Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
kirinke

Re: Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by kirinke »

Welll. It is possible to time travel, it's just you can only travel back in time to the point of the merge itself. Now if you're from the far future in the Merge, you can travel back and you can go forward in time. You just can't go back in time prior to the Merge. For this new Universe, that's the big bang point so to speak.

It's also alot more dangerous. Alot more.

As one time child put it, "It's a bit like going through a hurricane in a leaky boat piloted by a drunk Spaniard. I don't recommend it."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Details.

I chose not to put Time Travel in the AlterniTeam either way. :P
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Gamebook

Post by Gamebook »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:55 am Image

Hot Pursuit
PL7/ 135 PP
Nice, I've been sitting on this picture for months waiting for inspiration. I've never been able to get into the Flash comics or TV show so my knowledge of the history of the character and his adventures is limited.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I decided I wanted to test a few of my builds, and so I've been working off and on to complete a little scenario. Done mostly with Die Rolls (apart from filler spots), I have put together a scene for NeoPaladin's Merge Universe, using my updated Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) build and adding a few others.

Concept here is simple, Supergirl will be fighting a being with XD level powers, far beyond her own. Creation rules used are as follows:

:arrow: Builds are in this thread, all have 3:1 Skill ratios and free Social Advantages for Presence ranks.
:arrow: The character idea and addition to belial666’s (from the old forum) powerhouses (mini-hulks) comes from the Fury from Captain Britain.
:arrow: Characters appearing in this little scenario also include Pacifica (Heroes of the North) and Alex Danvers (Chyler Leigh has a cameo), Superlad (Earth 11, fleshed out a little) as well as older versions of Torunn Thorsdottir and James Rogers (using the name Nomad) from Next Avenger: Heroes of Tomorrow.
:arrow: Whether or not I explore the idea further or not is entirely up in the air.

Supergirl - Melissa Benoist PL 11
Pacifica - Victoria Kelina PL 10
Agent Danvers - Alex Danvers PL 10
Torunn - Torunn Thorsdottir PL 11
Nomad - James Rogers PL 10
Superlad - Bart (James Bartholomew) Olsen (Bar-El) PL 11
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The red cape fluttered behind her in the fan generated wind, and although the car held above her head was of little consequence to her, it was suspended by a crane. The rest of the area was carefully crafted chaos, meant to look like a battle was taking place.

“And, action!” A voice called out.

The woman with the S symbol on her chest flexed and the car was sent through the air on the wire towards a target that would be added later with CGI. Crouching down, she jumped up and another wire, this one attached to a corset hidden under her costume, went taut. She resisted another urge, this one to allow herself to control her movement, letting the wire guide her and her own power to merely stabilize her and take the edge off the discomfort of the wire and harness.

Some hours later, a wrap to the day was called and Melissa Benoist found herself standing with her other co stars, a jacket draped over her shoulders to keep out the cool autumn air, even though such things mattered little to her these days. She accepted the cup of hot cocoa graciously and turned to Chyler, her onscreen sister.

“You’d think I’d be enjoying this more, you know, since…” Melissa said, allowing her tone to reflect her meaning, one that the other actress would catch but others wouldn’t.

“Well, save the world a few times and I imagine it gets boring.” The tall brunette answered with a smirk, taking an offered coffee from an attendant and handing off a prop. “Something on your mind, Meli?”

Melissa shrugged. But before she could comment, a siren wailed in the distance followed by another and another. The two friends and co-workers exchanged glances, while a frantic crewman called out about an X-D (an extra-dimensional being) tearing up downtown Vancouver.

The look on Melissa’s face said it all - normally bubbly and full of energy, there was a certain weariness creeping in these last few weeks - Chyler watched as Melissa weaved her way through the crowd, most people ignoring her completely as she made her way from the comotion and hectic attempts to find out more. A few comments about how “too bad she wasn’t really Supergirl” and “I hope an XD hero-type is there to contain it” reached her ears before she was out of normal earshot, and continued when she shouldn’t have been able to hear them anymore. The comments weren’t directed at the actress, because no one had guessed the truth...

Slipping into her trailer, Melissa went directly to the back and out the new (and concealed) door that had recently been installed, one that very few people knew about and only she ever used. She slipped back out into the night air, hidden in the shadows of the unlit rear area of the trailer. A quick glance to either side and slight almost curtsy-like gesture before she stood straight up again, punching downwards with both fists as she went. Melissa Benoist was rocketing up through the air, but with no wires attached and no cameras filming the Supergirl actress this time.

Flying the fifty or so miles to downtown Vancouver, the woman dressed as Supergirl and doing a very convincing impression of her powers scanned ahead towards the disturbance. Gunshots echoed in her ears and she winced, still not accustomed to the powers that she now wielded despite several months of experience with them. The target of the assault was a massive being, clearly an XD, but not one she recognized. Which was saying something as Melissa had been reading a lot lately, trying to get a handle of what new threats were out there.

This thing - even its gender was hard to guess - was at least ten feet tall and dark bluish in color. Gun metal would be a good way to describe the tone. Parts looked like flesh, but other parts looked cybernetic. Whatever it was, it was not likely that it had a friendly disposition. The gunfire didn’t help.

Supergirl landed some fifty feet from the creature, purposefully making noise with her landing and drawing attention. She had the desired effect as a policeman called out a ceasefire. She stepped forward, moving herself in the way that Barry and a version of Superman had taught her to help obscure her identity.

“Stay back and concentrate on getting people out of harm’s way!” Supergirl called out, her stance, uniform and tone making it clear who she was, all sign of the actress gone. Her voice was also modulated to conceal her identity “I will handle the XD!”

The creature responded by grabbing a car and hurling it towards the Girl of Steel who dodged easily.

The creature’s head turned towards the Supergirl, the red glow of its cybernetic optics intensifying as it scanned her. Its arm raised and a blast of energy erupted from the limb.

Supergirl moves as the blast rushes towards her, but is a fraction slower than the energy beam and it catches her squarely, sending her back several feet before she unleashed energy of her own.

For the next several moments it looked as if the two powerful beings would simply trade blows, but it was clear from the first few seconds that whatever this thing was, it was far more powerful than the erstwhile Girl of Steel.

Crashing through a wall and into the side of a van, Supergirl crumbled to the ground as the XD released a battle cry meant to rattle not only its opponent but everyone within earshot. Supergirl attempted to push herself up, but pain lanced through her side and she spit blood. She’d never been in so much pain.

“Supergirl?” a woman’s voice asked, trying to help the hero to her feet, “Can you stand?”

“Chy?” Supergirl said weakly, coughing and spitting more blood. “No. Alex. Thank goodness you’re here. I can’t beat this thing. I can barely slow it down.”

Supergirl knew the world of hurt she had caused the other woman by mistaking her identity, even for a brief moment, but she had to push that thought from her mind. She needed to find a way to contain the creature until reinforcements could arrive.

“Supergirl, help is on the way, you don’t have to keep this up. Pacifica is getting people to safety.”

The sound of a little girl screaming frantically for her mother told Melissa otherwise. Gritting her teeth and wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she leapt forward, defying gravity and no few laws of physics as she hurtled through the air toward the child. She managed to cover the small form with her own as the creatures fists came crashing down, hitting the caped heroine squarely between the shoulders. She screamed in pain as stars danced in front of her eyes, barely managing to push the child away from the fight as she collapsed.

Unable to stand, pain clouding her eyes, Supergirl sank to the ground. Despite her pain, she could hear the bystanders, the police, their fear, their hope. Supergirl felt as if her entire body was about to be consumed by pain. But still she could hear.

The creature started walking towards the gathering of police officers, apparently the Girl of Steel beaten in its eyes. But Supergirl was not done. Two false starts where she fell to the ground again,, and Supergirl launched herself with everything she had towards the beast. Slamming into it at just under her top speed, the sound of the impact shattered glass in the surrounding blocks. The creature went to its knees, Supergirl crumpled to the ground. For a moment, both struggled to get up, but to cries of horror and dismay, the young heroine sank to the ground as the X-D stood.

But then, hope.

A flash of light and a beam of energy from the heavens. Streaming down in all the colors of the rainbow, Supergirl forced open a bloodied eye and watched as something came hurtling out of the light. It struck the XD, nearly dropping it once more in its tracks before hurtling back to the energy beam just as the beam faded to reveal three figures. One, who caught the massive axe as it returned to her outstretched hand, looked like a female version of Thor, which fit given the entrance. The second might as well have been Chris Evans in full Winter Soldier uniform. And the last was a blond man in a short-sleeved version of Superman’s uniform. Supergirl didn’t recognize them beyond the obvious visual cues, but it didn’t really matter. They looked ready to help.

Experience and training were apparent in the trio. They’d worked together before, and they deployed like a well oiled machine to assess and deal with the situation. The Norse goddess and the Captain split as if to flank their opponent, drawing its attention from the civilians and fallen superhero. In a moment of blink and you’d miss it - even for Supergirl - her blonde counterpart was at her side.

“Supergirl,” The blond young man wearing her colors said as he crouched down. “I’m Bar-El. Wish we could’ve met under better circumstances. I’m a big fan. Easy does it, this will help with your injuries.”

Bar-El held what looked like a handheld flashlight. He switched it on and the yellow light felt as if it was suffusing the Girl of Steel’s entire being. She gasped at first, wincing from her injuries but suddenly, the pain began to subside. She looked up at Bar-El’s face, he smiled briefly before glancing back to the battle behind them.

“Not surprised you don’t know about this particular tech.” the Superboy said, “A variant of the Purple Ray the Amazons use on my world. One shot use, good on Kryptonian physiology. Or in your case… Kryptonian Hybrid. Don’t worry. Your secret’s safe with me. It’s actually why I’m such a fan.

“Call me Superlad. No time for introductions, but the guy with the shield answers to Nomad and his girlfriend is Torunn. Children of Captain America and Thor respectfully. Let your comic knowledge fill in the gaps. We need to move.”

Stronger by the second under the light of the device in Superlad’s hand, Supergirl propped herself up and tested her ability to move again.

“Understood. Two other operatives in the area. Pacifica - low key speedster, and a DEO operative with a magnetic-boosted exo-enhancement device.”

Superlad nodded, getting to his feet and offering Supergirl his hand to get to hers.

“Once you hit it, don’t let up.” She said, relief almost palpable in her voice, “That thing can take a beating like nobody’s business. I gave as a good as I got, and it shrugged off my attacks like they were nothing.”

The creature roared, a mix of pain and rage, letting loose a blast of energy towards Torunn. She raised her axe, but the blast instead struck Nomad’s shield as the son of Captain America leapt instinctively to protect his teammate, trusting his shield to protect him. The young hero grunted in pain as the shield slammed against his body, taking the full force of the impact as if it were almost nothing.

Not waiting to see if Nomad’s potential sacrifice had caused him harm, Torunn spun her axe above her head, jumping up and bearing down on the monstrous creature with her considerable might.

As debris continued to rain down, cracks forming in the pavement and other imminent danger to civilians threatened the area, a silent guardian continued her path through the surrounding buildings, pulling people out of harm’s way.

Superlad nodded and smiled at Supergirl, the device in his hand going dark as it burned itself out. He tossed it aside and rose into the air, turning towards the creature with clear intent to engage.

“No wait!” Supergirl called, reaching up and grabbing her doppelganger boot at the ankle. Superlad turned in surprise, as Supergirl released and joined him in the air. “Together. Heat vision, on my mark!

“Now!” The two Kryptonians trained energy beams on the creature, their target raising an arm to fend off the attack. The devastating power does nothing to it. The creature closes with Superlad, grabbing him by the legs and swinging him towards Supergirl. The Maid of Might moved easily out its way, barely startled by the creature’s speed.

“We won’t win by sheer force !” Nomad called out, “Supergirl ! Superlad ! You have to get it away from here! Watch for Torunn’s signal !”

A gust of air signalled Pacifica’s continued race to save lives was working.

Supergirl acknowledged Nomad’s command with a curt nod, looking for a way to get the creature to release Superlad, she rocketed away from the scene before returning at her top speed, reversing course at the last second to go feet first into it. The creature doesn’t move, even as the jolt to Supergirl’s legs runs through her body.

Likely, if the XD could laugh, it probably would at this point. Instead, it swings Superlad like a rag doll, slamming him into the pavement repeatedly. The creature dropped the limp form of the hero, its interest in the male Kryptonian gone.

“Alex,” Supergirl said into her comm, “If you can hear me, find a way to tell Pacifica that I need her help. I need to know if she can generate winds and if so how strong.”

“Got it Supergirl. Hold tight.” Came the response almost instantly. Supegirl had the beginnings of a plan forming, having deduced what Nomad intended. However, without Superlad, this was going to be really tough.

“Good call Supergirl.” Alex’s voice came through Supergirl’s comm. “Find out if anyone else can wield that axe and how strong the Thor-Girl is.”

“Nomad! Can you wield that Axe?” Supergirl called out as she dodged a car and another beam of energy. “And how strong is Torunn ? Are we in the same class? Is she stronger?”

“No. Only she ca. And about the same in many aspects but, you’re stronger in my estimate.” Nomad’s answer was matter of fact. “You have a plan?”

“I hope so.” She sounded like she was trying to convince herself. “Pacifica, if you can hear me, I need you to push this thing with everything you’ve got, but stay out of reach. Torunn, are you ready to open a gateway?”

Before they could plan any further, the monster grabbed the wreck of another car and hurtled it towards Nomad, realizing his shield would be of little use in deflecting the attack, he attempted to get out of the way. The car slammed into him with a sickening crunch. The carcass of the car was a mangled mess around the shield-bearer, leaving him pinned and unable to move.

The creature roared, cowering people that were already fleeing and evacuating the scene. Cameras left filming the battle caught the horrific details. Supergirl was having no luck against the creature, the arrival of three other heroes having done little to help. Another Super was out for the count, and now it looked like only Torunn and Supergirl were left to face the creature.

Supergirl began to rapidly form circles with her outstretched arms, faster and faster until mini cyclones began to form.

“Pacifica! Follow my lead!” She called out.

From an alleyway, another pair of cyclones formed, and both heroes began to push the creature back. It held its ground, undaunted by the massive force of wind being driven against it. It might have worked, but before Torunn could open a portal, beams of energy shot out towards the alley. The wind from that direction stopped.

Torunn’s axe, now in the form of Mjollnir, came hurtling from another location, striking the behemoth squarely in the chest but once more with no effect. The hammer went flying back towards its owner as quickly as it had flown out.

“Supergirl! The area is clear!” Alex’s voice came through the comm, “Get out of there! The Justice League and Avengers are en route. They will contain it!”

“No.” Supergirl whispered, “Too much damage, and two many people are already hurt. This thing might get to evacuees before they get here.”

The Girl of Steel stopped her attempt to push the creature back and adjusted her stance. It turned towards her and started to move forward, its intention to re-engage the opponent it thought bested once more. Supergirl stood her ground, tensing herself, cracking her neck and balling her hands into fists.

A gust of air formed anew, this time Supergirl’s breath was freezing the very air around the creature into a dome of ice. The tactic bought her a moment’s respite, forcing the creature to deal with the icy enclosure and nothing else for the moment.

Supergirl used that moment to collect the unconscious Pacifica and Superlad, depositing them with Torunn as Thor’s daughter released Nomad from the wreckage. Another thunderous slam struck the inside of the ice globe.

“Torunn. It’s just you and I. No one else gets hurt today !”

Slam !

“Where can you send it? Us? I don’t want it dodging so when it gets free, I’m going to hold it in place. Can you send us to the sun?”

“Supergirl! No!” Alex called through the comm “You can’t survive in space long enough to get back !”

Supergirl ignored her.

Slam ! The smallest cracks began to form in the shell.

“Verily.” Torunn said with a nod. She reached out and her weapon, once more in the form of the massive axe, flew to her outstretched hand. Lighting crackled along it and in the goddess’ eyes.

Slam ! The ice cage shattered.

Supergirl didn’t hesitate, and was closing in once more to engage the creature. She swung, not holding back anymore, letting loose the full potential of the power that flowed through her since the Merge in a way that she never did for fear of what she might do. The trade off is that if someone ever deployed Myriad, her love of Sesame Street might be her undoing. Incredibly, the creature shrugged it off ! Before the Maid of Might could react, it unleashed a blast of energy directly at her. Supergirl managed to lean away, the energy discharging up and harmlessly, completely missing her.

Supergirl knew that she could never beat the creature one on one, her mightiest blows were doing nothing. She could hear Torunn spinning the axe by its handle, faster and faster. Her only chance to move would be now. Supergirl pulled back, rocketing into the air, away from the creature. It fired at her again but she looped and dodged, returning at a speed that was almost impossible to follow. The Girl of Steel’s braced herself as she flew towards the creature.

The sound of the impact was deafening, glass shattered and large objects were lifted from the ground by the shock wave. The creature let out a cry of pain as Supergirl’s momentum carried both of them towards Torunn and her opening portal. The air flashed and strobed with the colors of the rainbow and the two combatants hit the light at an incredible speed. Torunn grabbed the axe in mid swing to close the portal.

“NO !” Alex screamed, realizing that the portal would close with Supergirl on the other side. Torunn cast a sad look on the former DEO Agent just as Superlad regained his feet and leapt towards the portal, managing to breach the event horizon as it flickered and closed.

In space, the distance between Supergirl and the creature began to increase as Supergirl slowed her flight speed. Thankfully, her opponent had no means of doing the same. The harsh brightness of the sun filled Melissa’s eyes, even as she could feel its energy coursing through her. Alex’s repeated mention of her inability to survive in space came back to her, even though she knew it was not totally inaccurate. But the truth was, when she struck the creature, Supergirl had exhaled and did not have a lungful of air as she might otherwise have had. She had staying power, but probably not enough to get back to Earth, especially since she’d have to spend precious moments making sure the creature was out of commission.

But she had saved the city. She just prayed there was nothing else like this out there.

Feeling her chest tighten from lack of air, Melissa mentally began to say her goodbyes. But then, a familiar symbol of hope filled her eyes. She immediately thought of her “cousin,” but the blonde hair and short sleeves said otherwise. Superlad pulled her close and away from the increasing pull of gravity from the sun. Together, they rocketed through the inner solar system at well near the speed of light.

He could feel Supergirl’s pulse quickening and her body start to convulse from lack of air as they flew with little resistance. Seconds ticked by and Superlad held his counterpart close, praying to Rao that he was fast enough, fearing that Cythonna's cold embrace would grab them both instead.

Finally, Earth began to grow bigger. Coming in towards the North Pole, the two heroes crashed into the snow, and rolled and flipped along like rag dolls, gulping in the air in deep ragged breaths.

Finally catching his breath, Superlad touched his ear to activate a comm.

“Nomad. This is Superlad. I got her.”

Nomad relayed the news, and in the decimated street where the battle had raged nearly ten minutes earlier, a cheer went up and Alex Danvers shed tears of joy.

“Understood Superlad. We’re coming to you.” Nomad nodded to Torunn, and she once more spun the axe to open a portal, this time to the North Pole.

Meanwhile, Superlad made his way to Supergirl, only to find her holding her chest tightly and trying to rub her arms, her face and lips turning blue. She managed to look up at Superlad and he thought she muttered “so cold” but it was hard for even him to understand over the chattering. Grabbing both their capes, and not comprehending, her wrapped her the best he could against the cold. Searching frantically for something he could melt to give off heat, he was relieved when Torunn’s Bifrost opened. Scooping up Supergirl, he bolted through the portal and onto the warm street of Vancouver.

Supergirl was able to stand, but was visibly weakened, cold and frost caked her hair and exposed skin. She was still shivering.

”Don’t worry - I’ve got the crowd.” Alex said. “My suit’s generating a low level EM field, just enough to keep cameras from being able to focus on us. The DXDO is also running interference on all signals broadcasting out. Your secret is still safe.

“Looks like you got your wish.” The agent added “Seems like that little stunt rendered you human again. At least for now.”

Melissa Benoist managed to smile at Alex, and even to wave to the cheering onlookers as the the other heroes moved in to assist them. Nomad returned his shield to his back, Torunn hefted the axe to her shoulder and Pacifica managed to produce a steaming cup of hot chocolate for the depowered hero. Superlad put his cape back on his shoulders, and handed Supergirl’s cape to Alex. A reporter covered the scene, praising the small group for their actions, the lives saved and the contained damage. Finally, Superlad was the one to speak next. He looked at Melissa with admiration.

“Regardless of Human or Kryptonian, she is Supergirl.”
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

1) And that’s Init. Supergirl gets a 15 , and the Fury gets 24 Supergirl is starting with 3 HP - 1 per normal, 1 for innocents in danger and another because she’s trying to protect her identity.

2) Energy Blast - 21 to Hit, DC 35 Damage
Supergirl takes the hit, but rolls 31 on her Save, taking a single Bruise.

3) Heat Vision - 20 to hit, DC 27 Damage
The Fury rolls 25 - Taking a Bruise - End Round One, both characters are at -1 Toughness next round. The Fury, of course, has Regeneration.

4) Initiative: made a mistake and rerolled init for Supergirl and the Fury. Ignored the rolls and used results from above.
Superlad Initiative: 1d20+14 29,
The Fury; 24
Nomad Initiative: 1d20+10 20,
Torunn Initiative: 1d20+6 18,
Pacifica Initiative: 1d20+11 17
Supergirl 15

New Round, Superlad uses a HP to have a device to Heal Supergirl
The Fury blasts Torunn, but Nomad leaps, using Interpose,DC is 35
Nomad stands his ground, his shield providing the Ultimate Defense (rolled before re-reading his sheet…)
Torunn fails to connect in a meaningful way against the Fury, rolling a 15 to hit
Pacifica does not engage, instead clearing civilians out of harm’s way.

5) Round Three:
Supergirl is healed, and used a HP for Seize Initiative, moving her init to first in line for the rest of the fight or until she holds an action.
Supergirl and Superlad Team Up with their Heat Vision - Supergirl’s attack roll: Heat Vision: 1d20+10 27. Superlad’s attack rollHeat Vision: 1d20+10 13 - HP reroll: Heat Vision: 1d20+10 21
Supergirl is at 2 HP, Superlad is out of HP
The Fury makes it’sToughness DC 29: 1d20+21 41. Grab vs Superlad: Grab: 1d20+16 29 - Superlad resists with Strength vs Grab: 1d20+13 20 vs Strength vs Grab: 1d20+18 25
Nomad uses his action this round to get to Torunn.

6) Round Three
Supergirl charges with a Slam Attack, also using Power Attack. -2 to hit, DC 28 base adjusted to 32 for total -6 to hit (Attack: 1d20+13-2-4 13 - HP reroll - Unarmed: 1d20+13-2-4 26
Supergirl is at 1 HP now. Supergirl’s +12 Toughness actually leaves her bruised from the resulting DC 22 save : Toughness DC 22: 1d20 4 and Dazed!
Superlad tries to escape the Fury’s grasp Try to escape Grab: 1d20+13 22 vs Grab: 1d20+18 38
Superlad’s Toughness against being slammed into the ground is Toughness DC 33: 1d20+12 14 - 4 degrees of failure.
Round Four
The heroes regroup, not actually attacking, instead forming a plan.

7) Round Five
The Fury throws a car. Attack - Thrown Car: 1d20+14 31 Nomad fails to dodge. Calling this ranged Strength Damage, DC 29: Toughness DC 29: 1d20+7 22 That’s two degrees of failure = Dazed, -1 Toughness. He gets a HP as I ruled the car has effectively pinned him until someone gets him out.

8) Supergirl and Pacifica re both stunting. They are generating a Move Object effect, limited to away. Before I roll for a save, Supergirl gets a HP (back up to 2) as the Fury attacks Pacifica with its energy beam. The attack roll is: Energy Beam attack, against full cover: 1d20+14-5 13, Pacifica gains a HP as I reroll that (total 2) Energy Beam attack, against full cover: 1d20+14-5 26 DC 35 damage Toughness DC 35: 1d20+8 11
Torunn’s attack is an area attack, DC 26 Toughness - Toughness DC 26: 1d20+21 28

9) Alright, the real point of this exercise. I wanted to try out her Holding Back Advantage. With only Torunn left, the amount of damage the Fury has caused and the stakes, I figure it’s as good a time as any to try.
Since Supergirl had held her action at one point, the Fury now has the upper hand Initiative wise, except Supergirl’s new Init bonus is +22 - enough to keep her 1st to act.

10) Using Ice Walls - Create 16 Proportional Toughness/ Strength. Toughness is Impervious and at 15 ranks.
The Ice Walls hold against the creatures first attack - Toughness DC 27: 1d20+15 22 - taking a -1 Toughness.
Second attack - the creature fails to make progress: Toughness DC 27: 1d20+15-1 30 = -1 Toughness
Toughness DC 27: 1d20+15-2 27 = -2 Toughness

11) Attack: 1d20+13 25 Power Attack -5/+5 = 20, DC 32
Toughness DC 32: 1d20+21 38

12) Energy Beam attack: 1d20+14 19

13) Attack (Slam): 1d20+13 23 Power Attack -5/+5
Fury Toughness DC 38: 1d20+18 26 3 degrees of failure
Supergirl Toughness DC 24: 1d20+16 31 vs slamming
Massive Knockback: Strength: 1d20+18 20 save vs DC 23 - She knocks it back -

14) That was three degrees of failure, Staggered and at -1 Toughness. Also, knocked back 2 miles by my calculation. More than sufficient to wind up on the other side of the portal.

15) Superlad will Power Stunt off his flight to gain Movement: Space Flight

16) Supergirl can hold her breath for roughly 4 minutes, leaving another 30 rounds to get back to Earth at Light Speed. With her Half Immunity to Suffocation, she would need to roll 15 Fortitude Checks. DC 10 - 25. Same thing for Superlad. I’m ruling he took a deep breath, but RAW he’ll actually run out of air before Supergirl. Same die rolls though.

17) As a result of using Holding Back, Supergirl is rendered powerless for a time. Much like the episode Human for a Day from Season 1 of her series.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Gamebook wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:41 am Nice, I've been sitting on this picture for months waiting for inspiration. I've never been able to get into the Flash comics or TV show so my knowledge of the history of the character and his adventures is limited.
Thanks, I kind of feel it was a "low quality finish" to the AlterniTeam though.

To compensate, I've been toying with adding some members, based on other characters from Hero High and other members of Young Justice.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Supergirl Blue
Allura Zor-El/ Alexandra "Alex" Danvers

PL10/ 180 PP

Abilities
Strength 13,
Stamina 3,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers(26 points)
Electromagnetic Being:
Magnetic Immunity: Immunity 10 [Magnetics, All Environmental Conditions],
Quick Change: Feature 1,
Electromagnetic Force Field: Create 12 [Proportional]
Alt: Bracing: Immunity 10 [Sustained]
Alt: Magnetic Shield: Protection 8 [Sustained]
Alt: EM Disruption Field: Concealment 3 [Normal Vision, Hearing; Affects Others, Burst Area; Limited to Technology]
Offensive Powers: (30 points)
Electromagnetic Blast: Damage 12 [Precise]
Alt: EMP: Weaken 6 [Affects Objects Only, Broad, Burst, Simultaneous]
Alt: Degauss: Nullify 6 [(Magnetism); Magnetic powers are temporarily nullified, but can recover. Degaussing also destroys magnetic storage media, such as audio and video tape or some types of magnetic computer disk drives, wiping out the stored information.; Broad, Simultaneous, Cone]
Alt: Magnetic Repulsion: Move Object 12 [Limited to Flinging Targets Away]
Alt: Railgun: Damage 12 [Quirk (requires object as ammo)]
Alt: Electrostatic Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 [Power Lifting 3, Tactile Strength – Feature 1 (Exert Strength without leverage)]
Movement Powers: (25 points)
Flight 12
Alt: Magnoport: Teleport 7 [Extended; Change Direction, Change Velocity]

Equipment
Government ID
Identification Credentials: Morph 2 [Set for Specific Individual]
Alt: Biometric Decoder: Morph 2 [Limited to Biometrics, Technology Check Required; Precise]
Alt: Omni Card: Affliction 6 [ (Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude); Cumulative, Affects Objects Only; Limited to Third Degree Only, Limited to Card Access Technology]

Advantages
Leadership, ,
Assessment,
Accurate Attack,
All-Out Attack
, Improved Initiative 2,
Interpose,
Move-By Action,
Skill Mastery [(Expertise: Science)],
Skill Mastery [(Technology)],
Quick Draw
Extraordinary Effort,
Great Endurance,
Improved Grab,
Chokehold,
Fast Grab,
Equipment 3

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+3),
Athletics 4 (+17),
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+8),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Science 5 (+9),
Insight 5 (+7),
Intimidation (+2),
Investigation 5 (+9),
Perception 6 (+8),
Persuasion (+2),
Stealth 5 (+5),
Technology 6 (+10),
Treatment 8 (+12),
Vehicles 5 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +8

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 9
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 0), ortitude 8, ill 12

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 81 + Advantages 17 + Skills 19 + Defenses 29 = Total 180

Complications
Uncontrolled – Her Create and Blast powers are uncontrolled when they come in contact with water
Weakness – Kryptonite
Secret Identity – Alex Danvers, operative of the DXDO

Design Notes
:arrow: Supergirl Blue. I was inspired of course by Phil Cho's take on Strange Visitor. This character grew from the idea of trying to do a version of SV (or Superman Blue) to something more.
:arrow: Supergirl Blue is Alex Danvers, an alternate CW-verse Supergirl. Instead of the Supergirl we know, this universe's Kryptonians interact differently not with the sun, but a planet's electromagnetic field.
:arrow: kinda wish I could find (or had the skills/ program) to create a red palate swap of this image, I kind of envision Alex and Kara still being "sisters" but of a different sort, with Kara being Supergirl Red, a chosen of Rao and embodiment of the power of the Red Sun.
:arrow: In effect, Alex Danvers would be Allura Zor-El, Kara's twin instead of mother. Kara would keep the Kara Danvers moniker.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

*Inspiration came from art by Phil Cho. Credit where credit is due as this art was commissioned for Roysovitch's Earth 27 project. All credit to both sources.

Power Girl Image

Power Girl
Karen Starr (Margot Sabine Grayson)

PL11/180 PP

Abilities
Strength 13,
Stamina 12,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 9,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 2,
Presence 3

Powers
Viltrumite Physiology: (16 points)
Quickness 3,
Immunity 7 [Heat, Cold, Pressure, Aging, Suffocation, Radiation, Disease],
Increased Mass: Feature 2,
Super Strength: Power-Lifting 4
Viltrumite Power: (53 points)
Viltrumite Toughness: Enhanced Stamina 12,
Viltrumite Strength: Enhanced Strength 13
Alt: Sleeper Hold: Affliction 12 [(Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated); Progressive; Grab Based]
Alt: Tug of War: Damage 8
Alt: Thunderclap: Affliction 12 [(Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Stunned),; Burst Area, Extra Condition; Limited Degree]
Movement: (27 points)
Flight 12
Alt: Unstoppable: Burrow 12 [Penetrating]
Space Flight: Movement 1

Equipment

Advantages
Attractive 1
Fascinate 2
Connected,
Benefit 1 [Established Identity],
Interpose,
Power Attack,
All-Out Attack,
Chokehold,
Fast Grab,
Improved Grab,
Improved Hold,
Improved Initiative 1,
Interpose, Benefit 1 [Last Stand – Ignore all Damage for 1 Round w/ HP],
Move-by Action,
Ranged Attack 2,
Diehard,
Improved Critical 1 [Unarmed (19-20)],
Improved Defense,
Improved Disarm
Improved Trip

Skills
Athletics 2 (+15),
Deception 3 (+6),
Expertise: Business 6 (+8),
Expertise: Current Events 1 (+3),
Insight 6 (+8),
Intimidation (+3),
Perception 5 (+7),
Persuasion 3 (+6),
Ranged Combat: Throwing 6 (+8),
Stealth (+2),
Technology 7 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +9, Damage 13

Defense
Dodge 9,
Parry 9
Toughness 12 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 12,
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 96 + Advantages 20 + Skills 13 + Defenses 15 = Total 180

Complications
Responsibility (Viltrumite Rage)- All Viltrumites get angry very quickly, and restraining themselves in times of anger is extremely difficult.
Weakness (High-Level Sonics)- Viltrumites require inner-ear stability in order to fly, and can be incapacitated by certain degrees of sonic pulses.
Secret – Not Kryptonian. She wields the name, and many of the powers, but this iteration of Karen Starr is not Kryptonian
Demeaning Perception: Power Girl is not afraid to flaunt her female attributes, which sometimes causes unwanted distraction and allows others to make ill-informed judgments of her character.

Design Notes
:arrow: My usual: Skills 3:1, Social Advantage per Presence Rank. PL 11/180 because I felt like it. :P
:arrow: Kind of on an Alternate-Supergirl kick. This version of Power Girl is one of I've wanted to do for some time, but she's mostly a paragon so not that original in terms of build. What I did for the character though is combine the DCA Power Girl with Jab's PL 11 Invincible build. She comes out as a better rounded character as a result IMO, but no less brash or impulsive.
:arrow: I put the Strength and Stamina into powers for Power Stunting and APs.
:arrow: I don't normally use Last Stand in 3e, but I think it fits on a Viltrumite.
:arrow: I purposefully did not look at my Merge Supergirl before almost completing this as I wanted to see how they'd stack up when I was done. I'm pleased with the similarities and the differences.
:arrow: I've never actually used Tug of War from the Strength Profile. And in this instance, I made it a full blown AP of her Strength and not just a power built on Strength Damage. This means that its not at full strength rank and that she does not have access to her Strength the round she uses this power. I still think it makes sense for the character.

Background Notes
:arrow: This iteration of Power Girl, as noted, is a character in the Merge Universe, is a Viltrumite and is using the name (and identity) of Karen Starr.
:arrow: In terms of origin, I envision her not necessarily as a direct Rule 63 Invincible, albeit that would be a good interpretation. Her world was definitely not a Rule 63 version of the Invincibleverse, but she was Margot Grayson on her world, and known as Invincible. Even on her world though, she shared qualities with Power Girl in terms of business smarts, wit and the like. Power Girl's temper is multiplied via the Viltrumite rage but is still there.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Supergirl Red
Kara Zor-El/ Krystin Danvers

PL10/ 195 PP

Abilities
Strength 11,
Stamina 1,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 4,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
Guardian of the Phantom Zone: (39 points)
Phantom Zone Shunt: Teleport 9 [2 miles/ 1000 miles; Affects Others, Accurate, Extended; Others Only; Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 10 (25 tonnes)]
Alt: Phantom Zone Banishment: Movement 1 [Perception Ranged, Attack; Resistance DC 20 (Resisted by Dodge or Will)]
Alt: Dimensional Travel (Phantom Zone): Movement 1 [Portal; Increased Mass 15 (800 tonnes)]
Alt: Phantom Form/ Density Decrease: Insubstantial 4
Embodiment of Rao: (80 points)
Flight 17 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Space Flight: Movement 3
Dyn: Speed of Rao: Speed 12 [Dynamic, Linked Dynamic Quickness 11]
Protection of Rao: Protection 10,
Strength of Rao: Enhanced Strength 10 [Dynamic, Linked Power Lifting 4]
Dyn: Rao's Rage: Damage 14 [Ranged; Variable Descriptor – Any Electromagnetic or Stellar, Dynamic,5 ranks Distracting]
Dyn: Light of Rao: Environment 7 [Light/ Heat; Dynamic, Precise, Linked Dynamic Precise Environment (Heat) 7]
Dyn: Rao's Vigilance: Senses 13 [Senses 15 (Acute and Extended Hearing, Extended Vision 2, Infravision, Ultra Hearing, Vision Penetrates Concealment (except lead)) , Ranged Detect Gravitational Flux, Sense Relative Gravity to within 1/10 of Earth's Gravity, Radio Hearing; Radio Communication 4 (Worldwide); Dynamic]
Power Stunts (Emb. Of Rao): (0 points)
Gravitic Containment: Nullify 11 [Explosions, Reaction; Tiring],
Singularity: Move Object 8 [Burst Area2, Damaging; Limited to drawing objects toward the centre; Linked Dimensional Movement (Portal), Activation (Move)], Gravikinesis: Move Object [Dynamic]
Power Stunt (Guardian of the Phantom Zone): (0 points)
Release Phantom Zone Denizens: Summon 10 [Variable Type; Attitude]

Equipment

Advantages
Defensive Attack,
Languages 1 [Kryptonian, English],
Move-By Action,
All-Out Attack,
Extraordinary Effort,
Inspire

Skills
Athletics (+11),
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+9),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Krypton 9 (+11),
Expertise: Journalism 6 (+8),
Insight 4 (+6),
Intimidation (+2),
Investigation 6 (+8),
Perception 7 (+9),
Persuasion 6 (+8)
Ranged Combat: Rao's Rage 6 (+6),
Stealth (+2),
Technology 5 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9, Damage 11
Rage of Rao +6, Damage 14

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 7
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 8,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 28 + Powers 119 + Advantages 4 + Skills 18 + Defenses 26 = Total 195

Complications
Weakness – Kryptonite. Despite her vastly different powers, Supergirl Red is still vulnerable to Kryptonite.
Responsibility – Kara is the Embodiment of Rao, the Kryptonian God of Light and Life
Enemy – Cythonna. Unfortunately, being Rao's Emmissary also brings with it his enemies...
Relationship – Krystin is in a relationship with her universe's Lisa Allen (a variant of the Flash).

Design Notes
:arrow: Supergirl Red borrows from a traditional Supergirl/ Kryptonian powerset, gravity powers and the concepts of the Phantom Zone circuitry in the Supernova suit from Infinite Crisis.
:arrow: In addition to all listed descriptors, all powers not related to the Phantom Zone also have a Divine Descriptor.
:arrow: I was aiming for PL 10/180 PP like Supergirl Blue, but... her Phantom Zone powers are actually what put her beyond/ above a PL 10/ 150 PP normal point allotment.
:arrow: Supergirl Red's Ranged Power "Rao's Rage," is also what she uses in melee.
:arrow: Skills are 3:1 and she has two Advantages from her Presence score.
:arrow: At least one of her power stunts would require the use of two HP to work. Would probably be a good candidate for purchase with her first awarded PP.

Background Notes
:arrow: Finally found a Supergirl Red variant. Had no idea about the Rebirth Superwoman, but I like the design.
:arrow: To compliment my Supergirl Blue. In an alternate CW verse where Allura and Kara are sisters (Allura being older by six years), they were sent to Earth by their parents. In Supergirl Blue's notes I mention the idea that it's the electromagnetic field of a planet that a Kryptonian taps into and not just the sun. (I never liked the name Astra and so didn't go with the twins coming to Earth instead of Allura and Kara.)
:arrow: Supergirl Red could have those powers (and the blue effect instead of the red), except that she's the Chosen of Rao and her powers come from a combination of a magnetic field and a direct link to the Kryptonian god of light. Were she to lose that link, she would likely develop powers like her sister.
:arrow: I envision her as both more powerful but less skilled than her sister in using her powers.
:arrow: I went with Krystin" Danvers for two reasons. I'm a little annoyed by CW Supergirl using Kara as her normal name. I get it that's it less confusing than the whole Linda/ Kara thing to viewers, but it works for Clark. (Grr.) Another reason is that I wanted to separate all my Supergirl variations a little. Using Krystin also made sense since Allura took a human name in Alexandra (Alex).
:arrow: Amusingly, I originally wanted to go with Katherine for her first name, but it was nagging at the back of my mind that I might want to do something with the Batwoman from their universe, Kate Kane. Then I was going to go with Caroline but realized how close it was to Carol and although there are no real plans of mine to use Ms Marvel (or any variant thereof) at the moment, it was still too close.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Godspeed
Larissa of Themiscyra (Lisa Allen)

PL10/190

Abilities
Strength 7,
Stamina 8,
Agility 4,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 8,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 2,
Presence 3

Powers
Herald's Sceptre: (33 points)
Removable (-9 points)
Collapsible: Feature 1, Light: Environment 3 [Feature – Burst or Cone, Precise],
Perfect Timing: Feature 2 [Edit Scene once per adventure per rank to appear in it],
Turn the Undead: Affliction 7 [Resisted by Will – Compelled, Controlled; Perception, Cumulative, Cone Area; Affects Undead Only, Limited Degree]
Alt: Resurrection: Healing 10 [Resurrection; Limited to Resurrection]
Alt: Sleep: Affliction 7 [ (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; Burst Area, Selective, Cumulative]
Alt: Pathfinder: Senses 8 [(Detect Path, Accurate, Acute, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Ranged, Tracking 2)]
Child of the Gods: (46 points)
Olympian: Immunity 3 [Age, Disease, Poison],
Fleet of Foot: Flight 12 [Only within 6 inches of a surface; Quickness 8],
Gift of Zeus: Damage 12 [Lightning; Ranged; Quirk – Activation (Move Action)]

Equipment

Advantages
Inspire 2,
Leadership,
Teamwork,
Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8),
Athletics 8 (+15),
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10),
Close Combat: Staff 4 (+12),
Deception 4 (+7),
Expertise: Tactics 6 (+7),
Expertise: Mythology 6 (+7),
Insight 10 (+12),
Intimidation (+3),
Investigation 9 (+10),
Perception 4 (+6),
Persuasion (+3),
Ranged Combat: Gift of Zeus 6 (+8),
Stealth (+4),
Technology 6 (+7),
Treatment 6 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +4

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 10
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 10,
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 79 + Advantages 2 + Skills 25 + Defenses 14 = Total 190

Complications
Relationship – Larissa is in a relationship with Supergirl Red
Underestimated – People often think that her sceptre is the source of her power and think that once removed that she is, well, powerless

Design Notes
:arrow: Godspeed is a placeholder, I feel it smacks of Hubris. Kid Mercury works too, and I thought of using Max Mercury, changing her civilian name to Maxine or something along those lines. Undecided.
:arrow: Worth noting, that although I'm using the Merge house rules (Skills 3:1, social advantage per rank of Presence), the PP totals are falling where they may on these last few builds and they're not really intended to appear in the Merge in any real way.
:arrow: If she were in the Mergeverse, she'd have the complication: Mistaken Identity – People assume she is Courtney Whitmore – Stargirl

Background Notes
:arrow: Larissa of Themiscyra was raised by the Amazons, and while she is considered to be one, she is actually the biological daughter of Athena and Hermes.
:arrow: Her uniform, much like Wonder Woman's, is based off the American Flag, and in the case of Godspeed, even more so.
:arrow: She is her world's version of the Flash, and since I couldn't find a female variant of Barry I liked, I went with Lisa, because, Simpsons reference.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Some may note that I've changed or removed much of the artwork that I was using for the last few pages of my builds. All Artwork by Phil-Cho and most used for a fan project called Earth 27.

After reading a request on Deviant Art by the founder of the Earth 27 project (Roysovitch) and contact with him, I decided to remove the work. Mostly out of respect to the project and its founder, in part due to the amount of time and money he was putting into it.

I'd like to point out that Roysovitch did not demand outright that I remove the art, and he was actually quite open to finding means to allow it. Part of me supposes that he knows he can't really control the internet, but given his civility and the scope of his project, I will content myself to be inspired by his project and search for art elsewhere.

After all, from day one of posting on the various forums associated with M&M, I've always said that a simple request from an artist to not use their art would be honored.
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Green Lantern Sector 1003
Clark Kent/ Zan-El

PL11/ 195 PP

Abilities
Strength 8,
Stamina 4,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 3,
Awareness 2,
Presence 1

Powers
Green Lantern Power Ring: (29 points)
Removable (-20 points)
Life Support Immunity: Immunity 10, Flight 14
Alt: Space Travel: Movement 3
Environmental Adaptation (Zero G): Movement 1, Force Field: Create 8
Force Manipulation: (33 points)
Force Blast: Damage 12 [Ranged; Dynamic]
Dyn: Force Bubble: Immunity 8 [(Life Support – Not Starvation/ Thirst); Affects Others Only, Burst Area, Ranged]
Dyn: Force Constructs: Create 12 [Precise,]
Dyn: Lifting: Move Object 12 [Precise]
Dyn: Mobile Constructs: Create 8 [Movable; Increased Mass]
Scanning/ Communication Functions: (15 points)
Communication: Senses 1 [Communication Link to Central Power Battery], Universal Translator: Comprehend 4
Dyn: Scanning Beam: Senses 8 [[Distance Sense, Direction Sense; Life Sense (Acute, Ranged Detect Life); Analytical Detect Health]]
Dyn: Enhanced Senses: Senses 8 [Extended Vision 2; Extended Hearing 2; Infravision, Darkvision, Low Light Vision]
Dyn: Additional Senses: Senses 8 [Time Sense, Ultra-Hearing, Spatial Awareness; Cosmic Awareness + Feature 1 – Directed Inspiration]
Ring Training: (8 points)
Enhanced Advantages: Enhanced Trait 6,
Precise on Ring Force Manipulation: Feature 1,
Quick Change: Enhanced Trait 2 [Any clothing; Signature Colours - Black, White and Green]

Equipment

Advantages
Ultimate Effort [Spend HP for auto 20 on Will Save]
Fearless,
Minion 7 [Kryptonian Robot Servant],
Inventor,
Extraordinary Effort,
Improvised Tools,
Defensive Attack,

Accurate Attack,
Precise Attack 2
Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 1 (+9),
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+6),
Deception (+1),
Expertise: Archaeology 6 (+9),
Expertise: Kryptonian History 3 (+6),
Expertise: Earth History 1 (+4),
Insight 8 (+10),
Intimidation (+1),
Investigation 4 (+7),
Perception 5 (+7),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Power Ring 7 (+10),
Stealth (+1),
Technology 3 (+6),
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Offense
Initiative +1
Ring Blast +10, Damage 12
Unarmed +6, Damage 8

Defense
Dodge 10,
Parry 10
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 10,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 85 + Advantages 13 + Skills 21 + Defenses 32 = Total 195

Complications
Power Loss (Strength reduces to 4 or less on high gravity world)
Power Loss (The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low)
Weakness (Power Rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the max rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Design Notes
  • PL 11/ 195 PP
  • Note, there are four aspects to the Power Ring, but they combine their total point cost for the removable flaw.
  • I didn't give him immunity or heavy-G adaptation outside the ring, but even without the ring he should be adaptable on high gravity worlds, likewise for things like Speaking English (Kryptonian is his native language).
  • The character is adapted from Superman: Last Son of Earth. I used Zan-El as his name as I envisioned Superman (Kal-El) being sent to Earth in his universe, in which case I also gave Zan-El the name of Kyle Rayner. I went halfway on this version.
  • I still need to design Krypto, his PL 5 servitor robot.
  • Note, background wise, like in the story he comes from, this version of GL 1003 still chose to remain on Earth, giving up the ring. It was his world's version of the Final Night that saw him become GL again. Although technically assigned to 1003, he visited Earth whenever he could. (Permitting him to travel between sectors, I envision him to be part of his universe's Honor Guard. A Benefit to be sure, but not one that I felt was relevant to spend a point on for this game.)
  • 2018/12/24 - Tweaked the build a little. Wanted him to have some Expertise in archaeology and to bump Krypto up to 105 points.

Krypto 2.0
PL5 Minion

Abilities[/SIZE]
Strength 5
Stamina NA
Agility -1,
Dexterity -1,
Fighting 0,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 1,
Presence 0

Powers:(56 points)
Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30,
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Toughness Offset: Protection 5,
Armor Plating: Protection 5,
Memory Download: Immortality 4 [(1 week); Linked Communication Link 1 – Central Power Battery],
Re-programmable Skills: Variable 3 [Limited to Enhanced Skills, Slow; (Listed as cost of 0 on the character sheet as currently programmed skills calculate point cost)] Sensory Array: Senses 13 [Heads Up Display; Radio Hearing, Microscopic Vision 4, Time Sense, Distance Sense, Direction Sense; Spatial Awareness: (Accurate, Radius, Ranged Mental Sense); Dynamic]
Alt: Control Technology: Affliction 7 [(Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude),; Ranged Cumulative; Limited to third degree only, Affects Objects Only, Limited to Technology ; Dynamic]
Flight 3,
Lantern Battery: Feature 1

Equipment
Integrated Equipment
Holographic Imaging Device: Morph 1 [Illusory],
Flashlight: Feature 1 [Projects a beam 30 feet long and 15 feet across at its end],
Computer: Feature 1,
Video Camera: Feature 2,
Interface: Comprehend 2 [(Machines)],
Compartment: Feature 1 [Compartment in main body cavity can be used as storage for 1 cubic foot of material],
Data Storage Drive: Feature 1,
Language Databanks: Comprehend 3 [Speak, Understand, Read all languages]

Advantages
Close Attack 5,
Equipment 4,
Eidetic Memory,
Well-Informed,
Improvised Tools

Skills
Athletics (+5),
Deception (+0),
Expertise: Current Events 1 (+5),
Expertise: Science 6 (+10),
Insight (+1),
Intimidation (+0),
Investigation 6 (+10),
Perception 6 (+7),
Persuasion (+0),
Stealth (+-1),
Technology 7 (+11),
Treatment 2 (+6)

Offense
Initiative -1

Defense
Dodge 2,
Parry 0
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude NA,
Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 16 + Powers 56 + Advantages 12 + Skills 14 + Defenses 7 = Total 105

Design Notes
* WIP for his Servitor robot. I either need to shave some points (and I could easily get rid of 15 points with the Close points spent Combat and Strength or find two points on my GL build to put into the minion. (2018/12/24 - did the latter ;))
* I gave him Variable Skills - despite the conversation about Paulo's reticence to allow Variable. However, it has the Slow modifier and is only re-assignable outside of combat (and limited to skills).
* "Toughness Offset" is a zero cost skill, used to reset the Toughness score to zero as per Construct creation
* In the above image, I would substitute green for the blue.
* I made the robot essentially immortal - if destroyed it will return after 1 week, it's programming and core memories downloaded into a new frame. In the meantime, it reverts to a "basic" GL battery
* Still need to add the EP - these will mostly be tools and the like. Hmmm.. I had wanted (but ran out of points) to give him a holographic imaging device. Mebbe I'll put that into EP...
* Just reread the comic. He actually uses the name Krypto. Changed it.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

*Inspiration came in part from Earth 27 Harbinger art by Phil Cho. Credit where credit is due as this art was commissioned for Roysovitch's Earth 27 project. All credit to both sources.

Harbinger
Lyla Michaels

PL11/195 PP

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 3,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 2,
Intellect 3,
Awareness 6,
Presence 2

Powers
Emissary of the Monitor: (55 points)
Cosmic Awareness: Senses 1 [Feature – Aware of True History of Multi-Verse/ Temporal Inertia],
Universal Translation: Comprehend 2 [Speak All, Understand All],
Immunities: Immunity 14 [Immunity to disease, poison, all environmental conditions, suffocation; Dimensional Anchor – Immunity 5 – Dimension Powers],
Flight 14 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Space Flight/ Dimensional Travel: Movement 5 [(Parallel Universes); Dynamic]
Dyn: Energy Blast: Damage 12 [Ranged; Linked Enhanced Skill (Ranged Combat: Energy Blast) 6 (3 points), Dynamic]
Dyn: Energy Shield: Create 11 [Dynamic]

Pan-Universal: (48 points)
Duplicates: Summon 6 [Horde, Multiple Minions 3 (8 Duplicates), ; Distracting, Feedback; Mental Link, Activation (Standard Action) -2]
Alt: Duplication: Summon 13 [Heroic; Feedback; Mental Link]

Advantages
Assessment,
Defensive Roll 3,
Eidetic Memory,
Well-Informed

Skills
Athletics (+0),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: History 6 (+9),
Expertise: The Multiverse 6 (+9),
Insight 4 (+10),
Intimidation (+2),
Investigation 5 (+8),
Perception 4 (+10),
Persuasion 4 (+6),
Ranged Combat: Energy Blast 2 (+4),
Stealth (+0),
Technology 3 (+6),
Treatment 4 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +0
Energy Blast +10, Damage 12

Defense
Dodge 14,
Parry 10
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 3),
Fortitude 8,
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 103 + Advantages 6 + Skills 19 + Defenses 31 = Total 195

Complications
Responsibility – The Monitor, Harbinger is an emissary of the Monitor, and answers to him first and foremost
Power Loss – Harbinger must recharge her power reserves with the Monitor from time to time

Design Notes
:arrow: PL 11/ 195 PP
:arrow: Created for Crisis of the Secret Wars
:arrow: She is adapted for PL and PP from the DCA H&V Harbinger
:arrow: Complications are my addition to that build, in tribute/ reference to the original appearance of Harbinger in CoIE.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Red Venom
Jason Todd

PL11/195

Abilities
Strength 8,
Stamina 7,
Agility 4,
Dexterity 5,
Fighting 8,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 2,
Presence 5

Powers
Venom Symbiote: (38 points)
Immune to Spider Sense: Concealment 2,
Enhanced Strength 5,
Enhanced Stamina 3,
Enhanced Agility 3,
Parkour: Movement 6 [ (Environmental Adaptation (Urban), Safe Fall, Sure-Footed 2, Wall-Crawling 2), ; Quirk – 4 ranks limited to moving in Urban Environment],
Tether Line: Movement 1 [(Swinging)],
Scuttle: Speed 2,
Leaping 2
Morphing Qualities: (4 points)
Quick Change: Feature 2, Danger Sense, Radius Sight: Senses 2

Equipment
TBD

Advantages
All-Out Attack,
Close Attack 5,
Defensive
Roll 2,
Diehard,
Equipment 3
, Evasion 1,
Improved Trip,
Improved Initiative 1,
Move-By Action,
Power Attack,
Takedown 1,
Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Hold,
Quick Draw,
Weapon Bind, Chokehold,
Improved Defense,
Improved Grab,
Uncanny Dodge,
Favored Foe [Nightwing]

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+12),
Athletics 6 (+14),
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+14),
Deception 10 (+15),
Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+10),
Insight (+2),
Intimidation 14 (+19),
Perception 8 (+10),
Persuasion 3 (+8),
Ranged Combat: Handguns 9 (+14),
Stealth 6 (+10),
Vehicles 3 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +14, Damage 8

Defense
Dodge 13
, Parry 13
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 15,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 42 + Advantages 28 + Skills 38 + Defenses 27 = Total 195

Complications
:arrow: Power Loss (Fire & Sonics)- The Symbiote Race fears both fire and extremely loud noises. Being in proximity to either weakens Brock to the point of losing all his abilities, moreso with more powerful applications.
:arrow: Weakness (Fire & Sonics)- Similarly, Venom takes extra damage from fire and sonics. This depends on the writer (or the GM).
:arrow: Enemy (Nightwing)- Jason Todd hates Nigthwing for being the better Robin (even if that's more Batman's perspective), and the Symbiote hates him for abandoning it.
:arrow: Motivation (Hatred) – Red Venom can be distracted and will pursue opportunities to gain the better of Nightwing whenever he can
:arrow: Sidekick - No More: Though he was once Robin, Red Venom decided his path to becoming a better hero was to do what his mentors wouldn’t—embracing violent tactics that pushed him over the edge from hero to villain.

Design Notes
:arrow: Over on the other site, there's another merged universe game forming - Crisis of the Secret Wars. Worth noting that despite the PL, its not a set in Neo-Paladin's merge. I submitted GL 1003 for that one, then tweaked a Harbinger build (above) as I was inspired. Now, Jason Todd with the Venom Symbiote.
:arrow: So the concept here was easy enough - last sentence in the previous paragraph says it all. Questions I had were how and why. Simple enough. A Marvel U and a DC U collapse into each other. As they do, we get amalgams and variations on characters. In this particular case, Jason Todd's origin and life match the mainstream DC version. But somehow, he also bonded with the Venom symbiote after Dick Grayson rejected it. The worlds the two components come from didn't just collide, they merged almost completely before they consumed each other. As a result, Red Venom has an entire history with Nightwing just as mainstream Venom has a history with Spidey.
:arrow: As for the build itself, I started with the DCA Red Hood, added Krav Maga and Escrima fighting styles from the Gamemaster Handbook and drew inspiration from Jab's Venom build. This includes Complications.
:arrow: Although there's no Spiderman in his history, I kept the immunity to Spider Sense in there.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.