Charles Trainer (or Warren Conners)
PL11/ 200 PP
Removable (-6 points)
Web Spinning: Create 8 [Continuous, Stationary; Permanent; Quirk - must be anchored to something, Flat - Tether]
Alt: Web Throwing: Move Object 8
Alt: Webbing Over the Eyes: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware; Continuous, Ranged, Cumulative; Limited to One Sense (Vision), Fades]
Alt: Web Slinging: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition; Limited to Two Degrees; Split]
Trap Door Spider:
Teleport 8 [Turnabout, Increased Mass x3, Precise, Change Direction, Change Velocity, 1 Rank of Accurate]
Alt: Spider Swarm: Damage 2 [Strength Based Blugeoning Damage; Burst Area 2, Selective]
Alt: Spider Venom: Affliction 8 [Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated; Cumulative; Flaw: Grab-based]
Alt: Shadow Blending: Concealment 2 [Visual; Blending, Limited to Shadows]
Wall Crawling: Movement 2,
Web Swinging: Movement 1
Leaping 2 (30 ft)
Perfect Balance: Movement 2 [Wall Crawling Limited to Upright Movement],
Danger Sense: Senses 1 [Perception Check DC 10 when surprised (Success means not surprised, 2+ means not surprised and may act).]
Goblin Glider: Summon 3 [Active,Self Powered; Mental Link, Sacrifice (Removable - 2)]
Flash-Bangs: Affliction 4 [Resisted by Fortitude, Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware; Cumulative, Ranged; Limited to one Sense]
Alt: Explosives: Damage 4 [Ranged Burst Area]
Alt: Smoke Pellets: Concealment 2 [Visual; Cloud Area, Attack]
Defensive Roll 4,
Skill Mastery [Always make routine checks on Acrobatics],
Acrobatics 13 (+15),
Athletics 7 (+16),
Deception 7 (+7),
Insight 3 (+7),
Investigation 3 (+5),
Perception 4 (+8),
Persuasion 3 (+3),
Ranged Combat: Web Shooters 1 (+6),
Stealth 5 (+7),
Technology 1 (+3),
Vehicles 1 (+6)
Unarmed +8, Damage 9
Spider Swarm, Damage 11, Burst Area 2, Selective
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 4),
Abilities 70 + Powers 65 + Advantages 13 + Skills 24 + Defenses 28 = Total 200
Power Loss - Web Shooters: He has the same problem that has plagued Spidey(s)... he can run out of fluid at the most inopportune times.
Weakness - In his time as an operative for the Jackal et al, he was programmed with shutdown phrases that certain people have acquired knowledge of.
Guilt - He has guilt regarding actions taken while a mercenary under the control of the Jackal.
Motivation - Redemption - He wants to make up for the ills he causes as a mercenary under the Jackal
Goblin Glider wrote:
PL 3/ 41 pts
Stamina - Absent
Intellect - Absent
Presence - Absent
Construct: (0 points)
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Absent Intellect: Enhanced Intellect -5,
Absent Presence: Enhanced Presence -5,
Fortitude Immune: Immunity 30,
Will Immune: Immunity 30
Goblin Glider: (40 points)
Flight 6 [Affects Others; Dynamic]
Dyn: Lifting Capacity: Enhanced Strength 5 [Dynamic]
As good as its pilot: Variable 3 [15 points to spend on mimicking user's Dodge and Defensive Advantages],
Menace: Enhanced Trait 2 [Enhanced Intimidation (4 ranks); Affects Pilot; Pilot Only],
Floodlights: Environment 2 [Cone (Instead of a burst area)]
(Def Roll 0),
Abilities 2 + Powers 40 + Advantages 0 + Skills 0 + Defenses 0 = Total 42
* Really not sure this will fly (sorry for the pun) but... it cost 6 Power Points and gives 5 flight. If I bought Flight, Platform, Removable it would give me an even higher flight score.
* As it is, he can command the minion to fly as a move action, as per normal... and can "pull up" to put the Glider in the path of danger if needed.
* The variable might be daunting, but all it really does is allow the Dodge and Parry Scores (and if set properly) Advantages like Evasion to come into play.
* Oddly... the Construct rules and all examples charge and note the Fort Immunity, but just mention Will Immune with no mention of a cost associated with it...
* Small change to the Glider - made the Strength dynamic with the Flight and added flood lights...
* For those that realize, yes, Gobby is quite similiar to Nightwing, a character I am playing in the Merge. What can I say, I like Spiders... That's one of the reasons I am thinking about a Goblin Glider actually, to move the concept away from Nightwing a little more.
* Since it wasn`t clear, the Trap Door powers (named for a Trap Door spider), is essentially Nightcrawler`s teleportation abilities, ripped and renamed from Thorp`s build of Kurt.
* I could definitely array some of his wall crawling and other spider movement, but didn`t. Considering that he already has Teleport and Move-By Action, the rest of his movement powers are almost descriptor... but keeping them out of an array makes them independant and available if ever the teleportation is neutralized.
* Haven't decided on a "real name" yet. Charles Trainer is a male version of Carolyn Trainer (Lady Octopus). Warren Connors is a mashup of Miles Warren and Kurt Connors. I originally wanted to include Connors to have an "in-joke" link to the name Kurt (because of the Nightcrawler powers). Warren Connors is definitley my preference, but Charles Trainer is... simpler.
* Some kind of Benefit of being associated with the Web. (Resources, Contacts... that sort of thing.)
* A benefit akin to alternate identity to create an established identity. Will be more clear once the background is up.
One of the Jackal`s attempts to clone Spiderman was actually a splice with another wall crawler. Although clearly Warren had an obsession with Parker, he choose to clone Kurt Wagner. Or more accurately, splice Wagner`s DNA with Parker's.
The result was a success, a super-strong version of Nightcrawler without the physical features that made walking in public difficult for Wagner… The clone was put into cryogenic slumber as Warren saw limited potential for his plans despite the success of the process.
Warren destroyed all of his research and notes on The Trapdoor Spider, as he came to call the project, keeping only the prototype clone on ice. From time to time, he did find uses for his creation, conditioning and programming the clone between missions.
Eventually, Warren began to use the clone as a mercenary, hiring him out to various criminal organizations. It was at this point that he came to the conclusion that Trap Door was not a name that evoked much in terms of inspiration or fear. Discovering a stash of equipment used by the Green Goblin, Warren renamed his creation the Goblin Spider. (This had the benefit of working against the object of his obsession and simultaneously blurring the link to his other work.)
The one or two times that Spiderman clashed with the Goblin Spider, he believed himself to be fighting the Green Goblin and with his teleportation abilities, the Goblin Spider was able to escape custody, and capture for that matter, several times.
In 2011, Madame Web became aware of the Goblin Spider and saw the potential despite the Goblin Motif. She arranged for one of the webslingers to discover information on the clone and in the process also derailed a Hydra plot. In the course of the confrontation, the Goblin Spider was unmasked and the similarities to Peter Parker were noted. It took a great deal of effort to deprogram him, but soon the Goblin Spider became a part of the Web, using his unique talents and abilities alongside those of the more "traditional" web-heads and their allies…
The aliases of Warren Connors and Charles Trainer were actually provided by Peter.
This is (minus the "dumb Power Rangers mask*") kind of an image I have in mind...
*credit to Weird Al for that line.