire, Disease, Enviromental Conditions (All), Poison)
• Rocky Hide: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Impervious)
• Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
Fell Power
• Cloak of Darkness: Burst Area Concealment Attack 2 (Sense - Sight, DC 12; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Attack: Fortitude, Feature 6: Improved DC for attack)
• Fearsome Presence: Perception Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Perception Area; Instant Recovery)
• Healing: Healing 10
• Nullify: Nullify 10 (Counters: Magic, DC 20; Simultaneous)
Fiery Aura: Damage 4 (DC 19; Reaction 3: reaction)
Sword of Fire (Easily Removable)
• Sword of Fire: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 25; Secondary Effect)
Whip of Flame (Easily Removable)
• Snare: Snare 5 (Linked; DC 15)
• Whip of Fire: Strength-based Damage 3 (Linked; DC 24; Penetrating 5, Reach (melee) 3: 15 ft., Secondary Effect)

Offense
Initiative +2
Cloak of Darkness: Burst Area Concealment Attack 2 (DC Fort 18)
Fearsome Presence: Perception Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Fiery Aura: Damage 4, +10 (DC 19)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 16)
Nullify: Nullify 10, +6 (DC Will 20)
Snare: Snare 5, +6 (DC Dog 15)
Sword of Fire: Strength-based Damage 4, +10 (DC 25)
Throw, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)
Whip of Fire: Strength-based Damage 3, +10 (DC 24)

Complications
Hatred: All good things. : A balrog is not only hateful of anything good, but of wizards as well.
Motivation: Doing Evil
Responsibility (to Morgoth)
Weakness: The Light of the Valar

Languages
Black Speech, Orc, Westron

Defense
Dodge 0, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 68 + Powers 94 + Advantages 14 + Skills 12 (35 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 196

Builder’s Notes:
Forget everything you know about Balrogs from the movie, though a stunning creature it bears little resemblance to what Tolkien had traditionally gone for. Even my original build was heavily influenced by the Movie I had to admit, but after doing a lot of digging into many sources, the Balrog began to change. What I have been able to gleam, is that Balrogs are essentially Fallen Maiar. It then became obvious that the Balrog have the power of what qualifies as magic, and at one time did possess the power to shape shift. Even in the little references of the Fellowship. Gandalf found the power of the Balrog a match to his own, or perhaps even greater.

And this ends up my Run on Monsters at least for a little while. This particular build is meant to represent the Balrog in Moria. Unfortunately there is not enough information for me to create a wide variety of dark powers that they would possess, so i am limited to those that i created above.

In my 2nd 3E update to the Balrog, I made him slightly less powerful than I had before. He's still tough as rocks, and can make a group of adventurer's doubt their success. I gave him a few more powers, and tweaked his flaming weapons. Though this is a typical Balrog, and not necessarily the one in Moria. Though he is the only example we have. The secondary effect, was my way of showing characters catching on fire from the Balrog's weapons.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Forgotten Realms :: Elminster

Post by MisterB »

Elminster (Pl 12/281pp)
Abilities [62pp]: Strength 1, Stamina 5, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 11, Awareness 5, Presence 3

Defenses [18pp]*: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Willpower 16, Toughness 16/5
* Includes the benefits of his Ring of Protection

Offenses: Initiative +6, Unarmed +8 (dc 16), The silver Fire +8 (dc 33 line/dc28 area),

Skills [36pp]: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 3 (+5), Expertise: Arcane 13 (+24), Expertise: Craft Magical 13 (+24), Intimidation 7 (+10), Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: magic array 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+6), Treatment 4 (+15)

Advantages [12pp]: Artificer, Connected, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Extraordinary Effort (Limited to magical), Improved Initiative, Fearless, Jack of all Trades, Ritualist, Skill Mastery 2 (Arcane, craft Magical), Well Informed,

Powers [119pp]:
Grand Wizard (39pp)
· Grand Immunity: Immunity 31 (Aging, Fire Damage, Kinetic Damage, Mind Reading, Time Manipulation, Weaken Toughness, Weaken Willpower)
· Magical Awareness: Sense 5 (Magical Awareness, Radius, Acute, Extended) -
· Comprehend Languages: Comprehend (Languages 3)

The Chosen of Mistra (24pp)
· Enhanced Stamina 4 (permanent)
· Enhanced Intelligence 4 (permanent)
· Impervious Willpower 8

Magical Powers (48pt array, +8 AE‘s)
BE: The Silver Fire 16 (Ranged Area-Line Damage)
· AE: The Silver Cloud 16 (Ranged, Area-Cloud, Damage)
· AE: Dimensional Portal 11 (Teleport, Extended, Portal, limited to Extended, Increased Mass 2)
· AE: Forcefield 13 (Sustained Ranged Impervious Protection)
· AE: Clairvoyance 12 (Remote Sensing, Visual Hearing , No Conduit)
· AE: Purging 16 (Nullify, Broad (All magical), Effortless)
· 3 more AE’s of your design.

Magical Items [34pp]:
Elminster’s Eversmoking Pipe (Removable 0)
· Feature: Create smoke of any shape and color

Ring of Protection (Removable, -1)
· Enhanced Defenses: Dodge 2, Parry 2, Fortitude 2, Willpower 2

Ring of Regeneration (removable, 0)
· Regeneration 4 (Rounds 2, 5, 7, 10)

Mantle of Spell Resistance (Removable, -1)
· Impervious Willpower 10 (Limited: Only against magical Attacks)

Long Sword of Thundering (Removable, -4)
· Linked Damage 5 (Improved Critical, penetrating, penetrating strength 1)
· Linked Affliction 6 (Thundering Dazed, Thundering Stunned, Thundering Incapacitated; Alternate Save (Fort), Cumulative )

Complications:
· Powerloss: Elminster cannot cast spells if he is bound and gagged.

Builder’s Notes:
This build is an update to the one I did earlier today, and I ended up lowering his power level by 2. So now he is a hefty PL 12 character. This feels a lot better to me now.
MisterB

M1 Universe

Post by MisterB »

Stargazer (PL 6/101pp)
Abilities [26pp]: Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 0, Intellect 6, Awareness 7, Presence -1

Defenses [4pp]: Dodge 0, Parry 0, Fortitude 2, Willpower 9

Offenses: Initiative +4, Unarmed +0 (dc 14)

Skills [16pp]: Expertise: Astrophysics 4 (+10), Expertise: Astronomy 10 (+16), Expertise: Popular Culture 2 (+8), Investigation 4 (+10), Perception 9 (16), Technology 2 (+8)

Advantages [5pp]: Benefit (Wealth) 1, Benefit (Security Clearance), Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Skill Mastery (Expert: Astronomy)

Powers [48pp]:
Stargazing: Remote Sensing 10 (Visual; No Conduit)
Perceptive Mind: Quickness 9 (limited to perception checks)
Stargazing Helmet (removable, -10)
· Enhanced Remote Sensing 6
· Enhanced Senses 12 (Acute Vision, Extended Vision 8 [x10,000,000,000], Ultravision, Infravision, ; Limited [to remote sensing])
· Computer Link: Feature (can translate what he see’s to a computer, and link into any Telescopic Array he might be using)

Complications:
Motivation: Recognition. The offer from NASA was a once in a life time deal that he could not pass up, the attention he receives because of his powers makes him feel real important and special.
Secret: Crush of Phaedra. Ryan has a crush on Phaedra, which could lead into an embarrassing situation if someone were to find out.

Background:
Ryan was born a mutant, his most readily available and obvious ability was his telescopic vision. He could see extreme distances that allowed him to pass his vision just beyond the atmosphere so he could see the alignment of the stars.

Now Ryan has always been fascinated with the stars, and the universe. And he studied as much as he could about this, and then at his eleventh birthday he got his first Telescope. This only added to his fascination, and soon unlocked an even better ability. He found that while looking through the Telescope, his ability could expand even farther. He was seeing the distant planets of the solar system, as if he was almost there. And as time passed , he didn’t' even need the telescope anymore.

When he finished school, he went into college and got his major in Astrophysics and Astronomy. He was such a good student and had such a brilliant mind, his unique abilities landed him a job with Nasa.

Ryan is part of a new Nasa project, called Stargazer. With his unique abilities, he has increased Nasa's abilities to detect planets and hospitable worlds in other solar systems. Through the use of his Stargazer Helmet, he can see vast astronomical distances by linking into a Telescopic Array. Ryan gets to work closely with Phaedra, who has a not all to small crush on the female cosmic hero. But then again who wouldn’t?

Builders Notes:
Here’s a character I had in 2E, and I tried my best to make sure I could keep the vast range of his abilities up to snuff when I tried to bring him over to 3E. Stargazer was built off of the standard PL/PP for a reason, so I could get him just right with his main power. His Stargazing ability. The range of his Stargazing is 50,000,000,000 miles (or this translates roughly 53.8 AU’s). To put this into perspective Neptune is approximately 30 AU’s from our sun. While Pluto is 39 AU’s on average. This allows him to literally peer beyond our own solar system. Granted this does not allow him to see other systems in our galaxy. Btw, a light year is approximately 62,241.1 AU’s. So I would need 6 more ranks of Extended vision, to be able to see this far.