Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Re: Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by Bladewind » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 am

Feeling a little nuts as the creative juices begin to flow again...

With the Merge in mind, I took the Dick Grayson build from the DCA Heroes and Villains and retooled him with very little effort to Merge house rules... then... I took the Thorpacalypse Ghost Rider, tweaked that for the Merge House Rules and mashed the two together to come up with a version of Ghost Rider whose alt ego is Richard Grayson....

Nightwing
PL10/191

Abilities
Strength 8,
Stamina NA,
Agility 6,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 8,
Intellect 3,
Awareness 3,
Presence 4

Powers
Ghost Rider: (55 points)
Sense Evil: Senses 7 [(Detect Evil [Mental; Analytical, Ranged, Radius, Extended 2, Tracking])],
Enhanced Strength 5,
Resilient: Protection 6,
Too Hot to Handle: Damage 1 [Reaction (Being Touched)],
Light the Night on Fire: Damage 5 [Burst Area, Continous; Quirk - Requires Hellmount]
Alt: Penance Stare: Affliction 14 [Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, 3rd: Incapacitated and Transformed; Cumulative, Extre-Degree; Grab-Based, Sense-Dependant (Sight)]
Alt: Hell Chain: Damage 2 [Strength Based, Blugeoning; Grabbing; Reach 6 (30 ft), Variable Desriptor Blugeoining Weapons]
Alt: Dimensional Breach: Movement 2 [(Hells); Portal; Move Action]
Hell Mount: Summon 10 [Self Powered; Mental Link]
Undead Traits: (30 points)
Spirit of Vengeance: Immunity 40 [Fortitude Effect, Fire Effects],
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Toughness Offset: Protection 5

Equipment

Advantages
Accurate Attack,
Defensive Roll 6,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Hold,
Improved Initiative 1,
Languages 4,
Power Attack,
Quick Draw,
Seize Initiative,
Skill Mastery [Acrobatics]
, Takedown 1,
Uncanny Dodge,
Weapon Bind

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+14),
Athletics 2 (+10),
Deception 2 (+6),
Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+11),
Insight (+3),
Intimidation 10 (+14),
Investigation 1 (+4),
Perception 9 (+12),
Persuasion (+4),
Stealth (+6),
Vehicles 8 (+12)

Offense
Initiative +10
"Unarmed +8, Damage 8
Escrima Sticks +8, Damage 9
Throwing Disk +4, Damage 9
Hellfire Chain +8, Damage 12"

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 8
Toughness 12 (Def Roll 6),
Fortitude NA,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 85 + Advantages 17 + Skills 16 + Defenses 11 = Total 191

Complications

Design Notes
:!: Yes, I'm nuts
:!: 1 Social Advantage per Presence Rank, Skills 3:1
:!: PL 11/165 +/- a power level for extra points, 11 XP
:!: I chose to make the Hellbike a Summon power for the heck of it.
:!: Protection/ Toughness offest is to reset the trait to 0 and costs nothing.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:12 am

And then... took that build and paired it down to PL 8 using Starguard's house rules for his MCU 2.0 game...

Nightwing
PL8

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina -5,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 0,
Awareness 1,
Presence 1

Powers
Ghost Rider: (45 points)
Sense Evil: Senses 6 [(Detect Evil [Mental; Analytical, Ranged, Radius, Extended, Tracking])],
Resilient: Protection 9,
Penance Stare: Affliction 8 [Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, 3rd: Incapacitated and Transformed; Cumulative, Extre-Degree; Grab-Based, Sense-Dependent (Sight)]
Alt: Enhanced Strength 2
Alt: Hell Chain: Damage 4 [Strength Based, Bludgeoning/Eldtricth/Hellfire; Linked Elongation 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Disarm, Power Attack]
Alt: Dimensional Breach: Movement 2 [(Hells); Portal; Move Action]
Hell Mount: Summon 8 [Self Powered; Mental Link, Alt Power (Change Self Powered to Limited: Available Bike)],
Language Glut: Comprehend 3 [Speak, Be Understood, Read],
Super-Strength: Power-Lifting 2,
Quickchange: Feature 1 [Ghost Rider Form]
Undead Traits: (25 points)
Spirit of Vengeance: Immunity 40 [Fortitude Effect, Fire Effects; Quirk - Noticeable (On fire Effects - must assume GR form)],
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Toughness Offset: Protection 5

Equipment

Advantages
Artificer,
Close Attack 2,
Takedown 1

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5),
(+3),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Arcane Lore 7 (+7),
Insight (+1),
Intimidation 7 (+8),
Perception 6 (+7),
(+1),
Stealth (+2),
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8, Damage 3
Hellfire Chain +8, Damage 7

Defense
Dodge 7,
Parry 6
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude NA
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 70 + Advantages 4 + Skills 12 + Defenses 12 = Total 120

Complications

Design Notes
:!: Same general comments as build prior
:!: The Hellfire chain is essentially close combat. I used Elongation for the heck of it.
:!: This was a mostly to see if I could do it build...

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Ice/Kevin Winters
PL8

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 2,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 3
Fighting 3,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 2,
Presence 1

Powers
Utility Powers: (33 points)
Ice Form: Protection 8 [Sustained]
Alt: Snow Form: Insubstantial 1
Cold Immunity: Immunity 10 [Limited to in Ice or Snow Form],
Environmental Heat and Cold Immunity: Immunity 2,
Thermal Vision (Infravision): Senses 1,
Infrared Invisibility: Concealment 2,
Freezing Aura: Damage 3 [Reaction (Being Touched)]
Movement Powers: (5 points)
Ice Walking: Movement 3 [ [Environmental Adaptation (Ice and Snow), Water Walking, Trackless]; (Water Walking and Trackless Limited to Snow and Ice)]
Alt: Ice Slides: Flight 4 [Platform]
Offensive Powers: (23 points)
Ice Blast: Damage 9 [Cold & Blugeoning; Ranged; Precise]
Alt: Flash Freeze: Weaken 9 [(Toughness); Ranged, Affects Objects Only; Precise]
Alt: Ice Binding: Affliction 9 [[Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized]; Ranged, Extra Condition; Limited Degree; Precise]
Alt: Shape Ice: Create 8 [Continuous, Proportional; Precise, Reversible]
Alt: Cryokinesis: Affliction 4 [[Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: Dazed, Stunned, Transformed]; Perception Ranged, Cumulative; Precise]
Offensive Power Stunts: (0 points)
Cold Projection: Environment 9 [Precise], Cold Blast: Damage 9 [Ranged; Precise]

Advantages
Cool (+5 Ranks to Persuasion with the under twenty crowd.)
Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5),
Athletics 3 (+3),
Deception (+1),
Expertise: Popular Culture 3 (+5),
Insight 4 (+6),
Intimidation (+1),
Perception 4 (+6),
Persuasion 2 (+3), (+7 versus the under twenty crowd)
Ranged Combat: Ice Control 4 (+7),
Stealth (+2),
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Defense
Dodge 6,
Parry 6
Toughness 10 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 6,
Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 61 + Advantages 2 + Skills 12 + Defenses 15 = Total 120
Complications
:arrow: Vulnerable: Ice takes an extra degree of failure against fire/heat based effects (but not environmental effects)
:arrow: Power Loss: Extreme heat or massive dehyhdration can sometimes prevent him from being able to use his powers, especially his snow and ice forms
:arrow: Enemy: Although its early days in the campaign, Robert's uncle has plans for the young mutant and would love nothing more to coerce him into working for him and using his powers on the other side of the law.
:arrow: Motivation: Acceptance: Robert can pass for a normal, relatively good looking young man. Be that as it may, he's at Xavier's mostly because his parents are afraid of him and don't want to remain close to him. (The truth is they still love their son, but are afraid of his power.)

Design Notes
:arrow: Although quite powerful, to have access to his Protection, he needs to be in Ice Form, per the comics. I also included the Snow Form as I like the possibilities that it implies.
:arrow: Classic heat weakness, but I can't see your average heat wave having any real effect on him.
:arrow: I have precise on most of his ice and cold powers - that's mostly because while I like the concept of the Features listed in the Cold Profiles supplement, they seem more small parts of his existing powers - making a drink cold, making ice cubes, make snowballs or snowcones, give people chills when he walks in a room, making hot food cool or cold...
:arrow: I like to put potential power stunts every now and again for things that I ran out of points on, and for things to reach for eventually with PP.
:arrow: I'm leaning towards the confident yet laid back version of this character - not wanting to be a leader but can if he has to. There's enough angst to go around any X-men series, so I will probably leave that to the side and as for sexual orientation I'm not really into caring much about that aspect of the character. If something happens in game to make it relevant, I'll decide then. As for right now, I could see him having quite the rivalry with Thermic.
:idea: Making some suggested changes - one, the background. This is what happens when you get an idea stuck in your head and you came in on page nine... redoing background to make the character original... (sorry !)
:idea: Changed the create to be continuous and reversible. Drops the ranks, but I think I will compensate a little with it being proportional. The stronger the ice, the less thick as it relies more on stress points than sheer density...
:idea: A;so fixed an oops - miss calculated, and Cryokinesis can't be first power in the array.... Took two points (four ranks) from skills to balance

Background
Yes. My name is Winters and I can generate ice. Ironic ain't it?

Kevin Winters was born in Montreal, Canada to Michel Lariviere and Janet Winters. He took (or was given) his mother's maiden name when his parents split. Janet moved with Kevin to the states to start a new life with the blessing of his father (the split was amicable) and all seemed like it would be OK.

Kevin Winters was 15 when his powers manifested. Trapped in a burning building - a friend's apartment, the event was actually completely unrelated to the group he was with - Kevin's powers were what kept the group from burning and to an extent from asphyxiating. Although the friends initially wanted to keep things under wraps, the lack of fire damage and their safety made that impossible. Shunned and feared by people who didn't understand him (including his father at this point - which was a huge blow because of how supportive he'd been up til now) Kevin was ready to run way, but before he could do that, Charles Xavier showed up at his door with an offer for him and his mother.
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:35 am

The real reason baseline humans hate and fear mutants is their sick abs.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 pm

With real life kicking me around, I've also noticed that my posting rate around here is directly tied to the builds that I'm posting.
The more I build, the more I post to games.

As a result, I've got a bunch of builds that I want to finish and post.

That said, one of my favorite artists over on Deviant Art has some rather original Amalgam ideas, (at least) one of which I plan to have a go at statting:

(His gallery can be found here, and I am using his image and concept without permission as it were. Full and all credit to him!)
FrischDVH wrote: Mar’nna = Marinna + Martian Manhunter (Atlantis)

From the depths of the ocean comes Mar’nna. She is a member of an alien race (The Martian born Atlat’Eons) that landed on Earth thousands of years ago. At first, they got along with the human race until people decried them as demons. They submerged their city and are often the fodder for such legends as the lost city of Atlantis. Due to recent volatile activity in the ocean’s ecosphere, Mar’nna was sent as an ambassador to the land world. She has been here for years serving as an envoy and peacekeeper. Mar’nna has several special abilities such as: superhuman strength, aquatic polymorph, under water adaptation, and water control. With her polymorphic abilities, she can assume a regular human shape, but when she is in the water she prefers the tail of a mermaid.