Macyn's Ultraverse Builds(Boneyard!Rune!Lord Pumpkin!NM-E! Rex Mundi!Villian Teams!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Macyn's Ultraverse Builds(Boneyard!Rune!Lord Pumpkin!NM-E! Rex Mundi!Villian Teams!)

Post by MacynSnow »

I've decided to do my own Build set's(mainly cause i'm feeling a little guilty about bumming Jab's builds now for my Druidverse set's...) and i'm starting with one of my Favorite Universes:The Ultraverse!
ULTRAVERSE STORYLINES:THE JUMPSTART EFFECT
Jumpstarts were one of the major means by which humans became super-powered Ultras in the Ultraverse. The Entity on the Moon was the "black box" of an alien spacecraft which crashed over 50,000 years ago. In an effort to return home to its world on the Godwheel, the Entity occasionally beamed energies to Earth, "Jumpstarting" the evolution of mankind to speed their development. It hoped that these Ultras would one day reach the Moon and help it return home.
Many Jumpstarts occurred throughout history. Speculation ran that Jesus, Leonardo da Vinci, and Albert Einstein may have been Ultras.
The first modern Jumpstart blanketed the San Fernando river valley, causing a number of super-powered Ultras to rise in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. The first public Ultras rose from this Jumpstart, with Hardcase and the Squad becoming local heroes. Others like Dirt Devil and Headknocker kept to the shadows.
The second modern Jumpstart was the most directed and obvious in history. A bolt from the clear blue sky struck a San Francisco cable car. 59 passengers soon realized their Ultra potential and took sides as heroes and villains. The Strangers and Night Man were created by this Jumpstart at the start of the Ultraverse.
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed May 09, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Macyn's Ultraverse Builds(3e)

Post by Jabroniville »

Huh, neat. Are you going to go back in and edit the other builds? I find I don't check threads unless the last post is "updated", so I might miss them unless you make them separate posts- that's why I always make each guy a separate post. I'm interested in seeing these guys, as I have zero familiarity with the Ultraverse.

Prime in particular always bugged me, because Young Jab looked at the exaggerated, goofy physique and the ridiculous pose chosen for the first issue as the most "Generic Super-Hero" look ever, and decided to hate the whole Ultraverse as a result. Of course, the silly imagery of the hero was DELIBERATE given his age, but those old Comics Solicits never explain things like that... they just say "This violent series from Image Comics will be RED HOT!" or "From Rob (X-Force) Liefeld and Sam (Hulk) Keith! HOT!" God, those were stupid... though I kind of miss them.

Don't feel too bad about cribbing my builds- I was never bothered by it. Though it struck me at first, since I didn't know you were posting some DIRECTLY until I looked at the Video Game Characters and went "wait... wasn't that the exact wording I used?" and then noticed the statblocks were identical :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 pm Huh, neat. Are you going to go back in and edit the other builds? I find I don't check threads unless the last post is "updated", so I might miss them unless you make them separate posts- that's why I always make each guy a separate post. I'm interested in seeing these guys, as I have zero familiarity with the Ultraverse.

Prime in particular always bugged me, because Young Jab looked at the exaggerated, goofy physique and the ridiculous pose chosen for the first issue as the most "Generic Super-Hero" look ever, and decided to hate the whole Ultraverse as a result. Of course, the silly imagery of the hero was DELIBERATE given his age, but those old Comics Solicits never explain things like that... they just say "This violent series from Image Comics will be RED HOT!" or "From Rob (X-Force) Liefeld and Sam (Hulk) Keith! HOT!" God, those were stupid... though I kind of miss them.
I'm going to not only be going back and Editing the other builds,but i've been thinking of doing these in 2E as well.:)

I always liked the Ultraverse,as anybody that gained powers had a similar origin(The Jumpstart Effect) and you could Arguably like it all the way back into Human History.....True,it was VERY 90's and had a little to much Extremeness about it(just wait untill you see my NM-E build!),but i thought the concepts were a nice mix between Marvel&DC at the time and Could've worked really well(they even had a 2 year Bible written out that in theory could've made the Industry a "Big Three",But Marvel bought their Shareholders out&immediately Buried it with a Dumptruck full of BS.)

I can see where people could've been bothered by the way Prime looked(especially given where Kevin supposedly got the Idea),but i alway's thought he had an intresting looking Costume,at least at the time....and at least they tried to hype their comics,unlike Marvel&DC Lately....
brothersale

Post by brothersale »

I always enjoyed the Ultraverse, in at least several ways it was more innovative with its character creations than many of the other characters created by the "Big Two". I mean Mantra could be considered one of the more interesting concepts he/she is the soul of an 5th century male soldier that has been fighting a hidden mystic war since then, being transplanted into a new male body every time he fell by his boss. His world goes sideways when is side is betrayed, he is killed and his boss captured, as a result he is place into the body of a untapped powerful mage, who just so happens to be a woman and mother of two. So it make for an interesting read and runs for 24 issues until marvel got their hands on it and disliked the character so they replaced he/she with the kid's babysitter (that run did not do as well).

I also recommend any the Ultraforce cartoon series to any one who can get hands on it as it is the Ultraverse equivalent of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, containing all of the big story archs of the comics (slighly modified) making it a great series for getting the basic of the Ultraverse.

I look forward to seeing your builds of Rune and Lord Pumpkin
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hardcase:
In my opinion, you underestimated Tom's lifting strength. I would have given him some power lifting. Also, from their dust-ups, I never got the feeling the difference in power between Tom and Prime are as exterme as you have them.

Prime:
-umm- This is Prime? There are way too many supermanalogue powers in the build. Yes, he had super-breath, as far as exhaling with greta force. But the heat vision, freeze breath, and the assorted super senses, no.

And I double checked this with two extreme Ultraverse fans. One of who is enough of a fan that he had an essay published in Marvel's Ultraverse Future Shock #1 ("Ultraverse: Overview - a fan's perspective" written by Neil Robertson)

Maybe the Prime in your head canon has those powers.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

sweet, you got my attention here
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:11 pm Hardcase:
In my opinion, you underestimated Tom's lifting strength. I would have given him some power lifting. Also, from their dust-ups, I never got the feeling the difference in power between Tom and Prime are as exterme as you have them.

Prime:
-umm- This is Prime? There are way too many supermanalogue powers in the build. Yes, he had super-breath, as far as exhaling with greta force. But the heat vision, freeze breath, and the assorted super senses, no.

And I double checked this with two extreme Ultraverse fans. One of who is enough of a fan that he had an essay published in Marvel's Ultraverse Future Shock #1 ("Ultraverse: Overview - a fan's perspective" written by Neil Robertson)

Maybe the Prime in your head canon has those powers.
Hardcase:
I personally think he was just using a Hero Point,but i can see your point in it so i'll do some re-tooling when i get a chance(The same goes for Prime)

Prime:
Looking back at my build,your completely right,so re-tooling is in order again.

You also gotta realize,i haven't read any Ultraverse comics in Years(i was...16 when they first came out and could Hardly get any of them here in Ky) so my memories&Knowledge will(and can)be pretty off sometimes
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Following the Advise of Jab,I'm gonna start doing this stuff this way...
HARDCASE(Tom Hawke) Occupation:Actor,hero Group Affiliation:The Squad
STRENGTH 14 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 3 FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0 INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10) Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11) Expertise (Acting) 6 (+8) Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+5) Insight 6 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+10) Investigation 6 (+8) Persuasion 5 (+7) Perception 2 (+4) Stealth 2 (+5) Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Last Stand, Power Attack, Takedown, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Nanotech Physology" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 13, Power Lifting) [14]
Immunity 7 (Pressure, Heat, Falling Damage) [7]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Strength" (61 points)
Enhanced Strength 14
Power-Lifting 9
"Ground Pound" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) (28)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+13 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +9

Complications:
Relationship(Choice)-they met after Amy's mind control started being somehow erased by the memories of Starburst,and they started a relationship after they met.
Reputation (Hollywood Actor)-A lot of people think that what Tom does is fake...
Enemy (Rex Mundi,N.M-E)-thank's to these two,Tom was they only survivor of the "First" Ultra Team the Squad...
Enemy (Various)-Tom seem's to run into various enemies(The Interceptors,Omega Team,The Alaadin Assault Squad,Hardwire,The Operator,etc.) due to his Fame...
Fame-he can never have a normal night on the town due to his celebirty Status...

Background:
Tom Hawke was a struggling actor working in Hollywood, California whose life was changed after being struck by the "Jumpstart Effect", a burst of energy from the Entity, the ancient alien spaceship responsible for most of the world's super-beings called Ultras. He gained superhuman strength and durability, Hardcase realized that he wanted more than short term success. He met with Starburst (Linda Warren), DJ Blast (Jamal Blass) and Forsa (Carlos Jimenez), who had also gained powers. The team decided to help people while bolstering their careers, and together they formed the Squad.
The Squad was active in Los Angeles for several months as heroes and celebrities. They arranged official sanction with the police department, assisting in raids against local gangs and emergency response. The Squad was woefully unprepared for their first Ultra opponent, the Nano-Mechanized Entity or NM-E. The creature tore through the Squad, dismembering Forsa and seriously injuring Starburst, before DJ sacrificed himself in a massive blast that apparently killed him and the creature. Forsa died at the hospital and Starburst remained in a coma, prompting Hardcase to retire from ultra-heroics.
He's recently been forced to take up the Ultra life again(Rather against his will)...

Macyon's Notes:
I alway's hated what happened to Harcase's first team(The Squad),but i could kind-of understand from a story percpective(it was the 90's after all:everybody had to have angest...).Still think it was a waste of good character concepts thought...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:46 pm Hardcase:
I personally think he was just using a Hero Point,but i can see your point in it so i'll do some re-tooling when i get a chance(The same goes for Prime)

Prime:

You also gotta realize,i haven't read any Ultraverse comics in Years(i was...16 when they first came out and could Hardly get any of them here in Ky) so my memories&Knowledge will(and can)be pretty off sometimes
Not a problem. I haven't looked at my Ultraverse comics in years either (they're in storage). That's why I checked with Neil and Pat.

Thank you for being gracious about it, also.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

PRIME(Kevin Green) Occupation:Teenager
PL 14 (297) STRENGTH 18 STAMINA 17 AGILITY 4 FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2 INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 4 (+9) Insight 1 (+7) Perception 2 (+8) Persuasion 5 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Inspire, Interpose, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

Powers:
"Prime Power" Power-Lifting 7 (500,000 tons) [7]
"Ectoplasmic Skin" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 19) [21]
Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging) [11]

AE: "Ground Pound" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) (28)
AE: "Super-Breath" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 11 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (36)
"Faster Than a Speeding Bullet"
Flight 18 (500,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (36) -- [40]
Dynamic AE: Quickness 16 (Feats: Dynamic) (17)
Dynamic AE: Speed 15 (64,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (16)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]

Senses 22 (Extended Vision & Hearing 4, Analytical, Low-Light, Infra, Ultra & Microvision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Ultra-Hearing) [22]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+18 Damage, DC 33)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +18 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +13

Complications:

Motivation (Doing Good)-Kevin has an Idealized view of how an Adult should act and what's Right&wrong.This can sometimes get him into Trouble..
Secret (Young Boy)- Prime is really a Teenager named Kevin Green This means he's sunny but a bit immature in his dealings with others.
Transformation (Prime Body)-By Concentrating,Kevin exudes a type of Ectoplasm that shapes itself into a Form of his Choosing(Mostly his Prime Body). The Limit on this new body is usually Several Hours.His stats as Kevin are ST 0, STA 0, AGI 2, FIGHTING 4, INT 1, AWA 2, PRE 2.

Backstory:
Russel Green was working in a top secret military research department under Colonel Samuels. He and his wife, Ruth, experienced problems conceiving their first child. They had all but abandoned the idea of having a child of their own when Russel sought out Dr. Vincent Gross. Gross was a leading scientist within the American government’s classified Super-Soldier program. Gross' experiments were designed to grow ultra-powered soldiers in the bodies of ordinary women by implanting fast-mutating genes--using their babies as a catalyst.
Gross agreed to use his experimental techniques to help the Greens in conceiving a baby. Russell happily signed all wavers. Ruth went through a number of treatments, and many samples were taken from Russell, but finally they conceived a son; Gross was excited about the special baby, a prime specimen.
Kevin Green was born, a seemingly normal baby boy. Gross told them to come back for frequent check-ups, and he also instructed Russell that he must never let another doctor examine Kevin, because some of the techniques he had used were not legal. After a Senator threatened an investigation on Gross, he was forced to destroy many of his records, and he lost touch with those he had mutated.
Kevin was a great kid and was genuinely happy. He never got sick no doctor ever gave him more than a preschool check-up, and he did well in school. Everything was perfect … until Kevin hit his 13th year.
Kevin began to experience intense stomach aches, and have some issues with the children in his school. One night burning with fever, Kevin was put to bed by his mother, while he was asleep, the pain grew in intensity to the point where he felt he might burst.
With a sudden explosion of pain, Kevin transformed into a giant Adonis-like form for the first time while half asleep. Suddenly he returned to normal inside the giant body, which had decayed into a liquid that was drowning him. Forcing himself to go back to sleep, he thought he had dreamed it all until he found the empty skin on his bedroom floor. Panicked, he tore free from the body then disposed of its remains.
After a night spend dreaming of himself as a monster, Kevin went to school and saw coach Meyer apparently grab Kelly Cantrell. Kevin was furious both at this action and at his own inability to do anything about it, but he then transformed into Prime. Excited, he flew into the air and accidentally hit a jet, knocking off one of its wings. He caught the plane and helped it land safely then flew back to school to teach Meyer a lesson.
At John F. Kennedy Junior High School in Canoga Park, California, Prime made his first public appearance, confronting coach Meyer, telling him he knew what he had been doing to the girls he coached, assaulting and threatening him to force him to stop. When Meyer tried to fight back, Prime inadvertently broke his left arm. Before he left, Prime told Kelly that he was her protector.
Prime smashed through the roof of a drug dealer's house, telling them not to deal in his neighborhood or anywhere else. The dealers attacked him with various firearm, but Prime defeated them all.

Macyn's notes:
to me personally,Prime came off really wierd.I'll be the first to admit that i was alway's a fan of Captain Marvel/Shazam,but by tossing in the Military Experimentation as his reason it kind-of turned it into a Head scratcher(at least to 16 year-old me).And is it me,or was Kevin's crush on Kelly a little...Creepy?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:41 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:46 pm Hardcase:

Prime:

Not a problem. I haven't looked at my Ultraverse comics in years either (they're in storage). That's why I checked with Neil and Pat.

Thank you for being gracious about it, also.
ask anybody around here that know's me(Hoid specifically) and they can you that i'm an incredably argreeable person.:)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

NIGHT MAN(Johnny Domingo) Occupation:Saxaphone Player,Radio Host
PL 10 (215) STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 7 FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4 INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 11 (+18) Athletics 10 (+13) Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+16) Close Combat (Stun Batons) 3 (+15) Deception 9 (+13)
Expertise (Streetwise) 9 (+13) Expertise (Radio Operator) 2 (+6) Perform(Saxaphone Player) 4 (+8) Insight 6 (+11)
Intimidation 3 (+7) Investigation 8 (+13) Perception 8 (+13) Persuasion 5 (+9) Stealth 8 (+14) Technology 6 (+12) Treatment 1 (+5) Vehicles 9 (+13)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Defensive Throw, Defensive Roll, Equipment 12 (Utility Belt), Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Grab Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 1 (Various), Luck, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Close/Concealment), Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Set-Up 2, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics), Takedown 2, Teamwork, Tracking, Ultimate Acrobatics Skill, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Detect Evil Thoughts" Senses 4 (Mental Awareness- Ranged, Radius, Acute) [4]
"Night Vision" Senses 4(Enhanced Sight-Ranged)

Equipment:
Motorcycle (Medium, Strength 1, Speed 6- 120 mph, Defense 10, Toughness 8, Remote Control (11)

"Utility Belt"
Camera, CommLink, Audio Recorder, Handcuffs, Binoculars, Mini-Tracer, Night Vision Goggles, Flashlight, Gas Mask, Multi-Tool, Rebreather, Cutting Torch (12)
"Rope&Grapple" Movement 1 (Swinging) (2)
"Taser Gloves" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (Flaws: Ranged Limited to With Connecting Materials) (20)
"Stun Batons" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Stun Baton +15 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +11

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)-where Johnny really wants them or not,his power has practically forced him into the life od a lawless vigilante.
Reputation (Lawless Vigilante)- Despite stopping several Ultra Criminal's,Night man is still wanted by the San Fransisco PD.
Quirk(Can't sleep)- due to the shard of glass being imbedded in his head destroying certain spots,Johnny can longer capable of sleep. Instead of recharging his entire brain overnight while sleeping, his brain selectively shut down individual sections in succession.
Backstory:
Johnny Domingo(Changed to Domino so he'd have a catchier stage name) is a saxaphone Player in San Fransisco.A piece of shrapnel became embedded in his head after his vehicle was struck by a cable car that had been hit by a burst of energy known as a "jumpstart". The energy is later found to originate from The Entity, an alien starship which had crashed on the Moon. Night Man jumpstarted, but the passengers of the cable car were also, some of which went on to form The Strangers. This version of Johnny Domino, while not unconditionally telepathic, could hear evil thoughts, could see in the dark and did not require sleep. His costume and equipment were merely makeshift items from hardware stores and the like, plus a kevlar vest his father lent him. His father was a former police officer turned security guard at a San Francisco Coney Island-type amusement park called "Playland", based upon the real-life Playland (San Francisco).
He uses both a gun and a taser to fight crime, though the gun was only used as a last resort and even then, never used to kill. He uses a grappling hook and rope to swing about the city, in addition to a used motorcycle he bought in the first issue as a means to transport himself quickly. A final difference, though minor, pertains to Johnny Domino's legal name. In the comic book, his name is Johnny Domingo (shortened to Domino as a catchy name to capitalize on his career as a saxophone musician) and his father's name was Edward Domingo (as opposed to the name his father was given on the television series).

Macyn's Notes:
I personally liked how he used to use a Radio Program to find his contacts,as really who would listen to the Radio during the 90's?
I also liked how they didn't use the "Batman Origin"(Parent's killed&wan't revenge) and linked him to one of my favorite Team comics at the time,The Strangers.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

and now,the ultimate 90's Fanservice character....
MANTRA(Lukasz/Eden Blake) Occupation:Goverment Agent/12 Knights of Archimage
PL 10 (169) STRENGTH 1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3 FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3 INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+14) Deception 3 (+6) Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14) Expertise (Kighthood) 10 (+14) Expertise (Monsters) 8 (+12)
Expertise (History) 12 (+16) Insight 2 (+6) Intimidation 3 (+6) Investigation 8 (+12) Perception 8 (+12) Stealth 6 (+12) Treatment 3 (+7)
Vehicles 5 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 3 (Wealth), Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 7 (Huge Arsenal), Favoured Foe (Monsters), Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Firearms, Swords), Improved Initiative, Jack-of-All-Trades, Languages 3 (Numerous), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Tracking, Trance, Ultimate Mercenary Skill, Artificer, Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist

Powers:
"Sort-of Immortal" Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]

"Magical Might"
Senses 4 (Postcognition) (Flaws: Limited to Magical Objects) [2]
Senses 3 (Detect Magic- Ranged, Tracking) [3]
AE: "Mesmerize" Mind Control 6 (24)
AE: "Brainwash" Affliction 8 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Transformed Memories) (Extras: Progressive +2) (24)
AE: "Magical Bolt" Blast 8 (16)
AE: "Form Shields" Force Field 6 (Extras: Affects Others) (12)
AE: Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3) (Extras: Portal +2) (12)

Complications:
Relationship(Gus&Evie Blake)-Despite being a guy stuck in a woman's body,Lukaz has to protect Eden's 2 children(as much as he rail's against it).
Power Loss (Magic)- Magical spells are dependent upon verbal components and hand-movements. If Mantra is tied up, bound, snared or anything else, he will be unable to cast spells.
Vulnerable (Iron)- Iron will negatively affect Mantra's spells, and break through his fields with ease.

Backstory:
The Twelve Knights of Archimage served the white magician Archimage for 1500 years against his sworn foe, Boneyard. The Knights were enchanted by the Archimage so that whenever they died, they would return by possessing the body of an adult male, carrying on in his name.
Lukasz and his fellow knights were betrayed and destroyed by one of their own. The traitor Thanasi gave Boneyard power over the Archimage by revealing the magician's true name, leading to a massacre of the knights. Lukasz was slain by the mercenary Warstrike using the Sword of Fangs. Archimage managed to save Lukasz, placing him in the body of Eden Blake: a woman with great potential as a sorceress.

Macyn's Notes:
my big issue with Mantra wasn't the concept(it was actually rather Original),or the Backstory(i thought it was an intresting way to expand the Universe without making 8 more books),it was that Lukasz was,in my opinion at least,the Biggest Douchebag i've ever read about.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

PROTOTYPE(James "Jimmy" Ruiz) Occupation:Ultra-Tech Employee&Pilot
PL 9 (137)STRENGTH 2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2 FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5 INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8) Deception 4 (+5) Intimidation 5 (+6) Technology 5 (+6) Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Energy Battery" Immunity 10 (Heat Damage, energy Damage)

"Prototype Armor" (Flaws: Removable)
Enhanced Strength 7
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 7)
Flight 7 (250 mph)
Immunity 6 (Heat, Cold, Radiation, Pressure, Suffocation, Drowning)
Senses 1 (Infravision)

"Energy Gauntlets" Blast 10 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (29) -- (31)
AE: "Electron Particle Gun" Blast 9 (Extras: Multiattack) (27)
AE: "Electrical Shock" Damage 10 (10)

-- (82 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Armored +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Electrical Shock +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Energy Gauntlets +7 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Particle Gun +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss (Prototype Suit)-wierd bit of info:if Jimmy can't wear the suit for 48 hours,he start's getting really sick and could even die(as it apparently siphon's his energy out).
Relationship (Bob Campell)-Despite Jimmy's arrogant attitude,he and the original pilot for the suit get along rather well.
Enemy (Various other Corperations&villians)
Quirk(Arrogant)
-he picked a fight with PRIME,for god's sake,over who would lead an as-yet-unformed Ultraforce.If that's doesn't say arrogant,then i need a new Dictionary..

Background:
Ruiz was hired by a company called Ultra-Tech as a corporate spokesman/mascot named Prototype. He had devices surgically implanted in his body that enabled him to cybernetically control a suit of powered armor which enabled him to fly, fire blasts of concussive energy, and which greatly amplified his strength. Ultra-Tech had discovered that Jimmy was an Ultra that could supply his own energy, reducing the size of the powered suit.

Macyn's Notes:
i personally liked this Armour(Ok,The pilot was a jerk,but not everybody's a nice guy) and thought Ultra-Tech was an intresting Corperation that should have been fleshed out better.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

CHOICE(Amy Kwitny) Occupation:Fashion Model
STRENGTH 4/17 STAMINA 4/15 AGILITY 3 FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4 INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3
Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6) Deception 2 (+5, +7 Attractive) Perception 4 (+5) Persuasion 5 (+8, +10 Attractive) Stealth 1 (+5) Vehicles 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Attractive, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Ranged Attack 9, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
Implanted Powers
Strength (61) -- [71]
AE:Senses (6)
AE: Shields (53)
AE: Force Beams (46)
Dynamic AE: Flight (39)

Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, X-Ray Vision, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]

"Strength" (61 points)
Enhanced Strength 13 (26)
Power-Lifting 7 (250,000 tons) (7)
"Ground Pound" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) (28)

"Force Beams" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (28 points)

"Shields" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 19) (21)
Immunity 10 (Life Support) (10)

"Flight" (39 points)
Flight 18 (500,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (37)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Force Beams +11 (+16 Ranged Damage, DC 31)
Ground Pound +14 Area (+14 Affliction, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 ( +10 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (Hardcase)- Due to Starburst's returning memories,she hooked-up with Tom(and,at last apperance,was Pregnant with his child)...
Vulnerable/Power Loss (All Powers-Word commands)-Due to her programming by the Choice Corperation,anyone that know's the passwords can shut everything she can do(even breathing!)...

Background:
Born in Vietnam, Amy Kwitny was the result of a brief affair between her father and mother during the Vietnam War. When her mother was killed in a bombing run on her village, she made her way to America, hoping to find her father. Instead, she wound up living in various shelters. Selected as part of the MK Ultra phase of development by Aladdin, she was subjected to several mind control experiments which erased her memory, then set free and tracked.
When UltraTech first developed its corporate spokesman, Prototype, the Choice Corporation decided to follow its lead and develop its own Ultra spokes-model. When Choice Corporation CEO Bob Dixon decided he wanted someone off the street that could be groomed and controlled, his friend J.D. Hunt 0ffered to help, using his company, NuWare, who had made progress in creating Ultras. While early experiments only lead to physical enhancements, progress made by Aladdin had shown that other enhancements were possible. With the only active Ultras at the time being the Squad, Aladdin was desperate to get them for experimentation. While plans were made, they ultimately proved pointless when the creature NM-E attacked the group, leaving DJ Blast dead, Forsa seemingly dead, and Starburst in a coma. Aladdin discovered his body half-a-mile away and took it to their research facility in Groom Lake for study, where they managed to isolate the portion of his brain that controlled his powers. An agreement between NuWare and Aladdin was then made, resulting in them pooling their information.
Rounding up the MK Ultra subjects, Choice was chosen from them because of her appealing looks. Cosmetic surgery was performed to remove the epicanthic fold, but otherwise she was left physically unchanged. When the only unharmed member of the Squad, Hardcase was busy filming a movie, undercover agents from Aladdin abducted his fiance, Starburst, from her hospital bed, taking her back to Groom Lake and then taking certain pieces of brain tissue from her. Putting Kwitny under the knife, they removed sections of her brain and replaced them with sections from the brains of Starburst and Forsa along with biochips in an early wetware experiment. The brain tissue from the Squad members gave her her powers (along with the additions of super-strength and enhanced senses), but the biochips imposed limitations, preventing her from using her powers for more than an hour, then requiring her to wait two hours before using them again, and forcing her to name the power she wanted to use. Putting her through a series of tests following the surgery, the experiment was found to be a success and her past was erased from her memory, and several "back door routines" (key phrases that would place her under the control of the speaker) were implanted. Confident that her powers were working, Aladdin and NuWare released her into the custody of Bob Dixon, who gave her a costume she was conditioned to always wear. Dixon then began using her as both a spokes-model and a mistress, similar to how J.D. Hunt used his android Candy.
Her work as a spokes-model initially met with great success, with the Choice Corporation using her to advertise numerous products they produced. Their initial plan called for an eventual staged incident that would make her powers public, but her conditions began failing, causing her to vaguely remember names and begin disobeying Dixon's orders. On her way to a remote facility in Brazil, she escaped and returned to Los Angeles where the dormant memories of Starburst led her to the home of Hardcase.

Macyn's Notes:
I personally didn't like Choice.Mostly,i think, due to how she could only use her powers for like an hour at a time then had to wait 2 more hours before she could use them again,it was an unnessessary Weakness to a character that had a pretty large weakness in the first place...