Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Re: Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by Bladewind »

You sure you want to give me ideas? :P :lol: Or were you talking to Thorp?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Both actually. It is a good resource, not mine of course.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Here you go. It's pretty intensive:
https://roninarmy.com/att-forum-archive ... 241a237130
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The AlterniTeam

Neo-Paladin's Merge Universe, specifically Young Hero Initiative, caused me to create M'Att M'orzz as a character. He was based on a Rule 53 pic I had found of the Team (Young Justice), but it sort of got my creative juices flowing. Merging M'att with the Grue made me think of Changeling from the AlterniTeens, and made for a slightly more interesting character IMO.

Then I got to thinking about the rest of the Team. Well, both actually YJ and the AlterniTeens. And the creative juices started flowing some more, slowly coming up with multiple characters. The idea was not just a Rule 63 Young Justice (although that's a major theme), nor just pastiches of either group.

The AlterniTeam is a group loosely based on a combination/ mash-up of The Team from Young Justice and The AterniTeens from Freedom City (Hero High). While the AlterniTeens were already analogous to the Titans, this version was not simply meant to be copy/ paste versions even if they were also meant to be easily recognizable to those that are familiar with both teams. For instance, Kid Martian is a Rule 63 Miss Martian with Changeling's background. Cir-El is the team's powerhouse and takes Superboy's and Dauntless' role.

Wheels The New Genisphere (Mother Box)/ Navigatrix. Unlike in The Team, Wheels associates more with Hot Pursuit than Cir-El. A Cybertronian, neutral in the Great War between the Autobots and Decepticons, Wheels is a primitive bot, but since bonding with a Mother Box he has been significantly upgraded. His primary mode is that of a spherical flying droid with no limbs. He's capable of assuming a number of vehicle modes of a similar form.

Knightwing Nightwing/ Elite. Knightwing is also the name of another female hero that crossed over when the worlds Merged. This version is not a lower powered version of Robyn Drake. Instead, she is an alternate reality Gwen Stacey. Rather than being bitten by the radioactive spider that created Spider-Gwen, she was exposed to the chemicals that created Daredevil in many worlds.

Kid Martian Miss Martian/ Changeling. Like Changeling, Kid Martian is from a Grue Collective known as peaceful explorers and benefactors in their reality. He joined with the AlterniTeam to explore the multiverse, but has found himself a part of the Merge Universe now.

Shield (Cir-El) Superboy/ Dauntless. Cir-El (Cheryl Kent) is an enhanced human from her world, injected with Krytponian genes, she developed Kryptonian powers, diluted by her human DNA. She uses “Shields” to suppress the human DNA and wield more of her Kryptonian power. She generally does not use the code-name that she was assigned, instead preferring Cir-El.

Lioness Wolf/ No AlterniTeen version. Originally meant to be a Rule 63 Wolf/ Krypto. She is an analogue to Streaky, Supergirl's super cat.

Hot Pursuit Kid Flash/ Relentless. Patty Spivot wears an enhancement suit that taps into the Speed Force to give her speed powers. She was also something of a time cop in her reality. She comes from the same world as Cir-El.

Ultra Girl Aqualad/ Thor Magnison. Demetra Lemaris. Descendant of Diana of Themiscyra and Arthur Curry. In her world, the young woman known as Ultra Gir was a member of Superboy's Legion, having taken the name Ultra Girl instead of Wonder Girl, Supergirl, Aquagirl or the like.

Apollo 13 Artemis /no AlterniTeen version. Apollo 13 is about as analogous to Artemis as steak is to a vegan. Other than the name at least. Apollo 13 is from a world where the events of Injustice: Gods Among Us occurred. He is a cybernetic life-form, creation of an alternate reality T. O. Morrow. Apollo 13 is a technopath and the team's resident tech expert.

Chimera Beast Boy / Whoop Ant. She is essentially a Rule 63 version of YJ Beast Boy, sharing a Grue background with Kid Martian but being from a more common form of the Grue.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:18 am, edited 13 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

*Art is from Phil Cho. Credit where credit is due as this art was commissioned for Roysovitch's Earth 27 project. All credit to both sources.

Art for Shield

Alternate Costume
Civvies

Shield (Cir-El/ "Cheryl Kent")
PL7/ 135 PP

Abilities
Strength 9,
Stamina 8,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
Kryptonian Hybrid: (62 points)
Red Stellar Blast: Damage 7 [Perception Ranged]
Alt: Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 8 [Linked Power-Lifting 3]
Durability: Enhanced Stamina 6,
Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum immunity: Immunity 5,
Super-Senses: Senses 9 [(Acute and Extended Hearing 2, Extended Vision 4, Infravision, Ultra-hearing)],
Super-Speed: Speed 6 [Linked Quickness 6]
Alt: Leap Tall Buildings: Leaping 9
Red Sunlight: Environment 1

Tech/ Devices/ Other: (4 points)
“Shields”: Enhanced Trait 5 [Functions like Holding Back from Hero High Volume Revised.; Removable/ Limited Supply]

Equipment

Advantages
Benefit 1 [Resourceful – Per Inventor, using Exp: Streetwise and Persuasion],
Inspire 1,
Extraordinary Effort,
Move-By Action,
Second Chance 1 [(Mind-Control)],
All-Out Attack,
Sidekick 10 [Streaky – Large Feline]
Untapped Potential – Increase a power by 3 instead of 2 with Extra Effort

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+5),
Athletics 5 (+14),
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10),
Deception 5 (+7),
Expertise: Expertise: Streetwise 7 (+8),
Insight 4 (+6),
Intimidation (+2),
Perception 8 (+10),
Persuasion 8 (+10),
Stealth (+0),
Treatment 2 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +0

Defense
Dodge 6,
Parry 6
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 8,
Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 28 + Powers 66 + Advantages 15 + Skills 16 + Defenses 10 = Total 135

Complications
Dark Secret – Luthor DNA/ Brainiac creation.
Power Loss – Cir-El depends on Yellow Sunlight for her powers, cloud covered skies will also do in a pinch. But her powers will fade if cut off from sunlight for too long
Weakness – Kryptonite. Although it can't kill her, it still hurts. It leaves her impaired, disabled and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and powers.
Relationship – She has an on-again/ off again relationship with M'Att M'Orzz/ Kid Martian

Design Notes
:arrow: Another Merge/ YHI inspired build. Since I patterned the origin of my Kid Martian off of Changeling, I wanted to toy with another YJ build and have since sort of been toying with a bunch of AlterniTeen ideas. Not sure if the whole incarnation of this team Merged, but for now, Shield, Kid Martian and Chimera (Beast Girl) have at the very least. I'm jokingly calling this version the AlterniTeam. Jokingly, but its growing on me...
:arrow: The Team's version of Superboy is a Superman clone spliced with Luthor's DNA. (Not much of a complication in the Merge, wouldn't take Batman to figure it out.) However, I didn't want "just" a Rule 63 YJ Superboy. Then I stumbled on Cir-El looking for alternate versions of Supergirl and bingo!
:arrow: For a couple of episodes of YJ, Superboy used "Shields" that were provided by Luthor. These suppressed his human DNA, causing him to go "full-Kryptonian." Conner rejected them. Cheryl did not. I see the effect as being exactly like Holding Back. With her five ranks, she gets a +4 to her Will Save to activate them. Unlike the versions Superboy used, these don't make her volatile.
:arrow: I sank points into a sidekick, Superboy had Wolf/ Krypto. Shield will have Streaky (or rather, a large cat).
:arrow: Her "official" code-name is Shield. She rarely uses it, using Cir-El instead. I never actually saw any use of "Cheryl Kent" in the comics, but much prefer it. This character may have been Mia before being empowered by Brainiac/ Luthor, but unlike mainstream DC, she never rejected her Cir-El identity and there is no trace of that person in her psyche.
:arrow: Note with the descriptor of Red Sunlight, her environment power and energy blast will have the side effect of Weaken against other Kryptonians. There is no point cost for this as Kryptonians gain a HP from the effect in an inverse use of power stunts.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Lioness
PL5

Abilities
Strength 5,
Stamina 2,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 4,
Intellect -4,
Awareness 1,
Presence 0

Powers
Grue Drone: (15 points)
Shapeshift: Morph 3 [(Animals)]
Adopted Form: (11 points)
Size: Growth 2 [Permanent],
Hide: Protection 3,
Acute Smell, Low-Light Vision, Tracking: Senses 3

Skills
Athletics (+5),
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+5),
Deception (+0),
Insight (+1),
Intimidation (+1),
Perception (+1),
Persuasion (+0),
Stealth 5 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +2
Claws +5, Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 5
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 4,
Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 12 + Powers 26 + Advantages 0 + Skills 2 + Defenses 10 = Total 50

Complications
Secret - Grue Drone
Involuntary Transformation - Like the Founders and the Grue from M'Att's world, Lioness needs to return to her natural state at least once per 24-36 hour period. This state is a liquid form not unlike mercury in consistency and appearance.

Design Notes
:arrow: YJ Superboy has Wolf, so AlterniTeam Shield has Lioness. If Wolf was sort of analogous to Krtypo, then Lioness represents Streaky.
:arrow: This is a mash-up of the Grue Drone stats from the Cosmic Handbook and the Lion from the Gamemaster's Guide.
:arrow: This drone is not from M'Att's world. "She" is from a world where the AlterniTeam encountered and helped repel an invading force of Grue before the Merge. M'Att freed her from the collective, and she began to develop independently. In freeing her, he suppressed a lot of Lioness' Grue instinct and nature, replacing it with that of a loyal companion. To everyone's surprise, she bonded with Cir-El, taking the form that got the best reaction from the Half-Kryptonian.
:arrow: Lioness maintains her shapeshifting powers, able to assume the normal red-skinned humanoid form of the Grue, and having the natural liquid state of those from M'Att's world.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Helloooo Matthew !"

Kid Martian
M'Att M'Orzz (Matthew Morse)

PL7/135

Abilities
Strength 2,
Stamina 2,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 1,
Presence 1

Powers
Telepath: (7 points)
Telepathic Comprehension: Comprehend 2 [Speak/ Understand All],
Mind Reading 6
Shapeshifting: (70 points)
Morph 4,
Voice Mimic: Feature 1,
Power Mimicry: Variable 7
Primary Variable Allotment Choices: “Martian Powers”:
Note: do not have the points to have this as an active array all at once.
Martian Durability: Protection 3 [Sustained; Linked Immunity 10 (Life Support, Sustained)], 13 PP
Invisibility: Concealment 4 [(Visual)], 8 PP
Super Senses: Senses 7 [Extended Vision 2, Mental Awareness, Vision Penetrates Concealment], 7 PP
Mindwipe: Affliction 7 [resisted by Will - Stunned, Incapacitated: Continuous, Progressive, Limited Degree, Reach 2] 30 PP Telepathy: Communication 3 [(Mental)], 12 PP
Sap Will: Weaken [Continuous, Distracting] 21 PP
Telekinesis: Move Object 9, 19 PP
Flight 9,19 PP
Mind Control: Affliction 7 [(Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Resisted and Overcome by Will; Perception Ranged, Cumulative; Subtle], 29 PP
Mental Blast: Damage 7 [Perception, Alternate Resistance (Will)], 28 PP
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4, 20 PP
Advantages
Defensive Roll 2,
Improved Initiative 2,
Benefit 1, Established Identity (M'Att M'Orzz/ Matthew Morse)
Eidetic Memory
Assessment

Skills
Athletics (+8),
Deception 6 (+7),
Insight 4 (+5),
Intimidation (+1),
Perception 4 (+5),
Persuasion (+1),
Stealth 4 (+4),
Technology 3 (+4)

Offense
Initiative +8
Defense
Dodge 7,
Parry 7
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 7,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 77 + Advantages 6 + Skills 7 + Defenses 19 = Total 135

Complications
Responsibility - Adopted sister: Gertrude Logan (Beast Girl) - A supposed rule 63 version of Beast Boy, in fact another Grue,
Enemy - Aunt: J'Ann J'Onzz - no evidence she crossed over, but M'Att is on the lookout. J'Ann was not the Martian Manhunter on M'att's world. She is a Meta-Grue with a slightly different origin than the Prime Meta Grue, but no less the megalomaniac. (M'Att refers to her as his Aunt to complete the Kid Martian persona.)
Secret - White Martian (Actually... Grue)
Involuntary Transformation - Like the Founders, the Grue from M'Att's world need to return to their natural state at least once per 24-36 hour period. This state is a liquid form not unlike mercury in consistency and appearance.
Involuntary Transformation - When M'Att is in physical contact with another Grue, regardless of universe of origin - the point of contact will revert to a semi-solid version of their natural form, M'Att actually fears this and as a result has a slight phobia of Shapeshifters until he is sure that they are not Grue.
Hunted - Most incarnations of the Grue do not like independent elements. In M'Att's case, this means they want him dead. Luckily for him, his guise as Kid Martian is serving him well. Not to mention that there has not been an established presence of Grue as yet in the Merged universe.

Design Notes
* Originally, I had Shifter (A Jayna/ Wonder Twins Pastiche) in mind for this one. Then a White Martian. Then the Grue. Finally went with someone who can be all of that.
* The base build for this is a point for point copy/ paste of the Grue Infiltrator from the Cosmic Handbook. I then tweaked it for House Rules and PL.
* So, Kid Martian is not a rule 63 Miss Martian. He's something worse. However, his secret is not as secret as he thinks and he has been admitted to the school to try and double-spy/ double-cross his superior's motives. (I eventually want him to turn on the collective. Maybe have him meet Changeling from the Alterniteens at one point.)
* There are 67 extra points "spent" on the character sheet - it's essentially a set up of powers from Miss Martian (From DCA HV Volume 2 and the Young Justice cartoon) in case the Variable is too much. Having only 35 PP available at any given time to copy powers, he can't actually emulate all of those at once of course, but visually I found it easier.
* Although listed as Power Mimicry, the Variable actually doesn't have a flaw on it, and I think it should stay that way. He would be able to mimic powers he knows about - powers that he's seen or experienced. Probably tends to take on something of the appearance of that person when he does, but I haven't decided on that yet.
* I have a Benefit of Established Identity - his real name is "Mazzaryd Mizzruin."
* Its worth noting that I am aware this character has not only the potential, but actual listed powers, that step on the niche of others in the group. That's kind of the point of the character from an IC perspective. From an OOC perspective, that's not how I play or intend to play. Kid Martian is meant to be the character that is worthy of the group's trust, but has a long way to go to earn it.
* My idea for the character is to be currently in transition from a personality like Changeling from the Alterniteens to something more like Season 1 Miss Martian with the intention of developing much like she did - with the willingness to mindscrew people to get what he wants, not totally understanding the consequences.

Background
(adapted from Hero High 1st Edition, Changeling)
Kid Martian is a member of an alternate-reality version of the Grue Unity – a close parallel to the universe where Changeling of the Alterniteens hails. In fact, he was a member of another version of the Alterniteens.

The Grue that most familiar with the species recognize are are militaristic and tied into the collective of the Meta-Mind. However, like Changeling’s people, Kid Martian's people prized individual growth and thought. Each Grue was encouraged to evolve in its own fashion and add back something new to the race. Kid Martian’s people were among the most advanced, enlightened, and xenophilic (rather than xenophobic) species of their dimension.

When a version of Elite and the others from another variant of the Alternitees arrived in Kid Martian's universe, they panicked at the sight of the Grue and fought to escape. They were captured and brought before the Majestry Collective. The AlterniTeens realized their error and explained how the Grue of the different realities were more warlike. The Majesty was horrified at the thought that in other realities, the Grue were villains. They asked permission to send an observer with the AlterniTeens. Kid Martian was chosen because he was young and capable of imprinting easily. He would evolve according to his experiences and eventually bring that knowledge and his evolution back to his people.

The AlterniTeens agreed, uncertain if they could trust even this reality’s version of the Grue. Since then, Kid Martian's unadulterated enthusiasm, innocence, and love for life have taught the AlterniTeens the truth. He always sees the better in others, and she is totally obtuse when it comes to detecting sarcasm. While he understands there’s evil out in the omniverse, he rarely matches evil with the villain standing before her. Still, his experiences have taught him much, and while he dislikes hurting people, his shape-shifting abilities make him a formidable opponent. (By the time he becomes a PC though, this enthusiasm and bubbly personality has subsided substantially and he is very much like his adopted identity's inspiration during season 1 of Young Justice.)

Having been warned about how others perceive his people in other dimensions, Kid Martian adopted a very human—and very perky—appearance. Since the Merge, that appearance has changed to became a male version of Miss Martian, complete with the name Kid Martian and the assumed identity of Matthew Morse/ M'Att M'Orzz. As noted above, thankfully, he is somewhat less perky these days.
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Knightwing (Gwen Stacey)

PL7/ 135 PP

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina 4,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 7,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 4,
Presence 3

Powers
Senses: (21 points)
Blind: Immunity 2 [(Visual Effects)],
Radar Sense: Senses 5 [Accurate, Ranged, Radius Radio],
Super Taste: Senses 1 [Analytical Taste],
Super Hearing: Senses 7 [Accurate Hearing 4, Ultra Hearing, Extended Hearing 2],
Enhanced Senses: Variable 1 [Limited to Senses, Limited to enhancing existing senses]

Equipment
Weapons Array
Bolos: Affliction 3 [(Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile); Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition; Limited Degree]
Alt: Escrima Sticks: Damage 3 [Strength Based (Bludgeoning, Electrical)]
Alt: Throwing Disks: Damage 3 [Strength Based; Ranged]
Alt: Taser: Affliction 4 [(Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated); Ranged]
Standard Equipment
Rebreather (2 ep),
Grapnel Gun (Swinging) (2 ep)

Advantages
Accurate Attack,
Defensive Attack,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Hold,
Power Attack,
Quick Draw,
Weapon Bind,
Defensive Roll 2,
Well-Informed,
Attractive 1,
Inspire 1,
Leadership,
Instant Up,
Equipment 4,
Hide in Plain Sight

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+10),
Athletics 6 (+9),
Close Combat: Escrima Sticks 1 (+8),
Deception 6 (+9),
Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+8),
Insight 10 (+14),
Intimidation 4 (+7),
Investigation 8 (+10),
Perception 6 (+10),
Persuasion 4 (+7),
Ranged Combat: Throwing 3 (+7),
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8),

Stealth 8 (+10),
Technology 5 (+7),
Treatment 2 (+4)

Offense
Initiative +2
Escrima Sticks +8, Damage 6
Bolos +7, Damage 4, Affliction
Taser +4, Damage 3, Affliction
Throwing Disks +7, Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 8
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 7,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 21 + Advantages 16 + Skills 27 + Defenses 13 = Total 135

Complications
Vulnerable (All Non-Visual Dazzles)- If Gwen is struck with especially-loud noises or smells, he is rendered helpless- regular Dazzles do an extra level of effect on her, and even things regular people can stand, like loud trucks, motorcycle engines, or the subway, effect her like a Dazzle. A loud enough noise will leave her Stunned and Incapacitated as well.
Disabled (Blind)- Though her other senses are far in excess of a normal human being, Gwen is unable to see colors, people from afar, etc. If her Radar & other Senses are turned off, he is totally Unaware of her surroundings. She cannot distinguish people's race without clues like accents or their diet, and cannot read anything on a computer or phone screen (nor particularly well-laminated paper).
Motivation: Redemption/ Guilt - Her friend Matt Murdoch died shortly after she gained her powers, and she believes to this day that she could have - should have - stopped it. She is working to be better than that moment.

Design Notes
:arrow: Continuing my AlterniTeam builds. Knightwing is in no way linked to my Robyn Drake build. I am using this spelling (Knightwing) from Superman/ Batman: Generations only to differentiate the two characters.
:arrow: She is meant to be the Elite/ Robin analogue, but with some spark of semi-originality. The girl behind the domino mask is the Gwen Stacey of her reality. Instead of a radioactive spider bite, she was struck by the chemicals that created Daredevil in most Marvel realities.
:arrow: The powerset for her "Daredevil" powers is based heavily on those of Thorp and Jab, with the addition of the Visual immunity my own. I only see it as two points, even though arguments can be made for higher cost. I've just never seen visual afflictions or effects come up enough to warrant the higher cost, at least not ones that weren't also accompanied by something else.
:arrow: I've been flirting with Variable a lot lately. Not out of laziness, but out of an interest in exploring the power a bit more. In "Gwendevil's" case here, it allows her to enhance her existing senses. Not just her supersenses, her senses. Like being able to read with her finger tips, extend her hearing. It could not give her remote sensing or precog for instance. But hearing penetrates concealment (hearing through a wall) for instance, might work. Most of the Detection Senses are out, but Distance Sense, Direction Sense and the like are fine. Synesthesia (from the Sensory Powers Profile) is also a good fit, subbing vision to other senses.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ultra Girl (YHI redux)
PL7/ 135

Abilities
Strength 8,
Stamina 6,
Agility 3,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 4,
Presence 2

Powers
Child of Atlantis: (15 points)
Aquatic: Immunity 3 [(Cold, Pressure, Drowning)],
Environmental Adaptation (Aquatic): Movement 1,
Low-Light Vision: Senses 1,
Swimming 8
Alt: Speed 8
Child of Themiscyra: (22 points)
Comprehend Fauna: Comprehend 1 [Understand Animals], Polyglot: Comprehend 3 [Speak/Read/Understand; Quirk – Has to spend some time listening to a new language (GM call)], Tough: Protection 2, Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 3 [Power-Lifting 3], Quickness 4

Advantages
Attractive 1,
Animal Empathy,
Ranged Attack 4,
Teamwork,
All-Out Attack,
Defensive Attack,
Improved Initiative 1,
Power Attack [Concealment],
Extraordinary Effort,
Uncanny Dodge,
Interpose, Move-by Action, Evasion 1, Fast Grab, Improved Grab,
Improved Hold

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+8),
Athletics 5 (+13),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Atlantean Lore 4 (+5),
Expertise: Themiscyran Lore 4 (+5),
Expertise: Tactics 7 (+8), Insight 5 (+9),
Intimidation (+2),
Perception 7 (+11),
Persuasion (+2),
Stealth 6 (+9),
Treatment 5 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +7
Unarmed +6, Damage 8

Defense
Dodge 6,
Parry 6
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 7,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 37 + Advantages 17 + Skills 16 + Defenses 7 = Total 135

Complications
Motivation - Protector: Demetra is highly motivated to use her powers to protect others. She willingly puts herself at risk to defend innocents or those she cares about.
Rivalry/ Competition: Although friendly, Demetra is extremely competitive with Cir-El and sometimes goes out of her way to try and outdo the half-Kryptonian, even if it puts her in danger.
Motivation: Loyalty: The AlterniTeam saved her life and she in turn has saved theirs. There is more to this team than just being a group of random heroes that Merged. They're like family, and Demetra will do almost anything to protect the AlterniTeam and its ideals.

Design Notes
:arrow: The Aqualad/ Magni Thorson Ant analogue for the AlterniTeam. A powered down version of my LSH Legacy, but still maintaining the same origin. From a timeline in the future, Ultra Girl was a member of the LSH after journeying from her home(s) of Themiscyra and Atlantis.
:arrow: She's an Amazon and Atlantean by birth (father was Atlantean, mother was an Amazon). The origin as detailed in the PL 11 version also applies here.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Apollo 13 (Jason Creed)
PL7/ 135 PP

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina 5,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 1,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
Cybernetic Organism: (39 points)
Polyglot: Comprehend 5 [Read/ Speak/ Understand all Languages; Comprehend Machines;
Magnetic Encoding – Read/ Write onto magnetic media],
Electromagnetic Strike: Damage 3 [Strength Based],
Nanoweave: Protection 4,
Magnetic Scan: Senses 15 [ (Ranged Mental Sense[1], Accurate(All Mental)[4], Acute(All Mental)[2], ; Analytical(All Mental)[2], Radius(All Mental)[2], ; Ranged Detect Magnetic Fields (Mental)[2], Ranged Detect Electricity (Mental)[2]; Dynamic]
Dyn: Cyberpath: Communication 3 [Radio Senses]
Font of Knowledge: Variable 1 [Limited to Intelligence Based Skills, Concentration; Activation]
Technopath: (21 points)
Animate Machines: Summon 5 [Controlled, General Type (Machines); Limited to Available Materials]
Alt: Control Technology: Affliction 7 [Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude ; Perception Range, Cumulative; Limited to third degree only, Affects Objects Only, Limited to Technology; Dynamic]
Alt: Sensor Masking: Concealment 10 [(All Senses); Limited to Technology]
Alt: Pulse Shielding & Computer Processing: Immunity 2 [(Immunity – EMP bursts (rare power descriptor); Affects Objects, Burst Area 2; Limited to Technology; Linked Mental Quickness 10]
Alt: EMP (Deactivate Tech): Nullify 5 [Broad (Technological), Burst Area, Simultaneous, Selective]
Alt: Control Mundane Tech : Move Object 3 [Perception, Burst Area; Limited to Manipulating Technology; Precise]
Alt: Computer Virus: Summon 7 [Mental Link]
Power Stunts: (0 points)
Electrical Absorption: Healing 10 [Limited to Self, Limited to Absorbed Electricity Rank],
Datashift: Transform 3 [(Data into Data); Continuous (Permanent)]
Manipulate Technology: Transform 3 [Any Technology into any technology],
Computer Processing: Enhanced Trait 7 [Enhanced Skill 5 (Technology 10 Ranks); Enhanced Advantage: Skill Mastery: Technology; Enhanced Advantage: Ultimate Effort: Technology]

Equipment

Advantages
Benefit 1 [“Cool” - +5 to Persuasion with the “under 20” crowd],
Inventor, Improvised Tools,
Jack-of-all-Trades,
Beginner's Luck,
Eidetic Memory,
Improved Initiative 1,
All-Out Attack,
Improved Defense,
Takedown 1,
Power Attack,
Assessment,
Skill Mastery [Persuasion],
Fascinate 1
[Persuasion]

Skills
Acrobatics (+0),
Athletics 3 (+6),
Close Combat: Unarmed 7 (+8),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+8),
Expertise: Computers 10 (+14),
Expertise: Current Events 8 (+12)
, Expertise (+4),
Insight (+2),
Intimidation (+2),
Investigation (+4),
Perception 4 (+6),
Persuasion 3 (+5),
Sleight of Hand (+0),
Stealth (+0),
Technology 6 (+10),
Treatment (+4),
Vehicles (+0)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +8, Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 3
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 6,
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 60 + Advantages 12 + Skills 15 + Defenses 14 = Total 135

Complications
Fame - In his civilian identity, Creed was a famous YouTube celebrity. He has a following among people his age, and his identity as a superhero is actually something of a respite from the fame.
Motivation—Recognition: He wants to prove to the world that he’s a capable of making the world a better place using his brains.
Enemy – Ivo and Morrow. Although in custody at the moment, the two mad scientists see Apollo 13 as their creation. Somehow, even alternate reality versions of the pair recognize him as their creation and want to take him apart to replicate him.

Design Notes
:arrow: Apollo 13 is the AlterniTeam version/ analogue of Artemis and Whoop Ant. Actually, he is about as analogous to either character as steak is to a vegan. Other than the name at least. Apollo 13 is from a world where the events of Injustice: Gods Among Us occurred. He is a cybernetic life-form, creation of an alternate reality T. O. Morrow. Apollo 13 is a technopath and the team's resident tech expert.
:arrow: A redux of a character at a higher PL to fit the scope of YHI's character creation rules and stand with the AlterniTeam.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Heh, I just got a notification linking me to the Ultra-Girl post. Thanks for reminding me about those alternate Amazon ideas I'd had, I'd almost forgotten about them!

. . . and reminding me that I need to get back to those Legion character edits. Guh, so much to do.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

lol. I really enjoyed those ideas...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Chimera/ Ghilanna Mizzrym
Gertrude Logan

PL7/ 135 PP

Abilities
Strength 2,
Stamina 2,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Powers
Grue Metamorph: (33 points)
Telepathic Comprehension: Comprehend 2 [Speak/ Understand All],
Mind Reading 6,
Brain Drain: Affliction 2 [(Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated); Concentration, Progressive; Insidious, Subtle],
Shapeshifter: Shapeshift 2 [5 points will always go into “Morph – Chosen animal form” and the other five are used for Environmental Adaptation and appropriate Environmental Immunities]
Movement: (11 points)
Wings: Flight 4 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Speed 4
Dyn: Swimming 4
Dyn: Leaping 4
Size: (21 points)
Growth (20 points)
Alt: Shrinking (1 points)
Common Animal Traits: (19 points)
Reptilian Traits: Feature 12 [Prehensile Tail (Elongation 1, Extra Limb); Regrowth: Regeneration 1, Persistent; Wall Crawling 2, Sure Footed 2; Dynamic]
Dyn: Pachyderm (Rhino) Traits: Feature 11 [Armored Plates: Immunity 4 (Critical Hits, Self Inflicted Slam Damage); Unstoppable Charge (Penetrating 7 Damage, Limited to Slam Attacks); Dynamic]
Dyn: Pachyderm (Elephant) Traits: Feature 7 [Extra Limb (Trunk) , Elongation 1; Perception 6, ; Tusks, Strength Based Damage 1, Improved Critical 2 (18-20)]
Dyn: Feline Traits: Feature 9 [Low Light Vision, Acute Smell; Benefit: Athletics based on Agility; Acrobatics 3, Athletics 3, Perception 4, Stealth 5]
Animal Attack/ Defense (alt powers of Animal Traits): (4 points)
Alt: Groundstrike: Affliction 7 [(Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; Hindered and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone); Extra Condition, Burst Area; Limited to Two Degrees, Limited to targets on same surface]
Alt: Immovable: Immunity 10
Dyn: Natural Weapon: Damage 8 [Strength Based; Improved Critical 2; Variable Descriptor – Appropriate Damage for animal form]

Equipment

Advantages
Eidetic Memory,
Improved Initiative 1,
Assessment,
Benefit 1 [Established Identity]

Skills
Athletics (+2),
Deception 6 (+7),
Insight 4 (+5),
Intimidation (+1),
Perception 4 (+5),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Blaster 2 (+2)
Stealth 5 (+5),
Technology 3 (+4)

Offense
Initiative +4

Defense
Dodge 4,
Parry 7
Toughness 2 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 2,
Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 88 + Advantages 3 + Skills 8 + Defenses 10 = Total 135

Complications
Secret – There was no blood infusion from M'Att M'Orzz to transform Gertrude Logan into Chimera. Gertrude is a Grue Metamorph ostensibly mindchanged by Kid Martian
Involuntary Transformation - Like the Founders from Star Trek, the Grue from Gertrude's universe need to return to their natural state at least once per 24-36 hour period. This state is a liquid form not unlike mercury in consistency and appearance.
Involuntary Transformation - When Chimera is in physical contact with another Grue, regardless of universe of origin - the point of contact will revert to a semi-solid version of their natural form

Design Notes
:arrow: To round off my initial roster of the AlterniTeam, Chimera. A rule 63 version of Beast Boy on the surface, she is also a Grue Metamoprh like Kid Martian. However, she is not the peaceful kind from Kid Martian's world, instead the kind that most races that know of the Grue would expect. Although essentially a complication, Chimera has been mindchanged by Kid Martian to fit the role of Beast Boy on the Team.
:arrow: This character has as many of the Grue traits as I could fit in, such as Blaster use and the Brain Drain.
:arrow: I wanted to build this without Variable, but still give her flexibility in animal forms. In scrolling through the Dinosaur and Animal archetypes in the Gamemaster's Guide, I can essentially put together almost any form as required. Hitting caps is a little trickier because of the size alteration abilities. And even though listed as Pachyderm, Reptilian and Feline, these are just inspiraton.
:arrow: I wanted to get away from Variable as noted above, but needed it for Shapeshift. 16 points spent instead of the 15 I'd have spent for Morph. This was for two reasons - a cheap (cop out!) way to get the environmental abilities (water breathing) and movement abilities (wall crawling, safe fall) that I hadn't already addressed, as well as a means to drop physical traits so that becoming a T-Rex would be possible without busting caps.
:arrow: Note, a T-Rex deafening scream (a la Jurassic Park) would have to be Power Stunt at this point.
:arrow: Note that despite the character inspiration, Chimera is not limited to animal forms, or a color for that matter. Descriptor and "cover" wise she simply chooses to stay green and only mimic animals - real, alien and mythological.
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Guardian Angel[/b][/size]
Rachel Beck (Veronica Stein)[/color]
PL8/ 120 PP

Abilities
Strength 2,
Stamina 4,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 1,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 2,
Presence 1

Powers
Rising Star: (25 points)
Lucky Escape: Immortality 2 [(1 week); Limited to Circumstances of Plausible Survival],
Flechettes: Damage 8 [Ranged; Dynamic]
Dyn: Angel Shards: Damage 8 [Strength Based; Variable Descriptor – Melee Weapons]
Dyn: Winged Flight: Flight 6 [Subtle (Retractable)]
Dyn: Sheathe: Create 8
Power Stunts(0 points)
Gravitic Burst: Damage 8 [(Force); Burst Area],
Gravitic Wave: Damage 8 [(Force); Cone Area]

Equipment

Advantages
Benefit 1 [Resourceful: Per Inventor using Investigation and Deception],
Contacts,
Defensive Attack,
Defensive Roll 2,
Favored Environment [Airborne],
Evasion 1,
Improved Initiative 1,
Interpose,
Move-By Action,
Hide in Plain Sight

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+4),
Athletics 4 (+6),
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+8),
Close Combat: Angel Shards 1 (+6),
Deception 6 (+7),
Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+8),
Expertise: Current Events 4 (+6),
Insight (+2),
Intimidation (+1),
Investigation 2 (+4),
Perception 4 (+6),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Flechettes 6 (+7),
Stealth 10 (+11),
Vehicles 1 (+2)

Offense
Initiative +5

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 9
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 7,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 25 + Advantages 11 + Skills 25 + Defenses 23 = Total 120

Complications
Secret – Not her real name: Rachel goes to lengths to hide her real name/ identity of Veronica Stein. She doesn't want to be found and she doesn't want the system to know who she was. Rachel Beck is a fabricated name that has no ID and doesn't exist.
Responsibility - Her roommates.
Secret - Poor, hiding from her family

Design Notes
:arrow: First thing I want to ask about is the Benefit. It's essentially a variant on Inventor, allowing her to use different skills but the same rules to procure items from time to time. I've used it in tabeltop and I find it works, but you might not feel the same way.
:arrow: Her Create power ("Sheathe") is meant to be her wings suddenly expanding. From forming a shield on her arm to the move Falcon pulls in Civil War where his wings provide cover from bullets to forming a bubble around her to protect her and someone close to her... that's the intent here.
:arrow: Two power stunts that appear to come from nowhere as it were, but are part of what I envision the eventual source of her powers. The source of the metal has something to do with the Freedomverse equivalent of Nth metal, and thus the source of most of her powers is part gravitic. I'm iHopping (waffling) on this though. Hence, stunts.
:arrow: I called her main powerset "Rising Star" as homage to Megastar.

Concept Notes
:arrow: A submission for ClanceDunce's Freedom City West End Game. Posting here as well as I may withdraw given that she's somewhat similar to Angel, submitted by Epic Eclipse
:arrow: Guardian Angel started as a Freedom Eagle legacy, I was going to have her break into O'Connor's home, discover the harness and convince him to let her be the new Freedom Eagle. But I didn't really find that to be a fun angle, and it was really "just" a Hawkgirl homage at that point.
:arrow: Then I thought of the Scarab. A Blue Beetle homage to be sure, but what about a less powerful version? Potential, but not quite what I wanted.
:arrow: Coming back to my original idea, I was hit with the idea of a homeless teen, empowered by someone or something. And I was flipping through 2nd ED and 3rd ED Freedom City and I hit upon Megastar. And Guardian Angel came together as a sort of "offspring" of Megastar.
:arrow: I went with this powerset, a bit of a hodgepodge to start, but I wanted to keep the character grounded as a street hero despite the flight powers.

Background
Veronica Stein ran away from home at the age of twelve. Her parents weren't abusive. Her parents weren't into drugs or the like. By all accounts, Veronica had it good. Her parents were wealthy and she wanted for nothing. They were sending her to all the best schools - even primary school was an elite private school. Her future was bright. But she felt stifled, she felt alone. She stops short of complaining that money doesn't solve most of the problems of today's world, especially now, but she knows that it doesn't bring happiness. It's cliche perhaps, but its the way she was growing up and she wanted more.

Her parents always leaving her to nannies and tutors and caregivers, Veronica became disinterested. She didn't want to rebel or cause trouble to get her parents' attention; in fact, she probably didn't realize that's what she actually wanted. So, at twelve years old, she ran away from the wealthier areas of Freedom City and found herself homeless in the West End.

It was a stupid thing to do and while she regrets it to some extent, she truly doesn't believe her parents care enough about her to miss her. She figures they can go on their vacations and flit around the world without care now, Veronica a distant memory. And so, she won't even consider going home. She has crafted the identity of Rachel Beck, a more mundane and troubled teen, as her "street identity" and found a few other reasonably good teens with which she has rented a small apartment that they can barely afford with the handouts and odd jobs they manage to hold down from time to time.

Things were tough, and life on the streets - even with shelter - is not easy on anyone. But Rachel and her friends made the best of it, even trying to get tutoring through local after school programs. But questions always came up, and she'd find herself giving up.

One day, about three years later, things took a bizarre turn. This was Freedom City, so supers and capes were nothing new and neither was collateral damage. You just had to watch where you walked and most of the time you'd be okay. But Rachel happened to be in the wrong area when Megastar and others were involved in an altercation with a group of powered villains. Instinctively, Rachel ducked for cover, but then events started happening that changed her life again.

A kid separated from his frantic mother, caught on the other side of a police line... A badly damaged building... A car on fire... Rachel reacted without thinking and slipped through the police line and ran towards the kid, hauling him back to his mother. The explosion and impact of Megastar into the pavement behind her sent her sprawling, the child thrown into the air (and thankfully into the arms - however awkwardly and painful for both of them - of a police officer). Rachel saw stars, and she was sure she saw Megastar's skin melting off him, or at least oozing and moving... She crawled towards him, reaching out before she passed out.

Rachel woke in a hospital room, panicked at the thought of being in custody of any kind and promptly snuck out of the comfort and warmth and back to her friends. Over the course of the next few weeks, she started developing powers and abilities of her own. She decided to keep them on the "downlow" and became a Guardian Angel to her community.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Hot Pursuit
PL7/ 135 PP

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 5,
Agility 3,
Dexterity 5,
Fighting 4,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 1,
Presence 2

Powers(40 points)
Speedforce Protective Exo Enhancement Powersuit:
Removable (-11 points)
Speed: Flight 10 [Limited to along surfaces],
Air Cushion (Safe Fall): Movement 1 [Affects Others, Burst Area],
Speed Sense: Senses 3 [Determine Speed, Distance Sense, Direction Sense],
Inertial Dampeners: Immunity 1 [You and anything you are carrying are immune to the effects of moving at high speed, immune to nausea],
Phase Shift: Insubstantial 4
Alt: Rapid Attack: Damage 6 [Burst Area, Selective]
Alt: Sonic Boom: Damage 7 [Line Area 2; Quirk – Activation (Move Action)]
Alt: Throwback: Deflect 7 [Reflect, Redirect; Limited to projectiles]
Enhanced Advantages: Enhanced Trait 10 (See Advantages)

Equipment
Wrist Comp: Communication 3 [Radio; Display (HUD), Computer, Audio/ Video Recorder, Digital Camera, Data Storage Drive; Radio Sense, GPS]
Alt: Biometric Decoder: Morph 2 [biometric access data; Limited to Biometrics, Technology Check Required (DC 15); Precise]
Alt: “Bugs”: Remote Sensing 9 [2 mile range; Limited to Transmitter Placement, Medium (transmitters)]
Alt: Blaster: Damage 5 [Ranged]
Standard Equipment
Cell Phone (1 ep),
Gas Mask (1 ep),
Rebreather (1 ep),
Multi-Tool (1 ep),
Gas Mask (1 ep),
Handcuffs/
Restraints (1 ep),
Antitoxin (+5 on resistance checks to toxin) (1 ep)

Advantages
Move-by Action,
Well-Informed,
Grabbing Finesse,
Evasion 2,
Great Endurance,
Improved Initiative 3,
Takedown 2,
Improved Initiative 1,
Instant Up,
Equipment 6

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+6),
Athletics 8 (+8),
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+7),
Deception 4 (+6),
Expertise: Forensics 6 (+10),
Expertise: Law Enforcement 4 (+8),
Insight 7 (+8)
, Intimidation (+2),
Investigation 8 (+12),
Perception 7 (+8),
Persuasion 4 (+6),
Stealth 6 (+9),
Treatment 3 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +19

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 8
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 8,
Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 40 + Advantages 8 + Skills 21 + Defenses 17 = Total 134

Complications

Design Notes
:arrow: Continuing with the AlterniTeam is Hot Pursuit. A cross between the Flash, Relentless with elements of the Time Bureau (from Legends of Tomorrow) and the notion of the Continuity Police mentioned in the artists profile for Earth-27.The Time Travel aspect no longer really applies in the Merge universe as travel backwards pre-Merge is no longer possible.
:arrow: Other than the physical age of Kid Martian vs developmental age, Hot Pursuit is the eldest member of the AlterniTeam
:arrow: Most of the build, the powers part at the very least, is a re-use of Sprint from a few posts back, put into a device.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.