Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: Mister B's :: Elder Scrolls Goodness

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 am
Woodclaw wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:40 am I wish you could talk Balgruuf to make his own side in the game,as he'd make a better King than the Figurehead the Empire places on the throne.

The Stormcloaks are just wrong IMO,as they NO plan for after they win.Ulfric doesn't honestly give 2 shites about ruling,just saying he's in charge.I can see why Balgruuf hates him as a person....
Looks like you forgot your reply, lol
I'd like to know what happened, but last night any attempt to reply had this kind of hiccups.

Anyway what I said was that the real problem is that it doesn't matter who win the Skyrim Civil Was, the Thalmor are going to benefit from it.

In my first playthrough I decided to do something unusual and go for a very faction-heavy character, a priest of Thalos, who of course backed the Stormcloaks without questions. He stayed faithful to the cause up until the very end ... when he discovered the bitter truth: Ulfric just wanted to carve out his own little kingdom and the rest of the Stormcloaks really had no idea what they wanted.

Granted as far as "fight no talk" I believe that Galmar Stonefist takes the cake.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MacynSnow

Re: Mister B's :: Elder Scrolls Goodness

Post by MacynSnow »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 am
MisterB wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 am
Woodclaw wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 pm
Looks like you forgot your reply, lol
I'd like to know what happened, but last night any attempt to reply had this kind of hiccups.

Anyway what I said was that the real problem is that it doesn't matter who win the Skyrim Civil Was, the Thalmor are going to benefit from it.

In my first playthrough I decided to do something unusual and go for a very faction-heavy character, a priest of Thalos, who of course backed the Stormcloaks without questions. He stayed faithful to the cause up until the very end ... when he discovered the bitter truth: Ulfric just wanted to carve out his own little kingdom and the rest of the Stormcloaks really had no idea what they wanted.

Granted as far as "fight no talk" I believe that Galmar Stonefist takes the cake.
That's why,as much as it grinds my gears to do it,i always wind up siding with the Empire(at least nominally) as they at least want to help stop the Dragons coming back(though their rep in Skyrim needs to learn some people skills.....).

And don't get me started on that bint in charge of the prisoners in the begining......
MisterB

MSHRPG Original to MnM

Post by MisterB »

Razor Back
Origin: Mutant, Profession: Electrician, Identity: Secret (Roger Harmin),
Age: 27, Height: 5'10”, Weight: 300 lbs, Eyes: Yellow, Hair: Sharp Spiky Black
Offensive PL: 5, Defensive PL: 5, Total Power Point Cost: 72pp

Abilities (36pp)
Strength 4, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intelligence 3, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Skills (7pp)
Athletics 4 (+5), Expertise: Engineering +4 (+7), Ranged Attack: Spike Projectile 2, Technology 2 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages (3pp)
Ranged Combat 2, Instant Up

Powers (26pp)
· Thick Rocky Hide: Protection 4 (Impervious; Permanent, Not Impervious from the front -2) · 2pp
· Electrical Immunity: Immunity 5 (Electricity) · 5pp
· Rolling Ball: Movement 1 (Sure-footed, Concentration) + Speed 4 (Concentration) · 3pp
· Electric Thrust: Hyper Leaping 3 · 3pp
· Spike Projectiles: Ranged Damage 4 (Piercing damage, penetrating) · 13pp
· AP: Thorny Hide (Sustained Cone (from the back) Penetrating Damage 4)

Offenses
Initiative +0, Unarmed Combat +4 (dc 19 bludgeon damage), Spike Projectiles +6 (dc 19 penetrating piercing damage), Thorny Hide (Area: Cone, dc 19 penetrating piercing damage)

Defenses (8pp)
Parry +4, Dodge +4, Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Willpower +3

Complications
Motivation: Acceptance.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Secret Identity.

Background
When Roger was exposed to a large amount of electricity in a freak accident, his mutant nature became apparent. As Razor Back his normal life was tossed aside. He couldn't return to his fiance in the state he was in, he was too ashamed of his own appearance. So everyone thinks that Roger Harmin is dead. As a mutant everyone is afraid of him, so he has to live in the shadows and the darker sides of the city where he tries to keep to himself in an abandoned warehouse. Razor-Back is something of a local myth, no one knows if he's real or not. But he tries to protect the good people in this part of the city.
MisterB

Design Diary: House Rules for ARevised

Post by MisterB »

Expanded STATS
The three stat system of ARevised is just fine. However, for me, I like a little more detail to my characters. So I broke each stat into two stats, to cover all the basics in a eight stat system. I think many people can ballpark which stat to use for most things.
MIGHT (MIT) represents your characters physical strength and toughness.
FORTITUDE (FOR) represents your characters Constitution, Hardiness, and relative health.
REFLEXES (REF) represents your characters agility, grace, speed, flexibility, and athleticism.
PRECISION (PRE) represents your characters manual dexterity and the sharpness of your senses.
WITS (WIT) represents your intellect, cunning and your speed of thought. As well as how perceptive you are.
INSIGHT (INS) represents your wisdom, creativity, and instinctual awareness.
RESOLVE (RES) represents your characters strength of will.
PRESENCE (PRS) represents your characters natural charisma, and physical appeal.

Split 12 points among your stats. Non-Human races only get 9 points to spend among their stats because they gain two benefits for being non-human. A +1 bonus to one stat, and an special ability. In the optional character creation rules it will cost you two experience points per bonus or penalty.

What does the score mean?
-1: Feeble
0: Typical
1: Good
2: Excellent
3: Superior
4: Legendary

Derived STATS
Attack. Depends on Weapon and skills.
Defense. Based on Reflexes.
Hero Points. As normal, lowest stat +1.
Endurance. Fortitude + Reflexes + Resolve + 1.

Skills
I thought that working with only two basic skill selections or One Advanced skill to be a little limiting. So I allow Players get to choose three skills at Basic level, or one skill at Advanced, and one at Basic. This would assume a more, heroic character. If you want a beginner, you can use the original 2 basic skill/1 advanced selection.

Other Rules
An initiative is done in order of Reflexes or Wits, whichever is better.
Last edited by MisterB on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: more ARevised stuff.

Post by MisterB »

I was going to continue my Elder Scrolls builds, but I found out, I didn't put any of my 5th edition PDF's on my tablet. Cause my computer is boxed up and in storage, till I can get my own place. So now I don't know what system I can put my builds into. THere's not many game systems I have an intimate knowledge of, like I have with D&D or M&M.

The books I do have on my tablet are:
Silver Age Sentinels d20
Unofficial Elder Scrolls RPG
Tales of the Splintered Realms
Mythweaver Reckoning
Lore
Latest Pathfinder 2e
Ankur Kingdom of the Gods
Blades of the Iron Throne
Chronicles of Aerthe
Cold Steel Warden
Cypher System Rulebook
Fantasy Age Core
Forge Engine Universal
Icons
The Authority RPG
ARevised
Dark Sages (1st and 2nd edition)
Zweihander
FHW (Fantastic Heroes and Witcher) A fantastic variation of the old Basic DnD with a new modern approach.
Invulnerable
M&M 3e
MSHRPG (Marvel super heroes RPG)
Savage Kingdoms
Unofficial Elder Scrolls RPG
WRM (Warrior , Rogue & Mage)
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

I don't know over half of those games, so I would say just go mental.

MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Yeah, I'm stumped too. I'm kicking myself for not putting the 5e stuff on my tablet before putting my comp in storage.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

I'm always done for more old Marvel rpg stuff...my 2 cents.
MisterB

Sneak peek at some Skyrim in 5e

Post by MisterB »

D&D 5e/ Skyrim

Altmer
Starting Scores: +2 intelligence and +1 wisdom
Movement 30
Racial Features
1. Merithic Heritage. Altmer are an extremely long lived race, and gain resistance to all disease.
2. Mental Strength. Altmer gain advantage on rolls when resisting effects that cause paralysis.
3. Weak against magic. Altmer are at a disadvantage when resisting magical damage.
4. Innately Magical. Altmer gain access to cast two more cantrip spells per day.

Argonian
Starting Scores: +2 Constitution, and +1 Dexterity
Movement 30
Racial Features
1. Histborn. Being connected to the strange plants of the black marsh, argonians are resistant diseases and completely immune to Poisons.
2. Amphibious. Argonians can breathe underwater and don’t suffer athletic penalties when swimming.
3. Inscrutable. Argonians are at a disadvantage on social tasks with non argonians, while those attempting to use insight against them are at a disadvantage.

Bosmer
Starting Scores: +2 Dexterity and +1 wisdom
Movement 30
Racial Features:
1. Merithic Heritage. Bosmer are an extremely long lived race, and gain resistance to all disease.
2. Poison Resistance. Bosmer may add their Proficiency bonus to saving throws vs. Poisons.
3. Natural born Archers. All bosmer are proficient with bows, regardless of class.
4. Beast Tongue. Bosmer can understand and communicate with animals. Granting them the ability to use the Animal Friendship, once per day.
5. Silent Step. Bosmer can move quietly as naturally in the forests, as they can in the cities. Gain proficiency in stealth.

Breton
Starting Scores: +1 intelligence, +1 Wisdom
Movement 30
Racial Features:
1. Dragon Skin. Bretons have a innate magic resistance granting them a +2 to their AC against harmful spells.
2. Magic resistance. Bretons gain advantage on all saving throws against spells from the Evocation school.
3. Magically Inclined. Breton are naturally inclined to wielding magic. They may cast one additional cantrip spell per day, if they become a spell caster.
4. Courtly Intrigue.. Bretons gain advantage to History and persuasion when performing tasks related to knowledge of Noble houses, etiquette, and courtly intrigue.

Dunmer
Starting Scores +2 wisdom, and +1 dexterity
Movement 30
Racial Features
1. Merithic Heritage. Altmer are an extremely long lived race, and gain resistance to all disease.
2. Resistance to Fire. Dunmer are resistant to fire damage.
3. Ancestral Guardian. At fifth level a Dunmer can cast the Spirit Guardians spell. This ability can be renewed after a long rest. The dunmer uses their charisma for spell casting puposes.

Imperial
Starting scores: +1 to strength, dexterity, and Constitution if colovian;+1 to intelligence, wisdom, and charisma if Nibenesse.
Movement 30
Racial Features
1. Star of the west. Imperials gain a +2 bonus on Constitution or strength saves.
2. Cosmopolitan. Imperials gain advantage on persuasion checks, that have to do with commerce or business.
3. Voice of the emperor. Imperials may double their proficiency bonus when using the persuasion proficiency. This can be used again after a long rest.

Khajiit
Starting Scores +2 Dexterity and +1 charisma
Movement 35
Racial Features
1. Darkvision. Khajiit can see in in the dark up to 60 feet away.
2. Claws. Khajiit can use their claws in unarmed combat inflicting slashing damage instead of blunt damage.
3. Catfall. Khajiit gain advantage on acrobatics checks.
4. Soft step. Khajiit are proficient in Stealth.

Nord
Starting Scores: +1 strength and +1 Constitution
Movement 30
Racial Features:
1. Ysgramor’s Blessing. Nord are resistant to cold temperatures and ice based spells because of their Atmoran heritage.
2. Tough as Shor's Bones. You gain additional 3 additional hit points at first level.
3. A Nord never backs down. Gain advantage when resisting intimidation of fear effects.
4. Warcry. At eighth level a Nord can take this feature when you have the option to take an ability modifier instead. Once per day this power works like the Intimidating Presence feature that Barbarians get regardless of class.

Orsimer
Starting scores +2 strength, +1 Constitution,
Movement 30
Racial Features
1. Hammer hand. All Orsimer are proficient in Warhammers.
2. Natural skill. Orsimer gain proficiency in artisan tools (Smithing).
3. Ferocity. Orsimer gain a +1 to their AC thanks to their training and ferocity n Battle.
4. Savage strike. Orsimer on a critical hi, can roll one additional damage dice and add it to the total damage.

Redguard.
Starting scores +2 dexterity and +1 Constitution
Movement 30
Racial Features
1. Swordsmanship. All Redguard are proficient in short swords, long swords, and scimitars.
2. Poison resistance. All Redguard have advantage when resisting Poisons and poison damage.
3. Adrenaline rush. All Redguard can enter a brief state. For the next turn, you gain advantage on strength, Dexterity, and Constitution saves. You also gain the ability to inflict 2 extra points of damage in melee and gain a +2 bonus to their AC,. Their movement is also increased to 40. After that turn a long rest is required to be able to use it again.
Last edited by MisterB on Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 30 times in total.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Skyrim in 5e

Post by MisterB »

Now that I am on the mend from my operation, I was able to belt out three more races for the Elder Scrolls/D&D5e conversion.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Okay, as much as I want to love 5e, this whole simplicity of resistance and Immunity makes it incredibly hard to recreate things that had some form of circumstantial Modifier or damage resistance. So I e been struggling with these elder scroll races.

I hated the complexity of 3e and 3.5e and find that the simplicity of 5e too simple. What do you guys think?
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:49 pm Okay, as much as I want to love 5e, this whole simplicity of resistance and Immunity makes it incredibly hard to recreate things that had some form of circumstantial Modifier or damage resistance. So I e been struggling with these elder scroll races.

I hated the complexity of 3e and 3.5e and find that the simplicity of 5e too simple. What do you guys think?
I agree, there are a couple of cases were even the designers had to surrender and use some old style +x effects, the most notable is cover. Keep in mind that Advantage/Disadvantage equal roughly a +/-5 on the roll.

MisterB

Some Fantastic heroes and witches

Post by MisterB »

Halagrid Faircrow
Level 1 human ranger, with the Forester background.
Social Origin: Middle-class (successful)
Age 23, Height 6'3, Weght 235 lbs, Eyes Hazel, Hair Dark Brown.
Features bent nose, hawkish features, full beard kept trimmed, and a scar cutting his left brw in half and one scar down his right cheek.

Abilities
Strength 14 (+1), Dexterity 16 (+2), Constitution 14 (+1), Intelligence 10 (0), Wisdom 14 (+1), Charisma 10 (0)

Combat
Wound Points 6, Hit points 7, Hit dice 1d10
BtH +1 (+2 melee, +3 missile)
Saves 16 (class provides +2 strength and Constitution),
AC 16 (studded leather and small shield)

Weapon Proficiencies
Battle Axe, Dagger, Long spear, Short-bow

Class Features
1. Animal Empathy (-1 save every 3 ranger levels)
2. Combat Maurader , +1 to hit Giants and humanoids
3. Hunting skills, add level to rolls. Climbing, stealth, survival, tracking

Equipment (85 enc)
Studded leather (+3 ac) and small shield (+1 ac), Woodsman's Axe (as battle Axe, 1d8/1d10, speed 7), Hunting Knife (as Dagger, 1d4, speed 2), Hunting Spear (as long spear, 1d8, speed 8), Short-bow (1d6, speed 6)
Explorers outfit, bed roll, 4 pitons, tent, 3 days trail rations, 3 torches, small back-pack, belt pouch, quiver with 20 arrows, waterskin

Background
Halagrid is the older son of a successful militant, a captain of the guard. Though Halagrids interest always took him away from home to travel and live in the wilds, he learned from other rangers and foresters his own way of keeping his town safe from home. Haligar his younger brother took after this father. Halagrid is adventuring to find brigands to get whom attacked their town and caused untold damage and stole dearly the riches that are rightfully the property of his friends and neighbors.

Builders Notes
I decided to introduce you all to FHW, fantastic heroes and witches. A wonderful OSR clone that is well worth the once over. Providing modern rule variations that make the game well worth playing even today. Unlike other variations of dnd, levels generally do not pass level 13 unless they are truly legendary beings. They list Gandalf as a level 11 wizard, though I would slap 4 levels of Wiseman onto that. If you have any other questions you can either ask me, or you can look for yourself on rpg now.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Skyrim in DnD

Post by MisterB »

I was able to resolve the racial Features for Bretons and dunmer by using the monster manual as a guide.
http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 597#p65095
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Some FH&W

Post by MisterB »

All the elder scrolls races are added!