The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Cyber-Samurai, Lady of the Eternal Winter)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Decibelle! Alistaire Argent!)

Post by Jabroniville »

They'd probably idolize the Charlie guy if he gained real Sonic powers, but then it'd cause tensions in the gang if he became a rival for Sagat's power. If he left the gang ENTIRELY, then they'd probably swear vengeance against him. I'm glad you like those guys- I had a lot of fun coming up with something that was equal parts outrageously goofy and yet somehow threatening.
Jabroniville

Torosaurus

Post by Jabroniville »

Old art of this character. You can tell it's old because of the "checkerboard of death" shading style I was using :).

TOROSAURUS (Clyde Carlson, aka Triceratron, Tri-Horn)
Hgt:
6'8" Wgt: 600 lbs.
Role: Powerhouse
PL 9 (117)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+2)
Intimidation 9 (+8)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Horns), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
Power-Lifting 1 (50 tons) [1]
Impervious Toughness 5 [5]
"Dinsoaur Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Horned Charge" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 8) (Inaccurate -1) [9]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Groundstrike" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded) Linked to Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Horned Charge +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)
Relationship (Brother)- Torosaurus was extremely close to his brother Steven, and was shattered when Steven gave up his humanity to become Styrako, another Dino Crew member.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 10 (117)

-First Triceratron (Mirage Comics sent him a cease & desist), then Tri-Horn, and then Torosaurus (he found out the name of another Ceratopsian in a book and decided it sounded cooler- he refuses to change it back, even after the name was folded back into "Triceratops"), Clyde is a thick-headed goon like his buddies, but was more of a natural bully, getting off on simply exerting his power over others. Clyde used bullying as the only way he knew how to get respect, bringing him into contact with The Crew. He's a moderate powerhouse packing a lethal charge, and has been known to do solo mercenary/bodyguard work- he's the most well-known member aside from T-Rex.

Jab's Notes: Triceraton was my favourite TMNT toy ever- he looked SO BAD-ASS. As I hadn't actually seen the episode, I didn't know that he was an entire species, but in my Head-Canon he was basically the most elite villain EVER. I included him as a villain in my early "Avengers" setting I believe, and introduced him to the Dino Crew as their first member. Eventually I shifted him to "Tri-Horn", a deliberately-bad name (since the first is unlikely to be legal), but recently turned it to "Torosaurus", which is a MUCH cooler dinosaur name (though it's recently been dropped as an older version of Triceratops).
Jabroniville

Thagomizer

Post by Jabroniville »

THAGOMIZER (Victor "Mayonnaise" Johnson)
Hgt:
6'5" Wgt: 600 lbs.
PL 9 (114)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 9 (+8)
Perception 2 (+1)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Tail) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Weapon Break

Powers:
Power-Lifting 1 (50 tons) [1]
"Thagomizer" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (Inaccurate -1) [11]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Groundstrike" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded) Linked to Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Thagomizer +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +3

Complications:
Addiction (Alcohol)- Even compared to the rest of the team. Thagomizer is such a black-out drunk that even his superhuman physiology & +10 Fortitude Save can barely hold him back.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 11 (114)

-Thagomizer is a Dumb Thug's Dumb Thug, being of small mind and simple tastes. A hardcore partier and violent brute, he fits right in with the Crew.

Jab's Notes: A simple, unpretentious Brute character, notable mainly for being a Stegosaurus Man. He used to be called "Stegron", but of course that's a SPIDER-MAN villain's name, so I had to make a new one- I went with Thagomizer, after the "Far Side" comic strip naming the thing (it has, of course, been adopted FOR REAL by Paleontologists, since everyone in the sciences love "The Far Side"). I just recently decided to make him a drunk- it's great Black Comedy to have a horrible addict as a supervillain, especially if they're inhuman-looking. I keep imagining these dark, dark scenes where he's bawling his eyes out because he can't quit drinking, and his enabler friends don't know how to handle it.

-I was initially going to make him black originally, but then I realized I was about to name a black person MAYONNAISE JOHNSON, and immediately thought better of it. Though I only gave him that nickname because it amused me for some reason. I could have theoretically changed it.
KorokoMystia

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Alistaire Argent! The Dino Crew!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I have to say, I love the idea of dinosaur-themed Jobbers. After all, there's plenty of dinos to based them around. Also, for AA's powersuit, I'd imagine it could be gold-coloured, shiny, and glittering, as well as the dollar signs. He's gotta flaunt his wealth to the world, after all.
Jabroniville

Raptor

Post by Jabroniville »

Upper Left. It took me YEARS to figure out a color scheme- I always kind of made Raptor, T-Rex & Pterrax all brown, in my head.

RAPTOR (aka Terror Claw)
Hgt:
6'5" Wgt: 600 lbs.
Role: Scrapper, Claw Guy
PL 9 (122)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+11)
Athletics 6 (+13)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 8 (+9)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Claws), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Takedown, Tracking

Powers:
"Dinsoaur Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
"Terrible Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Claws +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Reputation/Responsibility (Cold-Blooded Killer)- Most of the Crew is brutal. Raptor is an out-and-out murderer, with no moral convictions whatsoever. He is incredibly easy to agitate and send into a blood-frenzy.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 9 (122)

-Raptor initially joined the Crew as Terror Claw- a convicted killer, he needed super-powers as a way to avoid permanent jail time. With his newfound powers, he made up for a comparative lack of strength with complete savagery, and was often the most difficult member of the Crew to defeat. He engaged in running feuds with several other "Claw Guys", and actually became fairly well-known as a solo villain after a point, but was still generally seen with the rest of the Crew eventually.

-Unlike the others, Raptor is best-seen as a Scrapper-type, often going more accurate with his multiple claws. He often disembowels or slits the throats of his unfortunate victims, though skilled superheroes are often able to avoid him.

Jab's Notes: The Deinonychus was a well-known dinosaur of my childhood, so naturally one of them would be prominent on the initial five members of the Dino Crew. As "Jurassic Park" changed everything with their jumbo-sized Velociraptors, "Terror Claw" soon changed his name to "Raptor", but still occupies that same "Accurate Powerhouse" level that he always has- weaker than the strong guys and slower than a martial artist, but enough of both to be scary.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Pterrax

Post by Jabroniville »

Top Right of the big picture.

PTERRAX (Terrence San Angelo)
Hgt:
5'8" Wgt: 200 lbs.
Role: Flying Villain
PL 9 (99)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Aerobatics 3 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+10)
Deception 4 (+3)
Expertise (Thief) 4 (+4)
Perception 5 (+5)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+7)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Move-By Action, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack, Startle, Taunt

Powers:
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
Impervious Toughness 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 10 (99)

-Terrence was a snivelling, sneaky little git, and was the most-despised of the Crew in their human days. Not as good of a fighter, but a squirmy guy who could get into small places easily, he was ideal for quick jobs and pickpocketing, and could drink with the best of them, and so was tolerated. Since his smaller body couldn't withstand such a severe size change, he chose a smaller dinosaur, deciding he wanted to fly. As Pterrax, he has the least respect of the Big Five, owing to his smaller stature and weaker physical abilities. He's dangerous with "Fly-By" attacks, but lacks the "oomph" of the others, and is generally the most easily-defeated (though he's the first to escape).

Jab's Notes: Pterrax is an unusual thing, but something I did a lot in my youth- any group of bullies or ass-kickers would have some lesser, lamer character beside them, basically egging them on and being a sneaky little turd. I actually knew more bullies like THAT than real jock-ish, big bullies- the types who'd be hangers-on and use their big friends as back-up. These kinds of characters are REALLY unlikeable, especially because they're not even tough enough to earn RESPECT, but I think that's actually a fun storytelling trope. How many snivelling little punks like this do you even see in real comics?
Jabroniville

Styrako

Post by Jabroniville »

Center of the third row of the big picture. And yes, I screwed up his head (made it circled with spikes instead of a real Styracosaur's frill) and had to start over. The head there is actually a separate piece of paper glued onto the part I scribbled out :).

STYRAKO (Steven Carlson)
Hgt:
6'8" Wgt: 560 lbs.
PL 8 (119)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
Power-Lifting 1 (25 tons) [1]
"Horned Charge" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (Inaccurate -1) [7]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Groundstrike" Affliction 7 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded) Linked to Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) [14]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Horned Charge +5 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Relationship (Brother)- Steven, though intelligent, looked up to his stronger older brother Clyde greatly, and wished to emulate him.
Responsibility (Not a Born Fighter)- Though he tries hard, Steven lacks the "killer instinct" of a natural fighter, and frequently fails at delivering a coup de grace, or using a powerful hit against a human opponent.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 7 (119)

-Steven Carlson is the nerdier, weaker brother of Clyde (aka Torosaurus)- often picked on for his introverted nature and small size, he nonetheless grew into a good student, and went to a prestigious college. Unfortunately, he didn't quite excel as he'd planned (now being a big fish in a big pond), and was angered by his lack of success. Looking at the fame The Dino Crew had earned, Steven decided to follow in his thuggish older brother's footsteps and gain a set of super-powers. Torosaurus was mortified by his brother's decision (he'd always been proud of how his "Baby Bro" was able to be something other than a dumb punk like Clyde and most of his friends), and tried to kick him out of the Crew, but the others felt they needed some extra muscle. Styrako tried hard, but wasn't a natural brute, and often lacked that killer instinct to put a final punch into someone, leaving him open to counterattacks. The rest of the Crew soon turned on him (despite Toro's protection), and he was eventually seen less and less often.

Jab's Notes: Since I needed some new Dino Crew members, adding a similar-looking dude to Torosaurus seemed a natural move. I figured they might as well be related, and then the whole "Protective Brother/Adoring Younger Brother" thing just came to me, which added some tragedy to things.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ankylus

Post by Jabroniville »

First guy in the second row, above.

ANKYLUS
Hgt:
6'5" Wgt: 1,200 lbs.
Role: Powerhouse, Mighty Glacier
PL 9 (112)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Perception 1 (+0)

Advantages:
Close Attack 3, Improved Critical (Tail) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Withstand Damage (Trade Defense For Toughness)

Powers:
"Club Tail" Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 10) (Inaccurate -1) [15]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 13) [17]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Club Tail +5 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +14 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 8 (112)

-Andy Kilos is an old prison buddy of Clyde Carson's, and when he discovered that Clyde was the villain Torosaurus, the recurring criminal Andy was quick to join in the game. Ankylus became the sixth member of The Dino Crew, agreeing to Dr. Khameleus' transformative process.

-Andy Kilos is semi-infamous for being one of the most durable superhumans on Earth- as Ankylus, he has taken full-powered shots from Mega-Woman, Titanica, Iron Hammer and others, and has gone toe-to-toe with super-powered alien menaces without dying. His inaccuracy and slow speed holds him back from the upper echelons of mighty Supes, but he nonetheless maintains some credibility.

Jab's Notes: Ankylosaurs are one of the "Standard Token Dinosaurs" out there, so it's a natural that the ONE GUY in the "New Dinos" to recur would be this one. I kind of wanted him to be entirely-focused around durability, as his regular stats aren't that impressive, and his accuracy is balls. He also looks the most like a typical Dinosaur of the Crew, being essentially a bipedal Ankylosaurid.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The pink one, second from the end in the bottom row.

STRUTHIOS
Hgt:
6'9" Wgt: 300 lbs.
Role: Speedster
PL 8 (84)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Insight 2 (+2)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Kangaroo-Style Kick" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Speed 5 (60 mph) [5]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Kick +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Responsibility (Coward)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 7 (84)

-Struthios is a minor member of the team, having only appeared for a few conflicts before disappearing. He was a wimpy, unassuming man, but still a thief and a crook, and agreed to be altered into a Dino-Man to protect himself from some loan sharks he owed big-time. The Crew saw off the shark's men, and Struthios joined the team. His wimpiness annoyed them, and he proved himself to be rather inadequate in combat, especially compared to the larger powerhouses (he wanted to be a Struthiomimus to ensure he could run away from dangerous situations more quickly).

-At only PL 7.5, Struthios is the weakest of The Dino Crew, though his defenses are quite good.

Jab's Notes: Another deliberately-dumb guy, I keep wanting to make him just PL 7, but being a crappy PL 7.5 guy will do. I mean, you can't really make a Struthiomimus Guy look cool, so why NOT make him a cowardly tool?
Jabroniville

Hadrosaur

Post by Jabroniville »

Second row, third guy in.

HADROSAUR (Howard Platter)
Hgt:
6'7" Wgt: 500 lbs.
Role: Powerhouse, Villain Gone Good
PL 8 (106)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+11)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 1 (+2)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
Power-Lifting 1 (25 tons) [1]
Impervious Toughness 7 [7]

"Groundstrike" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded) Linked to Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (15) -- [16]
  • AE: "Hornblower" Dazzle Hearing 6 (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Hornblower +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- Hadrosaur has become a hero, enjoying the simple pleasures of doing good.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 9 (106)

-Howard Platter, a minor criminal, was an unwilling test subject of Dr. Khameleus', and was horrified to discover that he'd been turned into a Parasaurolophus-Man. Joining The Dino Crew for lack of a better option, Platter lacked the killer instinct of his fellows, and finally turned on them to save The Legion of Light. Serving his time in prison, Platter (now calling himself Hadrosaur) decided to go straight, and found himself enjoying the feeling of simply doing good- still permanently transformed, he decided to use his powers to become a real superhero. Finding Metro City crowded, he moved to a town with no other heroes- he remains a minor name (and is considered a bit of a joke by many- a large Hadrosaur Man in tights and a cape- the "Generic Hero Uniform"), but people generally find him a likeable, if silly mascot for their town.

-On several occasions, he has met the members of his old team, and been forced to battle them- they carry a grudge from his betrayal. Most of them simply settle for beating him down (thankfully, other heroes have been known to help him out, and the Crew has mostly started ignoring him), though others (Pterrax, Raptor) are more vicious.

Jab's Notes: I can't tell ya where I came up with this one- I think it just struck me that a Parasaurolophus Man would look ridiculous, and putting him in TIGHTS AND A CAPE would make him look even sillier. Therefore, he had to be DELIBERATELY silly, but in the classic nature of comedy, must be UNAWARE of how lame he looks! I figured out that the whole ensemble only works on a superhero, and so I had the plot hook- one of the New Crew turned good! The Hornblower thing is a new creation.
Jabroniville

Dimetrius

Post by Jabroniville »

First guy in from the bottom row. And yes, I went "oh shit, how are his clothes supposed to work?"

DIMETRIUS (Dmitri Kozlov)
Hgt:
6'4" Wgt: 340 lbs.
Role: Nasty Spy
PL 8 (108)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Spy) 4 (+7)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Equipment (Knife), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack

Powers:
"Synapsid Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
"Sail & Tail" Reach 1 [1]

"Power Sail" Affliction 6 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Distracting) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Knife +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 8 (108)

Origin: Dmitri Kozlov was a spy for Soviet Russia, attempting to give many secrets in the United States to his superiors. With a lessening of national tensions between the two superpowers, he found his job becoming increasingly dull and less profitable. With this in mind, he offered several secrets to Chechnyan rebels, being branded as a traitor once his activities were uncovered. Arrested and tried for treason, he faced a certain death penalty, until he was contacted by Dr. Khameleus (see Khameleus), who offered him a way out; subscribing to his "Dino DNA" process, becoming a member of the new Dino Crew (see Dino Crew). With death as the alternative, Dmitri quickly complied, and became a humanoid reptile.

-Despite his teaming up with the old group along with several other new members, Dmitri lacked cohesiveness with the unit, often bragging about his spy training, or insisting upon certain tactics, even though the others "outranked" him. This ten-man dinosaur team defeated The Guard, but were beaten in a later battle. Dmitri appeared with the Dino Crew over the next couple years only sparingly; he frequently vanished to engage in solo spy operations as a mercenary, and was rarely seen in metahuman activities. There are only three recorded instances of him teaming with the Dino Crew between the initial Guard fight and the Great Martian War.

-As a Soviet Spy, Dimetrius was well-versed in spy techniques, reconnaissance, sneaking around, communications, and other activities, though he wasn't skilled enough to avoid being caught by his superiors. He had enough combat training to effectively use a pair of sharp, curved blades as melee weapons, being one of the best hand-to-hand fighters of the Dino Crew. Despite this, however, he was considered one of the weakest members, lacking the damage potential of the more powerful Dinos, or the precision skills of those weaker ones.

Jab's Notes: A guy based off of a Dimetrodon just HAD to be named Dmitri, and thus the whole character immediately came together- he's a Russian Spy! And he uses a Knife, despite being super-strong! And his sail can blow stuff over! Yeah, he's a goof.
danelsan

Re: Dimetrius

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:12 amJab's Notes: A guy based off of a Dimetrodon just HAD to be named Dmitri, and thus the whole character immediately came together- he's a Russian Spy! And he uses a Knife, despite being super-strong! And his sail can blow stuff over! Yeah, he's a goof.
As long as he doesn't say "bro" every other word it is fine.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

I gotta say, I thought I was the only one with a universe hanging in my skull.

Also, I'm loving your old artwork with your dino-crew and Meta Woman. (I'll have to edit this once I get to her name.)

Dmitri should be the bloody boss of the Dino Crew if he wouldn't be constantly beaten up or bullied by the bigger ones.

The sail-wind affliction really works well.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

I am totally stealing the Dino Crew.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Ken

Post by Ken »

I may as well.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.