Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's Character Vault

Post by MisterB »

Woo Hoo! I got my hands on Villains and Vigilante's 3.0 !! Might actually put me in a mood to share my creativity again.
MisterB

1st random V&V 3.0 character

Post by MisterB »

Enter the “Wraith”!!
Real Name: Brian Wills, Identity: Secret, Origin: Mutated/Evolved, Birthplace: Local (United States)
Age: 17, Gender: Male, Weight: 160, Mass: 1d6, Background: Tennis Player, Motivation: Vengeance
Wealth: 4 , Luck: 10-

Basic Characteristics
Strength (ST) 11, Endurance (EN) 14, Agility (AG) 12, Intelligence (IN) 10, Cool (CL) 20
Saves: ST 10-, EN 11-, AG 11-, CL 12-
Carry Capacity: 60, Base HTH Damage: d4, Initiative: d8+1
Hit Points: 9, Healing Rate: 1.6, Power: 47, Move: 12”
Physical Defense 2, Mental Defense 0, Inventing Points: 5

Core Abilities
Density: Non-Corporealness (PR Cost 24)
Darkness Control (Full Darkness, 3” Diameter, affects sight and sound, 2 PR)
Weakness Detection (1” range, 0 PR, +4 to hit when scanned)
Heightened Cool +12

Non-Core Abilities
Heightened Strength +5
Willpower (Fortitude)

Weaknesses
Vulnerability (10): Attract Light Damage (-8 defense)
Personal Problem: Dependent (Takes care of ailing mother) (10)

Character Creation Notes & Background
The Wraith is an example of random character creation at normal power level, I decided to only give him one Background, because the only other one viable would have been soldier for him. And Considering his age, he really doesn't qualify for any kind of military service yet. I decided to make him a tennis player, and is actually rather good at it. I want to say that he was on his way to be a professional tennis pro, till a super human battle spilled its way across the field. His father was killed in the crossfire, leaving him to be the one that would take care of his mother who is weak because of cancer. The death of his father, caused his powers to activate. The Wraith is out for vengeance now against the villain who he holds responsible for his father's death.
MisterB

V&V3: The Chronicler

Post by MisterB »

I decided to try converting another character from my old MnM Campaign to VnV. And here are the results. I have a version for Invulnerable I am working on as well. Granted this character was built by the book using a High Level power level for points.

The Chronicler
Real Name: Tanis Lor, Identity: Secret, Origin: Evolved Alien, Birthplace: T'khanis Kor, Age: 14,000 roughly, Gender: Male, Weight: 150, Mass: 1d6, Background: Science, Technology, Motivation: Duty Bound, Wealth: 8 (1d10+1) , Luck: 10-

Basic Characteristics
Strength (ST) 8, Endurance (EN) 10, Agility (AG) 14, Intelligence (IN) 20, Cool (CL) 28
Saves: ST 9- , EN 9-, AG 11-, IN 12-, CL 13-
Carry Capacity: 30 lbs, Base HTH Damage: 1d3, Initiative: d6+d8
Hit Points: 8, Healing Rate: .8, Power: 52, Move: 32”
Physical Defense 4, Mental Defense 10, Inventing Points: 10

Core Abilities
· Ascended Form: Non-Corporealness (0 PR)
· Telekinesis: Kinetic Manipulation (30720/2d10 damage; Non-Coporeal Effect, Range AG”, Multi Kinesis +3 targets, PR =1/attack)
· Telepathy: Verbal and Visual (Use Senses, Mutual, Telepathic Links, Mind Probe, PR = 1/ hour)
· Force Field: Personal Force field (7 kinetic, 7 Energy, 7 Bio, 7 Entropy; Non Corporeal Effect, 16 PR)
· Mental Ability: Mental Blast (To hit IN save +3; 2d6 damage, Range IN”, PR = 1 per use)

Non-Core Abilities
· T'Khan Physiology: Heightened Cool +10, Invulnerable (Disease, Poisons, Aging), Heightened Senses (Cosmic Energy, Basic, Global Sense, Ranged Sense)
· Wealth: 1d10+1

Weaknesses
· Reduced Endurance (-6 EN, -4 ST)

Character Creation Notes & Background
Tanis Lor appears as he once did when he used to have a physical form. He is a sagely looking near human like being with a slightly elongated cranium, faintly sharpened ears, flowing white hair, and piercing blue eyes. A circlet of Nuru adorns his forehead, and carries a t`energy crystal at the center of his brow. He is garbed in flowing white robes, decorated in ancient blue designs which any T`khan can read.

Tanis Lor is known as the Chronicler. He is one of the T'khan that decided to live on earth, he was acended so he could perform his duties by the Verdani. One of the few that remained behind in the general evacuation of the last war. The Chronicler is hidden in an ancient fortress near the northern pole, enveloped in a dimensional pocket (which is slightly out of phase from our own world). The hero Jeremiah Prophet (aka Avatar), and Mistress Psyche, are one of the few that even know of his existence. He monitors earth and records their history in a great crystalline computer core , to preserve events for the future. Sometimes he will interfere but only by giving knowledge to those who seek it, but he would never directly interfere in any event (unless it was truly dire).

Original MnM 3e link: http://atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.ph ... 67#p874588
Last edited by MisterB on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

The Chronicler (Invulnerable RPG)

Post by MisterB »

The Chronicler
Identity: Secret (Tanis Lor), Profession: Watcher, Chronicler, Awesome Level: 7, Origin: Alien 7, Motivations: Protection, Wonders
This character was made by the book,and by the points. If anything he has 2 points left in powers. I just really couldn't figure out how to spend the rest.

Attributes
Strength 4, Toughness 7 (Hyper 2), Agility 8, Insight 10 (Hyper 5), Personality 6, Will 10 (Hyper 2)

Assets
Initiative 33, Vigor 52, Life Force 23, CDEF 13 (16*), RDEF 13 (16*), MDEF 45, DET 46, REP 10
* with Vitality

Health [Foot 25, Leg 42, Torso 62, Head 30, Arm 38, Hand 25]
IPRO/DPRO [Foot 12/3, Leg 18/6, Torso 24/9, Head 18/6, Arm 18/6, Hand 12/3] * with Elemental barrior

Attacks
Hand to Hand, +8 to hit, 1d6 B Damage.
Elemental Bolt, +10 to hit, 36 yard range, 6d6 N damage.

Talents
Basic Talents: Education 10, Metahuman Lore 10, More Money than god 1, Notice 5, Persuasion 2, Self-Control 8, Tech 8
Advanced Talents: Expert 2 (History, Metaphysics), Science 3 (Astronomy, Genetics, Particle Physics), Engineering 3 (Computers, Energy Weapons, Spacecraft), Stability 2, Super Headquarters 8 (The Great Library, Hangar bay, Library, medical bay, Reasearch Lab, Security Systems, Wall upgrade 3), Vitality 2

Powers
Hyper Insight 5 (Alien, Innate' Super Genious, Hyper Linguistics, Skill Switch)
Intangibility 3 (Alien, Innate; Airwalking, Intangible Dodge, Chained Enhancement +1)
Hyper Toughness 2 (Alien, Innate; Regeneration, Immortality, Immunity)
Elemental Control 6 (Telekinesis; Alien, Innate; Elemental Barrier, Elemental Bolt, Manipulate Objects)
Elemental Control 2 (Light; Alien, Innate; Hologram Enhancement (More Effective-Area))
Healing 4 (Alien, Innate; Restore health)
Hyper Will 2 (Alien, Innate; Unbreakable Will - 6 Def )
Extra Body Parts 1 (Alien, Innate; New Sense, detect cosmic energy, more effective-area)

Weaknesses
Outsider 5, Alien
Reject 3, Alien
Oathbound 5, To record the history of planet earth and to protect it from Maecian Influence.
Detached 3, Ascended being.
Last edited by MisterB on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

The Chronicler (M&M 3e)

Post by MisterB »

Tanis Lor - PL 20
And here is the original character, who was not made by the book. Instead he was built freely as I saw fit. In fact I always had more trouble making characters by the points in M&M. But at the same time, MnM gave me much more freedom.

Strength 3, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 8, Fighting 8, Intellect 12, Awareness 15, Presence 10

Advantages
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 5, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Innate, Inspire 2, Jack-of-all-trades, Second Chance: Mind Control

Skills
Expertise: History 10 (+22), Insight 10 (+25), Investigation 13 (+25), Perception 10 (+25), Persuasion 10 (+20), Technology 13 (+25), Treatment 13 (+25)

Powers
Ascended Physiology (Advantages: Innate)
. . Ascended Form: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Affects Corporeal 3, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Subtle: DC 20)
. . Ascended Projection: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Affects Corporeal 10, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Impervious)
. . Telekinetic Flight: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
. . Telekinetic Tendrils: Extra Limbs 4 (4 extra limbs, Advantages: Improved Grab; Affects Corporeal 3, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Projection)
Cosmic Power
. . Blast: Perception Area Blast 13 (DC 28; Alternate Resistance: Will, Perception Area)
. . Healing Energies: Healing 24 ([0 active, 0/52 PP, 2/r+2]; Persistent, Stabilize)
. . Illusion: Illusion 17 ([0 active, 0/52 PP, 3/r], Affects: Three Sense Types - Visual & Hearing, Area: 125000 cft., DC 27)
. . Mass Stun: Burst Area Affliction 17 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 27; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Selective)
. . Telekinesis: Move Object 16 (1600 tons; Affects Corporeal 16, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank)
. . Telepathy
. . . . Communication: Mental Area Communication 4 ([0 active, 0/52 PP, 5/r+1]; Area, Subtle: encrypted)
. . . . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 15 ([0 active, 0/52 PP, 2/r], DC 25)
. . Translation Field: Perception Area Comprehend 4 ([0 active, 0/52 PP, 4/r], Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood; Perception Area, Selective)

Equipment
The Great Library

Offense
Initiative +4
Blast: Perception Area Blast 13 (DC Will 28)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 13)
Mass Stun: Burst Area Affliction 17 (DC Fort 27)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 15 (DC Will 25)
Telekinesis: Move Object 16, +8 (DC 26)
Throw, +8 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 18)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 10, Fortitude None, Toughness 10, Will 20

Power Points
Abilities 102 + Powers 144 + Advantages 13 + Skills 27 (79 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 305

Appearance:
Tanis Lor appears as he once did when he used to have a physical form. He is a sagely looking near human like being with a slightly elongated cranium, faintly sharpened ears, flowing white hair, and piercing blue eyes. A circlet of Nuru adorns his forehead, and carries a t`energy crystal at the center of his brow. He is garbed in flowing white robes, decorated in ancient blue designs which any T`khan can read.

Background Notes:
Tanis Lor is known as the Chronicler. He is one of the T'khan that decided to live on earth, he was acended so he could perform his duties by the Verdani. One of the few that remained behind in the general evacuation of the last war. The Chronicler is hidden in an ancient fortress near the northern pole, enveloped in a dimensional pocket (which is slightly out of phase from our own world). The hero Jeremiah Prophet (aka Avatar), and Mistress Psyche, are one of the few that even know of his existence. He monitors earth and records their history in a great crystalline computer core , to preserve events for the future. Sometimes he will interfere but only by giving knowledge to those who seek it, but he would never directly interfere in any event (unless it was truly dire).

Builders Notes:
Here is a new addition to the M1 Universe. I have been currently re-writing the M1 Universe history, because it needed something new and better. And my original re-write I felt was missing quite a lot from it. When I am finished writing the new history, I will post it up as if it had been spoken by The Chronicler. He something of A Uatu type character for my own universe. He is more of a plot device, but i felt he deserved some stats anyways. He is not Omnipotent or Unkillable.

The Great Library - PL 10

Toughness 20, Size Large

Features:
Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 1, Dual Size: Huge, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Sealed, Security System 3, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 16 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 7 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 25

The Great Library is a store house of interesting Items and Devices, that the GM can bring into play should he need to.
MisterB

TRI-STAT

Post by MisterB »

Sensuali Amoris (100 pts)
Concept: Priestess of the Goddess Horlia.
Setting: Ancient Magnor
Description: The Priestess of horlia, often garbs themselves in a magical cloak. And with the blessing of Horlia, they need not fear the elements. In most cases the wear not more than a loincloth, sandals and an amulet of the red moon as their holy symbol. Shyandara, in particular, is an extremely attractive woman with an olive skin tone, dark full curly hair that drapes down her shoulders almost to breast level. And eyes of ruby red that slightly glow.

STATS: Body 5, Mind 6, Soul 8
DERIVED VALUES: ACV 6, DCV 4 (7)*, Health Points 55, Energy Points 110, Shock Value 11
* Horlia's Blessing

Skills: Cultural Arts 1, Etiquette 2, Melee Attack 1, Melee Defense 2, Occult 4, Performing Arts 2 , Power Use 2 (desire magic), Seduction 2, Special Ranged Attack (Magic) 3, Writing 2

Attributes, Normal
  • Extremely Attractive: Feature 2
    High Priestess: Divine Relationship 5 + Energy Bonus 4 + Organizational Ties 5
    Highly Skilled 4
Attributes, Magical
  • Cloak of Protection: Item of Power 2 (Armor 3, +30 damage reduction)
    Horlia's Blessing: Defense Combat Mastery 3 + Special Defense 5 (Ages Slowly, +6 vs disease, +6 vs. Cold)
    Wind Magic: Dynamic Powers 1 (Wind, Activation Time Initiative 10, Must start over; Intense Concentration, Burns 5 Energy)
    Desire Magic: Dynamic Powers 1 (Desire; Activation Time Initiative 10, Must start over, Intense Concentration, Burns 5 Energy;)
    Death Magic: Dynamic Powers 1 (Death; Activation Time Initiative 10, Must start over; Intense Concentration, Burns 10 Energy)
Defects: Less Capable (Body; Strength -3, 2 bp), Gay (Ism, 1bp), Easily Distracted (attractive women, 1 bp), Not So Tough (-10 health, 1 bp), Owned (The Goddess Horlia, 2 bp)

So I've had this running around in my head for a while, it's an old D&D character for one of my old campaigns. It's an ancient world setting, but high-fantasy. Similar to about the Bronze age, something like the Mesopotamia area. Ancient and Decadent civilizations, gods or half-gods who roam the earth though that time is starting to fade. Shyandara is a priestess to the goddess Horlia, the mistress of delight, and the keeper of the gates of the underworld. It is through her embrace the dead must past into the afterlife. Her husband is the autumn lord, the dying god, who is reborn in spring. It's not much, but it's a start. This character was built on 100 building points, with a cap of "8" for most stats.
Last edited by MisterB on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
catsi563

Re: Mister B's :: V&V 3.0 and Invulnerable Goodness

Post by catsi563 »

Sweet some Big Eyes Small Mouth goodness :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Trying out Tri-Stat & Authority

Post by MisterB »

MOre like Tri-Stat. But I have that and the Authority RPG they put out, so I might be playing with those quite a bit. I want to sit down and play with the system more, and see how I can get the most out of the system for some of my other ideas. Like Elder Scrolls, and such.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ive got both BESM and SAS have to pull a lot of the old builds out when I ran them :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

well There's lots of games Im interested in, just no gaming groups to try anything.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

I feel your pain. Most of the people I game with know a bunch of games, but the only ones anyone will run with any frequency are D&D 5e these days.

It kinda sucks having a bunch of RPGs on hand (and finding new ones) that you really want to try, but have no one to form a group with.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

kenmadragon wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:00 am I feel your pain. Most of the people I game with know a bunch of games, but the only ones anyone will run with any frequency are D&D 5e these days.

It kinda sucks having a bunch of RPGs on hand (and finding new ones) that you really want to try, but have no one to form a group with.
And for me, I have a lot of interest in the small company games out there. Cause some of them are really nice!!
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

I have SAS, Tenchi Muyo and the Authority. Great seeing these builds.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Skaramine wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:12 am I have SAS, Tenchi Muyo and the Authority. Great seeing these builds.
I'm really digging the Authority stuff. I got a few builds I am slowly working on, so will post those when I can get them done.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Thankfully, I have an offline gaming group willing to give just about any game a go. I've run so many different campaigns with so many different it's ridiculous. I'm very blessed to have the gaming group I have.